Chicks up for a Challenge - Sarge's No Excuses/boot Camp To Beach Thread #2

Pages : [1] 2 3

JayTee
03-18-2011, 06:31 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/8611211/2/istockphoto_8611211-drill-sergeant.jpg

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have already lost 40 lbs./17%, and have assembled a platoon, a group who are all out willing and determined to give 110% each and every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition!"

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds that week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

:drill:
Sarge is Back!

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.

JayTee
03-18-2011, 06:43 PM
OK, phew! Sarge is a bit of a techno-illiterate so shutting down a thread and starting a new one takes all his brain power.

But what better time to re-post the pledges for the week. Like Resolute said, there are commitments to keep and LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS TO GET IN BEFORE SUNDAY!!!

Let's review those pledges for this week ending 3/20, shall we:

MaryWin = 3
KatyTrail = 2
MichelleD = 3
Lucy = 1
Tubbak = 2
Newbie Pokey = 1
Sindaena = 1.5
Resolute = 4.1
Sarge = 1
RainMILES = 1.2
MadameB = 2.2
Anni3D = 1
Peanutt = 1.5
Cheshire = 1.5
Fish = 3
Dreamer = 2
DCap = 2
Courtney = 5
VickieL = 3
CocoLoco = 2

Newbie Prvt. Jellybean =
Newbie Prvt ASF =
Newbie Prvt. CandyCoat=

I know it's been kind of a tough week for a few members of the platoon but don't make Sarge feel like the following...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhT2SnVdYZE&feature=related

Happy Friday night all!

peanutt
03-18-2011, 07:42 PM
:rofl: Well, Sarge it could be worse....you could be herding cats here!

I'm off to the gym as soon as DH gets home. I burned 200 calories on my lunch time walk and I've got another 400 planned for the gym. I'm really looking forward to my post-gym smoothie already! It's been sunny and warm (+8C!!!) and it's feeling like smoothie weather.

JayTee
03-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Ahhhhhh! Smoothie weather! We've been blessed by 50 & 60 degree days here so SPRING IS ON THE WAY!!! WOOT! WOOT!
P.S. Herding cats, infinitely more difficult!

LET'S GO PLATOON! GET OVER YOUR ST. PATRICK DAY HANGOVERS AND GET IT DONE!

MadamButterfly
03-18-2011, 08:23 PM
SARGE, OH MY GOODNESS !!!!
:rofl:
TOOOOO FUNNY AND SOOO CUTE . . . ALL THOSE LITTLE DUCKIES

This private reporting to Thread #2 . . . I can't believe we've already posted 500 times . . . chatty eh????

Off to make a bit of supper . . . then a good night sleep because me thinks the SARGE is gonna blow that horn VERY, VERY EARLY . . . LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS TOMORROW . . . WOO HOO!!!!

Resolute
03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
rainbowsmiles : resolute...are you a writer?? you have such a skill at wording your posts
i love reading them!

Wow, i do admire those who can elucidate and convey emotion well with words but no, sadly i am just a big dummy. :hug:

MadamButterfly : Resolute; love the poster!!!! It says sooooooooooooo much

I just happened to stumble on it and it struck a chord in me. :) Its true, once you set your mind to something there is no longer any agonizing, only purpose.

Well here we are one day left and i am left for wanting, tonights weigh in has come up short, i truly drove hard all day but sadly the scale sits firm at 240, i haven't thrown in the towel quite yet however, where there is a will there is a way and i intend to go down swinging.

Judging by my physical and emotional state at this time i will need to eat moderately or risk bringing on some catastrophic circumstance like a wave of depression, that is the last thing i need, so once again it will be a clean minimal evening, hopefully if i fill tomorrow with activity at the very least even if i fail to see my 4 pound drop i will be fulfilled, thats the plan anyways.

I feel gutted but if i don't make it i will redouble my efforts next week. there is just no way i'm not going to be in onederland come June. http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6874/bleh2c.gif

I'm off to the gym as soon as DH gets home. I burned 200 calories on my lunch time walk and I've got another 400 planned for the gym. I'm really looking forward to my post-gym smoothie already! It's been sunny and warm (+8C!!!) and it's feeling like smoothie weather.

You go girl, every bit counts and adds up.

rainbowsmiles
03-18-2011, 09:06 PM
QUACK QUACK ....RESPECTFULLY... SiR! :D

ok....so all week i've been a bad duck...lazy...even at the gym...i was lazy...weight up and down all week!! ugggg....finally down 1.1!! so i will claim it now....before it gets worse...umm....corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots:carrot:, guiness:p, m&m's:o, gelato:o, chips and dip:devil:

its all ncaa's fault!!:p not mine!! :o

and if it weren't for that stupid morehead game i'd have a perfect bracket!!:?:

so.....come monday its back to the grind for me!! i'll be like courtney was on TBL this week, ok so i didn't make my goal this week, i'll do it next!!

sarge...i'm pledging 1.5 for next week!! boooyah!!!

jennajellybean
03-18-2011, 09:12 PM
HAPPY FRIDAY PLATOON!!

So, stayed within my calorie range yesterday, miraculously. My brother and dad even went to my absolute FAVORITE fast food restaurant, I declined to go along and ate a Lean Cuisine with a salad. :) Fro yo for dessert! Very proud. Bonus? Wiggled my butt into new jeans a size smaller than I've been wearing!!!!! I think that's been needing to happen for while, but today was the last day I thought it would work, what with having been lazy on vacation and all. Either way, SO EXCITED!!!!

For today: Went to gramma's today for a bit, just got home. Going to take advantange of the gorgeous day and workout outside for a bit. Jog/walk a couple laps, then it'll be time to shower and get ready for dinner with the family.

I hope you all are having an amazing day!! Keep up the good work and you've got it!!

OH! and my goal for next week is 1.5 lbs. :) Starting Sunday, right?

Cheshirecat
03-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Ha, herding ducks. Awesome. I would like to see some cat herding! Oh that would go over well.

Anyhoo--I got herded on over.

7 mile run done! It was a good run, but an uncomfortable run! I got a blister on my big toe, my thighs chaffed and my around the waist water bottles were rubbing my back.

Blah!! This is fixable though. Blister--I can deal with those. I'm ditching the water bottles--will find a handheld one. As for the thighs, just more incentive to lose some butt-er so they don't rub as much....but in the mean time I will have to find some spandex shorts.

JayTee
03-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Cheshire--Vaseline dude! I don't even want to discuss the places it must be applied on Sarge's body! Herding cats?!?! Not happening!

Jenna--yup! got your pledge for next week. I'll add it to the post! WTG on taking a pass on the bad stuff and doing what's right for you! Smaller jeans size most excellent reward for you!

Rainbow---Are you gonna make it thru March Madness?!?!?! M&M's AND chips & dips?!?!?! One or two, ok...partying down with a gelato chaser?!? Bad, Rainbow, BAD!!!! On the other hand, down for the week. Good!

Resolute--Is ok....your dedication has been duly noted and Sarge appreciates privates who own their ups and downs instead of making excuses.

Some MIA's have me concerned...Courtney? Dreamer? Pokey? Hope all is well out there.

Ok Platoon, dig in tomorrow! It's been a rough week for many, but perhaps we'll have some over-achievers and we'll make our total platoon pledge!

tubbaki
03-18-2011, 10:42 PM
evening platoon!
it's almost time for weigh ins:eek:

so let's take the last TWO days to melt that BUTT-er to match last week's pledges!!
:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

rainbowsmiles
03-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Rainbow---Are you gonna make it thru March Madness?!?!?! M&M's AND chips & dips?!?!?! One or two, ok...partying down with a gelato chaser?!? Bad, Rainbow, BAD!!!! On the other hand, down for the week. Good!

yeah i know sarge!! m&m's are being traded for games won...and i have had 2 good days on my bracket!!! the gelato was planned. :D the chips and dip...well thats another story! haha

BUT....i did walk 1 mile today, did 20 mins on my exercise bike, AND did 12 jumping jacks...omg i dont think i have don't jumping jacks in 30 plus years...and that video just inspired me however, i suck at them...i'm so heavy...its quite comical...but i will be doing more!!

the ncaa has been a nice break from 24/7 cnn...however some amazing miracle stories have my spirits lifted :) miracles in the midst!!

i'm a news junkie!!

love the new thread!! so much encouragement and determination and down right ball busting fat BUTT-er burning MOJO here!! EVERYONE ON 3FC....should be here!! :D

have a great evening!! back to the ncaa!! and .....

rainbowsmiles
03-19-2011, 07:18 AM
yawn:::yawn:::: private rain :rain: up and at 'em and off to the gym!!! gotta make up for those m&ms!
SiR YES SiR!! ::::YAWN:::::dizzy:
oatmeal packed with nuts: check
water: check
bbl to report in SiR! :drill:

JayTee
03-19-2011, 08:11 AM
WAKE UP YOU LAZY PHAENICIA SERICATAS! IT'S TIME FOR LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVlk11aI3GU

Hup...Hup...Hup...

Congrats to Prvt. RainMiles for beating Sarge to the gym today!

Cheshirecat
03-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Reporting in!
Jeez, Sarge you are making me Google things early today.

Happy Weekend to all and to all a great workout!!

Resolute
03-19-2011, 09:43 AM
I am a little upset with myself, somehow i have let this defeatist attitude creep up on me.

Enough, today will be a double header to make up/punish myself for this transgression.

Two long and hard walks (18Km today), one right shortly and another this evening, in between i will clean the aquariums and my floors, two things i find tedious, thems the breaks.

Oh will also do a little grocery shopping and come up with a food plan for the coming week.

Payin anything to roll the dice just one more time, some will win some will lose some were born to sing the blues.

Don't stop believing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfUYuIVbFg0

Resolute
03-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Back in from leg one of my make or break day, actually a beautiful morning , walked a little extra even, strangely enough.

Time to prep for a few hours out and about then it's back home to clean with an extra extra long hard walk this evening.

I'll never let it be said i gave up this last chance without putting up a fight.

"I'm wrestled to the rages today" :mad:

MadamButterfly
03-19-2011, 01:09 PM
SARGE . . . HELP!!!!!!!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON, I TRIED TO EXERCISE, MY LEGS, ARMS AND WHOLE BODY FEEL LIKE A TON OF BRICKS, MY WEIGHT HAS BEEN UP 1 POUND FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS . . . I NEED A MAJOR KICK IN BUTT-ER . . . FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA CRY . . . IS IT PSYCHOLOGICAL, PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL, MENTAL . . . I DON'T KNOW BUT I NEED TO GET BACK TO PUSHIN' THAT TRAIN . . . HELP!!!!!

JayTee
03-19-2011, 01:15 PM
LISTEN UP GOOMASTER!!!! GET YOUR SORRY, SAGGIN' BUTT-ER OUT THAT DOOR NOW!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME?!?! NOW!

Resolute--You can do it!!!! You have amazing dedication to push yourself out the door twice today. Good luck on round 2...we'll be waiting here when you get back!

MadamButterfly
03-19-2011, 01:39 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

SIR, YES SIR SARGE . . .

THANKS

rainbowsmiles
03-19-2011, 02:26 PM
somehow i have let this defeatist attitude creep up on me.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5096/5540617428_d0a83f1fb9.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5540617428/)

:boxing: RESOLUTE....GET TOUGH!!! :boxing:

i will clean...my floors!

DON'T MAKE US HAVE TO COME GET YOU AND MAKE YOU
CLEAN THE ENTIRE PLATOONS FLOORS ON YOUR HANDS
AND KNEES!!!

MOVE iT MOVE iT MOVE iT!!!

JayTee
03-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Ok troops, listen up! Sarge has been called away on a super secret mission until next Friday, but our motivational superstar cheerleader Prvt. RainMILES has agreed to take command in Sarge's absence. I'm leaving RainMiles with the following list of pledges, and am proud to report an extra little loss to make up for some of those St. Pat's day & NCAA March Madness "indiscretions" I've been reading about...

PLEDGES //// vs. ACTUAL LOSS

MaryWin = 3
KatyTrail = 2
MichelleD = 3
Lucy = 1
Tubbak = 2
Newbie Pokey = 1
Sindaena = 1.5
Resolute = 4.1
Sarge = 1 /// (-2.5)
RainMILES = 1.2
MadameB = 2.2
Anni3D = 1
Peanutt = 1.5
Cheshire = 1.5
Fish = 3
Dreamer = 2
DCap = 2
Courtney = 5
VickieL = 3
CocoLoco = 2

Newbie Prvt. Jellybean = 1.5
Newbie Prvt ASF =
Newbie Prvt. CandyCoat=
Sarge = .5 (fingers crossed!)
RainMILES = 1.5

Ok, come on troops, SPRING IS HERE!!!! I know it's a pain in the @#!! to exercise and eat right 95% of the time, but that's what it takes and deep down inside each and every one of us knows that. Make it a habit...it DOES get easier!

Sarge---out!

Sarge will have occasional internet access, so don't think everyone gets a free pass this week!

tubbaki
03-19-2011, 02:49 PM
afternoon platoon!
last day to melt that BUTT-er!!
give it ALL you've got!! :carrot:

off to the gym!

rainbowsmiles
03-19-2011, 03:22 PM
afternoon platoon!
last day to melt that BUTT-er!!
give it ALL you've got!! :carrot:

off to the gym!

NOW THATS THE RIGHT ATTITUDE PRIVATE TUBB!!!:D
NOW GET TO THAT GYM AND DON'T FORGET YOUR HIGH 5'S
AND DON'T FORGET TO REPORT BACK IN!!!;)

:carrot:WORK IT BABY...WORK IT!! :carrot:
OWN iT!!

MELT THAT BUTT-ER PRIVATE!!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-19-2011, 03:43 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5058/5456364170_d7538d1d9c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5456364170/)

rainbowsmiles
03-19-2011, 04:28 PM
ahem....MADAM BUTT-ER-FLY....DiD YOU GET YOUR WORKOUT DONE????
SARGE IS WATCHING YOU!:D

dcapulet
03-19-2011, 05:27 PM
i see we have moved...

40 min weight training in today... aerobics to follow - weigh in tomorrow!

rainbowsmiles
03-19-2011, 05:37 PM
i see we have moved...

40 min weight training in today... aerobics to follow - weigh in tomorrow!

we sure did pvt dcap...threads close after 500 posts...so we had to start a new one!! woohooo!! this is ONE HOT THREAD!!!:flame:

WAY TO GET THAT WEIGHT TRAINING DONE TODAY!!! :strong:
LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR PLEDGES LOST TOMORROW!!

:coach:CARRY ON PRIVATE...YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB!!

rainbowsmiles
03-19-2011, 08:56 PM
gosh....don't forget to check out the moon tonight!!! HEAVENLY!!!

Resolute
03-19-2011, 09:43 PM
I absolutely brutalized myself today, i am truly wiped right now, walked around 20 KM hard all together, cleaned the house top to bottom, scrubbed the floors, cleaned the aquariums, went grocery shopping, did some laundry, cleaned my bedding, made a nice meal then got on the scale after my walk and i was exactly 239, i made my 4 pounds but it was a gruelling feat this week.

I am going to have a hot bath and lie on the couch and rest.

Take care everyone.

rainbowsmiles
03-19-2011, 10:07 PM
I absolutely brutalized myself today, i am truly wiped right now, walked around 20 KM hard all together, cleaned the house top to bottom, scrubbed the floors, cleaned the aquariums, went grocery shopping, did some laundry, cleaned my bedding, made a nice meal then got on the scale after my walk and i was exactly 239, i made my 4 pounds but it was a gruelling feat this week.

I am going to have a hot bath and lie on the couch and rest.

Take care everyone.

:coach: WOW!!! WELL DONE PRiVATE RESOLUTE!!:strong:

i think your rest day is sunday??? ENJOY YOUR WELL DESERVED REST!!!!

its a real pleasure to have such determined privates....in this thread...and resolute you are leading the way with so many including sarge!! if ANYONE on
3fc needs to uplifted, inspired, encouraged, need some hands on JUST DO IT MOJO....then certainly all they need to do is come here and see just how awesome and DETERMINED this squad is!!!!

WAY TO GO RESOLUTE!!! updating board now!!
woohooooooooooooo!!!!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-19-2011, 10:16 PM
:drill: SQUAD DISMISSED!!!!

GET YOUR REST....AND DON'T FORGET TO POST YOUR WEIGHT LOSS
TOMORROW!!! AND MAKE YOUR NEW PLEDGE!!

:nono:SARGE WANTS PLEDGES!!!!

LETS ALL MAKE SARGE PROUD!!!! :drill:

have a great evening everyone....i can't wait to see how well everyone does tomorrow!!!! thanks to everyone already reporting in!!:D

COURTNEY....POKEY....WHERE ARE YOU 2????:?:

OVER AND OUT...from the shiny moon east coast!!

see ya in the mornin'!!!

DRINK YOUR WATER PEOPLE!!!!

MyBodyisMyTemple
03-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Honey Bee reporting for duty Sir!

Count me in.

I'm calling 2 lbs. Will be a great feat as I've been battling a few things lately.

Resolute
03-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Cher has brought a tear to my eye as i relate to her words. :D

Always loved this song. This is me singing to that pound i kicked to the curb. :dizzy:

"If you can give it, i can take it, cause if this heart is gonna break its gonna take a lot to break it, i know tonight somebodies gonna win the fight, so if you're so tough... come on and prove it... your heart is down for the count and you know your gonna lose it, tonight you're gonna go down in flames just like jessie james."

http://vodpod.com/watch/307220-cher-just-like-jesse-james

lucyford
03-20-2011, 12:53 AM
...hey guys...
i know this is the no excuses board but i got hit by the FLU/cold truck. too sick to move today, couldn't even walk the dog. i'll post weight in the a.m. bummed i lost two exercise days but i have got to rest. hoping i'm better tomorrow...

MurpleHaze
03-20-2011, 01:25 AM
I'm a 25 year old ICU nurse in need of some tough love. I'm down 9 lbs in 3 weeks (give or take some days) and needing the support to keep up the good work. I'm doing workouts when I can (I work midnights so some days I do a few workouts and others I do none), and counting calories daily. This thread seems very supportive and tons of fun! Love the senses of humor that come with the love. Well my goal for this week if I'm in is 2 lbs. Plan on hitting some workout videos (I do TurboJam currently) when I wake up earlier than usual (2:00pm) and if I feel up to it hitting the gym on my way into work. Eating wise I log online, from my phone so i always have it. I'm getting married next April, so I'd like to be near goal to fit into a smaller dress! I'll be checking back periodically!

marywinchester
03-20-2011, 04:48 AM
I am so sorry, Don't have any excuses really.. I only lost 1 pound of 3... I did exercise a lot, more than usually.. It must be my foodintake that went wrong.. So this week I'll count calories.. Going for 3 next week to,, I'm feeling much better, no sickness like the past week, so I know it will go better this time..

JayTee
03-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Murple & MyBody---Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. I hope to Rainbow kicks you in the @#! in my absence this week!

RESOLUTE -- You are one determined son-of-a-*itch! I salute your walk until you drop attitude. Doing it Rocky Balboa style!

Rainbow--You are doing an awesome job manning the boards! I'be been given 2 minute computer access a day so thanks a million for keeping the platoon spirits up.

MaryWin & Lucy--Keep it going! I'm guessing the flu is gonna knock at least a pound off!

Hope the other privates currently MIA find their way to the new thread!

Over and out...

Sarge

CourtneyDaisey
03-20-2011, 08:54 AM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!

Sorry I've been MIA. Things have been REALLY busy at work and while at home I've been working my butt-er off! As a result, I lost 2 pounds this week. I apologize that it wasn't the 5 pounds loss I wanted to pull, but 2 is still fairly good. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/christianlady1978/wi03202011.jpg

Yay for a loss!

MadamButterfly
03-20-2011, 09:24 AM
RAINMILES; SARGE IS GONNA KICK MY BUTT-ER WHEN HE GETS BACK . . . POSTING A +1, :yikes:

I've been thinking about this all night and this AM . . . I started this journed 10-11-11 and at the beginning of Dec I stayed the same/gained a pound and "felt" stuck for a couple of weeks . . . maybe my body was adjusting, (that was about 2 1/2 months after I started) and that is when I joined 3FC and things started moving again, whether it was just a couple week "body adjustment" or joining 3FC to get things moving again, I'm just not sure BUT it's now been another 2 1/2 - 3 months so I am hoping same scenario either way SARGE is GONNA KICK MY *&((&* to the curb upon return . . . or else he's gonna come after me with that helicopter . . . you know the one RAINSMILES . . . OK, these are definitely not excuses, just trying to figure this whole thing out in my head as I've never had to"lose weight" before . . .

SO here is my new check-off sheet for each day . . .

Vitamins: check
Exercise:
Food:
Water:
Check-in:

OK, may need to modify later but that's it for now . . . Now I have a date with JM . . . new video . . . WOOHOO

RAINMILES . . . Yup, I mean Ma'am, yes Ma'am I did get my BUTT-ER in gear yesterday . . . walked (fast) for about an hour and did 1/2 hour on the bike, but only 200 cruches . . . OK TIME TO GET MY "FAT SAGGING BUTT-ER MOVING" AS SARGE SAID . . . OH, and GONNA PROMISE 2.2 AGAIN . . . <sigh> I WILL DO THIS!!!

kris2008
03-20-2011, 09:30 AM
I didn't know you guys were over here! Just what I needed! I am in!

I've gotten off track and gained a pound or so lately. We all know those just gained pounds seem to come off quickly when we totally get on track so my goal this week is 3 pounds.

Activity today: Painting bathroom, taking down wallpaper elsewhere, and in between cleaning and laundry. Do not plan to sit down today until this evening! (Well after this short computer break)

Resolute
03-20-2011, 10:03 AM
RESOLUTE -- You are one determined son-of-a-*itch! I salute your walk until you drop attitude. Doing it Rocky Balboa style!

Sarge

I can't possibly express just what this means to me, truly i hated/loathed myself the way i was, so much so that i gave myself just 2 choices, either find it in me to make my way out of that **** or put an end to my suffering, in all seriousness there is only one path i could take and that was to fight this with everything i could find in me.

I used to picture my soul withered and dying, a tiny spark of hope all that remained, i simply had to find some way to bring the fire back i imagined myself desperately holding onto what little i had left, there was no way anyone was taking this from me no matter the cost, today when i walk i picture my soul as a blinding light powering me ever forward.

LOL, just yesterday while walking hard i pictured my self as Neo from the matrix, at the end of the 1st movie when he expulses agent smith ( Smith representing my previous self ) from his being and stands there pulsing and glowing with strength. Sure as **** beats how i used to feel. http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/715/heartwml.gif

Yeah i know i'm a wack job, probably TMI but it's the truth. Strangely one thing i have taken to is expressing myself more and offering up the honest truth vs trying to come up with politically correct answers, it's certainly surprised more than one or two people when they ask a question of me and get the most candid and honest answer rather than some contrived explanation. ( It's really rather liberating. ) :)

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Honey Bee reporting for duty Sir!

Count me in.

I'm calling 2 lbs. Will be a great feat as I've been battling a few things lately.

:welcome:
WELCOME PRIVATE TEMPLE!!!

I'm a 25 year old ICU nurse in need of some tough love. I'm down 9 lbs in 3 weeks (give or take some days) and needing the support to keep up the good work. I'm doing workouts when I can (I work midnights so some days I do a few workouts and others I do none), and counting calories daily. This thread seems very supportive and tons of fun! Love the senses of humor that come with the love. Well my goal for this week if I'm in is 2 lbs. Plan on hitting some workout videos (I do TurboJam currently) when I wake up earlier than usual (2:00pm) and if I feel up to it hitting the gym on my way into work. Eating wise I log online, from my phone so i always have it. I'm getting married next April, so I'd like to be near goal to fit into a smaller dress! I'll be checking back periodically!

WELCOME PRIVATE MURPLEHAZE!!!

I didn't know you guys were over here! Just what I needed! I am in!

I've gotten off track and gained a pound or so lately. We all know those just gained pounds seem to come off quickly when we totally get on track so my goal this week is 3 pounds.

Activity today: Painting bathroom, taking down wallpaper elsewhere, and in between cleaning and laundry. Do not plan to sit down today until this evening! (Well after this short computer break)

WELCOME PRIVATE KRIS!!!

:drill: SARGE....is under mission this week, so i am helping out until SARGE gets back on friday!! Welcome to an awesome thread of dedicated squad members!!!

this is a NO NONSENSE JUST DO IT NO COMPLAINING NO EXCUSES THREAD!!
you'll fit right in!!! :D so happy to have you on board PRIVATE!!

NOW GET YOUR BUTT-ER IN GEAR AND GET YOUR WEEK STARTED AND TELL ME (err....SARGE) WHAT YOU PLAN TO DO THIS WEEK TO MAKE IT HAPPEN???

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 10:48 AM
...hey guys...
i know this is the no excuses board but i got hit by the FLU/cold truck. too sick to move today, couldn't even walk the dog. i'll post weight in the a.m. bummed i lost two exercise days but i have got to rest. hoping i'm better tomorrow...

:drill: PRIVATE LUCY...YOU ARE RIGHT...THERE ARE NO EXCUSES HERE!!
WHAT DO YOU THINK WE ARE RUNNING HERE AN INFIRMARY????

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5293/5543221262_243ae11689.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5543221262/)

SAVE YOUR EXCUSES FOR YOUR DEAR MOM LETTER!!!

NOW DRINK YOUR WATER, GET YOUR REST, AND THEN GET YOUR BUTT-ER BACK IN GEAR TOMORROW AND REPORT IN PRIVATE!!

AND WALK THAT DOG BEFORE HE PEE'S THE CARPET!! :whoo:

* heehee .... hey that sounded just like sarge!! :D

fitness4life
03-20-2011, 11:04 AM
You guys motivated me! After teaching 5 classes of boot camp per week, my weekends are usually for recovery, but...I have a 5 K coming up that I need to start training for. I was doggin it yesterday, going to take a nap before an appointment when suddenly I thought of you guys.

Instead of nap then drive to my appointment, I got on the running shoes and ran there and back for a total of 7 miles (ten min rest in between).

I was SO proud of myself. Your forum here helped me. I'm gonna WIN that danged 5 k again this year (for the "geezer" bracket anyway) and your motivation is going to help me!

Thank you!!

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 11:13 AM
You guys motivated me! After teaching 5 classes of boot camp per week, my weekends are usually for recovery, but...I have a 5 K coming up that I need to start training for. I was doggin it yesterday, going to take a nap before an appointment when suddenly I thought of you guys.

Instead of nap then drive to my appointment, I got on the running shoes and ran there and back for a total of 7 miles (ten min rest in between).

I was SO proud of myself. Your forum here helped me. I'm gonna WIN that danged 5 k again this year (for the "geezer" bracket anyway) and your motivation is going to help me!

Thank you!!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5099/5543298784_6e14b30dd0.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5543298784/)

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! KEEP US POSTED!! NOW KEEP RUNNING!!!

ASF
03-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi,
Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday! Had a crazy day. But managed to fit in an hour of tennis and 30min bike ride.

Hit the gym this morning! 45min cardio, 30 resistance intervals.

Weight loss pledge for coming week: 1.5kg which is roughly 3.3lbs I think!

Hope everyones doing ok!

kris2008
03-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Plan for the week:

Stay on food plan - 1400 cal max
30 minute elliptical plus yoga stretches - AM
30 minute walk plus yoga stretches - noon
Walk dogs plus weights/abs/step bench plus yoga stretches - PM

And finish de-wallpapering!

MadamButterfly
03-20-2011, 12:10 PM
SURROGATE SARGE (RAINMILES)

THIS PRIVATE MASTERGOOBUTTERFLY REPORTING BACK WITH A NEW ATTITUDE (COMPLIMENTS OF RESOLUTE, THANKS BUDDY)

JM - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM - DONE
WATER - 2 BOTTLES THUS FAR
CRUNCHES - 400
PUSH-UPS - 50

I WILL AND CAN DO THIS !!!!! THAT IS IF I CAN RUN FASTER THAN SARGE!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

Cheshirecat
03-20-2011, 12:43 PM
MadamB, I am joining you in the Sarge arse-chewing out group.
Gained this week. (2 lbs) It hurts. But not as much as it will hurt when I get my butt-er kicked!!
Oh I am sure I can find things to blame this on. But no, if I want it-- If I really want it I have to make it happen!

You are so right Resolute in what you said. I have to push myself, want it for myself and get it for myself. You are a motivation for me to push harder!

So I am getting off this PC right now, I have laundry going, an apartment that is a disaster and needs cleaned, a beautiful day that I need to take a advantage of and a round of yoga to stretch my legs out.

And yes, I am tracking my food again starting today.

I pledge another 1.5 lbs for next Sunday.

Make it happen Platoon!

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 12:46 PM
SARGE is GONNA KICK MY *&((&* to the curb upon return . . . or else he's gonna come after me with that helicopter . . . you know the one RAINSMILES . .
[SIZE="2"]SO here is my new check-off sheet for each day . . .

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5179/5456371198_29673780c1.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5456371198/)

.....heeheehee....you mean THIS ONE!!!

:nono:LISTEN UP GOO-MASTER....YOU BETTER GET YOUR SORRY BUTT-ERY GOO CARCASS RUNNING :kickbutt:AND I MEAN IN OVERTIME AND GET THAT 1 POUND GLOB OF GOO BACK OFF YOUR LAZY CARCASS B4 I GET BACK!!!! :rollpin:
signed: SARGE :drill:

peanutt
03-20-2011, 12:49 PM
I came up short this week...lost 0.8 lb instead of the goal 1.5 lbs. My body has started playing this mean trick on me where I get a big whoosh one week, then hardly move the next (last week's loss of 3 lbs was clearly the whoosh). So here's hoping I stay true to this new pattern and see a nice whoosh next week. I'll pledge 1.5 lbs again.

I just wanted to share a little side victory from this week because I think it's important to look at non-scale indicators of progress too. My body fat is finally down below 40% for the first time. The scale read 39.9% this morning. That means it's down over 8% from when I started. :D

Doing my grocery shopping yesterday I was so happy when I came home and unpacked.....I had so much delicious and healthy food it put a huge smile on my face. My cart was full of produce and dairy and whole foods. See the carrots, mushrooms, giant bag of bell peppers, baby spinach, snap peas, 2 bags of apples, 3 cucumbers, blueberries, bananas, grapes, zucchini, broccoli slaw, and cabbage? Already in the fridge was the yogurt, milk, cheese, pineapple, ground chicken breast, baba ghanouj.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5015/5541923702_e0d433f3eb.jpg

What will you fuel your body with this week platoon?!?

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Gained this week. (2 lbs) It hurts. But not as much as it will hurt when I get my butt-er kicked!!
Oh I am sure I can find things to blame this on. But no, if I want it-- If I really want it I have to make it happen!

I pledge another 1.5 lbs for next Sunday.

Make it happen Platoon!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5291/5543616206_5166ca5414.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5543616206/)

:tantrum:
2 POUNDS!!! 2 FREAKIN' POUNDS!!
WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS A HOLIDAY SPA????
YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST LAY AROUND???
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5293/5543055193_5a30c86c9e.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5543055193/)

THIS IS BOOT CAMP!!! :kickbutt:
IN HONOR OF THE RECENT ST PATRICKS DAY...
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5052/5543062379_2bb664de9c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5543062379/)

ME THINKS SARGE :drill: WILL REJECT THAT PLEDGE FOR NEXT WEEK OF 1.5 AND MAKE YOU PLEDGE THAT OOOOY GOOOOOEY YUCKY 2 POUNDS OF GOO YOU GOT BACK ON YOU RIGHT BACK OFF PRIVATE!!!
:frypan:

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Doing my grocery shopping yesterday I was so happy when I came home and unpacked.....I had so much delicious and healthy food it put a huge smile on my face. My cart was full of produce and dairy and whole foods. See the carrots, mushrooms, giant bag of bell peppers, baby spinach, snap peas, 2 bags of apples, 3 cucumbers, blueberries, bananas, grapes, zucchini, broccoli slaw, and cabbage? Already in the fridge was the yogurt, milk, cheese, pineapple, ground chicken breast, baba ghanouj.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5015/5541923702_e0d433f3eb.jpg

What will you fuel your body with this week platoon?!?

WELL DONE PRIVATE...LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT YOUR MESS HALL :stir:
ALL WELL STOCKED FOR AN AWESOME WEEK!!! WELL DONE!!!

ME THINKS SARGE :drill: WILL BE EXTRA HAPPY! :D

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 01:11 PM

COME ON PLATOON...GIVE ME SOME NUMBERS!!!
LET'S MAKE SARGE PROUD!!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5540201743_e570d95bb4.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5540201743/)

WE ALL KNOW SARGE IS WATCHING!!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
03-20-2011, 01:30 PM
GGGGGOOOOOOOODDDD MMMMOOOORRRRRNNNIIIINNGGGGG PPPLLLLAATTTOOOONNNNN

So bad week, really bad week, drinking, friends in hospital, sick myself blah, blah blah. Bad part. I kind of didnt watch my eating two much and didnt run two days when I was in bed. Good news. I didnt gain. Still stuck at the same number.

Feeling little blah. Dont have much energy but I WILL go for my run today soon as the laundry gets done, my bed gets maid (maybe) I take my vitamins and have breakfast LOL.

I NEED to get back into the swing of things. :\ Here we go. I havnt had time to read everyones posts for personals. I see some good work out there.

Sarge. I stayed the same, no gain or lose. I want to make my pledge 2 lbs weekly hehe. That should help me.

Over and out platoon LETS MELT SOME BUTT-ER....WE CAN DOOOOO EEEEIIITTTTTTTTT

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi,
Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday! Had a crazy day. But managed to fit in an hour of tennis and 30min bike ride.

Hit the gym this morning! 45min cardio, 30 resistance intervals.

Weight loss pledge for coming week: 1.5kg which is roughly 3.3lbs I think!

Hope everyones doing ok!

WOOHOO!!!
:woohoo:
SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU ON BOARD ASF...

:strong:EXERCISE: KICKBUTT CHECK! :kickbutt:
PLEDGE: 3.3 SMACKDOWN :goodscale: BOOOYAH!! :dance:

:cheer:NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A:cheer:
NEW RECRUIT TO BE PROUD ABOUT!!
:D

:drill: SARGE IS GONNA BE ROCKIN' HAPPY
:dizzy:!

dcapulet
03-20-2011, 02:10 PM
I am -.2 this week. No excuses.

I AM LOSING 2 lbs this week! No questions, no excuses!

Getting off the computer right now to go running.

MadamButterfly
03-20-2011, 02:23 PM
SURROGATE SARGE: OOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH, THAT'S THE ONE . . . SHAKIN' IN MY BOOTS RIGHT NOW AND DOUBLE TIMIN' IT BEFORE SARGE CATCHES UP . . . YIKES . . .

CHESHIRE: WATCH OUT CAUSE IF SARGE CATCHES US WE ARE TOAST, BETTER START RUNNIN' . . . LOLOLOLOL (Yeah, I can laugh now, but SARGE WILL BE BACK SOON . . .

Peanut: :congrat: Those NSV are sooooo awesome . . . YOU DONE DID GOOD GIRL AND SARGE WOULD BE SOOOOOOO PROUD !!!!!!

SMSDreamer: JUST BE GLAD YOU DIDN'T GAIN . . . YOU'D BE RUNNIN FOR YOUR LIFE WITH CHESHIRE AND ME

ASF: GREAT JOB FOR TODAY, KEEP IT UP

FITNESS FOR LIFE: ME THINKS YOU'VE JOINED THE RANKS BUT MAYBE DON'T REALIZE IT . . . LOLOLOLOLOL . . . YOU WIN THAT 5K . . .

KRIS: GREAT PLAN . . . KEEP IT UP . . .

OK, I'm off to work . . . plan to do some stairs while I'm there, knee is throbbing, but being iced as I write so I should be good to go . . .

Everyone have a great day and remember

SPRING ARRIVES TODAY!!!

tubbaki
03-20-2011, 02:45 PM
pvt Tubbak reporting in.
2 lbs lost, i met my pledge!!!

but i should be reporting with higher numbers... (I think about 3.5 pounds but i ate insanely for the past two days and gained that extra pound and a half back!!! :mad::mad::mad: ) feeling a little bummed out about that:(

SO! I pledge to lose THREE pounds next week!

heading to hot yoga later in the afternoon with a gf.
it's quite nice out, thinking abt going for a quick run ard the park??

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 03:03 PM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!
I lost 2 pounds this week. I apologize that it wasn't the 5 pounds loss I wanted to pull, but 2 is still fairly good. :)
Yay for a loss!

NICE TRY PRIVATE...YOU THINK SARGE :drill: IS GONNA BUY THAT???:nono:

YOU BETTER BRING IT ON NEXT WEEK PRIVATE OR SARGE IS GONNA
SEND YOU TO :kickbutt: BOOT CAMP ****-O!! :D

:devil:BEWARE THE WRATH OF SARGE!! BAHAHAHAHAH

NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20!!
AND REPORT YOUR PLEDGE FOR NEXT WEEK ASAP SOLDIER!!

dcapulet
03-20-2011, 03:14 PM
35 min walk/run - done.

MichelleD
03-20-2011, 03:22 PM
G'evnin Platoon! I'm ALIVVVEE!
Stats first, eh?
Down 2.5 pounds as opposed to 3. Grrrr.
Pledge for the new week: 2 pounds.

And a question for all. Alright, I have access to gym, it's a very nice gym full of things to do. However, for the next month or so my workout buddy is going to be halfway around the world and... I don't really trust anyone else to spot me. So! What are some fun strength exercise (woo weights) that can be done solo?

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 03:36 PM
SMSDreamer: JUST BE GLAD YOU DIDN'T GAIN . . . YOU'D BE RUNNIN FOR YOUR LIFE WITH CHESHIRE AND ME

GGGGGOOOOOOOODDDD MMMMOOOORRRRRNNNIIIINNGGGGG PPPLLLLAATTTOOOONNNNN

So bad week, really bad week.....

......I WILL go for my run today ....

....I want to make my pledge 2 lbs weekly hehe. That should help me.

:drill:PRIVATE DREAMER!!....DON'T THINK THAT YOUR SWEET PEPPY GOOD MORNING ATITUDE IS GONNA LET YOU OFF THE HOOK WITH SARGE...FOR NOT MEETING YOUR PLEDGE!! :devil:

AND DON'T THINK THAT PLEDGING ANOTHER 2 POUNDS FOR EACH WEEK IS GONNA LESSEN THE BUTTKICK-IN YOU GOT COMING PRIVATE!! :kickbutt: :kickbutt: heehee bahahahah :rofl:

YOU MIGHT AS WELL START RUNNING BY THAT HELICOPTER TOO!!
HHAHAHAHAHAHA

SARGE IS WATCHING YOU!!!
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5291/5543558443_3ce530abbb.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5543558443/)

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 03:39 PM
35 min walk/run - done.

WELL DONE PRIVATE!!!!
YOU MAKE SARGE :drill: HAPPY!!

MichelleD
03-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Yep. Herding Cats. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmgLtg1Izw

drinkypants
03-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Sgt Rainbow Miles, I am checking in! I lost 1lb this week.. my goal was 2. I stayed 100% on plan and went to the gym 6 out of 7 days. I worked hard, so the 1lb is frustrating, but I wont give up! (It is TOM, so I know I am retaining water, but Sarge doesn't want excuses lol)

I pledge 2lbs again this week! Off to the gym I go, to melt some more butt-er!

marywinchester
03-20-2011, 03:48 PM
I pledge 3 pounds this week. If I count my calories for one entire week I know I can do it..

tubbaki
03-20-2011, 04:30 PM
anyone have any experience with hot yoga?
today will be my first time and i dont know what to expect :eek:
going to melt some BUTT-er in an hour1

fitness4life
03-20-2011, 04:37 PM
tubbakki, I've heard of it and it is LOVED by my client's son.

JayTee
03-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Sorry can't do more personals right now...have to pay for internet, but want
MadameB and Cheshire to know they are on Sarge's *HIT LIST! Take a page from THE BOOK OF RESOLUTE!!!!! Perhaps the chapter "How I lost 161 pounds already but then I pledged 4 more pounds and forced myself to keep walking until I met my pledge for the week!" Yeah, that's the chapter!

Want2beafish
03-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Lost 2 pounds ... Just gotta push myself next week. This was a weird week went by so fast didn't think I was gonna lose any so anyways next week I'm pledging 1.5

lucyford
03-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Hello all,
Lots of sleep, nyquil and chicken soup seemed to have done the trick. I'm just feeling the cold a bit, but I'm doing better. Not sure I'm going to exercise today because I want to give 110% this week.
I am at 219 this morning (!!!), but BARELY made it. My weight has been all over the place since getting sick. Yesterday before bed it was 225!! I think the soup has a lot of sodium in it though?? I'm trying to drink a lot of water but it just doesn't taste right when I'm sick.

Anyway, Sarge, put me down for a pledge of another pound lost this week!

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 06:02 PM
UPDATED BOARD....

PLEDGES //// vs. ACTUAL LOSS WEEK 2

Sarge = 1 /// (-2.5)NOW THiS iS A TRUE LEADER!!!

CocoLoco = 2 /// (-1.0)WAY 2 HANG TOUGH PRIVATE!!
Courtney = 5 /// (-2.0) MORE MORE MORE!!!
Cheshire = 1.5 /// (+2) OOO SARGE IS GONNA GET U!!
DCap = 2 /// (-.2)GOOD JOB, SARGE WANTS MORE!!!
Dreamer = 2 /// (-0)BRING IT NEXT WEEK PRIVATE!!
Lucy = 1 (-1.0)AWESOME SPIRIT PRIVATE!!
MadameB = 2.2 /// (+1)TIME 2 DE-GOO GOOMASTER!
MaryWin = 3 /// (-1.0) GREAT JOB!!
MichelleD = 3 /// (-2.5)FANTASTIC!!
Peanutt = 1.5 /// (-.8)NOT TOO SHABBY PRIVATE!!
RainMILES = 1.2 /// (-1.1)SLACKER!!
Resolute = 4.1 /// (-4.0) WELL DONE!!
Sindaena = 1.5 /// (-2.0)YOU ROCK!!!
Tubbak = 2 /// (-2.0)WAY TO GO!!!
Want2beafish = 2 /// (-2.0)WOOHOO WAY TO GO!!!

Anni3D = 1 A.W.O.L.
KatyTrail = 2 A.W.O.L.
Pokey = 1 A.W.O.L.
VickieL = 3 A.W.O.L.

