Old 03-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/192/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Diet Direct & Menu questions

I am reading through much of the posts and really needing some things cleared up.

I am on the green menu of MRC.

Bariwise are the meal bars you get at MRC?
Proti-drink is the drink suppliments you can get at MRC?
Wonderslim crispy bar is MRC meal replacement cereal bars?
What are comparable to the suppliments?
Vanilla supplimnet? (CHNS)
Soups or broth suppliments? (HNS)
Are the Consentrates liquid form? what is the different between concentrate and powder HNS?

Where else can you get these or what are good substitutes to MRC brands?
Liquid minerals?
MRC-6?
Corti-trim?
Fat & Carb blocker?

What is the difference in the color menus, I am on the green menu, what is the difference in the yellow and blue menu?

Is the metabalance menu when I reach my goal weight at the center?

I didn't see anything on excersize in my packet, someone mentioned "Excersize anywhere" flyer?

Sorry I am new to the board (not sure how to message people) and to MRC and have been reading posts that seem to be really confusing me. I'd like to save some money since I have two in college and lost my job three weeks ago. Any help would be appreciated...
nvrfatagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

I have only ordered from dietdirect once...and the Bariwise powdered drinks are like MRC http://www.dietdirect.com/bari-wise-...it-drinks.html

these are like the cappicino creamies http://www.dietdirect.com/bari-wise-...ppuccinos.html and the hot choc http://www.dietdirect.com/bari-wise-...chocolate.html

The vanilla creamy is a pudding...and online I only see chocolate puddings. Not sure about the vanilla.

Under soups, there are Bariwise soups, like the broth soups. (warning the broccoli is GROSS) http://www.dietdirect.com/bari-wise-...ein-soups.html

and these are like the concentrate HNS http://www.dietdirect.com/proamino-p...centrates.html Concentrates are just liquid HNS, while the others are powders. I think they have different types of sweetners in them. I find the concentrates easier to use on the go...and powders at home when I can use a blender or fork in a glass.
I don't see the same bars online, but the bariwise ones are comparable in nutrients.

MRC6 is mostly vitamin b6. My husband remembers selling a fat and carb blocker at GNC when he worked there, don't know how similar they might be to MRCs.

The colored menus are for different weights. The green is for people under (or very close to) 200 pounds. Not sure about the other ones. I started at 209 on the green. The amount of protein and other foods differs between menus.

Metabalance is for people who work out more or need more food for medical reasons. It has more food (a dairy and more small meals, I believe). I've never been on it, as my center said I'd have to work out more than 4 hours a week to need it.

You can work out on MRC, just not in excess. My center recommends 2-3 hours week of moderate exercise, or that you at least amp up your activity by parking farther away and taking the stairs and such (which is what the excercize anywhere flyer is about).

Hope that helps!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #3  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrfatagn View Post
I am reading through much of the posts and really needing some things cleared up.

I am on the green menu of MRC.

Bariwise are the meal bars you get at MRC?
Proti-drink is the drink suppliments you can get at MRC?
Wonderslim crispy bar is MRC meal replacement cereal bars?
What are comparable to the suppliments?
Vanilla supplimnet? (CHNS)
Soups or broth suppliments? (HNS)
Are the Consentrates liquid form? what is the different between concentrate and powder HNS?

Where else can you get these or what are good substitutes to MRC brands?
Liquid minerals?
MRC-6?
Corti-trim?
Fat & Carb blocker?

What is the difference in the color menus, I am on the green menu, what is the difference in the yellow and blue menu?

Is the metabalance menu when I reach my goal weight at the center?

I didn't see anything on excersize in my packet, someone mentioned "Excersize anywhere" flyer?

Sorry I am new to the board (not sure how to message people) and to MRC and have been reading posts that seem to be really confusing me. I'd like to save some money since I have two in college and lost my job three weeks ago. Any help would be appreciated...
Ok, I'll try to answer as many of these as possible.

Bariwise meal bars are correct.
Protidiet are the drink supplements you want. The difference between concentrate and powder = that the concentrate is in liquid form, in a pouch and, if you ask me, is much easier to mix with water. The powders tend to clump for me, and I don't like chewing my drinks.

For soups, I get the protidiet soups.
Puddings and shake supplements--I'm not sure yet. But I know the Bariwise shake mix is yucky. I didn't like it at all.

Not sure where to get the pill supplements that are comprable. I haven't really looked.

The different color menus have to do with several factors: how much your current weight is, how aggressively you'd like to lose the weight, and whether or not you have been stalled at a certain weight for a while. I'm not totally familiar with the yellow, blue, green menus--I have been over 200 lbs through my program, so I've only been on the white and beige menus. Although I'll be switching to a different color in about 10 lbs!

Metabalance was developed initially for diabetics, as they have to get a certain number of carbs in (more than what the other MRC plans allow) and have to eat more frequently. HOwever, it has also been successful for those who exercise heavily and frequently.

Stabilization and maintenance have their own menus (for when you reach and are ready to maintain goal weight).

I'll look around for my exercise handout. If I find it, I can scan it in and post it on the forum for you.

Hope this helps!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote