Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 11 (3/21-3/27)

shan84
03-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Results to come later today.

6 freebies used and 3 eliminated players.

Please remember to weigh in on time.

Hope everyone gets week 11 off to a great start.

shan84
03-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Continued from last week's thread:

Peanutt- Thanks for the words of encouragement. You are right of course. My body does feel a lot stronger and I feel more energetic right now.

Courtney- You can rock it into the 230's this week. Go YOU!!!

CanadaMel
03-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Shan- calorie cycling seems to work for me. But I've started just using how clothes fit, since the scale doesn't seem to want to move on a regular basis.

shan84
03-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Week 11 Results

Total lbs and percentage lost -4.7lbs, -.11%

Biggest Loser:
Sindaena, -2lbs, -1.39% :celebrate: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Honorable Mentions:
JayTee, -2.5lbs, -1.30% :cheer: :cheer:

Congrats to both of you!

The blue team won this week. We had a lot of freebies and/or no scale movement last week. Hope that changes for all of us this week. Only three weeks to go!!

rainbowsmiles
03-21-2011, 09:04 AM
:(:wave: <sigh> goodbye desi, bettek, icequeen and ladyinweighting!:(
i sure am sad you guys missed the weigh in...
:shrug: sad to see us lose 4 more team members! :(

MadamButterfly
03-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Good morning all

CONGRATULATIONS SINDAENA & JAYTEE
:congrat:

I was up 1 pound this past week so I really need to get my FAT BUTT-ER in GEAR and MELT ME SOME BUTT-ER . . .

OK, off to melt some BUTT-ER!!!

CourtneyDaisey
03-21-2011, 12:23 PM
I need to melt some BUTT-ER too!!!! I have definitely started my week off on the right foot...especially since I broke my pinky toe on my left foot this weekend. :rolleyes: Yes, I am so graceful! LOL! It's all purple and swollen. I guess this week will be a concentration on upper body work since I won't be able to walk or jog very well. :(

I hope everyone had a wonderful, healthy day!

JayTee
03-21-2011, 12:53 PM
To those of us still hanging tough, congratulations. I was just reading an article that said only 12% of people of vow to better their health actually succeed. Only a few more weeks til the end of the challenge!

HANG TOUGH RED TEAM!

Oh, and Sindaena, congrats btw, but you're gonna have to quit breathing down my neck...I'm coming for you next week!

skinnycow126
03-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Congrats to Sindaena and Jaytee!

We're almost there ladies! Only a few more weeks!!

shan84
03-21-2011, 11:59 PM
How's everyone's week going so far?

Off to a good start here. Got in a little strength training on my rest day yesterday. I have pt tonight and some solo time at the gym. Hoping to see a loss this week. I'm working on the calorie cycling like mel suggested. I think the days I have pt I will have a little higher calorie intake, and the days I have hot yoga and solo gym time I will keep to a lower intake. We'll see what happens. Cheers everyone!

Sindaena
03-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Oh, and Sindaena, congrats btw, but you're gonna have to quit breathing down my neck...I'm coming for you next week!

Uh-oh.... I so need to locate my misplaced motivation and make it happen again this week!

..and thanks all. :) :carrot:

skinnycow126
03-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Happy Tuesday y'all!

I've been having a hard time today wanting to eat everything in sight! I gave up meat for lent, so I think my body just needs more fat as I have been craving peanut butter all day even though I hate it!

rainbowsmiles
03-22-2011, 03:33 PM
I have been craving peanut butter all day even though I hate it!

and i thought craving something i love was hard to handle!!
good luck avoiding the peanut butter!! i just can't open the lid....without my finger doing some dipping! i heart PB and J!

on the other hand, maybe its better to crave something you hate then something you love??? haha

skinnycow126
03-22-2011, 08:35 PM
It's really been terrible. I ate so much of it today, and you can do oh so much damage with peanut butter! I had a gain this week, and I think it had a lot to do with not being able to use meat as a tool to stave off hunger. Protein fills me up, but carbs make me hungrier so I have been ravenous and gaining weight!

