WW Clubs and Groups - Let's laugh off 40lbs by the end of Aug :)

couponingmama
03-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Hey!! I hope this is the right place for this! My friend and I just signed up here today and are doing WW online together. We are on opposite sides of the US but we are going to motivate each other by email, phone,etc and even weigh in together weekly by cam :carrot:..LOL!!

We both have similar goals that we need to reach! My husband is deployed with the military and will be returning in Sept and I really want to lose 40lbs by the time he comes home. I promised myself this year would be about getting healthy and bettering myself and I have done pretty good, I just keep falling off my horse! :dizzy:

So we decided to do this together and we could use your help too! Anyone who is new or old to weight watchers that wants to take this journey with us, hop on board! It may be bumpy but I can promise you that there will be laughs!

So the goal is 40lbs before the end of August! We can totally do this!

amandie
03-24-2011, 04:38 PM
:welcome: !!!

I think 40lbs is totally possible by the end of August/Sept- that's about 8lbs per month if I figure right (totally not a math whiz here, LOL.) GL!

josey
03-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Seriously, this is possible? How do you do that?

couponingmama
03-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Seriously, this is possible? How do you do that?

It is less than 2lbs a week, it is 22 weeks away. 1.8 lbs a week to be exact.

couponingmama
03-24-2011, 10:18 PM
:welcome: !!!

I think 40lbs is totally possible by the end of August/Sept- that's about 8lbs per month if I figure right (totally not a math whiz here, LOL.) GL!

Thank you so much!! Have you been on WW's long? I had done it before and done well, but I am new to the point plus! I am ready to do it!

josey
03-24-2011, 10:20 PM
It is less than 2lbs a week, it is 22 weeks away. 1.8 lbs a week to be exact.

Hm, I just thought that you (well, I actually) need to count a few stalls etc. into it. But hey, I am willing to try. Thanks!

amandie
03-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Oh you are so right, Josey. I did say it was possible! Hehe ;) Now that has me thinking- I have to consider not only stalls but holidays and off-track days too!

Couponingmama- I just got started on WW late January- never done it before. I love it- so much easier than counting calories, at least for me. I am on Momentum, not PointsPlus though. I was gonna do the new program but I noticed a lot of people have complained about it- up and down in weight, never a true constant loss so I think I will wait until I get to or near my goal weight before I check it out. :)

Now on to your 40lbs loss- I just hope you don't get discouraged if you don't accomplish your goal by then. I would just do what I can, you know? What have you got to lose?! ;)

josey
03-25-2011, 07:43 AM
I am just careful since I have done very well on WW before but it is not a constant drop unfortunately.
It might be possible but I wouldn't bank on it. I am too afraid of setting a goal that I won't reach since it will probably throw me off track in no time.
My hope is that I can reach goal by end of the year (50 lbs to go) but I doubt that will happen. I don't have off track days (WW is flexible enough) but there will be stalls and slow weeks.
Smaller goals are way easier to reach in my opinion and you can never have enough opportunities to reward yourself :-)
My next mini goal is about 4 lbs away (10%) and after that I have something like 6 more to reach before goal.

couponingmama
03-25-2011, 01:47 PM
You guys are totally right about smaller goals!! I always do it that way! I just weighed in for the first time this morning..ugh...someone hold me! But I am on track. I am doing a class on M & F at the YMCA, it is a womens strength training class and I am doing Zumba 2xs a week. So I will totally get exercise in.

I did weight watchers before, but am new to point plus. Do you guys do well on it?

What are your mini goals? My first one is 10lbs by the end of April. I feel it is obtainable since I am first starting and you always lose more in the beginning.

So where (about) are you guys from? I am from NH I am a sahm mom of 2 beautiful little girls and all about couponing!! I am one of those people you see go shopping and pay pennies on the dollars for stuff. It is amazing how much you can save, it is alot of work but worth it!

I am so happy some people are joining in. You guys rock!

josey
03-25-2011, 04:04 PM
I have lots of mini goals to break up the long trek (weird numbers because some are in kg, some in lbs):

1st - 10lbs & class I - 226.0 - done
2nd - under 100kg - 220.0 - done
3rd - 10% - 213.2
4th - halfway there - 201.1
5th - onederland (lbs) - 199.1
6th - no longer obese - 193.8
7th - 10kg to go - 187.2
8th - 5kg to go - 176.2
ticker goal - 165
normal BMI - 160.8
stretch goal - 154.2

We will see how it goes. I didn't set a time limit. However, one big date is June 20 (b-day) for at least onederland but preferably "no longer obese". The other is mid December because we go and visit my family and I would love to be at goal i.e. normal BMI. They have no idea I am losing weight, so anything will be a surprise but being at goal would blow them away!

Keep your fingers crossed!

PS: I am in Alberta, Canada.

redbird07
03-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone - wow what nice messages! I'm the other half of the 40-pounds by August dynamic duo. My motivator is: My former fiance' will be flying over from the UK the end of August and OMG, despite the fact that we are now great friends, I do NOT want him to see me at my current weight. Also, I have a few disabilities and the more weight I lose, the better I feel. So happy I joined this site, and hope to find other like-minded 'losers' so we can all help each othe achieve our goals.

couponingmama
03-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Do you guys have any low point favorites as far as snacks?

couponingmama
03-26-2011, 07:43 AM
So I am up bright and early to hit the childrens museum with the kids! I am armed with healthy snacks (for them and me!!) I am feeling good and energetic! Anyways, I hope everyone has an awesome day :)

proulxliu
03-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi,

I think that 40lbs could be so doable by Aug. Besides, what's the worst that could happen? Aug rolls around and I've only lost 35lbs. Still a great success!!! If I adhere to my gym schedule and stay on program, I can really see the 40 lbs gone by then-just in time for a new wardrobe for the new school year!!! :))
Thanks guys, I love these message boards and all of the hints and encouragement.

claudiaMtl
03-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Count me in...I'm not regular at coming to the computer these days, but I will at least sign in every three days...I joined ww 3 weeks ago and I'm loosing, at last...Looking forward to loosing the 40 some till August :) thanks.

amandie
03-31-2011, 04:28 AM
Hello- How are you all doing? Good, I hope.

Had a 4lb loss on weigh-in this Tuesday- very surprised but happy nonetheless! Less than a lb before I reach my first 10% loss! Soo stoked!

Couponingmama: Low point snacks I like are- frozen grapes, cucumber slices and/or baby carrots with 1/2 cup cottage cheese/balsamic vinegar and cracked black pepper as a dip, apple cinnamon or caramel rice cakes, and baked apples with some cheddar and mixture of cinnamon/brown sugar.

couponingmama
04-04-2011, 07:27 AM
4lbs you rock!!

I am down 2. I really struggled last week. But I am on my way to the gym this morning so that is a good way to start the week!!

josey
04-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Sorry guys, I missed posting here.
My weigh ins are:

Sunday, March 27 - 2.6 lbs down
Sunday, April 3 - 2.4 lbs down

total: 5 lbs down and 35 lbs to go!

YAY!!!

amandie - 4lbs is amazing!!! Good job!

couponingmama - 2 lbs is good and still on target! You can do it!

I also started another challenge with a shorter goal, if you want to join us, please do!
Here is the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/229460-canadian-victoria-day-challenge-everyone-welcome.html

Victoria Day is a Canadian holiday and the official start of summer here. But non-Canadians are - of course - also welcome to the challenge!

amandie
04-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Way to go, Josey and Couponinmama!

Tuesday's weigh in was 0.2 loss. I will take it since I had a big loss the week before plus I made 48 red velvet cupcakes (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/easy-red-velvet-cupcakes-10000000521850) (full fat with oil, buttermilk and all) topped with homemade cream cheese frosting (recipe on back of powdered sugar bag) for a friend's birthday potluck!!! Had like 5 cupcakes in the whole weekend! Kinda funny since I'm not a huge fan of red velvet but man those were good!

I just started the 30 day Shred by Jillian Michaels- she's not playing around!!!! I decided every day of that video was too much so just gonna do that MWF and resistance/balance ball training along with elliptical training on TuThSa.

Hope you all have a great week! :)

PS- just saw your link, Josey. I'll join! :)

josey
04-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Digging up this thread :-)

After a stall, I lost almost 5lbs last week. YAY. I might be able to do this after all.

I also joined the Canada Day Challenge, so I have three going. Kind of a step by step thing until end of August :-)

How is everybody doing? Any news?

Rosieposy8
04-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Hey

I would love to join your challenge..

You are all so positive and seem to be doing brilliantly.

I too tried 30 day shred.. managed one day ( In hurt so much the next day!) but have been too scared to retry since and am doing other fitness dvds and my wii zumba which I love!

Had a great exercise day today, but food wise fell onto the corn chip waggon. :(

I want to be thin enough that ppl stop accusing me of being pregnant ( chance would be a fine thing!) and so that I feel confident about my body

I weigh 168lb and am about 172 cm. I want to get down to 140 by the end of August, 2lb a week.

Anyone got any tips for not wanting to weigh in daily? I'm trying to just weight every sunday morning as I know it is otherwise not really representative.

LogRollMagerino
04-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Hey all,

Can I join the challenge as well? I have been trying to do the online WW by myself for the past few months but haven't been able stay consistent. However, I did do the meetings and online 2 years ago and took off almost 50lbs, so I know I can do it! I really need a good goal and a good group that will help me feel accountable and allow me to cheer other along. (I won "Best Team Spirit" in my swim team in high school, so I'm really good at it and love to do it :P) So I think this would really help!

couponingmama
05-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey guys! I have been SUCH a slacker in posting. I tend to do lots of facebook and do not make it anywhere else!

I am officially down 23 lbs so far!!! I have to find some pics and post them on my blog!

I have been doing high protein, low carb. Not Atkins or anything, just watching calories and carbs and exercising.

How is everyone else doing? Would anyone be interested in a private group on facebook? I just feel bad I have not been checking in here :(

So update me people!!! How are you all doing?

LogRollMagerino
05-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Awesome job couponingmama! More than half way there! You certainly have lit the fire under my butt!

I've only been dieting for 2 weeks, but I've lost about 11.8 lbs. But the first ten is the easiest, isn't it? I've been doing Weight Watchers and working out (not a lot, but I'm doing more than when I started). I need to get to the gym more, so hopefully I'll be able to loose 40 by September! If not, hopefully I'll be close.

Congrats to all!

amandie
05-16-2011, 02:56 PM
That is SO wonderful, couponingmama and logroll!!!

I totally forgot about this thread! Oops!! *subscribing now*

I'm down 30lbs so far since January but not sure how much I've lost since I came into this thread?

josey
05-17-2011, 10:52 AM
amandie, did you figure it out? I keep an excel sheet with all my weights, mini goals and challenges. Even measurements just in case I don't lose weight, I can measure and check if something changed there.
I am 23 lbs away from the end of August goal. I guess that means I have lost 17 lbs so far. Woohoo! But I think I have to ramp up to make it until the deadline.

amandie
05-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks, Josey for that thought! I found my monthly weight tracker where I write down Tuesday's weigh-ins. I've lost approximately 16.2 pounds since then so that means 24 to go. I think I will have to ramp it up too and be OP with food/exercise if I wanna make goal.

Oops- did not include my weigh-in info on this! 192.4lbs this morning from last week's 197.4 (water weight because no way I lost 5lbs since then, NO WAY.)

josey
05-17-2011, 12:53 PM
I just PMed you! Looks like your weigh in did go well :-)

amandie
05-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Indeed, Josey! ;)

couponingmama
05-17-2011, 02:53 PM
You guys are kicking butt!!
Here is pic from when a started and a pic from yesterday.

couponingmama
05-17-2011, 02:54 PM
I wonder why my ticker is not showing up :(

Sorry there it is..LOL!

