Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/notlooking/159

Height: 5'7"

Default Bathroom breaks....squeeze in some squats!

I've been doing this for awhile and thought I'd share. During the day, everytime I use the ladies room, I do twenty squats before I come out. At work, while out shopping, even at a friends house. I takes me about 40 seconds and makes the days when I don't do anything else (exercise wise) not a complete waste. Most days I average about 200 squats! You'll see significant results in just a couple of weeks.
babybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Here's the problem I have with this. Squats are not easy for me so being in the bathroom grunting and groaning is probably not the most optimal place for me to be doing this -- especially here at work -- with people who will recognize me! LOL

One thing I have noticed for me is this. For the past year or so (probably more) I instinctively sucked in my stomach in public and then it just became a habit for me. Well, lo and behold, fat on my tummy is gone and I have defined abs underneath! All without completing one single crunch!

(On a more serious note, your idea is a good one!)

Last edited by ShanIAm; 03-22-2011 at 04:55 PM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

nice suggestion babybird but squating in bath room just seem odd to me and not in a good way. then again i don't have room to talk i do randomly attempt to do scissor kicks and straight leaps in my living room even though I don't really come close to doing them all that well. XD

Last edited by niafabo; 03-22-2011 at 05:56 PM.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:29 AM   #4  

The idea of taking squat breaks is very innovative. I haven't really came across any thing as such, but it sounds perfect.

The moral of the story is ::::: bathroom can be used other ways.
sltdvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #5  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I do this.

I work a desk job, and I have my phone alarm set for every 35 mins. I get up and make one (HUGE) walk around the inside of my building, then I go the rest room... After peeing, lol, I usually do 100 side steps, or a 100 count of jogging in place, or 50 squats. By the time I get home at the end of the day, I've walked an extra mile.. It's great!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Do you have in elevator in your building ? Great place for lunges , as long as you are alone !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #7  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I LOVE THIS!! We just relocated and it's about a 2 minute longer walk to the bathroom than in our old building. and if I'm alone in the hall way on the way there i will jog back and forth or throw my arms up or even pretending i'm boxing.. I actually think it helps! also we have only 1 elevator for about 200 people so I've been doing the stairs a lot more.. (its only 1 floor too so I think it would be silly to take the elevator when I'm trying to lose weight) and now I'm about to go to the bathroom.. I will be doing some squats!
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/136/healthy&happy

Height: 5'8"

Great idea! I'm going to start doing this. I also use the bathroom for assisted pushups against the counter (so basically, standing with hands on the bathroom counter and feet angled away so my body is in a kind of upright plank position, then doing 10-15 pushups). To avoid being "that weird girl" in the bathroom, I only do it when I'm alone in there!
Hikermc is offline   Reply With Quote