UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Default What do you do to make your self feel good?

I am a slave to looking good as in i always go out with full make up nails done hair done that kind of thing.... wish i could put as much effort in to being slim as I did tarting myself up!
But I want to give my self a beauty treat for when i lose my next 5lbs and short of botox (that im scared about having & cant really afford) I dont know what to do and I dont want a food treat
Any suggestions? or non beauty treats that dont involve food

xxx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 73kg/see ticker/55kg

Height: 5'7''

I'm completely with you on the beauty addiction. I've recently become completely addicted to Groupon, which tends to have lots of beauty deals on (it's where I got my Power Plate classes from) so I tend to treat myself to one of those a month. It's quite nice because you get to try things out you wouldn't normally (fish pedicure, anyone?) The only word of caution is that you might not be able to book for exactly when you want so it's not ideal if you want something for a specific day.

If it's just a small-ish treat I'm after, nothing beats Clarins Satin Smooth Body Lotion for me. Just bliss.

Let us know what you end up going for!
LondonJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #3  

I love Groupon, such good deals, i will keep any eye out over the next few weeks.
Thanks will keep you posted xx
Old 03-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 294/292/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm exactly the same! I cant leave the house unless I've done my makeup and my hair's done properly, its the one thing that makes me feel good. And in a weird way I think if the top bit of me looks ok people wont notice the rest lol

My favourite treat has to be a mini pamper session! A long hot bubble bath, followed by a conditioning hair/face mask, DIY manicure and pedicure, and then rounded off with a (small) glass of rose and a chick flick It's pure heaven, but I dont really get much chance to do that these days.

Maybe something like that might be nice? Just to take some time to make yourself feel good, and its not expensive either x

Last edited by UglyDuckling88; 03-20-2011 at 05:49 PM.
UglyDuckling88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I feel like a million dollars after my spin class!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 216/187/140

Height: 5ft 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckling88 View Post
I'm exactly the same! I cant leave the house unless I've done my makeup and my hair's done properly, its the one thing that makes me feel good. And in a weird way I think if the top bit of me looks ok people wont notice the rest lol
x
uglyduckling ; I am exactly the same. I get up so early to give myself a couple of hours to get ready for work. People think that I am just someone who likes to look perfect but little do they know that without all the make-up and the long shiny hair I would never leave my house. I have a real problem with looking at myself in the mirror and would never subject anyone else to having to look at me "au naturel ". I think that my weight has given me a total complex about the way I look, and despite reassurances from friends and family, I find it very difficult to see anything attractive about myself and try to hide behind long hair and lots of make-up.
Marie ; I find products from Lush make me feel relaxed and pampered. A lovely bath with a bath bomb and glass of wine followed by a nail painting session always lifts my spirits
tamara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #7  

2 hours to get ready is about the same for me i get up at 5am just so i can spend time on my make up, I like the results though
I havent seen a Lush shop for years I used to love their bath bombs, i will have to look up where to find one.
I paint my nails every night i know its a little over the top but i love the glossy look you 1st get and with my kind of work by the end of the day they look dull and normally chipped.
Thanks for all the suggestions ladies xx
Old 03-22-2011, 02:23 AM   #8  
Bea

Go to a department store that sells top notch make up products -> you know the ones uhrm 'Army & Navy' etc etc, where you walk in and a barrage of perfume scents waft up your nostrils.

WELLLLL go to the make up counters and ask them about wanting to try certain products but not knowing how to apply them properley, you will probaby get a free make over out of it with top notch products, it hasn't failed yet haha (I do this about once every month, so the workers don't get too suspicious) and it feels lovely having your make up all profesionally done (for free may I add). Just buy a cheap eyeliner from the make up counters if you feel a bit cheeky ;]

Good luck

Last edited by Bea; 03-22-2011 at 02:31 AM.
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

I always feel good when I've done my hair and make-up, and got nice new underwear on. Even if I'm just going to asda in my jeans, I always feel good with my hair and make-up done and nice new underwear on
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #10  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

I think these all sound like really great ideas. After all, we can't wait until we are Goal to look good. Carpe diem and that nail color.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/205/150

Height: 5'4

I wear nice underwear and/or I go work out. Seriously there's nothing like wearing sexy underwear to make you feel better.
fantasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #12  

I always feel good when I have a soapy bubble bath with bath bombs in, candles and an oil burner with a lovely aroma burning around my bath, then on to doing my hair and make up and put a dash of sweet smelling perfume on, that always does the job

Last edited by HoneyWobBear; 03-22-2011 at 04:13 PM.
HoneyWobBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

I like to wear make up to make myself feel good, but I draw the line at getting up at 5am I just couldn't do that although in my twenties and thirties I used to spend a lot longer getting ready than I do now. Marie don't let me hear you speaking about botox at your age you bold girl. No one needs it in their twenties or thirties make the most of your lovely young plumpy skin.

I just had lash extensions though for my trip to Ireland I am so pleased with them, they look so natural I didn't go for the big full on Jordanesque look.
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #14  
One calorie at a time

S/C/G: 155/149/135

Height: 5'4"

My favorite reward is new perfume! I always feel like it's a splurge since I do already have a few bottles, so it's not something I neeeed but something I want
Missjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

i hardly ever wear make up only if i go out to a special place like for a meal or a concert or something. why dont you have a spa day or something xxx

Last edited by ems81wales; 03-23-2011 at 07:06 PM.
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote