Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #1  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Undies question

Ok, I'm worried about being able to find undies to fit. I don't know if most people just wear panties that fit more loosely than I do or what. Right now I am wearing a size 6 Hanes bikini style. According to their website they are supposed to be for hip sizes 38-39. My hips are currently 44. I was wearing a 7 which is supposed to be 40-41 when I was 46. So I'm showing a 5-6 inch difference between what they claim and what I actually wear. The smallest size they make is a 4 which they claim is for 34-35. I should wear the 4 when I have 40 inch hips. My hips will eventually be smaller than 40. How will I get panties? I don't want to spend a zillion dollars and I hate Victoria's Secret with a passion, I will not shop there. I'm worried that I will have to buy undies in the girls' section. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you solve it?
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I love love love Lane Bryants undies. They last FOREVER, are so COMFY, and go all the way DOWN to a size 12. They also go by pant size, which makes more sense to me.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I think it depends on how you are built and how tight/loose you want your undies to be.

Personally, I am at 150 pounds and am wearing size 7 or 8, depending upon how they are made. I do not like wearing tight underwear, but too-loose is not good for me either. I dislike seeing someone in too-tight panties or bras.

But I suppose it is what you are comfy in.

If in doubt, try them on while wearing your own underwear.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #4  

well, I'm in 6s now and they are not too tight at all. When changing sizes I usually just buy a small pack so that if they don't work I haven't wasted much money. Besides, even if I'm not there yet I can always just put them in the back of the drawer until they fit. The problem is that Hanes does not make women's panties that are small enough for what I will need in probably a few months time (my 6s are slightly baggy now). Fruit of the Loom seems to be about the same. I can't stand for my panties to be loose. I also tend to stock up on clothing in the sizes I'm headed into. I already have size 5s and will be ordering 4s soon, but then what?
Old 03-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #5  

Annie - I lift weights and have quite a lot of muscle, so my weight tends to be higher than average for my size. My pants right now are 12 and 12P.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

I am thinking if you are stretching them five inches farther then the manufacturer says they are meant to be stretched, that you must wear them much tighter than the average person. At 185 pounds and 5 feet 2 inches, I would have to think a size small underwear would have to be well....small, but if that is how you like em, that is how you like em LOL I guess since you are still a size away from the smallest size Hanes makes, I would just wait it out and worry about it later.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

I also wear mainly bikini cut undies and I have the same issue. When I wore a size 22 pant, I wore a Lane Bryant size 18/20 undie. Now that I am wearing a size 18 pant, my 14/16 undies are starting to become baggy. It's not that I like to wear tight undies, I just like to wear fitted undies that don't sag in the booty area. I still have a way to go before I can't find a size small enough to fit, but I can feel your pain. I do like the Hanes microfiber bikini brief. They seem to be cut smaller because they have more stretch, but that also means that they are wearable through a variety of sizes.
digitalrequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #8  

They aren't stretched out on me though, that's the problem. I'm thinking maybe the way they measure 'hips' and the way I measure them is just different or something.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #9  

digitalrequiem - I haven't tried the microfiber ones. I'll have to grab a pack and see how that goes. Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #10  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Well if when you take off your underwear you have the elastic marks all over then they could be too tight.

I am only 4 lbs heavier than you and I wear size 7s, I believe my hips are 41 (last time I checked).

Where are you measuring your hip at? You are doing it at the widest point around your butt?

If your underwear is also old it may be stretched out bit?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You might want to try different brands , I like Jockey, Vanity Fair and Warners. I have some microfiber and while they are comfortable and fit well they turn a really nasty color after being washed, no matter what color they were in the beginning.

Last edited by bargoo; 03-15-2011 at 06:07 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #12  

beerab - nope, no marks at all and not old undies. I measure my hips at the widest part which when I have on undies is about halfway between the waist and the leg of boyshorts or right at the leg of bikinis.

bargoo - I have also tried jockey and fruit of the loom. I didn't like them. I like fruit of the loom ok, but their sizes are about the same as hanes. I shall have to look around and see if I can find any other brands around here to try.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

I am 154 wearing in between size 8-10 pants and I wear size 7-8 undies. I must have my undies completely cover my butt from the side of one cheek all the way over to the other side. I can't stand getting wedgies!! I can't stand tight undies either, don't like the way they cut into you.
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I agree try some other brands or the kind you can buy separately at Walmart or any department store. They sometimes run smaller than the ones that come in a package (i find I usually am a size (or 2) smaller in Fruit of a Looms and Hanes than what I buy separately). They are more expensive to buy one at a time but not VS prices. Watch for sales and try places like TJ Maxx or Gordmans for a good deal.

Also if all else fails try the ones aimed at 'juniors' run smaller since juniors usually have smaller hips.
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

I had to tackle this one a few weeks ago. I asked my mom (who is thinner then I) on what size to buy (I was shopping at the time and didn't want to try anything on, eww!) she suggested a size 6 cause that's what she wears and she's fine. I bought a Hanes pack cause I"m still losing weight. Turned out that when I got home, all my old ones are size 6 and very loose. My hips are 38. Since they were never opened, I exchanged them for size 5's and they fit perfectly.
I'm cheap, I wouldn't buy expensive undies until I know for sure what I'm comfortable with.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote