South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 05:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Weekend Chat 3/19-3/20

It's Saturday! So, why am I up so early? I had a miserable night's sleep and when I was just about to finally give up trying to sleep, Jake got up at the same time. Seems we both had trouble sleeping.
I'm not sure what the day holds for me. I'm waiting to hear from my DD, and we may go shopping in the city. But if not, I'll be content to spend a quiet day at home, since Jake will be gone all day.
Yesterday was just gorgeous, and milked every minute out of it. I filled several pots with colorful pansies for my front steps and tidied up the flower beds. I had all the windows in the house open until almost 9 last night. Today's going to be a different story, though, as we're back to the cold, windy and cloudy days.

So how's your Saturday shaping up?
Old 03-19-2011, 05:56 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early birds I've got a full pot of coffee, bet you'd like another cup. I'm off to a full day training I'm coordinating so no play for me today. I did knock off early yesterday and ran some errands and relaxed a little.

Not much news around here, it's all work, work, work I'm going to load the crockpot before I go so I have yummy dinner to look forward to. Have a lovely Saturday friends!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:59 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I wish you and Jake had been more quiet, Linda! I was up early too and have been goofing off ever since, grumbling to myself about all I have to do today. I am so envious of your pansy planters! It'll be another month at least around here.

Yesterday was a wash. Any day that starts with dog barf, an oven element blowing and a tax refund shrinking is not going to be good. A little retail therapy helped. I now have a new stove, new fridge and new TV coming next week! That'll show them. I'm spending my children's inheritance!

The Hyper Pypers are coming up this afternoon with their two dogs. That should be interesting as the dog yard is 3/4 underwater. Disney avoids it but wee Jazz goes right in. Baily Pyper is a Portuguese Water Dog and will join him but Casey Pyper, a hound, will keep Disney company. I'm hoping a lot of it drained away overnight. Since I have now oven, I'm using it as an excuse and will serve them all pizza, Caesar salad and a fruit salad.

The other usual stuff will fill up my day but tomorrow, aside from Church, is all mine! I hope your Saturday is fun and also relaxing.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the coffee, Cyndi. I was just about to get up to refill my mug. Sorry you have to work today, but I hope you get to make up for it one day soon.

Sorry we were too loud, Ruth. But at least you have a head start on your day! Would you like me to send some pool toys up for the dog pond?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-19-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:01 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cyndi, you snuck in on me! Too bad you have to work today but I'm glad you got a break yesterday. Hmmm - crockpot. I could feed the Pypers chili instead of pizza. Thanks for the idea.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Linda. I'm sure sorry you slept so poorly. I'm tickled that you've gotten to put some pansies in. I think it's a wee bit early for that here, but it's coming soon! Have fun, whatever you do today.

Cyndi, sorry you have to work...drats! Is this scene supposed to get better?

Ruth, it must be Spring if the hyper Pipers are coming! Glad you've got working appliances again.

Me, had a dream that the company showed up two days early...I think it means I'd better get going. I'll probably go to the club and ride the exercise bike...unless I get to the pool early it will be filled with kids on spring break.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-19-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:05 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Ruth - chili is basically what we are having I know you will be ready to sit back and relax when I get home. Too bad it's not warm enough for wine on the porch.

Cottage - I'm off to my parents for a 4 day weekend the week after next. I'm thinking about taking an extra day to relax
Old 03-19-2011, 06:13 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning!

I'm sorry to read about all the interrupted sleep.

Well, we had wonderful springlike weather yesterday but it's snowing again this morning. I guess I can't complain though, it is only March.

I've got to be out of here by 6:30, I'm taking some teens to a conference today. I'll check in this afternoon with personals and to see who else pops in after I leave. (Linda, I'm going to pick up coconut and dark chocolate while I'm out so that I can make your cookies this evening if I'm not too wiped out.)

Enjoy your Saturday friends!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning, ladies! I feel so good! For the first time in ...EVER I am not worried about the scale! I'm not letting it dictate to me how to feel. I am measuring my days on plan and ability to stay on track or get back on track after a planned cheat meal. It feels good! And I know that the more days that I have under my belt , the smaller my belt will become ! My husband and I are taking our son (14) to his first concert tonight and staying at a hotel after. I'm a bit concerned with the food availability for me! Lunch and dinner should be okay (I hope we can go somewhere with some stuff for me) but breakfast is deluxe continental on the drive home! I hope that means they'll have some protein??? I'll settle for hard boiled eggs!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! I slept in a little bit and look what happens...Saturdays are my most favorite day of the week. This morning I'm going out for a walk, doing a bit of shopping errands, and then spending some time preparing food for next week (and dying my hair).

This afternoon we are going to a place that was featured on "Man vs. Food" for lunch - Brennan and Carr, a roast beef place here in Brooklyn. The place is literally a shack plunked into the middle of a parking lot. In any case they supposedly have the "best roast beef in Brooklyn" so I'll have a sandwich minus the bread but can't promise I won't sample the cheese wiz and an onion ring or two to go along with it. Then we are going out to explore an area called Broad Channel, where the houses are literally on stilts. You would never believe you were in Brooklyn/Queens. A quiet evening at home though, I think.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

My teen got his accepted to one of his top pick colleges yesterday! And a merit scholarship. Woo hoo! Couldn't resist sharing one of his senior pics.

I'm getting a cold. First one in ages. Downing zinc and Airborne but think I will be grumpy today. Hope I am not too demotivated to exercise. Especially since my eating was horrible the past two days. Horrible.

My oldest flies back to campus today. Teen has two indoor soccer games this weekend. Busy!

Linda - Me too. Couldn't wait for it to be reasonable hour to get out of bed.

Cyndi - Crockpots are such a great invention.

Ruth - LOL. When my appliances start dying it will be very expensive because I want stainless steel!

Debbie - I love seeing your face. I'm sick of my own though so need to find a fun avatar.

Heidi - I like my teens in small numbers and doses!

Kristen - Woo hoo! What concert?

Matilda - So brave to dye your own hair. I tried once and couldn't get the back! Enjoy your day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg small Copy of 34.jpg (22.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #12  

Karen, we're going to the Dropkick Murphy's in Boston!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1196 View Post
Karen, we're going to the Dropkick Murphy's in Boston!!!
Never heard of them but I grew up outside Boston!
Old 03-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Yea for Saturday!!

Found out last night that my son is going to be in two more plays. He is going to be the littlest kid in Cheaper by the Dozen and one of the Snow children in Carousel. This means he has tone of rehearsals. Today he has Cheaper by the Dozen rehearsal from 9:45-12:00 and Alice in Wonderland from 12:00-2:30. Lots of time spent at the theater for us. Its a good thing I can bring my laptop and Nook. It is supposed to be beautiful weather so I might sneak out during Alice practice and go for a walk.

That will obviously suck up my day, so not much else planned.

Have a great day!!!

Jasmine
Old 03-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #15  

Karen they are an Irish punk/rock band! I live outside of Boston, too!!!! I'm sure you have heard of them. They're songs are played at Redsox games and Bruins games (Tessie and Shipping out to Boston)!
Closed Thread