General Diet Plans and Questions - Quick Weight Loss Center's Diet

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Quick Weight Loss Center's Diet

JDTH
03-17-2011, 01:01 PM
I just joined Quick Weight Loss Center. Is anyone else out there doing this? I would love to start a mini support group to help each other out. Is anyone out there interested?

CandyCoatedSymphony
03-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Quick weight loss centers...did this used to be LA Weight loss??? If so, I'm following the LAWL diet. I started Tuesday and already down 5lbs from this morning! Lemme know if this is the same place!:hug:

JDTH
03-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Gosh, I don't know if they are the same thing or not....Quick Weight Loss Centers are located in Georgia and Florida that I know of.

Simba9960
05-19-2011, 10:24 AM
I also started on QWL Monday...from what I read I think it is sort of like LAWL...

How are you doing now? I'm hoping to meet others that are on the diet as well or something similar to swap notes....plus get to know others that are on the same journey as I am.

Take Care
~Sally

proudmommy09
05-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Im on qwlc diet and have lost 14lbs in 6wks. Ive cheated and now im having the hardest time getting back on plan but I can say that it does work!!! I would love to be on here to have some support, I cant find any support groups online for qwlc

stacygee
05-20-2011, 07:00 PM
I did QWLC for a while. It would help if they did have some on-line support. It is a good program. It is in Texas too.

Simba9960
05-21-2011, 08:50 PM
ProudMommy09 ~ I know what you mean regarding online support! Just now I did a search to see if I can get some tips for picking up dinner. I don't feel like cooking anything else today and need to just chill w/the fam! I'm basically a slave of work, school and now this diet all of these for my own well being and doing of course...I've dropped about 5 lbs in a week. We'll see on Monday how it goes!

Stacygee ~ Way to go w/your weight loss! Amazing! How did you do it? Was it various different diets, tips and tricks? I would LOVE IT if QWLC had some form of on-line guidance! Even if it's a membership only, must sign up, validate, give up your first and last born kinda of headache to log into but it would be helpful! Just kidding about the first and last born piece...LOL...
It's great to see the LAWL is somewhat similar to QWLC's plans...

Hope to keep in touch w/you ladies as we continue down this evolving journey!

Ferumbras
05-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Could you provide some specifics on what this program does/requires? I think I may be doing a similar plan, just with a differently named center, as I'm on the West Coast.

Simba9960
05-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Hi Ferumbras ~ it's a 3 stage program

-Weight Loss (few months)
-Stabilization (couple months)
-Maintenance (a few visits a year)

It has around (3) set plans - I'm on Plan 1 which is:
2 Proteins
4 Veggies
3 Fruits
2 Starches
1 Fat
80 Oz Water
8 Oz of FF Milk (of desired)

Plus all the other supplements, vitamins, minerals, etc...

Does it sound the same? I realized that there's no pork on the options list for protein and rarely no cheese. Which might be a killer for me...I like the program so far because of the accountability factor of going in at my leisure to get my measurements and weight logged. As opposed to WW where I had to be there at their scheduled time.

I'll probably have more to say in a few weeks about the whole thing :)

Let me know if it sounds like what you might be doing...I'm on the East coast.

Ferumbras
05-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Similar, but not quite the same. My plan has the same basic 3 phases, and I'm also in phase 1, but there things begin to differ. My plan looks like this:

Eat every 2-3 hours, including within an hour of getting up and an hour of going to bed. For me, that translates into 6 mini-meals a day.
Minimum of 10 g of lean protein per mini-meal.
Keep carbs low, at least 10g lower than protein over the course of the entire day.
Drink lots of water.
Calorie restricted, based on personal circumstances (for me, I'm at or below 950 every day).

There are no specific restrictions on fat or sodium, or requirements about veggies or fruits. I try to eat veggies every day (have slacked off the past few days) and keep my fat and sodium intake low on general principles.

proudmommy09
05-22-2011, 03:21 PM
So how is everyone doing on this plan? I so need a kick in the butt over here. Also a quick dinner when you dont feel like cooking is a rost. chicken shredded with celery, mayo and some green grapes. yummy and easy.

I know ive prob gained back 5# back. Im gonna start back at it tomorrow I had a busy birthday weekend. Im unsure as to just start back with normal plan or maybe a two day prep phase again.

proudmommy09
05-22-2011, 03:22 PM
I did QWLC for a while. It would help if they did have some on-line support. It is a good program. It is in Texas too.

So why did you get off qwlc just curios?

Alitig1
05-22-2011, 04:13 PM
I wish there was a sub forum for this instead of having to search for it every time I visit.

I started QWLC plan 2 on Friday. There is very little online for support so I decided to join up here. I'm really feeling exhausted, have a head cold, and am wondering if this is related to the new diet plan? Anyone else get sick right away when they started QWLC?

Lets also discuss how the products taste - I didn't buy much yet because I think most bars and shakes taste awful and would rather use things I got from WHole foods to have no weird ingredients.

proudmommy09
05-22-2011, 11:23 PM
I wish there was a sub forum for this instead of having to search for it every time I visit.

I started QWLC plan 2 on Friday. There is very little online for support so I decided to join up here. I'm really feeling exhausted, have a head cold, and am wondering if this is related to the new diet plan? Anyone else get sick right away when they started QWLC?

Lets also discuss how the products taste - I didn't buy much yet because I think most bars and shakes taste awful and would rather use things I got from WHole foods to have no weird ingredients.

Im on plan 2 also, im sure the headaches are your body getting adjusted. About the bars and stuff Ive had success using pure protein bars from walmart and i heard you could use atkins and south beach bars as well alot cheaper!! Anyway hope to find more people on qwlc for support

Im starting back up tomorrow after a week long hiatus from plan, wish me luck

Ferumbras
05-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Think Thin bars are pretty tasty, and I only use 1/2 as a serving, which essentially means I get twice as much for the price. Don't know how it'd compare in cost to the bars your program uses. Same with the Health Wise brand (though for them I eat a whole bar for a serving).

Simba9960
05-23-2011, 01:35 PM
So how is everyone doing on this plan? I so need a kick in the butt over here...I know ive prob gained back 5# back. Im gonna start back at it tomorrow I had a busy birthday weekend. Im unsure as to just start back with normal plan or maybe a two day prep phase again.

Hi there Proudmommy~

So far I'm doing okay...I did get the severe headaches on Sunday. Weigh myself this AM and I've dropped 5 lbs. so for now I'll take it =) My body is having a real hard time adjusting w/out enough carbs but I'm sure it's the cleansing of all that bad stuff that in it! :?:

GO FOR IT...start back up and maybe we can swap notes and shed a few lbs here and there...whatever works!!

:hug:

Simba9960
05-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi Alitig ~ I know what you mean. I originally joined 3FC back in 2010 trying to look for info on QWLC. But nothing back then and very little now...maybe if we keep the momentum going it will finally have it's own forum discussion sub-section? :wave:

I was also feeling extra exhausted two days out of the seven that I've been on it...really bad headaches, fatigue, everything...and that's with taking all the supplements necessary on one of those days. The other day I might be able to attribute it to not taking the quick boost.

So far I've tried the Cran-Grape and enjoyed it...helps w/my mid-day attacks right before lunch. The Caramel Crunch was a pleasant surprise as it tasted like a downgraded version of a snickers bar YUM! The Vanilla Cappuccino was really good during the times when the rest of the office is ordering their Starbucks or cuban coffee...I can still partake in the coffee ritual :dizzy:

BTW I CANNOT log in everything manually so I started using Spark People's website to do my online food diary...

hope we can continue to swap stories...

Take care!!

Simba9960
05-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Im on plan 2 also, im sure the headaches are your body getting adjusted. About the bars and stuff Ive had success using pure protein bars from walmart and i heard you could use atkins and south beach bars as well alot cheaper!! Anyway hope to find more people on qwlc for support

I'm starting to do the label comparisons in hopes to not pay $15 a box for their supplements. I'll continue to buy some of their items if I can match but it would be great to get cheaper products!!!

Alitig1
05-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Think thin creamy peanut butter is my favorite! I love it and am missing it while I eat the Peanut butter bars from QWLC, Whole foods had a sale on them a few weeks ago and I bought 2 boxes. I was starving today. I couldn't get enough to eat. Then I realized I fogot my Herbal balance and everything else at home so I took it really late today. I don't like the weird rules like no mixing fruits or proteins at the same meal. How far apart do they have to be eaten?

Think Thin bars are pretty tasty, and I only use 1/2 as a serving, which essentially means I get twice as much for the price. Don't know how it'd compare in cost to the bars your program uses. Same with the Health Wise brand (though for them I eat a whole bar for a serving).

Lose Ordie
05-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Hey all! I am new to this forum and wanted to join in the qwlc chatter! I have been doing it for a month including the prep phase and I too am trying to go from 240 to 180. I am turning 50 this year (male) and have already lost near 20 pounds. I bought the Platinum Plan that gives me all the supplements I need for my 18 week program. I have found the "crispy" bars to be best because like they have more crunch. I am learning all the rules about no fruit after 6 and god forbid you try To substitute, they will put you on a water flush! I find it is great to check in and get the encouragement, today the showed me my picture and I was a mess! Please feel free to ask me anything I am here to share. I have tried nearly all the bars and supplements and may be able to save you from disappointment... For example they have steak and cheese macaroni that is not very good, but then I
Like the cinnamon cereal and the banana shake. Of course people tastes are different... I did not care for the crangrape drink. Well that's all for now can you tell me how to get the. Weight ticker thingy in my signature? I need that!!! PL in Miami

love2b150
05-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Hi Ladies, when you get back to this thread there is a box that says thread tools, click on it and subscribe to the thread. Then when you log on you click on the header quick links and then go down to miscellaneous and click on subscribed threads and it'll be there. or if you don't want the notifications I think each thread that you post to will be under quick links under subscribed thread ... give it a shot, hope this helps

Alitig1
05-28-2011, 10:09 AM
What is this dreaded water flush? I have heard of it from friends on the program but I'm only in week 1 and haven't had to do it. I am afraid to write down anything I eat off program because they get so crazy and repeat the 2 rules (eat only from page 6 and eat everything you are supposed to eat). I'm doing well, just having a hard time with the rules fitting into my life.

Hey all! I am new to this forum and wanted to join in the qwlc chatter! I have been doing it for a month including the prep phase and I too am trying to go from 240 to 180. I am turning 50 this year (male) and have already lost near 20 pounds. I bought the Platinum Plan that gives me all the supplements I need for my 18 week program. I have found the "crispy" bars to be best because like they have more crunch. I am learning all the rules about no fruit after 6 and god forbid you try To substitute, they will put you on a water flush! I find it is great to check in and get the encouragement, today the showed me my picture and I was a mess! Please feel free to ask me anything I am here to share. I have tried nearly all the bars and supplements and may be able to save you from disappointment... For example they have steak and cheese macaroni that is not very good, but then I
Like the cinnamon cereal and the banana shake. Of course people tastes are different... I did not care for the crangrape drink. Well that's all for now can you tell me how to get the. Weight ticker thingy in my signature? I need that!!! PL in Miami

Lose Ordie
05-29-2011, 04:24 PM
First let me ask if I am allowed to be here, I just want to share with like minded PEOPLE about the QLWC diet! I have man boobs...Can I get a pass?

The water flush is when they take away a fruit and make you drink up to 100 ounces a day, it is one of their tricks to help you break a plateau, another one is the protein break where they might take take away a starch and have you on strict choices for a few days.

I love the diet because you have freedom to make it "your own" within their guidelines, I am learning to make better choices and feel great!

It works if you work it!
:carrot::dizzy::carrot:

love2b150
06-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm not on the QLWC diet but I do like getting tips from everyone on any diet. If it will help shed the pounds I'll use it. :)

Lose Ordie you have to be a member for so long (don't remember how long) and have so many post to get the ticker. Oh and I'm curious ... for someone like me that mainly drinks water so 100+ ounces is easy, what would you do. Thanks.

Lose Ordie
06-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Well how did everyone do after the Memorial Day break?
I had friends visiting and even though I deprived myself and only had a little of the "bad stuff" - (F.attening Foods A.lcohol T.aters and other starches) I only maintained when I could have lost a couple! So just remember if your love ones come to visit don't let them derail the Happytrain to Thintown! Whoo -Whoo! I think I need carbs!

:dizzy::devil::dizzy:

Alitig1
06-01-2011, 07:45 PM
I lost 3.6 and they put me on a water flush because he said I should have lost more. I was not pleased.

Lose Ordie
06-01-2011, 08:53 PM
I think I may have gained a pound and they are giving me till Monday before I get a "push"! I am happy someone is checking in on me because I wander off course quite easily...do you go in everyday? I find that it is harder to stray from the diet when I am working it to a "T". I let my weight go out of control to the point of hypertension, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, fatty liver... how many signs do I need to fight this? I am going to see the Doctor tomorrow I will give a report. Hope everybody edges towards their goal!
:(:^::(

Alitig1
06-02-2011, 07:08 PM
I live an hour away from the closest center so I am getting in once or twice a week. I am so hungry today and I'm not sure why.

Lose Ordie
06-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Well my blood pressure is better than ever but the doctor wants me to continue to take it. I messed up the diet the other day by making Mushroom soup and using Tofu to make it creamy. WRONG... Tofu was only allowed on the prep phase. So now they have me on 3 quick boosts. I can't believe I still mess up when I have been doing it for a month! My doctor called my 17 pound weight loss a step in the right direction but he wants me to 165. I am looking to go from 240 to 180 by 9/1 and can't believe I will lose 40 pounds in 12 weeks! I look in the mirror and say...yuck if I look this bad after losing almost 20 pounds I need to double my resolve to lose more! I like how at my clinic they have a picture of a guy who lost a lot and kept it off 5 years. That's what I am trying to do. My health was failing miserably and I am already sleeping better (dark eye circles fading), my blood pressure is down and my headaches are significantly less.
I sure hope I can claim this on my taxes!

Alltig, make sure and get your liquids down and your Herbal Extreme ONE hour before you eat. it really curbs the cravings when your belly is half full of water and the Hoodia kicks in!

:D;):D

proudmommy09
06-03-2011, 02:42 PM
hi all, im chuging along and doing better this week, I fell off for a couple weeks... thought about and failed at doing another diet called IP and here I am back to the BEST PLAN EVER!!! It works so great IF you stick to it. Ive learned my lesson the hard way and now im back!! Hope everyone is having a great on plan day

Simba9960
06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
So I had a horrible Memorial Weekend Breakdown  Week! But as we say "this too shall pass" =) I went back to the center today after almost two weeks of not making it in. Didn’t help that I slipped and sprained NASTY my left ankle! It’s finally all healed and I can get back on track.
I’m beginning to get irritated with some of the “nutritionist” hyping sales and pitching the MOST UNBELIEVEABLE deal EVER! I just brush it off…I couldn’t believe that a box of 14 quick boost was going to cost me $30 for a weeks supply? Insane? But as soon as I retracted they offered me a “discounted” rate if I bought 6 making them $15 each…I’m def going to take advantage of it but that will have to wait until the next pay check!

So I got on the scale and even though I did not lose a lb. I did lose .8 ounces. Still a step in the right direction! Now I’m going stir crazy not being able to “work out” so I do not know if I should go ahead and snack on one of their protein bars and go for a walk when I get home from the office!?!? I’m also getting pretty disgusted w/chicken and greens. How is everyone preparing their meals? Any menu ideas? My breakfast are perfect since it’s one slice of nature’s own 40 cal bread, Eggland’s Best hard boiled egg, a tsp of hellman’s light mayo and some fruit (blueberries, grapes, orange, etc…) plus my coffee and QB =)

I like the program because of the guide it gives in making some great choices. The accountability factor of coming in at my leisure and seeing my weight periodically also helps me out…but the staff and their sales gimmick when I just recently (not even a month) have already dished out $700+ kills me. What’s worse is the rotation of the so-called “weight management” staff- you tend to repeat yourself over and over again since they either don’t make notes in our charts or read notes…

Okay now on to making a week’s worth of menu planning and organization! I’m going to start doing a goal list for ever 10 lbs lost something new will be bought =)

Happy Loosing Everyone!

Lose Ordie
06-06-2011, 06:01 PM
I understand you are trying to do this plan frugally and it is not as easy as it is for me. I picked a QWLC I can swing by on my way home (I commute 40 miles each way to work). I also paid the crazy amount to get the Platinum Package and believe me I have spent more and got less! I got all the QBs, pills and supplements(Food) I need to finish my 18 week plan.
and I knew for me if I was to have to "find the money" I would have broke plan and I think you have to really stick to your resolve even more.

I too had some Memorial day cheats that I won't even write in my log.
I am only cheating myself- but then if my counselors see me not losing they must suspect something is wrong. I have made MANY mistakes on the program too! Like if you have tuna you can't have something else limited in the diet that day. I have been going almost every day and I too am tired of "chicken and greens"... I go to Sams Club and pay like 12 bucks for a big ole tray of chicken breasts, hit them with Mrs. Dash grill em up and then take them to work where I split them long ways then cut it into medallions spread them over my greens hit them with some gourme mist and a coupla tablespoons of apple cider vinegar... yummy for the first week now kinda boring!

I agree the counselor rotation can mess you up when you see someone different everyday. I think I am going to start requesting specific people because some people make me feel good about it and others I just do NOT connect with.

I have heard you can buy the products on the internet cheaper. If you want to write me personally maybe I could help you more.

I find myself eating a slice of pepperidge farm skinny bread 1 egg and an apple most breakfasts. But I did have the QWLC cinnamon cereal today and I like it.
I made QWLC jello with strawberries last night and dreamed God put a dollop of cool whip on it. He does work in mysterious ways!

Another thing I love to do is eat 2 Sunsweet prunes, they come individually wrapped and are easy to get a quick fruit in!

Oh and I do not work out much at all- after driving home for an hour I feel like couchflopping almost everyday!

Remember results will come IF you stay on plan.

NO BOOZE-NO BREAD it's better than DEAD!

:carrot::devil::carrot:

Simi123
06-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone - Boy and I glad I discovered this forum. It's nice to be able to relate to others who are following this crazy plan! I did it about 1.5 years ago to lose 26 lbs so I could be at a healthy weight when I get pregnant. Luckily, I got pregnant during my stabilization phase and only made it to week 3 of my 6 week cycle.

I gained 65 lbs during my pregnancy. I lost 45lbs from having the baby, using Weight Watchers (because I was in no mental state post-baby to deprive myself as the QWLC plan requires you to do!). After a plateau, I joined QWLC to lose the final 20. I've lost about 9-10lbs after 4 weeks. I know it should be more, but like many of you, I've stuck to their plan 80% of the time. I haven't cheated to the extent where I've had any alcohol/wine/beer or cakes or cookies or pizzas, etc. I have about 3 more weeks to go and I still want to lose my final 10lbs.

Every other day I go through an emotional rollercoaster on how much I love/hate the plan. I'm scared to death once I'm done with the plan, I will gain all the weight back. :?:

How are you all handling it? Any tips to stay with it or correct the bad behavior?

Good luck to you all!

Simi123
06-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Hey guys, email me or message me directly if you want some tips on sites you can by the QWLC products for cheaper. I found some for $10/box. I also have a tip for the Quick Boost. Good luck!

Simi123
06-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Does anyone use the supplements they push on you? I'm desperate since i'm at my final 10lbs. I haven't been using the KLB or EFA's because I don't think they work. Anyone have any good examples of them working/not working for you?

Good luck!:carrot:

Alitig1
06-07-2011, 09:07 PM
What's KLB? I like the herbal extreme (hoodia) because I actually don't get hungry. I use my own brand of EFA (carlsons) because they don't upset my stimach and I didn't want to change. They help with going to the bathroom. I don't ujse quick boost because it makes me double over in pain. I do use the carb blockers.

Lose Ordie
06-08-2011, 02:12 AM
Simi123 I would like that info, I can't find a way to private message could you send to mrgimme at gmail dot com? ( typed this way because sometimes they get stripped out)

We have a great thread going! I was on the treadmill twice today and perfect plan following! I am changing my lifestyle so keeping weight off will already be a habit, QWLC is just giving me fast results- I never want live in Fattytown again! ( even though I haven't quite left yet) I am heading OUT!

ARE YOU COMING TOO?

Simi123
06-10-2011, 05:36 PM
What's KLB? I like the herbal extreme (hoodia) because I actually don't get hungry. I use my own brand of EFA (carlsons) because they don't upset my stimach and I didn't want to change. They help with going to the bathroom. I don't ujse quick boost because it makes me double over in pain. I do use the carb blockers.
Here is more info on KLB (got it from the QWLC website):

"Look and feel great while you're losing weight! KLB 5 is a healthy formula to naturally aid in a safe and effective weight loss program. This formula contains Kelp, Bromelain, Lecithin, Blue-Green Algae, and Apple Cider Vinegar and contains no yeast, sucrose (white sugar), starch, artificial colours, flavors or preservatives. If youíve tried potions, shakes, and starvation and still havenít achieved your desired results, an herbal diet aid may just be what you need. Two tablets per meal is all it takes!"

Thanks for the feedback on EFA's. I agree with you that the QB is too much caffeine.

Simi123
06-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Simi123 I would like that info, I can't find a way to private message could you send to mrgimme at gmail dot com? ( typed this way because sometimes they get stripped out)

We have a great thread going! I was on the treadmill twice today and perfect plan following! I am changing my lifestyle so keeping weight off will already be a habit, QWLC is just giving me fast results- I never want live in Fattytown again! ( even though I haven't quite left yet) I am heading OUT!

ARE YOU COMING TOO?
Hi there! I actually figured out a way to post the info here using your method :)

Quick Boosts are basically the FRS Powder Sticks. They just brand them and charge more for it at QWLC. I did a comparison of the ingredients on the boxes and they are the same. You can sometimes get the QB/FRS for $8/box if you search online vs the $20 they charge in the center!

Also, check out NashuaNutrition and mydietshopz (google them for the links) and you can get access to mostly the same products for less than $10/box. If you order more than $75 its free shipping too. Much more economical than the Centers!

Good luck everyone!

Alitig1
06-11-2011, 08:39 PM
I have a consistent weight loss of 3.4 per week but the people at the center don't seem to think it's en0ough. I'm going there for support and encouragement but I'm getting a "meh" attitude. Just because I'm large doesn't mean I'm gonna pull biggest loser boy numbers. Ok. enough whining!

Have a great weekend everyone

Simi123
06-13-2011, 10:03 PM
I have a consistent weight loss of 3.4 per week but the people at the center don't seem to think it's en0ough. I'm going there for support and encouragement but I'm getting a "meh" attitude. Just because I'm large doesn't mean I'm gonna pull biggest loser boy numbers. Ok. enough whining!

Have a great weekend everyone

I think they are just trained to push you no matter what numbers you pull. It's like that attitude of nothing is good enough to make sure you don't slack on the diet? I am pulling 2lbs a week (considering i'm following it 85% it's not terrible). Honestly, I'd rather have a sustainable loss than something that is extreme (like cut out all the salt) and then when you go back to it, you balloon up because its water weight. This plan is AWESOME, and as long as you keep your head straight, you'll be fine.

Brittney4177
06-14-2011, 06:43 PM
I just joined QWLC and I am confused about the guarantee. I know that if you don't take the vitamins and supplements that at the end of your weight loss program (mine is 20 weeks) if you haven't lost the amount of weight that they said you would lose then you are SOL bc you didn't follow the program.

My question is....Do I have to buy their products to maintain the guarantee or do I just have to have those items? I want to purchase the FRS powder and the drinks and bars from Nashua. I haven't found all of the supplements yet.

I'm not really 100% concerned about the guarantee. The girl told me that if I didn't use all the supplements I would probably still lose 55 or the 65 lbs which I would be happy with.

However, if I get to the end of my 20 weeks and I'm only down 55 lbs and I'm ok with that do I go into my 6 week stabilization or will they make me lose the additional 10 lbs before that?

:?: I'm just a little confused on what to do!

Alitig1
06-15-2011, 09:52 AM
I haven't figured out the whole guarantee thing, either. I don't have an answer for you but wanted you to know that I am in the same boat. I guess it all comes down to the end of the weight loss phase, and having to pay 45 dollars a week if you didn't buy their items to continue to use their services.

Simi123
06-16-2011, 02:39 PM
I just joined QWLC and I am confused about the guarantee. I know that if you don't take the vitamins and supplements that at the end of your weight loss program (mine is 20 weeks) if you haven't lost the amount of weight that they said you would lose then you are SOL bc you didn't follow the program.

My question is....Do I have to buy their products to maintain the guarantee or do I just have to have those items? I want to purchase the FRS powder and the drinks and bars from Nashua. I haven't found all of the supplements yet.

I'm not really 100% concerned about the guarantee. The girl told me that if I didn't use all the supplements I would probably still lose 55 or the 65 lbs which I would be happy with.

However, if I get to the end of my 20 weeks and I'm only down 55 lbs and I'm ok with that do I go into my 6 week stabilization or will they make me lose the additional 10 lbs before that?

:?: I'm just a little confused on what to do!

I think they will pressure you towards the end of your plan to sign up for "renewals" which should be discounted weeks, so if you spent $40 it would be $30 or so to get you down to that original weightloss number. Personally, I'm in the same boat. I'm about 9 lbs from my number I told them I wanted to lose and have 2 weeks left and as I'm getting smaller, I'm only getting 2 lbs/a week. I already told them, I'm not signing up for more weeks since I'm happy with what I have accomplished and want to work out more while in stabilization and keep their plan 80% and start to include some body for life techniques (6 small meals which include a protein, low fat/low carb).

Just do your best and know you have options to keep going if you need to. I just had a baby close to 8 months ago and being 5-7 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight is good for me. Mentally, I can't deprive myself anymore and need a break. Who knows, I may be back :)

stacygee
06-16-2011, 06:54 PM
So why did you get off qwlc just curios?

The first time I was doing really well and then I got pregnant and got put on hold. Then I breastfed and didn't feel like I could follow the plan while breastfeeding. After all that was over I was ready to start back and they had changed a bunch of things and my favorite supplements were gone and I just couldn't follow through with all the changes. And in all actuality I was having what now I would call post-partum depression although noone ever put a name to it. I just wasn't ready.

Now I do follow some of the things I learned at QWLC. I don't eat fruit past 2PM (I also added carbs to that rule). I only eat beef 2 times a week.

I also wished for some more type of interaction with the QWLC. They were always so "medical" and sometimes I needed some emotional support. I wonder why they have their program built like that. But they really should try to do some type of online support. I think it would help.

stacygee
06-16-2011, 06:56 PM
With the guarantee I am pretty sure if you have one day off plan the guarantee is null and void.

Alitig1
06-16-2011, 06:59 PM
well, I only lost 1.6 over the past week, but I haven't been eating much food and I started exercising every day . Perhaps that's why?

But I did lose 15.25 inches in the first month so I am happy. Of course I have only a few pieces of clothing that I can still wear out of the house. Such a problem to have :)

Going to work on eating all of the foods on my plan.

Alitig1
06-23-2011, 02:49 PM
I lost 3.6 so far this week after a .4 loss last week. The worker told me that I shouldn't be losing any weight becuase I am not eating enough. Guess I need to eat more.

OnMyWay1113
06-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Hi All!

I started QWLC 2 days ago and I am very excited!! I want to lose a total of 33 pounds. There are not a lot of blogs/forums on QWLC so I was pleasantly surprised when I found this website.

Today is my last day on the prep phase and so far I have lost 8.8lbs. :) If you have any questions as to what I am eating or just want support please don't hesitate to ask me.

183.8/175/150

MBA2010
06-29-2011, 05:18 PM
I am so glad I have found this forum as I just joined QWLC last week, finished PREP yesterday.

itsmecaitlin
07-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi, I am a 28 year old female. I started the Quick Weight Loss diet in January 2011, after my brother (26) lost 70 pounds on it.

I have lost 57 pounds so far, in 6 months. My goal was/is 82 pounds in 6 months, but the loss has slowed down the past month, mostly because I have been doing pretty intense exercise. I am building muscle and toning and tightening up, so the pounds are confused about what to do. I am doing a fitness bootcamp 4-5 days a week, and I highly recommend doing one of these if you have any desire to work out. After the first 3 weeks of bootcamp, I finally started losing again. I think my body was just confused, lol.

The diet works. You HAVE to stick to it though. I didn't drink ANY alcohol the first 4 months of my diet. That is when I saw the most loss. The past few months, I have cheated a bit and drank a little here and there, but even when I do drink, it is the least caloric drink you can get (vodka). I don't recommend drinking while on the diet though, as I believe it has slowed me down. It's just hard as a 28 year old single female to not drink with all of my friends. Especially in the summer with all kinds of parties and weekend trips.

After the first couple of months, I started buying all of the products online, because I could not afford their products anymore. The only thing I can't find online is the Quick Release. Everything else, I buy online for a fraction of the price.

I have gotten tired of the diet. That's why I'm here. Even 6 months in, I still need support. I was not a vegetable eater before I started the diet. I only occasionally ate 1 or 2 green things, so this lifestyle was quite an adjustment for me. I did a good job for someone who never ate and didn't know how to cook veggies, but I still need help sometimes. Most days, I just wish I had someone that would cook all of my food for me. Working full time, going to school full time, working out, and this diet have got me in a ball of stress. I am trying to persevere and make it to my goal in the next 2 months. My 10 year high school reunion is in two weeks and I really intended to be at my goal by then. I am proud of how far I have come so far though. It's so nice to hear people tell me I look good and finally feel attractive for the first time in over 10 years. Some people even tell me they don't think I need to lose anymore, but I assure them that I have 25 to go to be at a healthy weight AND to make myself feel good. Before, it was just about being healthy, and now that the goal is so close and I see how good I can look, I want to be HOT. So that's what these last 25 pounds will be about, getting HOT.

If anybody has any questions, I can do my best to answer them.

lexem
07-11-2011, 08:46 PM
I just started with Quick Weight Loss Center. Feel like I spend most of my time thinking about what I'm supposed to eat and when and what pills I'm supposed to take at what time and keep up with ALL THAT WATER! I did 3 prep days and now I'm on day 3 of the plan. I've lost 7 pounds so far, so all the effort is definitely worth it. I'm full ALL the time (probably from the water). So far really easy, except for all the planning and THINKING I have to put into it - ha!

I don't really have a question or anything interesting to share yet, but just wanted to say hi and it's really helpful reading everyone else's input and experiences with it.

Talk to y'all soon!
(yes, I'm from Texas)

214/207/130 (cannot believe I put that out there for people to see!)

MBA2010
07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
So far, I am down 6 lbs. I started a week, then stopped for vacation. I haven't measured today.

MBA2010
07-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Oh, prior to starting QWLC, I lost 6lbs. So, I guess its a total of 12 lbs.

jadar
08-07-2011, 12:12 PM
I had to go off the qwlc diet for 3 months for medical reasons. Do I start back from the beginning with the 3 day start? or do I go back to my plan. I have gained back 90% of my weight that I lost

MBA2010
08-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Anybody make it to maintenance phase?

proudmommy09
08-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Hi all Im backkkkkkkkkkkkkk on !!!! yay week one and down 7.4 pounds, Im HAPPY about that and ready to make it a lifestyle change and not just a diet

zgee25
08-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone I am new to this site but I am also looking for support with the qwlc diet. I did the diet back in 1996 and was successful on it -- 2 children later I am going to try it again. I was lucky because I kept all of the information from the center including the stabilization phase and thank goodness the program has not really changed since 1997 (only change that I noticed was the addition of skim milk). I plan on starting the diet Monday 8/15/11----Wish me luck and best of luck to everyone here

proudmommy09
08-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Hi everyone I am new to this site but I am also looking for support with the qwlc diet. I did the diet back in 1996 and was successful on it -- 2 children later I am going to try it again. I was lucky because I kept all of the information from the center including the stabilization phase and thank goodness the program has not really changed since 1997 (only change that I noticed was the addition of skim milk). I plan on starting the diet Monday 8/15/11----Wish me luck and best of luck to everyone here

You have the maintence plan? Omg could you please email the maintence part, I have all my materials from when I did it back in 06 but never made it to maintence!!! If you cant email then maybe snail mail copies , I can compensate you for your trouble :)
email is miller6371@att.net

lexem
08-12-2011, 09:32 AM
I ran out of the supplements a little over 2 weeks ago, haven't taken any, and I'm still losing at the same rate as with the supplements. Also can't afford to buy two boxes of quick snacks a week at 17 bucks a box, so I make them stretch and only have a quick snack maybe every other day, just one. So, I've found that I can do only the food part of the program (I stick strictly to it) and not all the expensive other stuff and still lose the same amount of weight, which is between half a pound to one pound a day.

zgee25
08-13-2011, 11:42 PM
You have the maintence plan? Omg could you please email the maintence part, I have all my materials from when I did it back in 06 but never made it to maintence!!! If you cant email then maybe snail mail copies , I can compensate you for your trouble :)
email is

No trouble at all check you email

MBA2010
08-18-2011, 03:15 PM
My weight is falling off.

proudmommy09
08-19-2011, 11:56 PM
My weight is falling off.

Awesome ............it really works when you WORK it!!! how long have you been on plan? Im in la porte not too far from Pearland

124chicksinger
08-20-2011, 12:24 AM
You know, this is an interesting thread to me. I went page to page to read it. In 1981, in New Jersey, there was a QWLC in Wayne. I lost 30 lbs on the program, and it wasn't easy, but it was fast, I was young and the quickness made me enthusiastic. I lost 12 lbs in the first 2 weeks. The first 3 days weren't all that hard -- but I did get headaches a lot. Now I don't know, 30 years later if it is the same, but it was similar to LA weightloss from what I've read. After the first 3 induction days, it was to a very calorie/food restricted diet, and there was no milk or cheese allowed, only cottage cheese, no oil, and there were no products to purchase. They gave you multi-vitamins to take. I paid $400ish for the program and was guaranteed to lose the 30 lbs in, I believe it was 8 weeks...but it took a couple more than that. At least 2x on the program I was reduced to a plateau buster of 3 days in a row consuming 1 apple, 1 orange, 1 hard boiled egg for each of 3 meals. If I'm not mistaken, I wrote about this but I don't think I named the program. When I reached goal (then I went from 152 to 122, and I'm a far cry from that now) I was going to maintenance and I was told to increase my 2 veg servings to 3 per day. I cried. I never got past maintenance.

I played with my weight for a while, if I gained a few lbs, I followed the diet on my own for a few weeks. I thought I had it all under control. It was okay for a while. After I had my daughter, however, it was all uphill from there. Pregnancy changed my metabolism and I've been fighting 50 plus pounds for the past 15 years or so. Sometimes I'm the windshield, sometimes I'm the bug. I'll NEVER weigh 122 again, that's for sure.

Anyhow, remembering that diet, I cannot imagine sustaining on so little food for 6 months or so. Eventually your body needs more, right? Bless y'all that can stick to it. Then again, reading about purchasing their "foods" I guess you'd call them...it must have changed in 30 years as there were no products available that I can remember.

Aishah
08-22-2011, 03:39 AM
Hey everyone! I joined QWLC 3 1/2 weeks ago and I have lost 17 pounds so far! I'm on Plan 2. I would love to hear what everyone who follows QWLC Program what they do for breakfast. I'm a vegetarian, but I eat shrimp so they didn't put me on the vegetarian plan. The only proteins I can have are Shrimp, Scallops, Cottage Cheese and Eggs, but as you know if your on program there are restrictions on how much of each of those I can have a week.

I have a couple questions on quicksnacks. Has anyone tried the macaroni quicksnack? I miss cheese and pasta like crazy and was wondering how it tasted.

I really like the QWLC online cookbook, been getting really creative with my dishes. The stuffed eggplant was AMAZING!!

MBA2010
08-30-2011, 12:06 PM
No trouble at all check you email

Please send it to me as well. Thank you. I am on the plan and I visit the centers, but I may have to move due to Job Layoff, but I am determined to keep going. So if I am not near a center, at least I'll know what to do. Thanks a bunch.

MBA2010
08-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Awesome ............it really works when you WORK it!!! how long have you been on plan? Im in la porte not too far from Pearland

Hello, I joined in June then took a vacation---I maintained but didn't lose anything. I started over. I have to be honest. I cheat a "teeny bit". Like I eat all the salads and the veggies and grilled meats etc, but I might let myself have a something small like for my daughter's birthday. I ate a portion of a small square of cake, a smear of icing and savored the flavor. I still lost 5 lbs that week.

I am feeling better and I went running yesterday while my daughter road her bike.

proudmommy09
08-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Hello, I joined in June then took a vacation---I maintained but didn't lose anything. I started over. I have to be honest. I cheat a "teeny bit". Like I eat all the salads and the veggies and grilled meats etc, but I might let myself have a something small like for my daughter's birthday. I ate a portion of a small square of cake, a smear of icing and savored the flavor. I still lost 5 lbs that week.

I am feeling better and I went running yesterday while my daughter road her bike.

I think those small cheats keep us sane!! For me its the only way Im able to follow the diet, I love this way of eating but honestly it sounds crazy sometimes to only have 10 green grapes, etc. I have cheese on my turkey burgers and just extra stuff that seems like it wouldnt hurt my weightloss. Good luck

Aishah
08-30-2011, 10:47 PM
I think those small cheats keep us sane!! For me its the only way Im able to follow the diet, I love this way of eating but honestly it sounds crazy sometimes to only have 10 green grapes, etc. I have cheese on my turkey burgers and just extra stuff that seems like it wouldnt hurt my weightloss. Good luck

I follow the plan relgiously and It's really starting to get to me a bit. Sometimes I reallllllllllly want that extra grape or that tiny bit more of shrimp cooked or that one more ounce of skim milk, I tell you 4oz doesn't go a long way. I miss cheese. I've been thinking of having a cup of frozen yogurt which I checked is only 70 calories. The lemonade quicksnack I usually freeze and drink is 60 calories, so I'm thinking of exchanging one day of lemondade for a frozen yogurt, I'm scared it will throw me off and I'll gain though.

proudmommy09
09-01-2011, 10:04 PM
I follow the plan relgiously and It's really starting to get to me a bit. Sometimes I reallllllllllly want that extra grape or that tiny bit more of shrimp cooked or that one more ounce of skim milk, I tell you 4oz doesn't go a long way. I miss cheese. I've been thinking of having a cup of frozen yogurt which I checked is only 70 calories. The lemonade quicksnack I usually freeze and drink is 60 calories, so I'm thinking of exchanging one day of lemondade for a frozen yogurt, I'm scared it will throw me off and I'll gain though.

I wish I could follow it like that, heck for evern one day!! I admitt I struggle with this plan daily!!! I want to follow it bc I know the weightloss is amazing if I do, but then Im not prepared and bamn I have other foods instead,I hate that so much

Aishah
09-02-2011, 01:28 AM
I wish I could follow it like that, heck for evern one day!! I admitt I struggle with this plan daily!!! I want to follow it bc I know the weightloss is amazing if I do, but then Im not prepared and bamn I have other foods instead,I hate that so much

This past couple weeks have been a little harder, because I've been so extremely busy with so much that I have to make sure to stop and eat. I prepare lunch and snacks everynight the night before and bring a ziploc with me with all the supplements to take for the day.

Today, I actually didn't do so good. I didn't get my second protein requirement in today, I just ran out of time and it's too late in the evening to eat it now.

lbloser
10-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I just joined QWLS a few weeks ago, actually I went to the wrong place. My friend joined Metabolic Weight Loss Solutions and did so well. I went and joined but joined the wrong place. LOL. So far I have lost 6 pounds. I am on a tight budget so my friend gets me my drinks at her place. They only cost $10 a box there when I get 10. I heard you can go to their website and get them too. But I haven't tried it yet. It is the same drinks though.
Any recommendations for substitutes for cheese? I am starving for cheese. Also, does anyone know what happens in their maintenance part. I am so scared to lose the weight and gain it all back like I usually do.

Aishah
10-07-2011, 10:18 PM
I just joined QWLS a few weeks ago, actually I went to the wrong place. My friend joined Metabolic Weight Loss Solutions and did so well. I went and joined but joined the wrong place. LOL. So far I have lost 6 pounds. I am on a tight budget so my friend gets me my drinks at her place. They only cost $10 a box there when I get 10. I heard you can go to their website and get them too. But I haven't tried it yet. It is the same drinks though.
Any recommendations for substitutes for cheese? I am starving for cheese. Also, does anyone know what happens in their maintenance part. I am so scared to lose the weight and gain it all back like I usually do.

I can't help you there with the substitutes for cheese, but cottage cheese is on plan at OWLC plans. The recipe guide online really helped me out a lot. I love the "mock" mashed potatoes. I adore cheese, yes adore, but I haven't had one bit of cheese since I joined QWLC on July 27. I bought the Nacho Cheese quicksnack they offer and it's REALLY good because I miss pasta and I miss cheese, I really like it.

I'm also on a tight budget, so I do what I can. Make sure to buy your weekly snacks because if you don't lose all the weight they say you will by a certain date, you have a guarantee BUT you have to had followed the program (ie: bought your snacks every week and didn't eat anything off plan).

I don't know about the maintenance portion yet, I still have a ways to get to my goal weight of 165. But, from what I've been told by my center's counselors, maintenance plan involves slowly incorporating the foods you love back into your diet in small healthy portions.

proudmommy09
10-07-2011, 11:40 PM
So how are you doing so far?

Aishah
10-07-2011, 11:50 PM
So how are you doing so far?

I joined July 27, 2011 so it's been 10 weeks, and as of today down 35 pounds. :)

PositivelyMe
10-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi fellow QWLC'ers! I am new to this blog and just wanted to say Hi. I am a "2nd timer" on QWLC - doing it on my own this time - you know short on funds. Just finished my first 3 days and am down 8 lbs. Bye bye water weight!! LOL :dizzy:

PositivelyMe
10-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi all, I'm starting my second week now and feeling good! I think I am past that period of "no energy, headaches and general feeling of :(". Isn't it amazing how much better we feel when we let go of the carbs and sugar? Hope you all have a productive and low carb day!! :D

PositivelyMe
10-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Well, my goodness.....this blog doesn't seem to be very active. Nothing personal but I am going to find one with a little more activity. But before I go I just want to say how good I am feeling by following this eating plan. Great energy, clear headed and just and overall sense of happiness.

I hope all of you have a productive and low carb day!! :flow1::encore::flow1:

Aishah
10-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Well, my goodness.....this blog doesn't seem to be very active. Nothing personal but I am going to find one with a little more activity. But before I go I just want to say how good I am feeling by following this eating plan. Great energy, clear headed and just and overall sense of happiness.

I hope all of you have a productive and low carb day!! :flow1::encore::flow1:

Yes, it is a quiet thread, I think it's because Quick Weight Loss Centers aren't as popular as some of the more widely known centers and diets.

I love QWLC though. Everyone at the center I go to are ALWAYS so nice and helpful and it's not a fake nice, it's an honest type of nice. I started QWLC exactly 11 weeks ago today and I have lost 38.4 pounds.

If you ever want to share recipesthat would be great! I just came up with a new one a couple days ago!

pcbcadman
10-17-2011, 08:34 AM
I am new to this blog, but I am very familiar with the QWLC's diet. I was on it 2 years ago and lost 48 lbs in 3 months. I never went on the maintenance plan. I just kept saying to myself that I would just go back on the diet if I gained 10 lbs of it back, but I never did. I have gained back 40 lbs. OMG!!! How did I let that happen?

So now I am committed to go back on the plan. It is a great plan, but as you guys know it's somewhat complicated with a lot of nuances. I am a teckie kind of guy with a great wife that is supportive, plus I work from home which makes it a lot easier to do.

I have already bought my snacks and Boost from Nashua.com. I plan to use my own supplements (EFA's and multivitamins). I found before that I really didn't the appetite suppressors because I was eating all the time anyway.

I have all the information from 2 years ago except the Prep phase. Can any of you tell me what the Prep phase involved. It seemed like it was all the protein I could consume and do it continuously for the first two or 3 days and lots of water??? Is this correct?

I look forward to being on the blog!!! I didn't find this the 2 years!!! This is awesome!

imseriousthistime
10-25-2011, 11:19 PM
I am new to this blog, but I am very familiar with the QWLC's diet. I was on it 2 years ago and lost 48 lbs in 3 months. I never went on the maintenance plan. I just kept saying to myself that I would just go back on the diet if I gained 10 lbs of it back, but I never did. I have gained back 40 lbs. OMG!!! How did I let that happen?

So now I am committed to go back on the plan. It is a great plan, but as you guys know it's somewhat complicated with a lot of nuances. I am a teckie kind of guy with a great wife that is supportive, plus I work from home which makes it a lot easier to do.

I have already bought my snacks and Boost from Nashua.com. I plan to use my own supplements (EFA's and multivitamins). I found before that I really didn't the appetite suppressors because I was eating all the time anyway.

I have all the information from 2 years ago except the Prep phase. Can any of you tell me what the Prep phase involved. It seemed like it was all the protein I could consume and do it continuously for the first two or 3 days and lots of water??? Is this correct?

I look forward to being on the blog!!! I didn't find this the 2 years!!! This is awesome!

On the Prep you can have green veggies raw or lightly steamed. And beef, chicken, turkey, fish. No pork, no lunch meat. You should also eat 1/2 an orange twice a day. And 80-100 oz of water. You can have 2 coffees with up to 2 sweeteners. And you can have 1 QS drink and 1 QS bar a day. Avoid salt. Use vinegar or lemon on your greens. And of course any pepper or herbs (salt free!) that you like.

proudmommy09
10-27-2011, 10:50 PM
HEY GUYS IVE BEEN MISSING FOR A WHILE BC I WAS NOT FOLLOWNING THE PLAN BUT I signed up again after being off plan for 5 months and gained every pound back that I lost. Im really sticking to it this time though, in 3 days ive lost 7lbs and hope maybe for 10lbs before my first week is up. Im also committing to following the plan with NO CHEATS!! Only Christmas and thats it. Can anyone share some favorite recipes?

Talentedgirlatl
11-01-2011, 11:40 AM
:?:I tried the QWLC diet about 2 years ago and lost all of the weight I desired to lose and a little more, moved from Miami to Atlanta and started eating like a skinny girl and not watching my weight. Two years later I've gained ALL of my weight back. I went online and purchased the pills needed and am now doing the diet on my own... Can anyone remind me of what the prep phase calls for again? I have the books and guides that they originally gave me just need to know what the prep phase consists of..

Thanks

eastmeon
11-09-2011, 11:52 AM
I went to QWL 2 yrs ago & successfully lost 38lbs - of course like any diet if you dont follow it to some degree and go back to old habits, the weight reappears - no mystery there! So, I'm going to try to do it on my own this time.

Just wondering if anyone has a rough idea of what the daily intake of calories and protein is? I'm a female and was on a their basic plan aside from those boost days you got every so often. Thanks for any insight and good luck to all. :D

Aishah
11-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I went to QWL 2 yrs ago & successfully lost 38lbs - of course like any diet if you dont follow it to some degree and go back to old habits, the weight reappears - no mystery there! So, I'm going to try to do it on my own this time.

Just wondering if anyone has a rough idea of what the daily intake of calories and protein is? I'm a female and was on a their basic plan aside from those boost days you got every so often. Thanks for any insight and good luck to all. :D

Hello! It's two servings of proteins a day and two different types of protein. It's based according to the booklet on a 1500 calorie a day plan. I don't count calories, I just follow my daily intake requirements. I've been on the QWLC plan for 15 weeks (Since July 27) and have lost 51 total pounds so far, so it works!:D

Best of luck!

eastmeon
11-09-2011, 04:58 PM
thanks for the reply - the 1500 calorie info was great, how many grams of total protein for the day - any idea?

and great work w/your loss :carrot:

Aishah
11-09-2011, 05:03 PM
It varies by protein. For example: 5 oz of shrimp, 6 oz chicken breast, 2 eggs are considered one protein, etc. There are multiple different types of servings for the different types of veggies, protein, fruit, etc.

proudmommy09
11-10-2011, 12:04 AM
So what does everyones daily menu look like? I thought maybe we could share meal plans and little tips etc. here was my perfectly ON PlAN day!!

b- skim milk
s-grapes
l- tuna with melba toast
s-protein bar and apple
s- toast
D- shrimp with broccolli and butter

It was yummy and im still full from all of it. Oh and I also got my 80oz of water in. I have to admitt all those pills that they want us to take is just too much for me. I have them all but dont really ever take them... and here I am been on plan for two weeks and down 12lbs.

derdlr
11-19-2011, 03:48 PM
However, I didn't buy the platinum program the first time and now have found myself not able to afford the program 2nd time around. I've gathered all my one-page guides, but have misplaced the weight loss and maintenance guides. I only have the stablilization one-pagers. I lost 75 lbs the first time and want to lose my final 25 pounds this time. Can anyone help me with the one-page guides?:^:

raquelr82
02-06-2012, 08:49 PM
It varies by protein. For example: 5 oz of shrimp, 6 oz chicken breast, 2 eggs are considered one protein, etc. There are multiple different types of servings for the different types of veggies, protein, fruit, etc.

Hi I know this is a long shot but is ther any way you can email me the diet guide lines or the diet plan. I have all the supplements and some of the qwlc foods and protein shakes and drinks but have no idea how to use it. if you can please help me I would really appreciate it I couldnt afford the plan but someone donated everything to me. I need to k ow how to do the diffrent phases.. Thanks

kaceface
03-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Well I am back on the QWLC diet for the 3rd time - did about 6 weeks back in 2008 before I had to move out of the country, gradually gained back the 10 pounds or so I had lost, so when i moved back to Georgia I started again in the summer of 2009, and made it to October before I fell off the wagon again...Now I am back and trying to commit to making it all the way through stabilization/maintenance phases and actually NOT wasting the hundreds of dollars this plan costs!

Hopefully I will hear more from some others who are doing this diet as well. its hard but it works, if you follow it. I am having trouble currently with pickles - they aren't allowed but I can't stop craving them!

ashez84
03-31-2012, 10:41 PM
Yeah I know how it is the gradual weight gain. I lived in Mexico for 6 months in 2009 and lost 20lbs and was so excited and then I came back to the states and gained it all back and now Im doing the qwlc diet and have lost 15lbs in a month and am so excited. I like pickles too but I love cucumbers with lemon juice and a little salt. I dont know if that will help stave off the cravings but there you go.

ashez84
03-31-2012, 11:21 PM
HEY GUYS IVE BEEN MISSING FOR A WHILE BC I WAS NOT FOLLOWNING THE PLAN BUT I signed up again after being off plan for 5 months and gained every pound back that I lost. Im really sticking to it this time though, in 3 days ive lost 7lbs and hope maybe for 10lbs before my first week is up. Im also committing to following the plan with NO CHEATS!! Only Christmas and thats it. Can anyone share some favorite recipes?

I have been on the diet for about a month now and have lost 15 lbs. one of my favorite recipies is to saute with pam 1 cup squash 1 cup mushrooms and chicken tender breast meat cut into bite size pieces a litttle salt and a little garlic and herb spice from Mrs. Dash. Really simple but really declisouse. it reminds me of chinese food especially if I add a little onion. Good luck ;)

zgee25
04-13-2012, 05:44 PM
I just started finished my three day prep period, I lost a total of 8 pounds. Since I still have all the information from several years ago I am not going to the center I am doing this on my own

SW 220
CW 212
GW 150

I have a long ways to go but if not now when?

TexaninItaly
04-21-2012, 06:24 AM
Hi everyone! I finished my Prep Phase and am on Day 2 of the regular program. I'm happy to find this forum where other people are on the QWLC diet too! I moved to Italy eight months ago and there aren't any diet products here or even diet centers, so I'm doing this on my own. I had success with it in 2007. I dropped baby weight after my dauther was born, so I know it works.

zgee25
05-03-2012, 03:39 PM
I am so glad I started back on the program

SW 220 4/9/12
CW 207 5/3/12
GW 150

Tiggie
05-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi all,

new here and I need some help, hoping you can give it
I am european and following a low carb high protein diet. It works great -so far so good- but the thing is, we are planning our holidays in the states (washington D.C- round trip cherokee, assateague,...) end of june. First I thought I would do it in 2 phases: pre holiday and post holiday but it's going so well that I want to continue. Now, the big question is: where can I find these products (protein shakes) in the US as I am quite sure I can't bring them on the plane?

Can anyone give me tips, shops, websites or makes and types in US (here it's called Kyalin and eurodiet but I guess it has other names there?).

Thank you!
Tigs

anne4
05-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Hi All!
I did QWLC years ago and have gained it all back due to a divorce and stress eating, I am now determined to start again with support form people like you. I will start my 3 day phase tomorrow and get motivated. I have ordered everything from online since i still have my paperwork. I am 45 and at 185. Hoping to go down 30-40 pounds. DOes anyone else do this who is a single mom and has to cook other foods for their kids..they eat protein but also carbs...and lots of them (rice, breads, cookies). ANy advice for the soon to be person who will get the headaches as I also have to give upo my Diet cokes....(my drug of choice).
Here's to the new shrinking me (i hope)!

TexaninItaly
05-04-2012, 05:06 AM
Hi All!
I did QWLC years ago and have gained it all back due to a divorce and stress eating, I am now determined to start again with support form people like you. I will start my 3 day phase tomorrow and get motivated. I have ordered everything from online since i still have my paperwork. I am 45 and at 185. Hoping to go down 30-40 pounds. DOes anyone else do this who is a single mom and has to cook other foods for their kids..they eat protein but also carbs...and lots of them (rice, breads, cookies). ANy advice for the soon to be person who will get the headaches as I also have to give upo my Diet cokes....(my drug of choice).
Here's to the new shrinking me (i hope)!

Hi Ann,
I'm glad you are here. I thought everyone left this forum by the time I found it. I'm not a single mom, but I know how you feel. I end up cooking two dinners because my husband can't eat much beef or shell fish because he has gout and we can't have chicken every day. Breakfast on the weekends is hard when I make bacon and eggs for them and have strawberries and a piece of toast for me. :( The hardest part of the day for me is when my four year old daughter gets home from school. We usually eat a sanck together. She usually wants yogurt or a banana and then a cookie or two. I ordered some high protein bars and puddings from the US so I'm going to try to save that supplement until then so I can eat it while she has her snack. One thing that is really helping me is that they added 8 oz of skim milk to the food plan one, so now I make a skim milk cappaccino twice a day to enjoy as a treat. American coffee isn't available here in Italy. I know I shouldn't have that, but I'm still losing weight and I have two every day.

Angela

TexaninItaly
05-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Where are you people at? I want you to come back! There isn't much support online for QWLC, so we need to support each other.

TexaninItaly
05-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm looking for someone on QWLC to share recipe ideas with. I'm getting tired of chicken and steamed veggies.

TexaninItaly
05-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Awe, every day I check, and I'm still the only one that is coming to this thread. :(

TexasGirl2012
05-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Hi, I am new to 3 chicks. I’ve been on the qwlc program for 3 months now with 30 lb loss to date. I could have lost a little more but my husband had knee surgery when we were 5 weeks into our program & has had a slow recovery, that has required lots of my additional attention besides my full-time day employment (Stress & food boredom still makes me want to sometimes eat something other than the program allows).
I’ve been reading the forum for tips and support.
The program supplements were a godsend to help me get started. They have raised my metabolism and given me the willpower to be overall successful to date. However, last week was probably the worst when I checked in at qwlc and had lost only Ĺ lb after I attended a couple of party events that included meals. I didn’t eat very much but some of it wasn’t on the program plan and that cost me at the weigh-in. So I’ve refocused, added extra water and dropped one fruit and I think I’m a good 4 pounds down today…we will see when I do the weigh-in this evening.

I will check in regularly!

Started 198 lb
Goal 138 lbs
Currently 168 lbs
Height 5’6”

TexaninItaly
05-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Welcome, TexasGirl. 30 pounds is great! I've only lost 16, but only have been seriously trying for about 2 weeks. I'm going to Paris on June 14 and would like to be 170 by the trip.

novarph
05-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Hi everyone! I'm interested in starting the Quick Weight loss diet to lose the weight I put on with my now 6 month old, but can NOT afford to pay their crazy prices :( Would anyone be willing to send me the diet info? I'm not sure about the different phases, what's restricted, the specific "rules", forbidden foods, etc. Thanks alot, I really am getting desperate.

TexaninItaly
05-11-2012, 05:52 AM
Hi everyone! I'm interested in starting the Quick Weight loss diet to lose the weight I put on with my now 6 month old, but can NOT afford to pay their crazy prices :( Would anyone be willing to send me the diet info? I'm not sure about the different phases, what's restricted, the specific "rules", forbidden foods, etc. Thanks alot, I really am getting desperate.

Hi. I can tell you about it. ;)
What's your email?

TexasGirl2012
05-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I weighed in yesterday evening. I had a 2 lb loss. Although my scale had a greater loss yesterday morning, I had eaten 2 meals and drank a lot of water.

TexaninItaly
05-12-2012, 05:55 AM
That's a great job on the 2lbs Texas Girl. Keep up the good work.

I got down to 186.6. Only 3.6 more pounds to my first mini goal of 10%.

novarph
05-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Hi. I can tell you about it. ;)
What's your email?

Novarph at gmail dot com. Thank you SOOOOOOOO much!!!! :carrot:

TexaninItaly
05-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Ugh... I just had to pay $65 in international shipping to get 11 boxes of high protein puddings/shakes to me in Italy via Fed Ex from Diet Direct. It makes me crazy that these things aren't sold in Italy. Now I'll have to pay about another $40 to recieve them in customs. The shipping and customs are more than the price I paid for the puddings. I have plenty of the protein bars, but since you can only eat one a day, I need more puddings.

Now I should have engough stuff to last me until I go home in July. I'll bring a huge empty suitcase to fill up with high protein bars and other supplements.

Well, it will all be worth it if I keep losing weight. This seems to be the only diet that I can stick to. It's hard living in Italy where the yummy lasagna, pizza, and gelato are on every block.

tarashuster
05-13-2012, 10:49 PM
I soooo want to start this diet but financially not able to at this point. Is it like the Exchange Diet for Diabetics?

novarph
05-14-2012, 10:26 PM

I was just reading through the forum and noticed your post mentioning that you have the stabilization plan. I know it was posted awhile ago, but if you do happen to see this, would you mind sending me the info? my email is novarph at gmail dot com.

TexaninItaly
05-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Hi Novarph. I was wondering if you started the diet and how you were doing on it.

novarph
05-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi Novarph. I was wondering if you started the diet and how you were doing on it.

I have not started yet :( I wanted to started the prep phase this Friday, but my husband wants to wait till Monday. I think he plans to have one last "hoorah". I can't wait to get started, but this way it atleast gives me more time to plan & get all the supplements together. Thanks again gor all the info :D

TexaninItaly
05-16-2012, 05:23 AM
You are welcome! I know you will do great on it.

I'm at 184.2 today.

novarph
05-16-2012, 11:48 PM
You are welcome! I know you will do great on it.

I'm at 184.2 today.

Awesome! Almost your 10% goal! :D

TexaninItaly
05-17-2012, 06:34 AM
I love this diet! I'm at 183.4 today. With rounding, I am at my first mini goal!!!

Now lets see how long it takes to get to my second mini goal of 173.
My goal is to get there by mid June.

TexaninItaly
05-21-2012, 10:28 AM
I have not started yet :( I wanted to started the prep phase this Friday, but my husband wants to wait till Monday. I think he plans to have one last "hoorah". I can't wait to get started, but this way it atleast gives me more time to plan & get all the supplements together. Thanks again gor all the info :D

Hey... I was wondering if you started your diet. I've been stuck at 183.2 for five days now. Hope you are doing better.

novarph
05-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Hey... I was wondering if you started your diet. I've been stuck at 183.2 for five days now. Hope you are doing better.

Nope, I haven't started yet. I finally placed the order at dietdirecr.com this weekend so I should receive it in thurs. Since now it's memorial day weekend, I guess it's waiting till next tues :( U really want to get going but I'm so busy with the kids, work, trying to unpack (we moved last month) that I kept putting off buying all the supplements. Now that it's on it's way I'm so excited! That site is awesome!!! Did u notice that the supplements they call zhi shu or something like that & sell for $25 seems to be identical to the herbal balance platinum that qwlc sells for $139?!?! I was so excited!!! I have to run into work, I hope you are doing well. The plateau will break. From what I read in the forum I guess there's a water fast or something u can do? Doesn't sound exciting, but maybe try that?

TexaninItaly
05-23-2012, 08:07 AM
You know, I didn't know the Zhi Shi Trim was the same as the Herbal Balance, but I did order the Zhi Shi Trim. I've only taken it once though. I am saving it for when I travel, that's when I usually end up going of the diet. I'm not really going to be able to order anymore until I go back to the US in July, it's so expensive to ship here.

I ordered the Wonderslim pudding from Diet Direct in the US and got it today. Pudding- $99 (not bad for 11 boxes of 7 puddings), International Shipping- $65, Sanitary Permit- 40 Euros (about $50) because Italian officials think the US has dirty pudding, wire transfer fee- $40 to pay for the sanitary permit of this dirty pudding, Customs taxes for importing pudding- 24 Euros (about $29). Total cost of pudding- $283. I don't even want to tell you how much I was charged last month for importing 12 boxes of Bariwise crispy bars + 3 boxes of pudding + the Xhi Shi Trim + and 1 box of smoothie. But now I have enough to last until I go back to the US if I have one pudding and one crispy bar a day.

I did get past that plateau. I am at 181.6 today. :flow2:

May Weight
17 183.4
18 183.0
19 183.4
20 183.2
21 183.2
22 182.2
23 181.6

novarph
05-25-2012, 10:50 AM
You know, I didn't know the Zhi Shi Trim was the same as the Herbal Balance, but I did order the Zhi Shi Trim. I've only taken it once though. I am saving it for when I travel, that's when I usually end up going of the diet. I'm not really going to be able to order anymore until I go back to the US in July, it's so expensive to ship here.

I ordered the Wonderslim pudding from Diet Direct in the US and got it today. Pudding- $99 (not bad for 11 boxes of 7 puddings), International Shipping- $65, Sanitary Permit- 40 Euros (about $50) because Italian officials think the US has dirty pudding, wire transfer fee- $40 to pay for the sanitary permit of this dirty pudding, Customs taxes for importing pudding- 24 Euros (about $29). Total cost of pudding- $283. I don't even want to tell you how much I was charged last month for importing 12 boxes of Bariwise crispy bars + 3 boxes of pudding + the Xhi Shi Trim + and 1 box of smoothie. But now I have enough to last until I go back to the US if I have one pudding and one crispy bar a day.

I did get past that plateau. I am at 181.6 today. :flow2:

May Weight
17 183.4
18 183.0
19 183.4
20 183.2
21 183.2
22 182.2
23 181.6

That's great about breaking the plateau! Congrats, that such an accomplishment! :D

I can't believe the pudding cost you that much, it's really crazy. I've found a few of the diet items like a "juice" with 10 gm protein per packet and the FRS in the grocery store, so I've been really lucky. Definately stock up when you come stateside. Have you looked into finding recipes so maybe you can make something similiar to the puddings/deserts? I found this website yesterday of a baker who is making a bunch of baked goods more low carb. I just gave it a quick look, so I'm not really sure how great the stats are, but maybe check her out. the website is tickle my sweet tooth dot com/blog/ (type it all together, it won't allow me to post it as a website)

I don't know what the availability of protein bars is over there in Italy(I'm guessing not good), but I found these bars at bj's called Promax LS. They're about 220 cal, have 18 gm protein and 14 gm fiber. I'm going to use those after I run out of the bars I bought from diet direct.

Best of luck, I can't wait till the weekend is over so I can finally get started on the plan!! Talk to you soon!

novarph
05-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Ok, so tomorrow's the big day!! Just wanted to write a quick post. I have to get everything ready plus all my other nightly duties. Can't wait!! :carrot:

Texaninitaly, I hope all is well in your neck of the woods :dizzy:

TexaninItaly
05-31-2012, 06:20 AM
Hey, Novarph! I know you will do great now that you have started! :goodluck:

I'm finishing May at 178.6. I'm happy to report that I lost 15.8 pounds during May. Now if I can get to my next mini goal of 173 soon!

skeen
05-31-2012, 10:06 AM
is everyone doing on this plan?

novarph
05-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Day 1 down & so far so good! I'm down 2.5 lbs today, I know it's just water weight but I'm still thrilled!!

Texaninitaly, that's a great mo thy total! Congratulations!

Im at the car dealership & so far today I have completely forgotten everything at home :( I forgot to eat my eggs, and I left my water bottle in the car when they drove away with it, so no FRS yet. Hopefully that doesn't mess me up too badly.

Best of luck to everyone!

TexaninItaly
05-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Day 1 down & so far so good! I'm down 2.5 lbs today, I know it's just water weight but I'm still thrilled!!

Texaninitaly, that's a great mo thy total! Congratulations!

Im at the car dealership & so far today I have completely forgotten everything at home :( I forgot to eat my eggs, and I left my water bottle in the car when they drove away with it, so no FRS yet. Hopefully that doesn't mess me up too badly.

Best of luck to everyone!

I don't think it will mess you up. I don't even take the FRS because I can't get it here. I have 3 little packets, but I'm saving them for when I am thirsty for OJ. You do have to stay prepared because I noticed if I let myself get too hungry, I stop caring and just eat something bad.

simonsez
06-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I watched these free videos and they really helped me figure out the whole metabolic rate and daily calorie budget. I'd reccomend them to anyone.
shiftinabox.com

Thanks!

novarph
06-01-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't think it will mess you up. I don't even take the FRS because I can't get it here. I have 3 little packets, but I'm saving them for when I am thirsty for OJ. You do have to stay prepared because I noticed if I let myself get too hungry, I stop caring and just eat something bad.

Today's the last day of prep and I'm kinda nervous about tomorrow! I can't seem to figure out what I'm going to eat. Well, not even me so much because I plan to make egg whites and diet bread for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and maybe shrimp and veggies for dinner. I like salads and fruit to it's not too big of a problem. The problem is my husband. He's NOT a veggie/fruit fan, so I don't know what he's going to do. Or I should say what I should do since I'm "in charge" of the food.

Do you think it's ok to split 1 of the proteins and eat 1/2 at a time? I was thinking about how you can have 6 oz of Egg Beaters per serving. I looked it up and that converts to 6 egg whites. I wonder if I can eat 3 or 4 egg white with breakfast and crumble the rest on my salad? Or in my husband's case, can he eat 3 egg whites (1/2 serving) and then at lunch have 4 oz (1/2 serving) of chicken? I just don't know :(

I also don't understand why you can't have more than 4 servings of veggies if you want. I always thought of lettuce especially as "free" food and that you can eat as much as you want. I guess I'll figure it all out or just accept it. Sorry for the long rambling post. I'm just kinda thinking it out as I type!

Today I was only down another 1/2 lbs, for a total of 3 lbs. I'm hoping for a bigger loss tomorrow.

JazzyC
06-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Hello, I tried the plan 7 years ago and it really worked! However, got off track and the weight's back. I located some of the plan's paperwork and started yesterday, down 2.5 lbs.! Do anyone have the info. on the Stabilization phase? Any help would be appreciated. (I have ordered some of the products from dietdirect -very similiar supplements, if not the same -great prices!).
-Tks in advance, jazzyc.

TexaninItaly
06-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Today's the last day of prep and I'm kinda nervous about tomorrow! I can't seem to figure out what I'm going to eat. Well, not even me so much because I plan to make egg whites and diet bread for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and maybe shrimp and veggies for dinner. I like salads and fruit to it's not too big of a problem. The problem is my husband. He's NOT a veggie/fruit fan, so I don't know what he's going to do. Or I should say what I should do since I'm "in charge" of the food.

Do you think it's ok to split 1 of the proteins and eat 1/2 at a time? I was thinking about how you can have 6 oz of Egg Beaters per serving. I looked it up and that converts to 6 egg whites. I wonder if I can eat 3 or 4 egg white with breakfast and crumble the rest on my salad? Or in my husband's case, can he eat 3 egg whites (1/2 serving) and then at lunch have 4 oz (1/2 serving) of chicken? I just don't know :(

I also don't understand why you can't have more than 4 servings of veggies if you want. I always thought of lettuce especially as "free" food and that you can eat as much as you want. I guess I'll figure it all out or just accept it. Sorry for the long rambling post. I'm just kinda thinking it out as I type!

Today I was only down another 1/2 lbs, for a total of 3 lbs. I'm hoping for a bigger loss tomorrow.

Don't be dependent on your husband because if you are, when he quits, you will too!!!! With that said...

1) If your husband doesn't like fruits/veggies, he's going to have a hard time completely following this diet. But if he is like my husband, he will probably lose weight from just partly following it. For instance, my husband and daughter eat mostly what I eat, but I usually prepare a special side item just for them that I can't eat. If it's a beef day, I make them baked potatoes. If it's a chicken day, they eat some of the veggies I make, but I might make them a very small pan of pasta and put a few spoons of spaghetti sauce or pesto it it. Or they eat a chicken sandwich with chips. It just takes a few extra minutes to make something extra and it keeps them happy. Usually what they get for a side is canned corn or green beans (both I can't have).

Also, I keep pizza, lasanga, sandwich fixins in the fridge/freezer and if they get sick of chicken, which I eat all the time, I can make them that. It's hard though, on Sat my husband went to a BBQ, but I just didn't go because it's too hard for me at this stage.

2) You aren't suppose to mix proteins but I usually eat less than they say. For instance, at lunch I make a salad and just a small chicken breast piece as a side. I don't eat the 8 oz they say.

Also, you can have more veggies than 4 servings. It says in the book if you are still hungry, you can eat additional raw veggies. I eat a salad and chicken for lunch almost every day. I use A LOT OF lettuce, yellow bell pepper, red onion, & mushrooms) so I know I probably go over the veggies.

Oh, when I make scrambled eggs for us, I sometimes make some bacon for them even though I can't have it. I just put it in a pan and throw it in the oven. I sautee bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, and mushrooms and spread it over my scrambled eggs and put some drops of tabasco on it. Yum! A nice break from chicken or fish.

TexaninItaly
06-04-2012, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=JazzyC;4355994]Hello, I tried the plan 7 years ago and it really worked! However, got off track and the weight's back. I located some of the plan's paperwork and started yesterday, down 2.5 lbs.! Do anyone have the info. on the Stabilization phase? Any help would be appreciated. (I have ordered some of the products from dietdirect -very similiar supplements, if not the same -great prices!).
-Tks in advance, jazzyc.[/QUOTE

Jazzy, I don't have the stabilization info. I quite last time before I got there. Sorry.

novarph
06-06-2012, 10:45 AM
I only have a minute before I run out the door for work, but wanted to check in.

Angela, those are great ideas. So far hubby is keeping himself on track, but I think he tends to do 1 extra serving of starch. I have been totally on track and my weight loss isn't going too well. On day 5 (2nd diet day) I went up 1/2 lb. the next day I was back down, then another 1/2 lb down the next day, but yesterday I went back up the 1/5 lb and today I'm back down the 1/2 lb!! That damn 1/2 lb won't stay off. I'm not sure what to do. I'm drinking a ton of water cuz I've been so thirsty, well over the 80 oz and yesterday I didn't even have my 3rd fruit. :( I hoping that maybe my body is in shock or something and all of a sudden I'm gonna have a decent drop. I feel and look thinner so I don't know what's going on.

I've gotta run, but I'll check in again soon.

TexaninItaly
06-07-2012, 06:03 AM
I only have a minute before I run out the door for work, but wanted to check in.

Angela, those are great ideas. So far hubby is keeping himself on track, but I think he tends to do 1 extra serving of starch. I have been totally on track and my weight loss isn't going too well. On day 5 (2nd diet day) I went up 1/2 lb. the next day I was back down, then another 1/2 lb down the next day, but yesterday I went back up the 1/5 lb and today I'm back down the 1/2 lb!! That damn 1/2 lb won't stay off. I'm not sure what to do. I'm drinking a ton of water cuz I've been so thirsty, well over the 80 oz and yesterday I didn't even have my 3rd fruit. :( I hoping that maybe my body is in shock or something and all of a sudden I'm gonna have a decent drop. I feel and look thinner so I don't know what's going on.

I've gotta run, but I'll check in again soon.

Don't get discouraged, it will drop soon. Could it be that your TOM is about to start? I retain water weight during ovulation and also two days before my TOM.

Are you using the Morton Lite salt? You are supposed to use that instead of table salt. Also, you probably lost so much during the prep phase that your body has to catch up.

Just keep working the plan. You will notice a drop soon.

novarph
06-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Don't get discouraged, it will drop soon. Could it be that your TOM is about to start? I retain water weight during ovulation and also two days before my TOM.

Are you using the Morton Lite salt? You are supposed to use that instead of table salt. Also, you probably lost so much during the prep phase that your body has to catch up.

Just keep working the plan. You will notice a drop soon.

My TOM is kinda screwy right now, so who knows. I haven't really been using the Morton's Lite salt, but I haven't been adding salt to anything either and have been using Mrs Dash for seasoning. I think it might just be too much food for me. I've had success in the past going lower cal than this. I'm thinking about dropping 1 protein supplement and seeing what happens.

Also I wonder if I'm drinking too much water. Is that even possible? I'm probably drinking around 14 cups, maybe more. I'm just thirsty! I thought lots of water was good, but maybe it's too much. I don't know.

Yesterday I lost that 1/2 lb, but of course it's back again today. I only lost 4 lbs in prep, and am only down another 1/2 lb :?:

TexaninItaly
06-13-2012, 06:28 AM
My TOM is kinda screwy right now, so who knows. I haven't really been using the Morton's Lite salt, but I haven't been adding salt to anything either and have been using Mrs Dash for seasoning. I think it might just be too much food for me. I've had success in the past going lower cal than this. I'm thinking about dropping 1 protein supplement and seeing what happens.

Also I wonder if I'm drinking too much water. Is that even possible? I'm probably drinking around 14 cups, maybe more. I'm just thirsty! I thought lots of water was good, but maybe it's too much. I don't know.

Yesterday I lost that 1/2 lb, but of course it's back again today. I only lost 4 lbs in prep, and am only down another 1/2 lb :?:

You should try the Morton Lite salt if you aren't using it. Back when I was going to the center, they made a really BIG DEAL about it because it has added potassium. I know that potassium and sodium regulate each other in the body. When one goes up it decreases the other, so when you use the Morton salt the potassium in it causes your body to elliminate salt and the water that goes with it. I read that a few days ago.

I don't think you should give up a protein supplement. Maybe instead give up a fruit or a bread. Those supplements are supposed to keep you from hitting a plateau. I usually only eat one slice of bread a day and 2 fruits just because I run out of time before I get it all in.

I don't think you should be drinking that much water. 14 cups is about 112 ounces. You shouldn't drink more than 100 ounces and the diet says only to have 80 ounces. I've read in several places that you should 1/2 ounce for every pound of body weight. However much you weigh, devide by half and that's your recommended water consumption. I'm at 175 / 2 = 87.5 ounces but I TRY to drink 100 ounces, but usually end up only drinking 75 ounces.

TexaninItaly
06-19-2012, 06:42 AM
Hi everyone! I miss you guys. Where are you at?

novarph
06-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Sorry I've been MIA, we've got a million birthdays, gatherings, anniversaries etc this month!

Angela, thanks for the advice. I really appreciate all of your support. I've lowered my water consumption & that seems to be helping. I also am only eating 1/2 of my bar in the morning (it has 18 gm protein per bar). I started using the salt substitute, prob not as much as they want, but I'm just not really a salt user so I'm using what I can. So far I've lost another lb or so. Like I said, this month is full of parties, so I cheated a bit this weekend, but am now back on track & only up 1/2 lb from Friday :)

I hope everyone's doing well!!

getrida50
06-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Hi all!

