100 lb. Club - buying a scale

View Full Version : buying a scale

matt_H
12-18-2002, 04:07 PM
I apologize if this has been asked before, but i could use some advice about buying a scale that could weight me. I'm at least 370 pounds now (i was well over 400 when i started this journey in the summer). Most bathroom scales only go up to 300-330 pounds, and I don't go to the doctor to get weighed. Anyone have advice about where I can find out what I weight (without the doctors) or an affordable "high capacity" scale?

I'm 6'3 and currently have a 52 inch waist (down from a size 58 waist).

Mini-goal for the end of January is to confortably wear the size 50 pants! :P

Thanks everyone,

Matt
thepoolplayer@hotmail.com

soiley
12-18-2002, 04:47 PM
Sorry, I have no scale advice (I only get weighed at the dr's office - I'd go insane if I had a scale in my house), but I just wanted to say "congrats" to you on your success so far.

lorelei1
12-18-2002, 05:21 PM
Welcome Matt!
I have a friend who is about your weight and she weighed on one of those scales you find at drugstores where you pay a quarter to weigh. (I have seen them at grocery stores, health stores, etc... too) She weighed 360 and it weighed her. Some may have different limits though. I also want to congratulate you on your weight loss!
Good luck!!
Laura

SuchAPrettyFace
12-19-2002, 02:02 AM
Welcome, Matt! Congrats on being a loser! :D

Have you tried surfing the net for a scale that you could purchase what would be what you need? Google has a great search engine!