Old 03-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/180/145

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy losing focus sucks. I need advice

Hey guys.
So, so far Ive lost between 45 and 50 lbs and even though its taken forever Im really proud of myself.

but... lately (after reaching that glorious onderland) I've had no motivation whatsoever. I just feel absolutely at a loss at what to do.

Its only been about 2 and a half to 3 weeks so luckily I havent started gaining majorly but Ive maybe gained back 2-3 lbs (198 now) and I just feel pudgier and frumpy (maybe thats due to the fact that my TOM is next week). I'm kind of afraid Ive lost muscle and replaced it with more fat.

I just really want to make it to my goal and beyond and just to be albe to say that I did it and to be able to just feel good about myself and pretty.

I mean I know what I need to do to keep losing but Im either not exersizing enough but eating okay, not eating healthy but getting in my cardio, or just a sucky combination of the two. I think part of it is that its midterms and my life is just kinda BLAH right now between balancing school, work, and wishing I had a social life to take my mind off of myself (I think im kinda depressed after several things that have happened lately)

but I just wanted to know 1) have you ever gone through this stage and 2) whats the best way to approach returning to losing weight/keeping motivated/etc?

okay Im done ranting.

Last edited by hilariousness; 03-16-2011 at 12:00 PM.
hilariousness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #2  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Force yourself! (I just thought of that right now as I was writing something.) I haven't been to the gym since I finished with my trainer and as of today I really have no excuse as to why I can't go. I'm at work, right now so after work I'm already up and about so why not hit the gym. I haven't forced myself yet but I think I'm going to start tomorrow because I remember how good I feel when I went to the gym! I'm at a spot right now where I think I look good yet I'm still over weight and I think that's my problem. (but I'm not where I look when I'm naked - sorry for the TMI, but it's true. I look awsome in clothing but I want to look awesome both ways!)
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #3  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

i've totally been there! I got down to my lowest ever weight, and then after my wedding i was lazy for two months and i gained by 10 lbs, which put me 5 lbs over my wedding weight... i'm currently back to my wedding weight, but it took me 7 weeks to get back to where i started from!

since you're only 2-3 lbs backwards, i would tell you to reel it in and get back on the horse because it feels terrible to be 10 lbs backwards.

my motivator is thinking about what i want to look like!
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #4  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Sometimes you just need a break. Take a week or two off (don't go crazy mind you) try to stay within 2 or 3 pounds of what you're at now, then start back. It helps.
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I feel ya- I've been there and I just had to PUSH myself and practically fight myself to not overeat and to get on the exercise.

You just have to grit your teeth and GIT'R DONE!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
my life is just kinda BLAH right now between balancing school, work, and wishing I had a social life to take my mind off of myself
Oh, I was right there with you regarding that part. Still kinda am. Luckily, I got a boost of motivation recently and am trying to get back on track. I joined a kick boxing program and started yesterday, and I think that is going to help A LOT. Great exercise, and I'm also hoping to maybe meet some new people. It's definitely tough though, balancing school, work, eating healthy, and exercising. And like you said, it's tough when theres no social life to take your mind off of things (I am right there with you).

Basically, my advice is the same as what the others have said- just try to push yourself and think about what you want to look like. Also, post here for support, and think about joining an exercise group like I did. Good luck!
xLindsay46 is offline   Reply With Quote