I'm new to this thread and have just Started QWLC diet this week. I got the thumbnail sketch of the diet plan from an associate at work. She works in another office, so I won't likely be seeing her for a Q & A session anytime soon. I simply can't afford to do the diet the official way, so I hope to be able to consult and share my woes on this thread. Hubby and Dear Son aren't dieting with me, so I could really use someone to commiserate with! Thanks in advance for your help and support!

TexaninItaly
07-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Welcome, Getrida. We're happy to help any way we can. Have you gotten started yet?

TexaninItaly
07-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Yay! I made it to the 160's!!! I'm so happy to see 169.0 on the scale today. :)

getrida50
07-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Hiya, Angela!
Thanks for your response!. I'm Susan and I have been on the QWLD for a week and 2 days now. I'm down about 7 pounds, but gosh, it ain't easy! I don't have problems with getting hungry, it's just the cravings that threaten to sabotage me! First, it was sweets, now I crave salty stuff. I guess that's where the QWLC supplements would be handy. Since I'm doing this on the cheap and not through the actual center, I struggle with learning how to beat these cravings. I find that I lean on protein bars more than I probably should. My work colleague told me that my protein bar choices should have at least 12 grams of protein but that's all I know. Are there carb or calorie restrictions for them? I found a large selection at my local Kroger store and picked a tasty bunch, but I don't want to undo my loss with uneducated choices. I will be most grateful for any advice you have. Sounds like this diet is treating you well. Congratulations on your fantastic loss. Your goal is well within sight! I'm envious that your in Italy! Is it beautiful, or what?!! Having hot, humid days here in Georgia. Temps up in the 100's for about 4 days now. Yechk!

TexaninItaly
07-05-2012, 04:59 AM
Hey Getrida. It's great you already lost 7 pounds. Seeing the scale move fast in the beginning helps you stay motivated.

About the protein bars, a better choice than Kroger is to order them from dietdirect . com or Nutmet State Nutrition. They are actually the exact same bars, puddings, and soups sold at the QWLC. I use the Bari Wise Crispy Bars and also the Wonderslim puddings. You can go to the QWLC homepage to take a look at the pics of the bars they have and then find them at diet direct. They have the same names and pictures, the packaging is just stamped a diffent local brand name. They are only about $8-$10 for a box of 7. My favorite varieties are Chocolate Peanut Dream (this one is like a chocolate covered rice crispy treat- so yummy), Lemon Meringue, Peanut Butter and Jelly, and Peanut Butter. There are other bars you can get, but I like these because they are huge. I'm satisfied with just one. They have 15 grams of protein and about 150-170 calories depending on which you choose.

getrida50
07-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Thanks, Angela!

I appreciate your advice. I'll have to pop on to those web sites and check those out!. Anything to keep the scale moving in the right direction! Are there any of the QWLC supplements that you have found to be absolutely essential? My budget is limited and I have a caffeine allergy, so I know that this limits my supplement choices, but I would consider getting a couple if they really help. Caffeine free ones, of course! ;0) Congrats on your loss. Onward and upward!

Cheers,
Susan

sluggo44
07-07-2012, 01:34 PM
This sounds like slim4life

sluggo44
07-07-2012, 05:25 PM
:?:Could someone tell me if this is like slim4life? slim4life has the 3 day eat only meat, greens and an orange then you start your program either a or b a being 2 proteins, 2 veggies, 2 starches and you supplements 80 ounces of water plan b has you at I believe 3 of the foods vs 2. they do water flushes when you plateau. just wondering if they are the same

btrinny
07-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Sluggo44-It seems like it's the same

I would love to join this thread. I joined Medical Weight Loss Clinic 8 weeks ago and LOVE it. I am down 35lbs....with much more to go.

I currently have 1 dairy, 2 proteins, 4 veggies, 3 fruit, 2 starches, 3 supplements & 64 ounces of water a day.

sluggo44
07-07-2012, 06:52 PM
I have been on all of them and lasted a week with slim4life my current attempt was NS, Im just so upset and down and its like im dieting myself fat. I pulled out my slim4life info and after reading this seriously thinking of giving it another sho on plan:carrot:t and being 100%

jessicac629
07-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Hey everyone! I just ordered the home program for qwlc..has anyone else done this? I have about 40 pounds to lose

Jessica

getrida50
07-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Hey, sluggo44 and btrinny!

Slim4life does sound very similar to QWLC diet. Medical weight loss doesn't sound too far from it either. My knowledge is limited as I have not formally joined the QWLC program. I'm just following it on some pointers from a coworker. Guess I'm a diet parasite in that approach, but my wallet won't let me do it any other way. Congrats on your loss, btrinny, and to you sluggo44 for dusting off the old diet and jumping back on! I've been backsliding a bit myself this week, but am determined to keep moving forward. Welcome to the thread girls. It's been a bit quiet as of late!

Regards,
Susan

getrida50
07-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Hiya, Jessica,

Welcome to the thread! Have not talked to anyone on the QWLC home plan, but we're bound to have some followers here. I have not investigated it, but I would expect the general rules to be the same. Feel free to pitch your questions out there and someone will surely pop in to answer. Good luck as you begin your journey, and know we will gladly support in whatever way we can. I'm on this ride to drop around 50 pounds. Wish me luck. My cravings for pizza and ice cream threaten to send me spiraling down the drain!

Cheers!
Susan

jessicac629
07-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Ok, so I started today and am doing the preparation phase. Almost done with day 1 :) What do you all eat for preparation phase? I am basically doing 2 eggs in the morning, salad with chicken for lunch and steak and salad for dinner, along with the orange and the boost drinks. Does this sound right?

nvrfatagn
07-31-2012, 07:32 PM
I was told by my counselor that I can buy SF puddings add a scoop of whey powder and 2 c. milk and make 4 servings for the week. One serving is a suppliment. Good cost saving tip.

Hey Getrida. It's great you already lost 7 pounds. Seeing the scale move fast in the beginning helps you stay motivated.

About the protein bars, a better choice than Kroger is to order them from dietdirect . com or Nutmet State Nutrition. They are actually the exact same bars, puddings, and soups sold at the QWLC. I use the Bari Wise Crispy Bars and also the Wonderslim puddings. You can go to the QWLC homepage to take a look at the pics of the bars they have and then find them at diet direct. They have the same names and pictures, the packaging is just stamped a diffent local brand name. They are only about $8-$10 for a box of 7. My favorite varieties are Chocolate Peanut Dream (this one is like a chocolate covered rice crispy treat- so yummy), Lemon Meringue, Peanut Butter and Jelly, and Peanut Butter. There are other bars you can get, but I like these because they are huge. I'm satisfied with just one. They have 15 grams of protein and about 150-170 calories depending on which you choose.

novarph
08-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Yay! I made it to the 160's!!! I'm so happy to see 169.0 on the scale today. :)

Sorry I've been MIA for so long :( It's been hectic. I'm glad to see everyone doing so well. I kinda fell off the wagon for a couple week, but am back at it and have lost 2 lbs so far.

I've been trying to come up with some cook ahead and freeze ideas for side dishes, does anyone do this? We just bought a food saver so we marinated and cooked a bunch of chicken, fish and shrimp and froze them into dinner servings so we can have an easy option for dinner, but the sides are a big question mark. Hubby is getting sick of so many veggies (why do men have to be so difficult?!)

We have eaten the frozen green giant steamable veggie packs and those are now on my husband's "approved" list. They come in a sauce and as far as I can tell are low-cal, low-fat and low sodium so they seem to be a good option. I also found a recipe for a high protein, low-ish carb mac and cheese that went over well. If anyone's interested in that I can post the recipe. I've tried to quickly check out some of the low carb message boards for ideas, but alot of their stuff is full of cheese and sour cream (and VERY yummy sounding, but not QWLC-approved unfortunately). I'm going to dedicate some more time to it and really dig around.

I hope you all continue to have success! Talk to you soon! :dizzy:

2Chi
08-03-2012, 05:04 AM
Hi, Im new! I joined QWLC last week. Im done with my prep phase, and Im starting Day 2 of the actual diet today. So far I like the diet. I feel like the protein supps are my cheats!
The only thing im dissappointed in, are some of the attitudes at the center. I always walk in feeling great and optimistic, but I leave pissed off because they are trying to push their products on me, and I just can't afford a $17 box of supplements. On the back of the yellow paper we received, it says they have a price guarantee if you can find the exact product online. I told them I found the products on a site, and they said they dont honor prices from that site which are $10. The site they did approve, I can't find the exact bars. They also told me they wouldnt honor the price guarantee throughout my entire program. WTH???? Anyway, at this point I dont care about the program guarantee. Im just going to buy my products elsewhere since they are being jerks about it. When I go in for my checkin today, Im going to tell them since they arent abiding by their own price guarantee, that im going to buy it on the site of my choice, and that they need to stop harrassing me cause they stress me out. Anyway, thats enough venting. So far im down 6.8lbs, and im super excited! I look forward to reading about all of your successes!

Shebrat
08-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Hi! I'm new too! I am on day 3 of the program and I wanted to know if anyone has had BM issues. I was off yesterday and ended up spending the entire day drinking hot water and lemon as directed by my center. I have smooth move tea but they suggested I don't drink it. At this point, that tea sounds like a wonderful remedy.

Any thoughts are welcomed!

2Chi
08-18-2012, 02:59 AM
I say do what makes you comfortable. If hot water and lemon isnt working, then do what works for you. I used to always have issued but now that m 3 weeks into the program, I feel im more regular. Good luck.

joefla70
08-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi, Im new! I joined QWLC last week. Im done with my prep phase, and Im starting Day 2 of the actual diet today. So far I like the diet. I feel like the protein supps are my cheats!
The only thing im dissappointed in, are some of the attitudes at the center. I always walk in feeling great and optimistic, but I leave pissed off because they are trying to push their products on me, and I just can't afford a $17 box of supplements. On the back of the yellow paper we received, it says they have a price guarantee if you can find the exact product online. I told them I found the products on a site, and they said they dont honor prices from that site which are $10. The site they did approve, I can't find the exact bars. They also told me they wouldnt honor the price guarantee throughout my entire program. WTH???? Anyway, at this point I dont care about the program guarantee. Im just going to buy my products elsewhere since they are being jerks about it. When I go in for my checkin today, Im going to tell them since they arent abiding by their own price guarantee, that im going to buy it on the site of my choice, and that they need to stop harrassing me cause they stress me out. Anyway, thats enough venting. So far im down 6.8lbs, and im super excited! I look forward to reading about all of your successes!

@2Chi: I had the exact same feeling when I went to LA Weight Loss a few years ago. The diet itself was sound, and it worked. But it quickly became apparent that their agenda for the office visits / weigh-ins was to sell their product first and foremost. That was obviously their business model. They were very pushy in their sales efforts to try to get me to buy more and more supplements. I didn't feel like the person I was meeting with was skilled at diet coaching, and was just there to give me a pep talk to keep with the program and push the product. Like you, the pushy sales tactics really turned me off. Because of that, I stopped going in. So, not only did I not reach my weight loss goal, I put the weight back on -- and then some.

I wasn't sure if QWL was like that too, but my past experience with LA Weight Loss was what kept me from trying QWL. That -- and the fact that I should be able to do it on my own if I put my mind to it. Of course, not having to spend the money to join is a plus.

A few weeks ago my wife and I started the QWL plan. My wife asked me if I wanted to do the program with her because a few of our friends are on it and have lost a lot of weight. One has lost 70 pounds in about a year. However, because I am now very wary of the motives and sales tactics of weight loss businesses, we did not actually join QWL. Instead, we are just following the weight loss plan (which in reality is not that much different than the plan that I was on with LA Weight Loss).

Of course, we do not have access to the supplements that our friends buy from QWL. But I wasn't concerned about that. I went to the QWL website to research the QWL supplements. I noticed that the QWL supplement bars are $17 for 7 (although I noticed some people post that they can be found cheaper online. That is good to know). I then compared the nutritional info on the QWL bars with "Pure Protein" brand bars which I have used before -- and really liked, and the Pure Protein bars actually compared very well. (They had the same amount of fat, less saturated fat, more protein, more dietary fiber, less carbs and less sugar than the QWL bars). I also use the Pure Protein brand shakes. I get the Pure Protein bars at Walmart for $6.27 for 6 bars -- which comes out to just over $1.00 per bar. The pre-made shakes are a little pricey ($7 for 4 bottles), but the powder (which comes in a tub) is cheaper per serving.

So far in three weeks I have lost about 25 pounds. (I lost about 10 in the first few days during the first stage of the diet). I have not used any carb blockers, hoodia, or EFA supplements (but I do eat a lot of fish, shellfish and other foods that provide EFAs). I did some research online on the carb blockes and hoodia and wasn't swayed that it was necessary. Because the diet has totally changed how I eat -- for the better, I am not really hungry throughout the day. I used to skip breakfast and have a big lunch, and then a big dinner, and then snack late at night. Now, I am eating a breakfast, eating fruit and supplements as snacks between meals and after dinner, and I am never hungry. The biggest obstacle I have to come over with respect to late night snacking is the habit of eating just for the sake of eating while watching TV at night. Typically, I would pick up a bag of chips or eat a leftover slice of pizza while I watch TV at night --- when I wasn't even hungry. Now, after having my after-dinner protein bar or shake, I really haven't had the urge to snack.

My wife has been doing well too. She has lost 8 pounds so far (but doesn't have nearly as much to lose as I do.) I am not going to list her starting / current weight because I like living in the same house as her. :D

Anyway, I am glad to have found this forum. I have found that it is much easier to follow the program because I have support of my wife who is doing it with me. I figure that the more support we have, the better we will do. I enjoyed reading about other people's experiences and look forward to seeing how everybody does on the plan.

Good luck to all!

Joe

joefla70
08-21-2012, 11:35 AM
@ Shebrat: I hope your issue has already been resolved, but I seem to recall that one of my friends who goes to QWL was told that you need to eat enough fats during the first phase of the diet so that you don't have problems with BMs -- since all you are eating is protein and raw green veggies.

Once you get into the second portion of the program, you should be eating enough fiber so that BMs are not a problem anymore. I am on plan 3, so I have a bowl of fiber-loaded cereal every morning.

2Chi
08-23-2012, 04:32 AM
Wow joe congrats on your success so far! Today was my 4th week weigh in and Im down 11.2lbs. When I go back Friday for my weigh in, I hope that number increases a bit. I feel like my progress is moving slowly though even though Im about .8oz away from target. Lately, the staff hasnt been harrassing us to buy products so Im happy. I want to start working out to excellerate the weight loss.
Hope you and your wife have continued success!

joefla70
08-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks 2Chi,

Thanks! As I expected, my weight loss has slowed down as well. I lost a crazy amount of weight during the first week or so. I think in the first 3 days I lost 10 pounds -- which I realized was largely water weight.

From everything I've read, losing 1.5 to 2 pounds a week is a good result. I will be happy with that. I've read an earlier post on this thread where one person mentioned that their QWL counselor has given them a hard time for ONLY losing 3.5 pounds per week, and that they had to buy something else to take to help increase the pace of the weight loss. That is CRAZY! I would be thrilled to lose 3.5 pounds in a week!

Like you, I also need to start an exercise regimen. So far, my weight loss has come from diet alone. To start, I am not going to doing anything hard core. I am going to begin walking briskly for 30 to 45 minutes at least a few days per week.

HialeahParkQueen
08-26-2012, 11:09 PM
I started QWLC a month ago and lost about 11 lbs. I'm on plan 1 and am happy with my results so far. My measurements have changed drastically. However, I keep fluctuating because of my menstrual cycle or because I have a sweet tooth and I can't help myself sometimes.

I'm close to my goal of loosing 20-25 lbs. I read that someone was instructed not to use the Smooth Move tea, I use it and it's actually very helpful.

For exercise I ride my bike for at least an hour a day and it has helped me loose weight immensely! Sometimes I'll ride for six miles, sometimes less. Cardio is the best way to loose weight, weather it's a light dance class, walking, or even doing Yoga or Pilates. Does anyone else fluctuate when their menstrual cycle is near? What do you do?

HialeahParkQueen
08-27-2012, 12:06 AM
Where are you people at? I want you to come back! There isn't much support online for QWLC, so we need to support each other.

I started QWLC recently and am looking for support too. Here are a few of my recipes:
Half a grapefruit, a whole egg on top of a slice of 40 Calorie Bread

White fish or salmon with a cup of broccoli and a cup of cauliflower

7 oz precooked shrimp from the grocery store, a small salad of lettuce and a sliced tomato with lemon and Apple Cider Vinegar

Turkey topped with mushrooms and a side of a cup of asparagus

For my supplements I always make my chocolate or strawberry shakes with an 8 oz of skim milk, ice, and a half cup of raspberries or 6 large strawberries in a blender
Hope this helped!

joefla70
08-28-2012, 12:37 PM
What does everyone eat when they are out? Eating at home is easy because you control everything. Eating out is obviously harder because even if you order items you can have, you have to worry about them being prepared with butter, oil, salt, etc.

Ruby Tuesday seems to have a diet-friendly menu. Flanagans is one of my regular lunch places. I get the 8oz grilled mahi with steamed broccoli. There is a Greek restaurant near my office that has grilled chicken that I eat with a salad (just lettuce and cucumber). I also get salads with grilled chicken, but I always ask them to bring me the oil and vinegar on the side so I can control the amount.

The hardest thing is fast food. I was so used to going through a drive-thru when I was in a hurry. But fast food it almost always unhealthy. Even salad is going to be a problem... unless you bring along your own dressing. Whenever I need a quick meal when I'm out of the house, I go to Pollo Tropical and order a boneless grilled chicken breast. You can get one for $3. (The meal comes with two and a side). I haven't tried it, but you can get brown rice there as well. Although, I suspect the rice is made with butter and/or oil. Also, unfortunately, they don't really have any veggie sides that are on the diet - except for salad. But the chicken breast is really good -- much better than the grilled chicken you get from McDonalds or Burger King IMO.

HialeahParkQueen
08-28-2012, 04:26 PM
What does everyone eat when they are out? Eating at home is easy because you control everything. Eating out is obviously harder because even if you order items you can have, you have to worry about them being prepared with butter, oil, salt, etc.

Ruby Tuesday seems to have a diet-friendly menu. Flannigan's is one of my regular lunch places. I get the 8oz grilled mahi with steamed broccoli. There is a Greek restaurant near my office that has grilled chicken that I eat with a salad (just lettuce and cucumber). I also get salads with grilled chicken, but I always ask them to bring me the oil and vinegar on the side so I can control the amount.

The hardest thing is fast food. I was so used to going through a drive-thru when I was in a hurry. But fast food it almost always unhealthy. Even salad is going to be a problem... unless you bring along your own dressing. Whenever I need a quick meal when I'm out of the house, I go to Pollo Tropical and order a boneless grilled chicken breast. You can get one for $3. (The meal comes with two and a side). I haven't tried it, but you can get brown rice there as well. Although, I suspect the rice is made with butter and/or oil. Also, unfortunately, they don't really have any veggie sides that are on the diet - except for salad. But the chicken breast is really good -- much better than the grilled chicken you get from McDonalds or Burger King IMO.

What I do is that I always order a side of veggies or I have a salad at home before leaving the house. It's nearly impossible to follow the diet when going out to eat unless they have veggies there. Your restaurant meal choices are fine.

Remember that the Pollo Tropical chicken has a lot of seasoning inside of it and could disrupt your weight loss goals. You could always take a tomato and celery stick with you as well. If you must go to Burger King or Mc Donald's (mind you I'm against fast food eating) try to stick to a plain burger--no cheese-- and remove the bread. Ask for lettuce and tomato just in case and remember to ask them not to put condiments.

Since I am a full time student I regularly pack my own lunches and take them with me. I broil my chicken or turkey then take a salad or veggies in a Ziploc container and take it in a lunch box with my EFA's, Akmak crackers, and a lemon in pouches.That's the safest way to keep your weight loss goals. I also save myself the hassle of having to choose. I make sure if I do, however, go out to eat that it's a sit down restaurant or a place where I already know what they serve.
Hope this helps!

joefla70
08-28-2012, 06:11 PM
HPQ - you are much more organized that me! (Plus, I'm lazy. Not a good combination). I usually don't even think about lunch until just shortly before it. That is why I always find myself in those situations where I am trying to figure out what to do.

Since I began the diet I don't eat fast food --with the exception of the grilled chicken from Pollo Tropical. I don't care for the McD or BK "grilled" chicken. And you're right about the seasonings. Fortunately, I haven't had an issue with it interfering with the weight loss. I haven't had a hamburger since I started dieting. After all, if I can't have the bun, cheese, onion, and ketchup... then I really don't want it anyway!

2Chi
08-31-2012, 05:09 AM
I like going to outback. For $10 I get a 6oz steak and broccoli.

joefla70
08-31-2012, 10:28 AM
I like going to outback. For $10 I get a 6oz steak and broccoli.

That just reminded me. The Outback near my office had a sign saying they were open for lunch now. For the longest time they were only open for dinner. I think I will try it for lunch! Thanks 2Chi!

2Chi
09-01-2012, 04:57 AM
Yea thats the new thing they are doing. Hopefully they continue to stay opened for lunch.
How far along are you in the program now?

joefla70
09-01-2012, 11:53 PM
On Friday for lunch I went to Outback and got the 6oz Outback Special with the grilled asparagus. :) Pretty good lunch for only $10.

Tomorrow will be the end of week 5. So far I'm down 31 lbs. How about you?

2Chi
09-02-2012, 05:32 AM
Glad you liked my idea! Wow, you are doing much better than I am. Im starting week 6 and Im only down 15. I gotta step it up!

joefla70
09-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Glad you liked my idea! Wow, you are doing much better than I am. Im starting week 6 and Im only down 15. I gotta step it up!

You're doing great. Remember, I have a lot more weight to lose. I think when you start out as large as I am, you tend to lose the initial weight faster. As I lose more, I imagine that the pace of my weight loss is going to wane.

HialeahParkQueen
09-05-2012, 11:38 PM
HPQ - you are much more organized that me! (Plus, I'm lazy. Not a good combination). I usually don't even think about lunch until just shortly before it. That is why I always find myself in those situations where I am trying to figure out what to do.

Since I began the diet I don't eat fast food --with the exception of the grilled chicken from Pollo Tropical. I don't care for the McD or BK "grilled" chicken. And you're right about the seasonings. Fortunately, I haven't had an issue with it interfering with the weight loss. I haven't had a hamburger since I started dieting. After all, if I can't have the bun, cheese, onion, and ketchup... then I really don't want it anyway!

I had a burger but I only had the beef and it was surprisingly really good. However, this was one of those sit down meals where they make it once you order so it tasted a lot better. If you're going to do Outback, if you want variety get the Chicken on the Barbie without the sauce and double veggies without carrots. It's really good and doesn't have seasoning!
The Rotisserie chicken was slowing down my weight loss so I had to cut it out. Also, if there's a Boston Market you could one of their new bowls with chicken or roasted turkey and mixed veggies.
Keep me posted if you find something else that won't break the diet :D

joefla70
09-05-2012, 11:57 PM
I had a burger but I only had the beef and it was surprisingly really good. However, this was one of those sit down meals where they make it once you order so it tasted a lot better. If you're going to do Outback, if you want variety get the Chicken on the Barbie without the sauce and double veggies without carrots. It's really good and doesn't have seasoning!
The Rotisserie chicken was slowing down my weight loss so I had to cut it out. Also, if there's a Boston Market you could one of their new bowls with chicken or roasted turkey and mixed veggies.
Keep me posted if you find something else that won't break the diet :D

Its funny you mention having a burger at a sit-down restaurant. That's exactly what I had today. I went to Flanagans for lunch. I usually have the grilled Mahi with steamed broccoli, but I've had it so much lately I am kinda sick of it. So, I had a plain burger with no bun. It was quite tasty.

I'm not a big fan of rotisserie chicken, so I don't go to Boston Market much. I love a grilled chicken, so that is why I go to Pollo Tropical often. I'll try the chicken on the barbie at Outback the next time I go. Thanks for the tip.

lac36
09-11-2012, 06:02 PM
So happy to find some peer online support. Very exciting!

joefla70
09-11-2012, 09:00 PM
So happy to find some peer online support. Very exciting!

Welcome lac36!

How is it going for you? What areas do you find you need support in? Encouragement to keep on track?

For myself, I have - finally - got myself into the right mindset to do this. Hopefully that continues! But so far, so good. So right now, my main area of support I look for is ways to keep the plan from getting boring, because I find myself eating the same things all the time (grilled chicken, grilled fish, roasted veggies, etc.) I've been looking for some new recipes to keep things interesting.

Joe

2Chi
09-12-2012, 05:46 AM
I hate cooking, so I found the lazy way of making my meals. I buy the 20oz pack of jenni-o turkey breast, a bag of spinach, green peppers, and mushrooms.
Since I can have 7 oz of turkey a serving, I make the entire package which is 1oz shy of 3 full servings. The spinach I buy also comes with 3 cups so it makes diving the meal easy.
Anyway, I portion out my vegetables to equal 3 servings, and I sort of make a deconstructed stuffed green pepper. I do cheat a little (to disguise the turkey taste cause meat grosses me out sometimes) and use a small amount of sugar free tomato sauce. I mix it all in a pan, and divide it into 3 containers for my meals.
I think Im going to try baking it in the oven like you would when you normally make stuffed peppers and see if that improves the taste any.

joefla70
09-12-2012, 08:45 AM
I hate cooking, so I found the lazy way of making my meals. I buy the 20oz pack of jenni-o turkey breast, a bag of spinach, green peppers, and mushrooms.
Since I can have 7 oz of turkey a serving, I make the entire package which is 1oz shy of 3 full servings. The spinach I buy also comes with 3 cups so it makes diving the meal easy.
Anyway, I portion out my vegetables to equal 3 servings, and I sort of make a deconstructed stuffed green pepper. I do cheat a little (to disguise the turkey taste cause meat grosses me out sometimes) and use a small amount of sugar free tomato sauce. I mix it all in a pan, and divide it into 3 containers for my meals.
I think Im going to try baking it in the oven like you would when you normally make stuffed peppers and see if that improves the taste any.

Do you use the ground turkey? That's what I figured since you are making a sorta-stuffed pepper. Do you ever mix in a little brown rice with the meat and put the mixture inside the pepper and make a traditional stuffed pepper?

Anyway, this sounds good. This is the type of thing I need to start making to mix things up. Right now I am making almost everything on the grill (because i like the taste of grilled foods, but also because it cuts down on the amount of oil you have to use to cook). But I'm starting to need some variety! I've been looking up recipes on the food network website and others.

2Chi
09-13-2012, 02:20 AM
Yes I also make regular stuffed peppers. Ive used rice in the past, but since the portion size is so small, I figure its not worth it.

joefla70
09-22-2012, 11:31 PM
So, how is everybody doing? I had a pretty good week, but I don't know if I'm going to lose anything this week... unless the scale suddenly starts to budge tomorrow morning.

2Chi
09-23-2012, 02:19 AM
I was stuck in a rut for about 2 weeks, but Im finally down another 2.6 lbs.
Im going to try my best to work out this week!

joefla70
09-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Cool, 2Chi. I'm glad you got our of your rut. That must make you feel really good. For me, I get a lot of inspiration from having a good week. It makes me have the feeling that all my hard work is paying off. For this reason it can be very discouraging if I don't have a good weigh-in. But I try to keep my wits about me and not panic. Having said that, has anybody ever re-done the induction phase to give a kick re-start to your diet if you've hit a rut / plateau?

I had my weigh-in this morning and I lost less than a pound. I've been pretty good for the most part, but I know I can do better. I've been taking some things for granted because the weight had been coming off rather easily until last week. I haven't been diligent in weighing my food. Instead, I've been eyeballing it. I have overdone it on my fats. Mostly too much EVOO rather than using pam --- or just grilling my proteins and veggies. I'm going be more strict from now on. I also, for the first time, tried the apple cider vinegar. Up until now I've been using balsamic. The apple cider vinegar wasn't bad. I used my mandolin to slice some cucumbers very thin... almost shaved. I then marinated the cucumber in the vinegar and sprinkled some splenda in. It was pretty good.

I also tried a couple new recipes. Has anybody tried making pizza crust out of cauliflower and egg white? Sounds crazy, but it wasn't bad. It would have been better with cheese and sauce, but instead I kinda made it into a garlic bread. I am also going to try making the riced cauliflower into a rice dish. (Riced cauliflower is the main ingredient in the cauliflower "pizza dough" recipe.

Another thing I've been taking for granted is the exercise. I need to step that up. Until now, the only exercise I've been getting is doing yard work around my house, cleaning the pool, etc. I need to start out just doing some walking on a daily basis.

I've been perusing the other threads on the 3fat chicks site since this thread isn't very active. Unfortunately, 2Chi and I seem to be the only regular contributors.

2Chi
09-24-2012, 01:20 AM
Last week I actually asked if I could start the prep phase over because I was pissed that I wasnt losing. They told me no. They only let people do that if they gained 3 or more lbs.
Ive never heard of cauliflower rice/pizza. Sounds like too much work for the lazy cook lol.
I actually went back to the gym tonight, since starting. I hope it helps!

I started my own QWL thread about 2 months ago, but no one talks on there either...

joefla70
09-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I tend to over-react to what I perceive to be a rut, instead of just staying the course. I get on the scale multiple times a day - which can be both good and bad. The good is that it keeps me on track and makes me feel good when I see positive results. The bad is when I get impatient when I don't always get consistent results. I need to realize that my weight loss isn't always going to follow the same pattern. Case in point, this morning I was down 4 pounds from last week. But when I did my official weekly weigh-in yesterday I only was down less than a pound. I must have been retaining water. In any event, I need to stop hitting the panic switch every time I don't see the scale go down. Because of this momentary panic, I was all ready to redo the induction phase to re kick-start my weight loss.

Regarding your attempt to start up another QWC thread, QWC must only be a local company because it seems that the only people who post on here are from South Florida. On the other hand, I see a LOT of people on that "Ideal Protein" diet. I had never even heard of that one before finding this site. Seems like it works, but is SO expensive! Where is the QWC thread you started?

I have not yet started any exercise. I keep on intending to start with some walking, but for one reason or another I have not done it. I suspect that part of the reason why I haven't begun -- other than plain ol' laziness (lol) -- is that the weight has been coming off so far without the exercise. I suspect if that wasn't the case, I'd be more motivated. Having said that, I still want to start walking to see if I can do even better.

By the way the "riced" cauliflower is not hard to make. I am pretty lazy in general. So, If I can do it, you can too! I probably won't make it as a pizza crust again because it requires cheese. But I made some last night just as a rice substitute. I sauteed some garlic and added some salt, pepper and onion powder. I processed it a bit too much so the texture came out more like couscous than rice. But it was really good. I will definitely make this a regular part of my dinners as a side. I want to find a few rice recipes to use with it to give me some variety.

2Chi
09-25-2012, 03:09 AM
Im totally addicted to weighing myself. It keeps me in check!

joefla70
09-29-2012, 04:28 PM
I've been trying to mix things up and try new this week to keep the diet feel less like, well, a diet. Last night I made mini lamb patties seasoned like gyro and made some tzatziki sauce with no-fat Greek yogurt. It turned out really good. My wife said that I can make it again anytime. So, I guess she approved. I was going to make some greek-style rutabaga "potatoes", but I didn't have the time. I'll have to try that later.

I love the taste of the no-fat greek yogurt. It tastes like regular sour cream to me. I am going to try a recipe tonight with it. I bought some salsa verde which I am going to use in a chicken recipe tonight. I will definitely use the yogurt as a sub for sour cream. I might even make some mexican cauliflower "rice".

2Chi
10-02-2012, 03:31 AM
Glad you're enjoying new recipes.

It seems Im back in a rut. I've been doing cardio and apparently im now retaining water, which is I hear is normal when you start working out again. Something about your muscles retaining the water, but its supposed to be temporary until your body realizes this is going to be an ongoing thing. Its still frustrating though. Im hoping I'll have a big weight drop soon. Im not getting discouraged though... Im just annoyed.

joefla70
10-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Glad you're enjoying new recipes.

It seems Im back in a rut. I've been doing cardio and apparently im now retaining water, which is I hear is normal when you start working out again. Something about your muscles retaining the water, but its supposed to be temporary until your body realizes this is going to be an ongoing thing. Its still frustrating though. Im hoping I'll have a big weight drop soon. Im not getting discouraged though... Im just annoyed.

For the entire last week, and until this morning, I would have echoed your comments word for word with regard to being in a rut (except for the exercise part... I still need to get going with that). I was down to 354 by this time last week, but then I bounced back up and hovered between 355 and 358 for the rest of the week. After my last "panic" a couple weeks ago, I knew better than to over-react. So, I kept doing what I was doing and sure enough this morning I weighed in at 352. But like you, I was kinda annoyed that the scale wasn't moving in the right direction for the entire week. I started to wonder if some of my new recipes weren't as low calorie / low carb / low fat as I thought. But I didn't change anything. I stayed patient, trusted myself and followed the plan.

Now, I am happy to know that I was not only able to maintain my weight using those recipes, but was actually able to lose a couple pounds. I am sure you will have the same experience with your temporary rut. As annoying as it is for the scale not to budge now, it will feel really good when you get a nice drop on the scale.

I'm glad that the both of us have learned from our experiences and have become more patient when these little speed bumps get in our way, rather than panic that we have hit a wall -- and take drastic action to further reduce calories.

joefla70
10-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Oh, by the way, I never followed up my my post where I said I might make the chicken with the Mexican cauliflower "rice". I made it on Saturday and it came out amazing. My wife liked it so much that she asked me to make it again on Sunday. It is a little bit time consuming, but I actually enjoyed doing the cooking. I was never really that into cooking before, but I've really gotten into trying to find and/or come up with recipes that fit our diet. Several of the ones I have tried I found on this site.

sluggo44
10-02-2012, 12:40 PM
could ya'll list a sample of your daily menu

joefla70
10-02-2012, 02:34 PM
could ya'll list a sample of your daily menu

Hi Sluggo,

I should point out that I do not actually go to Quick Weight Loss Center, but just follow a diet that resembles their diet very closely. With that caveat, here goes:

BREAKFAST: 1 egg. 3/4 cup of Fiber One "80" cereal with just enough skim milk to eat the cereal with. I'm sure there is a particular amount of milk that I am supposed to have with it (probably 6 to 8 oz) but I never measure. I know that the approved cereal list is probably "All Bran" and "Shredded Wheat", but there is no way I could eat those. The Fiber One 80 is pretty good -- and only 80 calories for the 3/4 cup. I have to confess that recently I have been foregoing the cereal and milk and only having the egg in an obsessive attempt to lose more weight, but that's just me.

MID MORNING SNACK: At first I was having a fruit as a mid-morning snack, but -- once again -- the obsessive me started trading in the fruit for a protein shake. Since I do not go to Quick Weight Loss, I bought the brand of protein shakes that was closest I could find to the nutritional info on the brand sold by QWL. I buy the Pure Protein frosty chocolate shakes that are pre-made. They're pretty good (if they are really cold).

LUNCH: My lunch is almost always either grilled chicken or fish (8 0z) with some grilled or steamed veggies or a salad. If I get a salad, I usually only get the lettuce and cucumber (I don't like tomato) and ask for the oil and vinegar to put on myself if possible. I put very little olive oil and mostly balsamic vinegar.

MID AFTERNOON SNACK: At first I was having another fruit, but.... well, I'm sure you got the point by now. Now I either have another protein shake or maybe a protein bar. (Again, I buy the Pure Protein brand because I do not go to QWL. My favorite by far is the Chocolate Peanut Butter. Another good thing about the Pure Protein bars is that they are about half the cost of the bars sold by QWL).

DINNER: My dinner is very similar to my lunch, but I can get more creative with the side dishes (i.e. veggies) because I am cooking it myself. Sometimes I have just grilled or sauteed veggies. But sometimes, if I have the time, I'll make more elaborate veggies. For instance, I've discovered some recipes on this site and others where you can take certain veggies and turn them into side dishes as a low-carb substitute. For example, I have made rice dishes out of cauliflower -- and they have been REALLY good! And I never really liked cauliflower before. Just google "cauliflower rice recipe" and you'll find them. Another one I haven't tried yet is Rutabaga french fries.

EVENING SNACK: Since you're only supposed to have one protein bar per day, I try to save it for after dinner so that it is more of a treat. I usually have it about 8:30 or 9:00, assuming I eat dinner at 6:30 or so.

A couple times a week I will allow myself to have certain things that I would not normally have for most of the week. For example, once a week I stop at my local Greek restaurant and get just the gyro meat and tzaziki sauce. Just that will be my lunch. I know its loaded with fat, so that is why I only do it once a week or less. Then usually on the weekend I'll have a dinner which -- while still on my diet -- has a little more calories than my obsessed self normally allows. For example, this past weekend I made a Mexican dish which called for salsa verde to be put on the chicken and regular salsa, onion, and nonfat Greek yogurt (a sub for sour cream) to be put in my Mexican cauliflower "rice" that I served along with the chicken. I'm sure it wasn't a lot of calories. But during the week I typically keep the dinners simple (i.e. grilled chicken or fish with grilled veggies) to minimize the calories.

The above is just a sample of what my diet is like. I like to change it up when I get bored with it and, well, because I'm obsessed. I know I will eventually need to start eating more fruits. But I've never been a big fruit eater before, so its hard to make myself eat them. Plus, something in my head keeps me from wanting to eat them because of the carbs.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

sluggo44
10-03-2012, 11:07 AM
joefla70, thank you so much for the info. I actually had signed up with slim4life a few years back but since the supplements made me so sick I quit. I still have all the info and was on plan a which was the 2 proteins 2 veggies 2 carbs plan but I figured the plans had probably changed some since then so that is why I was asking about ya'lls menu as quick weight loss seems to be the same as slim4life. I truly have dieted myself fat and I so need to get this weight off

sewuniquelady
10-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Hello everyone, I did QWLC in early 2000 and lost 40 lbs in about 2 months with no exercise at all. I wasn't very diligent drinking all the water, but I felt great. I kept the diet plan for years and years, but now I can't find it anywhere. It was on blue paper and had several pages. I want my husband and I to get on it, but we both have high blood pressure, so I'm afraid of being pressured to buy the supplements now. Regardless, I have lost it so I guess I will have to join again and pay the price!

joefla70
10-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Hello everyone, I did QWLC in early 2000 and lost 40 lbs in about 2 months with no exercise at all. I wasn't very diligent drinking all the water, but I felt great. I kept the diet plan for years and years, but now I can't find it anywhere. It was on blue paper and had several pages. I want my husband and I to get on it, but we both have high blood pressure, so I'm afraid of being pressured to buy the supplements now. Regardless, I have lost it so I guess I will have to join again and pay the price!

Sewuniquelady:

I have been doing the QWLC diet for a few months, but I did not join. I am just following (roughly) the diet plan. At first I was following it to the letter, but then I started doing a lower carb plan. But for the time I was doing it, I lost a bunch of weight -- as you did. I have the diet plan somewhere. If you want, I can find it, scan it, and email it to you. I don't think its necessary for you to go to QWLC just to buy their supplements. I use alternatives that work just fine -- and are a LOT cheaper.

As I posted on this thread earlier, I had the exact same feeling about "being pressured into buying supplements" when I went to LA Weight Loss a few years ago. The diet itself was sound, and it worked. But it quickly became apparent that their agenda for the office visits / weigh-ins was to sell their product first and foremost. That was obviously their business model. They were very pushy in their sales efforts to try to get me to buy more and more supplements. I didn't feel like the person I was meeting with was skilled at diet coaching, and was just there to give me a pep talk to keep with the program and push the product. Like you, the pushy sales tactics really turned me off. Because of that, I stopped going in. So, not only did I not reach my weight loss goal, I put the weight back on -- and then some.

I wasn't sure if QWL was like that too, but my past experience with LA Weight Loss was what kept me from going to QWL. That -- and the fact that I should be able to do it on my own if I put my mind to it. Of course, not having to spend the money to join is a plus.

About two and a half months ago my wife and I started the QWL plan. My wife asked me if I wanted to do the program with her because a few of our friends are on it and have lost a lot of weight. One has lost 70 pounds in about a year. However, because I am now very wary of the motives and sales tactics of weight loss businesses, we did not actually join QWL. Instead, we are just following the weight loss plan (which in reality is not that much different than the plan that I was on with LA Weight Loss).

Of course, we do not have access to the supplements that our friends buy from QWL. But I wasn't concerned about that. I went to the QWL website to research the QWL supplements. I noticed that the QWL supplement bars are $17 for 7 (although I noticed some people post that they can be found cheaper online. That is good to know). I then compared the nutritional info on the QWL bars with "Pure Protein" brand bars which I have used before -- and really liked, and the Pure Protein bars actually compared very well. (They had the same amount of fat, less saturated fat, more protein, more dietary fiber, less carbs and less sugar than the QWL bars). I also use the Pure Protein brand shakes. I get the Pure Protein bars at Walmart for $6.27 for 6 bars -- which comes out to just over $1.00 per bar. The pre-made shakes are a little pricey ($7 for 4 bottles), but the powder (which comes in a tub) is cheaper per serving. If you order from Amazon, they have a greater variety of the Pure Protein bars there. What we did is buy one flavor of bar at the grocery store to see if we liked it before we ordered boxes of them. I only eat the peanut butter one because that is my favorite. My wife likes a few different ones, including the blueberry, strawberry, peanut butter caramel, and the peanut butter.

So far in the two and a half months I have lost about 55 pounds. (I lost about 10 in the first few days during the first stage of the diet). I have not used any carb blockers, hoodia, or EFA supplements (but I do eat a lot of fish, shellfish and other foods that provide EFAs). I did some research online on the carb blockes and hoodia and wasn't swayed that it was necessary. Because the diet has totally changed how I eat -- for the better, I am not really hungry throughout the day. I used to skip breakfast and have a big lunch, and then a big dinner, and then snack late at night. Now, I am eating a breakfast, eating fruit and supplements as snacks between meals and after dinner, and I am never hungry. The biggest obstacle I have to come over with respect to late night snacking is the habit of eating just for the sake of eating while watching TV at night. In the past I would pick up a bag of chips or eat a leftover slice of pizza while I watch TV at night --- when I wasn't even hungry. Now, after having my after-dinner protein bar or shake, I really haven't had the urge to snack.

Let me know if you want me to track down the diet plan. If so, give me your email and I will send it to you.

sluggo44
10-11-2012, 11:10 AM
joefla70 could you send it to me? my email is: dslocum@wc.edu

joefla70
10-11-2012, 12:17 PM
joefla70 could you send it to me? my email is: dslocum@wc.edu

Sent.

tkdbbmom
10-11-2012, 04:49 PM
I am new to this posting thing but I wanted some support. I was on this plan in 1991 right after I got married. I started in late January and by June I had lost 55.5lbs. I felt great and then I got pregnant but managed to get the weight back off and then it just crept up from there and so on. I have gone on this a few times before and have always done well but never fully got to the end result. I have all of the info from way back then but I will need some help for the updates. I did rejoin in 1990 but quit before I finished. I have the info from that too. Now thanks to the internet I have re-discovered the only thing that has ever worked for me but there are no centers anyway near where I live and I cannot afford it or the home program at $800. Wow.

I found this site while looking up the qwlc program and have read some of the posting and feel that this is where I would feel comfortable asking for some advise. Where have all of the people gone that used to post? Are they all thin now?

In true "fatgirl" fashion I have not started yet but I plan to on Monday. Is anyone willing to help?

sewuniquelady
10-11-2012, 04:59 PM
That would be awesome! I thought they would block that out. Please send to sewuniquelady at gmail.com. I'm looking forward to seeing it again. As I think back, I think it was on green paper instead of blue!

joefla70
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
I am new to this posting thing but I wanted some support. I was on this plan in 1991 right after I got married. I started in late January and by June I had lost 55.5lbs. I felt great and then I got pregnant but managed to get the weight back off and then it just crept up from there and so on. I have gone on this a few times before and have always done well but never fully got to the end result. I have all of the info from way back then but I will need some help for the updates. I did rejoin in 1990 but quit before I finished. I have the info from that too. Now thanks to the internet I have re-discovered the only thing that has ever worked for me but there are no centers anyway near where I live and I cannot afford it or the home program at $800. Wow.

I found this site while looking up the qwlc program and have read some of the posting and feel that this is where I would feel comfortable asking for some advise. Where have all of the people gone that used to post? Are they all thin now?

In true "fatgirl" fashion I have not started yet but I plan to on Monday. Is anyone willing to help?

Sure, tkdbbmom, I would be happy to help. I'm not sure where the rest of the group went, but I post somewhat regularly. 2Chi posts once in a while as well, and there have been a couple of others who just posted recently. Unfortunately, since QWLC is not as big as some of the other plans (like Ideal Protein), you don't see many people posting on this thread. So, some people go outside of this thread for support.

As I said in my prior posts, I never actually joined QWLC. I just started following the diet plan on my own and purchased my own supplements. Actually, I have moved slightly away from the plan in that I have further reduced my carbs to just vegetables and a minimal amount of fruit. I am not necessarily recommending this. Its just what I am currently doing. Because of this, I might not be able to answer any specific questions that you have about the plan which a person who goes to QWLC might know. But I'll do my best.

joefla70
10-11-2012, 05:09 PM
That would be awesome! I thought they would block that out. Please send to sewuniquelady at gmail.com. I'm looking forward to seeing it again. As I think back, I think it was on green paper instead of blue!

You got it. I just sent it.

hspiritpowered
10-11-2012, 06:26 PM
So I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending the plan to bjkeller at me dot com as well.

I signed up for QWLC last night but am thinking I'd rather go with the roll your own approach and get the supplements for her and I online. I need her to be successful and me as well. I don't need folks pitching products.

Appreciate your help.

The supplements seem like they help and getting on 1500 cals or less with good choices seems like the best idea of all of the ideas out there. No chance you loose weight eating ice cream, drinking beer and eating pizza!

I also know you only live once so this has to be reasonable for both of us.

Thanks again for any help and your postings. I've read them.

joefla70
10-11-2012, 11:52 PM
So I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending the plan to bjkeller at me dot com as well.

I signed up for QWLC last night but am thinking I'd rather go with the roll your own approach and get the supplements for her and I online. I need her to be successful and me as well. I don't need folks pitching products.

Appreciate your help.

The supplements seem like they help and getting on 1500 cals or less with good choices seems like the best idea of all of the ideas out there. No chance you lose weight eating ice cream, drinking beer and eating pizza!

I also know you only live once so this has to be reasonable for both of us.

Thanks again for any help and your postings. I've read them.

hspiritpowered,

I am living proof that this can be done on your own. And hey, if I can do it, anybody can! It certainly helps when you have somebody else doing it with you. My wife and I both are doing the plan and we give each other support. The most surprising thing I've discovered is that it has gotten easier as time has gone by. As I lost more and more weight, I am less tempted to cheat because I do not want to blow all the hard work and effort that I have put into taking the weight off. Actually, when the pounds are coming off its almost an intoxicating effect and I've become almost obsessed with doing whatever it takes to achieve the result of a 3 to 4 pound weight loss per week. Sometimes that can be bad because I know that I am probably sometimes overdoing it by not eating enough carbs, etc. But I would never have thought it would have been able to do it as easily as I have. I know I have a long way to go, so I am not counting my chickens yet. And I know that maintenance will be hard too. But so far, so good.

focusedgirl
10-12-2012, 05:23 PM

Hi!

I just started the Quick Weight Loss Program a few days ago and would love to help you on your journey. I, too, noticed that there weren't many blogs and/or forums with people on QWLC that were constantly posting updates, so I decided to blog my journey on this diet. Feel free to check out my blog - I am currently on day 4 of the prep phase. Blog Name: "My Weight Loss Journey on the QWLC Diet" . Author": focusedgirl

Natalie

focusedgirl
10-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that my blog is on the "member blogs" section of 3fatchicks website.

Natalie

2Chi
10-13-2012, 04:21 AM
Good Luck to all the new people!

joefla70
10-14-2012, 05:32 PM
So, I went camping this weekend with several of my neighbors and our kids this Friday and the weekend. I was definitely diverted from my normal diet this weekend as a result. I took plenty of protein bars and shakes with me for snacks and to replace my breakfast. I watched myself pretty good. Despite the large amount of beer and liquor that was consumed, I only drank water (besides the protein shakes). For meals, I pretty much only had the grilled meat and salad. One night there was bbq and I had some meat that was covered with bbq sauce (which is actually not the way I prefer it anyway... I like it with very little sauce). I was expecting to not lose weight over the weekend, or possibly gain a pound or two, because of retention of water from all the sodium I was probably eating. But, to my surprise, I still lost a pound during the weekend and I am down 3 pounds for the week. I had the mindset going into the weekend that I was not going to allow myself to cheat and that I would do my best to keep on-plan given the circumstances. I am proud of myself that I was able to follow through with the plan.

How did everybody else's weekend go?

sewuniquelady
10-15-2012, 03:42 PM
My husband and I are starting the prep phase next week and I have several questions since we are doing this ourselves. I want to get the house completely cleared out of any foods we can't have. For the prep phase, I can't remember if the meat is limited to chicken or what amount. It seems like I was able to use butter, etc. to cook it with during the prep phase before. Is that still the same? For the greens, does this just mean lettuce or can I get fresh green beans for the prep phase?

Also, can anyone tell me if my husband should do Plan One or Plan Two?

Thanks again,
Sewuniquelady

joefla70
10-15-2012, 04:11 PM
My husband and I are starting the prep phase next week and I have several questions since we are doing this ourselves. I want to get the house completely cleared out of any foods we can't have. For the prep phase, I can't remember if the meat is limited to chicken or what amount. It seems like I was able to use butter, etc. to cook it with during the prep phase before. Is that still the same? For the greens, does this just mean lettuce or can I get fresh green beans for the prep phase?

Also, can anyone tell me if my husband should do Plan One or Plan Two?

Thanks again,
Sewuniquelady

Since I've never been to QWL, I am not 100% sure on your questions. But what I was told is that you can eat other meats besides chicken. I don't believe that there was a restriction on amount. I was told that you can eat a variety of raw green veggies, but I do not know if green beans is one of them. I want to say that green beans are not one of the approved veggies, but I could be wrong. I ate a lot of lettuce, cucumber, and spinach. I also believe you are correct about being able to eat more fats during the induction phase. One other thing, they wanted you to eat a small orange. I am not sure why, specifically, an orange. But that was what I was told.

Regarding which plan to use... I found plans one and two to be very restrictive. I went on plan three from day one and I lost a lot of weight on it. I am not sure that your husband would need to do plan one or two.

2Chi
10-15-2012, 11:23 PM
FINALLY!!!! After many bumps in the road, Im finally under 300!!! I was doing great when I first started, but then Pumpkin season happened, and I just can't resist a deliciously cold and creamy iced pumpkin spice latte from starbucks.

Sewun, as for the prep phase, I believe you can eat green beans. Infact, I think I even ate them raw as a snack. As for which phase to start on, Im guessing it starts by how much you weigh. Cause I was over 300 and started on 3 and my mom who weighs less started on 2. I went today and they told me I can now follow 2. Good luck!

tkdbbmom
10-16-2012, 12:35 PM
I started Prep Phase yesterday. It went great. I am down 3.5lbs already and though I know it was just water it still feels great. I did read the focused girl blog and am totally hooked. Keep up the good work. Why are you on the prep for more than 3 days? Years ago when I went on the plan the prep was for only 3 days. Just wondering.

joefla70
10-16-2012, 12:41 PM
FINALLY!!!! After many bumps in the road, Im finally under 300!!! I was doing great when I first started, but then Pumpkin season happened, and I just can't resist a deliciously cold and creamy iced pumpkin spice latte from starbucks.

Sewun, as for the prep phase, I believe you can eat green beans. Infact, I think I even ate them raw as a snack. As for which phase to start on, Im guessing it starts by how much you weigh. Cause I was over 300 and started on 3 and my mom who weighs less started on 2. I went today and they told me I can now follow 2. Good luck!

Awesome, 2Chi. It feels great to get past a milestone. I don't feel like my first milestone counted because I started at 404.5. I lost that 4.5 pounds in the first couple days just from shedding the water weight! But it felt really good to get under 350. Have you seen the Skinny Taste "Pumpkin Madness"? http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/skinny-pumpkin-madness.html Maybe that will help you get your fix of Pumpkin!

joefla70
10-16-2012, 12:45 PM
I started Prep Phase yesterday. It went great. I am down 3.5lbs already and though I know it was just water it still feels great. I did read the focused girl blog and am totally hooked. Keep up the good work. Why are you on the prep for more than 3 days? Years ago when I went on the plan the prep was for only 3 days. Just wondering.

Great start, tkdbbmom! If I could give you one piece of advice it would be not to panic if you think you hit a plateau during the week. I am obsessed with weighing myself every day, even though my official weigh-in is once a week. In the beginning I used to 'panic' if my weight did not go down or, god forbid, went up a couple pounds during the week. But then I realized that over the long term I was consistently losing weight every week. I have learned to be patient and trust the plan, rather than panic and go back to the prep phase at the fist sign of a plateau.

2Chi
10-18-2012, 04:28 AM
Awesome, 2Chi. It feels great to get past a milestone. I don't feel like my first milestone counted because I started at 404.5. I lost that 4.5 pounds in the first couple days just from shedding the water weight! But it felt really good to get under 350. Have you seen the Skinny Taste "Pumpkin Madness"? http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/skinny-pumpkin-madness.html Maybe that will help you get your fix of Pumpkin!

Thanks Im gonna check them out. But I want fattaste pumpkin! lol

tkdbbmom
10-18-2012, 12:54 PM
3 day prep phase done. 8lbs gone. I cannot wait to start my healthy eating journey. I have some questions if anyone can help. I noticed that someone out there says they have the plan. If possible can someone send it to me at b r e f v 8 at aol dot com. I know they say that it will delete the link so I typed it out. The plan I have is from 1991 and 1999. I am sure there are many updates to the list that I do not have. Also, is there still a list of frozen meals or restaurant meals?

I am also wondering about the supplements. I will order fron the "other" sites given but way back when (both times) I remember you had to have two supplements. One bar and then a drink or a pudding. Is that still true. I read that you can use the pure protein bars from Walmart and I did buy those but I noticed they have more calories than the QWLC brand. Any suggestions?

joefla70
10-18-2012, 02:48 PM
tkdbbmom,

You are off to a great start! Keep up the great work.

I sent you an email with the plan. I don't have any listing of frozen or restaurant meals.

Regarding supplements, from what I understand, yes you are supposed to have the two different kinds of supplements. You are definitely not supposed to have more than one bar per day. I was the one (or one of the ones) who said they used the Pure Protein products. This is because I don't actually go to QWL center. Plus, the Pure Protein bars are much cheaper. The bars might have slightly more calories than the QWL kind (200 vs. 170), but they are lower in sugar and carbs overall. Since you are only supposed to eat one bar per day, a 30 calorie difference wasn't a big deal to me. The Pure Protein shakes are only about 110 calories.

All I can tell you is that I have been using the Pure Protein products from day 1 and in less than three months I am down 60 pounds. So, they have been a perfectly good supplement substitute for me. Plus, you can find them in a lot of places in addition to Walmart, including Publix and most drug stores. In fact, I have even found them in some convenience stores. Sometimes when I am out around town and I don't have my supplements with me, I will just stop in a Walgreens, Publix, CVS, etc. and pick up an individual protein bar.

lfshelton
10-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Hello everyone. So so happy I found this thread! I've perused the internet for so long trying to find a support for QWLC diet plan. I'll be starting my prep phase tomorrow and am psyched. I started the program back in March and lost 15 lbs in 4 weeks - then had some bumps in the family and completely fell off the wagon. Haven't gained it all back - so I'm starting lower than initially... So here goes all that fat! :)

joefla70
10-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Hello everyone. So so happy I found this thread! I've perused the internet for so long trying to find a support for QWLC diet plan. I'll be starting my prep phase tomorrow and am psyched. I started the program back in March and lost 15 lbs in 4 weeks - then had some bumps in the family and completely fell off the wagon. Haven't gained it all back - so I'm starting lower than initially... So here goes all that fat! :)

Welcome lfshelton! And good luck! If you also find yourself in need of support that is not specific to the QWLC diet plan itself, there are many threads on the 3 fat chicks site that you may find helpful to you. In addition to this thread, I read and comment on a number of other threads on the site.

joefla70
10-22-2012, 03:05 PM
I know we've recently had some new additions to the QWLC thread. How is everybody doing? Did everybody get started yet?

I had one of my best weeks since my induction phase. Last Sunday I was 346.3. This Sunday I weighed-in at 340.6. I started eating a little more fruit because I was hardly getting any. My fruit of choice has been raspberries.

I really didn't cook anything too fancy this week because it takes so much time to make the cauliflower rice. So, we pretty much just ate grilled proteins and veggies. So, I guess I probably had less carbs than usual.

I also started eating almonds as a snack, which I sometimes alternate with my protein bar if I am looking for more of a savory snack, rather than a sweet one. I like to save my bars for when I have a sweet tooth. I know that those of you on a strict QWL diet may be hesitant to do that because the almonds are higher in fat than the protein bars. But I have decided to minimize carbs and not worry as much about the fat -- especially when its good fats like olive oil, nuts, etc. In fact, I probably should join the South Beach diet forum because that is probably most akin to what I am doing now! :)

2Chi
10-23-2012, 04:56 AM
I feel like Im losing more inches than pounds. Im obsessed with my new clavical. OK its not really noticable but I can see it a little. YaY!

joefla70
10-23-2012, 10:00 AM
I feel like Im losing more inches than pounds. Im obsessed with my new clavical. OK its not really noticable but I can see it a little. YaY!

Hey, as long as you are seeing results! Congrats on your newly found clavical!

I feel like I'm losing more pounds than inches. I'm down 65 and I've only gone from a size 60 pants to a size 56 (although I just ordered a couple of pairs of size 54 jeans because I should be able to fit in them soon). I would think that since I'm 1/3 of the way through my weight loss, I would have taken more inches off.

tkdbbmom
10-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Joe:

I cannot believe you have lost so much weight. I am so happy for you. We all know this is hard work but it is really worth it. Thanks to all of your helpful advice (I have read through all of the postings) I am down 12.5 as of this AM. No where near your loss but there is hope. I plan on this time dieting being the last time I put myself through this. Right now it is still in the phase of getting used to it and making things more "fun" but let us not forget this is a long journey.

Keep up the great work!!!!

amyll219
10-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi!

I just started the Quick Weight Loss Program a few days ago and would love to help you on your journey. I, too, noticed that there weren't many blogs and/or forums with people on QWLC that were constantly posting updates, so I decided to blog my journey on this diet. Feel free to check out my blog - I am currently on day 4 of the prep phase. Blog Name: "My Weight Loss Journey on the QWLC Diet" . Author": focusedgirl

Natalie

Hi Natalie,

I have been reading you blog and find it very encouraging. Are you going to continue posting?

joefla70
10-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Joe:

I cannot believe you have lost so much weight. I am so happy for you. We all know this is hard work but it is really worth it. Thanks to all of your helpful advice (I have read through all of the postings) I am down 12.5 as of this AM. No where near your loss but there is hope. I plan on this time dieting being the last time I put myself through this. Right now it is still in the phase of getting used to it and making things more "fun" but let us not forget this is a long journey.

Keep up the great work!!!!

Thanks, tkdbbmom. You are doing great! Keep it up!

I hit a speed bump the last week, but I got past it. I was down to 340 as of 2 Sunday's ago. This this past Sunday I was up to 342. (What's up with that?!?). But now I am down to 339, so all is well. I think I may have failed to watch my protein portions strictly enough. Also, I had been trying almonds as a snack. Bad idea (for me). I found it hard to portion control with them. It was like eating potato chips. With the supplements (bars and shakes) I don't exceed the portion. But for whatever reason, if my snack does not come pre-packaged, I am much more prone to over-eating. But even still, I didn't expect to actually GAIN any weight. I hope the gain was just an anomaly. Otherwise, it is depressing to think that my weight would shoot up by such a small deviation from my plan. That would not be an encouraging thought looking ahead to maintenance!

How is everybody else doing. This forum has been very quiet lately! I've had to go to the IP forums to see people discussing there diet issues.

Kleigh35
10-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been on the QWLC plan for about 6 weeks now and am down 25 lbs. I love everything about it, except the cost. Can anyone provide me with a website that sells the supplements cheaper? I love the shakes and powders and soups and QuickBoosts but they are just so expensive.

Thanks!!

joefla70
10-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been on the QWLC plan for about 6 weeks now and am down 25 lbs. I love everything about it, except the cost. Can anyone provide me with a website that sells the supplements cheaper? I love the shakes and powders and soups and QuickBoosts but they are just so expensive.

Thanks!!

I read this back in July 2012 on this forum:

Kleigh35
11-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Thank you so much!! It is nice to come on here and read everyone's comments and support. I haven't really told any of my friends or family that I am doing this program so I dont have many resources to reach out to.

joefla70
11-01-2012, 02:25 PM
You're welcome Kleigh35. Personally, I use the Pure Protein brand of bars and shakes you can buy in the store. I am trying to reduce my carbs to even lower levels. The QWLC bars have more carbs than the Pure Protein.

tkdbbmom
11-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Joe: Hang in there. This does work. Yes, perhaps you "over did" it on the almonds but come on, almonds? You should not gain weight from almonds! It is most likely a fluctuation. Do not get discouraged! I have to keep telling myself that I did not put all of this weight on in a months. I actually have been working on it for about twenty years! Though I would never expect it to take THAT long but this will take time. Today is bad for me even though I am down 18.5 from 10/15. I am just hungry. I just want a pizza or cheeseburger. I am peobably not even hungry, it is just the addict wanting food, bad food. It is just one of those days. I am having a pity party. I will overcome this, mind over matter, I just want to vent!!!!! Why me? Why any of us. I hate those people who can eat whatever they want and never have a problem. I will just drink my water and eat my protein bar and get over it. I have a long road ahead and I will not give in!

Kleigh35: The pure protein bars really do work. I got that tip from Joe. The Chocolate deluxe is a bit too chocolatey for me but the peanut butter is really good. I did look at the diet direct website and the items look good there but since I am not at a center (there are none in Illinois anymore) I am not sure what is "approved" maybe you could post that. I have not yet ordered anything but will if I can get some advice on a few different supplements.

magenta123
11-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Hey there! I did the QWLC program in 2008 - my goal was to lose 100 lbs...I lost 40 lbs in 2 months and kept it off until last year when I quit smoking...soooo...I had 85 lbs to lose to get to my goal.

It works...but when I did it I was not working or anything...I was a "full time dieter" if that makes sense.

Now I want to do it again, however, I am a full time grad student and work. I am trying to do it but need help!

I also would soooo appreciate updates if there are any from the 2008 plan. No dairy was allowed and no oil...even extra virgin olive oil...only 1 tbs light butter or 1 tbsp light mayo.

And I *think* the first 3 days were different...please help! I can give my email addy if anyone wants to graciously give me the info. Thanks all!

joefla70
11-02-2012, 01:50 AM
Hey there! I did the QWLC program in 2008 - my goal was to lose 100 lbs...I lost 40 lbs in 2 months and kept it off until last year when I quit smoking...soooo...I had 85 lbs to lose to get to my goal.

It works...but when I did it I was not working or anything...I was a "full time dieter" if that makes sense.

Now I want to do it again, however, I am a full time grad student and work. I am trying to do it but need help!

I also would soooo appreciate updates if there are any from the 2008 plan. No dairy was allowed and no oil...even extra virgin olive oil...only 1 tbs light butter or 1 tbsp light mayo.

And I *think* the first 3 days were different...please help! I can give my email addy if anyone wants to graciously give me the info. Thanks all!

Hi Magenta,

I don't go to QWLC, but I have the info from somebody else who does. I can email it to you.

magenta123
11-03-2012, 02:00 PM
thanks so much! email is:

landjenna at gmail dot com

joefla70
11-04-2012, 07:31 PM
thanks so much! email is:

landjenna at gmail dot com

email sent.

joefla70
11-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Joe: Hang in there. This does work. Yes, perhaps you "over did" it on the almonds but come on, almonds? You should not gain weight from almonds! It is most likely a fluctuation. Do not get discouraged! I have to keep telling myself that I did not put all of this weight on in a months. I actually have been working on it for about twenty years! Though I would never expect it to take THAT long but this will take time. Today is bad for me even though I am down 18.5 from 10/15. I am just hungry. I just want a pizza or cheeseburger. I am peobably not even hungry, it is just the addict wanting food, bad food. It is just one of those days. I am having a pity party. I will overcome this, mind over matter, I just want to vent!!!!! Why me? Why any of us. I hate those people who can eat whatever they want and never have a problem. I will just drink my water and eat my protein bar and get over it. I have a long road ahead and I will not give in!

Kleigh35: The pure protein bars really do work. I got that tip from Joe. The Chocolate deluxe is a bit too chocolatey for me but the peanut butter is really good. I did look at the diet direct website and the items look good there but since I am not at a center (there are none in Illinois anymore) I am not sure what is "approved" maybe you could post that. I have not yet ordered anything but will if I can get some advice on a few different supplements.

You're right, tkdbbmom. I don't let it affect me anymore. I accept that there are going to be fluctuations and plateaus. This Sunday I was down to 335, so I am right back on track. The funny thing is that a couple of times this week I went "Atkins" with a few meals and had a lot more fat than I would usually have. One day I ordered a couple slices of pizza (one with sausage and one with pepperoni) and then just ate the cheese and toppings off of them for dinner. Another night I went to chipotle and had a steak salad bowl with a little bit of cheese, sour cream, black beans, salsa, little bit of corn, and cilantro.) I was curious how this would affect my weight this Sunday -- especially the Pizza. But I was ok. Actually, I was more than ok because I was down 5 lbs for the week. It kinda scares me though, because I'm afraid this might embolden me to take more "chances." But, I know that I need to make those 'cheat' meals a once in a while treat.

canadianwoman
11-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Let me know if you want me to track down the diet plan. If so, give me your email and I will send it to you.

Thanks.

2Chi
11-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Sooooo. I feel like a failure. I was on vacation for 9 days and pretty much went back to my old eating habits of not eating. I lost my appetite and I pretty much only ate one meal a day and it wasnt even a complete meal. I had a Halloween Party and made the most delicious dip Jalapeno Popper Dip. The left over dip was pretty much my meal for like 2-3 days. Also, I had also been on my feet all day for pretty much the entire vacation and that tends to make my ankles swell. Plus I barely drank any water which I know contributed to it. So Im up in weight but I know its mostly due to the swelling. Today was my first day back to work, so Im hoping I fall back into my regular routine. I dont understand why I lose focus. But I know I must get back on track. Im not updating my weight until my ankles no longer look like fred flintstone feet. Siiiiiiiigh.

2Chi
11-05-2012, 04:44 AM
Sorry if I sounded like Debbie Downer. Let me add some positive info. I bought a pair of jeans in an 18/20 when Im normally a 24. Yes my new jeans were a little stretchy but they fit perfectly! I also went to Old Navy and I can fit into some of their XXL shirts. YaY!

proudmommy09
11-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Just thought Id chime in and re introduce myself.im Mary and I have done qwlc half hearted attempts since last year the most I stuck to it was 4 weeks. But I did complete the whole weight loss program 20 weeks almost 6 years ago. I lost 60#. I was very motivated and dedicated It worked!!
Fast forward to tons of other diets and Im back to QWLC because its the best for dropping weight. I believe. Its always rough the first few weeks for me. I just hope I can get into that zone where I no longer get cravings and just eat all my food like im supposed to to just get it in. It seems like this support thread is pretty active :). Nice meeting yall

joefla70
11-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Sooooo. I feel like a failure. I was on vacation for 9 days and pretty much went back to my old eating habits of not eating. I lost my appetite and I pretty much only ate one meal a day and it wasnt even a complete meal. I had a Halloween Party and made the most delicious dip Jalapeno Popper Dip. The left over dip was pretty much my meal for like 2-3 days. Also, I had also been on my feet all day for pretty much the entire vacation and that tends to make my ankles swell. Plus I barely drank any water which I know contributed to it. So Im up in weight but I know its mostly due to the swelling. Today was my first day back to work, so Im hoping I fall back into my regular routine. I dont understand why I lose focus. But I know I must get back on track. Im not updating my weight until my ankles no longer look like fred flintstone feet. Siiiiiiiigh.

I know how you feel. In the past I have had bad relapses. That is one of the reasons that I allow myself to eat something I wouldn't ordinarily eat once in a while. In no case will I eat bad carbs, but I will let myself eat higher fat on occasion. I fear that if I am too restrictive, then I will not be able to do this long term. However, on the flip side, my other concern is that my cheats might turn into a slippery slope, and I might start having more and more of them. I know I have to try hard not to do that.

I think that the fact that you went on a 9 day vacation and didn't completely fall off the wagon during that time (which you didn't), then you shouldn't be down on yourself --- especially if the weight gain is due to swelling and water retention. I wouldn't be surprised that once you get back into your routine you quickly take that weight back off -- and then some.

joefla70
11-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Just thought Id chime in and re introduce myself.im Mary and I have done qwlc half hearted attempts since last year the most I stuck to it was 4 weeks. But I did complete the whole weight loss program 20 weeks almost 6 years ago. I lost 60#. I was very motivated and dedicated It worked!!
Fast forward to tons of other diets and Im back to QWLC because its the best for dropping weight. I believe. Its always rough the first few weeks for me. I just hope I can get into that zone where I no longer get cravings and just eat all my food like im supposed to to just get it in. It seems like this support thread is pretty active :). Nice meeting yall

Hi proundmommy. Welcome back. Nice meeting you too. I saw your earlier posts when I first joined 3FC and found this thread back in August. This thread was pretty quiet for a while, but recently we have had some new people come aboard. Hopefully it will stay active.

tkdbbmom
11-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone. Glad to see some activity and to see some of the people back. When I started this diet on 10/15 or so I read the entire feed to see how eash person was going through all of this.

We all need to remember that this is a long process and sometimes we just have to eat something "normal" We can still basically stay on plan but to keep ones sanity it is ok to stray a bit. Yes, the perfect result will happen if we never do anything wrong but who is perfect? Sometimes you just need a little something different to make yourself feel better. I am sure none of us are thinking Big Macs but sometimes it is ok to stray a little. When I was at QWLC 20 years go and I was at a plateau for over a month but still not at the goal we tried everything. They finally told me eat off plan for the weekend and report back Monday. That did break the plateau by the end of the week but it felt weird. It worked until I reached the goal.

I had a really bad pit party at the end of last week but I am down 20lbs. and feeling better about myself already. I know it will be hard but I am worth it and so are all of you. Good luck everyone!

Comedian
11-10-2012, 02:27 PM
New here..........
Just found this site after looking for some QWLC cookie recipes. Which by the way I have not found. Looking to make some cookies with my protein supplements. Any ideas?

Kleigh35
11-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Magenta123 you can do it! Trust me, I am in law school so I know what it is like to have a busy schedule and try to stick to it. Needless to say it involves a ton of cooking my meals ahead of time and multiple tupperware containers haha. But it CAN be done!!! I used to use the excuse that I was too busy to eat healthy, but that is just simply not true :)

Thank you to everyone for the helpful tips! Down 30 lbs in two months and ready for the next 30 lbs!

msaraig
11-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Sewuniquelady:

Joe,

Would you mind sending it to me

msaraig at hot mail dot com

Thank you!

joefla70
11-12-2012, 11:07 AM
New here..........
Just found this site after looking for some QWLC cookie recipes. Which by the way I have not found. Looking to make some cookies with my protein supplements. Any ideas?

I have never seen any QWLC recipes. I do not actually go to QWLC center, I just follow the diet. So, I don't buy any of their supplements. However... there are people who do other diets who create recipes with their supplements. Maybe that might give you some ideas. Try looking at this one. Its for the "Ideal Protein" diet which seems to be very popular:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html

joefla70
11-12-2012, 11:14 AM
So, this week I had some good and bad things happen. The good thing is that I lost 10 pounds! The bad thing is that what caused me to lose much more weight than usual was a stomach flu which I had from Monday to Friday morning! If you want a very potent appetite suppressant, I heartily recommend it! ;) I was curious whether part of the weight would go right back on after I got better. Surprisingly, that hasn't happened - yet. My symptoms ended on Friday morning and I ate normally over the weekend. So far, so good.

KM3072
11-13-2012, 04:42 AM
New here..........

This is the only cookie recipe I've come across on their website. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds pretty good.

Pina Colada Cookies

Content
1/2 Protein, 1 Supplement, 1 Fruit

Ingredients
1 Large Egg
1 Pkg. Vanilla Supplement
1/2 Cup Canned Pineapple
1 Tsp. Coconut Extract
1 Pkg. Equal

Directions
Cut pineapple into very thin bits. Spray Teflon pan with Pam and cook pineapple at medium high until most of the juice evaporates. Mix other ingredients together until cookie dough is formed. Add the pineapple. Drop from teaspoon onto cookie sheet that has been sprayed with unflavored Pam. Bake at 350 degrees in oven for 8 minutes. Cool and enjoy!

tkdbbmom
11-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Joe:

Glad to hear you are feeling better. It was awful you had to go through that but 10lbs, WOW! I hope you took it easy on yourself while you fully recover. Despite the flu you are doing so well. You inspire me. I weighed in this AM and down 25!!!!! Yeah! Now, let's just get through these holidays.

joefla70
11-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Joe:

Glad to hear you are feeling better. It was awful you had to go through that but 10lbs, WOW! I hope you took it easy on yourself while you fully recover. Despite the flu you are doing so well. You inspire me. I weighed in this AM and down 25!!!!! Yeah! Now, let's just get through these holidays.

Thanks Tkdbbmom. You're doing great too. The only holiday that I really need to worry about is Thanksgiving. But I am going to try to make some alternative side dishes to go along with the turkey to take the place of the stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, etc. I'll probably make a cauliflower mash for one side, a bread-less "stuffing" substitute, and some roasted veggies. There are lots of websites with healthy Thanksgiving recipes. So many look good. It will be hard to choose what to make! But even if I do indulge a little more on Thanksgiving than usual, it is only one day. I am not going to get down on myself for one day.

tkdbbmom
11-13-2012, 04:12 PM
How do you make the cauliflower mash?

joefla70
11-13-2012, 04:30 PM

There are many recipes for it, depending on what type of diet you're on. (See below). The low carb people who don't worry about fat may use heavy cream, cream cheese, etc. to give it a creamy texture. However, I try to use low fat alternatives when I can.

After cooking the cauliflower (you can microwave it, steam it, boil it), I cut it up into small pieces and put it in a big bowl and mash it with a potato masher. You could also use a food processor to puree it. Then, add in the ingredients you would typically use to make mashed potatoes. I like a lot of flavor, so I typically sautee' some garlic and green onion and mix that in. To make it creamy, I add in some fat free half-n-half and some Fage' non-fat Greek yogurt (which tastes like sour cream to me). But you can play around with those ingredients and maybe use some low fat butter substitute instead or fat free cheese perhaps. I guess it just depends on what you like in your mashed potatoes. There are also some seasonings that taste like butter and cheese made by Colonel Seasons (for seasoning popcorn). That could work too.

Here are a few recipes:

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbsidedishes/r/cauliflowermash.htm

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/george-stella/mock-garlic-mashed-potatoes-recipe/index.html

joefla70
11-13-2012, 04:32 PM

I do, however, much prefer the cauliflower "rice" to the mash. To me, the texture is much more satisfying. I make a Mexican "rice" dish that comes out really good.