WW Clubs and Groups - #252 Bale of Turtles Enjoying Spring!

Itryharder
03-17-2011, 05:40 PM
:carrot: :welcome3:. We are the Turltes Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
03-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Hi All,
Turtles, there are sooooo many new posts in thread #252 that I was hesitant to start a new thread. However, we had gotten very long. Lots of encouraging news from members. To sum up, we all seem extremely busy and productive. Weight loss is good for some, tricky for others. Facing all sorts of challenges, we are moving on!
Bandit, thanks for the water reminder!
Anyone who gained weight-----well there are all sorts of reasons from unexpected TOM to traveling and the stress it entails. I had trouble myself last week, but am on much better footing now.

Got to :swim: to walk the boardwalk. My crocuses are up and so pretty---all purple and proud of themselves. Having a 1/2corned beef sandwich tonight with dh to re-celebrate St. Paddy's Day. We had about 18 friends and family for an early St. Patrick's Day feast on Saturday and it was lots of fun.

Judy
234.6/194.8/180's and thinner begorra!!!! :cool:

Princess1122
03-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Good morning all and happy Friday to you all! Love Fridays!

Well, i did really well at W/I last night - I was down 4.8 lbs - taking those steps a million times a day is starting to pay off... LOL - they don't really get any easier to climb but they must be doing some good at least! We only had W/I last night, the groups leader and co-leaders were not able to make it and it was such a nice evening here that everyone opted to get out early and that was fine with me since I did not have to lead the lesson LOL! Went home to hang with DH and we had our "Coney Dogs" which is a staple on Thursday nights since they are easy and quick to prepare when I get home from TOPS.

Busy weekend ahead for me but will get online when I can to see how everyone is doing.

It is another crazy day here at work for me so I will have to do my individual posts another time... take care everyone!

Itryharder
03-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Princess, weigh to go! :goodscale: :carrot: :balloons: :dancer: :dance: :idea: :bravo:
Ohmygoodness, Princess! What a wonderful weight loss. Kee climbing those stairs. You're doing great. How do you make a Coney dog?

I finally got outside to rake up debris and dead leaves from the winter. Now I can see my crocuses better. Also discovered lots of tulip leaves and daffodil leaves, so my future looks bright.

Take care, drink the water, move as much as we can, and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/194.8/180's and thinner :cool:

AuntLoopy
03-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Hi all!

Today I went to my doctor. As some of you know, I have been living for over 25 years with autoimmune disease (various doctors have called it lupus, RA, fibromyalgia, and a half-dozen other names that actually mean: we got no idea what is wrong with ya.)

It was a tough week WW-wise, with my first small weight gain despite following the program precisely. But when we saw my blood work (and they take a LOT of blood tests, because lupus can affect any organ or body part), the doctor thought that there must be an error. Not only is my bloodwork "like a newborn baby" -- even down to a cholesterol reading in the mid 100s compared to 389 three months ago, a heart rate like an athlete (despite previous lupus-related damage), and blood pressure so low that they couldn't read it, and they had to take me off my anti-hypertensive medications before I just fell over -- there are no markers for RA or lupus or any other autoimmune disease. This isn't the same as being in remission; this is *GONE* like it never happened.

We'll be repeating the tests in 90 days. And we're praising God for such a remarkable gift of renewal and healing, with such a small effort (following WW). Like my husband's "dying" tumor, this healing is beyond the medical profession's understanding.

My boss/pastor said that "this is because you were willing to be obedient" when we had the inspiration to change our lifestyle into more diligent healthy eating, despite things being weird at church/my job, DH's intestinal tumor, and the bankruptcy and unfriendly takeover of DH's company all at the same time. (We flunked the "are you ready to lose weight" quiz at weightwatchers.com, and you know they wrote that quiz to include pretty much anyone who is breathing and has $12 for their first meeting!) I can tell you that it is an undeserved favor from a gracious God.

Itryharder
03-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Aunt Loopy, you have no idea what you are doing for my faith!!!!! First your husband keeps his job, no==gets a better one, his tumor disappears, you decide to get healthy and give WW a try-------you lose weight beautifully and then all your autoimmune markers are gone. Now----if that doesn't beat all. Weigh to go! :bravo: Keep up the good work.
Judy

life4evr
03-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Aunt Loopy woohooo Congrats. Doing a little shout for you. As someone who has a relative with Lupus and some who suffers from RA I know that is a miracle.

Princess congrats on the weight loss. I am still just kind of hanging out. I am seriously starting back on the program of tracking and exercising.

I took a 15 minute walk with my evening client and then killed my effort with half of a homemade pizza. This was one of those I wasn't really hungry all day then I went to starving.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a goodnight.

terrod99
03-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Princess What a great weight loss!!! You are my inspiration this week!!!!!!!

Aunt Loopy! Your health news is wonderful! It is a miracle! We all know that our health is going to improve as our weight goes down, but to have those improvements so quickly is a miracle, I think the pastor is correct about your "willingness to be obedient" You have faithfully followed the plan and you truely deserve all that is happening to you! Weight loss and improved health!!!

