Simply Filling/Core - weekly chat march 21st-27th

View Full Version : weekly chat march 21st-27th

ems81wales
03-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Hey ladies hope your all well thought i would start a new thread off.

Have any of you got any pans for the week?

It is my last week in uni for 5 weeks and then i have to go back to 5 exams i am not looking forward to that :(

Hope u have a nice week xxxx

pam920
03-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Hi ems. No special plans for me. My husband left this morning and I'm alone in Florida for almost a month. My sis lives in the neighborhood so we will probably shop etc.

I didn't gain any weight after eating at Carrabbas yesterday. I am going to make a pot of veggie soup and get serious about exercising this week. Maybe I will finally see another loss.

Hope everyone has a super week.

beach bum
03-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Woke up late again on Sunday and had to make a mad rush for church.My knee was the only thing that are hurting me so I didn't knee at church. Went out for a walk in the afternoon,had a wonderful walk along the beach,after the walk we sat on the park bench & yakked away about everything Its going to rain today so I guess it beach is off limits.

Didn't sleep that well last night so I guess a nap will be in order this afternoon. Had a TP session this morning where they but me in the traction machine to stretch my neck & head to get the bulging disc back in it right place.

Going to take it easy again this afternoon,and look as some cookbook for different recipes for my main meal.Otherwise nothing new.

EMS-Thanks for the new pages,No I'm not planning anything exciting this week except for going with my friend to the PB Club on Friday.

PAM-Luckily you have your sister nearby to going shopping or go to lunch with. I should make a pot of veggie soup also since is getting cold up here. People going in and out of the Medical Building were wearing winter coats.:D because it snowing on the first day of SPRING.

Have a nice day,going to start my dinner.

ontarget
03-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Ems, thank you for the new pages. Good success to you getting off that 15 pounds. Enjoy your holiday. Don't fret about those tests.

Pam, :woohoo: on not gaining. I'm glad you treated yourself. That's important. Do you miss not having sf/ff pudding as SF? Just wondering. I don't think I'll miss avocados but I'm not sure about sf/ff pudding.

Rhonda, have a safe trip home.

What are we doing this week? We are leaving for Louisville, KY in the AM. We aren't taking the computer, so I won't be able to post; however, I will most likely be able to read what's said here. Who knows? I may be able to post; but if you don't see me here, that's why.

Have a Magnificent Monday. I'll be back later today.

Tejas
03-21-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm home, safe and sound, richer for my wonderful experiences on my trip.

Thanks for the new pages, Ems. Good luck on the exams. I remember the days, long ago.

Sandra, good luck on your trip. You should be able to post, if you can read. Just type in your password.

Maryann, sorry to hear that you are hurting, but thank goodness you will mend, if too slowly.

I'm off to the gym to get to work on the excesses of my trip!

ems81wales
03-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Pam im glad you didnt gain any weight what type of soup are you making?

Maryann id love to have a walk along the beach at the moment it sounds so relaxing and nice :D

Thanks sandra tejas i hope the exams go well also.

Hope you all have a nice week xxx

pam920
03-21-2011, 06:39 PM
ems, you have plenty of time to study for those exams, you will do fine. I'm making vegetable soup. I know it's kinda too warm to be making soup, but it's healthy, and I'll freeze some for later. I'm alone for the next month, so I'll fix things I can eat for a few days. No fun cooking for just one person.

Sandra, we will miss you. Please try to check in if you can.

Welcome back Rhonda. Glad you had fun.

Maryann, hope you were able to get a walk on the beach. Our beach is closed due to bacteria. Well, there are warnings about going in the water. Many sea gulls and they are the problem. There is a food vendor there and he attracts the birds, plus all the beachers, eating etc. We went there the other day and left, due to the huge amount of birds. Did not want bird doodoo on my head, lol.

ems81wales
03-21-2011, 06:45 PM
That what i do pam i cook in bulk and freeze things xxx

ontarget
03-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you're home. Thanks for the tip. I'll do what I can.

Ems, enjoy your time off.

