Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 07:40 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home mom's #66

Stay at home Mom's #66

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #65 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny
Old 12-18-2002, 07:49 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
Welcome Gypsy- who checked in with us at the very end of the last thread, as did Holly (who I already said hello to!). I hope that neither of you had trouble finding us......someone usually starts a new thread once the old one gets above 2 or 3 pages......because brain dead folks like me start to go buggy. Aw, I am halfway buggy anyway......but that is for another day.

Jackie- great to hear from you!!!!! You must be busy, especially now. Glad that I am bringing a bit of humor to your life.....too bad I can't send you the tape of my bus vibrating with the refrain of Jingle Bells. Now they sing it even if I do not put the tape on.....I have created a monster. Hope that you and Dd, Ds and Dh (he has been a good guy recently, I hope?) are healthy and ok.

Spryng- yes 2 out of 3 of my kids have had growing pains, and they can hurt pretty bad. Sorry that you are having trouble with them (hope that is all the pain is!).

Mel- congrats on your weigh in! Keep up the good work!

We are getting colds........not too bad just enough to drag you down. Today, Dd turned 7. It has been a fun , but long day. I think her party will be in January as Mom is just too pooped to have it now! I still have a fair amount of shopping to do, which I hope to get done tomorrow.

Well, I could blab on for a while.......but had better go. A very merry Christmas to each of you (for those who will not be able to check in again).
Take care!
Ginny
Old 12-19-2002, 09:30 AM   #3  
Going All The Weigh

Hey guys. Hope everyone is doing well. I just did my home WI, my numbers werent as good as I would have hoped, but I knew with being off the program for the past few months, I would have gained some back. Have to start somewhere right.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I just wanted to say hello, and let ya'll know I thank you for letting me join your group.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hello,Everyone!

I shouldn't be here right now, but I couldn't resist visiting for a few lines or so! WELCOME, GYPSY! I'm so happy that you joined our thread! As I mentioned to Holly on the other post: I'll have more time to address you all after the holidays. Gypsy: Don't get discouraged with a weight gain during this time of year. I really give you credit for trying to lose weight right now. According to your numbers on the bottom of your posts, it looks as though you have been quite successful sometime along with your weightloss journey! I'm totally disgusted with myself & I've promised myself that I'll start a strict exercise program after the first of the year! Wish me luck! Ginny: Wish Karen a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY for me, okay? I would have sent her an e-card, but I can't get to the address files of my old computer until I get the monitor working again. It's hard to believe that she's 7 already! It seems like just yesterday that I sent her an e-card for her 5th! Where does the time go? They grow up so fast, don't they? Spryng: I'm sorry to hear that your dd's back is in pain. There are a lot of things that the doctors miss now days. I bet she has the crumby virus that's going around that attacks the upper back & shoulder/upper arm area. It can last for weeks & then somehow....just vanishes thank goodness! I hope that's all it is. Go with your Motherly instincts, not by what the doc tells you. We are the only one's that know how our children are really feeling. Well gals, I'd better close for now, as I've typed more than just a few lines. TTFN Hope to check in at least one more time before Christmas.

Last edited by Freckles; 12-19-2002 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-20-2002, 01:15 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Glad to see the posts. I will check in more later, after I take the last load of kiddies home!
have a great day!
Ginny
Old 12-20-2002, 09:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

HELLO!!!!!

I'm not sure if you girls will remember me...MISTY. I was a member here awhile back and sorda fell out of the diet sceen. I certianly did miss you girls tho wow. I'm back in diet mode and tipping the scale at 127# I guess you could say I let things go pretty bad. Well I'm trying to turn over a new leaf.
Do any of you remember me? I'm trying to think of what my user name was... I've had a few: lilbitosunshine, Misty and MistyMichele.
Well incase you have forgotten. I'm 28, married mother of 2 daughters (3 1/2 and 20 mo) I live on a farm in Southern WV where my husband raises Burley tobacco. We also have many other critters here.
Well girls it's good to be back. I'm def. in need of some serious support. And really looking forward to getting to know you all again.
I'll be away for a few days, my mammaw passed away today and I have to travel back to Ohio for the funeral. I'll back in touch as soon as I return.

God Bless
~Misty

Oh and MERRY CHRISTMAS if I don't get back before the holiday...
Old 12-20-2002, 09:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

oh and one last thing Is there any New Year challenge going on? If not is anyone interested????
Old 12-23-2002, 06:46 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Oh my goodness.........Misty aka Michele, how could I forget you??
You joined us sometime in the January-February time frame last year.......a wee little bit later than Spryng, I think. You have dark blonde hair, gorgeous brown eyes, you and Dh are farmers and you were stressed out a bit at having to get some very part time help for your girls last year so that you could help out Dh with the farm. (ok, I just checked, some of that you gave us above......but I did want you to know that I do indeed remember you! and we missed you). Welcome back! As for me, well, I am still here......sort of like that wart that will not go away...........
I am so sorry to hear that your mawmaw passed away. I guess that you will be out of town for a few days with the funeral and all. What a tough time of year to lose a loved one. My heart goes out to you and your family. I look foward to getting to know you again.

As for me, my eating has been a mess. Too much junk around the house. I am hoping to squeeze a walk in today, just to blow off some steam. This is such a stressful time of year!!!!
Well, I had better sign off and try to get something else done......my house still looks as though a bomb went off in it.
And a very Merry Christmas to all.
Ginny
Old 12-25-2002, 03:28 PM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(just came in from a wonderful snow storm........)
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 12-26-2002, 11:44 AM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Happy Holidays a bit late! I hope everyone had a good Christmas (And Thanksgiving for that matter!)

