South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Chat for Friday, March 18

Good morning everyone,
The scale went back down again - not all the way, but significantly (thank goodness). That is certainly motivating. I'll have to check what my loss goal for February was - I think it was 4.6 lbs. I don't know if I'll make it - we're going away next weekend and I'm bound to cheat (just being realistic) but maybe I can do some planning to minimize the damage. We are going to Texas in the middle of May and I'd love to be at goal by then. The problem with me is that as soon as I lose I tend to bounce back up again before "really" staying down, not sure why. Anyway...we'll see.

Things have calmed down at work. From what I post you probably think I work at an insane asylum. My co workers and even my boss are not bad people really, but unfortunately the culture at my workplace is one of backstabbing, incompetence and dishonesty. It starts at the top and trickles down. If you had any connection to my workplace (like if you were former employee or someone who took a class there) and I told you where I work you would instantly understand. Someday I'll be able to share more! Most everyone stays because the benefits are really good; even my salary is not bad for what I do. But sometimes it can just get very depressing. However, yesterday was better, and today should be better too.

Hope everyone has a great day today. What's on my plate is work, a walk, and an evening glass of wine!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Matilda, and I'm glad your morning is off to a great start with a better number on the scale. Darned crazy scales! I'm glad things have settled down at work, too. When are people finally going to realize that a happy workplace makes for a more productive workplace? I hope today goes well!

I'm waiting for the sun to come and am going to open all the windows to give the house a good airing. It's supposed to get up to 75* today! I'll give the bathroom a good cleaning and go through the rest of the house with a dustcloth, and get a couple loads of laundry in, but I plan to spend some time out in the sunshine. I may even visit the garden center to see what I can plant. I'm eager to get my onions, radishes, lettuce and Swiss chard going.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:36 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Power is out here. Think I'll quickly check in and go back to bed. Fortunately I got some work done last night.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Not so warm here and super windy (so says the forecast). Our snow is melting and I'm seeing more and more bare patches so I'm happy.

Today is a WFH day after PT. I had to schedule 2 days in a row to get 2 appointments in this week. After that I'm prepping for tomorrow's Train the Trainer event. I will be so happy to have my last event done.

Mathilda- Crazy workplaces are so challenging. I hope today is better too.

Cottage - Enjoy those temperatures, they sound lovely. How close are your early spring flowers?

Debbie - Hope the power is back soon, after you enjoy some more sleep

Happy Friday

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-18-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Posted and just lost it! Grrr!

The usual stuff - looks like a decent day again.

TGIF!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I was noticing that the forsythias are going to burst into bloom any day now, and my crocus and early daffodils are already blooming. I'm so ready for some color! I think I'm going to pick up a flat of pansies and fill all my pots and containers with their cheery faces.

Morning, Debbie, Ruth!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

I am not working today and I sadly did not even sleep in. I have blood draw this morning and then I am free. I kind of like the fact I have no plans right now. It feels good.

Have a great day!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. More niggles with the kids today. Yesterday was shopping for cell phone and bank for one; passport photo and blood work for the other. Today is buying decided upon phone and applying for passport! And the car we just got back from the shop needs to be taken back - the passenger seatbelt no longer works. Always something. Sigh. And my son wants me to back him cookies. We'll be busy here.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/170

Height: 5"6'

Good morning all! TGIF!!! Matilda, I can totally relate to your workplace...I am in a situation where I don't want to leave because my pay and benefits are so good, but I am a miserable person many days because of my job
Made a red velvet cake last night for a co-workers birthday and didn't even have a lick! It did smell wonderful though and I to eat a small piece of dark chocolate so I wouldn't give into temptation!!!
Woke up today with a sore throat, not what I want to deal with on a
weekend...that's for sure! Well, off to the chiropractor and then home for some chores and a work meeting at 2pm.

Have a great weekend everyone!
-Jess
Old 03-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!

Matilda - I hope work gets better soon. My mum works in a company (actually for the local government) where there is lots of backstabbing, it really stresses her out!

Cottage - lucky! My flowers (on my windowsill) haven't bloomed yet but they are growing nicely. It is raining outside, yuck!

Karen - how nice of you to help your son with all those things! Not even when I move half way across Europe do I get that kind of special treatment... If I asked my mum to bake me cookies, she'd ask when my last slave died off...

Jess - wow that is an iron will you've got there!

I've noticed that I stick on plan on the days when I go running, but on the days I don't, I am terrible. I guess I'm more conscious of what is good for me and what will help my run when I've got running on my mind. I think I'll have to up the exercise to make me stick to plan! One bonus of the exercise / diet programme is that I am more aware of my own body, which can only be a good thing!

Have a nice day everyone :-)
Old 03-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Nice new photo, Karen(WaistingTime)! It's nice to see faces around here every once in awhile so I've switched my pic for a few days. I'll go back to my sunflower just 'cause I like seeing it so much.

(my before pic is in my profile and it's always shocking for me to see it again !)
Old 03-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #12  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hello everyone! I was here a while ago, lost a bit, left for a variety of reasons from illness to death of my mother to my inability to fit South Beach cooking into my schedule. I was geared up to start again last August and at that very moment I got a new job that doubled my workload (I'm now a high school principal AND a teacher, as well as writer, editor and lecturer) and I gave up.

We're on spring break next week, and I'm going to start again tomorrow. I'll have 10 days, and I hope that will give me enough time to get with the program and figure out how to work it into my schedule.

What's kept me tied to the diet is this board and the people in it. You're a great group, very kind and knowledgeable, and I'd like to be part of it. The best I can say for the past nearly two years is that I haven't gained anything!

p.s. I'm changing my weight stats to reflect my current SB start weight. I've been living off "but I've lost 35 pounds!!!" far too long.

I read about your gardens with unabashed envy! I have Black Thumb (in past lives, I have killed mint and dandelions) but I love to think about gardens

Last edited by Xan; 03-18-2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Adding a sentence
Old 03-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #13  

Height: 5'8

Hi Xan!

Wow your job sounds quite intense! Another teacher over here There are lots of us around! I'm lucky that cooking is my favourite hobby, but South Beach is time consuming to prepare for!

Wow everybody is adding photos to their profiles, what a nice looking bunch we are! ;-)
Old 03-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #14  
Be happy.

Hello friends!
I didn't have a chance to check in before school this morning (last day of early bus duty for a while - hooray!). It's been a really nice day, into the 50's and windy so I got a quick walk in after school.

Linda, we've got still got over a foot of snow covering our sunny garden spot, so it will be a while before we can get anything into the ground here. We're starting to browse seed catalogs though. I hope you had fun at the garden center!

Karen, Debbie and Claire - it's nice to see your smiling faces while I read your posts. Xan, good to see you again.

I need to get supper started so I'll sign off for now. to the rest of you, enjoy your evening!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

welcome back Xan, it's nice to see you again. Sorry about your Mom.
Closed Thread