I made it to the Y yesterday finally! Did 30 min eliptical, 20 treadmill, felt great!!!!! I don't know if it is the time change but I am tired!!! Need some energy. Eating has been better, portions still a little too large! Need to work on that. Sun is shining today this will help I am sure. I am going to the Y, and then must do some house cleaning. Going to try to keep moving, not sit on my butt ! Going to BBQ some steak for dinner, salad, and green beans to go with it. No unhealthy stuff!!! All good today.

Feeling the good vibes!!! from all you Turtles! and sending some back!
Keepin on !!!!

Terri

nancylmrn
03-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Well I have been out of the loop for a few days...things just seemed to creep up on me and I have made some bad food choices this week. I just did not plan meals like I should even though I knew I was going to have some late nights. But this is a new week and wi is tomorrow what better way to get motivated again.

Princess way to go!!!!!! And Aunt Loopy I have this vision of you dancing and signing about pantyhose....next thing you know you will have on high heels and an ankle bracelet to show off those legs! :hug:

And as Terrod says the vibes here are so positive how can you not be smiling you way through the day as you count your blessings? :D

btw I am on the last two days of this dreadful steriod prednisone...one of the side effects is easy bruising and I have two whoppers. One on the inside of my right wrist and the other my tail bone making it hard to walk and sit....go figure? but the good news is my sinus infection is gone and some of my psorisis is clearing which it has not done in over 2 years of creams

life4evr
03-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Just a quick note before I carry it off to my lovely bed.

I am relearning some lessons which I have seemed to forgot. So on the the lessons learned (again)
1. Skipping breakfast is a very very very bad idea. I tend to overeat the rest of the day. Today was no different.

2. When I don't eat properly my body is not happy with me and I feel bad.

3. I need to use exercise as my escape.

4. Okay I really need to get some more sleep.

I am done for the night. It was one of those days. Well tomorrow is my weigh in day and like Nancy I have another reason to get motivated.

So everyone have a goodnight. Off to bed since I work in the morning, did I mention I am tired of my job also :(.

Princess1122
03-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all... it was cool but nice here yesterday but the sky is dark and rain is on the way today. Family from up North will be here soon so I only have a minute but wanted to hop on and see how things were going. Food yesterday was not great I got some strolling/walking in since D-DIL, DGS and I went to the mall for a couple of hours and walked around. Can't really call it exercise since there was lots of stopping and starting while we were shopping but it was a very fun day. The baby was a bit fussy but over all he did really well.

I got up yesterday at 3:00 am, just woke up and could not get back to sleep, had a very long day and could not sleep very well again last night, not sure what is going on. Sleeping really well has always been an issue for me and something that I have tried to correct because it is important to weight loss and over all well being... will keep at it.

I went to WW yesterday morning for my official W/I there, was very happy to see that I was down .4 from my last W/I there which was a long time ago... LOL - again I credit the steps! Funny how a couple of small changes can make a big difference.

Have to run and get ready for company, we are meeting here then packing up lunch, etc and heading to DS house because after all... they are all coming to see the baby and not the rest of us.... LOL!

nancylmrn
03-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Depressing Depressing Depressing wi today up another 3.5 so that is a total of 6.5 in two weeks! But good news is I only have 2 more days of the prednisone so I am hoping next weeks wi will show a loss.
I also am not movingmy ticker I know this gain is more medical than any slip ups of mine

Starting my day right though, eating some egg beaters and veggie sausage pattie. Will go to the local fruit stand and get some apples, bannanas and strawberries.

Ok I am off for now going to do a little yard work with DH and then an antique bookstore

life4evr
03-20-2011, 04:09 PM
So weigh in was today I had a minor gain 0.3# but still not very happy about it. Hope everyone has a good day.

terrod99
03-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Happy First Day of Spring Turtles!!

Didn't sleep well but trying to think positive spring thoughts. Back to normal routine today. Son back to school, back to normal work hours, routine!!!
Routine eating, routine exercise! I need this routine. I function better, eat better!
Y tonight for aquafit, lunch packed with fruits, veggies, all good stuff.
Hope everyone else is having a great first full day of spring, and thinking light and fluffy spring thoughts!!!!

Terri

Itryharder
03-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, did the time change affect your sleep patterns? I know I've felt like I have jet lag this entire week. Last night I finally got a good night's sleep, so hopefully I'm back on track. It's so cute that the baby is the gathering spot for you and your relatives. Those babies do that! Glad your WW WI showed a loss. :goodscale: Weigh to go!

Nancy, on a positive note, you're almost done with the Prednisone and you should start losing again soon. :goodvibes: and with a good eating plan you'll be fine!

Life4evr, okay----here's :goodvibes: to be back on track and wanting to lose more weight and get in more exercise! :bravo: It is wonderful that you've broken that magic number and no longer have 100# to lose. Good for you!