Sarge = .5

Anni3D =
CocoLoco = 2
Courtney = 3
Cheshire = 1.5
DCap = 2
Dreamer = 2
KatyTrail =
Lucy = 1
MadameB = 2.2
MaryWin = 3
MichelleD = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
Pokey =
RainMILES = 1.5
Resolute = 4
Sindaena = 1.5
Tubbak = 3
VickieL = 3
Want2beafish = 1.5

Newbie PrvtS. Pledges for week 3/20-3/27:

ASF = 3.3
CandyCoat= 2
Kris2008= 3.0
Jellybean = 1.5
Murplehaze = 2
MyBodyIsMyTemple = 2
SizzlinGina = 5 (impressive first pledge NOW MAKE IT HAPPEN)

sizzlingina
03-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Newbie here, Sarge. I pledge to drop 5 pounds this week!
SW: 236

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Newbie here, Sarge. I pledge to drop 5 pounds this week!
SW: 236

WELCOME PRIVATE GINA....IMPRESSIVE PLEDGE NEWBIE!!
YOU BETTER EARN YOUR STRIPES OR SARGE WILL BE
:kickbutt: KICKING YOUY BUTT-ER TO THE CURB SOLDIER!

Cheshirecat
03-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Great grocery shopping trip picture!! I love all the fruits and veggies.

Michelle--Love that you actually found a video of herding cats! Made me giggle.

Great job Platoon with kicking the butt-er this great Spring Day.

I ran off and did what I said I would do to start this week off right!!
Cleaned house, walked, yoga done, tracked my food and gulping down water now.
I will make up for it! My butt will be properly sore by the end of the week for not getting my butt-er melted!

Resolute
03-20-2011, 08:24 PM
I want to thank you ladies for being so nice and making me feel at home, sincerely from my heart. http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/715/heartwml.gif

To show my appreciation i've got another couple comparison photos, my mom found another photo of me... i can't even believe that was me. http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6874/bleh2c.gif

The new blurry one is from today, i can finally wear my old old retro style leather jacket again without looking ridiculous, well IMO anyway, i know it's blurry, it's just as well because i always look so mad /nasty in pictures even though i am not. I still have some ways to go and will never look like i did but whatever, water under the bridge.

BTW, your posts inspired me to say to **** with my rest day ( was just moping around anyway) so i did my walk and feel better for it.

I know we can all do better myself included, i congratulate each and everyone on there willingness to better themselves and there participation in this collective, I again pledge 4 pounds to Sarge for this week but i am going for 5 as a personal challenge to myself. :devil:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3792/img0382ut.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6982/1000516v.jpg

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 08:43 PM
I again pledge 4 pounds to Sarge for this week but i am going for 5 as a personal challenge to myself. :devil:

resolute....i have NO doubt...NONE whatsoever...that the 5 pound personal challenge will be met not only with fierce determination but perseverance and pure sweat and guts and brave spirit! you totally are a driving force behind this thread! i salute you!!!!

* The miracle, or the power, that elevates the few is to be found in their industry, application, and perseverance under the promptings of a brave, determined spirit.
Mark Twain

ps....LOVE THAT JACKET!!! AND IT LOOKS SO FABULOUS ON YOU!

CourtneyDaisey
03-20-2011, 09:25 PM
NICE TRY PRIVATE...YOU THINK SARGE :drill: IS GONNA BUY THAT???:nono:

YOU BETTER BRING IT ON NEXT WEEK PRIVATE OR SARGE IS GONNA
SEND YOU TO :kickbutt: BOOT CAMP ****-O!! :D

:devil:BEWARE THE WRATH OF SARGE!! BAHAHAHAHAH

NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20!!
AND REPORT YOUR PLEDGE FOR NEXT WEEK ASAP SOLDIER!!

:eek:

I forgot to report my pledge for next week! I apologize Surrogate Sarge! I pledge 3 pounds next week. 230's here I come....dammit!

Now, time to hit that gym hard and reach that mini goal!

Resolute
03-20-2011, 10:09 PM
resolute....i have NO doubt...NONE whatsoever...that the 5 pound personal challenge will be met not only with fierce determination but perseverance and pure sweat and guts and brave spirit! you totally are a driving force behind this thread! i salute you!!!!

* The miracle, or the power, that elevates the few is to be found in their industry, application, and perseverance under the promptings of a brave, determined spirit.
Mark Twain

ps....LOVE THAT JACKET!!! AND IT LOOKS SO FABULOUS ON YOU!

I'm certainly no one special rainbow, as you can clearly see, :hug: It's just nice if others can see and realize the possibilities they themselves carry deep inside, how a dummy like me found a way to connect to this realization i'll never know.

Forever greatful to resources like this web site for helping to educate me and for those who chose to share there successes and struggles so freely.

It's nice to be able to fit into clothes that have sat for years and years, the jacket was my Uncles which was given to me after he passed away so it's not just a jacket to me but something that carries memories as well. :)

rainbowsmiles
03-20-2011, 11:03 PM
:coach:Good Night Squad....way To Go Platoon....on One Fabulous Week, A Terrific Weekend...with Sarge Gone...you All Put Forth Your Best Efforts!!

:DWay To Make Sarge Proud!!:drill:

Over And Out!

MadamButterfly
03-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Cheshire: Oh we have targets on our backs and Sarge is gunnin' for us . . . I just hope I can run faster than you . . . LOLOLOLOL . . . . oh yes I am soooooo funny in my own head

Surrogate Sarge, just a quick :wave: before I hit the sack . . .

Tomorrow's plan:

Off work so, JM's No More Problem Zones, 400 crunches, 100 push-ups and am planning a hike at a local state park to celebrate the first full day of Spring (temps near 50) . . . maybe the hike will have to be double time . . . oh yeah . . .

Michele; I think you were looking for upper body exercises . . . push ups are great, if that's not enough then put your feet up on a step or couch and then do the push ups or get a back pack and put a sack of flour or sugar, or both and do the push ups, can you say 1-arm push ups. I do JM's No More Trouble Zones and it is a killer, Also 30 day shred, Level 2, kills my shoulders. I don't know, just a thought.

rose73
03-21-2011, 12:02 AM
I really have no idea how to navigate this but I'll give it a shot. I plan to lose 3 lbs this week.

SMSDREAMER2007
03-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Resolute YOU LOOK GREAT!!

Surrogate sarge don't worry I wasn't thinking I was getting off that easy. I was out running today dont worry :p

MurpleHaze
03-21-2011, 01:15 AM
Today I woke up early as planned and did my Turbo Jam 20 minute video...not sure if it was the right one, however...I'm just getting used to all the videos and actually writing down the schedule after I'm done this post. Everyone here is so freaking motivating it's not even funny. I was trying to tell my mom about it and I think you kinda have to be involved to understand. So I don't work tomorrow (well today I guess) until eleven soooo tomorrows checklist:
1.) Vitamins: (I freakin suck at remembering to take them)
2.) Water: (at least 2 L)
3.) Video: Cardio Party and Ab Jam (I looked it up)
4.) Gym: 2.5 mile walk/run
5.) Grocery Shopping: and if I can figure out how to upload pictures I will....of the food of course!
6.) Sleep: 8 hrs? (it's a stretch but worth a goal)

Being that I didn't make a checklist for 3/20 I'll go by the one above and see how I'm doin so far
1.) forgot vitamins....
2.) 1.5L down, .5 to go to make goal
3.) 20 minute Jam complete
4.) didn't have time for the gym, hence short video...
5.) packed healthy lunch and ate healthy out with my family for my brothers birthday dinner...feels good when I make good choices!
6.) slept 5.5 hours (feeling ok though..not to tired or wired)

So that's where I'm at for now folks!

Cheshirecat
03-21-2011, 07:09 AM
Good Morning Platoon!
Brand new week to make it happen!

MadamB-You are on! No way you are leaving me in the dust for Sarge to get!

Michelle-Tricep dips are great upper body exercise too. Just grab some dumbbells and do some curls, over head presses, shoulder press, rows. Good luck!.

Resolute-You are looking fly in your leather jacket. LOL--did anyway else ever use the word fly back in the day. Awesome job man.

As for me, I have a 3 mile run planned and some leg exercises! Tracking my food and I'm about to go fill up my water bottle now.

Resolute
03-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Resolute-You are looking fly in your leather jacket. LOL--did anyway else ever use the word fly back in the day. Awesome job man.

Resolute YOU LOOK GREAT!!

Thankyou both, truthfully i would rather not post pictures, i have always been shy and private.

I'm ready to take this fight to the street this week ! All i have to do is stick to the plan.

Have a super nice day everyone.

rainbowsmiles
03-21-2011, 08:18 AM
GOOOOD MORNING SQUAD!!

TIME TO HIT THE GYM AND GET YOUR SWEAT ON!!

LETS GO...MOVE IT MOVE IT!!!

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

LETS GO OUT THERE AND MAKE SARGE PROUD!!! :drill:

rainbowsmiles
03-21-2011, 08:26 AM
I really have no idea how to navigate this but I'll give it a shot. I plan to lose 3 lbs this week.

WELCOME PRIVATE ROSE!!

thanks for your 3 pound pledge this week!!
save ths thread under your quick links in
your user cp and you can find your way back to us :)

NOW GET UP AND GET YOUR BUTT-ER IN GEAR PRIVATE
AND GIVE SARGE ALL YOU GOT HIS WEEK...
MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! :drill:

rainbowsmiles
03-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Surrogate sarge don't worry I wasn't thinking I was getting off that easy. I was out running today dont worry :p

:coach:NOW THATS THE SPIRIT SOLDIER!!
<sniff> <sniff> YOU MAKE SURROGATE SARGE SO PROUD :drill:

rainbowsmiles
03-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Today I woke up early as planned and did my Turbo Jam 20 minute video...not sure if it was the right one, however...I'm just getting used to all the videos and actually writing down the schedule after I'm done this post. Everyone here is so freaking motivating it's not even funny. I was trying to tell my mom about it and I think you kinda have to be involved to understand. So I don't work tomorrow (well today I guess) until eleven soooo tomorrows checklist:
1.) Vitamins: (I freakin suck at remembering to take them)
2.) Water: (at least 2 L)
3.) Video: Cardio Party and Ab Jam (I looked it up)
4.) Gym: 2.5 mile walk/run
5.) Grocery Shopping: and if I can figure out how to upload pictures I will....of the food of course!
6.) Sleep: 8 hrs? (it's a stretch but worth a goal)

Being that I didn't make a checklist for 3/20 I'll go by the one above and see how I'm doin so far
1.) forgot vitamins....
2.) 1.5L down, .5 to go to make goal
3.) 20 minute Jam complete
4.) didn't have time for the gym, hence short video...
5.) packed healthy lunch and ate healthy out with my family for my brothers birthday dinner...feels good when I make good choices!
6.) slept 5.5 hours (feeling ok though..not to tired or wired)

So that's where I'm at for now folks!

:coach:WELL DONE PRIVATE HAZE!!!! YOU HAVE YOUR LIST, YOU HAVE A PLAN....THATS HALF THE BATTLE RIGHT THERE!! VERY PROUD!!!

SO PROUD OF YOU FOR MAKING A HEALTHY DINING OUT CHOICE EVEN IN THE WAKE OF A FAMILY'S BIRTHDAY!! NOW THATS DETERMINATION!!

I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING MORE BACK FROM YOU PRIVATE!

NOW GET TO THAT GYM AND WORK WORK WORK!!! :D

rainbowsmiles
03-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Good Morning Platoon!
Brand new week to make it happen!
As for me, I have a 3 mile run planned and some leg exercises! Tracking my food and I'm about to go fill up my water bottle now.

:drill: SARGE KNOWS SHE CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON YOU SOLDIER TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

GREAT PLAN...NOW MAKE IT HAPPEN AND DO IT WITH A SMILE!! :D

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5053/5544059586_d37a7bfcb7.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5544059586/)

rainbowsmiles
03-21-2011, 08:45 AM
:rain: PRIVATE RAINMILES....FILLING IN FOR SARGE TODAY!:drill:

WELCOME NEWBIES!!

NEW PLEDGE BOARD....COME ON LURKERS...
I DARE YOU TO COME ADD YOUR PLEDGES!!!
YOU CAN DO IT!

WOOHOOO FOR THE 8 NEWBIES THIS WEEK!!!

Sarge = .5

Anni3D =
CocoLoco = 2
Courtney = 3
Cheshire = 1.5
DCap = 2
Dreamer = 2
KatyTrail =
Lucy = 1
MadameB = 2.2
MaryWin = 3
MichelleD = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
Pokey = 2
RainMILES = 1.5
Resolute = 4
Sindaena = 1.5
Tubbak = 3
VickieL = 3
Want2beafish = 1.5

ASF = 3.3
CandyCoat= 2
Kris2008= 3.0
Jellybean = 1.5
Murplehaze = 2
MyBodyIsMyTemple = 2
Rose = 3
SizzlinGina = 5

marywinchester
03-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Down 1.4 this morning!! Caloriecounting really works.. I'm free from work today, so this morning I was out running for 30 minutes then I worked out in the gym for 60..
Now I'm gonna do the same this afternoon.. I know I won't have the time later in the week..

fitness4life
03-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Can I post what I did with my boot camp each day?

1/8 mile warm up jog, stretch.

I took a challenge I found here from Eliana (I think, sorry if I got her name wrong) which was how many push ups can you do in 1 minute? E had posted she can do 38!!! I did 30 regular and 5 modified. I am going to reach her status by next week.

everything below is done in sets of 60 seconds with no rest in between exercises. do the sets until 10 min. pass then rest 1 min and go on again.

high alternating knee side jumps.
push up, walk on hands 1 step to side, push up, walk 1 step other direction, repeat.
high knee jumps - try to touch knees to elbows.
side to side rapid ski jumps
push up with 1 leg extended straight back and up, 30 sec each leg up.
jog in place.
alternating side lunge jump ups.
up push up position walk hands up up back back (no actual push up).
russian kicks.
push up and on up extend legs out to side (V) and jump them back repeat.
front lunge jump rapidly alternating legs.
bent leg Vs in and out.
russian kicks with arms straight out moving arms from on side to crossing in front.
seated russian kicks.
superman hold.
bent leg Vs in and out then straight legs out up and down, repeat.

MadamButterfly
03-21-2011, 11:18 AM
SURROGATE :rain: :drill:

PRIVATE GOOMASTER-BUTTERFLY REPORTING IN:

JM's No More Trouble Zones: COMPLETED
Crunches: 400 COMPLETED
Push-ups: 75 COMPLETED

I almost blew off everything BUT then guess who I heard yelling in my ear . . . SARGE, doh.

Finishing 2nd bottle of H2O, icing knee, eating healthy breakfast and reporting in (Yup all at the same time . . . can you say "multitasking" :lol3:

Today's plan: shower, pack up healthy snacks & H2O for hike, plan to do at least 5 miles, return home, shower, healthy supper . . . then . . . . rest . . .

pokeycactus
03-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Reporting in, Surrogate Sarge! :)

Only down .5 from last week after pledging one full pound...I worked out and ate on plan, so don't know what happened, but I'm going to keep it up!

My pledge this week is 2 pounds! I plan on going from 205 even to 203 even!!!

I need Sarge to kick my rear into gear!!!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-21-2011, 11:39 AM
PRIVATE MARYWIN :) way to go and be down 1.4 pounds!!! keep that up private!! already running and working out at the gym....AND gonna knock out a second workout today...impressive private!! report back after second workout!
well done!!

PRIVATE POKEY....so glad i didn't have to send out the calvary looking for ya! :D ok private...you better be reporting in more this week!! tell me your progress...tell me how your day is going...talk to me!!

PRIVATE MADAM... ::::bowing down:::: HAIL TO THE GOO-ROO-GOOMASTER!! 400 CRUNCHES!! i bet i can spring a dime off your tight tummy and bounce it into the heavens!!! OH MY BUT YOU ARE ONE IMPRESSIVE PRIVATE~!! pushups and JM and getting that water in...packing a healthy lunch AND A 5 MILE HIKE TO BOOT!!:kickbutt: NOW THATS KICKING BUTT-er!
OOOOOOOOO SARGE WILL BE HAPPY ABOUT THIS REPORT PRIVATE!!
YET...I SEE THAT HELICOPTER RIGHT ON YOUR TAIL...SO YOU BETTER HUMP THAT HIKE OUT!!!! AND REPORT BACK PRIVATE ON THE DOUBLE!!!

sizzlingina
03-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Madam- how long do 400 crunches take to do?

Surrogate Sarge: Reporting for duty!

This morning I have: Walked/Jogged 2 miles on treadmill, 114 crunches, Walked 8yo daughter to school (it's 65 degrees, who can resist that?) Ate a healthy breakfast, played tag with my 2yo, drank 32oz of water, swept and mopped 900sq of ceramic tile, vacuumed 1100 sqft of carpet (floors are a workout within themselves) and its not even 1100 hours yet, Surrogate Sarge!

This afternoon I plan to: walk/job 2 more miles on treadmill, 100 or better more crunches, and if my hip hop workout video comes in the mail today, I will be doing that too!

Question for anyone: is it possible to have TOO much water daily? Last week I was having 96oz daily. Is that ok?

VickieLou
03-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Pvt RainMiles I'm reporting for duty. I didn't reach my 3 Lb weight loss. I weighed 221 on 3/11 I didn't weigh in on 3/13 and I weighed 220.6 on 3/19
I didn't weigh in on Sunday. I had a wedding Saturday which I didn't do very well with food that day and only had 1 beer. But I did get to the gym and did weights and only a little cardio.

I might have to help out with KP so I better get out my potato peeler. If I don't start shapping up. I was almost out of the 220's. Been under a lot of stress lately. House hunting.

My weight loss goal for next Sunday 3/27 is 3 LBS.

I need a :kickbutt:. Let's melt some Butt-er.

CourtneyDaisey
03-21-2011, 12:14 PM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!

It's a new week and a new day! I hope everyone's making the right choices! Believe me, if you're not, Surrogate Sarge is gonna be all over you! :eek: And then....just wait until Sarge gets back! :eek: She'll let you have it too!

As for me, I am definitely making the best of what cards I've been dealt this week. Apparently yesterday I broke my left pinky toe. It's all sore and purple. Ick! It's the third time I've broken the stupid thing really. You'd think I'd learn to be careful where I walk by now! :rolleyes: Looks like I'll be concentrating on weights this week to give my toe time to heal up.

I've eaten nothing but healthy stuff today so far! Breakfast was oatmeal with 2 packets of Splenda and some of my Silk soy French Vanilla creamer in it and a red delicious apple. Lunch was a large salad, a mango, and a kiwi. I am still working on my first 32 oz. of water though. Time to get chugging!

JayTee
03-21-2011, 12:47 PM
SURROGATE SARGE RAINMILES---YOU ARE DOING AN AWESOME JOB!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

SARGE ran 4 miles today in new best time because Sarge knew he couldn't expect the platoon to put in the time if he didn't.

I'm reading all the posts!!! You're right...slackers are gonna have to pry my boot from their 'arse if they don't produce.

Those having a tough time...WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN! Journaling really works. I didn't think it would, but the week I started writing down everything I ate vs. what I did in the gym, I started losing 2 to 4 pounds a week.

Re: the water question. You can't really have too much. In the rare case, water intoxication can occur, but again, RARE cases only. The following is a handy site that has a WATER CONSUMPTION CALCULATOR, CALORIE INTAKE CALCULATOR, and ACTIVITY CALCULATOR.

http://www.dietnation.com/weight-loss-tools/activity-calculator.aspx

MOST IMPORTANT...DON'T QUIT!! BE PART OF THE 12% OF PEOPLE WHO VOW TO BETTER THEIR HEALTH AND SUCCEED--NOT THE 88% WHO FAIL!!! SARGE WANTS A PLATOON OF WINNERS!!!

Sarge's 3 minutes internet time is about to expire! Hang tough troops!

Sarge

lucyford
03-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Hello everyone.
Man. Rough night on my end. My neighbors have been on a 3 day bender with loud music and drinking. After 9 hours straight of thumping bass I respectfully asked her three times if she could turn her bass down--with no luck. I called the police for a noise violation. They came and the music was turned down. All was well, or so I thought. I got an email last night of what she posted on facebook. "My fat ***** neighbor just called the cops on me." And then she and her friends went on to make fun of me for being overweight. Believe it or not, this woman is 30 years old, not 12.
At first I was sad.
Now I'm just motivated. I have to study for a few hours first...but I'm going to KILL it at the gym tonight. She can make fun of me for being fat, fine. I'm fixing that. When I'm at goal she's still going to be ignorant and stupid. Sorry for the rant...I just need some no excuse love right now!!

tubbaki
03-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Hello everyone.
Man. Rough night on my end. My neighbors have been on a 3 day bender with loud music and drinking. After 9 hours straight of thumping bass I respectfully asked her three times if she could turn her bass down--with no luck. I called the police for a noise violation. They came and the music was turned down. All was well, or so I thought. I got an email last night of what she posted on facebook. "My fat ***** neighbor just called the cops on me." And then she and her friends went on to make fun of me for being overweight. Believe it or not, this woman is 30 years old, not 12.
At first I was sad.
Now I'm just motivated. I have to study for a few hours first...but I'm going to KILL it at the gym tonight. She can make fun of me for being fat, fine. I'm fixing that. When I'm at goal she's still going to be ignorant and stupid. Sorry for the rant...I just need some no excuse love right now!!

