Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Lose one dress size in less than three weeks...

Ok... I am desperate. And I feel a bit hopeless... like I can't do it.

I need to lose around 1/2 to 1 dress size in order to fit into my dress for prom. I need to lose that on the upper part of me... even though I know that means very little because it's impossible to spot reduce... but... I really need to fit into this dress.

At the moment, I can ALMOST zip it up. Not quite... but it's really close. It's like... one inch that needs to be zipped up and then I'm good... but that inch is about half an inch from being able to zip up.

So... not THAT much... but I only just realized yesterday that I had three weeks to lose it. And now I'm freaking out. I'm trying to do a lot of cardio... and some weight training as well... I spent almost an hour at the gym yesterday... it's closed today... but I'm probably going to spend an hour to an hour and a half tomorrow.

I NEED to fit into this dress. I mean... not like I can't go buy another dress... but I've always seemed to set myself up for failure in the past. Said "oh... I can do that"... and then it turns out I can't... and another part of me gets torn and ripped up. I don't want that to happen this time. I mean... I AM getting smaller. I'm closer to fitting into it then I was when I bought it... but I still have a bit of a ways to go.

I am currently eating around 1200-2000 calories... but I'm considering... just until prom... to go more strict, count everything... and keep it at 1300-1400. And then exercise for at least 30 minutes every day... aim more for an hour to an hour and a half.

I don't care about the weight... just the extra body tissue around me...

Can this be done? Can I lose enough to fit into it in 20 days?

ETA: I am 5'10", 216 lbs currently (stupid fluctuation), I would plan all my meals now... and might for the next two days... but I might possibly be either gluten sensitive or have celiac disease... and we find out results on tuesday... so it would be a waste of time to plan this whole next week right now... just to turn around and have to completely change my diet the next day (the nutritionist will probably have a plan set or something). When I go to the gym... I don't do a light workout... I really do push myself... and try everything I know how to try. If my legs hurt too much to run I go to the bikes and cycle some, then start working my arms on the weight machines... so yeah...

Last edited by Serbrider; 03-20-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

My suggestion is to switch to low carb if you are not doing low carb and to up the strength training. Don't starve yourself, PLEASE. Low carb is more filling. You could easily eat 1500-1600 and do an hour of cardio 3 times a week and 3 times a week strength training. That should do it. You still have three weeks and you are VERY close to making that dress work.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #3  
~Kim~

I don't see why it couldn't happen. You said you're real close to getting that zipper up. Just keep doing what you're doing, stay on plan and I'm sure it will fit. Good luck. =)
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #4  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

This is giving me flashbacks to high school. I had to be in a play and it involved wearing a formal dress that didnt fit me and couldnt be resized! Ugh. Embarrassing.

You are pretty close to it fitting, so do what you can with the eating and working out and hydrating...but here are some not weight loss suggestions:
- get a girdle. it may not be comfortable, but it could seriously help and is cheaper than buying a new dress for sure
- if it still doesnt fit, think about just safety pinning it and covering with a cute sweater or a shawl
- say screw the dress and wear something slightly non traditional that actually fits, be comfortable and enjoy yourself!

*hugs*

On the upside, this will be one of those moments you shall remember and hopefully use for motivation.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

If it's almost fitting you should be fine just keep your calories between 1200-1600 a day and up the cardio. also avoid doing to much back exercises while your strength training until then since it could make your back slightly larger. better looking and fimmer but larger so avoid use lighter weights while you're doing it.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #6  

Thanks guys... I haven't been extremely strict with my calories... I will... starting now. Foods... I'm already eating 85-90% whole unprocessed foods... salads are a staple since I'm also vegetarian.

I could drink a lot more water... I probably drink around 2-5 cups a day... I could stand to drink more.

If need be... I will go get a girdle. I would prefer not to (just a personal mind thing)... but I would rather do that and be able to wear the dress then not have one and not be able to wear the dress.

