Old 03-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/239/130

Height: 5'0"

Default Introducing myself

Hi everyone--

Thought I should introduce myself since I want to go back to the Mediterranean diet I had tried previously. I've never posted here before, but I have been active in other sub-forums on 3 Fat Chicks.

I'm kind of washing out of Atkins right now, so I'm looking for something that gives me some control without allowing lots of sugar or refined bread/pasta. I think a Mediterranean diet will be healthier and more sustainable over time. The studies backing it up doesn't hurt, either!

I have the book "The Mediterranean Prescription," so that's the version I'm following. I imagine it will be pretty similar to the other Mediterranean diet books out there.

I was also curious -- is this a relatively active sub-forum or have most people left? I noticed there aren't many recent posts since February.

Thanks, happy to meet you all
laueliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #2  

Hi Laueliz, and welcome! I find the Med diet to be excellent and pretty easy to follow for the long haul.

This is not a very active group, unfortunately! A few different people come and go. If they all came at the same time, we would have an active group!

I have not heard of the book you mentioned, but I will check it out!
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

I also enjoyed the Sonoma Diet last fall. Best wishes!
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

Hello out there?
Anybody left?
ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #5  

Default Hi

Hello!

I'm just starting the plan. I used it last summer with great success, but I gained the weight back during the school year (I'm a teacher).

I'd love it if this forum had a lot of activity!

Good luck to all of us.
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/195/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm also new here and also following the Med. diet. I typically eat like this anyway (at least, a vegetarian version of mediterranean eating) -- my problem is the snacking in between meals and not exercising enough. Thanks for the book mention, I will look at that.
gardenermom is offline   Reply With Quote