"She can make fun of me for being fat, fine. I'm fixing that."

that line is truly inspirational and made me realize a lot about what I need to do for myself. :hug:

rainbowsmiles
03-21-2011, 03:31 PM
PRIVATE SIZZLINGGINA...HOT DAYUMMM SIZZLE SIZZLE PRIVATE:flame:....YOU HAVE GIVEN SARGE :drill: SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF!! YOU MADE :rain: PRIVATE RAINMILES...BREAK A SWEAT JUST READING WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE BY 1100 HOURS!! :DWELL DONE PRIVATE!! KEEP THAT UP AND YOU JUST MIGHT EARN THOSE COVETED STRIPES THIS WEEK!!!
AND DON'T YOU FORGET TO ADDRESS ME WITH "SIR YES SIR" AT THE END YOU HEAR ME PRIVATE!! :D

PRIVATE VICKIELOUWHOOO...:drill: SARGE HAS ABOUT 1000 POTATOES WITH YOUR NAME ON IT PRIVATE!!! START PEELING....AND YOU BETTER PEEL OFF AT LEAST .7 AND DOUBLE TIME SOLDIER :lifter:...THIS PRIVATE WANTS TO SEE 219 IN THAT TICKER OF YOURS ASAP OR YOUR BUTT-ER IS GONNA BE IN THE GRINDER!!! :tantrum:YOU HEAR ME PRIVATE!! I KNOW YOU'RE ON THAT SECRET HOUSE HUNTING MISSION PRIVATE BUT THATS NO REASON TO SLACK...YOU HEAR ME PRIVATE...I'M LOOKING AT YOU!!! :D:D

PRIVATE COURTNEY...YOU BETTER TAPE THAT TOE AND SMILE:D WHILE YOU GRIMACE :?:SOLDIER...CAUSE YOU AREN'T GETTING ANY SYMPATHY FROM SURROGATE SARGE HERE!! :rain: I ALREADY HAVE TO TURN MY HEAD WHEN I'M YELLING AT YOU PRIVATE...:p FOR FEAR OF LAUGHING!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHEW YOUR BUTT-ER WHEN YOU KEEP BLINKING THOSE EYES AT ME LIKE THAT HUH PRIVATE??? HUH??? HOLD THOSE EYES IN A STARE PRIVATE AND I DARE YOU TO BLINK!!! :rofl: YOU BETTER CHUG THAT BUTT IN GEAR FASTER THAN YOU CAN CHUG YOUR WATER PRIVATE AND DOUBLE TIME TOO...YOU HAVE POUNDS TO MAKE UP FOR!!

rainbowsmiles
03-21-2011, 03:37 PM
SURROGATE SARGE RAINMILES---YOU ARE DOING AN AWESOME JOB!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

MOST IMPORTANT... SARGE WANTS A PLATOON OF WINNERS!!!

Hang tough troops!

Sarge

<standing tall and with my best salute>

SQUAD....ATTENTION:

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

SiR....YES SiR!!!

WE WiLL MAKE YOU PROUD SiR!!

WE ARE WiNNERS SiR!!

YOU CAN COUNT ON US SiR!!!

SQUAD: LEFT FLANK....FORWARD MARCH
:running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running:

rainbowsmiles
03-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Now I'm just motivated..... I'm going to KILL it at the gym tonight. She can make fun of me for being fat, fine. I'm fixing that. When I'm at goal she's still going to be ignorant and stupid. Sorry for the rant...I just need some no excuse love right now!!

PRIVATE LUCY: :carrot:THATS THE SPIRIT....TAKE THOSE FRUSTRATIONS OUT IN THE GYM PRIVATE!! :strong: MAKE YOURSELF STRONGER!! MAKE YOURSELF SWEAT....MAKE YOURSELF GIVE MORE THAN YOU PLANNED...EVERY MINUTE LONGER THAT YOU WORKOUT WILL BE ANOTHER MINUTE LONGER THAT YOU WILL GET THE LAST LAUGH!!:p AND IF THAT DISRESPECTFUL NEIGHBOR BOTHERS YOU AGAIN, YOU JUST GIVE SARGE :drill: A CALL...AND WE CAN DUMP ALL OUR UNWANTED GOO-BUTT-ER IN THEIR YARD!! :rofl:

marywinchester
03-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Back home again.. It went well with my run.. 30 min run then some boxing and core training in the gym.. My calories are good for the day, so I should lose some more for tomorrow. Just have to wait and see..

lucyford
03-21-2011, 05:15 PM
MAKE YOURSELF STRONGER!! MAKE YOURSELF SWEAT....MAKE YOURSELF GIVE MORE THAN YOU PLANNED...EVERY MINUTE LONGER THAT YOU WORKOUT WILL BE ANOTHER MINUTE LONGER THAT YOU WILL GET THE LAST LAUGH!!

Omg, that is EXACTLY what I needed to hear!! That's going to be my mantra. Thank you so much. Still studying...but hitting the gym at 1600!

ASF
03-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Love this philosophy:

PRIVATE LUCY: :carrot:THATS THE SPIRIT....TAKE THOSE FRUSTRATIONS OUT IN THE GYM PRIVATE!! :strong: MAKE YOURSELF STRONGER!! MAKE YOURSELF SWEAT....MAKE YOURSELF GIVE MORE THAN YOU PLANNED...EVERY MINUTE LONGER THAT YOU WORKOUT WILL BE ANOTHER MINUTE LONGER THAT YOU WILL GET THE LAST LAUGH!!:p AND IF THAT DISRESPECTFUL NEIGHBOR BOTHERS YOU AGAIN, YOU JUST GIVE SARGE :drill: A CALL...AND WE CAN DUMP ALL OUR UNWANTED GOO-BUTT-ER IN THEIR YARD!! :rofl:

Only managed to get 45 mins in at the gym, kinda forgot I said I'd pick my nephew up from nursery! So had to leave the gym half way through, so going to make it up tomorrow, meant to be a rest day but I think today was kinda an unplanned rest!

jennajellybean
03-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Reporting in!!

Sorry I haven't been on. My life was filled with travels and last minute family time. I'm back at school now though, and back in my element. I've decided to change my weight loss this week to 3 lbs instead of the 1 I think I initially pledged. I can't believe I gained 3 lbs in one week on vacation!! Definitely not cool.

Have rehearsal in a little bit, then heading home to do a workout video and homework. I'll check in soon with a full update, when I have more of a chance to see everyone else's updates as well!

You got it platoon! Hang in there!!

Private JellyBean over and out!

Resolute
03-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Today started out alright but for whatever reason ( actually i do know but am unprepared to make mention of it ) mentally crashed and now i'm burning.

It took a whole lotta effort to get out for my walk this evening but i did it same as always, feel a little better but not much.

Total calories so far today are right around 950, i should eat something more but i made the mistake of getting on the scale on a day that i know will be unfavourable ( mondays are always high for me, why ? I don't know...) and the scale says i gained 3 pounds, tya right i did, it has to be stress or something because that is flat out wrong but it still made me sick.

Guess i'll force myself to eat something light.

Sorry to be so negative today, i try hard to keep a stiff upper lip but sometimes its a lot of work, i have however stayed on plan so hopefully tomorrow will bring about a change in my attitude if i get a good rest.

Keep going everyone ! :^:

MadamButterfly
03-21-2011, 08:17 PM
SURROGATE :drill:/:rain: :)

REPORTING BACK AFTER MY ATTEMPTED HIKE, WHEN I GOT TO THE TRAILS THEY WERE ICED OVER, STILL SNOW THAT HAD MELTED AND REFROZE . . . ALL I COULD THINK IS NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO DO; SO I HIKED ON THE ROAD BACK TO THE ENTRANCE AND THEN BACK TO MY CAR . . . NOT EXACTLY WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR BUT STILL FRESH AIR AND EXERCISE . . .

SIZZLINGINA: Hmmmmmmmmmm, I have no idea how long 400 crunches takes me but I'll try to remember to time myself tomorrow and let you know . . . sorry not doing another 400 today (LOLOLOLOLOL)
Also, I do 100 regular crunches, 100 reverse crunches, 100 to the left & 100 to the right . . . but still 400

Resolute: Hang in there . . . and pat yourself on the back for getting your walk in . . . sometimes you have to fake it til you make it . . .

Jellybean: which videos do you do??? I'm always looking for something new and different . . .

SARGE: :congrat: on the time for your run . . .

Miss :rain: :) (RAINBOWSMILES): did you get your workout in????? HUH, DID YA, WELL ??? . . . OK, if you posted it, then I missed it . . . LOLOLOLOLOL

ASF: I think double duty tomorrow on your "rest day" work it girl . . .

Lucyf: New Mantra . . . soooooo coool

Maryw: GREAT job on the workout . . .

Tubbaki: OK now that you know what you need to do, THEN DO IT . . . AND HURRY SARGE WILL BE BACK SOOOOOON . . . :yikes:

Courtney: You heard surrogate sarge . . . tape that toe and SMILE . . .

VickieLou: STEP AWAY FROM THE WEDDING CAKE . . . DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT AGAIN AND YOU BETTER GET YOUR BUTT-ER IN GEAR BEFORE SARGE HEARS ABOUT THE CAKE . . . . LOLOLOLOL

PRIVATE MASTERGOOBUTTERFLY SIGNING OUT; GOING TO PLAN FOR TOMORROW'S BUTT-ER MELT FEST . . . HAVE A GREAT NIGHT LADIES & GENT

Cheshirecat
03-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Motivation from thread--check, check and double check.

Way to get it done Platoon!! It's great hearing about all your exercise and health accomplishments!

My report for the day is good.
I have been tracking my food. It really does help. I know this, I just got lazy and stopped and blah, blah, blah. So it's on again and I'm scribbling it all down.

I got in 100 reps each of single leg raises, side leg raises (for my hip flexor), back leg raises (for the hamstrings) and then 50 raises to hit my adductors.

Then out for a 3 mile run.

Plenty of water down today too.

Whooo!

My quote for the day that I found and liked: Just replace 'running' with whatever you want badly enough!

Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, "Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?"
- Peter Maher

lucyford
03-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Got over an hour of cardio in with 25 mins of pilates!
Felt good to pound that stress out.

peanutt
03-21-2011, 09:53 PM
I had a stressful day today. I lost my wedding ring. :( I think it unlikely that it will turn up because I have no idea where it fell off my finger. So I went to the gym and rode the heck out of the bike until 500 calories were burned. Sigh.

tubbaki
03-22-2011, 02:47 AM
horrible HORRIBLE day today!!! :(
didn't go to the gym and OVERate!!!!!! faints*** :tantrum:

i need a :kickbutt:ing badly!!!!
someone set me in line please!

drinkypants
03-22-2011, 03:28 AM
Private Loco the night owl checking in! Sergeant Rainbow - I saw where you put slacker by your 1.1lbs, and I disagree! You lost so much weight the week b4, and just got over pneumonia.. I think you're doing great, so there :p I got home from the gym about an hour ago.. I did 65 minutes of cardio, and 40 minutes of strength.. and I am tirrrrrrrred hehe

lucy - WTG on that workout!

Resolute - Your drive is inspiring, even though you're having a crummy day, you still got out there and walked! Hopefully you ate a little something too :) P.S. It looks like you might need a new jacket soon, that one looks like it's getting too big :lol:

jennajellybean, you can get those 3 lbs off!

peanutt - that's awful, I hope it turns up somewhere :hug:

tubbaki - go to bed, and do better tomorrow! Surrogate Sarge will be up in a couple of hours to kick that booty! :devil:

Cheshirecat
03-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Good Morning Platoon!

Another wonderful spring day for you to enjoy. Eat your fruits and veggies and exercise like a maniac!

I'm munching on my cereal and about to go peel an tangerine to finish breakfast off.

Today I plan on walk/run with my co-workers. Then at home I have a DVD for the core and I'll throw in some arm moves while I am at it.

Peanutt-Sorry about the lost ring. I'll cross my fingers that it shows up!!

Tubbaki-Tomorrow is now here! Make it one you are proud of. You better come back here and report your gym time to make up for yesterday! No excuses today.

Okay I'm off.

Resolute
03-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Good Morning Platoon!

Another wonderful spring day for you to enjoy. Eat your fruits and veggies and exercise like a maniac!

I'm munching on my cereal and about to go peel an tangerine to finish breakfast off.

Today I plan on walk/run with my co-workers. Then at home I have a DVD for the core and I'll throw in some arm moves while I am at it.

Peanutt-Sorry about the lost ring. I'll cross my fingers that it shows up!!

Tubbaki-Tomorrow is now here! Make it one you are proud of. You better come back here and report your gym time to make up for yesterday! No excuses today.

Okay I'm off.

LOL it just snowed here last night, although yesterday was crap i am determined that today will be better and will be a mini goal / endeavor presupposing my normal worries, thats besides sticking to my guns.

I have finally realized that it if i have a bad day mentally over eating and laziness will not absolve my state of mind but make it worse, especially the following day when i suffer from guilt and the negative hangover, at least i kept to my new ideals and can begin anew today.

So sorry you lost your ring Peanutt, hoping it turns up for you.

Some of my seeds i planted have sprouted so i got a little wee smile this morning out of that , funny how such small happenings can actually affect my mood.

Once more unto the breach. :)

MadamButterfly
03-22-2011, 08:57 AM
SURROGATE :drill:/:rain: :) 's

PRIVATE MASTER GOO REPORTING IN:

PLAN FOR TODAY:
THE BIGGEST LOSER CARDIO MAX: (first time doing this one)
CRUNCHES: 400 (will see how long it takes; for SizzlinGina)
PUSH-UPS: At least 75, but will try for 100
EAT CLEAN & GREEN (green for Courtney)

OK, I better get going as the scale was UP another pound today, REALLY ????? UGH & OH NO . . . OK, OFF TO MELT MY BUTTER

TUBBAKI: OK YOU HAD A BAD, BAD DAY, BUT IT'S A NEW DAY, SO JUST GET OFF YOUR BIG BUTT-ERY BUTT AND MELT IT AWAY . . . RIGHT NOW!!!

PEANUT: SO, SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR WEDDING RING . . .

OK I BETTER GET MOVIN' ME THINKS ME HEARS THAT HELICOPTER WARMIN' UP . . . :yikes:

rainbowsmiles
03-22-2011, 10:20 AM
GOOOOOOD MORNING SQUAD!!

ugggg....i think the enemy is trying to sabotage my internet connections...as the internet went out last night and is still not up....so i am dictating this message to my daughter 4 hours away for her to type.

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD DAY....STAY THE COURSE

GO OUT AND MAKE YOURSELVES PROUD

OVER AND OUT

MadamButterfly
03-22-2011, 11:13 AM
OK LADIES & GENT . . .

LOOKS LIKE SURROGATE SARGE :drill: IS OUT OF SORTS . . . SO GET YOUR BIG FAT BUTT-ERY SELVES UP AND OUT THE DOOR TO THE GYM, PUT THAT VIDEO IN & START IT, TAKE A WALK & LIFT THOSE KNEES UP HIGH, HARCH TWO THREE FOUR . . .
YOU KNOW SARGE IS WATCHING YOU !!!!

Resolute: OK, man . . . get your walk in . . . do what you know is RIGHT because sitting and stuffing your face IS NOT GONNA CUT IT HERE . . . MOVE MAN, MOVE . . . LOLOLOL

Cheshire: Great job on the breakfast, but when you walk/run with your co-workers you better be leaving them in the dust and you can bet that I'll be trying to keep ahead of you, then Sarge will catch you FIRST . . . :rofl:

Peanut: I know you MUST be SOOOOOOOO sad about your ring, :hug: BUT SITTING ON YOUR BUTT-ER IS NOT GONNA BRING IT BACK . . . MAKE SARGE PROUD :D

CocoLoco: GREAT JOB on the workout 65 min cardio & 40 min strenght . . . Way to get things going again now that you're feeling better . . . SARGE will be PROUD . . . NOW GET GOING, BECAUSE TODAY IS NOT A "REST" DAY . . . MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT

Tubbaki: You had a BAD DAY YESTERDAY, BUT IT'S TODAY . . . DON'T make it two in a row because SARGE WILL BE CHASING YOU TOO WITH THAT HELICOPTER . . .

Lucy: WOOHOO, GREAT WORKOUT . . . GREAT WAY TO RELIEVE ALL THAT STRESS . . . FEELS GOOD, HUH???

JellyBean: Impressive pledge of 3 pounds, BUT YOU BETTER START MELTIN' ALL THAT BUTT-ER OR YOU'LL BE RUNNIN' WITH CHESIRE & ME . . .

ASF: I know you think it's your REST DAY, but I think you better START MOVIN' YOU BUTT-ERY SELF AND MAKE IT COUNT . . . :rofl:

MaryWin: GREAT WORKOUT . . . NOW GET IT MELTIN' MORE TODAY, YOU KNOW SARGE ALWAYS WANTS MORE . . .

OK SARGE & SURROGATE SARGE ARE WATCHING SO WE BETTER GET OUR BIG BUTT-ER BUTT'S UP & MOVING OR ELSE . . .

LET'S MAKE SARGE AND :rain: :) PROUND!!

Ok, I'm not the GREAT cheerleader :cheer: RainbowSmiles is, but we all know SARGE is gonna be checkin' in soon and WILL be EXPECTING MELTED BUTT-ERY GOO ALL OVER THE PLACE . . .

MadamButterfly
03-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Courtney: DON'T THINK WE FORGOT YOU . . . YOU BETTER BE MOVIN' IT TOO !!!

SizzlinGina: YOU BETTER BE MELTIN' THAT BUTT-ER ALL OVER THE PLACE . . . Oh, it took about 15 min to do my crunches . . .

REMEMBER . . .

SARGE WANTS RESULTS

SARGE ACCEPTS NO EXCUSES

My workout is done and it's off to the shower for me but I plan to pick my knees up ALL DAY, sitting down is NOT an option, I will move it, hump it and harch it ALL DAY . . . BECAUSE I WAS UP ANOTHER POUND TODAY, WHAT THE . . . . I HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!

sizzlingina
03-22-2011, 11:42 AM
SiR YES SiR!

Madam Sarge- Thank you for timing your crunches. I need to get my butt-er-y belly doing more of these!

Had a rough night with my 9mo son last night. We only slept about 1.5 hours tops! Sheesh I was dragging butt this morning! BUT that didn't stop me from taking my butt-er-y *** on a 2mile walk/jog on the treadmill, and 150 crunches. And I already feel a lot better!! More working out this evening! As for now, baby needs to see doctor.

Be back later!

SiR YES SiR!

pokeycactus
03-22-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm here checking in, second day in a row, wooo!!! :)

Yesterday was good! Did the 30 Day Shred dvd and then did zumba for an hour or so. I always forget how much I love zumba till I start...I was smiling the whole time!

I also drank plenty of water, 128+ ounces (a little over a gallon), but I usually manage to do well in that area.

Today I am SORE from the 30 Day Shred, I think. Are you supposed to work out the same muscles (weight-lifting wise) two days in a row, especially if they are sore? I'm definitely going to zumba again though!

Over and out!

JayTee
03-22-2011, 12:13 PM
SARGE's 3 min. CHECK- IN TROOPS!!!

Yes, it's another glorious day at Sarge's Boot Camp where every meal is a chance to stay on plan and every workout is a chance to shine!

It's also a place where you keep going 'til I'm tired, and I AIN'T EVEN CLOSE TO TIRED!

60 min cadio: check
110 crunches: check
on plan breakfast: check

Remember troops, the road to health is paved by the bleached bones of privates who have already fallen by the wayside!

Carry on and QUIT YOUR BIG BUTT-ER BELLY-ACHIN'!

Sarge

p.s. although I gotta say, heart is breaking for Peanutt losing wedding ring. See, Sarge can sometimes be human...don't worry, it won't last long.

MadamButterfly
03-22-2011, 12:33 PM
OH, SARGE IS WATCHIN US . . . LOLOLOL EVEN FROM REMOTE LOCATIONS UNKNOWN . . . SARGE IS MAKIN' SURE WE MELT THAT BUTT-ER . . .

PokeyCactus: Sorry, I mised you . . . but I knew you were bustin your BUTT-ER . . . I do 30DS too, I've tried to do EVERY DAY, but it is sooooo hard on my shoulders (Level 2), So I was usually doing one day 30 DS, one day cardio, (either ZUMBA or bike or other cardio video . . . I'm a video queen) :lol3: After I'd been through all the levels then I started over and tried to do EVERYDAY, NO CAN DO, I think I did 6 or 7 days of Level 1 before I needed a day off, I think the important thing is just keep moving . . . and do it as hard as you can for as long as you can. I do LOVE 30 DS because you work you A** off for about 20-25 min, then you're done . . . I started No More Trouble Zones (NMTZ) and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism (BFBM). NMTZ is VERY similar to 30DS, but twice as long . . . and BFBM I like to call BIG FAT BUTT-ERY MESS . . . Oh yes I'm so funny in my own head

Fitness4life: Did you do Boot Camp today???? Don't think we forgot about you just because you are where WE ALL WANT TO BE . . . You don't want that BUTT-ERY GOO to come back do YOU????

OK if I forgot anyone else, you heard the SARGE;

SARGE QUOTE: Carry on and QUIT YOUR BIG BUTT-ER BELLY-ACHIN'!

pokeycactus
03-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Okay! I'll probably give 30DS another go today then.

I have NMTZ too! I haven't tried that one yet though. I am really disappointed in myself - awhile back, I did P90X for 5 or 6 weeks, but then quit. I had gained some real definition and strength from the program that I've since lost...if only I would have stuck with it!!! :facepalm:

tubbaki
03-22-2011, 01:07 PM
uh oh... just stepped on the scale 2+ pounds up!!!:tantrum:
this is soooo frustrating!!
and to top that off, i have a super sore throat, hope im not coming down with the flu:(:(:(

gonna hit the gym in an hour or so to melt that EXCESS BUTT-er!!

lucyford
03-22-2011, 01:48 PM
uh oh... just stepped on the scale 2+ pounds up!!!:tantrum:
this is soooo frustrating!!
and to top that off, i have a super sore throat, hope im not coming down with the flu:(:(:(

gonna hit the gym in an hour or so to melt that EXCESS BUTT-er!!

That's how my sickness started off last Thursday. I brushed it off because I haven't been sick in two years and had a hard workout. The workout was followed by the worst migraine I've had in years and I was sick and out until Sunday!! My weight was all over the place while I was sick. Sunday night it was 225 and when I woke up Monday it was 219. Weird.

Anyway...going to be another booty kicking day! I have an exam to study for, take, then it's 90 mins in the gym for me. A little sore from pilates yesterday...I love "on demand workouts" on comcast so I can switch it up all the time but dang, this girl Tandy Gutierrez on the workout KICKED MY BUTT-er. Feels good though...

SMSDREAMER2007
03-22-2011, 02:00 PM
ALRIGHT PLATOON LETS MELT THAT BUTT-ER!!!! Sarge and surrogate sarge are gone so Ill take a stab at being the :cheer: LOL why not?

Lucy: Sore? WE LOVE SORE!!! IT MEANS WE ARE MELTING BUTT-ER...YOU GO GIRL LETS KICK IT UP (just dont hurt yourself)

Tubbaki - darn tuttin right you need ot hit the gym...we will go together! I still need to get my run in!

Pokey: stuff happens, we make mistakes p90x is hard but LETS GET IT BACK WORK OFF SOME BUTT-ER YOU CAN DO ITT!!! PRODUCE THOSE RESULTS!!

sizzling: way to not have any excuses and getting it done...sarge and surrogate sarge will be proud!

I SAY WE MELT SOME MAJOR BUTT-ER AND GIVE SARGE AND SURROGATE SARGE A REAL SURPRISE WHEN THEY GET BACK! WE CAN DO IT! LETS HEAR IT ! WHAT CAN WE DO PLATOON?

:cheer: :cheer:

rainbowsmiles
03-22-2011, 03:04 PM
:cheer: yeah yipeee :yay: i'm turning cartwheels!!! :dance:

i'm back connected to the WORLD!!!!!

don't you just hate when technology goes down!!

WAY TO GO SQUAD....
FOR STEPPING UP TO THE CHALLENGE TO ENCOURAGE
AND KEEPING THIS SQUAD MARCHING!!!
:running: :running: :running: :running: :running:
SO PROUD!! :drill:

ok off to work on some personals!! i have a LOT to catch up on!

pokeycactus
03-22-2011, 03:04 PM
I forgot! I was going to ask you guys - how in the world do you roast veggies? I have lots of frozen veggies to use up, and so last night, I spread a bunch of them on a pan, sprayed them with a teeny bit of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and sprinkled garlic powder and fresh cracked black pepper on them. Baked at 375 for about 45 minutes.

My husband came home and pulled the pan out of the oven and I was embarrassed to discover that all that remained was some blackened garlic scented shapes vaguely resembling veggies.

What did I do wrong?

peanutt
03-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Pokey, I've never roasted frozen veggies, only fresh. When I roast fresh veggies I spritz with some olive oil and sprinkle kosher salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, whatever and roast at 450F for about 40 minutes.

rainbowsmiles
03-22-2011, 04:05 PM
SARGE SiR :drill: THE SQUADS ALL ACCOUNTED FOR SiR AND WORKiNG DOUBLE TiME!! OH AND 110 CRUNCHES...???? I THOUGHT YOU WERE UP TO 150 BY NOW...SiR!:p

PRIVATE MADAM: UBER PROUD OF YOU FOR GETTING YOUR HIKING IN DESPITE THE BAD WEATHER!! THATS THE SPIRIT!! I DID GET TO THE GYM FINALLY MONDAY...I DID GET 1.5 MILE WALK DONE AND 8 MILE BIKE RIDE DONE!!

NOW WHATS THIS I SEE....UP ANOTHER POUND...:kickbutt:DID SURROGATE SARGE READ THAT CORRECTLY PRIVATE?? HUH?? HUH?? WELL LISTEN UP YOU SORRY EXCUSE FOR A PRIVATE...IF SARGE COMES BACK TO READ THAT...YOU KNOW WHAT SARGE WILL DO....THAT BALL HANGING FROM THAT CHAIN IS GONNA BE SHOVED UP YOUR YOU KNOW WHERE!! :rofl: BAHAHAHAH YOU BETTER TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE...AND GET YOUR BIG FATT BUTT-ERY SELF MOVING AND GRINDING AND HUMPING AND JUMPING AND GET THAT POUND OFF NOW AND THATS AN ORDER PRIVATE!!! WAY TO BECOME A CHEER PRIVATE!!!:cheer:

PRIVATE DREAMER: THANKS TO YOU TOO PRIVATE FOR STEPPING IN TO CHEER!! :cheer: GOOD JOB SOLDIER!! JUST SEEING THAT EYE OF YOURS PEERING IN....NOW THATS ENOUGH TO GET ANYONE SWEATING AND RUNNING IN FEAR!! YOU JUST MIGHT BE EARNING THOSE STRIPES THIS WEEK PRIVATE!! I HEAR SARGE IS LOOKING TO GIVE OUT A FEW RANK PROMOTIONS!! BUT YOU BETTER MOVE THAT TICKER IF YOU EXPECT THOSE STRIPES PRIVATE!! MOVE IT MOVE IT!!!

PRIVATE MARYWIN: WAY TO GET THAT RUN IN AND CORE TRAINING DONE PRIVATE!!! :lifter: NOW REPORT BACK ON HOW YOUR DAY IS TODAY!!

PRIVATE SIZZLE SIZZLE: :flame: LACK OF SLEEP NOR A DRAGGING BUTT SHALL NOT HINDER THEE IN YOUR EXERCISE!! WELL DONE PRIVATE!! NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. LISTEN UP PLATOON...TAKE A LESSON HERE FROM PRIVATE SIZZLE...AND JUST FREAKIN DO IT!!

PRIVATE POKEY: 2 DAYS IN A ROW!! :D:D OH MY BUT THAT MAKES SURROGATE SARGE SOOOOOO HAPPY!!!:D I AM SO WITH YOU ON THAT ZUMBA-TAGIOUS FEELING....YOU JUST CAN'T LEAVE THAT WORKOUT WITHOUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE AND A SKIP IN YOUR STEP! NOW GIVE ME MORE PRIVATE!!!:carrot:

PRIVATE COURTNEY: JUST WHAT THE HELLLLLLL ARE YOU DOING YOU LAZY BUM YOU....YOU BETTER REPORT IN OR SARGE IS GONNA SIT YOU IN FRONT OF THAT FIRING SQUAD!!!:o

PRIVATE LUCY: :hug:MANTRA'S CAN REALLY HELP US STAY FOCUSED!!!! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!! HANG TOUGH PRIVATE!! SO PROUD OF YOUR EXERCISE REPORT SOLDIER!!! WAY TO POUND OUT THAT STRESS!!!

PRIVATE AFS: WELL AT LEAST YOU GOT 45 MINS IN!! NOW GET IT IN GEAR SOLDIER :carrot:AND REPORT IN WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TODAY ASAP!!! NO REST DAY TODAY...DOUBLE TIME IT SOLDIER...SON'T MAKE SARGE PUT YOU ON THE HIT LIST!!:(

PRIVATE JELLYBEAN: INMPRESSIVE PLEDGE!!! :dizzy:NOW YOU BETTER MAKE IT HAPPEN AND I KNOW YOU WILL!! :kickbutt: HERE'S A LITTLE FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE!!! MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!!:kickbutt:

OOOH PRIVATE PEANUTT: SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR RING :(....THAT IS SO SAD!! I SWIM WITH MINE ONE AND AM ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECKING...AS I WOULD FREAK IF I LOST IT!! OMG....MAYBE IT WILL TURN UP STILL...KEEP US POSTED PRIVATE...WAY TO BURN THOSE 500 CALORIES!!:hug:

PRIVATE TUBB: :running: :running: :running: :kickbutt: :running: :running:
BET YOU CAN'T GUESS WHERE YOU ARE IN THAT LINE!! BAHAHAHAH
NOW LISTEN HERE PRIVATE....SARGE WON'T TAKE KEEN TO SLACKERS AND WHINERS...AND I KNOW SARGE IS WATCHING SO YOU BETTER DOUBLE TIME IT PRIVATE AND REPORT IN A GOOD REPORT BEFORE SARGE KICKS BUTT!!! OOOOO AND 2 POUNDS UP....SARGE IS GONNA GET YOU!!!

PRIVATE COCOLOCO: :devil:SARGE DOESN'T TAKE EXCUSES!!! (but thanks!! :)) WAY TO GO COCO BUSTING OUT THAT KIND OF WORKOUT AT THE GYM!! KEEP THAT UP PRIVATE....YOU'RE OFF TO A FANTASTIC WEEK!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR REPORTS IN THE COMING DAYS!! NOW MOVE IT TO LOSE IT!!:carrot:

PRIVATECHESHIRECAT: "exercise like a maniac" LOVE THAT IMAGE PRIVATE!!! THANKS FOR MAKING SARGE LAUGH TODAY!!! SHE'S A MANIAC....MANIAC....:dancer:

PRIVATE RESOLUTE: SO GLAD YOUR SEEDLINGS HELPED CHANGE YOUR MOOD!! KEEP STRONG :strong:

PRIVATEFITTNESS4LIFE: :oYOU BETTER REPORT IN ON THE ASAP PRIVATE AND GIVE DETAILS TO YOUR TRAINING ON THE DOUBLE!!! SARGE LOATHES SLACKERS!!!

sizzlingina
03-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Salute to Sir Sarge, Sir Surrogate Sarge and Sir Madam Sarge!

Surrogate Sarge- Thank you for the kind words. My motto is "Being 'tired' (aka lazy) all the time is what got me all butt-er-y to begin with! If I can't change THAT, I can't change anything!" So... I'm changing that!

I do have a quick question after doing some reading here and in the older thread. It seems most, if not all, of the other PVTs and SGTs are doing a calorie counting/eating healthier type of lifestyle change. Mine is the Atkin's WOL. Is it ok if I still participate in this challenge? I don't want to get too settled in if my particular WOL isn't an acceptable one. I LOVE this challenge! Sooo motivating!

Thank you Sir Sarge (Surrogate, and Madam) Sir!

tubbaki
03-22-2011, 05:26 PM
pvtTubb or you can call me pvtCHUBB now:(

just back from the gym.
2.2 miles on the elliptical
100 situps on the ab machine
and 15 minutes of weights

will go for another gym session tonight with my friend.
as for now. back to writing my final papers due tomorrow!:(

marywinchester
03-22-2011, 06:06 PM
My day went Ok today. Didn't have so much time for workouts today. Had to babysit my nieces the whole day.. But I did get in 30 min in the gym when I came home. The scale was not moving today but at least no gaining.. So far 3 pounds seems doable for me.. Just have to run some more miles the next coming days.

sizzlingina
03-22-2011, 06:11 PM
PVT Sizzle reporting the afternoon's exercise (Reporting now becaise the mister and I are hoping for an early night and lots of sleep!)

Took my boys on a walk to the park and played for an hour, walked home. Both boys were tired enoygh to take naps at THE SAME TIME! (This almost NEVER happens!!!) So while they were napping I got 2.25 miles in on the treadmill and 190 crunches! Also walked to pick up my daughter from school and did some Wii sports with her! When kiddos go to bed tonight my azz will be back on the treadmill for at least another mile, and 100 more crunches! Still waiting on my workout DVD.. Now it's saying it won't be here til Friday! Grrr.. I can make do with other sweaty exercises til then! Anyone tried Biggest Loser Cardio Max Weight-Less workout? Next up I'm buying a hip hop workout! Those really keep me going!

SiR YES SiR(s)

Resolute
03-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Such a wonderful day today in contrast to yesterday, why i have this penchant for agonizing over decisions until i am mentally ill i will never know, today i stomached my fear and indecision and went straight at the problem head on, turns out most of my turmoil was wrought from within once again, i feel infinitely calmer and more relaxed now.

Hmmm work ran late so it is going to be a shortened evening for sure, just having a quick coffee and some trail mix before i head out for my long walk.

You ladies are extremely chatty today, nice to see everyone with a positive attitude. :)

Cheshirecat
03-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Wow, I had to go through quite a bit of butt-er kicking chatter to get to the end.
Way to put up Platoon!!

My report for the day:

Still tracking my every bite!! Makes me a lot more aware about what is going into my mouth and keeps me from just tossing a few more things in there just because. :o

Walk/run with co-works didn't happen, meetings and such got in the way.
But have no fear---or actually have some fear MadamB!! That won't slow me down and make me a speed bump while you run from the helicopter!:running:

I got my butt-er home and did Cathe Friedrich's Core workout (reverse crunches, crunches, side crunches, planks-whee), an arm workout:lifter: (push up, triceps, biceps, shoulders, back--I worked it) and then got my dancing groove on with Wii Just Dance.:belly:

Pokey--I tried roasting frozen veggies once. Frozen broccoli to be exact--I let it thaw, spritz with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper then put in the oven at 375 for probably 25 minutes. They were okay. Usually I steam frozen veggies or mix them with food. Like dumping them in the pasta water near the end or mixing them with soups. I mashed frozen cauliflower before for a mashed 'potato' side. That turned out pretty good.

rainbowsmiles
03-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Salute to Sir Sarge, Sir Surrogate Sarge and Sir Madam Sarge!

Surrogate Sarge- Thank you for the kind words. My motto is "Being 'tired' (aka lazy) all the time is what got me all butt-er-y to begin with! If I can't change THAT, I can't change anything!" So... I'm changing that!

I do have a quick question after doing some reading here and in the older thread. It seems most, if not all, of the other PVTs and SGTs are doing a calorie counting/eating healthier type of lifestyle change. Mine is the Atkin's WOL. Is it ok if I still participate in this challenge? I don't want to get too settled in if my particular WOL isn't an acceptable one. I LOVE this challenge! Sooo motivating!

Thank you Sir Sarge (Surrogate, and Madam) Sir!

OH PRIVATESIZZLE....I THINK ITS TERRIFIC FOR ANYONE TO FIND ANY WAY THAT WORKS FOR THEM....IN HELPING THEM TO LIVE THE LIFE THEY WANT...SO WE WELCOME ANYONE AND EVERYONE!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-22-2011, 08:18 PM
SiR YES SiR(s)

heehee i am SO LOVING THIS!!! you are racking points i'm certain with sarge....cause WE ALL KNOW SARGE IS WATCHING!!!:drill:

rainbowsmiles
03-22-2011, 08:29 PM
pvtTubb or you can call me pvtCHUBB now:(

:boxing::( :woohoo:
NOW LISTEN HERE PRIVATE TUBB!!! NO MORE FROWNS...YOU HEAR ME PRIVATE??? AND U CAN FORGET ABOUT THAT CH....ITS PRIVATE TUBB....BECAUSE YOU ARE......
T=TRAINING
U=U'R
B=BEAUTIFUL
B=BODY!!!!!
TO BECOME THE BEST THAT YOU CAN BE!!

NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20 PUSHUPS FOR THAT ROTTEN STINKIN' FROWN....AND YOU BETTER COME BACK WITH A SMILE YOU HEAR ME PRIVATE!!!

tubbaki
03-22-2011, 11:21 PM
:boxing::( :woohoo:
NOW LISTEN HERE PRIVATE TUBB!!! NO MORE FROWNS...YOU HEAR ME PRIVATE??? AND U CAN FORGET ABOUT THAT CH....ITS PRIVATE TUBB....BECAUSE YOU ARE......
T=TRAINING
U=U'R
B=BEAUTIFUL
B=BODY!!!!!
TO BECOME THE BEST THAT YOU CAN BE!!

NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20 PUSHUPS FOR THAT ROTTEN STINKIN' FROWN....AND YOU BETTER COME BACK WITH A SMILE YOU HEAR ME PRIVATE!!!

SIR YES SIR! here's the 20 pushups i owe for the frown...
AND an additional hundred crunches for the motivational post, thanks! :)

Cheshirecat
03-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Morning time, morning time!

Hump day is here, so sprint up that hill!

Just finished my breakfast, have to go make my lunch then off to work.
I was good last night. I so wanted a snack, but I dug in and kept saying no, no, no!

Today is a big day for me. 8 mile run. On a new course. Should be mostly grass I hope, so much nicer for the knees.

Have a great, sweat dripping, healthy eating, water guzzling day Platoon!!

ASF
03-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Morning Sarge/Surrogate sarge!

Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday! Sorry! Anyway was at the gym early, 5am! got in my hour of cardio and did 20mins resistance. Then because it was such a beautiful day, played tennis after work. Was great to be able to play outdoors on grass!

Got the day off work today so heading out to play tennis this afternoon and will hit the gym this evening for a boxing session!

Will check in tomorrow!

Resolute
03-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Good morning. :)

This week is really starting to look like a fight as far as making some progress on the scale, My body is definitely holding back because i have stayed the course yet see little if no scale movement.

Against my better judgement i am going to drop down slightly below my BMR in hopes that it jogs loose something, at least for a couple days.

Sticking with it through thick and thin. :dizzy:

rainbowsmiles
03-23-2011, 07:53 AM
:rain:GOOOOOD MORNNG PRIVATES!!!

ITS HUMP DAY!! AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS...:drill:SARGE IS COMING BACK TOMORROW SO GET YOUR SORRY LITTLE BUTT-S UP AND AT 'EM AND GET THOSE BARRACKS BUST 'ARSE CLEAN...SHINE THOSE SHOES...AND DOUBLE TIME IT TO ATTENTION!!!!

I EXPECT REPORTS ON TIME TODAY....TO MAKE SARGE PROUD!!

LETS GO PRIVATES....MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!!!

:running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running:

off to the gym bbl....but i expect to see all of you in MOTION!!!! when i get back!!! and like privatecheshire said....

Have a great, sweat dripping, healthy eating, water guzzling day Platoon!!

MadamButterfly
03-23-2011, 11:22 AM
GOOD MORNING SURROGATE SARGE/ :rain: :)

PRIVATE MADAM-B-GOO REPORTING IN:

WORKOUT: 40 MIN AEROBICS WORKOUT WITH OVER ONE HOUR SHOVELING SNOW (WELL ACTUALLY SLUSH/ICE/SNOW . . . HEAVY, HEAVY, HEAVY . . . . )

FOOD: HEALTHY BREAKFAST & 2 BOTTLES OF H2O . .

MENTAL STATUS: F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-E-D . . . HAVE PUT A CONTRACT OUT ON THE SCALE, (THAT SCALE BETTER START RUNNING) BECAUSE I WILL WIN . . . . . . LOLOLOLOLOL

HOPE EVERYONE IS BUSTIN' BUTT-ER, MAYBE I'M STUCK BUT I'LL BE DA**ed IF I'M GONNA STAY AT 165 . . .

OK, OFF TO DO MY CRUNCHES . . . NO PUSH-UPS TODAY (SNOW SHOVELING TOOK CARE OF THAT)

IT'S HUMP DAY AND I'M HUMPIN MY BUTT-ER . . . ARE YOU????

jennajellybean
03-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Good morning Platoon! Private JellyBean Reporting in!

Started the day off healthy with a scrambled egg, slice of wheat toast with a smidge of butter, 2 slices turkey bacon and some tomato slices! Eating healthy: Check!

Plan on a lot of homework today, but my goal is to get at least 20 mins on an elliptical (going backward, apparently it scorches 7% more calories!) Sweat dripping: Check!

Already had 16 oz of water and on my way to more. Guzzling: Check!

Stick with it Madam! The Scale is a strong foe, but he can and will be defeated!!

I hope everyone has a phenominal and happy Wednesday!! Let's welcome Sarge back in style!!

Over and Out!

dcapulet
03-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Pvt dcap reporting in!

Crazy week, but still on plan! today - cardio and weights at the gym - and now am getting off the computer to get there before the stupid snow does!

sizzlingina
03-23-2011, 12:05 PM
PVT Sizzle Reporting in Sir Sarge and Sir Surrogate Sarge

Had to go to urgent care this morning. Seems PVT SizzleWizzle has pneumonia. WTH?! I can't handle having pneumonia right now!!! Grrr...

Anyway.. I did about .5 mile on the treadmill a while ago and nearly died, I'm gonna rest awhile and give it a go for at least another .5 mile. (Probably more) gonna go work on some crunches now. Those I'm sure I can handle!
This PVT pledged to lose 5 pounds this week and this PVT WILL LOSE 5 pounds this week dangit!

*Salute* SiR YES SiR(s)!

JayTee
03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
SARGE's 3 min. CHECK-IN!

Pvt. SizzleWizzle--Sick Bay Private! Live to exercise another day. Prvt. Rainbow can tell you what it's like to try exercising with pneumonia! Do not, REPEAT do not over do it.

Cheshire, Madame B, Courtney -- picture yourself here when Sarge gets back. You all got some 'splaining to do!
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSw5akeBmQqoHelSf2vJee_fe8VYZyi skqlTFSC-iAVyebi0-G&t=1

Sarge's checklist for day:

60 min. cardio: check
free weights: check
on plan eating yesterday: uh.....even Sarge falls off the wagon sometimes, but I made a pledge to lose at least 1/2 lb while off base, and dang it, I WILL SUCCEED!

Carry on troops! Less computer chat...more gym time!

Sarge

P.S. Sarge actually fed a camel a carrot yesterday...and all I could think about while feeding it was HUMP DAY! lol!

rainbowsmiles
03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
PVT Sizzle Reporting in Sir Sarge and Sir Surrogate Sarge

Had to go to urgent care this morning. Seems PVT SizzleWizzle has pneumonia. WTH?! I can't handle having pneumonia right now!!! Grrr...

Anyway.. I did about .5 mile on the treadmill a while ago and nearly died, I'm gonna rest awhile and give it a go for at least another .5 mile. (Probably more) gonna go work on some crunches now. Those I'm sure I can handle!
This PVT pledged to lose 5 pounds this week and this PVT WILL LOSE 5 pounds this week dangit!

*Salute* SiR YES SiR(s)!

