Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Monday, 21 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To see what you missed yesterday: 18-20 March 2011
Old 03-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning fellow IP'ers!

I have made it through week 1 and I have my very first WI later today... I will come back and update you.

I think I am going to do great on this diet! However, if this past week was any indication, Sundays are going to be the hardest for me - I had better plan well for them (as some of you wiser and more experienced people have told me)!

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-21-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Ok its Monday and spring is here...I hope everyone is working on that swimsuit body...Don't sit on the side buy a new suit this year and jump in..
Still looking for my perfect red swimsuit...
Have a great week...

Old 03-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all my fellow IPer's. Happy first day of SPRING! It was a wonderful weekend here in KS which meant a full weekend doing work in the yard. I was not on the forum this weekend, but just ran through the thread. So many great victories both S and NS. Keep at it.

This weekend, I along with my wife and neighbors ripped out 30-40 ornamental fruit/cherry/crabapple trees in our front yard. They were planted there by the previous owner and just looked horrible. Hooked them up to my Hemi and yanked them out. Our kind neighbor hauled them to a burn pile with his tractor and now we have about another 1/2 acre of usable yard. Looks so much nicer.

Along with the neighbors helping, they really noticed I lost a lot of weight and very quickly. They have a daughter that is overweight and has struggle her whole life with weight loss. She was amazed too. I explained to her the program and she is thinking about doing it. After we were all done working, I invited them all over for burgers and steaks. Small repayment of their hard work. I love my wonderful neighbors. I hope she gives IP a try. I told her that I would even be her coach. I suggested she do real IP for at least a month and then switch to alternative products as I have and I can help her out. We only have one clinic here and they are worthless. We shall see.

In reading the weekend thread, I saw a post, I think by CarrieA about her husband always being hungry and not satisfied. I struggled with this and still do to some degree. I mainly ignored it and just battled through it the first month or so, but that was crazy. I finally started having extra chicken breasts or steaks cooked up in the fridge. I would grab one of those for a quick satiating "snack" or after IP meal filler. I do eat salad like no other and have baby portabella mushrooms on them. I go through 2 heads of romaine and 2 heads of red leaf a week. I also add in pickles here and there along with hot bananna pepper rings. I found I need more protein than what IP packets were giving me. Now that I have switched to alternative products, I get much more protein than I was with IP products and I feel great. I still have great weekly results too. Hope this helps. I would just up his protein intake and I think this should help. Experiment and find what "tweeks" he and you need to do to make this program work.

It felt so great to work in the yard all weekend and not be exhausted after a few hours. I love how IP protocol has changed my life. Have a great week all!

WE ALL CAN DO THIS!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #5  

Good morning!! Went off protocol this weekend - not planned, but we ended up having a 'spring fling' party at our house, and I just ended up with a drink. Back on it today and I am committing to staying on it until I am in the 160's. Holding myself accountable this time... I am not going to be the fat chick AGAIN this summer - I need to get summer clothes and I NEED them to be stylish (rather than the well worn maternity clothes I've been wearing).
Here's to a thinner year!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/156/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Good morning fellow IP'ers!

I have made it through week 1 and I have my very first WI later today... I will come back and update you.

I think I am going to do great on this diet! However, if this past week was any indication, Sundays are going to be the hardest for me - I had better plan well for them (as some of you wiser and more experienced people have told me)!

Have a wonderful week everyone!

SusieB, can't wait to hear your results Good Luck.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 179.2/150.2/145

Height: 5'8.5"

WI# 16 this morning. Down 1 pound! That's about right for me. With the exception of the first two weeks and a week here and there, I average about 1-2 pounds, closer to 1. But that's fine. Easy does it. I'm hoping for a 100% OP week so I can finally get to Phase 2. Come on already!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #8  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Juiceman: I want to echo what you are saying about more protein. About week 6 I started feeling so lethargic in the afternoons and could barely cook dinner for my family and then I got a small boost of energy after dinner. I even got my thyroid checked because I just felt like a sloth. I decided to make a whole bunch of hard boiled eggs last Monday and now I eat 1 or 2 around 3pm. Not only do I feel fabulous, I lost over 4 lbs last week (one of my higher weeks). I would agree that some people need more protein and/or an extra packet to keep that body burning fat! (And to keep from wanting to eat your arm off)
Old 03-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 179.2/150.2/145

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Juiceman: I want to echo what you are saying about more protein. About week 6 I started feeling so lethargic in the afternoons and could barely cook dinner for my family and then I got a small boost of energy after dinner. I even got my thyroid checked because I just felt like a sloth. I decided to make a whole bunch of hard boiled eggs last Monday and now I eat 1 or 2 around 3pm. Not only do I feel fabulous, I lost over 4 lbs last week (one of my higher weeks). I would agree that some people need more protein and/or an extra packet to keep that body burning fat! (And to keep from wanting to eat your arm off)
I'm definitely one of those people that need more protein. I should try the boiled egg trick to see if I get a boost. Thanks for the tip!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #10  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

I would like to caution newbies and seasoned IPer's to not add in "extras" whatever just because others have.......

You need to follow the protocol strictly for at least a month solid IMHO to get good grasp of the protocol and what your body is doing. I am a more muscular male and I tend to burn through my low calorie intake each day.

I do not add extra proteins everyday, only when I feel my body telling me I am about to run on empty. You have to make the choice for yourself and should discuss it with your coach if you have one. I just do not want a bunch of people to start adding in more of "whatever" because they have seen a few people post about it.

Just some thoughts.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Do you eat the whole egg or just the yolk? My coach shared the egg trick with me but asked me to eat just the white so I am curious if it makes any difference if I eat the whole egg?
Old 03-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 236/222/185

Height: 5'7

My coach is completely anti-egg, even though I told her I only ever ate the whites. Any idea why this is on the bad list? I thought more healthy protein would be a good thing....
Old 03-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #13  
started IP 1.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Do you eat the whole egg or just the yolk? My coach shared the egg trick with me but asked me to eat just the white so I am curious if it makes any difference if I eat the whole egg?
I usually just eat 1 yolk with 2 whites. I add a little WF honey dijon dressing and it tastes like egg salad. I had no idea the yolk was a no-no. I don't have cholesterol issues so I didn't give it a thought.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #14  
started IP 1.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I would like to caution newbies and seasoned IPer's to not add in "extras" whatever just because others have.......

You need to follow the protocol strictly for at least a month solid IMHO to get good grasp of the protocol and what your body is doing. I am a more muscular male and I tend to burn through my low calorie intake each day.

I do not add extra proteins everyday, only when I feel my body telling me I am about to run on empty. You have to make the choice for yourself and should discuss it with your coach if you have one. I just do not want a bunch of people to start adding in more of "whatever" because they have seen a few people post about it.

Just some thoughts.
Totally agree!! I was listening to my body and adjusting and trying new things. I went a few days eating a pickle and drinking tea and still feeling lethargic. I was not saying egg = more weight loss. All our bodies are so different but this is something that worked for me and my body. Some days in lieu of an egg, I have an extra packet.

Last edited by ash825; 03-21-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #15  

Happy spring everyone! I tried out the WF marshmallow dip last night. I LOVE marshmallow fluff, so I was pretty excited when I found this... If you want to try it, don't think of fluff as you're eating it. You'll be well disappointed! It's good for what it is, but it's no fluff! Good luck everyone! Have a great and healthy day!!!
Closed Thread