Old 03-23-2011, 03:14 PM   #1  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Default Novi Cleanse - Q&E

Ok I saw alot of back and forth on yesterday's thread in regards to the Novi Cleanse so I thought it deserved it's own Thread. The first part of this can be found under the Newbie Sticky but I thought I should add it here as well:

***Novi-Cleanse***

Taken from paperwork given to me by my Coach

General Description:

Novi Cleanse is a 23 day program consisting of 3 different products designed to help the liver, the kidneys, and the colon to eliminate accumulated toxins in the body. This program enhances the Ideal Protein Diet because, as we deplete our fat stores, toxins stored in the adipocytes are released. Occasionally the release of these substances may make us feel tired, "headachy" or even produce rashes. Quite possibly the liver may be stressed because in addition to burning fat and producing ketone bodies, it now has to handle these toxic substances. In blood work, some people will see certain liver enzymes slightly elevated....again this shows the liver maybe under a mild stress. This is where NOVI-CLEANSE can help!

General Guidelines:

Never start a new dieter on the cleanse! Many clinics reason that if they "clean up the system first", the dieter will be better results. This is not true. In the beginning of the diet we want to help them through any initial withdraw symptoms, let them get "comfortable" with the protocol, and experience the wide variety of our foods. Basically we want to keep this starting phase as simple as possible and adding the cleanse here will not only complicate their regimen but also may add to the possible withdraw symptoms. After the dieter has been on the program for a minimum of 4 weeks AND IS FEELING WELL, you may now contemplate adding the cleanse.

If a dieter has a chronic condition such as IBS, Crohn's Disease, Hepatitis, etc., and is in a "FLARE"....do not start the cleanse. You will only start if they are feeling well!

Directions:

Day 1
After breakfast take: 1 Novi Renal and 1 Novi Pur Capsule
After supper take: 1 Novi Renal and 1 Novi Pur Capsule
At bedtime take: 1 Novi Lax Capsule

ALWAYS DRINK AT LEAST 2 LITERS OF WATER PER DAY THROUGHOUT THE CLEANSE!

Day 2-23:

After breakfast take: 2 Novi Renal and 2 Novi Pur Capsules
After supper take: 2 Novi Renal and 2 Novi Pur Capsules
At bedtime take: 1 to 3 Novi Lax Capsules*

*The purpose of the Novi-Lax is to normalize elimination via the bowel. The goal is to have a "Soft bowel movement daily". Some people will only need one capsule per night to achieve this, others may require up to 3 or 4 capsules. NEVER exceed 4 capsules per night.

This product will not cause dependency on laxatives, but those who have "sluggish" bowels may want to use this as an ongoing maintenance product once the initial cleanse is completed. Again, always make certain the client is getting enough water throughout the day, 2 liters is the strict minimum, 3 maybe more appropriate. Clients should be encouraged to do a yearly or even a bi-yearly cleanse as part of a comprehensive plan of preventative health maintenance.

This product should not be used by women who are pregnant. Women who are breast-feeding should not us this product (The whole cleanse that is, the Novi-Lax by itself is fine) unless their pediatrician recommends it. As with any medication, if any unusual symptoms appear, the client should stop the program and report this to the clinic where it will be evaluated.

Hope this helps everyone!
Old 03-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #2  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

Ok so for the posts I read yesterday I would like to explain my experience with this cleanse. First I see liquid forms of the cleanse? Here in the States I was given pill form there was no liquid form that my Coach offered to me.

The reason I had issues with the cleanse was due to my weight loss stalling and it had nothing to do with my water intake. I increased my water intake to double to incorporate the cleanse into my diet. Also my Coach told me that the cleanse sold in the States for IP is a 23 day cleanse not a 10 or 15 days cleanse like I saw on last nights thread.

I have been on many cleanses before IP so I knew what I was in store for but was not expecting the big "C". My Coach did work with me to fix that problem while I was on the cleanse. I was also told by my Coach that I was not the only client at his office complaining of stalled weight loss. He was going to reach out to the corporate office to find out their findings. I find it funny though from my own experience that once I got off the cleanse that within 3 days I lost 5 lbs meanwhile while on the cleanse I was lucky to loose only 2 lbs a week. Figure that one out?? I makes no sense to me what so ever. The other thing I experienced was my face breaking out and I know it was due to the toxins being eliminated from my system. It was something I just dealt with and something that did happen to me before so I figured that is the way my body handles getting rid of the toxins.

I am not here to tell you avoid the Novi Cleanse I am just letting you know my own experience with it for 23 days. There are many people on there that had no issues with it and there are also many people that had issues. It is a personal choice to go on it, in my own opinion.

If anyone has any questions just let me know, again I just recently got off of it and even though my Coach recommends me going back on it in another 6 months I am going to pass. I may do some research and find another cleanse that will work with IP 6 months from now.

Hope I answered everyone's questions from last nights thread if not let me know.
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

I started the cleanse 7 days ago. I was told to do the cleanse for 15 days. I take 1-2 novi lax, 2 novi-renal and 1 tbsp of Novi Pur all in the evening after supper...this is how my coach told me to do it. All last week I experienced stomach cramping and Diarrahea in the night. I thought it was due to the Novi-Pur so I kept cutting back on how much I was taking. After talking to my coach she suggested cutting back on the novi-lax, which I did tonight so we'll see how it goes...
As for weight loss I haven't noticed a stall so far I have been breaking out but that might also be due to TOM. Hopefully the stomach cramping will stop with the cut back on the novi-lax.
I should also note that I have IBS (which hasn't been bothering me much since I started IP) and it might affect my system differently than others.
Adrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Success! after taking just one novi-lax instead of two I did not wake up with stomach cramping last night! I still have some D but not nearly to the extent that I did before. Hooray!
Adrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #5  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

Funny how your Novi Pur is in liquid form but in the States it is pill form. I wonder why they do that?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/194/150

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I will be starting the novi-cleanse this weekend so it will be interesting to see how I react. Since I'm in Calgary, I would imagine the protocol will be the same as Adrean's.