LogRollMagerino
05-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Thanks Amandie! And congrats to you! 16.2, wow!

You're all putting me to shame. Only 11.8 pounds :-/ I have to get my butt into gear. I've been walking more, but I need to do more. Oi...

josey
05-22-2011, 10:02 AM
195lbs! Woohoo! I am 3lbs down this week. I am exactly halfway through this challenge! Yay

amandie
05-31-2011, 10:56 AM
Couponingmama- you look FANTASTIC!

LogRoll- 11.8 is great! Don't discount your losses! ;)

Josey- 3lbs!? Niceeee.

I'm back up to 194.0 from 192.4lbs. I skipped my weigh-in last week knowing it was just water weight and salt from my vacation. Not too bad like I thought because I ate and drank a lot... lol. Hope everyone is doing well!!!

amandie
06-07-2011, 01:24 PM
How is everyone doing?

Today's weigh-in went well. 191.2lbs, finally undid the damage done during vacation plus more since I was 192.4 before I left for vacation, lol. Now I gotta get my butt back in gear if I want to make goal by August. :workout:

Have a great day, everyone!

LogRollMagerino
06-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Sorry I've been gone, I've been sooo busy at work.

Hope everyone's is kicking butt! As of today, I'm half way done! 20.8lbs gone! Woohoo!!! Hope everyone is doing as well or better :)

amandie
06-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Way to go, LogRoll!!!! That's wonderful! ;)

amandie
06-16-2011, 03:04 AM
189.4 this am!! Soo happy! :carrot:

amandie
06-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Hi! Checking in today- 188.0lbs!!

Hope all is doing well!!!! Have a great [OP] week!

josey
06-27-2011, 11:30 AM
How is everybody doing?

amandie you are getting close eh? Good job!!

I am exactly 15lbs away from this challenge's goal! Maybe I can really pull this off. Some might remember that I was highly doubtful in the beginning but now I think it is possible.

amandie
07-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Doing good, still pushing through!!! Getting close, yeaaa!!! :)

amandie
07-12-2011, 09:28 AM
185.0 today from 187.6! Yayyyyy

josey
07-12-2011, 12:13 PM
YAY! That's great. You are getting close to your Midsummer Challenge goal!

josey
07-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi guys, how is everybody doing?
couponmama, I just re-read the first few posts where we were discussing whether it is possible to achieve or not. I gotta say, I never expected to come that close to making the challenge! Wow to all of us! This is insane!
By the way, is redbird still with us?

I dropped 3 lbs this week. Woohoo! Very happy since the last few weeks didn't go so well. I have 9 lbs to go in this challenge I believe. That's insane. I am seriously speechless that this challenge is possible. As you can see in my first few posts I was highly suspicious! I really have to thank you for posting it and convincing me to join!
We should organize a virtual party end of August. Anybody up for bbq? ;-)

josey
08-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Hm, interesting. Since nobody is posting here anymore I looked up the last posts on the profiles:

couponingmama (May)
amandie (July)
redbird07 (March)
Rosieposy8 (April)
LogRollMagerino (June)

I guess proulxliu, claudiaMtl and I are the last ones standing.
I am close but won't make goal next week.

josey
08-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Final weight in: 179 lbs. Goal was 175 lbs.
I am surprised i got so close to goal. Never guessed i would get anywhere near 40 lbs lost.

LogRollMagerino
09-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Sorry I've been silent. Things have been crazy, but I've been tracking my weight loss and pushing to try to make the 40.

Starting Weight: 248.6 lbs
Final Weight: 212.8 lbs
Total Loss: 35.8 lbs

So I didn't make it, but I got pretty close! Congrats to everyone! We kicked major boo-tay!

josey
09-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Good job LogRollMagerino!
We are the last ones standing eh?
I never thought I would even get close to this but hey, we did it!!