Thanks guys... I should have been more on top of this when I first got the dress... instead of doing my minimum diet and exercise and saying "oh... I have time". *sigh*
Old 03-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

Do NOT wear it if it is so tight you will be uncomfortable all night. Most areas have shops that sell "gently used" prom gowns. You might want to try that. The most important thing about a prom should be to have fun.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

As far as a girdle goes: there is a reason they make the things in size extra-small. Size 00 models wear foundation garments. Nice clothes just look nicer when they are put over a smooth surface. They hang better. People--even thin, toned people--are not smooth.

It's like putting a coat of primer on before you paint a wall. It just gives the paint a good foundation so that it can look its best.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6''

I don't really have a diet suggestion...but I do have one for the dress.

Last year I was in a wedding. I couldn't get my dress zipped and I didn't have money for it to be altered. (Wedding was across the country...plane ticket $300, dog boarding $100, dress $300, wedding gift $100, car rental $200 gas, food, etc $200, hotel $100.) Come **** or high water that dress was going to fit. I ordered some spanx...which smoothed out the gut but I still couldn't get it zipped. So then I tried zipping it first and putting it on over my head instead of stepping into it. IT WORKED. And it was quite comfortable too! I lasted about 14 hours in that dress and it looked great. Maybe that could work for you too.
lucyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #10  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I agree about the Spanx. I like the super-control-top pantyhose.

But I bet you could also lose it. I'd stick to a very low-calorie diet and drink nothing but TONS of water to make sure you're not carrying around any water weight.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #11  
~Kim~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyford View Post
I don't really have a diet suggestion...but I do have one for the dress.

Last year I was in a wedding. I couldn't get my dress zipped and I didn't have money for it to be altered. (Wedding was across the country...plane ticket $300, dog boarding $100, dress $300, wedding gift $100, car rental $200 gas, food, etc $200, hotel $100.) Come **** or high water that dress was going to fit. I ordered some spanx...which smoothed out the gut but I still couldn't get it zipped. So then I tried zipping it first and putting it on over my head instead of stepping into it. IT WORKED. And it was quite comfortable too! I lasted about 14 hours in that dress and it looked great. Maybe that could work for you too.
I didn't even think about that, but I had to do the same thing for my sister's wedding almost 6 years ago. I bought the dress and it was just barely from zipping, so I figured I could get into it because I had a few months. I go home for the wedding and I'm on my period so I'm worried it's not going to fit so the night before I try it on, my stepdad is trying to get the zipper up, it was really comical. Anywho, the zipper ended up getting stuck so I had to yank it over my head and the next day I had to do the same thing you did to get it on. That is a good suggestion, OP I would definitely give that a try if all else fails.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyDimples View Post
I didn't even think about that, but I had to do the same thing for my sister's wedding almost 6 years ago. I bought the dress and it was just barely from zipping, so I figured I could get into it because I had a few months. I go home for the wedding and I'm on my period so I'm worried it's not going to fit so the night before I try it on, my stepdad is trying to get the zipper up, it was really comical. Anywho, the zipper ended up getting stuck so I had to yank it over my head and the next day I had to do the same thing you did to get it on. That is a good suggestion, OP I would definitely give that a try if all else fails.
Haha... I just tried that... No cigar. My boobs are just too big to fit through the waist. maybe further down the road it would work... Just not now. I was actually scared for a moment that I wouldn't be able to get it off... It was above the girls and below my broadish shoulders. Aka stuck. I did manage to unzip it though. That wouldn't have been something to explain to my brothers... No bra (wanted to see if I could squeeze my breasts through one at a time), with a really short dress stuck... Yeah.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #13  

Research and try the Dukan Diet. Stick to the attach phase 100% and you will lose for sure. It may be water at first but as you have time constraints, you may have to bite the bullet. I lost 3 pounds (of water) in 2 days. I'm happy to see any kind of progress. I am drinking over a gal a day so far.
Good luck. The first few days are really really difficult but the cravings go away which to me is brilliant!
saycindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

i'd get the dress altered. Because even if you do SQUEEZE(from how your describing it) into it, it NEVER looks good.
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

I agree with almost all the posters above me - you need a multi-pronged attack! Low carb, have it altered, and wear some kind of body shaper. Even if you can get it zipped, if it's that tight you want the shaper. Even if the dress fits, a shaper just makes such a huge difference!
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote