Exercise! - Running with big boobs and a wobbly belly :-S

MusicalJess
03-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi,

I'm quite new to this site.

I have been using my wii, and walking a little, alongside my diet, in order to help me lose weight. But I'm so conscious of how much boobs jiggle when I attempt to do any running/jumping that I daren't go to a gym or go for a run because its so embarassing and hurts so much.

What other exercise can I do to get my flab under control before I attempt to start running/going to the gym?

mydearthing
03-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Invest in a decent sports bra!

Then why not try combining weight training (where I can't imagine there should be much jiggling at all), with a form of cardio other than running- maybe swimming or walking/hiking. Have you tried using a crosstrainer as opposed to a treadmill or jogging outside?

Ursula745
03-19-2011, 04:34 PM
I wear compression shorts under my workout pants as my undies. They hold everything in and if I wear the longer ones, I don't have to worry about wedgies, either. I also wear a good compression bra. I'm heavier than you, 38D, 5'1". my stuff jiggles everywhere. I like what I wear so I can do the things I love. Settling on an exercise won't make you want to do it. I advocate for buying the right gear to support you in what you want to do.

MusicalJess
03-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks for your replies. I think I'll try swimming and weights.

Eliana
03-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Swimming and weights is an excellent choice! ;) Walking is also. You can make it your goal to run comfortably eventually. Maybe try to run a set amount, like half a mile, every month or so to see how close you are to being able to do it, if it's something you want to pursue. Just remember that the best conditioning for running is to actually run. Time and weight loss isn't going to make a you a runner without actually doing it. BUT, swimming and weights will get you on the right track and will help you lose the pounds.

chickadee32
03-20-2011, 04:15 AM
If you do decide to try any running at some point, I've found that wearing a sports bra over a regular supportive bra really helps me with the breast jiggle. My breasts don't feel like they move at all when I do my (limited) jogging, and there's definitely no pain.

Lauren201
03-20-2011, 04:38 AM
If you do decide to try any running at some point, I've found that wearing a sports bra over a regular supportive bra really helps me with the breast jiggle. My breasts don't feel like they move at all when I do my (limited) jogging, and there's definitely no pain.

This is EXACTLY what I do! I was just going to suggest that. LOL

MusicalJess
03-20-2011, 05:19 AM
That is such a good idea. Finding that a sports bra is just not enough support! Thankyou all

Jonesie
03-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Yeah I wear my regular bra with a super supportive sports bra when I work out. Also, theres just going to be some jiggle for me. When I do jumping jacks I hear a clap. Haha. It wont last forever!

indiblue
03-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Or, two sports bras for extra support :) It really packs everything in!

Ursula745
03-20-2011, 10:52 AM
That is such a good idea. Finding that a sports bra is just not enough support! Thankyou all

Moving comfort makes a bra called the Maia. It's a two in one. Really helps hold the girls in place and comes in large sizes too.

stacygee
03-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Invest in an Enell bra. It changed my life and made me able to REALLY exercise.

Bac0s
03-20-2011, 11:03 AM
I wear two sports bras and it helps a.lot. The girls don't move.

stasiagurl91
03-20-2011, 12:23 PM
asports bras does wonders if you find a good fitting one. i have one old one that does no protection from my boobs bouncing up and down on the treadmill and one really good one. as far as the booty, i have to same problem but i just never care about it. maybe try some booty moves to tone the butt, or don't worry about it. shake that ***. more you shake it the more you'll lose it

MariaMaria
03-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Compression shorts for the belly (and booty).

Supportive sports bra(s) that FIT for the boobs. Depending on how you're built, this may mean sports bra(s) that are sold by bra size and not by S-M-L.

I'm around a 34F-32FF and I'm a runner. Bounceless running CAN be done.

MusicalJess
03-20-2011, 03:51 PM
I just tried the jogging game thing on my wii fit plus. You only have to jog on the spot round this little course. And can I say what an embarassment I am?

I had to hold my chest for the whole thing cos I think I would have knocked myself out with them if I hadn't. And I was really out of puff. Jogging is quite different to walking!!

This is definitely where I want to improve though. I wanna be able to chase my boyf's daughter around the park and play football and stuff with her when we go on holiday. I think I'm going to add this activity to my daily exercise until I can afford a good sports bra. Then I will start jogging properly.

tea2
03-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I second the Enell. They are not pretty, but they work! :D

MusicalJess
03-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Thankyou, I get my student loan in about 2 weeks so I'll have a look then. How much are they? Can I get hold of one in UK?

MusicalJess
03-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Jesus christ!! 44 for a sports bra! On a students budget???? Hmm...I think I'mjust going to try the idea of wearing 2 bras together!

MusicalJess
03-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Can I just say you are all GENIUS'S!!!!!!!!
I tried out the 2 bra idea. So works. First time in years I've been able to jump with the fear of giving myself a concussion. Thankyou thankyou thankyoooouuu!!

I'm loving this so much I think I'm going to buy myself a skipping rope for when the weather gets warm :)

indiblue
03-21-2011, 06:47 AM
Hehe glad the suggestion it worked. I'm not even that big (34C/32D) and I still prefer wearing 2 sports bras!

garnet8677
03-21-2011, 05:28 PM
I was actually really surprised at how well a Victoria's secret sports bra worked. It stopped jiggle and stopped moisture. I got a hot pink one with thick straps. Was sort of fun under the big t-shirt. They are a seasonal store so I'm not sure they would still be there but worth a look. I run, kick box, and do elliptical. For tummy, a pair of paints with a thick waist. There are yoga pants that I have seen with this. There are also great buys or great ideas on Athleta.com. Some things are ok priced others a little expensive. But great for ideas since they have so much info on product lines. Sometimes I will find pants on there I like and search elsewhere for a better price.

MusicalJess
03-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Oooo thanks for the heads up Garnet :) I get my student loan on 4th April, and have calculated that after paying off my laptop, other bills, etc...I will have enough left to treat myself to some new summer clothes and definitely a new sports bra (or two).

When I was thinking about dieting, exercise was the one of the things I've been worried about most of all..due to the boob issue. Thats why I'm sograteful forall this brilliant advice!

julesp313
03-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Not sure what size you wear, but I used to wear the Enell before I had my boobs adjusted down... :) I know it's a lot of money but it was truly worth it for me as I run and ride horses - both of which need adequate support. The Enell was the only one that worked at all, and I was a 38G (or DDDD if you use that sizing method). The other one that's good - also not cheap but actually a UK brand - is Shock Absorber. Again, not sure if that would work for you as I don't know your size but I really like their quality. The "run" bra is excellent for controlling the bounce. As for flabby belly wobble - let me know when you figure that out because I just shove mine into shorts and hope for the best!

garnet8677
03-21-2011, 07:26 PM
I also recommend Amazon. I buy almost everything on amazon. You can really get a good idea with the ppl reviews on quality. PPl will usually tell you what their problems are and if the item works for them. So you get an idea. I usually look at 4 star reviews since 5 stars could be fake or just too happy ppl, lol. I looked on it now and there are some nice sports bras that came up with decent prices. Free shipping if you spend over $25. I have done refunds through Amazon and they are very easy. You just print the return slip on your comp.

chickadee32
03-21-2011, 08:54 PM
So glad it worked for you!! I had the same reaction when I first realized I could keep everything in place w/ two bras - it felt like I'd been liberated! I still hope to buy a higher quality sports bra sometime soon, but it's nice to have a workable solution to the discomfort and jiggle.

kells629
06-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Under Armor sports bras are the BEST! I had the same problem bought one of their bras and i was able to run without getting the feeling that i was going to give myself a black eye.:D

my2cats
06-30-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm just glad I learned on this thread I'm not the only one who has to hold their chest when they play Kinect or Wii. :D

mhill0823
07-01-2011, 12:20 AM
This is EXACTLY what I do! I was just going to suggest that. LOL

Ditto!!! I hate when my boobs go crazy so I wear a regular bra, sports bra, then tank!