Terri, yeah! I like that positive attitude. Routine has so much to do with this weight loss plan. Eating the right breakfast, lunch and dinner with fruit for snacks and exercising without even thinking about it establishes a healthy lifestyle-----just what we're all looking for.

Yesterday was better. I'm having a group of WW's in for lunch on Wednesday so I'm counting on this being a good week.
Everybody drink that water and keep on moving!
Judy

bandit2
03-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Morning turtles:

Princess - congrats on such a fabulous weight loss, that is great. Good for you!

Well with missing my weigh in for 2 weeks and being on track last week, I must have done lots of damage week before, because I was up 2# THurs evening at the scales which I was not expecting. Didn't do well again over this past weekend, so have to really refocus myself this week.

All - for those of you who lost congrats & for those of us that gained, good
luck this week.

nancylmrn
03-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Good afternoon chickies!
Well had egg beaters and veggie sausage for breakfast, grapes for snack, lunch two corn tortilla fill with a little spanish rice, homemade enchilida sauce, chicken and onion and a pinch of parm cheese...dinner I know this is going to be not good homemade ravolli

Princess1122
03-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Hello everyone, happy Tuesday and happy Spring to you all. Seriously busy right now at work with no end in sight so I will stop by when I can and may change my posting time to the evening or very early in the morning when I first get up although it is getting harder to get up on time lately.

Judy: Oh yeah, the time change was just plain hard on me this time around, still feel like I am in a cloud LOL.

Bandit: I'll bet you have a big drop at the scales this week... I'm sorry you had to see a higher number though!

Life: Keep at it and it will get better.

Nancy: I am the same way when I am on those med's - I can gain way over 10 lbs just from one packet - you will be off of them soon though!

Terri: Routine! That is what keeps me going, without it I sink like a rock!

Have to run!

life4evr
03-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Itryharder you are right. I didn't think about that part about no longer needing to loose a hundred pounds.

My eating has been horrible. I need to start planning my meals again. I think I am going to spend tomorrow evening cooking meals. I am going to try to cook something everyone will eat. So the plan is gym, work, errands and a nap. The pollen is kicking my butt already. Hmm not much going on here. I am going to try to go before work since i know the gym will be just about empty.

terrod99
03-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Happy Hump Day!

Still Tired! At work for 10 hours yesterday! Very busy, home long enough to grab my Y bag and head to deep water aquafit. Sore shoulder today.
Weigh in tonight I really have no idea where I am at. I will weigh myself at work our scale there is very close to WW scale.

Life- I have been sneezing up a storm and rubbing my eyes! yeah spring!
It is hard to cook for a bunch, I am lucking there are only 3 in our house and my husband will eat anything! Son can be a bit picky I just tell him to make chicken and fries & veggies if he doesnt like what we are having. He has been pretty good lately to try new things.

Everyone- Keep on movin and think light happy thoughts! Lets think baby steps, small changes! Remember we can do this!!!! Slow and steady wins the race!

Terri

Princess1122
03-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all... just a quick fly by to say hello and see how everyone is doing.

Nothing much new here really except I am dealing with another round of Momma Drama here with my elderly mother - it has become very sad and hurtful and I am trying to find a way to deal with it other than food... being at work seems to helps, it keeps me busy and occupies my mind.

Good luck to everyone this week & drink your water!

nancylmrn
03-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Yep it is hump day alright....ate that huge hump of leftover enchalidas. I am glad they were corn tortilla and less than 1/2 of rice for all of it. so the points were there but not to bad. The test will be tonight

Everyone..take deep breaths and think calm :dizzy:

hmm that did not work for me...shoot. we at least I do not have access to chocolate right now

life4evr
03-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Hope everyone had a good day. So I didn't make it to the gym. Contacts thanks to the pollen. I did manage to get my errands done and cook something. My eating could have been better. I finally managed to actually eat breakfast. I had an early dinner for lunch since I had to get home and cook. So we shall see what my body does with that.I am debating about trying the WW Banana pudding recipe. Just too lazy too cook it right now.

Everyone have a good evening.

Itryharder
03-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi Turtles,
Well, today I had a good WI. I lost 3.2# this week. Before you all start hip hip hooraying, remember that I gained 4.6# last week. Hey, it's a start in the right direction, puts me in the low 190's instead of the mid 190's and I've got a good attitude.

Had my WW lunch here at my house today. So nice---six of us showed up even though we're right back to miserable weather. These girls are really nice and helpful. Everyone brought a dish and it was great.

Princess, sorry you're facing Momma Drama. I remember when your folks moved closer to you. I'm sending :goodvibes: for peace and quiet.

Bandit, you should be facing a :goodscale: very soon. You're on the right track and have had lots of chaos in your life over the last three weeks or so.

Life4evr, you said it. Planning helps! :idea:

Terri,
Again, we can do this is that constant reminder to keep us on track. After all, we're the Turtles and we know that if we keep on keepin' on, we will arrive at our goal! :grouphug: to us all.