Cathy
Travelbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #7  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

Good luck Travelbug...post here from time to time I am interested on how you are doing on the cleanse or if not here then PM me.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/185/150

Height: 5'5"

I posted over on the other thread about what I felt were the benefits of doing the cleanse. I'm still interested in hearing more about the coaches or clinics that insist on doing one every 20 lbs (I think that's what it was). I think I was the first person to do it at my clinic but as I stated before, I actually requested it because an already compromised liver. As far as I know, it's not required at all at my clinic.

I've not had any bad effects from it, occasional loose stools but no D and I do feel it's really cleaning out the bowels. I needed that also, as I had a CT abdomen scan a few months ago and it came back saying I had mild diverticulitis and a few other minor things. So, guess I was ready for a good cleanse and I already know what good products IP produces.

I'd love to hear other's experiences and I'll see how you do, Cathy.

Not sure why the Novi Pur is liquid here in Canada and not the States...but I usually like liquid form of products better. Just less for the poor ol' liver to have to process. But it would be interesting to know why the difference.

Hugs,

Mary
kygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #9  

Mary,

you never had problems with your diverticulitis and the cleanse? That's good to know as my husband has diverticulitis as well and is looking to possibly start the cleanse this weekend too. I've been concerned about him doing it because of the diverticulitis. I think he wanted to give it a shot and if he had issues, he would quit. I know the novi lax piece of it was going to be the big issue. He controls his diverticulitis with Prodium and he's gone from 3 daily to 1 daily on the IP diet.

Cathy
Old 03-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbug View Post
Thank you for sharing your experiences. I will be starting the novi-cleanse this weekend so it will be interesting to see how I react. Since I'm in Calgary, I would imagine the protocol will be the same as Adrean's.

Cathy
I just picked the cleanse up today and will start tomorrow as well. My coach said I'm only the 3rd person at the clinic to do it, and the others found it boosted their weight loss, so I'm hopeful about that!

Kelly
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #11  

Quote:

Cathy
So I picked up the cleanse yesterday, and was surprised at how vague the instructions are. Called my coach, and she was equally vague; said to 'play around with it'. Not sure why, but that bugs me.

Were you given specifics, and are they different from Adrean's? I'm thinking i'll maybe spread things out a bit through the day, except the novi-lax, & hopefully avoid the night time discomfort that she had.

Would love to know what you were told.

Kelly
Old 03-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #12  

Well, I picked mine up today and it's a mix of both!

Day 1:
After breakfast take: 1 Novi Renal and 1 Tbsp Novi Pur
After supper take: 1 Novi Renal and 1 Tbsp Novi Pur
At bedtime take: 1 Novi Lax - depending on C issues, can take up to 4. Experiment with the Novi Lax to find what works best for me.

Day 2 on:
After breakfast take: 2 Novi Renal and 2 Tbsp Novi Pur
After supper take: 2 Novi Renal and 2 Tbsp Novi Pur
At bedtime take: 1 to 4 Novi Lax

Also my cleanse is for 21 days!

Here it goes....!

Cathy
Old 03-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #13  

Quote:
Well, I picked mine up today and it's a mix of both!

Day 1:
After breakfast take: 1 Novi Renal and 1 Tbsp Novi Pur
After supper take: 1 Novi Renal and 1 Tbsp Novi Pur
At bedtime take: 1 Novi Lax - depending on C issues, can take up to 4. Experiment with the Novi Lax to find what works best for me.

Day 2 on:
After breakfast take: 2 Novi Renal and 2 Tbsp Novi Pur
After supper take: 2 Novi Renal and 2 Tbsp Novi Pur
At bedtime take: 1 to 4 Novi Lax

Also my cleanse is for 21 days!

Here it goes....!

Cathy
I think I'll start off with this, too, and adjust the novi-lax however I need to. Just wondering, though...did you get more than one bottle of the novi-pur? The bottle I have is 500mls - at 4 tbsp a day I don't think it will last long enough.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygal View Post
I posted over on the other thread about what I felt were the benefits of doing the cleanse. I'm still interested in hearing more about the coaches or clinics that insist on doing one every 20 lbs (I think that's what it was). I think I was the first person to do it at my clinic but as I stated before, I actually requested it because an already compromised liver. As far as I know, it's not required at all at my clinic.

I've not had any bad effects from it, occasional loose stools but no D and I do feel it's really cleaning out the bowels. I needed that also, as I had a CT abdomen scan a few months ago and it came back saying I had mild diverticulitis and a few other minor things. So, guess I was ready for a good cleanse and I already know what good products IP produces.

I'd love to hear other's experiences and I'll see how you do, Cathy.

Not sure why the Novi Pur is liquid here in Canada and not the States...but I usually like liquid form of products better. Just less for the poor ol' liver to have to process. But it would be interesting to know why the difference.

Hugs,

Mary
Would you mind posting how you did the cleanse, Mary? The amounts & times to take the products are really all over the place, from what I can see. My coach was no help at all - just said to 'play around with it so it works for you'.

Thanks,

Kelly
Old 03-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #15  

On day 2 of the cleanse....no issues at all! Feel fine. Although Beachbella....I envy you the fact that you have the novi-pur in pill form! Blech! LOL!