100 lb. Club - Back Again

View Full Version : Back Again

seashell
03-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I posted in this forum so I thought I would say hello before jumping back in.

I lost about 100 pounds with the help of 3fc about 8 years ago. Alot of stress has put some of the weight back on and I really need to get on top of it before I'm as bad off as I was before. So here I am again! Back on Atkins and hoping that along with losing weight, I can learn some healthy ways to deal with stress besides getting depressed and eating.

My name is Shell and I live in CT with my 2 kids (12 and 18) and my dogs. Im single. Part of the reason I stress eat, but a loooooong story so lets just say single and heartbroken and leave it at that. I operate a home daycare and I love it, but being at home all the time and being around the kids snacks can be a problem for me if I don't stay prepared. Like most people, I do really well for a while. I stay organized, track everything...then something happens, I trip and instead of getting up, I just sit on the floor and cry with a gallon of ice cream.

I know what I can and can't eat. The problem is depression or stress kicks in and I just stop caring. Thats where i'm hoping 3fc will help again.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Shell

Tai
03-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi Shell and welcome back! When you feel depressed or stressed out come here and vent and let us support you.

Beck
03-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Welcome back, Shell. I've recently returned, too, and I can completely identify with the eating that comes along with depression and stress.

You lost the weight once, and now you'll lose it once and for all!

Good luck on the journey.

Sandi
03-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Welcome Back!!!!

seashell
03-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks ladies,

It feels good to be back, like i've regained a tiny bit of control over my life.

sabrinalecompte
03-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi Shell,

Welcome back! :)

I totally know what you mean about letting depression and stress take over. I am one of those who does pretty well for a while, as long as I can stay organized and keep focused, but then I get easily overwhelmed and will stumble, and then once I've fallen off track, I tend to stay off track.

It's what has had me bouncing back and forth with my weight loss for years.

This time I'm determined not to let every stumble derail me completely, and I definitely believe that being here and staying active with 3FC has kept me on track, even when I've struggled with bad days. Having this place, these people to keep me accountable has given me the extra push to get back up and keep going. I know it can do the same for you!

Best of luck as you jump back on the bandwagon!