CanadaMel
03-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Lots of other protein sources too. What about cottage cheese? Or eggs?

shan84
03-22-2011, 09:31 PM
It's freezing here in SK today. How's the snow going your way Mel?

rainbowsmiles
03-22-2011, 10:00 PM
well who knew the biggest loser could make me sob like a big baby!!
....to have the courage to stand up and do it....is what justin said at the end...he was a good leader...and i am sad to see him leave...but happy to see courtney stay....even so....

CanadaMel
03-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Snow has stopped for now, but I think we're due to get a little each day the rest of this week.
Not too cold though right around 0C.( + or - 5) so I can't complain. How cold is freezing Shan? Do you get cherry blossoms like Japan does?

peanutt
03-22-2011, 11:45 PM
Mel, I keep forgetting that you're just down the highway from me (I'm in Edmonton)! How much snow did you get?

I've really been struggling this week. I lost my wedding ring yesterday and have no idea where it could be. My coworkers and I searched everywhere in the office, even with a metal detector outside that a coworker brought in. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be turning up. It's been stressful at work and I've given in to some stress snacking (but all mostly healthy stuff, just more of it) so I've been dragging my butt to the gym more to still get in a good burn and make up for the extra calories. Gah, I hate getting in these cycles.

MadamButterfly
03-23-2011, 12:22 AM
HELP!!!!!

I think I'm stuck . . . UGH

I started losing weight in Oct 2010 and 2 1/2-3 months later I got stuck in the 180's. I just couldn't make the scale move, after a couple of weeks it finally started moving again and NOW I'M STUCK AGAIN . . . I've been hanging in the 160's for tooooooooooooooooo long now, gained a pound last week and another Monday AM . . .

ADVICE, THOUGHTS, SUGGESTIONS . . . UGH AND DOUBLE UGH!!!!

shan84
03-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Rainbow- :( I love the biggest loser...but I can't watch it live like you guys do.....i didn't get to see it til tonight here in SK. Bummer..guess I know what happens. Haha! Glad Courtney is still there. She makes the show really interesting.

Mel- Well, its not really freezing, but with the wind of the ocean its a bit cold today. Probably 10C and -3C at night. Still cold for this time of year though. It will be 17C by this weekend! I hope it sticks around for longer than a single day though. We do get the cherry blossoms here just like in Japan. They are beautiful!

Peanutt- Sorry to hear about your ring. Hope you find it!

Madam- I have no advice. But if you figure something out let me know! I'm struggling trying to see a drop on the scale now even though I'm seeing a ton of movement in losing inches its not translating onto the scale.

rainbowsmiles
03-23-2011, 07:56 AM
Rainbow- :( I love the biggest loser...but I can't watch it live like you guys do.....i didn't get to see it til tonight here in SK. Bummer..guess I know what happens. Haha! Glad Courtney is still there. She makes the show really interesting.

omg....shan...i am SO SORRY....i wasn't thinking when i posted that others might not have watched yet...duh...what a goof i am! sorry i spoiled it! :o

shan84
03-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Haha no worries rainbow. It was a great show. Thanks for the heads up. :)

CharlieJune
03-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Hello Friends, sorry I haven't been around much lately and have missed two weigh ins. Too much going on here and I'm really struggling. My husband and I separated. It was a long time in coming and I am the one who initiated it but I'm still reeling. I've not been on plan for two weeks. I'm not indulging-in fact, I'm barely eating and am not taking in my fluids at all. As a result, tons of water weight gain-my ankles have been so swollen at the end of the day. I am going to try to get back on track this week and turn it around. Sorry for not being an active member lately. It's spring and with spring comes new beginnings. I need to get motivated and start my own new beginning! GO RED!

rainbowsmiles
03-23-2011, 05:27 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
:hug::hug::val1:CHARLiEJUNE:val1::hug::hug:
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

CharlieJune
03-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Thank you, Susan. I needed a hug right about now!

shan84
03-23-2011, 08:55 PM
CharlieJune- Hope your doing alright. Hang in there.

skinnycow126
03-23-2011, 09:34 PM
CharlieJune- Big hugs from DC!!!

Today I had a great day on plan. Hoping to ride this momentum for a few days!!!

MadamButterfly
03-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Morning All,

Just flying by so I can go and MELT SOME MORE BUTT-ER . . . I have to break through this wall . . . <UGH>

CharlieJune: So sorry :hug: hang in there, you're a strong, beautiful woman . . . YOU CAN DO IT!!

OK, hope everyone is doing well, I'm off to hop in the bike . . . Weigh in is just a few days away . . .

HAVE A GREAT DAY :) !!!!!

CharlieJune
03-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the support, everyone. Today was a better day. I took care of myself and am planning on exercising this evening after I put my daughter to bed. Glad to see that everyone had a good day! :)

shan84
03-24-2011, 06:57 PM
It's Friday here in SK. My gym time yesterday was awesome. I really killed it sweating big time. Another pt session this afternoon. First though, my 3 and 4 year old class is off to another school for a French carnival. I'm going to be a blue butterfly! The kids are so excited as am I. Hope everyone has a fab day!

JayTee
03-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Charlie June--I was gone for a few days on Spring Break but wanted to acknowledge the rough time you must be going thru. Good for you focusing on yourself tho.

Peanutt--I hope your ring has turned up! We need a status report.

Shan--I hope the scale fairies shine favorably upon you this week. It sounds like you've really been putting in the time this week.

Last chance workouts!!! Yay?!?!?

Good luck all!

peanutt
03-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Ring is still lost. We've now had a few days of fresh snow, taking away any chance of me finding it outside soon. :(

What a rollercoaster this week has been for me. I've been swinging wildly from SUPER motivated to wanting to curl up in bed and sleep for days. I've been ravenously hungry some days and struggled to meet my minimum calories on others. I need some time to chill myself right out this weekend.

Sorry I've been silent and MIA. I'm going to try and regroup this weekend and reapproach fresh next week.

CanadaMel
03-25-2011, 08:47 PM
What a rollercoaster this week has been for me. I've been swinging wildly from SUPER motivated to wanting to curl up in bed and sleep for days. I've been ravenously hungry some days and struggled to meet my minimum calories on others. I need some time to chill myself right out this weekend.

Peanutt- Did you read my mind? That is exactly how I've been feeling! I'm attributing it to the weather & since we're only 3 hours apart I bet you could too. Though with the big mood swings I'm having I'm not sure if it's peri- menopause or what. I've wondered if it's depression, but then think, nah it's all in my head. LOL- not sure what to think anymore. Just hope we see the sun & less snow soon!

Angie
03-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi all!

It's been a crazy week for me. My Grandmother passed away last Saturday night, so we had the funeral and all that this week...had a couple of curve balls thrown my way at work. I'm so glad that it is the weekend.

I'm down a little since the last weigh in, and I hope I didn't blow that with sodium tonight (move popcorn!). I'll give it until Sunday and hopefully my system will be cleared of it.

I hope you've all had a good and successful week working towards your goals!

shan84
03-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Jaytee- Weigh in is tomorrow and right now I'm showing a gain. Damn it! I have been working hard. I've been on plan for almost 18 days now. When I told my personal trainer my weight wasn't changing she said it didn't matter because my inches are changing and I'm gaining muscle. That makes me angry. I don't want the muscle. I'm over 280lbs, I want the weight gone. She doesn't get it!

Hope everyone else fares better than me on the scale this week. I'm contemplating taking my last freebie. We'll see.

shan84
03-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Angie- Sorry to hear about your grandmother :hug:

rainbowsmiles
03-26-2011, 12:16 AM
angie...so sorry love to hear about your grandmother. my prayers are with you.
hugsssss :hug:

Angie
03-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Thank you Shan and Susan -- I am not letting this take me off track, I feel it would be terribly disrespectful to my Grama to let her passing be the catalyst for me going off track; she was very proud of what I've accomplished in the last 8 months.

Just finished my C25K week 3, day 3 workout -- I left off here a week ago and didn't want to let too much time go by without getting back to it. I feel great! I stayed on the treadmill and walked at a fast pace (for me) for an extra 13 minutes.

skinnycow126
03-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Angie- I am sorry for your loss!

Shan- Stick with it, eventually the fat will fall off!

I had a good weigh-in this morning, but am still yet to make it to the gym today. On days when I don't have fitness classes, its hard to stay motivated to keep working out.

kris2008
03-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi everyone! Good luck on your last chance workout and don't forget to weigh-in tomorrow!

MyBodyisMyTemple
03-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Hi Red Team,

I know I don't get a chance to post often but I just wanted to pop in and say hello!

Angie - my condolences to you and your family! I think that's a great attitude and perspective to have regarding not getting off track. You go girl!

