Exercise! - Hypothyroid and Working OUt

View Full Version : Hypothyroid and Working OUt

garnet8677
03-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Ok, I am hypothyroid and everytime I do weights I feel sick. I dont even do that much. About 3 sets of 12 and that's with light weights. I rotate my muscle groups too. So, I go to gym and do say my upper body, and then for three days I feel sick. Like I have the flu. Very fatigued, not sore. Any hypos have this problem? I told my doc this and she said it is something like "inability to tolerate workout" or something and I couldn't believe something like that existed. I am 25years old and I have never been like this before. I also haven't lifted weights while being hypo before. Cardio is fine, weights aren't. Thoughts? I also wondered if I'm just that out of shape but I've been this weak before and never had this problem. I feel like my great grandma! Give me some tea and a blanket!

Dusti
03-21-2011, 03:28 PM
I am hypothyroid as well. I have heard that exercise intolerance can be a symptom of it but my understanding is that you would only have exercise intolerance if your thyroid numbers were not in line.
I have experienced some of it in the past but honestly since my numbers are in a good spot now from the medication, I fell like I can do anything exercise-wise.
Perhaps your blood work needs to be reviewed or your medication needs to be increased. Best wishes - I know this condition sucks! :)