Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 10 (03/14-03/20)

Bigmid
03-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Hi everyone and welcome to week 10 I hope it is a great one for all of us.

I'll talk more tomorrow have a great night for anyone still up and reading this.

Congratulations to our biggest losers for week 9.....great job to everyone we had a lot of losses this week.

Biggest Loser:
Transporter, -6, -3.16%

Honorable Mentions:
Dream710, -4lbs, -2.32%
mumtoliam, -5lbs, -1.85%
sandlll, -2.5lbs, -1.45%

Team Loss of -20.7lbs, -.48%

Transporter
03-14-2011, 02:50 AM
yay first person in :carrot: congratulations on the losses everybody!

mumtoliam
03-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Well done Transporter!!!

I have a big week this week, its my son's birthday tomorrow and we have celebrations three times this week. Tonight I had my best friends over and their kids, and we shared an ice cream cake.

Tomorrow we are having Liam's birthday dinner with his dad and new wife. I know the restaurant we are going to and have planned a healthy meal choice. And on Saturday I planned to take my son and a couple of friends to the movies and afterwards to the local pizzeria. That is the one that I am worried about. I will be researching healthy choice so I can enjoy it too.

I have planned for these events so I hope that I will be okay still next weigh in.

MamaP
03-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Welcome to Monday.... I was up all night with the stomach flu - the only positive of that is I'm down 4 lbs this morning. Unfortunately, once I start eating again I'm sure it will bounce back some. Hope everyone has a great day. I have a few things I need to try to get done so I can go home and go back to bed.

Bobbolink
03-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Good Morning Blue Team, ah.......week 10 and such good percentages. Since I have so much time on my hands I figured out everyones' total weight loss percentages from week 1 until yesterdays week 9.
Transporter, awesome job on week 9. You have a 9.36% body loss so far. By next week I'm sure you'll be at 10%.
Dream, down another 4 pounds! Feel good huh? 4.26% total loss for you.
Mumtoliam...I looked twice to see if I read 5 pounds, WOW! Your total is 4.77% so far.
Sandlll...2.5 pounds is great but look at your overall achievement, 9.25%...well on your way to 10% too.
Biggest Loser:
Transporter, -6, -3.16%

Honorable Mentions:
Dream710, -4lbs, -2.32%
mumtoliam, -5lbs, -1.85%
sandlll, -2.5lbs, -1.45%

I'll be back later today to post some of the outstanding total percentages, some of you have the most amazing stats, Narnia for one.
Congratulations everyone for hanging in there and trying to better your health not only for yourselves, but your family.
Later Gator

dream710
03-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Congrats Transporter on being the biggest loser :carrot: Congrats to the rest of the team as well!!

Bobbi-Yes it does feel good. I made and packaged my meals for the week yesterday, so hoping for another great week. Hopefully one day I'll be as close to my goal as you are.

Mamap- hope you're feeling better. Hows the Y going?

mum-sounds like you got things pretty well planned out for the upcoming celebrations, I'm sure you do great. Happy Birthday to Liam!

abetterme
03-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Morning Blue Team. Congrats to our Biggest Loser and everyone else.
Well we are about to take our trip to AZ for my husbands army training graduation. We will be gone about 6 days. I will try my hardest to eat well on this trip. I will try to get some exercise in somehow.
Good luck this week, everyone.

KimberlyP
03-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Congrats to everyone!!!

PageLynn
03-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Congrats Everyone!!!!!

Transporter
03-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Well done Transporter!!!
I have planned for these events so I hope that I will be okay still next weigh in.
You will have no surprises im sure you will do just fine :)

Good Morning Blue Team, ah.......week 10 and such good percentages. Since I have so much time on my hands I figured out everyones' total weight loss percentages from week 1 until yesterdays week 9.
Transporter, awesome job on week 9. You have a 9.36% body loss so far. By next week I'm sure you'll be at 10%.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Aiming for 10% and more!! lets beat the red team ;)

Congrats Transporter on being the biggest loser :carrot: Congrats to the rest of the team as well!!

Bobbi-Yes it does feel good. I made and packaged my meals for the week yesterday, so hoping for another great week. Hopefully one day I'll be as close to my goal as you are.

ty :carrot: planning ahead is key. never get caught hungry.

sandlll
03-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks Bobbi for calculating the percentage body weight lost! I can't wait to make my 10% and keep going from there! Well, early on in this challenge I think I mentioned I was diagnosed with acid reflux. I am 5' 5" and was 187, so officially in the obese category. I never lost the baby weight and my youngest is already 7!! So, it was like a fork in the road for me and I decided that instead of popping a pill everyday I wanted to try to get healthier with diet. I am an RD, so I know what to do, but needed the motivation to do it! My success is due to eating many more green salads, green smoothies and much more vegetables than before. I have also given up cheese which was huge for me! Chocolate is off the list and alcohol too... Sounds like no fun, but it hasn't been as bad as I feared. I found out that I actually like roasted brussel sprouts, swiss chard in salads and green smoothies look strange, but really taste good! My favorite breakfast is steel cut oats with a 1 tsp brown sugar or 2 slices cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread toasted with honey. My treat has been Kettle Corn or other flavored popcorn, which isn't great for you, but at least it is a whole grain... I also have cut way down on animal protein (I read The China Study and Eat to Live), still have fish (love scallops and salmon), but I have tried tofu and am finding ways to cook it that are tasty. I am also trying to cut way back on using olive oil, even though it is a healthy fat, it is still a fat and too much is not good... Hope everyone has a great week!

Transporter
03-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks Bobbi for calculating the percentage body weight lost! I can't wait to make my 10% and keep going from there!
i agree! thank you so much Bobbi. While running erands today i was thinking wow i lost nearly 10% of my body fat since the beginning of the semester... i didn't really put it into perspective like that until now. Which got me even MORE pumped :carrot::hug:

I have also given up cheese which was huge for me!

same! i used to eat cheese EVERYDAY. I used to crave it like crazy. Then i gave up cheese all together, while i still like cheese, i do not crave it and would rather have a nice piece of chicken.

MamaP
03-15-2011, 11:45 AM
I think my head is finally back in the game! :carrot:

Today's food plan:

Breakfast:
Hard boiled egg & a grapefruit
AM Snack:
Hard boiled egg & string cheese
Lunch:
Baked chicken & green beans & cottage cheese
PM Snack:
Apple & Non-fat yogurt
Dinner:
Mixed greens salad with 4 oz of salad shrimp

ETA:
Total calories: 1113
Water: 120+ ounces
Zumba: 45 minutes

Narnia99
03-15-2011, 01:57 PM
:wave: everyone
Well the pain around my navel is gone, so I feel so much better now. I am still taking it easy as I don't want to aggravate the separation again, but it's sure a relief to know that it wasn't a hernia.

Congratulations Transporter on being our BL for the week :cp:
Way to go Dream, Vanessa, and Sandll :cheer2:

Vanessa, I hope your son has a wonderful birthday! That's awesome that you did some research so that you could make healthy food choices during the celebrations.

Kris - Glad you are feeling better. Your menu looks good!

Kelsey - Hope you have a great trip!

Sandll - I also need to give-up or at least cut way back on the amount of cheese that I eat. Cheddar cheese is my downfall :o

same! i used to eat cheese EVERYDAY. I used to crave it like crazy. Then i gave up cheese all together, while i still like cheese, i do not crave it

Transporter - I look forward to the day I don't crave cheese.

Bobbi - Thanks for posting everyone's weight loss percentage. It's very motivating to see how far we have all come. Way to go everyone :cp:
What do you do to keep your work-outs fresh? What do you eat for breakfast that keeps you full until lunch time? Do you eat after supper, if so what?
Great questions!
As far as workouts go, I have found some really good dvds that I rotate so that I never get bored. For breakfast I alternate between having 1 egg with 1/4 cup egg whites, with lots of veggies, with two slices of turkey bacon, and then the next day I'll have oatmeal with 2 vegetarian breakfast links. I try not to eat after supper, so I usually just have water and a cup of tea. If I am really hungry though I eat chickpeas.
I look forward to reading everyone elses answers.

Have a wonderful day!

Transporter
03-15-2011, 02:24 PM
I think my head is finally back in the game! :carrot:

Today's food plan:
Good plan!

:wave: Congratulations Transporter on being our BL for the week :cp:
Way to go Dream, Vanessa, and Sandll :cheer2:

Transporter - I look forward to the day I don't crave cheese.

As far as workouts go, I have found some really good dvds that I rotate so that I never get bored. Have a wonderful day!

thanks :hug: You really need to cut it out of your life for sometime. I read that the bacteria in cheese actually makes you constantly crave it.
what kind of dvds? p90x?

PageLynn
03-15-2011, 03:31 PM
I tried cutting cheese out of my diet but (TMI) it made me constipated. I do not like full fat cheese anymore though. I like fat free versions best. I would like to cut sugar and processed foods, but due to living situation right now way too hard to do at the present time. Someday...

Bobbolink
03-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Hi Blue Team......I spent the day in the kitchen cooking. I have lots of frozen apples in the freezer and always looking for ways to use them up. Today I made a crustless apple pie for DH. It called for egg whites and lower calorie bisquick mix. I put it all in Fitday, thinking I could have a slice. WRONG! 223 calories, I'm not wasting my calories on that!
Narnia...you're welcome, I thought it would spur everyone on seeing how much they've shed so far. Even those that don't have big numbers can be proud of what they've accomplished. (I'm not Dora by the way:dizzy:)
Thanks for posting everyone's weight loss percentage. It's very motivating to see how far we have all come. Way to go everyone :cp:

3 Cheers for MamaP for getting back on plan, we'll all cheer you on.
Page...Have you tried Stevia instead of sugar? I have both granulated and the liquid. I use liquid the most, especially in iced tea. By the way, I have a good recipe for decaf green iced tea. I'll post it at the bottom. Green tea is soooooo good for you too.
Transporter...I don't eat cheese much, I have some fat free slices in the frig but they are pretty tasteless unless you melt them. Sometimes I'll bake a Flat Out until crisp, top with turkey pepperoni, pizza sauce and fat free mozzarella....then zap in microwave until melted. These are really good and very filling for lunch.
Save traveling Kelsey.
Mumtolian...hope you're staying on plan for son's birthday party. Have fun!
Dream...I was actually at goal until I had my doc's nurse measure me, found out I wasn't 5'4" anymore. I'd shrunk and according to the charts, I was still a tad overweight. That's when I joined the Biggest Loser challenge to motivate me to take it off. It's really coming off hard, one plateau after another.:?:
Sandlll...Funny you should mention brussel sprouts, I never much cared for them until I ran across a great recipe. It's fresh carrots, onions, spuds and brussel sprouts, drizzle a teaspoon or so olive oil on them, salt and pepper and just roast them. They take on a sweetness, yum-o.
I found out that I actually like roasted brussel sprouts
I'll have to come back and post the recipe for Southern Iced Tea.

drinkypants
03-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Hey everyone, my internet has been acting up, so I wasn't able to weigh in.. thank goodness for the freebies :)

Congrats to Transporter, Dream710, mumtoliam, and sandlll :cheer3::cheer3:

Have a great week team! :cheer3:

Bobbolink
03-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Shoot, I can't find the recipe. I've made it so often, I'll just tell you the trick. The recipes says to add a dash of baking soda in with the tea bags, then pour the boiling water over it.
I use 6 bags of decaf green tea bags
1 bag of herb ginger tea,
fresh grated ginger
dash of baking soda.
Put all in pitcher, add 2 cups of boiling water and let sit for an hour with cover on. I then add cold water to make 2 quarts, leave the tea bags in overnight in the frig. The next day I take the tea bags out, sweeten with stevia. The baking soda is an old Southern tea tip.

PageLynn
03-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Bobbi: Sounds interesting. I do personally don't use extra sugar or sugar substitutes. I drink unsweet tea even. But there is sugar in foods I eat from time to time. Thanks for the suggestion though.

So today has been one bad thing after another. My kids had a rough night and after 5 days of following a great sleeping schedule, they were up and down ALL night and morning. Then I didn't exercise as much as I want and even waited til afternoon to do it. Then my ex decides to go nuts and harass me and I fell back into eating my feelings :( Oh well I'll pick myself back up now and try to get back on track as best as possible. SO ready for this Saturday!

Bigmid
03-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Hi just a quick check in to say hi hope your all doing well. Looks like some long posts so all must be going okay

mumtoliam
03-16-2011, 07:13 AM
Hi all... I missed training last night as we were celebrating my son's birthday and don't I notice it today. I have been tired and lacking motivation to move today. My body is so use to having my blood pumping through it LOL. Well tomorrow I have planned to go on a walk and will have an hour PT session as long as the sun stays out, otherwise I will have to try and motivate myself to do indoor stuff. I much prefer the outdoors!

Catch you all soon!

MamaP
03-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Today's plan:

Breakfast:
2 hard boiled eggs & a grapefruit
Snack:
Greek Yogurt & a Apple
Lunch:
Homemade Vegetable Chicken Soup (Diced Baked Chicken Breast, Cabbage, Celery, a few Carrots, onion, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, V8) & a string cheese
Snack:
Avocado & String Cheese
Dinner:
Roast Beef and Cream cheese roll-ups & celery

That's about 1200 calories. I went to the gym this morning and did 1.2 miles on the treadmill. I would like to do more than that, but getting my butt out of bed early enough to spend more than about 30 minutes at the gym is difficult for me. I'm going back tonight for Zumba.

Yesterday's stats:
Total calories: 1113
Zumba: 45 minutes

ETA:
Zumba 45 minutes
1.2 miles treadmill a.m.
1 mile on lunch break

Bigmid
03-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Morning everyone I'm very tired today. I'd be lucky if I got 2hrs sleep last night. Not sure why I just couldn't sleep. I have to work late tonight and now my eyes want to close on me:) go figure.
Not sure if I will exercise today or take this as my rest day.
Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you later.

Transporter
03-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Morning everyone I'm very tired today. I'd be lucky if I got 2hrs sleep last night. Not sure why I just couldn't sleep. I have to work late tonight and now my eyes want to close on me:) go figure.
Not sure if I will exercise today or take this as my rest day.
Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you later.

definitely get some sleep in before your next shift! Lack of sleep can increase your appetite. Also you dont want to go to work tired. :)

Narnia99
03-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Bobbi, :sorry: I used the wrong name, silly me!

I read that the bacteria in cheese actually makes you constantly crave it.
what kind of dvds? p90x?

Transporter, that's really interesting, I didn't know that.
I do have P90X and I really enjoyed the workouts, and will have to get back to them again. Right now I mostly use Cathe Friedrich's, (www.cathe.com) dvds. She has a lot of different types of workouts and most of her newer ones come with premixes which are great when I am short on time. Do you use workout dvds? If so, what are your favourites?

PageLynn, sorry you had a rough day yesterday :hug: I hope today is better for you!

I missed training last night as we were celebrating my son's birthday and don't I notice it today. I have been tired and lacking motivation to move today. My body is so use to having my blood pumping through it LOL

Vanessa, I feel the same way when I miss a workout. Right now I am getting really antsy to get going again, but I know I need to give it a little more time before I jump back into the workouts.

Kris, way to go with the 1.2 miles on the treadmill today, and the Zumba class yesterday, awesome! :cheer3:

Jacky, I hope you get a better sleep tonight.

Have a wonderful day everyone :wave:

Doragone
03-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Hi there Bluesers! This IS Dora, by the way:dizzy: ;)

So sorry I haven't been able to be on here. For the past 3 days, we have been without power:eek: and to top it off, we are on well water, so we were also without water.:stress: 3 nights of listening to the radio are thankfully far behind me. I'm bummed too because i had just started be truly faithful to my exercise, which is WATP on DVD (plus it was totally dark down in the basement where I workout) But . . . I am back on track now and will work out tonight after dinner (my usual time). Eating was a little off too - absolutely nothing to do at night, and in the day - reading and . . . um eating. So - I may not lose, but I'm pretty sure I'll be the same.

So proud of our biggest losers who continue to inspire and virtually show just how this weight loss journey can be done!!!

Dora

river
03-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Congrats to Transporter and Dream710, mumtoliam, sandlll!!:carrot:

I'm back from Memphis and Nashville, went with DH and we had a great time. Loved Graceland and Sun Records! It was a pleasure trip, all the trips I've taken in 2011 have been. Which makes resisting the food and champagne difficult. I tend to indulge selectively and get right back on track when I get home. As far as maintaining my weight being gone 1 week out of every 4 the past few months, I am training for a half marathon and train as hard while traveling as at home. :D Traveling does slow my losses; I do lose while I'm at home living my routine life.

I'm looking forward to getting back to cooking my own food and training on familiar ground for a while. :) I hope everyone has a great week! Don't forget to make time for exercise. :cheer3:

PageLynn
03-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Transporter: While lack of sleep = increase in appetite explains my increase in appetite the past couple of days and bad food day yesterday.
Narnia: It hasn't got much better. Ex will kill someday I am sure (not actual death but figuratively speaking). He is nuts. I want to do P90X sooo bad! Someday hopefully!

So today I had to eat out all three meals :( and amazingly I stayed within calorie intake (over in points but that's what the weeklies are for). My son had a consult about his teeth and now has to have surgery next month to get caps and a filling (they have to sedate him since he won't sit still lol). I talked with my advisor and I only have 20 credit hours left so I am not changing majors. I could possibly graduate by December! But most likely May. I am exhausted from today's travelling. Hope everyone had a great day!
Oh and I got a new workout video! Biggest Loser Cardio Max Weight Loss! Only $7.99 at Walgreens!

MamaP
03-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Today's Plan:

Breakfast:
2 hard boiled eggs & a grapefruit
Snack:
Greek Yogurt
Lunch:
Homemade Vegetable Chicken Soup & a Turkey and Swiss Cheese Roll up
Snack:
Herbalife Homemade protein bar (the Herbalife store sells these - so good)
Dinner:
Protein Shake Strawberry "Ice Cream" (Protein powder, frozen strawberries & 4 oz almond milk)

Approximately 1200 calories

Today's stats:
Water: 100+ ounces
Exercise: Short walk on my lunch break

Yesterday's stats:
Zumba 45 minutes
1.2 miles treadmill a.m.
1 mile on lunch break

I won't make it to the gym today - had to come into work early today and have an appointment after work. I'm hoping to get in a walk on my lunch break today. I'm coming down with the flu or a cold so I'm feeling like crud. Both of the grandbabies are sick - croupy coughs, runny noses, fever, etc. I think they have shared their germs with me.

Hope everyone has a great day. Dora, glad to hear you have your power back.

Cape Breton Chick
03-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Hey there everyone... I am slowly getting back on track after being sick.. slowly getting back to proper eating habits.. I have been popping in as much as I can but haven't had time nor energy to participate.. this flu really takes it out of you! :dizzy:

Page.. I got the same dvd.. I have not tried it yet but am hoping to try it before the weekend comes and goes..lol Let me know what you think of it when you try it!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe and healthy.. Dora, I am so happy to hear your power and everything has been restored.. Be safe.. My heart breaks for all those in Japan and I worry about what this could mean for the rest of the world, with the nuclear reactors in the condition they are..

:grouphug:

MamaP
03-17-2011, 02:04 PM
:yikes: There are fresh Krispy Kreme Donuts in the breakroom. :devil: A week ago I would have been all over that . . . today, not so much! I'm having my planned snack - delicious Greek Yogurt.

:dust:

PageLynn
03-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Cape Breton Chick: OMG! Bob doesn't mess around! He tells u NO breaks! At least Jillian says no longer than 5 seconds; Bob says Don't Stop! But Yeah I feel a little sore but definitely worth it! I only made it 35 minutes today. I was sure I could do the two add on 10 min workouts! HA! Between 30 day shred level 2 and 35 minutes of Bob, I was done! I haven't dripped sweat that bad for a while! Good Luck with it lol!

MamaP: Good Job with the willpower! Krispy Kremes sound good but so not worth it. I don't like Greek yogurt though. Just can't get into the taste.

spryng
03-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Just checking in with my team, hope the week is going good! I've struggled this week, first week in 4 months.. sigh.. guess that's part of the process though.

Doragone
03-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Power to the People!!!! (So happy to have power again):cloud9:

:hug: Thanks MamaP and CBChick for your kind thoughts on the situation. I have never been without water and power for that long and it really makes you aware of what you have (or how unprepared you are).:dizzy:

I too, feel such sympathy for the people in Japan. Though my little crisis was big to me, it also pales in comparison to those poor people who are not only without water or power, but also food, while in freezing conditions complicated by the fear that nuclear fallout will slowly kill them. May God be with the people of Japan.

