Old 03-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Talking Not so new newbie :)

Hi ladies my name is Brook. I am not exactly new here because I have been here before I actually used to come here almost religiously, but when I got pregnant with my third son I quit and gained 25 lbs and now I am back my biggest yet. Any who I ended up getting rid of the email account associated with that 3fk account and couldn't remember my password and such so had to create a new one. Really regardless this is a fresh start for me. I am more determined than ever to be successful this time. After starting nursing school and learning about ATP and how our bodies burn Glucose, Fat and, proteins I realized that the Atkins low carb diet would be the most successful. So based on my own research and learning exactly how this all works I have decided to start the Atkins plan as that is the most strait forward way to achieve ketosis which basically is what I have learned in school as the best way to lose weight.

Of course that and getting active but with three boys I don't have much of a choice in that matter . Any way a little about me I am 27 28 in may married from MI mother of three boys almost 8 almost 5 and 6 months. I weigh 210 right now and that's actually down 30 from the day I had my son. I am really looking forward to this as I just can not be this size and this unhealthy feeling any more. ( I really have good health amazingly, but I sure don't feel that way) I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing success stories!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'4''

Hi Brook! I am sort of a new newbie myself. I was here a few years back, but when I got preggo with my second son, I did the same and just didn't write anymore. I'm a bit older than you -- I just turned 31. My youngest is almost 8 mos. and my oldest is almost 6yrs. And my weight is currently 208.5. So, we're in almost the same place! Glad you're here and it will be great to keep up with you especially since our numbers and situation seems so similar! Good luck and keep posting!
JustJ280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Hey thanks! I am on the computer a lot more often now thanks to school so I will be posting a lot more here. I am officially getting started with Atkins today. I had to get through my sons 8th bday so I didnt have to fight the cake temptation lol. But so far today I have started out great and am going to keep focused on this!!! Its going to be hard to not want ice cream this summer and drinks and such. I wonder how other Atkins users do with drinks? I am not a big drinker but from time to time I do drink. Im sure I can quit but ya its just one more thing to add to my list. I am a smoker to and need to quit and I am setting my quit date for after the induction part of Atkins. I am also not sure how I am going to go with out caffeine. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow to talk with her about all these things. Its time to be a better healthier me. I am really excited to do this because of all the things I have learned about carbs and such in school I have a feeling this will be the best "diet" ever! Even though this is a change of life for my family and I! Best of luck to you yes lets keep up together. It will be fun to have someone to go through this with!!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'4''

I was a smoker, too! Best thing I did to quit -- if not for my body at least for my wallet! LOL But the best advice is to tackle one thing at a time. I never gave up the caffeine. I lost 40lbs. before my second child and I drank caffeine with no issues. I'm drinking it now and losing. So, for me, I'd rather do that than to give up everything, although I guess I did cut back since I don't really drink soda anymore. As far as alcohol, once you are out of induction, you can have alcohol now and then. I save mine for date nights and Girl's night out! Then I allow myself a little. I usually have a glass of wine or maybe some other low carb drink. So, it's not gone forever. The little changes will add up over time and you will find what works for you. Induction really is the hardest but once you move past that to OWL, it'll be MUCH easier since you'll have more options. Again, it's all about the little changes over time that add up because if you do too much at once, you'll just hate it! And since you have the rest of your life, might as well be at a pace that works for you.
JustJ280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Welcome Brook!
Oh and your avatar pic is just precious!
homeschoolmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

Welcome back, brook...Just like you i used to stay on these boards all the time..I just stated back myself.... Low carb works great for me to..I fell off the wagon and now its time to jump back on....for us all...
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 191/175/145

Height: 5'2"

Like you Candy, I fell off the wagon. I lost 40 pounds in 2 months when I first did atkins in 06. I felt and looked great. After getting pregnant and giving in to all those cravings, I gained 63 pounds. Imagine my surprise when the weight didn't fall right off after I had my daughter...lol! Atkins seems to be the only thing that works for me. I got down to 162 last summer. I had the depo shot which put 34 pounds back on me. Now that I am off of it, the weight is starting to come off. I am back down to 175. Its alot slower this time around. BUT a lot of things have changed since 06. I had a baby and I am now almost 37...I enjoy reading people's success stories cause it keeps me motivated. Wishing you all the best of luck in your struggles with weight loss cause its a daily thing for me.
queenjullee is offline   Reply With Quote