Pam, I'm glad your head is doodooless.

My gf will be here shortly. We're going out to dinner and chatting. All is packed and loaded. Life is good.

pam920
03-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Sandra, forgot to answer your question. I very seldom eat ff/sf pudding. When I do, I don't count the points. Have fun at dinner.

Tejas
03-21-2011, 09:49 PM
I went to the gym and did my upper body workout and spent 15 minutes on the elliptical. I was really tired, but that's not surprising given that I've been on the road for 4 days, in cars, planes and on foot. To say nothing of dramatic changes in altitude: from a few hundred feet to over 11,000 feet and back again.

So, it's time to get back to better eating. I'm looking forward to it, actually.

I hope you're all having a good evening/night.

nancy237
03-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Sloan ..sending you a pm with a nurse question

beach bum
03-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a bad experience after being on the traction machine my shoulders bothered me and I wasn't able to sleep,and once I did fall asleep I woke up at 10AM. Had some type of a brunch and that went down to the beach and met by friend Alice already walking and talking to another woman. I joined them and walked for 20 mins.

When I got home I got my mail and one of my accounts from Merrill Lynch I thought had to be re done at H&R Block but when I got down there to show them they told me it was just a small change that hasn't changed my total so I didn't have to report it to the fed gov.

Now I'm going to rest and take care of my ailments.Heat on my shoulders cold for my knee.

RHONDA-Thanks,I guess I have to get used to to traction machine,if that they only way to get my bulging disc back in place again so my hand won't tingle any more.

EMS-I try to go down to the beach as much as possible but today it was windy again and I had to make the walk short. I love the summer months as we walk down there every day for miles.In 2 weeks my friend & I will start going with our walking group all around the town.

PAM- Oh I'm sorry about bacteria forcing to closed your beach. Speaking about seagulls I had one go on the hood of my car while my friend & I were talking. By the time I go my camera out he was gone. We have not vendor's on the beach but a few people come down there and bring bags of bread for them.

Have a great day

ems81wales
03-22-2011, 04:15 PM
thanks sandra i hope they go well also :D

marryann sounds like you have a good time walking around by where you live. I hope your shoulder gets better soon :D

Im not feeling to good today, yesterday i felt sick in the afternoon and evening on and off then today i started to feel like it again so i went to bed to rest i felt a bit better, but im still feeling abit sicky this evening i hope it passes xxx

blessedwithsarah
03-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi everyone. Things are going well here. We had out taxes done this morning, can't wait for my refund! Then grocery shopping and I did get some time at the gym today. Tuesday is my day off and I usually start the day at the gym. My shoulder has been bothering me -- I get bouts of bursitis now and again. Over the weekend it was painful. So, I didn't do the elliptical or any arm work. Just the treadmill -- did you know the incline goes to 15? It was a good work out.

Making sloppy joes tonight. I bulk mine up with lots of sautee'd mushrooms, onions and peppers and serve it over a baked potato. DD and DH won't touch my veggies. They get regular hamburg roles and tater tots. I think mine is tastier! I did get DD eating greek salads - she loves the feta cheese.

Other than that, just plugging along.

Ems, congrats on the loss. Good luck with exams.

Sandra, are you starting soon with your tournaments? If so, good luck!

Maryann, where did our warmth go? I was so sad to see snow yesterday. At least here its gone already, but it raw out. I want sun!

Nancy, how is Robin doing?

BBL

ontarget
03-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Pam, I think I'll do the same. Sounds like a plan to me. :lol:

Rhonda, did you do much hiking on your trip? It sounds like you did.

Maryann and Ems, I hope you girls are feeling better.

We are in Arkansas tonight. Just finished a catfish dinner. Wow! Was it good! We are planning to be here Tuesday evening if possible.

Paula, we are enroute now to Louisville, KY. NFAA Indoor Nationals-- I am extremely excited about this tournament. I have a good feeling about it.

Sloan, we'll be breezing through your area tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

Got to close. It's almost time for Biggest Loser. Night night, Chickies.

sloanie
03-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Nancy, I didn't find a message from you. is everything okay?

Sandra, I'll be waiting to hear you "holler" as you pass through. Be careful.

I don't know if y'all remember, but a little over a year ago my dh got herself out of an abusive relationship. Well, this weekend she got engaged to a wonderful guy, and she is so happy! We are,too! He is a great guy and is "gainfully employed" as a civil engineer. He surprised her this weekend with a beautiful princess cut solitaire ring that he picked out himself. Woo hoo!

Not feeling too well tonight, so I'm getting off here. TTFN

Tejas
03-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Sloan, great news about your daughter. I'm very happy for her. :hug:

Sandra, we didn't do a lot of hiking, mostly walking around looking at pueblo sites. Some of that was not just a stroll, but none of it was strenuous. Good luck on your flinging arrows.

ems81wales
03-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks paula :d hope your well xx

Thanks sandra im feeling much better today xxx

Has any heard off jojo is she better xxx

nancy237
03-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Sloan..it was just a question , but we figured it out.
On facebook do you know how to check your private messages ??

I haven't had much time to post this week.
Robin moved from ICU to a room Saturday but Sunday night
got an intestinal infection called C Diff (that is short for its fancy name)
He had severe diarhea from from Sunday night until last night.
Because he was already on oxygen support and too weak to
get out of bed the infection was especially concerning.
Then yesterday he had a very low blood pressure and was confused
and couldn't even tell us our address. They ruled out lots of things and
finally decided it was low fluids causing the low blood pressure, so he was better after lots of fluid.

But the good news is that he was better today. He got a good nights sleep , is working with PT to be able to stand . His oxygen requirement is coming down .

We & many others had prayed last week for him to be able to get through this flu and go straight for the stem cell transplant but his doctor was planning to do another round of Chemo when he recovered from this. On Monday I asked the doctor what his thoughts were about the chemo timing and he said " I think that with all the complications he has had that when he gets over this he should go straight to the Stem Cell transplant. " :carrot::carrot:

I wish he could have gotten the transplant back in January when he first reached remission and was still physically strong. I just have to keep the faith that he will be strong enough to get through it.

Tejas
03-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Oh my, Nancy. That C. diff. can be so bad. I'm happy to hear that Robin got some fluids and that helped.

I hope it helps to know that your cyber chicks are all thinking of you and hoping for the very best for you and your family.

jojo23
03-24-2011, 04:44 AM
Thought I'd better drop in. The flu was just the start. I then went down with a septic throat followed by and ear infection followed by an eye infection. I doubt I've lost any weight though, I've been sucking up home made soup. On Sunday it will be a month since the flu hit... what a fuss I'm making.
Hope things are going OK with you all.

pam920
03-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Morning chickies.

Nancy, I will continue praying for Robin. I could say I don't know how you are doing it, but we are stronger than we realize when we have to be. Hugs to you.

jojo, good to see you. Are you still battling the flu? Have you seen a dr.?

sloan, congrats to your daughter. Hope you are feeling better.

Sandra, missing you. Hope you are having a great time.

Rhonda, are you back to working out everyday?

Maryann, hope you are doing better.

Ems, glad you are doing better. Today is WI, good luck.

I am down another pound.

ems81wales
03-24-2011, 09:29 AM
yea c diff is terrible i worked with alot of paitents who had that on hw ward i used to work on.

Jojo sorry to hear you got worse hope your feeling abit more human now.

Pam it is wi day but i dont think i have lost i weighe don my own scales this morning and it is saying i havent but i did have abig loss last week so im not to bothered but i hav ebeen good all week apart from saturday xxx

Vickie
03-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm flying through.

Nancy, I'm praying for you and Robin daily. I'm visualizing him standing strong, with a smile on his face, with no oxygen tubes. Maybe you should post a picture of him. It would help me pray to be able to see his face in my mind's eye.

Pam, NICE job! You just keep whittling away at it girl. I lost a pound last Monday too but I was disappointed. I think it's hormone bloating time so I should just be thankful. I know I'm weighing, measuring and counting every morsel that is going into my mouth. The program will work.

Ems, you have a great attitude. If we all keep at it, the program will work.

JoJo, you POOR thing! That's just not right or fair. I told Jim last night what a bad patient I make. Good thing I didn't get that flu. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Rhonda, what's up with you? Just settling back into the routine?

Sandra, hope you're having fun.

Sloan and Paula......how is everything in your neck of the woods?

We had a bit of snow this morning. I KNOW....enough already. We are ready for Spring and baseball; White Sox of course. We are celebrating my Sister and BIL's 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday. Lordy. My Sister is 14 years older than me and got married when I was 5 years old. I have known my BIL my whole life. He's been so much to me...the Brother I never had, friend, Dad (after my own died when I was 22). I can't wait to celebrate with them. We are having a special dinner out (17 of us including my BIL's MOTHER!) and then dessert/coffee/presents afterwards. They didn't want a big party so we are honoring that wish. I'm saving as many points as possible for that night. We are having some decadent dessert and a good meal. WW is all about treating so I'm taking them up on the offer!

I just learned about Simply Filling on Monday but I had to ask. And, then she had to dig in the cabinet to give me the flyer. I don't think it's something WW is truly supporting. I think for the time being my plan is to follow WW Points Plus and eat as many Simply Filling Foods as possible. My end goal will be to completely transition to Simply Filling when I feel I can deal with the portion size.

I made a Core meal the other night, Crispy Cornmeal Chicken and Oven Fries. It was awesome, however, I was shocked at how small the portion was. One large chicken thigh and an 8 oz white potato made into oven fries was something like 16 points. I gotta tell you that I ate WAY more than that of this meal when I was following Core. I was satisfied with the smaller amount but I WANTED more. It's a struggle for me since I'm a "live to eat" kind of girl.

Well, time for me to run. Hope you all have a great day!

Tejas
03-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi:

Jojo...oh my, that is one strong bug that got you, or a lot of bugs. Just keep on recovering.

I saw the orthopedist about what the other MD called a "calcification" just below my knee. He said it has built up because my quad is not doing its job and the lower leg is compensating. So, he gave me 2 exercises to do 500 time each, every day for two weeks. Yes, 500 times X 2! I can't count that high. OK, OK, I can and will.

I haven't lost any more pounds but congrats to those of you who are. However, I did try on a dance costume that I couldn't wear a few weeks ago, and it fits! NSV, for sure.

Enjoy your day. Hang in there, Nancy.

Vickie
03-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Rhonda, I'm certain you are resculpting your body. Does the calcification hurt? Will it go away with the PT or will it just stop growing if you strengthen your quad?

Time for lunch. I'm having a JC turkey burger today. It's one of my favorite Jenny meals. A seasoned turkey burger on a potato roll. It fits in the palm of my hand so one must nibble on it or it's gone quickly!

nancy237
03-24-2011, 02:29 PM
I am trying to put a link here to a photo of Robin roller skating with our grandson.

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/tarheel237/ShannonGraduation00223.jpg

Vickie
03-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Great JOB, Nancy! I see him and now I have a picture of him for my mind and my prayers. I like this photo and that's how I shall picture him for the future. Can you please let him know that we are all praying for him?

Tejas
03-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Vickie, there is an area of my lower knee that feels like a "cyst." It hurts sharply and significantly when it is manipulated. The area around it feels like a bruise, but is not bruised. The pain is minimal unless I hit my knee area. It does not hurt when I do the exercises, but aches afterwards. My understanding is that the calcification will resorb in time.

Nancy, great picture of Robin and GS. Thanks for sending it to us.

pam920
03-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Rhonda, all that exercising is paying off. You have built muscle and it takes up less room than fat. 500, oh my. I can't count that high either.

Nancy, thanks for sharing and yes, let him know we are all praying for him.

Vickie, did you try those burritos? Hey, a pound is a pound. Be proud. I got off my butt and did my 2 mile tape with Leslie.

I still haven't made my soup. I was thinking about putting it in the crock tonight. Haven't made it in crock before, but I guess it will be okay. I did make an Indian Chicken stew that is pretty good. It's simply filling, no points to count if you do sft.

ems81wales
03-24-2011, 07:07 PM
I sts this week girls which i expected as i had a big loss last week xxx

Tejas
03-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Ems, always better than a gain:lol:

jojo23
03-25-2011, 04:34 AM
Feeling a bit more human today. My doctor has given me so many antibiotics I swear when I sneeze I could cure a small village. When I went to the doctor for the first time with this bug, he said he had to blow the dust off my notes: he hadn't seen me for over 20 years.

Loved the photo of Robin, he looks the sort of man you would like to have living next door to you... dependable.

I dread to think what my weight is, I've been eating all the wrong things and my knickers sure do feel snug.

Talk to you all again soon

blessedwithsarah
03-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Happy Friday ladies. End to a long week here. We lucked out and did not get snow as they predicted earlier iin the week. Its just cold! OK,its in the 30s. but after a few days of 60's its cold. I want spring!

I do have a quick get away to look forward to -- during April school vacation we're taking off for a few days to Maine. There is an Inn I love that is right on the beach. Its now a spa so I do plan on pampering myself insome way. Then I took the rest of that week off to spend with DD - we'll be going into Boston with her Brownie troop for one day. Should be fun....but its still about4 weeks away :(

Nancy, great picture of Robin. What a handsome guy. I hope he is continuing to improve. How soon will they try the transplant?

Hi to everyone! got to get dd ready for the bus.

Vickie
03-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I slept late and just finished breakfast. It was my first day this week that I didn't have to run like crazy. I really need to go to Target and Walmart but I am SOOOO not in the mood.

My weight is still up which is scary considering I have a big party meal and dessert coming up tomorrow. I saved a bunch of points. I sure hope it's enough.

Sloan, I forgot to say Congratulations on here for your daughter and her fiance! How wonderful for her to have gone from that horrible relationship to this WONDERFUL one. I wish them the best of luck. Can't wait to see some photos. It's so fun to have peoples faces to have in mind when reading about them in posts.

Paula, we didn't get much snow either but poor Wisconsin got nailed. It's cold here too. I had two outfits picked out for tomorrow and I'll be wearing the Winter one. The Inn sounds wonderful. I'd love a few days away.

Nancy, any good new news?

Rhonda, your description of your knee situation sounds painful. I hope it reabsorbs quickly.

JoJo, you always make me grin when I read your posts. I bet the weight will come off in a flash as soon as you can get up and about.

Ems, Rhonda is right. Better than a gain. Your body is resting after that huge lost last week.

Pam, I'm only cooking once a week so I'm not sure when I will do the bake. Jim and I are craving good asian food so I'll be making my Core Chicken fried rice on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I hope the serving we get now will be filling enough. I'm thinking about also adding mushrooms as we love them. It already has water chestnuts and pea pods in it. YUM!

Sandra, hope you're having fun and winning all the trophies!

Hey Mary Ann!

pam920
03-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Hey chicks.

jojo, Vickie is right, the pounds will come off when you get back to a normal routine. Glad you are doing better. We missed you.

Vickie, do you weigh everyday? I do. My weight varies, daily. If you saved your points, you should be okay.

I started tracking yesterday. Makes me more aware of too many snacks, etc. I also did 2 miles, so maybe I will see a good loss next Thursday.

My grandson got his drivers license today after having a permit for 2 yrs, lol. I remember the days when both my girls got their license. I can still remember the day I got mine, so very long ago.

Have a good day and hi to those that come in later.

Vickie
03-25-2011, 02:41 PM
I do weigh every day, Pam, often several times. I know it's not a good thing but I'm an addict. I'm tracking and counting every single point. I had a really hungry day yesterday. I know it's hormonal. I tried to eat fruit but that wasn't what I wanted. I had saltines and smart balance (I'm sure I craved the salt and carbs), Dark Chocolate covered acai (hmmmm....chocolate?) and Jenny Craig crunchy cheese curls. That was in addition to the Zone Double Dark Chocolate Bar and glass of skim milk I'd already had for dessert. Lordy. So much for the extra points I had put away for the desserts tomorrow. I'll have to bring one of them home and have it in my new week.

Harumph.

2 miles is awesome Pam. I need to exercise too. Maybe that will help. If only I'd stop pulling muscles. I think I need to go somewhere where they can tell me how to stretch properly.

pam920
03-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Vickie, I weigh as soon as I urinate in the morning. I wouldn't dare get on during the day, lol. Have you tried the pop chips? Target sells them. Only 3 servings per bag and not real high in points, I think 3 pt+. That might satisfy your craving for carbs and crunch. I got away from all the bad snacking years ago, when I did the South Beach Diet. My husband eats sweets galore, cookies, pies, crackers, etc. and I just ignore them. I don't even want them. Oh, I like a cookie every now and then, but mostly try to find healthy alternatives. Good luck, I know it's so hard, but it will get easier.

Tejas
03-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Plain old pretzels are a good crunchy and salty snack. I buy Snyder's Rods and eat no more than 3 at a time: 120 calories.

beach bum
03-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Forgot to post as I had a very early PT session and had a horrible night sleep. They can't figure out way the machines are not working,and are go back to manual traction instead.
Than yesterday I didn't have enough time to post as I have to go to the bank and than meet my friend Alice to get to the PB club.

Had a wonderful day with my friend Alice.After the video we had lunch I had a shrimp po'boy and than we went walking for a while before catching the bus back home. I went to Walmarts and got my 2 Venetian blinds for my bed room,now I just have to call the guy to come back and hang them up.

Now I have to run out and get my groceries and do some other errands.Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

We come back later and read all the post I missed during the week.

Vickie
03-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Good Morning Chicks! It's a big eating day for me for sure. My weight is finally down a bit on the scale. Hope I don't do too much damage today. Yum.

Rhonda, I love pretzels too.

Mary Ann, at least you're not in too much pain to still go out and have fun with your friends. At least, that's something. Hope the traction works.

Pam, I haven't tried Pop Chips yet but know a lot of people who have tried them and liked them who aren't even on WW. I'll give them a try one of these days. I'm not normally a salty snacker. I think this was just hormonal.

pam920
03-26-2011, 12:06 PM
morning all.

Maryann, I wondered about you yesterday. Sorry the traction is not working.

Nothing on my agenda today. I've been tracking and exercising the last 2 days.

It's a beautiful day in the neighbo hood. Already 70 degrees and suppose to get into the 80's.

Vickie, we were posting at the same time. Hope you have fun today. Glad you are down on the scale.

nancy237
03-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Yes JoJo "dependable" is a great sum up of him.
Always there for the family !!!

He has a new fever which is really bad news..It is possible that it is coming from the intestinal infection that they know he has which is C DIFF , but he has been on antibiotics for that since Sunday. If it is a new infection I don't know how his body can handle anything more.

He has a new cough also and is having more trouble with his breathing.
It worries me that they had to bump up his O2 when the whole week he has been weaning down on it.

I would feel better if the Dr would check him but the nurse doesn't think he has changed enough to call teh doctor.

Tejas
03-27-2011, 12:29 AM
Oh my, oh my, dear Nancy. This is hard. I'm so sorry and I hope that the morning brings better news for you and your beloved husband.

Vickie
03-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Good Morning Chicks! We had an AWESOME celebration of my Sister and BIL's 50th Wedding Anniversary yesterday. They did NOT want a party so 17 of us; the same 17 my Sister cooks for on all the big holidays went out for dinner to a nice restaurant. We then went back to my Niece's house for a beautiful cake and chocolate mousse cups and presents. It was a great time. My scale is back up this morning but I shall eat with extreme moderation today and drink plenty of water in the hopes that I'll be back down tomorrow for weigh ins. I used all of my 49 points this week. We shall see.

Nancy, I continue to pray and think good thoughts for both you and Robin. How frightened you must be right now. I hope you can feel our collective hugs and our presence. I hope that this morning brings better news for you.