Nancy, yeah----calm is what we can all use right about now. Thanks for the reminder. :swim:
(I used the swim icon since a beach is calming to me----when I meditate, I think of a peaceful beach)

Gotta run----I only have two points plus for the rest of the day and it's not quite six o'clock. If I have a salad and string cheese for dinner and an apple for a snack, I can make it! Also, I am stuffed because many of my points plus went on a second helping of the casseroles once my guests left. :chef:
Take care and be well.
Judy
234.6/191.6/180's and thinner :cool:

life4evr
03-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Congrats on the lost Itryharder. I made the banana pudding it was pretty good.

terrod99
03-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Here is Thursday!

Gals I can't believe it I lost 2.5 lbs this week, I was pretty good, did my exercise, tracked most of what I ate, so yeah me!

Princess I know all about the Momma Drama! I have to learn to keep my mouth shut when mine starts! Sending you lots of peaceful calming vibes!

Judy you are getting back on track! Great for you, we just have to keep at it and not give up! Your lunch sounds like a lot of fun, I keep thinking I need to expand my group of friends just no time!

Life hope those allergies start improving what kind of med have you tried? There is a lot of good stuff on the market now especially in th US.

Bandit did you get the snow yesterday we got nothing here but past Toronto sure was a mess!

Nancy I am thinking calm, peaceful! It is the only thing helping with my sanity to get throught his week!!! It is going on for ever.

All Have a wonderful Thursday the sun is starting to shine here so that will sure help!

Terri

Princess1122
03-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday... Friday is so close I can smell it! And not a minute too soon I might add... LOL - Ugh what a week! My TOM showed up AGAIN - seriously! I mean just how many times can you get your period in one stinking month!?!?! Oh well, it is what it is so I will roll with it but if it keeps up will have to call the doctor I suppose.

TOPS mtg and W/I tonight - since we only did W/I last week and I did not lead the lesson I guess I will be doing that tonight, will be glad to do it and get it over with.

The momma drama is not going to end I fear, from what I have been reading it is common with elderly people such as my mother - it is a mess but she does live three hours north of me so I get a bit of a break from it while my sister in law deals with it most of the time but the distance does not stop her from causing a lot of trouble for me and telling my children very cruel things with lots of lies and cries for sympathy thrown in for good measure, she would be so ashamed of the way she was acting if it was 5 years ago before all of her health problems started and the truly sad part is that she has turned into everything that she never wanted to be like...

Ok - venting is over with.

Judy: That was my MIL that moved here to Indy a while back... lots of MIL Drama too - LOL - never ends! Congrats on the loss, you are getting back on track!

Bandit: Good luck tonight!

Terri: I sure try and keep my mouth shut but that has made her even angrier so now she just makes stuff up that I supposedly said... thanks for the vibes! congrats on the loss!

Life: I will have to try that recipe... I keep forgetting about it but DH loves banana pudding.

Nancy: Good luck at W/I

bandit2
03-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy/Terri - congrats on your weight losses this week, thats what we like to see, so keep up the good work!

Terri - yes, the drive home last night wasn't great and today on way in
I seen 4 cars in the ditch, which makes me nervous when I see that. But
got in OK & hopefully that is the end of it for this year.

Princess - good luck tonight at your weigh in. Mine is tonight as well & hoping
for abit of a loss this week. I wasn't good over past weekend but have been
since Monday & that is why I keep gaining/losing the same weight over & over. Too bad about your mom - just try to deal with it the best you can.
My mom still has good health but with her whatever I tell her she repeats
to everyone no matter what it is or even if I asked her not to mention things.
So, lately I haven't told her any personal stuff that I don't want everyone to know & I feel that shouldn't be the way. You should be able to tell your
mother anything so I am trying to better with things when it comes to my
own daughter. Anway, just something else to drive us crazy.

Has anyone made anything different & yummy lately?

All - have a great Thursday!

Itryharder
03-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi TUrtles,
Life4evr, thanks for the congrats! It feels good to do the right thing and get back on track.

Terri, :bravo: :carrot: :balloons: weigh to go on your great weight loss!
So glad you pulled everything together and had such a nice loss this week.
NY had snow yesterday. You know, this isn't funny any more----and it's so chilly out we may be looking at this for more than a day or two. Ugh.

Princess, I got mixed up with your mil moving near you and your mom being three hours away. I'm sorry your mother is doing these things and making up lies. It's got to be extremely stressful. Sending :goodvibes: to help you cope.

