Old 03-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Sz 16-18/Sz 12 (tight)/Sz 8-10

Unhappy 4th Day of trying to restart IP and can't seem to make it all day

I was on IP last year from March to August and lost 60+ lbs. I have gained about 20 back from just going back to my old habits. I have tried since Wednesday to get back on track and by 3pm I don't feel like sticking to the program. I have done ok today but it is only 6pm and I have already eaten dinner. The thought of only having another drink and veggies for the rest of the day is making me crazy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Last edited by Kreading; 03-19-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Kreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default I can totally sympathize!!!

I can relate as I have been a yo yo dieter for many years. When I go through stress I lose but eventually gain it back and am upset. Don't fall victim like me. Tell yourself you can do it! It's just one day at a time! Go do something you like to do to keep yourself busy. I was just thinking earlier my jello is not enough until dinner so I made myself a cup of coffee and used the RTD vanilla in there with a little Splenda and now I'm satisfied. We need support, each other and the board! Send an email to a friend you haven't talked to in a while or just get out and go for a walk. Hope that helps. Believe me, I may be in your shoes very soon! One day at a time! And yes, you can do it! Yes, yes yes!!!
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
I can relate as I have been a yo yo dieter for many years. When I go through stress I lose but eventually gain it back and am upset. Don't fall victim like me. Tell yourself you can do it! It's just one day at a time! Go do something you like to do to keep yourself busy. I was just thinking earlier my jello is not enough until dinner so I made myself a cup of coffee and used the RTD vanilla in there with a little Splenda and now I'm satisfied. We need support, each other and the board! Send an email to a friend you haven't talked to in a while or just get out and go for a walk. Hope that helps. Believe me, I may be in your shoes very soon! One day at a time! And yes, you can do it! Yes, yes yes!!!
Thanks for responding! I just had an ice coffee and I think that will help. I have started spring cleaning and that kept me busy for most of the day. I was fine until about 4pm when I was going nuts. I am going to stick it out today and hope that I get in the IP Groove soon. I love that feeling!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreading View Post
Thanks for responding! I just had an ice coffee and I think that will help. I have started spring cleaning and that kept me busy for most of the day. I was fine until about 4pm when I was going nuts. I am going to stick it out today and hope that I get in the IP Groove soon. I love that feeling!
You are most welcome! Another thing that helps me too is that if I do feel the need to cheat, I have an extra packet of something on hand and can just fall victim to IP instead of losing all the hard work I've already put in. I was on four packets a day, plus since I'm borderline Diabetic they put me on the alternative plan, but at first it was hard. I usually just do 2 of the 3 on the alternative plan because I don't want to slow down my progress too much. I also bought some crystal light and if I make it through another 5 days or so I'll use that as a treat. Also, as a treat, after my first 4 days, I went and got some
Starbucks coffee. It was a very nice treat!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #5  

Gettingitoff - We must be on the same wave length - I just had an additional packet. I too am supposed to be on the alternative plan (I have PCOS) but instead of adding something from each group daily I have an additional restricted food and some extra milk in my coffee. Doing this I lost weight steadily.
I have keto sticks and I moved from negative to a trace ketones in my urine...YAY!

Thank you for getting me through this evening...I now feel like I can do this. I need to look at the big picture but look at it one day at a time.

I carry weight really strangely which is why I list my pants size and not my weight. Most people at my current weight (and height) would be in a 16/18 and I am in a tight 12.

Again...Thank you for your support!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #6  

Default You Are So Welcome!!!

Quote:
Gettingitoff - We must be on the same wave length - I just had an additional packet. I too am supposed to be on the alternative plan (I have PCOS) but instead of adding something from each group daily I have an additional restricted food and some extra milk in my coffee. Doing this I lost weight steadily.
I have keto sticks and I moved from negative to a trace ketones in my urine...YAY!

Thank you for getting me through this evening...I now feel like I can do this. I need to look at the big picture but look at it one day at a time.

I carry weight really strangely which is why I list my pants size and not my weight. Most people at my current weight (and height) would be in a 16/18 and I am in a tight 12.

Again...Thank you for your support!
You are so more than welcome! It's tough. I was really craving something just a little while ago and told myself no no no! I had wanted to go to church tonight but am going in the morning and that was probably not the best decision since now I'm thinking about food! LOL! I'm a size 12-14 right now but really need to lose to go back to a 6-8. What is really hard is before I had so much more energy. I miss those days! There are so many reasons to not quit and go back yet the emotional crap just gets in the way. yes, one day at a time. If I think I'll be eating this way for 2-3 more months I'll drive myself crazy! LOL! You take care my friend and hang in there! You can do this, remember, you did it before! You already did the hard part!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #7  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

What about starting in phase 2? It will put you in to ketosis and the difference between phase 1 and 2 (nutrition wise) is so minimal. I understand...I lost my 66 pounds between September 13th and January 20th (or right around then) and now I have been all over the map....I stick to the diet a few days and then have a cheat day. I still want to lose 15 pounds so I am trying to suck it up. Today is 7 perfect days in a row so hopefully I can start losing again. Good luck to you.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #8  

darbs7 - I think that is a GREAT idea if I can't stick to this. Congrats on day 7, I am really looking forward to say that this time next week A cheat with protein would be the best choice if I am going to eat something extra. I also know that some people have success having extra shake packets, which will (and was today) my first line of defense. I only want to lose 19 lbs so I can fit back into my cute fall/spring clothes!

Good luck and thanks for the support!
Old 03-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

My coach told me that for the first two weeks, it is important that I am not hungry. She says that if I am hungry, I can eat hard boiled eggs (whites only) or cooked ham slices. I can also have extra celery and veggies during this time. However, during the 2nd week, I have to reduce the extras to eliminate them by week 3.

Some of the other threads on this board have members suggesting starting with one extra IP pack per day but I haven't done this (yet).

I am not losing as quicky as some others on the board but I am losing and now that I got past the first three days of detox h***, I've been doing okay. I've also had one dill pickle per day in addition to the other veggies (I will have to count them into veggie servings as I go along).

I think the suggestion above of starting at phase II makes sense for someone who has already done this.

Good luck to you! You can do this!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-19-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #10  

Thanks SusieB! My coach is really nice but by the book. I like that your coach told you to adjust yourself to this program over the 1st two weeks. I use (and did last time) half sour pickles - they are less than one carb. I count them into my veggie count.

These boards are SO helpful and supportive I read the weekly chats during the first weight loss and it made me feel less alone in this journey!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 193/165/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Thanks SusieB! My coach is really nice but by the book. I like that your coach told you to adjust yourself to this program over the 1st two weeks. I use (and did last time) half sour pickles - they are less than one carb. I count them into my veggie count.

These boards are SO helpful and supportive I read the weekly chats during the first weight loss and it made me feel less alone in this journey!
Hi, I agree about the boards and weekly chats. This is my second week here and I can tell you that the first 3 days would not have been so successful had i not had these posts to read and the opportunity to ask questions which everyone is so kind to answer. Love it!!
calival is offline   Reply With Quote