Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #1  

Default Newbie here with a few questions Please

Hi All,
Ok here goes I started my Life Style change Sept. 2010, I was 182lbs and to date I'm at 210lbs with my goal being 150lbs. It's been a long learning process but now believe I have the tools to keep a healthy life style, I'm having problems now with "saggy skin"(for lack of a better term) on my belly and upper inside thighs and under my arms I exercise and ride a stationary bike daily is there anything else that you know to hopefully get my skin back to normal ???.
Also wanted to tell I think I'm really going to like this forum there's alot of info. and nice people hope to become a regular and lots from all of you.
Thanks,
Tracie
zanardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Hey,
You realize your starting weight is 182, but you're currently 210? Did you mean 282? What type of exercise are you doing? Any strength training?

Last edited by fattymcfatty; 03-14-2011 at 04:58 PM.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

sorry to say it but there is really nothing you can do about it. i'm having the same problem and all i've heard is lotion regularly, strength train as much as you can, keep losing, and wait it out. if your young its suppose to pop back in about 1-2 years after you reach goal. if it doesn't snap back in that time all you can do is accept it or have surgery done. sorry i don't have better news for ya.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/239/130

Height: 5'0"

Hi Tracie,

Unfortunately, it's hard to get skin to snap back to how it used to be. From what I can tell, you have to do strength training from day 1 of weight loss and do it as consistently as possible to avoid sagging skin. Sagging skin most often occurs with quick weight loss or in people who have to lose a large amount of weight (such as myself). I am not sure what can be done once you already have sagging skin. Try some strength training 3x a week and maybe you could reduce it this way. However, I don't think it will completely go away, unless it is surgically removed.

But maybe someone else who has gone through this will know more and will reply to the thread.
laueliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #5  

Ohh Geez first "post" and can't even get it right LOL
Your right 282lbs, boy don't I wish I started at the weight I miss posted.
I'll be brutally honest I probadly haven't exercised in ohhh bout 30 years and I'm 52 now, what I've been doing is walking, biking, sit ups, crunches and thats about it as you can guess I repeat alot of exercises that's why I thought maybe there was an exercise that would help with this.

Sept. of last year was when I found I had a couple medical problems my thyroid produced zero so I'm on thyriod horomne replacement therapy and blood pressure problems so all is being taken care of with medication but I finally have it thru my head that I need exercise and eating better all the time. Thanks about the lotion idea maybe I'll look into that, surgery well I don't think so scares the heck outta me.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #6  

OOps forgot to add could someone direct me or tell me where to find out what exactly "strength training" is, I really hope that isn't a dumb question to ask, sounds like alot people do strength training
Old 03-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Lift weights. That is strength training.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Great job on your loss so far! Most definitely lift weights in order to work on your toning.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #9  

I have read that thermage (+/- $1,000) may be able to help saggy skin. There is a home use device called NuFace (FDA approved) which claims to be a home version of thermage. I have just purchased one to lift my saggy jowls but I don't know how well it will work. Included DVD shows use for saggy underarm skin, thighs, etc.
JakeMomOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeMomOB View Post
I have read that thermage (+/- $1,000) may be able to help saggy skin. There is a home use device called NuFace (FDA approved) which claims to be a home version of thermage. I have just purchased one to lift my saggy jowls but I don't know how well it will work. Included DVD shows use for saggy underarm skin, thighs, etc.
Please let us know how/if it works.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote