Old 03-14-2011, 02:55 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Chat MARCH 14TH-20TH

We're back and feeling much better. We had a lovely week in Norfolk, walking, talking and seeing old friends with a bit of sailing slotted in as well. We boith feel 10 years younger.

I'm afraid I am going to have to start my ticker all over again. I'm not weighing for a week. All I'll say is that my waist-bands sure are tight.

Looking forward to hearing all the news. Off to start the washing now
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

OK, I've decided to take the plunge and get a facebook account. I have to keep it very private, so students won't be interested in it, but at least I can talk to my chicks. Can y'all send me a pm here so I can send you a friend request? I guess that's how you do it. Since I am a facebook newbie, I don't know all the specifics, yet.

I was so excited to hear from Nancy! I'm praying that Robin does well when they try to remove his breathing tube today. Can't wait to hear how he does.

Jojo, I'm so glad to hear from you, too. Sounds like your holiday was invigorating and fun. Welcome back!

I've got a busy day, so I'll bbl.

Last edited by sloanie; 03-14-2011 at 09:43 AM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Slept in until 9AM,I guess my body is not used to the time change. Had lots to do,this morning and now I can relax in the afternoon. Than tomorrow I go back to physical therapy.So far so good my hand is not tingling like it used to,so that good news.

Nothing new, thanks for the new pages JOJOWelcome back hope you had a good time vacationing.Hope your feeling better,now that your 10 years younger You'll be back in control once your home,and start losing again.

SLOAN-I HATE to burst your bubble,but I wouldn't go on Facebook again. Knew so many people that got the identity stolen on that web site.Asked my DD to help me get off of it. I even got emails from people I didn't know so I get another e-mail account. Please be careful when using it.

Have a nice day,have to get my next wash in,see you in the morning
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #4  

Hello ladies.

jojo, welcome home. So happy you had a nice trip. Those darn waist bands, lol.

sloanie, sending you a pm when I'm done here.

Maryann, I have my email blocked on facebook. glad the tingling is subsiding.

I'm kinda tired too. Had to get up at 5:30 (still 4:30 a.m to me). I took my sis to get a colonoscopy. Everything was fine.

Nancy, thanks for checking in. I am praying that all goes well when they remove the ventilator.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Hi there and welcome home, JoJo. It's good to have you back. Sounds like you had a good vacation. Don't worry about your waistband. You'll get it loose again soon.

Sloan and Nancy, I'm on Facebook and am loving it. I am careful about what I post, though. I'm back in touch with folks from Montana, my school past, and also with former students. I love it!

One of the main things I love about it is I get to chat with my granddaughters who are in KY. They have a webcam, so I can even see them.

Maryann, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with FB. Like about everything else, it's not for everyone. I'm glad you're not having the tingling problems as much. That's good news.

Pam, would you PM me your whole name? I'd like to join with you on FB. My bod's still on old time, too. However, I am ready for dinner. What's up with that? Does the clock itself tell me when I'm hungry?

Last edited by ontarget; 03-14-2011 at 05:37 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Glad you had a good time jojo

Hope everyone is well xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #7  

Some are still posting on last weeks thread. Maybe someone can move their posts over here?

Nancy, great news that Robin if off the ventilator. Praying he remains off it.

Vicki, congrats on 2 lb loss. Give yourself credit where credit is due. You lost those pounds!!! You have inspired me to get off my behind.

Drinking my coffee. Will probably dust and vacuum today. Yippee!!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #8  
focused and aiming

Good morning. I'm already home from the store and am waiting to go meet a gf for lunch/movie. I may need a nap before I leave.

Nancy, that's great news about Robin. Now you two get some rest.

Rhonda, what did you find out at the doctor's?

Vickie, on your 2 lb loss. That's awesome!

Ems, we're well. Curtis is gone fishing with a friend and I'm having a girls' day out. What are you doing today? Are you having spring weather?

at the rest of you. Have a good day.

Last edited by ontarget; 03-15-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

that sounds nice sandra hope you had a nice day i have been in uni today and this afternoon im just relaxing and then im going to get on with some work as i have to finish a presentation off for uni it is about autism and asperger's i have to presentit on thursday. The weather is getting nice here thank god we have day light saving soon over here so we will loose an hour lol

Hope everyone is well xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I wonder why I didn't even notice that yesterday was Monday!! Oh well.

The doctor said that I have a "calcification" and has sent me to an orthopedist whom I will see next Wednesday. He told me that I could do what I want as long as it doesn't hurt more, and to ice it after exercise.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

The sun is out but the temp are down,so I'm going to walk down to the mailbox instead of going down to the beach. I have a PT session this morning than go down to walmart's craft dept to see if I can find a circle that fits on a charm to add to my chain.

Cooking Chicken/Shrimp Jambalaya that I found in the SB quick & easy cookbook. Cooked my rice in the microwave already,and when I get back from PT I will start cooking the dinner.

What a workout on the traction machine,it pull my neck out than slowly back to position. I told the therapist that my hand was hurting while on the machine,but it subsided and the pain is going away. Hope this treatment will straighten out my neck,and I be out of PT soon.

PAM-Thanks,Ok if you feel safe on that web site,that's great,I won't go there again.

SANDRA-Thanks,Glad they you can contract family and old friend. I thought it was cool seeing and hearing from all my DH's nieces and nephews and old friends but some how some stranger got a hold of my account and messed things up. Never went back.

Have a great afternoon
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. I feel like I've been having fits and starts with getting back to plan. I did well for about a month then haven't tracked anything in over 2 weeks. But I've recommitted today. I updated WW online with my weight and I hit the gym today. I've been keeping that up. I'm still around the same weight, so I guess thats good. But I really want to get the scale moving down. I've been snacking terribly at night again -- cookies, brownies, ice cream. Nothing really healthy, but I have been eating close to core during the day.

So, today I shopped for healthy stuff. No snacks. I did make a bean dip and cut up a bunch of veggies. I also have light flat out bread that I'll attempt to make into pita type chips tonight. I also made a big pot of veggie/lentil/barley soup. Tonights dinner is chicken breasts with whole wheat breading baked, whole wheat pasta and core sauce. I have a big salad already done and pea pods. One of my favorites as well asDD and DH.

Nancy, I hope that Robin is improving. I've been keeping up with the boards and have him in my prayers.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Now that I've recommitted you should see me more. Some how when I am not really following a plan, I feel odd posting. But I'm back....for now
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 10"

OK, I guess I've made it offical. My ticker is now up to date.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #14  

Paula, you gave me inspiration. I just did a killer 2m workout.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

I just did a killer workout at Pizza Hut Buffet. And that's all I have to say about that. I am now recommitting.

Rhonda, I am glad you will get to keep on exercising. I know how important exercising is to you. Are you taking any meds for your aches?

Paula, congrats to you for maintaining during your little hiatus. That is amazing! You sound determined. I am happy for you.

Maryann, how did your dinner turnout? It sounds good.