Shan - although it's typically healthier to have muscle than fat in certain areas, I can certainly understand your frustration! Don't worry, you'll be back to dropping pounds in no time. Maybe the extra muscle development will spur your metabolism and boost the impact of your workouts!

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend!

There are only 2 WEEKS LEFT on this challenge. WE have all been hanging in there strong - THROUGH many UPS and DOWNS, through tragedy and triumph, through good days and bad days, through great workouts and through injury.

Let's push really hard to end this challenge off in a really great way. If you have a gain, no fret... this BL challenge is just one part of a JOURNEY and you will continue to learn more about your body, about your lifestyle, and be able to adjust it accordingly.

Either you want it, or you don't.

Do you want it?

GypsyLove
03-27-2011, 04:00 AM
sorry I couldn't finish the challenge with all of you I was in the hospital.Don't worry I'm fine now but I'll just have to wait for the next challenge to come along.stay strong everyone! :)

shan84
03-27-2011, 06:22 AM
HINT HINT :cheer: :cheer:

Important teams announcement coming tomorrow!

Angie
03-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Posted my weigh in, down 1.6 this week. I'm pretty happy to have reached the halfway point to my goal weight, and to have lost 16lbs since this challenge started.

Shan -- I'm very curious about the announcement! How are things going with your trainer lately?

Skinny Cow, My Body - Thank you :)

JayTee
03-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi all---I'm taking a "Mulligan" a Spring Break freebie this week. I enjoyed every minute of break with my kids and know by the end of the day I can squeeze enough sweaty ounces to show a loss, but I think I'd rather save it for next week.

Shan-- I hope the scale budged for you this week!

Angie-- WTG on meeting your halfsies goal!

Gypsy-- Hospital?!? Yikes! Glad to hear things are "fine" now tho.

Like MyBody alluded to...congrats to all of us who have hung in this challenge. So many people who make New Year resolutions fall off the bandwagon, so to still be among the "resolute" deserves a special round of applause!

Good luck to all in the next two weeks!

MadamButterfly
03-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Morning everyone,

Looks like everyone is doing pretty well. I think I finally broke through the wall, but will be more sure about that next week. WOW I can't believe there are only two more weeks left, hopefully I'll be out of the 160's . .

I'm down 2.0 pounds this week, I think I'm happy for that

Everyone have a great day

JayTee
03-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Hey-- Congrats to all those postings already! Especially want to high-five Rainbow!!!! Look at those losses the past few weeks! WTG!!!

shan84
03-27-2011, 06:24 PM
The scale didn't budge this week. Not one little bit. :(

Things are still going with my trainer. I have pre-paid my sessions from now until April 7th with the trainer and my yoga classes.

CharlieJune
03-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Two pound loss this week. Thank Goodness. I haven't eaten my allotment of calories much this week and that always seems to make me retain water so I wasn't expecting a loss at all. Congrats to everyone for hanging in there! GO RED!

Angie
03-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Shan on the weigh in thread you had asked for thoughts on your nutrition/exercise entries for last week. I took a peek and I was wondering if you are getting enough calories? Even without the exercise I thought your calorie count might come up a bit low. Are you shooting for any certain number? The other observation I had was that I didn't see a lot of protein in your nutrition journal, so if you could increase your protein maybe that would give you a little kick start. Other than that I was wondering if you are sore from your training sessions? Maybe your muscles are just holding on to some water, that's another possibility. In any case, stick with your plan, if you are eating on plan and exercising the scale has no choice but to move sooner or later.

shan84
03-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Angie- Thanks so much for the feedback. I don't shoot for a calorie number I just try to stay between 1200-1700 calories. Your right I'm definitely running low in protein. I'll take another look at that this week. What do you use for protein? I'm just not a big meat eater nowadays. Usually getting protein from peanut butter or eggs. I am incredibly sore from my training sessions. But not just my training sessions...even my yoga classes. :( How can I get my muscles to release the water they are holding? I drink from a 1.5 liter container everyday. Try to get in two a day and sometimes drink tea or orange juice as well. I'll keep your suggestions in mind this week. Thanks Angie!

shan84
03-27-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm going to post the new threads a little earlier this week. Don't forget to weigh in. Only about 25 minutes left.