PRIVATE SIZZLE: GO TO BED, GO DIRECTLY TO BED...DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT ANY GERMS...GO STRAIGHT TO BED AND REST!!:faint:

(i recently got over bacterial pneumonia...it had me for nearly 3 weeks...it was terrible...i could barely breathe...exercise or anything that made me need deep breaths...only worsened the cough and headache resulting in tremendous forceful coughing....which made me even weaker....so take my advice...take every single drop of meds....drink your water...and rest...and don't overdo it...or you'll take longer to heal!!)

rainbowsmiles
03-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Private Madam, Private Jellybean, Private Dcap....well Done For Reporting In! Way To Set A Great Example And Earn Those Stripes!!!!

pokeycactus
03-23-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm here!!! And I'm down a pound!!!! wooooo! 204 this morning, which means that I am halfway to my Sunday goal of 203.

Worked out to Zumba yesterday - I am miserably sore from 30DS on Monday. So bad, in fact, that even when I sneeze or giggle, my abs just ache! :lol: Today, Zumba is on the roster again, as well as sticking to my calorie limit.

Writing everything down is helping - I wanted a lemon cookie, but when I realized I'd have to write it down...I didn't eat the lemon cookie. Victory!

rainbowsmiles
03-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Writing everything down is helping - I wanted a lemon cookie, but when I realized I'd have to write it down...I didn't eat the lemon cookie. Victory!

PRIVATE POKEY: WAY TO GO!!

:cheer3: V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!! :cheer3:

i so agree....i know that when i stay accountable to myself by writing down what i am eating...i find i eat less because i don't want to see it in BLACK AND WHITE!!!

plus....i can always go back and double check my entries...and see exactly what triggered me when i get off track!!! way to go!!

PRIVATE RESOLUTE: HOW IS YOUR DAY PRIVATE???

dcapulet
03-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Because of spring break, my school gym has special hours. I "opened" the gym (waited for staff to let me in) and "closed (pretty much got kicked out).

30 min weights in
60 min aerobics DONE!

rainbowsmiles
03-23-2011, 05:36 PM
whew....its been a L-O-N-G day!!!
up and at the gym first thing:
35 mins and 8 miles on bike, 20 mins and 1 mile on treadmill, 35 mins free weights, HiGH 5'S dips, HiGH 5'S jumping jacks, HiGH 5'S crunches, 1 hour 1 mile swim, HiGH 5 extra laps!! HiGH 5'S mins in sauna!!!

THEN: market shopping for a little over an hour...walking and walking the perimeter...and up and down the aisles...i decided to put one item in the buggy and do one lap around the outside of the entire aisles pushing the cart!! i think i went around 22 times!! even thought i only left with 20 items!! whew!!

so i got home, got the grub put away...took a shower...and then intended to rest....but then got a phone call asking if i could babysit for an hour or so....so off i went...

THEN: walking for an hour around town pushing my neighbors baby stroller and little sweet baby....feeding the seagulls....enjoying the beautiful day!!....yikes :yikes: in flip flops....how stupid!! now my feet hurt!!:o

THEN: another neighbor called to see if nigel could walk her doggies...but he was gone to the post office..so guess who stepped up to the plate!!! doggie walking for 40 mins!!!

with nigel out of work....we do all sorts of odd jobs for money!!! so i couldn't say no!!!

back home...and truly exhausted and so happy i have leftovers so no cooking!! BOCA BURRITOS FOR SUPPER YIPPPPIE!!!

OVER AND OUT!! :rain:

lucyford
03-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Just checking in...
man what is this--day 14 of gray gloomy skies and rain?? It's getting depressing!! Not able to make it to the gym today so I'm about to head out for a walk in the rain with my pup but before that I'm going to do an "on demand" workout in my living room.

Resolute
03-23-2011, 06:47 PM
PRIVATE RESOLUTE: HOW IS YOUR DAY PRIVATE???

My day has been average, neither great nor tragic, i did post earlier this morning but sadly can't post when at work, thanks for thinking of me. :hug: You've been busy i see. :p

So just snacked on a dozen rice crackers ( see i'm cutting back even more :p no trail mix today :( ) and am finishing off a cup of joe then it's straight out the door again, at least i'm running a little ahead of yesterday, still i am out of weekend leftovers so will have to prepare something fresh or snoop around in the freezer, i have a hankering for white macaroni so maybe i'll make a box for this evening and lunch tomorrow.

sizzlingina : I too have had Pneumonia, not last summer but the one before, take that stuff serious, get on some meds and try to get some rest, i know it's hard, for me as soon as i layed ( hmmm, is layed even a word ? Seems wrong to me) down the fluid in my lungs would have me coughing so hard i though i was going to rupture something. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Lucyford : Sorry it's so gloomy where you are, i too hate when it is overcast makes everything seem harder, it finally cleared up here today after a spell, forecast did'nt call for it but it's sunny out right now although it is still cold.

MadamButterfly : I hear you loud and clear on the scale hate. :D

pokeycactus : WooHoo - losing a pound is a great feeling. :p And yes i personally write down and tabulate every calorie, just so i know if i am actually in need of nourishment or if its just my mind trying to sabotage me again, it helps.

dcapulet : The last couple days we had snow so i hear your groan loud and clear. :D

jennajellybean : You're making me hungry. :p

JayTee : Missing you. :^:

lucyford
03-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Just finished my low impact day...I took my dog out for 45 mins and did 20 mins of pilates. Just doesn't feel right without the hour at the gym. Although I was still active today I think I'm going to push myself harder tomorrow when I can get back to the gym. Funny...a few months ago I would've thought a 45 min walk with 20 mins of pilates was great and now I feel like I'm cheating?

SMSDREAMER2007
03-23-2011, 08:04 PM
pvt dreamer reporting in sarge's Today hasnt been a grat day on plan wise. I have had a snickers bar and a piece of toast. Sitting down to dinner now. Didn't get to excersize persay but I did walk around the school campus a lot. I had to go into the college to get stuff situated and get registered. I get to go back to school starting tuesday YAY!!!!!! so excited its been a long haul to be able to go back to school. WOOT WOOT I was down a lb yest when I weighed but Then I ate a big bag of chips and I mean all of it...butt.....because ive been so busy today I havnt had much to eat, so I guess it evens WE CAN DO IT PRIVATES LETS GO MELT SOME BUTT-ER!!!

Cheshirecat
03-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Checking in for the end of the day.

Wrote down all my food. It really is keeping me on track. I will keep going. I have a horrible habit of doing great and being all into things for a few weeks then it just slips away. Off goes my attention span to something else.
But I'm still doing good as of right now. I will keep on top of it.

Exercise, done and done.
8 mile run. Whew. A new place though so that was fun.
I will be feeling my legs tomorrow---definitely going to take some time to Strrretch it out.

And definitely guzzling my water down today after that.

VickieLou
03-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Pvt VickieLou reporting for duty. I haven't had a very good week. Saturday I went to a wedding. I did weights and a little cardio but food was a disaster.

Sunday started coming down with a cold. No Exercise and no calorie counting.

My Trainer who I usually meet with 2x a week had a family emergency. So didn't meet with my trainer at all this week.

Then we had a major snowstorm started yesterday with icy roads today. I did 30 minutes cardio on my elliptical at home. But need to work on the food.

I hope next week is a better week. I will weigh in tomorrow and see how I'm doing weight wise. What happened to Spring?

I need a major :kickbutt: by Sarge and the Platoon. I will just keep trying.
Not sure how hard to workout with a cold?

MurpleHaze
03-24-2011, 03:00 AM
Okedoki, didn't get to check in yesterday, and don't remember if I checked in the day before that...Regardless. I've been ridiculously on track. I have my training schedule mapped out. Tuesday I did Cardo Party again, and yesterday did 20 minute with some ab jam. Eating wise has been awesome, and I've been taking my vitamins and drinking at least 2 L o water, with some herbal tea's on top. Needless to say, I'm pretty darn proud of myself. I promise to check in daily from here on out, whether it's just to jot a quick note, or write a lengthy details description of my days. I started an online class to add on to my regular class..so more busy for me..not always a good thing but if it means I'll get done sooner, I'm all for it! Over and out!

drinkypants
03-24-2011, 03:27 AM
Private Loco checking in! I just got back from my workout, and wanted to thank everyone that participates in this thread! I didn't feel like going to the gym, and was just going to go to bed... but thought of Sarge, and Rainbow, and everyone working so hard here.. and put my gym clothes on and went and did 30 minutes cardio + 40 minutes strength machines. Now I am really going to bed lol But thanks everyone for motivating me to just do it!

tubbaki
03-24-2011, 03:33 AM
uh oh...!!!:mad:
can i change my pledge to 1 pound for this upcoming sunday. it'd be a miracle if i stayed the same weight as the last weigh in.

marywinchester
03-24-2011, 04:36 AM
Going really well so far.. Just have to keep myself strong for 3 more days. I've been counting calories and exercising every day so far.. Today the scale showed 143.2, -2.8, only 0.2 left of my pledge!

Cheshirecat
03-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Good Morning Platoon. Rise and Shine. Time to make things Happen!

Dreamer, VickiL and Tubbaki--It's time to make things happen NOW! Today take charge. Exercise. Step away from the junk food! It's junk! Then exercise again. No excuses...you will do it!

Way to go Murple!! You are doing awesome!

CoLo-So glad to hear you made it to the gym! This thread really does help. There has been days I've needed to just read the thread for a few minutes to find my inner will power.

Mary-You got this! 3 days to knock out .2 lbs. Oh yeah, you got this!

My plan of action:
I'm definitely a bit sore from yesterday and Wednesday...so stretching is making a come back in my house big time.
There's a walk planned, plus abs and arms.

JayTee
03-24-2011, 09:34 AM
SARGE IS BACK IN LESS THAN 12 HOURS PLATOON! AND THIS IS WHAT SARGE LOOKS LIKE WHEN HE HEARS WHINY BEGGING TO CHANGE A WEEKLY PLEDGE!

http://img.tfd.com/wn/64/68EFC-drill-instructor.gif

NOW GET YOUR BIG BUTT-ER BUTTS OUT OF BED AND DOUBLE TIME IT TO THE GYM!!!! YOU GOT 4 DAYS TO MAKE WEIGHT!

DISMISSED!!!

Sarge

rainbowsmiles
03-24-2011, 10:09 AM
:rain: YOU HEARD SARGE:drill:

......LET'S MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE WORKING SO HARD AND REPORTING IN....I KNOW IT MUST FEEL SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE GIVING IT YOUR ALL...TO MAKE YOURSELF STRONGER....

KEEP IT UP SQUAD!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-24-2011, 10:24 AM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5014/5555429945_a2171a2b1f.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5555429945/)

WHICH ONE ARE YOU????

rainbowsmiles
03-24-2011, 10:29 AM

CocoLoco = 2
Courtney = 3
Cheshire = 1.5
DCap = 2
Dreamer = 2
KatyTrail =
Lucy = 1
MadameB = 2.2
MaryWin = 3
MichelleD = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
Pokey = 2
RainMILES = 1.5 /// 2.0 STARTING THE SUCCESS OFF RIGHT!!!
Resolute = 4
Sindaena = 1.5
Tubbak = 3
VickieL = 3
Want2beafish = 1.5

ASF = 3.3
CandyCoat= 2
Kris2008= 3.0
Jellybean = 1.5
Murplehaze = 2
MyBodyIsMyTemple = 2
Rose = 3
SizzlinGina = 5

pokeycactus
03-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Checking in! I worked out two hours yesterday and did yard work for a few hours. I did go out with a girlfriend for sushi and martinis, but I had eaten light all day in anticipation, and we didn't go overboard on the sushi and drinks. I wrote everything down!

Today, the plan is working out for at least an hour, and more yard work!

sizzlingina
03-24-2011, 10:46 AM
G'Morning Sarge, Surrogate Sarge and fellow PVTs!

Glad to read that most are being the best they can be!

I walked on treadmill for an hour last night at a snail's speed of 1.5mph.. Too slow to do much good, I'm sure but it will keep me from getting lazy. I felt really good afterward :-)

I hit the barracks early and slept most of the night. Feeling a lot better today, still going to take it easier today.. But will try some slow speed walking again.

I'm really getting worried about my pledge, but will still be the best I can be!!

Have a great day Platoon and let's continue to melt that butt-er!

MadamButterfly
03-24-2011, 10:59 AM
PRIVATE MASTER GOO BUTTERFLY SCALE HATER REPORTING IN:

EXERCISE: No More Trouble Zones: CHECK
WATER: 2 BOTTLES THUS FAR
VITAMINS: CHECK
SCALE HATING LEVEL: 10+
DETERMINATION LEVEL: 10+

OK, As soon as I'm done posting I'm off do hop on the bike until I can't pedal anymore, then breakfast & a HOT shower, SARGE will be back before I'm finished with work tonight and she'll be gunnin' for me so I'd better get my SAGGIN' BIG BUTT-ER RUNNIN' NOW . . . LOLOLOLOL

Lucy: Great job getting out, even in the rain . . . dreary days are hard, BUT SARGE won't take cloudy skies as an excuse . . . KEEP GOIN' GIRL

SMSDreamer: STEP AWAY FROM THE SNICKERS . . . SNICKERS ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND . . . WILLPOWER BABY . . . YOU CAN DO IT

Cheshirecat: Great job on the run and tracking all your food . . .

VickiLou: OH MY if you're not careful you'll be runnin' with me & Chesirecat . . . snowy/icy roads, weddings . . . NOT EXCUSES, TRY WRITING DOWN EVERYTHING YOU EAT IN A LITTLE NOTEBOOK OR SOMETHING (it's working for Cheshire) SO GET YOUR BIG BUTT-ER UP AND MOVE, :kickbutt: MARCH AROUND THE HOUSE (knees high), crunches, push-ups, dips. Stand up during commercials and do jumping jacks, jumping rope . . . whatever it takes . . . MELT THAT BUTT-ER NOW PRIVATE :kickbutt:
Oh, you must live close to me as we had the same storm . . . nasty

MurpleHaze: Glad you checked in, GOOD JOB KEEPIN' ON TRACK, SARGE WILL BE HAPPY!!!

CocoLoco: FUNNY HOW YOU HEAR SARGE & RAINBOW IN THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD, I KNOW I DO . . . . TALK ABOUT ACCOUNTABILITY . . . JUST KEEP MOVIN' AND MELT THAT BUTT-ER

Tubbaki: Oh, my I don't think SARGE is happy about changing your pledge . . . LOLOLOLOL . . . maybe you just have to bite the bullet and start runnin' from that HELICOPTER NOW . . . SARGE WILL BE BACK SOON AND I IMAGINE THE HELICOPTER WILL BE GASSED UP AND READY TO GO . . . GET MOVIN' PRIVATE . . . :kickbutt:

MaryW: I don't think you're gonna have to run from the HELICOPTER & SARGE THIS WEEK . . . YOU CAN DO IT . . . WAY TO GO. WOOHOO!!!!

SARGE: What can I say; RUNNIN' AS FAST AS I CAN BECAUSE I KNOW THERE'S A TARGET ON MY BACK . . . I'M TAKING ALL THAT ANGER & FRUSTRATION AT THE SCALE AND MELTIN' BUTT-ER AS BEST I CAN . . . I JUST HOPE I CAN RUN FASTER THAN CHESHIRE . . . LOLOLOLOLOL :rofl:

tubbaki
03-24-2011, 12:36 PM
PRIVATE MASTER GOO BUTTERFLY SCALE HATER REPORTING IN:

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][SIZE="2"][B]Tubbaki: Oh, my I don't think SARGE is happy about changing your pledge . . . LOLOLOLOL . . . maybe you just have to bite the bullet and start runnin' from that HELICOPTER NOW . . . SARGE WILL BE BACK SOON AND I IMAGINE THE HELICOPTER WILL BE GASSED UP AND READY TO GO . . . GET MOVIN' PRIVATE . . . :kickbutt:

pvt butterfly, i love your name, it's so funny:D
ahhh i better get taht head start... as in NOW! ahhh RUNNNNN!
i'll try my BEST to meet the pledge even though it's seems like it's out of my reach.
thanks for the kick in the BUTT-er, i needed that.

& & &
morning platoon!
so i'm officially sick... ughhhh! there's a nasty flu going around, so everyone stay healthy! & continue to melt that BUTT-er :cheer2:
gonna head to the gym for a half hour session later

at the moment this is what i feel like:dizzy:

dcapulet
03-24-2011, 05:57 PM
waaaaaaaah...

I'm tired
I'm sleepy
I don't want to work out!

I need someone in my face to make me. Whom ever will it be?

ASF
03-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Evening Sarge, surrogate sarge and platoon!!!

Just checking in! Had a boxing workout this morning with my trainer. I dont think there's a better way to start a morning! Never thought I'd enjoy boxing as much as I do! This afternoon, I played tennis for 45mins but had to stop when I got a shooting pain in my knee.

Hope everyone's doing ok!

rainbowsmiles
03-24-2011, 06:25 PM
waaaaaaaah...

I'm tired
I'm sleepy
I don't want to work out!

I need someone in my face to make me. Whom ever will it be?

LISTEN UP PRIVATE DCAP.....GET UP RIGHT NOW...AND DOUBLE TIME IT TO GET THOSE EXERCISES DONE AND REPORT BACK BEFORE 2100 HOURS AND THATS AN ORDER!!!!

YOU THINK SARGE CARES IF YOU ARE TIRED???

NO :nono:

YOU THINK SARGE CARES OF YOU ARE SLEEPY??

NO!!! :nono:

YOU THINK SARGE CARES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK OUT???

DOUBLE NO :nono: :nono:

WHAT SARGE :drill: DOES CARE ABOUT IS DOUBLE TIME AND MAKING IT HAPPEN....NOW MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!!!!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Private Loco checking in! I just got back from my workout, and wanted to thank everyone that participates in this thread! I didn't feel like going to the gym, and was just going to go to bed... but thought of Sarge, and Rainbow, and everyone working so hard here.. and put my gym clothes on and went and did 30 minutes cardio + 40 minutes strength machines. Now I am really going to bed lol But thanks everyone for motivating me to just do it!
NOW THATS THE
ROCKIN' GET'ER'DONE ATTITUDE
THAT MAKES SARGE :drill: PROUD!!!
WAY TO GO COCOLOCO!!
:yay:

JayTee
03-24-2011, 07:32 PM
PLATOON, ATTEN' HUT! SARGE IS BACK AND HIS EYES ARE BLEEDING READING WHINY NONSENSE LIKE, "I DIDN'T WANNA WORK OUT" and "SOMEONE MAKE ME WORKOUT"

SO TOMORROW WE BECOME THE "PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENT PLATOON!" YES, THAT'S RIGHT WE'LL ALL BE TAKING ON SOME ADDITIONAL "INCENTIVE TRAINING" if you catch Sarge's drift...

Step 1 -- Write down your pledge on a small piece of paper. This "performance tracker" will be carried on your person at all times. When you feel that whiny, excuse making flaring up or the smell of that of off-plan food wafting up your nostrils you'll pat that piece of paper on your being and do the RIGHT THING!!!!!

Other than that, hit the sack early troops. Revelry 0500!

Sarge

P.S. If it makes you feel any better, Sarge will be performing three-a-days because he just got on the scale and this is what he saw:

http://www.draxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/feet-on-scale-225x150.jpg

Resolute
03-24-2011, 08:39 PM
I bring shame upon myself this week, i have stayed on plan and walked every evening and yet my body refuses to nudge, in fact i am sitting at 240 right now, i guess i am paying for that freakish 7 pound week now :?:.

This will in no way deter me... in fact i will struggle even more ferociously moving forward, if this fat wants a fight i will bring it hard, i am determined to post a loss of any sort this week even if only a pound :(.

Feel pretty good lately otherwise. :^:

dcapulet
03-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Thank you Sarge and Rainbow - I WILL NOT NEED ANOTHER!
40 min in - I LOVE TO WORK OUT

no excuses!

rainbowsmiles
03-24-2011, 09:06 PM
well done dcap!!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-24-2011, 09:08 PM
WELCOME BACK S-A-R-G-E!!!! :drill:

:yay: yipeeee :dance:

SARGE IS BACK IN DA HOUSE!!!

dcapulet
03-24-2011, 09:16 PM
thank you rainbow!

welcome back sarge!

lucyford
03-24-2011, 09:45 PM
just here to report i got 60 mins of intense cardio in today. it was great, and i feel amazing. i have really been pushing myself running wise and i'm loving that i can see progress in my cardiovascular endurance.

kris2008
03-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Checking in:

Food great every day this week. CHECK!

Exercised every day this week but today, just not as much as pledged. Have been getting 45 - 60 minutes of hard cardio. Whipping my butt! Strength exercises, not so much.

Pledge at least 60 minutes of cardio Friday and Saturday. :woops:

Pledge 20 min strength exercises. :strong:

Pledge 20-25 minutes yoga. :yoga:

Each day.

MurpleHaze
03-25-2011, 12:11 AM
New Day! Well, took my vitamins, 1L down, and 8 hours to drink the other 1L. Did a turbojam video today. Ate well, and feel awesome. Plan for tomorrow is another video, and some training at the gym and possibly outside (I'm gonna do the ING rock n roll 1/2 marathon in Philly in September so better get my butt-er in gear as I don't really run yet hahahaha). Those are my goals for tomorrow. Of course with my vitamins, and water as well! The encouragement here rocks BTW! I love coming on here and reading about everyone's accomplishments and how everyone pushes you to be a better person. On that note, MurpleHaze over and out!! Oh and welcome back Sarge!

MadamButterfly
03-25-2011, 12:14 AM
WELCOME BACK SARGE . . . DON'T WORRY, I KNOW THERE IS A BIG TARGET ON MY BACK . . . YUP, I'M DOUBLE TIMIN' IT . . .