Back on track, having beef broccoli :moo::broc: stir fry with brown rice tonight, with all calories already counted as 1378. I've been swilling water and will certainly exercise tonight as I did last night. Still stuck on the scale, but it's all good, I'm much more patient than I've been in other challenges.:cp:

Thanks too to Bobbi for sharing the Maxine quotes and your informative posts. :write: And MamaP sorry you are feeling poorly but your resolve is strong -:lifter: very inspirational!!! All you bluesers are Awesome!!!!!:thanks:

ttyl

Dora

Bigmid
03-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Hi I was out tonight delivering some tax appointment notices to the seniors for my mom so just got back a little while ago. I'm off for the next 4 days......WOOHOO and was going to do my running:).....now they are calling for SNOW for the next week:( stupid snow.
I was going to workout tonight and when I got off work I went to my car to grab a bag I had in there to take back to the store so I bent over to pick it up and when I stood up....pinched a nerve in my back. How is that even possible? I know how but really picking up a bag.
Oh well I shall work through it I just hope it doesn't freeze tomorrow so I can go outside for a run.
Eating has been pretty spot on until tonight...even that wasn't to bad.
I'll come back tomorrow for personals as I'm on the phone tonight not the computer.
Have a great night everyone.

MamaP
03-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Happy Friday! Woo hoo!!!! I am so ready for the weekend. Feels good to be on Day 6 of having my head back in the game. Even though this crud I have is really trying to settle into my lungs, I made it to the gym this morning. 50 minutes/2.5 miles on the treadmill. And I ran on the treadmill for the first time ever (2 minutes at 4.5 mph). I have been feeling like I want to try running but am still not sure about running in front of people (like in my neighborhood) and my asthma prevents me from running in cold weather anyway. I've always been afraid of running on the treadmill because I'm afraid I will fall. I had a brain tumor (an acoustic neuroma) in 1999 and to remove it they have to cut your balance nerve, so I only have one balance nerve. That obviously causes me some balance problems....but I did it. It was kind of surreal when I realized I had reached a running speed. I bet I was grinning from ear to ear. Silly how something so little can make you feel so good. I also enjoyed another 30 minutes of Joyce Meyer's show while on the treadmill - I love those little televisions attached to the treadmills at the Y. :)

Transporter
03-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Just checking in with my team, hope the week is going good! I've struggled this week, first week in 4 months.. sigh.. guess that's part of the process though.

I got stuck this week too... the messed up part is my weight got stuck not cause of something yummy.. but because i added cabbage to my diet! I have been eating an extra side of cabbage for the past 3 days and the scale wouldnt budge... :dizzy: I didn't eat cabbage yesterday and i dropped a lb :carrot:
Keep it up! I can't believe the week is almost over

Mercy03
03-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Hi I was out tonight delivering some tax appointment notices to the seniors for my mom so just got back a little while ago. I'm off for the next 4 days......WOOHOO and was going to do my running:).....now they are calling for SNOW for the next week:( stupid snow.
I was going to workout tonight and when I got off work I went to my car to grab a bag I had in there to take back to the store so I bent over to pick it up and when I stood up....pinched a nerve in my back. How is that even possible? I know how but really picking up a bag.
Oh well I shall work through it I just hope it doesn't freeze tomorrow so I can go outside for a run.
Eating has been pretty spot on until tonight...even that wasn't to bad.
I'll come back tomorrow for personals as I'm on the phone tonight not the computer.
Have a great night everyone.

I am so sorry that you hurt your back Jackie:hug:As for the weather,I got off of work at noon and have been laying out in the sun.It is 85 today;)

How's everyone doing? Congratulations to our biggest losers these past few weeks,I obviously haven't been doing too great,hence my silence here:D.My new schedule has been taking a toll on my body and sleep,plus my eating habits have not adjusted to all of these changes.With summer almost here(in FLorida that is) I really need to get back on track.My weight is okay,but the flab.......................... is back!

MamaP
03-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Jackie, I hope your back is better today.