I am back. I am really disgusted with myself and I decided that come H*** or high water this is it. I got on the scale this morning and I didnt like what I saw. Too much holiday eating. Well.. I am done. The cookies are put away and I am having oatmeal and a banana for Breakfast!

Welcome to all the Newbies! I am Karen.. I have Been MIA since before Thanksgiving. Between holidays and my new book out I havent had much time! I am a 35 YO (Will be 36 on 1/1) SAHM of 2 (DS is 6 and DD is 4). I am also married to DH for 12 years and own my own business. I have been battling my weight since I was a teen and to be honest I am really tired of it. I have been on every diet known to man.. and decided that I need to change my lifestyle.. not just my eating habits. So my treadmill, Fitday.com, Food and I all need to come to terms.

Michele - Welcome Back! I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. It is so hard to lose a loved one. You and your family are in my prayers. When you get back, I really could use a good challenge! Valentines day?

Ginny - I hear ya on the junk around the house. I made 4 batches of cookies this year.. plus pumpkin pie. not to mention all the junk that came in from school, work and neighbors... Sigh... But I am starting back today and I am committed. The treadmil and I have a date at 1 pm!

Gypsy - WELCOME! And Congrats on your weight loss so far!! you may have strayed for a bit.. but your numbers are still great!! Be proud of yourself and what you have accomplished thus far!

Jackie - Tis the season isnt it? Busy is our name! Hope you are enjoying your holidays!

Well, that is all for me now. My DS is asking me to come play with him and his new leap pad! He loves to read!!

Have a good day and I will check in later!
Old 12-26-2002, 05:52 PM   #11  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Thumbs down

Im back!

good news to report! I made my date with the treadmill! 35 minutes and read my new Fitness Magazine while I was walking. I feel really great now!

I am making Chicken with Rice Soup and Cornbread for dinner. Something light after the heavy eats of the holiday. And I have not eaten one cookie or a slice of Pumpkin pie.. I am so proud of myself!

Hope all are having a good day!...
Old 12-26-2002, 05:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hello, Everyone!

Well, Christmas is over and soon we'll be into a new year! I ate WAY too much in the past two days, so I'm ready to start the new challenge! I'd like to hit "140" sometime before 2003 is over. Misty: Welcome back! I didn't forget who you were. Did you ever receive the PM I sent to you about 2 months ago? I'm sorry to hear about your Mammaw. Was this your real Mom that you went to visit earlier in the year?
The one you went to visit without your dh & kids ,with your sister?
As for you weighing 127#: I sure wish I weighed that! If I remember correctly, aren't you about 5'3"/5'4"? If you are that tall, 127# is perfect! Feel free to join us though. Karen: Count me in on the Valentine's Day challenge. Do we set our own goals individually? If so...I'm going with a little steeper challenge this time, let's say...10#. I'm feeling real gross & I'm going to be wearing a swimsuit in front of a lot of people come this February! (When we go on our annual family snowmobile group's weekend getaway.) Ginny: Thanks for keeping the thread going during the Christmas rush! Was SANTA good to you? As for celebrating the birth of Christ: We unfortunately didn't make it to church for Christmas. DS & I had bad tummy aches on Christmas Eve & kept running to the bathroom. I was all dressed & ready to go & at the last minute decided that we might make a scene if we would have gone. Well gals, my dear MIL invited us over for dinner, so I have to go now. I'll check in soon, okay? TTFN!!
Old 12-27-2002, 02:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello all!!
Welcome back Misty!! No we haven't forgotten you! You have been there for me when I hit a hard time in my life and for that I'll never forget you. I'm so glad you are with us again!! I don't know if you know yet but I'm expecting #3!! So I lurk around here to stay in touch but I'm not dieting, obviously. But I will be come June/July so I am keeping in touch with my friends. What plan are you this time? I hope you get the results you want.
Glad everyone had a nice holiday season. I'm personally glad it's over. I tend to stress a lot more during the hoidays. So that is over now. Now we are on the look out for a puppy. I thought it would be a nice addition to our yard. I think we will be getting a golden retriever soon. I hope so. The kids would love it. And speaking of kids they both had b-days this month, my little boy turned 2 on the 6th and my little girl turned 3 on christmas eve. How they are growing up!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Are any of you making new year resolutions this year?? Mine is to have a wonderful pregnancy and deliver a healthy baby come June 23 and to not blow up like a cow before it's over!! but either way, I just want a healthy baby.
Talk to you all soon!
Old 12-27-2002, 03:08 PM   #14  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Hi Spryng!! Sounds like you are feeling pretty good with the pregnancy! Holidays tend to stress me out too! I am trying to relax now.. but I have a lot to accomplish!

Jackie! Good to hear from you! I wasnt starting the challenge.. just making a suggestion to Misty! But I am game for Valentines day challenge!

I am having a good day! We have high winds so the power might go out.. so we are staying indoors today! I am planning another trek on the treadmill... if the power stays on... Otherwise I might just do some weights and other stuff I can do without power.. LOL.

I am going to run now so the kids can have lunch.. hope all are well!
Old 12-27-2002, 03:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Yes Karen I am feeling well! I feel like this pregnancy is starting is move forward at a faster pace and I'm thrilled with that! Now I'm just trying to catch up on laundry and such...
Hope your power stays on so you can get that workout in!!
Have a wonderful day!
Closed Thread