Hey, I've got a new recipe that you all might like. One of the gals brought it yesterday for the luncheon. Here it is:

Turkey Eggplant Casserole

1 1/4# ground turkey (she used very lean white meat turkey)
1 large chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large eggplant, cubed (She used 1# chopped mushrooms instead)
1 (28oz.) can crushed tomatoes
3/4cup breadcrumbs (she suggested substituting oatmeal or shredded wheat)
1t. dried basil
1/4c grated cheese (can use shredded ff mozarella)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray 9x13" pan with Pam
Saute turkey, onion, and garlic (about 5-6min)
Add eggplant, tomatoes and breadcrumbs and basil
bring to a simmer
stir as needed
transfer mixture to baking dish
bake covered until veggies are tender (about 45min)
Uncover, sprinkle with cheese
Bake until brown
Let stand 5 min. before serving

Number of servings: (4 This is a huge portion for 4points plus*******
I suggest that this would be 8 servings for only 2 points plus.
Those points are so low, I'm going to run the ingredients through my recipe builder to double check. ) GOOD THING I DOUBLE CHECKED!!!!!! I ran it through the recipe builder and got 5 points plus for 8 servings. This makes sense to me. It is tasty, and with a big salad, it could be a very nice dinner. It is so easy to make a mistake----something about this told me the original points were too good to be true-----and they were.

That's all for now!
Judy
234.6/191.6/180's and thinner :cool:

Itryharder
03-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi Bandit, you and I posted at the same time. Good luck with your WI tonight and good luck to Princess too.

I feel sorry about your relationship with your mom. I think these warnings from you and Princess help me with my relationships with my children. I would never want to be a burden to them------and that includes being an emotional burdern. Thanks for your insight.

By the way, I just posted a recipe I think you'll like if you liked the unstuffed cabbage recipe.
Judy

terrod99
03-25-2011, 08:23 AM
TGIF (With extra exclaimation this week!)

Thanks for all the congrats! I still am trying to figure out what I did right this week!

Exhausted , could have had a nap with my head on the desk at work yesterday afternoon! Did force my butt to the Y last night did about 50 minutes of cardio, felt good after but what a chore to get there!

My Momma Drama has kicked it up a knotch, My sister has been living with her for 8 months (since my mom's husband passed away) Sis can't handle it anymore, Mom is too demanding, just watches TV all day doesnot do anything (sis works fulltime). She is diabetic (diagnosed last fall) doesn't remember to eat properly, early dementia, very overweight, we are going to talk to her about moving to a retirement home, she needs more care than my sis can give.
She is not going to like it!

Anyway sun is shining and life goes on, Trying to kick it up a notch eat less move more wish me luck! I really would like to lose 20 lbs by maybe June? I think that is reasonable,3 months.

Judy the recipe sounds good!

Bandit/Princess How were your Weigh ins?

Life How are those allergies doing any relief in sight?

Nancy Are you still battling the chocolate demon?

Hope you all have a great on plan weekend, the sun is suppose to shine so try to get out for some spring air!!

Terri

Princess1122
03-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all!

My W/I last evening did not go well but with it being TOM I knew I was up and I was... 1.4 lbs, oh well, we will keep at it. Need to talk to my doctor as this is frustrating but I am not sure what can actually be done since I am not a huge fan of hormones, etc. For now I will just keep chugging.

I need to talk to DH about us really getting a plan together to take care of us in our late years, I just do not want my kids to go thru this with me and my husband, not at all. I do not want to be remembered like that.

Terri: We have been trying to have those conversations with mine, I am not sure she needs it yet but then again she is not doing anything for herself as far as getting back to a higher level of health - like walking and exercising, getting some hobbies and activities, etc. She is basically just sitting around waiting for other to do everything for her and entertain her also. I feel your pain and wish you the very best luck in dealing with it!

Judy: I am sure that you will not be a burden to your kids! I just have reached a level of frustration with my mom that I never thought I would - sorry to scare you with it like that.

Bandit: Mine does the very same thing, even talks to my husband about my ex-husbands in great detail... now those are fun times let me tell you! Ugh! Hope your W/I went better then mine!

Life: How are you doing?

Nancy: Any plans for the weekend?

Loopy: How are you doing?

Have a great day all!

bandit2
03-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Morning, turtles:

Nice sunny day up here which is nice to see, seeing last week we had a few
nasty days.

Terri/Princess - sorry to hear about your Mom drama, must be tough to handle especially when they don't co-operate and want lots of attention.

Princess - to bad about your gain this week, your hormones can play a big part in all this as well. Hope your upcoming week is better.

Judy - that recipe sounds really good, will definately give it a try, thanks.

I was down 1/4# last night, which isn't much but was thankful just to have a loss. That seems to really motivate to do better.

Our meetiing last night was good and we talked about just changing one
thing in our food plan for the week and for me I am going to stay away from
chips/crackers for this week. I find lately I have been having too many extras/treats over the weekend & then getting on track from Mon to Thurs.
That is not a sensible plan for longterm weight loss.

Anyway, good luck everyone!

Itryharder
03-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Terri, wow-----what is going on? All the mommas are getting dramatic! I see my uncle who is only ten years older than myself facing age/illness issues and it's scary. I guess this is always the reason to make every day count. I hope your mom settles down a bit and a reasonable solution can be found. :goodvibes:

Princess, sorry about the weight gain, but the TOM explains it. On another note, I wonder if the tough winter has had anything to do with all the mommas acting up? You must be mortified with the things she says. :grouphug: Have a good weekend. Keep on trying with food and the stairs. You'll see a weight loss soon.

Bandit, glad to see you lost weight this week. :goodscale: Yeah----the socializing on the weekend can undo a whole week of good food and exercise.

Aunt Loopy, how are you doing? Did your home get repaired after the bathroom disaster?

Life4evr, how does your weekend look?

Cherry, how are you and your family?

Nancy, how are things looking?

Beautiful sunny day here. My food has been good, tracking helps, and my dh and I have walked the 1 1/2miles at the boardwalk for the past two days. I'm hoping for a 1# loss this week. That would get me very close to 180's. I hate throwing away months and that's what I've been doing. To lose weight I've got to exercise and track. It's the only way it's going to happen. Looking forward to my grandson's soccer game tomorrow and we'll catch a bite to eat. I'll have to plan for that. Today my dd and grandson may pop in, so I'll have to plan a good healthy WW dinner for that possibility too. Have a great day, everybody, and keep on keepin' on!

Judy
234.6/191.8/180's and thinner :cool:

life4evr
03-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi everyone. I am still here my weekend looks very busy. So due to my work scedule I weighed in a day early. I am basicly working thirteen hours starting at eleven tonight. So I knew I wouldn't be anywhere near a scale. But I had lost some weight. Hope everyone has a good day.

Itryharder
03-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Life4evr, :goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: :cheers: :cheer: weigh to go!
Keep up the good work!
Judy

life4evr
03-27-2011, 03:21 PM
So I finally logged my weight. I lost 3.3# so happy I hit my 5% weight loss goal. Finally so I am very happy. And I have survived work. I actually still have some energy left. Not sure how much longer the energy is going to last. So I am trying to get some food in my system and some things done around here before I crash.

Itryharder
03-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Life4evr, what a great loss and what a wonderful accomplishment! Yay!
:goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: :cheers: :cheer: :dancer: :dance: :carrot:

Weigh to go! Congrats. You're doing great. Keep up the good work.

Having a nice weekend. DD and grandson came out late yesterday. We had dinner out, then returned home where other dd and dsil visited. Very cool that we enjoy each other's company. Today caught a soccer game watching our young grandson. He was so cute. It was sooooo cold, but he played like a trooper. Then we headed to a diner where I had a bite to eat. I'm tracking and it looks like a good day.

Have fun, be well and happy.

Aunt Loopy, I know you're very busy on the weekend, but hope to hear from you early in the week.
Here's :cheer: to all of us!!!!! We're a great bale of turtles.
Judy

nancylmrn
03-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Wow I have been out of the loop for days now! It has taken me a bit to read all the posts but overall it looks like everyone is doing a super duper job even with daily DRAMAS! :spin:

I have been working some extra hours and by the time I get home the last thing I want to do is get back on the computer.

Well I am finally off the steriod and WI this morning I lost 1.5 of the 6.5 I gained while taking them..whoo hoo so I am back on track again

Have any of you ever had TMJ? I truly can not open my mouth far or bite food off with my front teeth. It has been a month since the dentist pulled a tooth and when he did he injured my jaw. So far he had me on 600m of ibur. for 2 weeks when that did not work he has put me on a sleepaid and muscle relaxer to take before bed and now 3 weeks later I can see slight improvement but not back to normal. Last thur he had me come in and took an impression of my mouth to make a night guard...so I am waiting for that to come back from the lab.

In the mean while I have been sticking to soft foods. So if any of you have any insights on how long this may take to heal that would be wonderufl

terrod99
03-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Happy Monday Gals!

Busy weekend went by quick, ate pretty well, a bit of exercise, feeling pretty good today. Tired but hopefully the weather starting to warm up will make me a little perkier.

Mom is mad at sis, Sis told her that she would be moving and what did mom want to do. Mom said that she would stay in apartment "if sis didn't want her to live with her" Mom cannot live alone she needs too much help, sis is mad, mom is mad. Drama Drama Drama!!!!!! Glad I'm on the edge not in the middle of it all but still will have to deal with the aftermath!!

Everyone seems to be losing! Great work gals! we have to stick with it!!!! No quiting keep on taking our baby steps. We are seeing results, I can feel how much I have toned and people are starting to notice. I think it is true that you lose inches and sometimes this isn't really reflected at the scale. I really notice my stomach shrinking! Woo hoo!!!!!

Lets all have a great on plan week!!! Water Exercise lots of power foods!!!

Terri

Princess1122
03-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Morning everyone and happy Monday to you all!

Very cold here but at least the sun will be out today. My food this weekend was terrible, I made some really bad choices, just let stress and bad feelings invade and went right down the drain with it... ugh... totally my fault, no one elses. So today it is back to the basics and getting back on track. Stairs, water, tracking food!

I am in a huge hurry this morning but I did get a chance to read through the posts just don't have time to answer each of them right now... will hop back on later on when I have a minute.

bandit2
03-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Morning, turtles:

Very busy weekend & even though I had good intentions I had some snacks last night which I didn't need. But hopefullyl, didn't do too much damage
overall & back at it today.

It was very cold over the weekend and busy as well, but good weekend.

Congrats to all who lost weight last week, good news.

Lets everyone have a great week!

Itryharder
03-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Hi Turtles,
Whew! The weekend flew.
Terri----keep up the great pep talks. My scale isn't budging, but I think I'm looking better too. Glad people are noticing your weight loss. That's a great feeling. :cheer:

Nancy, understand the computer overuse----about the TMJ--although I haven't had it, I know several who have and it's a condition that always goes away. The mouth guard should help and although you're uncomfortable right now-----understatement---you'll be better soon.

Princess, yep----weekends have a way of doing that with the overeating an yuckky choices---. Glad you'll be back on track today with the stairs, etc.

Bandit, hear you about the snacks-----it's so tough to be sociable and not have them around. When I catch my breath, I'll post a recipe for a bean dip that is great in Baked Scoops that I think would be nice for an appetizer.

Had a good weekend====ate out twice, but on Sunday I grabbed a piece of high fiber bread and 2 oz. of turkey and ran out the door to go to a soccer game I thought we weren't going to. Interestingly enough it was a much more filling breakfast than I've been used to eating. So after the game, at lunchtime I ended up having half a bowl of oatmeal at the diner. Great choice and the rest of the day was good too. Would love to see the scale move, but we'll see. So far I'm actually up from last Wed.

Keep up the good work----get rid of images of poor choices, they're done and over----let's drink that water, take baby steps, and get to goal.

Judy

terrod99
03-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Hey all !

Isn't there some saying about talk it, think it and it will be, I am trying this thinking thinner, being positive. I'm pretty sure it is working. I should have taken measurements, I know I have a smaller waist, hip area. I have less of an appetite I don't think about food all day. I still make some bad choices but I don't eat the whole bag of chips I do the points and eat the portion and move on. I am thinking lifestyle, I know I can live a lifstyle of moderation, I also know I couldnot do it if I cut out everything. This time I really think I am ready for this change, I wish it could be quicker but I am being realistic. So yes we can do this!!!!!!!

Enough rambling! So lets eat well, move, and lots of water (have to work on the water part!) and report in to the group and we will be successful......

Have a great Tuesday!

Terri

Princess1122
03-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Good morning everyone... was up most of the night with a bad headache so am not feeling great but wanted to pop by and say hello and best wishes for a great day!

Itryharder
03-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi Turtles,
Okay----thinking about what Terri said: If we haven't taken measurements, please take them now. We'll all be thinner since we are determined to reach goal. I've got mine recorded and I have lost over five inches from my hips. Can you imagine that? I'm down from a 2X to a size 16-18 in pants. So, I love Terri's suggestion. Many times the scale didn't budge for me, but I'd lose 1/4" somewhere and I was always glad!

And also, keeping on posting here is what I need to do! And the thinking part, Terri----you're right on! I have realized that even when I was tracking, at night I'd grab a little this or that and slow up my weight loss.
I'm ready for this weight to come off.

Princess, feel better. :goodvibes:

All: We are doing this. Baby steps, drink the water, move the body and keep on keepin' on. The scale's looking better for me today, so I'm feeling great.

Judy

bandit2
03-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Morning, turtles:

Terri - great pep talk, just what we all need - thanks!

Princess - not good about the headache, my dd gets migraines and is always a concern, hope you are feeling better.

Judy - glad your scale is co-operating, nice to see it go down.

All - keep motivated!

Kept on track yesterday and brought big salad with chicken for my lunch.
So all set for a good OP day!

life4evr
03-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi. Everyone. So I had a serious eating session yesterday, I did track everything. I guess the potatoe chips set me off. Not really sure. Everyone knows I have a serious sweet tooth. So those little frozen pops that are flavored. Anyway we have several of those here. I had one and then tracked it. It was only 1 pt. I can deal with that.

I had to get my eyes examined today which is always an adventure for me since I have a condition. But I am good. New contacts are ordered and my condition has stabalized itself. Thank God. I know I really need to avoid salt. Exercise isn't happening today, just feeling too drained.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

terrod99
03-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Wed. Weigh In!

Hope all my positive talk helped me!!!! I ate too much last night, why!!!! self sabotage! Moving on I got up at 5:20 am and went to the Y did 50 minutes of cardio, until my ipod thingy flew and mad a big clatter to the floor! It has a metal back and was very loud! Leave it to me to cause a spectacle !

So have a great Hump day! Water, Move, Power Foods! and keep on keepin on Gals!

Terri

bandit2
03-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Morning turtles:

Terri - good luck today at the scales!

Life - glad your eye examine went well.

Nice sunny day up here but we are suppose to get some snow overnight & then rain tomorrow. Hopefully snow won't amount to anything - really end
of March, bring on the warm temp!

Yesterday at work there were girlguide cookies on the counter - I almost had some with my coffee, but the box had not been opened yet, so that saved me.
People keep bringing stuff in that no one needs & I find that frustrating. I know we have to learn to avoid these things, but makes it hard. Anyway, I felt good about not indulging.

Does anyone watch Biggest Loser? They have lost so much weight it is truly amazing. Watched last night.

Have a good Wed.

Itryharder
03-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi running and on the phone, but I lost .8# this week. I think I've found a way to shake up the weight by limiting my bread to 1 serving/day.
Best to all!!!
Judy
234.6/190.8/180's and thinner :cool:
Keeping on this trend, I'll be in the 180's next week. Yay.

Princess1122
03-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Just wanted to pop in a say a quick hello... things have been crazy busy this week for me so I just have not had time to realy post. Congrats to Judy and everyone else that lost this week - I don't think that I will be among the loosers but will keep at it!

life4evr
03-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Hope everyone has a good day. My eating has been okay. I managed to make it to the gym. The ellipitical machine nearly took me out, but I managed to survive 30 minutes on it. Sad to say I haven't had lunch yet. I went to the gym after work and running some errands. Going to cook in a few minutes.

Itryharder
03-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Princess, write when you can. We all know how busy you are! :goodvibes:

Life4evr, weigh to go on the :strong: Yay! Let us know what you decide to cook. :chef:

Having a good day. Had the last step of getting my cap finished ----as in tooth, not hat. Am trying to keep on top of my emotions and eating the right foods. I feel I'm on the right track again and when I lose another pound this week I'll be in the 180's!!!!

Good luck to us all.

Bandit, hope your WI is a good one. Aunt Loopy, are you out there? Cherry, how's tricks? Nancy, are you having a good week? Terri, keep those thinking messages and pep talks coming. I know we'll all lose weight this spring!
Judy
234.6/190.6/180's and thinner!!!!!!

life4evr
03-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks Itryharder. Well I cooked turkey cheeseburger with the cheese fries recipe from the WW site. Just got finished cooking some fish for tomorrow or later tonight not sure if I am going to get hungry again. So far I am still pretty good. I even did some light weights at the gym.

terrod99
03-31-2011, 08:22 AM
Thursday! Blah!

Worked late missed the Weigh in! Had a headache, wanted to take a coworker out back and take a round out of her! then ate frozen pizza and drank wine! That sums up my day! Hope everyone elses was better!

Bandit- I have worked in different suites in our building most are like yours they were always bringing in stuff, now I work in the skinny healthy suite! It is good, we have healthy salad filled lunches if we order out! My boss is like me so it is good for her too that we moved offices. It is good to surround yourself with thin people!

Life, Judy & Princess hope all is well in your necks of the woods!

Aunt loopy, cherry, nancy check in we miss hearing from you guys!

Today is my Friday boss has the next 4 booked off! So I am playing hooky not telling anyone (read Mother) I am off, going to go to Y in the AM, maybe shopping me me me!!!!

hope you all have an on plan day!!!
Terri

Itryharder
03-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Terri, glad to hear you're in a "skinny suite" now. It is helpful to be in a skinny group. I am the only overweight person in my book club of seven members. They are all uber fit and have been their whole lives. They all go to the gym or workout in some way. One of them runs 8 miles s few times a week. We meet for lunch to discuss our book/monthly. I wouldn't dare order anything fattening because I'd look like a slob to myself with them all ordering chicken and salad. So, I've learned some good habits from them and it works.

Life4evr, I'll have to check out those fries-----and I should be eating more fish. Thanks for the tips.

Right now I'm eating an egg and cheese for breakfast----points plus4-----no bread. It holds me, especially if I start the day early with a small banana and then have the egg around ten o'clock. I usually eat an orange with the egg because it's tasty. That can hold me until two o'clock or so. Then I'm eating one full fiber slice of bread with 2oz. of turkey and a smear of roasted pepper spread. Yum! That's only 3points plus. For dinner I switched back to some very lean chopped beef and a sweet potato and veggies. That's a nice change from all the chicken I had been eating. In any case, for now, this is working. I'm down another pound on my home scale and I'm ready to shout Yay!!! :bravo: :chef:

Here's a :goodvibes: and :goodscale: to all of us. Whatever we're facing, we've probably faced before and we can get through it. Each day let's drink that water, move a bit, track our points and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/190.6/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
03-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Hi everyone, still super busy here so this is another quick one... this week has been bad for food, we have Easter candy around all over the place and I have just not made good choices... moving on. W/I tonight with my meeting and will get a new week started tomorrow - hoping to have a better one.

Take care everyone!

Itryharder
03-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Princess,
oooooh, Easter candy all over the place. I love the stuff. Even though I'll be hosting Easter here, I won't buy the stuff until good Sat. and at that I'll probably ask my dh to shop for it. That's tough having it right in front of you this early and right where you work. Here's :goodvibes: to help you not eat any more. :bravo:

Gotta run, but I'll start a new thread right now. See you all at #253 Bale of Turtles Doing What We Should!

Judy