RAINBOWSMILES: :rain: :D I THINK THIS PRIVATE NEEDS TO BORROW THAT SLEDGE HAMMER . . . . LOLOLOLOL . . . I'M GONNA BEAT THE GOSH DARN CRAP OUT THE THAT *&#@#* SCALE, BESIDES THAT WILL BE ANOTHER WORKOUT . . . :lol3:

OK SARGE I'M HITTIN' THE RACKS RIGHT NOW, I TOO AM DOIN' DOUBLE & TRIPLE WORKOUTS ON FRIDAY, SATURDAY & SUNDAY . . . I'M OFF ALL THREE DAYS SO IT'S GONNA HAPPEN . . . I'VE GOT A FIRE UP MY ARSE AND IT'S GONNA GET UGLY . . . .

NIGHT EVERYONE . . . :wave:

drinkypants
03-25-2011, 03:18 AM
Welcome Back Sarge!! I like your nail polish :p

Resolute, just hang in there! My body did that to me, I stayed on plan, and lost 1lb last week.. the week before I had lost 3, and done the exact same things. Bodies definitely rebel!

I am so glad I did that workout last night, because when I woke up I was down to my first mini goal of no longer being morbidly obese w00t ... I still need to get down 1 more pound for my weeks pledge, so I am going to keep working hard! I did a 30min elliptical workout today.. tomorrow I am going do to an hour!

All of hard workers above me, you help motivate me to stay on plan, thanks! (and the fear of Sarge of course lol)

Cheshirecat
03-25-2011, 07:22 AM
TGIF
Trying to Get Incredible Figures! :D

Yay for Fridays!
Still tracking away and I'm loving it. I have been so craving night time snacks these last two days. But I think of my little notebook and the scale and of course of you guys and Sarge and I find the power to resist!

My legs are still a bit sore, but another round of stretching will help them out today. Abs and arms, but some Wii Just Dance is on the schedule for me.

Have a great Friday everyone! Melt ALL the butt-er!

marywinchester
03-25-2011, 07:43 AM
up 0.4 this morning. But that's okay since I worked late yesterday and had a later dinner than usually.. So only 0.6 from my goal this week.. Will make that happen with swimming 1K and take a long walk today, Then tomorrow I'll hit the gym and run a 5K, that will get the weight of before the weighin on sunday morning.

Resolute
03-25-2011, 07:50 AM
up 0.4 this morning. But that's okay since I worked late yesterday and had a later dinner than usually.. So only 0.6 from my goal this week.. Will make that happen with swimming 1K and take a long walk today, Then tomorrow I'll hit the gym and run a 5K, that will get the weight of before the weighin on sunday morning.

I like your no nonsense attitude mary. :) Gave me a lift this morning. You too Chesire, your morning check in ... it's uplifting knowing there are others out there who are working at it as well, you always seem so upbeat.

Good morning everyone. These are the days of our lives. :D

Cocoloco : I have been really lucky so far with weekly losses and hitting goals so it is a little unsettling is all, i will simply stick to what has been working in the time being and hope it resumes somewhat shortly. :)

rainbowsmiles
03-25-2011, 07:54 AM
GOOD MORNING SARGE :drill: WELCOME BACK SiR!!

PRIVATE RAIN :rain: OFF TO THE GYM SiR TO GET
STRONGER! :strong:

rainbowsmiles
03-25-2011, 08:05 AM
i'm loving that i can see progress....

privatelucy.....thats the right attitude to have...now hang on to that thought...it cn drive you to accomplish so much!!;)

privatekris08.....what an awesome sense of pride to pledge our workouts!! now get out there and make it happen!!! :p

madambutterfy... :kickbutt: listen up private...you don't need a sledgehammer on that scale...yu ened to use it on your 'arse!! bahahaha :rofl: not get it in gear private!!!

Bodies definitely rebel!

private cocoloco....way to :kickbutt: kick that rebel attitude private!! well done!!!
you keep that FEAR OF SARGE!! bahahaha BEWARE THE WRATH OF SARGE!!!

TGIF
I find the power to resist!

privatecheshirecat....thanks for reminding us to FIND THE POWER!!!

up 0.4 this morning.Will make that happen

privatemary.....THIS IS IMPRESSIVE!! WELL DONE PRIVATE!! LOVE THE ~WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN~ ATTITUDE!!! SO INSPIRING!!

privateresolute....have a great day private!

everyone up and at'em and get that last chance workout done!!

JayTee
03-25-2011, 09:43 AM
GOOOOOD MORNING PLATOOON! So good to be back, so good to be reading such positive posts this morning!

Rainbow--thank you again for taking the helm in Sarge's absence! You are an excellent motivator and as co-founder of this thread I applaud the support you give to everyone. Also, a special mention -- I do believe with your 2lb loss already posted for this week you hit the 50lbs lost mark! CONGRATULATIONS PRIVATE!!!!!

Kris--I'm loving the pledging of workouts! I've got about 10 minutes before I pledge to stay at the gym until I drop 5 lbs. today.

Cheshire + MadamB--Sarge may have put on too many pounds while off base to run fast enough to catch you...lol. In doing some official military research this morning I did discover that the Air Force has a special program for "set backs" and privates needing to be "recycled"... hmmmmm.

Resolute--Glad to be back and reading your posts. No matter what the day throws at you I know you're working toward your goal and it makes me push harder.

MaryWin, CocoLoco, Murple, lucy--Thanks for checking in! I love the enthusiasm...it keeps some of us who have been at this for 10 weeks and longer really motivated!

Ok....I've stalled long enough. I can literally hear my "machines" calling me. They are hungry for me to feed them calories.

Carry on troops...Melt That Butt-er!

Sarge

MadamButterfly
03-25-2011, 10:41 AM
SARGE & SURROGATE SARGE/ :rain: :)

AS I POSTED LAST NIGHT I AM ON A MISSION AND GOING TO USE THAT SLEDEGE HAMMER ON MY OWN ARSE AS RECOMMENDED BY :rain: :) :rofl:

WORKOUTS TODAY:

ROUND 1: JM's 30 DAY SHRED, LEVEL 1, 2 & 3, USING 5 POUND WEIGHTS FOR ALL LEVELS, ALL WARM-UPS & COOL DOWNS, ONE 5 MIN BREAK BETWEEN LEVEL 2 & LEVEL 3: COMPLETED!!!!

WATER: FINISHING 3RD BOTTLE NOW
VITAMINS: CHECK
HEALTHY BREAKFAST: CHECK

NOW OFF TO THE SHOWER, START LAUNDRY, THEN A FAST WALK TO GROCERY STORE WITH BACK PACK AND SLEDGE HAMMER IN TOW TO START ROUND 2 . . . WILL REPORT BACK AFTER ROUND 2 . . .

pokeycactus
03-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Before I say anything else, I want to say THANK YOU to all of you for the support and motivation, because I hit my goal for the week!!!!! Two pounds down!!!!!! I'm at 203 as of this morning.

I'm not going to slack off though! I'm going to keep right at it and see if I can get a bit lower before Sunday a.m.!

At any rate, 203 was a nice number to see this morning.

JayTee
03-25-2011, 01:19 PM
WOOOOO HOOOOO PRIVATE POKEY SUCCESS STORY!!!!!! SARGE IS DARN PROUD OF YOU FOR HAVING REACHED OUT FOR SUPPORT AND FINDING IT HERE!!!! KEEP GOING!

MadameB -- I may need to borrow your sledge hammer, but you got nothing on Sarge in the gym today! Round 1: 90 min cardio (stairmaster&treadmill), 20 min free weights, 150 of your damn crunches! Machine cal burned so far 1,274 (and down 4 vacation pounds with many more to go but it was SO worth it). Changing into dry gear and going back to gym this afternoon to make more headway toward my pledge.

One, two, three, four...when you think you're done, do ten more! Hup... ....hup...hup....

drinkypants
03-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Woo Hooo Rainbow for hitting the 50lb mark, and passing it!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

dcapulet
03-25-2011, 03:28 PM
pvt dcap reporting in!

so much success, I'm running in place to keep up!

going to get offline to get on the workout :exercise:

MadamButterfly
03-25-2011, 03:59 PM
RAINBOWSMILES
CONGRATULATIONS
200 STICKS O BUTT-ER MELTED AWAY

WORKOUTS TODAY:

ROUND 1: JM's 30 DAY SHRED, LEVEL 1, 2 & 3, USING 5 POUND WEIGHTS FOR ALL LEVELS, ALL WARM-UPS & COOL DOWNS, ONE 5 MIN BREAK BETWEEN LEVEL 2 & LEVEL 3: COMPLETED!!!!

ROUND 2: 3+ MILE WALK TO GROCERY STORE CARRYING SLEDGE HAMMER AND BACKPACK FULL OF GOOD FRUITS & VEGGIES, (20 LBS) THEN 30 MIN ON THE BIKE, 400 CRUNCHES - COMPLETED!!!

BRING IT ON SARGE . . . LOCK & LOAD . . . . LOLOLOLOLOL

WILL BE BACK LATER TO POST ROUND 3

rainbowsmiles
03-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Woo Hooo Rainbow for hitting the 50lb mark, and passing it!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

thank you coco:hug:....and madam butterfly...:hug:....and sarge....:hug::hug:

it has surely been a LONG 10 weeks at the biggest loser red team ranch in my opinion!! haha

when i came back to 3fc in dec...i had wanted to get down to 350 for my birthday which is tuesday....and i passed that goal!! yay :yay: me!!

since i started back on dec.1, 2010 i have only had one gain when i hit that christmas speedbump...but it didn't last long!..and i was right back at it. i am going to work hard to finish the red team biggest loser challenge...for the next 2 weeks...and then i am going to give my body a 2 week rest from "trying to lose" and focus on maintaining...before jumping back in for another 10-12 weeks full speed ahead!! i have read many sites that suggest a body truly needs a "recovery" time after 3 months of losing weight, to help prevent plateaus and to help your metabolism stay at its new setpoint. in the past, i have lost some weight, but have never been able to maintain and not gain, as soon as i stop "trying to lose." i hope that this time, i can learn how to maintain this NEW LIFESTYLE....and just eat normally without having to micro-manage every calorie!!

it was a bit daunting in the beginning... because i had a hard time not looking at the whole picture...and one thing i have learned from the amazing ladies here at 3fc, is to just take it one pound at a time...and stop looking at how far i have to go....and just focus on what i can do right now!!

then an amazing thing started happening...a little this week and a little the next....just a little...and now 51 pounds are gone! i am over the moon happy. i can fit into the tub with room to spare on BOTH sides of me now!! i can tie my own shoes with ease, i can walk 2 miles without getting winded...i can wear my seatbelt now! i can do a few jumping jacks!! which i never imagined would happen at my weight!! i stand a little taller and feel a LOT prouder. it is such a good feeling. i have earned my PALA AWARD AND BRONZE MEDAL AWARD and am currently hard at work on my SILVER!

sarge....i want to personally thank you....FOR EVERYTHING!! i don't know that i truly could have dug in a few weeks back and stayed the course without YOU.

everyone stay strong!! and melt that butt-er!!

Just starting this winter....and my weigh in day is on wednesdays
December 1: Starting Weight 387.9
December 8: 380.9 :)
December 15: 372.2 :)
December 22: 369.1 :)
December 29: (last winter weigh in date): 378.3 YIKES
January 5: 374.1 goodbye christmas splurge!!
January 12: 367.9 :D
January 19: 361.9 :D
January 26: 358.8 :D
February 2: 354.5 :D
February 9: 350.8 :D
February 16: 347.1 :D
February 23: 346.5 :D
March 2: 345.5 :D
March 9: 339.1 :D
March 16: 338 :D
March 23: 336 :D 50 pounds gone!!!!! 10.23% body fat gone!! :D :yay:
March 30: my birthday (march 29) week weigh in!! GOAL 350 :):dance:

tubbaki
03-25-2011, 04:17 PM
congrats rainbowmiles!! :carrot:
& welcome back sarge.

it's been a pretty rough week for me! went on a crazy 3 day binge and gained back all the weight i worked so hard to get off!!:mad: haven't been goign to the gym cause i got sick a few days ago, BUT toughed it out and dragged my BUTT-er there today!

elliptical: 2.2 miles
bike: 2.5 miles
& probably gonna pop in an exercise DVD tonight.

Keep up the good work platoon! :broc:
TWO more days til weigh in!

rainbowsmiles
03-25-2011, 04:17 PM
BRING IT ON SARGE . . . LOCK & LOAD . . . . LOLOLOLOLOL

OH MY JOLLY-GOOD-NESS...MADAM....YOU ARE JUST TEMPTING SARGE :drill: NOW....I'M DUCKING FOR COVER!! :yikes:

LOCK & LOAD....SERIOUSLY???
DOUBLE YIKES!!
:yikes: :yikes:

MadamButterfly
03-25-2011, 04:25 PM
RAINBOW . . . YOU BETTER DUCK BECAUSE I'M SWINGIN' SLEDGE HAMMERS & MELTIN' BUTT-ER & IF THAT SCALE THINKS IT'S GONNA WIN . . . IT BETTER THINK AGAIN . . . BESIDES, I'M FEELIN' INVINCIBLE TODAY . . . LOLOLOLOLOL

OH AND YOU ARE SO INSPIRING . . .

JayTee
03-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Rainbow -- :) :) :) ... we'll see about that "time off" tho... lol. I'm gonna be standing there waiting for you to cross into the 2's!!!

MadamB -- Lock & load my @#! ... Round 2 here, 45 more cardio min. + extra 50 crunches + stealth 100 calf raises at the Gap. Total "machine" cals burned today = 1610 (and down another vacation pound). Round 3 still possible. Your move...bring it!

Prvt. Tubak--way to tough it out and drag your sorry butt-er to the gym! Most excellent news.

Carry on platoon...just hours til weigh-in!

Resolute
03-25-2011, 05:56 PM
OMG you girls are all so awesome . :hug:

:dizzy: from all the positive vibes. :D

I'm so happy for you rainbow, i know intimately how much each thing you listed means. ;) Keep strong it just gets better and better. :hug: But i'm with Jaytee on the "rest" bit, personally i won't take my foot off the gas till i finish this race. :p

Don't want to get hit by the crossfire in here today. :D Felt a little deflated when i came home today but have been given a great shot in the arm of energy from you all. http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/715/heartwml.gif

Resolute
03-25-2011, 05:57 PM
RAINBOW . . . YOU BETTER DUCK BECAUSE I'M SWINGIN' SLEDGE HAMMERS & MELTIN' BUTT-ER & IF THAT SCALE THINKS IT'S GONNA WIN . . . IT BETTER THINK AGAIN . . . BESIDES, I'M FEELIN' INVINCIBLE TODAY . . . LOLOLOLOLOL

OH AND YOU ARE SO INSPIRING . . .

Talk about bringing your "A" game, you go girl. :p

Time to listen to some AC/DC and get pumped up i think... gonna go walk my *** off.

I was caught
In the middle of a railroad track -Thunder
I looked 'round,
And I knew there was no turning back -Thunder
My mind raced
And I thought what could I do? -Thunder
And I knew
There was no help, no help from you -Thunder
Sound of the drums
Beatin' in my heart
The thunder of guns!
Tore me apart
You've been - thunderstruck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RukUetw0hAM

JayTee
03-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Hiya Reso-- Get your walk on man! We'll be waiting here when you get back! OMG, another AC/DC fan...Shook me all night long, Highway to ****, Party Everyday...and so many more!
And don't worry about getting caught in the crossfire...I'm an expert marksman...lots of practice shooting tin cans off posts in Wyoming!

sizzlingina
03-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Good Evening All! Sarge, SiR!

Its been a rough 24hrs for me. 100% sticking to my diet, so that's one positive. I got extremely sick to my stomach around 300 hours. It was BAD. Haven't been able to do any walking today out of fear and absolute sleep deprivation. I laid down with my little boys around 1100 hours and my fiance came poking me at 1600 hours thinking I was dead. Luckily, I wasn't. ;-)

So, I've only got 40ish ounces of water in me all day (working on more now)

I stepped on the scale a few minutes ago and weighed 231 exactly! Soooo, I met my 5pound pledge! But I can't take much credit (like I said, very sick stomach!) My wish is to be completely out of 230's this week by Sunday, but we weill just have to see if I start feeling better.

Off to work on some water!

*Salute* Sarge & Fellow PVTs!

PS.. Congrats on passing that 50 pound marker Surrogate Sarge!!

JayTee
03-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Hey Sizzlefizzle---Can I borrow that flu for 24 hrs....it may help me toward my pledge instead of 3-a-days! Congrats on making your pledge, but feel better!

Anyone heard from Courtney or Peanutt lately? Also, where's Dreamer, ASF, Fitness4Life and a few other MIA's...hmmmmmmmmmmmm? Roll Call!!!!

Sarge

MadamButterfly
03-25-2011, 08:06 PM
SARGE;
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU . . . I ALMOST BLEW OFF ROUND 3, BUT I CAN'T RESIST WHEN THE GAUNTLET HAS BEEN THROWN . . . AND IF THIS DOESN'T MAKE THAT SCALE MOVE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THEN . . . UM . . . ER . . . I GUESS I'LL BE DOIN' 3 ROUNDS TOMORROW TOOOOOO . . . THAT IS IF I CAN MOVE . . . . LOLOLOLOLOL

WORKOUTS TODAY:

ROUND 2: 3+ MILE WALK TO GROCERY STORE CARRYING SLEDGE HAMMER AND BACKPACK FULL OF GOOD FRUITS & VEGGIES, (20 LBS) THEN 30 MIN ON THE BIKE, 400 CRUNCHES - COMPLETED!!!

ROUND 3: BIGGEST LOSER CARDIO MAX, ALL 3 LEVELS, 50 MINUTES TOTAL (40 MINUTES CARDIO) . . . COMPLETED!!!!!!

I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE, I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOO DONE!!

I DON'T KNOW IF ALL THIS WILL HELP BUT WHAT I DO KNOW IS THAT I DID SOOOOOOO MANY LUNGES TODAY THAT I AM GONNA HAVE A REALLY CUTE TINY HINY . . . . . . LOLOLOLOLOL

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT NIGHT . . . GOING TO SOAK IN THE TUB FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR AND DRINK A NICE HOT CUP OF TEA . . .

SWEET DREAMS EVERYONE !!!!!

JayTee
03-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Da*n you Butterfly---now I gotta lace up the boots and head outside after dinner! CR*P! Can't you just lay down and die????

Cheshirecat
03-25-2011, 08:41 PM
:carrot: Wow, Battle Royal going on between Sarge and MadamB--
Round 3::boxing:

:dance: Way to go Rainbow on 51 lbs down! Huge accomplishment, I enjoyed reading your post and cheering for you!!

:carrot: Great job Pokey too for getting down to 203! You are so toeing that line!

My report for the day Sarge:
Still tracking it all. I snitched one animal cracker from the kiddos snack today...but only one. I stopped before I started shoveling them in!

Did my ab DVD, arm DVD and then 30 minutes Just Dancing on my Wii.
Plus a round of stretching for my legs.

rainbowsmiles
03-25-2011, 09:07 PM
:boxing: BOOT CAMP SMACKDOWN!! :boxing:

:drill: :df:

SARGE VS MADAMBUTTERFLY

:strong:SLEDGEHAMMERS SLINGING... GAUNTLETS THROWN....:o

:carrot:SWEAT DRIPPING.... BUTT-ER MELTING....FAT POUNDING....:carrot:

:dance:EXCITEMENT!!!!:dance:

can't wait until weigh in time!!

PLACE YOUR BETS!!! bahahahahaha

WHO WILL WIN THE FIGHT????

rainbowsmiles
03-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Thank you Cheshirecat, Tubbaki, SizzleSizzle, Resolute,....thank you ALL FOR BEING SO ENCOURAGING AND INSPIRING!! It means a LOT to me....and I truly appreciate everyone here!!:hug:

Madam....enjoy your bubble bath!! woohoooo you deserve it!!:hug:

Sarge SiR!!....I have every bit of faith in YOU SiR!!! SiR YES SiR!! YOU WiLL GET iT DONE!! WHATEVER iT TAKES!!!:hug:

MadamButterfly
03-25-2011, 09:51 PM
OMG SARGE . . . YOU CRACK ME UP, I'M LAUGHING SOOOO HARD . . . BESIDES I DON'T WANT YOU TO CATCH ME WITH THAT DA*N HELICOPTER . . . . :rofl: . . .

OH RAINBOW, MY BET IS ON THE SARGE . . . THE DA*N SCALE & I ARE AT WAR . . . . BUT I WILL PREVAIL AND STRANGLE THAT SCALE INTO SUBMISSION . . . EVEN IF IT KILLS ME . . . .

BUBBLE BATH WAS JUST WHAT I NEEDED, NOW AS LONG AS ALL MY MUSCLES DON'T CRAMP UP WHILE I GET SOME SHUT EYE, THEN ALL WILL BE WELL IN THE MORNING . . . . REVELLE AT 0500 SARGE . . . <snickering> LOLOLOLOLOL . . . YOU KNOW WE LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU SARGE . . .

JayTee
03-25-2011, 09:57 PM
MadameGoo--No mas on the cardio, nothing left there, but did get a 1 mile stroll, an extra 50 crunches, and 15 on purpose trips up and down house stairs until my family started questioning my sanity so I say you win Round 3!

Battle Royale to be continued tomorrow. I gotta a 10K planned at a pace to be determined. What say you?

Last chance workouts tomorrow platoon. Sarge is downing 3 advil and calling it a day!

Cheshirecat
03-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Good Morning Platoon, Get up and Get out There!

It's Saturdays, I can hear the birds chirping outside my window and exercise is calling my name and yours!