Happy Sunday to everyone else! What do you all have planned for this Spring day?

pam920
03-27-2011, 11:35 AM
good morning.

Nancy, my prayers continue for you and Robin, that he will get through this latest hurdle.

Vickie, sounds like you all had a lovely time yesterday. How often does someone celebrate their 50th? Not very often, so I wouldn't stress too much. Just move on.

I had a wonderful day yesterday. My husband is back in KY, and I'm here in FL until the middle of April. I went shopping and didn't buy much, but had a relaxing time looking. I also treated myself to lunch at Panera Bread. Had the Thai salad. Spicy, but very good. I was gone almost 6 hours. I went to Kohl's (got some great bargains), Target, Michael's Crafts and Hobby Lobby. Today I will work on a few project.

Have a great Sunday

beach bum
03-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Just got back from a brisk windy 45 min walk along the beach,with my friend Alice.Now I home and going to relax for a while before I go thought my old bed linens and throw out the once to shabby for the Emerald House Thrift Shop.

On Wed my handy man after putting up my blinds is going to bring down my chest where the linens are stored down to my bedroom. I 'm going curtain shopping and see if I can find a window treatment that I like for my new blinds.

Maryann, where did our warmth go? I was so sad to see snow yesterday. At least here its gone already, but it raw out. I want sun!

PAULA-I don't know, we had to go down to the beach with winter coat scarf hat and mittens. The DH used to say that it your don't like the weather wait 5 mins and it will change. Its just all England weather.

Maryann and Ems, I hope you girls are feeling better.

SANDRA-I feeling fine today I guess it passed.

don't know if y'all remember, but a little over a year ago my dh got herself out of an abusive relationship. Well, this weekend she got engaged to a wonderful guy, and she is so happy! We are,too! He is a great guy and is "gainfully employed" as a civil engineer. He surprised her this weekend with a beautiful princess cut solitaire ring that he picked out himself. Woo hoo!

SLOAN-Oh I'm so happy for her I remembered how scary it was for you & your DH. See the Lord works in mysterious ways and finally she has her chance for Happiness in her life.
===============================================

NANCY-Thanks for sharing a photo of your dear Robin hope and pray every things go well with you and your DH. Hope that the infections go away and he's be able to have the cell transfer.OH My Hope those new infections don't cause more damage. Still praying for the both of you.
===============================================
Feeling a bit more human today. My doctor has given me so many antibiotics I swear when I sneeze I could cure a small village. When I went to the doctor for the first time with this bug, he said he had to blow the dust off my notes: he hadn't seen me for over 20 years.

JOJO-TG you feeling better. Ho gee !! My doctor told me he doesn't like me to staying away to long.I tell him he should be happy that I so healthy he laughs and says How can I stay in business without you.

Mary Ann, at least you're not in too much pain to still go out and have fun with your friends. At least, that's something. Hope the traction works.

VICKIE-I was surprised this morning that my knee doesn't hurt like it used to I actually was able to kneel in church this morning.So that's a start to my exercising program.Walked 45 M. The hand hurts periodically, especially when I carry something heavy.I must remember not to,and if I move my neck in a bad position it get stuff and than the hand hurts again.
VICKIE-Glad that you had a wonderful time with your family,that's the way things go food is always around, that what those those 49 points are for.Keeping my fingers :crossed:crossed for tomorrow's W-I

Maryann, I wondered about you yesterday. Sorry the traction is not working.

PAM-I getting old and my memory isn't a sharp as it used to be,Plus I post to 4 other boards. I'm going to TP on Tuesday and will ask which method he will use machine or manually. Glad that you can go out shopping on your own,or even window shopping. Heard from friends about shopping, men don't like it.

Have to go,going to watch the golf tournament

Have a great day

ems81wales
03-27-2011, 07:10 PM
hey girls hope your all well and have had anice weekend. it is officially spring here now the clocks went forward this morning and the weather is much nicer and warmer :D Roll on sumer i hate winter hehe xxx