Old 03-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default Help!!!

I just made lunch, the chicken soup and steamed some greens and put them in the soup, cooked on the stove and now I feel like the soup keeps filling up the bowl no matter how much I eat! Do I have to eat it all? I feel like a little kid at the dinner table not wanting to eat her dinner. But I feel bloated and full and it is disgusting, I can't eat another bite! I even cooked the greens in chicken broth and spiced it up with all sorts of stuff! Is it ok to dump it? Will it hurt me? HELP!!!
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
I just made lunch, the chicken soup and steamed some greens and put them in the soup, cooked on the stove and now I feel like the soup keeps filling up the bowl no matter how much I eat! Do I have to eat it all? I feel like a little kid at the dinner table not wanting to eat her dinner. But I feel bloated and full and it is disgusting, I can't eat another bite! I even cooked the greens in chicken broth and spiced it up with all sorts of stuff! Is it ok to dump it? Will it hurt me? HELP!!!
I finally threw it all out. Just couldn't stomach it anymore. My tummy is rumbly still on day 7. I think I may be a little allergic to collard greens too. I don't normally eat them. I tried the chicken soup before and wasn't crazy about it so I thought spicing it up and putting veggies in it may make it taste better. I was wrong. No more chicken soup or greens for me other than lettuce, but not mustard and collard ones! I may have a salad later to make up for the veggies. I think I ate a good cup though.

Does anyone else find the chicken soup tastes funny, not good at all?
Old 03-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

I find it's tolerable if I sauté mushrooms, peppers, onions & zucchini to put in it, but I still add lots of sea salt, and there's TONS of sodium in it already. I have used it with just a bit of water to add to stir fry with soy sauce or as a sauce over steamed veggies and plain meat if you're looking for ways to use it up.
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #4  

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
I find it's tolerable if I sauté mushrooms, peppers, onions & zucchini to put in it, but I still add lots of sea salt, and there's TONS of sodium in it already. I have used it with just a bit of water to add to stir fry with soy sauce or as a sauce over steamed veggies and plain meat if you're looking for ways to use it up.

Thanks blueand white. The chicken soup has an awful taste that doesn't seem to go away even with the spices. I like the leek soup and the tomato basil was ok too, didn't have that funky taste the chicken soup does. I've even tried it twice now because I've seen a few people say they like it.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

The mushroom soup is great-especially with added mushrooms and lots of pepper!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
The mushroom soup is great-especially with added mushrooms and lots of pepper!
Thanks Momto2cs, I tried the mushroom soup with added mushrooms and it had a weird taste to me as well. The only ones that didn't was the leek and tomato basil. I guess everyone's taste buds must be different. Most everything else I've had i really like. I really like the chili but unfortunately it's restricted.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Sz 16-18/Sz 12 (tight)/Sz 8-10

Quote:
Thanks Momto2cs, I tried the mushroom soup with added mushrooms and it had a weird taste to me as well. The only ones that didn't was the leek and tomato basil. I guess everyone's taste buds must be different. Most everything else I've had i really like. I really like the chili but unfortunately it's restricted.
I don't like any of the soups. I stick to the bars and drinks...usually the chocolate kind I have not really tried any of the other types of IP foods...I would love to hear what people DO like.
Kreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
I finally threw it all out. Just couldn't stomach it anymore. My tummy is rumbly still on day 7. I think I may be a little allergic to collard greens too. I don't normally eat them. I tried the chicken soup before and wasn't crazy about it so I thought spicing it up and putting veggies in it may make it taste better. I was wrong. No more chicken soup or greens for me other than lettuce, but not mustard and collard ones! I may have a salad later to make up for the veggies. I think I ate a good cup though.

Does anyone else find the chicken soup tastes funny, not good at all?
I'm not a big fan of the soups at all, but just an fyi, lettuce salads don't count as veggies, unless of course you put a ton of actual veggies IN the salad.
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreading View Post
I don't like any of the soups. I stick to the bars and drinks...usually the chocolate kind I have not really tried any of the other types of IP foods...I would love to hear what people DO like.
The chili is really really good! I put in some cilantro, salt, garlic. I wasn't crazy about the spaghetti bolognese. Both are restricted though. I love the chocolate products too. haven't tried the bars. Are they restricted?
Old 03-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I put the soups in a mug and find it easier to "drink them down". I keep a spoon handy to eat the stuff that I add in.

I have not tried the chicken soup and somehow, I don't really feel like I want to right now.

The mushroom soup was okay (to me) with added mushrooms, sea salt and pepper added.

The leek soup was pretty good (to me) but I cooked some leek and celery (I had no onion or I would have put some of that too) on the side in some olive oil, then I added it to the soup and used my hand blender to mix it all up. I seasoned it with sea salt and pepper.

I found that the tomato basil was horrible (to me) on it's own (with some added veggies) but much much much improved just with garlic powder, more basil, 1 tsp tomato paste, 1 capful apple cider vinegar, sea salt and black pepper (which I got from a thread about the tomato basil soup).

I love the chocolate drink box and I really look forward to it as my evening snack. I've also been having it for breakfast during the work week. The vanilla drink box was okay in the morning but I didn't like it as much at night for some reason... I felt I had a medicine taste in my mouth after having it but I think that had to do with my entering Ketosis and not the drink. I will try it again soon.

The cereal is meh-okay. I preferred it over the soup after a few days of soups. You have to continuously stir or it gets powdery.

I hope to try some of the other products soon.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-20-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: Sz 16-18/Sz 12 (tight)/Sz 8-10

Quote:
The chili is really really good! I put in some cilantro, salt, garlic. I wasn't crazy about the spaghetti bolognese. Both are restricted though. I love the chocolate products too. haven't tried the bars. Are they restricted?
Yes...the bars are restricted. I really like the Yogurt Peanut bar and Carmel Peanut bar (not sure if that is the correct name). I don't mind the Lemon Poppy Seed bar and the Cookie and Cream one is ok.
Kreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #12  
started IP: Jan 24th 2011

S/C/G: 195/173/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi! I just gave up on the soups!
To me, they are all simply YUCKY!!! I've tried adding veggies to 'em, herbs & spices... but no matter what, there is always that tast/after taste.
Don't like their texture or taste.
Would rather eat chocolate pudding 3/day for the rest of my entire life than IP soup.
Ginger Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreading View Post
Yes...the bars are restricted. I really like the Yogurt Peanut bar and Carmel Peanut bar (not sure if that is the correct name). I don't mind the Lemon Poppy Seed bar and the Cookie and Cream one is ok.
I think I'll save the bars until I get a little more bored with the products. They do sound really yummy. I heard the Caramel Peanut one is like a Snickers bar.

Well I'm back on track after Sunday night and I'm on day 2. Not doing too bad, a little weak but not at all as bad as week 1.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lily View Post
Hi! I just gave up on the soups!
To me, they are all simply YUCKY!!! I've tried adding veggies to 'em, herbs & spices... but no matter what, there is always that tast/after taste.
Don't like their texture or taste.
Would rather eat chocolate pudding 3/day for the rest of my entire life than IP soup.

the chicken and mushroom were disgusting to me. The Leek and Basil Tomato were ok. I like the Chili the best. What do you eat for Veggies?
Old 03-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

Hi Everyone!
Today is week two, day one for me. So far I'm doing ok. I agree with GettingItOff...I tried the chicken soup and felt nauseous after. And I normally LOVE tomato soup but the IP soup is now off my list too. the Spaghetti smelled ok while I was cooking it but wasn't the greatest. My fiance who is on IP with me, enjoys the soups (but he is a mushroom lover, haha). I do have a question and perhaps I'm in the wrong forum....can anyone help me make pancakes?? Twice i've tried and it's resulted in a messy disaster

thanks!
puddleduck is offline   Reply With Quote