I have a 5k race this morning with some friends from work. So I'm eating some oatmeal right now, then I'm off.
I have my trusty notebook and will track, track, track. Weekend eating is a downfall for me. But not this weekend...oh no. I will have a loss this weekend and it will be awesome.

Resolute
03-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Hiya Reso-- Get your walk on man! We'll be waiting here when you get back! OMG, another AC/DC fan...Shook me all night long, Highway to ****, Party Everyday...and so many more!
And don't worry about getting caught in the crossfire...I'm an expert marksman...lots of practice shooting tin cans off posts in Wyoming!

Good morning fellow combatants.

Of course i like AC/DC silly, this song in particular strikes a chord in me, not only in matching the beat whilst walking, the slow steady start and the meaning i take from " There was no help, no help from you ", cause lets face it once everything is said and done it's on each of us personally to pull strength from within to face the fight. This reminds me implicitly that it's all on me and i seem able to draw extra reserves just in the realization.

Bleh, anyways i still sit at 239 this week, i have a hard time believing it but there you have it, still going to put in another over the top double duty day in hopes that i can show some forward momentum even if only a pound.

Knock me down i get back up.

Props out to sizzlingina for hitting her number, early this week no less, great job girl. :D

Cheshire : Had to laugh at your shovelling them in comment, reminds me of myself, i try hard to eat slowly now as opposed to inhaling things as was my previous MO.

Edit : Cheshire dang you get up early ! Seem to preempt me every day.

JayTee
03-26-2011, 09:16 AM
HI HO HI HO IT'S OFF TO THE GYM WE GO...LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS!!!!!

CURRENT STATUS OF THE PLEDGE BOARD

PLEDGES FOR WEEK 3 - 3/20-3/27:
Sarge = .5 (Ruh-roh Scooby Doo!)

CocoLoco = 2
Courtney = 3
Cheshire = 1.5
DCap = 2
Dreamer = 2
KatyTrail =
Lucy = 1
MadameB = 2.2 /// (bringing the hammer)
MaryWin = 3 /// (-2.8 so far and still counting)
MichelleD = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
Pokey = 2 /// (-2 already & still counting!)
RainMILES = 1.5 /// (-2.0) STARTING THE SUCCESS OFF RIGHT!!!
Resolute = 4 /// (gulp!)
Sindaena = 1.5
Tubbak = 3
VickieL = 3
Want2beafish = 1.5

ASF = 3.3
CandyCoat= 2
Kris2008= 3.0
Jellybean = 1.5
Murplehaze = 2
MyBodyIsMyTemple = 2
Rose = 3
SizzlinGina = 5 /// (-7.2) WOW!

MAKE IT HAPPEN PLATOON!

VickieLou
03-26-2011, 10:05 AM
:congrat: RainbowSmiles on Losing 50 LBS of Butt-er!

Pvt VickieLou reporting for duty. I'm going to the gym soon. Feeling better today. Only worked out once this week. Have a cold. Food did terrible. Have a Goal of getting to 219 by 3/31. Let's melt some Butt-er Platoon and Sarge.

sizzlingina
03-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Good Morning Sarge and fellow PVTs!

Feeling soooo much better today! Hoping I can get in some moderate walking! We're taking a 'one night getaway tonight so I won't be around too much tomorrow if at all :-(
Making the mister do some mall walking with me. He's VERY excited! Not!

Sarge I wouldn't give that stomach bug to ANYone. It was awful!

Resolute- thank you :) Don't give up on that scale just yet. You have lost a LOT of weight. Your body is just trying to catch up! I bet you will have a fabulous week next week!

Glad to see some early birds up and at em early!

Sarge, I'm going to post my weigh in now since I won't be around tomorrow much...

*drum roll please*

228.8... Down 7.2 pounds!

...Thanks to the icky stomach!
( Had to take pic cause even I didn't believe it, hehe)
Just realized I can't post pics because I don't have 25 postS :-(

off to do some walking! Have agreat day everyone!
Sarge! SiR YES SiR!

JayTee
03-26-2011, 10:54 AM
WAY TO GO SIZZLE!!!! ABOVE & BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY!!!

Sarge off to 10K now and NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT BUT KICKING OWN @#!

Cheshirecat
03-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Wow, Sizzle--your are sizzling down your waist with that loss this week (yuck that you had a stomach bug though!)

Resolute-Ha, I did beat you by a few minutes getting on this morning--tomorrow I will be sleeping in a bit more if I have any say in it.
And I completely hear you on eating slower. That was one of the things I really had to work on. I much better--but at times I still just find myself trying to put the food in as fast as I can and I have to stop myself. (especially when I'm hungry)

Just got back from my 5k--great course. Out over some water, good weather too. I came in around 26:48--so not too shabby.
They had quite a spread after the run, but I grabbed an apple instead of the cookies, chips or hotdogs. Whew.

The rest of my day is kind of up in the air plan wise---so I'll see what I can get done. I am so posting a weight loss this time around though. I'm going to wait for tomorrow though since I right now some of it's water weight missing from running.

MadamButterfly
03-26-2011, 12:36 PM
GOOD MORNING ALL;

I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SARGE KICKIN' MY BUTT-ER BECAUSE I DID THAT TO MYSELF YESTERDAY

ROUND 1: JM's BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM . . . OH MY . . . ROUND 2 WILL BE COMING SOMETIME TODAY, JUST NOT SURE IF THERE WILL BE A ROUND 3 . . . WILL HAVE TO WAIT & SEE . . .

SORRY, BUT A LITTLE BUSY AS ROOMIE HAS MIGRAINE & I DON'T THINK HE'S EVER HAD ONE . . . IT'S NOT PRETTY . . . SO I'LL BE PLAYING NURSE MAID FOR A GOOD PART OF THE DAY . . . ANYONE HAVE IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS, TO HELP MIGRAINE HEADACHES??? I'VE DONE WHAT I CAN & AT LEAST HE'S SLEEPING RIGHT NOW . . . <sigh> pobrecito . . .

sizzlingina
03-26-2011, 12:59 PM
GOOD MORNING ALL;

I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SARGE KICKIN' MY BUTT-ER BECAUSE I DID THAT TO MYSELF YESTERDAY

ROUND 1: JM's BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM . . . OH MY . . . ROUND 2 WILL BE COMING SOMETIME TODAY, JUST NOT SURE IF THERE WILL BE A ROUND 3 . . . WILL HAVE TO WAIT & SEE . . .

SORRY, BUT A LITTLE BUSY AS ROOMIE HAS MIGRAINE & I DON'T THINK HE'S EVER HAD ONE . . . IT'S NOT PRETTY . . . SO I'LL BE PLAYING NURSE MAID FOR A GOOD PART OF THE DAY . . . ANYONE HAVE IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS, TO HELP MIGRAINE HEADACHES??? I'VE DONE WHAT I CAN & AT LEAST HE'S SLEEPING RIGHT NOW . . . <sigh> pobrecito . . .

Cool, dark, quiet room. 4 ibuprofens, and lots of SLEEP. That's the only thing that has ever helped my migraines! I used to get at least 2 a week. They're horrible! I really feel for your roomie!

rainbowsmiles
03-26-2011, 01:13 PM
:flame: sizzlesizzle.....:encore: :yay: :dancer: :dance: :strong:
woohoooo :woohoo: 7.2 pounds!!!!
NOW THAT'S A LOT'A BUTT-ER YA'LL!!
(....in my best PAULA DEEN accent!!!)

Resolute
03-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Just finished my first 9 K hard walk today and did a tiny bit of house cleaning - more on that later... But first i feel like getting out and about for a couple of hours, maybe i'll go and wash the truck, it's gross dirty, should probably vacuum it and clean a little inside also but it's pretty cold out still, meh! We'll see.

Just have to stay busy so i don't think about food. :D That and every little bit burns cals, it would be nice to see the scale budge this week. :^:

Sizzlingina, wow... Absolutely out performing all expectations. :dizzy:

rainbowsmiles
03-26-2011, 01:21 PM
private rainMILES reporting in SiR!!
gym thyme: spicing it up!!
30 mins bike, 8 miles!!
30 mins treadmill....and i ran! I RAN. yes, you read that correctly, i ran on the treadmill just over 40 seconds. i can't believe i ran!! i was so inspired by all of you RUNNERS....thinking, omg...i can't run AT ALL, let alone run 5k' and 10k's...i mean seriously, i only just began walkig further than my mailbox just 4 months ago....and well, I CAN'T RUN!!! and well....i was walking on the treadmill, and something in me wanted to run...i mean REALLY WANTED TO RUN!!!....so i kept hitting the speed button, up a notch, then another...and i was walking so fast, and so scared to just TRY to run....but then i thought of all of you...running in the wind...and i wanted that too!!!! so I DID IT!! ok so it was only 40 seconds and i thought i'd die trying to get the notch button back down to walking speed....and stay on the treadmill at the same time...it was funny...i missed the button a few times and i got further and further back on the treadmill...and had to run harder and harder to run back towards the front of the treadmill to click the stop button!!! ok i have A LOT TO LEARN abot running on a treadmill but i didn't fall off!!!! AND I RAN!!!!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR INSPIRING ME!!!

lucyford
03-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Hi guys...
I don't know if it's the constant rain and grey skies but I'm in a bad mood today. I've been fighting with the scale since I started this lifestyle change in mid January. I was excited to see a loss last week but this week it's back up to 222. WTF. I think I'm going to have to leave Sarges No Excuse thread because I just can't handle the constant disappointment from the scale. It just keeps going up and down 5 lbs. Obviously something is wrong but I don't have insurance and can't afford blood work with an endocrinologist like I need. I've been working so hard with no result on the scale. Inches wise, I am losing though and pants are fitting better...so I just don't understand why the scale isn't moving. :( I don't know what to do. Needless to say I didn't meet my goal of losing a pound. I am actually up three. :(

sizzlingina
03-26-2011, 01:40 PM
private rainMILES reporting in SiR!!
gym thyme: spicing it up!!
30 mins bike, 8 miles!!
30 mins treadmill....and i ran! I RAN. yes, you read that correctly, i ran on the treadmill just over 40 seconds. i can't believe i ran!! i was so inspired by all of you RUNNERS....thinking, omg...i can't run AT ALL, let alone run 5k' and 10k's...i mean seriously, i only just began walkig further than my mailbox just 4 months ago....and well, I CAN'T RUN!!! and well....i was walking on the treadmill, and something in me wanted to run...i mean REALLY WANTED TO RUN!!!....so i kept hitting the speed button, up a notch, then another...and i was walking so fast, and so scared to just TRY to run....but then i thought of all of you...running in the wind...and i wanted that too!!!! so I DID IT!! ok so it was only 40 seconds and i thought i'd die trying to get the notch button back down to walking speed....and stay on the treadmill at the same time...it was funny...i missed the button a few times and i got further and further back on the treadmill...and had to run harder and harder to run back towards the front of the treadmill to click the stop button!!! ok i have A LOT TO LEARN abot running on a treadmill but i didn't fall off!!!! AND I RAN!!!!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR INSPIRING ME!!!

Good job!! 40 seconds is a great accomplishment! Next time it may be 60.. Then 90.. You get the idea!
Girl, I totally feel you, though. I'm scared to death of running on my treadmill (mind you, I can't walk straight to save my life, so you can imagine RUNNING! Lol)

What speed do you normally walk at? And what did you run at today? 3mph is a fast but comfortable walk, 4mph is a light jog, and 5mph. I'm praying I don't slide off backwards into my dresser!

JayTee
03-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Rainbow -- You're A RUNNER!!!!! Can you believe it!?!?! What a great feeling. So glad we inspired you!

Lucy--sometimes Sarge's bark is worse than his bite. We'd never throw someone off the thread for trying. Hopefully something will shake lose for you soon so don't give up the battle. Try writing everything down you eat for the week and what you do for exercise and set a realistic goal for yourself. Maybel it's only 1/2 lb in a week, at least it's something. Hang in there, it's almost spring everywhere and we'll get more sun than that seasonal dysfunctional gray cloud that hangs over us January - March!

Cheshire -- Nice run time! I gutted out my 10K + this morning and I hated every second of it!

Reso -- Don't waste all your weekend time cleaning and walking. Don those newly fitting clothes and jackets that had been hidden in your closet and get out there and hit the social scene!

MadameB--THANK GOD I DON'T HAVE TO GO 3 today to keep up with you. I don't have it in me. Good luck with migraine maintenance!

Sizzle--Way to get the mister into mall walking with you. Yesterday I made my daughter watch Grey's Anatomy with me while I walked the treadmill. She wanted to lay on the sofa under a blanket and I told her too bad...I needed to keep moving.

Sarge done with workout #1 -- 7 miles (4 all running 3 at over 4.0 treadmill pace) = 1136 cals burned and closer still to making my pledge. 3 more workouts let to make goal for week. Oh YAY! Not!

Keep at it Platoon!

MadamButterfly
03-26-2011, 02:49 PM
RUNNIN' RAINBOWSMILES: WOOHOO . . . RUNNIN' ON THE TREADMILL, MELTIN' BIG OLE PUDDLES-O-BUTT-ER . . . YOU ARE MY ROCK STAR ! ! ! !
I HATE TREADMILLS, I ALWAYS FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO FALL OFF & THAT'S WHEN I'M JUST GETTING STARTED (I always feel off balance), I CAN'T EVEN IMAGE RUNNING ON ONE, YOU'RE AMAZING

Lucy: I am right there with you, but I put a contract out on my scale and will be wrestling it into submission, of course I had to try and kill myself yesterday with the workouts . . . oh yeah, but it felt so good to stop . . . LOLOLOL < no really it did >
Maybe try keeping a small pad or piece of paper in you pocket and write EVERYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH, even if it's one animal cracker (I saw someone else swiped one from their kids), LOLOLOLOL, watch your salt intake, write down how much H2O you drink . . . Also write down everything you do, 20 crunches, up & down the stairs 15 times, watched TV for an hour, whatever it is, then every day/week you can look at everything. The fact that you're losing inches says something (It seems the first month I lost pounds, the second, just a couple pounds, but lots of inches . . . besides quitting this thread WILL NOT FIX YOUR PROBLEM . . . If you have to pledge 0.2 pounds . . . YOU NEED TO PULL UP YOUR BOOT STRAPS AND FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!!! WE ARE HERE TO CHEER YOU ON AND GIVE YOU A :kickbutt: WHEN YOU NEED IT !!! YOU CAN DO IT . . . :sunny: I know it's not the real thing, but the real sun will come out again, SOON I HOPE :sunny:

Resolute: WTG on the 9K, <about 5 miles, yes???> Oh, I love AC/DC too . . . LOLOLOL

SIZZLINGINA: OMG . . . DID YOU STEAL THE POUNDS OFF MY SCALE . . . IS THAT WHY MY SCALE WON'T MOVE . . . OMG I AM SO, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY IN MY HEAD
CONTRATULATIONS: 30+ STICKS-O-BUTT-ER MELTED AWAY, WOOHOO!!

Cheshire: I don't think we have to worry about Sarge catchin' us now, me thinks we wore SARGE out . . . LOLOLOL, lord knows I'm worn out . . . . so if Sarge does come a gunnin' for us I'm sure I'll be caught first . . . :rofl:

VickiLou: Glad you're feeling better, soon you'll be MELTIN' THAT BUTT-ER TOO!!!!

SARGE JayTee: Whew, boy am I glad you're not up for three today because I do think it would kill me . . . I was really surprised that I was not nearly as sore as I anticipated I would be (and VERY grateful for that, especially after doing JM30Day Shred, all 3 levels [OMG I must have been crazy yesterday]).

Roomie's still sleeping so I think that's the best thing for him right now . . . I didn't even realize he didn't go to work until I was doing my cool down and heard this "crying" noise . . . it was him . . .

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, REPORT IN TOMORROW (LOSS OR GAIN), HOPING FOR SUNNY SKIES, RUNNIN' WEATHER AND FOR THE :goodscale: :angel: :angel: VISIT EVERYONE TOMORROW . . .

Cheshirecat
03-26-2011, 03:49 PM
LOL, it was an excellent plan MadamB--wear Sarge out so we can't get chased down! Brilliant!

I just put in another 1 hour and 40 minute walk while chatting away on the phone. Ohh, I can multitask.

Rsmiles--Way to go with the running!!! That's how it all starts, let me tell you. You run for 40 seconds....then like Sizzle says it's will be 50...then minutes!! (True story...I started off with 30 second runs)

Lucy-Don't give up or leave the Platoon. No drop outs here! We all hit the wall at times (Oh I'm sure we can all give tales of how our weight refused to move). Someone already mentioned what I was going to say. Write it all down. All of it. Tracking really does help if you haven't tried it before.

Sarge-I'm trying my best to keep you from stomping on me!
Way to go with your 10K +. But do you really mean you hated it...don't you mean you loved it?! :D

tubbaki
03-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi guys...
I don't know if it's the constant rain and grey skies but I'm in a bad mood today. I've been fighting with the scale since I started this lifestyle change in mid January. I was excited to see a loss last week but this week it's back up to 222. WTF. I think I'm going to have to leave Sarges No Excuse thread because I just can't handle the constant disappointment from the scale. It just keeps going up and down 5 lbs. Obviously something is wrong but I don't have insurance and can't afford blood work with an endocrinologist like I need. I've been working so hard with no result on the scale. Inches wise, I am losing though and pants are fitting better...so I just don't understand why the scale isn't moving. :( I don't know what to do. Needless to say I didn't meet my goal of losing a pound. I am actually up three. :(

hey lucyford!
you know what's funny? the exact same thing was ran through my head. i lost 2 pounds last week and pledged 3 for this week... uhhh there's a problem here. i am also up 3 pounds... WTF is right!!:mad: but now looking back, i know the reasons why i'm up instead of down. gotta tweak my eating habits!!

so even though we didn't meet our pledges this week. let's set smaller goals and work together to drop those pounds for the next weigh in! come on!! we can do it!:smug:
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

JayTee
03-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Sarge done with workout #2 -- 25 stairmaster minutes + weights... getting closer to pledge. With two ultra sweat-a-thons tomorrow Sarge might just make pledge. Also, instead of dining out tonight, forced myself to invite people over just so I could eat healthy. THANK GOD FOR THIS THREAD!!! If I weren't holding myself accountable to you all I'd be up 10 vacation pounds for sure!

Have a good night all...I'm downing 3 advil and a glass of wine!

WEIGH-IN WAGON PULLS IN TOMORROW!

Sarge out...

lucyford
03-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Hey guys...THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT!! I think this rain is really getting to me...I need sunshine!! That said, I just hate failing. So when I got on the scale this morning I was crushed. I just need to realize that I'm not a steady loser. I'm a SLOW butt-er melter. I just have to accept that. I'm in it to win it guys...i'm not going anywhere. I think I'm going to get a digital scale. Mine was a $20 cheapie from rite aid. That way I can pledge half pounds. Sorry for my melt down...the only melting from here on out will be butt-er.

MadamButterfly
03-26-2011, 08:04 PM
ROUND 2: COMPLETED, 2 MILE WALK & 30 MIN ON THE BIKE . . . I GUESS I'LL FIND OUT TOMORROW IF IT WORKED OR NOT . . . <sigh> THINK POSITIVE, THINK LIGHT WEIGHT, I THINK I'M GOING TO BED EARLY TOO . . . SOAK IN HOT BATH WITH EPSOM SALT, A COUPLE OF ADVIL, WINE ACTUALLY SOUNDS GOOD JAYTEE AND THEN NOTHING BUT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD NIGHT & I HAVE MY :crossed: FOR EVERYONE's WEIGH IN TOMORROW . . .

marywinchester
03-27-2011, 03:03 AM
Hello everyone.. I did it this week, I lost exactly 3.0 pounds!!!
My pledge for the next week is 2.0, as I'm getting closer to my goal it is harder to lose..

dcapulet
03-27-2011, 08:53 AM
good morning platoon -

congrats to everyone on their hard work! keep it coming.

Weigh in - -2.2 lbs
For next week, I pledge -2lbs

JayTee
03-27-2011, 09:21 AM
http://www.pestcontrols.us/images/horn.jpg

SUCCESS SIREN!!!!

PLEDGE BOARD UPDATE:

PLEDGES FOR WEEK 3 - 3/20-3/27:

Sarge = .5
CocoLoco = 2
Courtney = 3
Cheshire = 1.5 /// (-2.4)
DCap = 2 /// (-2.2)
Dreamer = 2
KatyTrail =
Lucy = 1 /// ( +3)
MadameB = 2.2 /// (-2.0)
MaryWin = 3 /// (-3)
MichelleD = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
Pokey = 2 /// [COLOR="SeaGreen"](-2)
RainMILES = 1.5 /// (-2.0)
Resolute = 4 ///
Sindaena = 1.5
Tubbak = 3 /// ( +3)
VickieL = 3
Want2beafish = 1.5

ASF = 3.3
CandyCoat= 2
Kris2008= 3.0
Jellybean = 1.5
Murplehaze = 2
MyBodyIsMyTemple = 2 /// (-2)
Rose = 3
SizzlinGina = 5 /// (-7.2) WOW!

PLEDGES FOR WEEK 3/27-4/3

MaryWin = 2
DCap = 2
Sizzilin' = 4
Cheshire = 2
RainMiles = 5
Pokey = .5
MadamGoo = .5

Sarge off to gym...still trying!

sizzlingina
03-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Good Morning Platoon! *Salute Sarge*

Just popping in for a moment to give my pledge for the week! Aaaaand to say great job to those reporting in! :-)

My pledge for this week is 4 Pounds

This will get my to my first mini-goal of 224.8, aka 20 pounds of butt-er lost!

Let's do this, Platoon!