No gym for me today - the crud is winning today and my lungs are killing me. I will be extra careful with my food today - for the first time in a long time I am looking forward to Sunday's weigh in.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Soon2BFitChick
03-19-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm sorry I haven't been here alot lately. We have been swamped because they called us with a newborn boy and since we had chosen to put our home on hold from any placements and take a break, there were tons of things we needed to update before they could bring him here! If he gets to stay, he is our last one! Had to get fire extinguishers maintenance done 50.00, had a heat and a/c check done, even tho it is working fine, another 70.00, etc. They put all kinds of requirements for us to adopt a baby but people who give birth can go home to any kind of home. They can live in a tent and no one will say a thing. Sad. But it's reality. So I am praying this baby stays and we can stop having all these dumb rules (some are good rules, some make no sense). Pray for us! We want a normal life and stop all this extra stuff they want us to do. Will be so nice to just parent the way we want to and not be worried about caseworkers constantly looking around our home to find a plug without a plug blocker, anything they can find to give a violation. But we've had no injuries here to us or any child who has lived here in the last 13 years, I guess our home is great if you ask me! We've had 35 foster kids and 11 exchange students! Blah, frustrating!! :faint:

Hugs, Selina :hug:

PageLynn
03-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Wow Selina that's a lot of kids! LOL. I am pulling my hair out and am done with 2 couldn't imagine having taken care of 35 + 11 exchange! Kudos to you!

reji
03-19-2011, 08:14 PM
I have officially reached my goal weight. Well, the goal weight I said I was aiming for, even though I never thought I'd get there. My secret vanity goal weight is next! Come on, blue team! Have a great weigh-in!

Doragone
03-20-2011, 12:52 AM
:congrat:Congratulations Reji on reaching your "unofficial" goal weight - it gives me hope I too may reach it someday.

Sorry Selina you having to deal with the agrivating agencies.:devil: Soon though you'll have all your "babies" to yourself, to parent without looking over your shoulder.:hug:

MamaP hope you get to feeling better real soon. I know that chest stuff takes it out of you. But, like you, I too am looking forward to the Sunday weigh-in. Even though I missed 3 days of walking and wasn't OP, I still managed a loss, whoot!

Transporter - glad you solved the mystery of the stinking cabbage!:chin:

Spryng - hope you're over the hump, no longer struggling.:crossed:

Mercy - so glad to see you posting again.:wave:

Where's Narnia and Bobbi?:dunno:

Well I'm getting ready to start putting some of my creations on Etsy. I've done enough research, its time to get busy. Plus it'll keep my busy and away from the fridge!

Good luck on the weigh-in team - let's rock this week's challenge!!!!:carrot:

ttyl

Dora

Bigmid
03-20-2011, 02:42 AM
Hi busy day today running around in case we get the 10-20 cm of snow that they are calling for......Liz I'm coming to Florida for a visit....til summer....LOL

reji - Congratulations on reaching goal that's awesome.

Will still catch up later with everyone. My back is better today thanks Kris.

Well I even got my run in today and also went and paid for my running clinic.
Off to bed now will chat more in the morning.

Don't forget to WI tomorrow everyone.

NancyO
03-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey Blue team, haven't been around much this week, sorry about that. Went down a little this week, almost back to my low of 187, hopefully next week.

Have a great Sunday!

gvntofly
03-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Pretty much back to where I was before I took a break!!! :carrot:

This next week I will be preparing to start P90X Lean! I have a feeling that after this week I will be spending the next 3 months in, you know where!

I am sure it will really pay off in the end! I am excited and scared to start!

drinkypants
03-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Congrats reji!!

Bobbi - WTG on your loss!

MamaP - Wow!! Way to get those pounds off!!

A few people are really close to their goal weights, it's great to see. Good luck with your weigh ins everyone!

MamaP
03-20-2011, 05:26 PM
It's sad that I posted a 9 lb loss this week and I'm still 3 lbs. above my start weight for this challenge, :( but at least I am finally back in the game and am heading in the right direction.

Congrats Reji on reaching your goal weight. Congrats to all the other losers!!!

Bigmid
03-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Hi everyone I'm heading out for dinner with friends soon so make sure you post your weight before cut off.
I'll talk to you later.

KimberlyP
03-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Hi Everyone!

Thought I'd check in and say hello! I've had a rough couple weeks and my weightloss is much slower which is absolutely frustrating. I'm 15lbs away from goal and have been working my butt off at the gym but I found I wasn't eating enough and the scale wouldn't budge. I've been burning 1000/2000 calories per session at the gym and just started eating my AP's which has made a HUGE difference. The scale started moving again and I'm so thankful because I thought I was experiencing my first plateau.

Hope everyone is doing well and had an awesome weekend!

Bigmid
03-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Hi I have our totals mostly done just waiting on one so I will have the totals for you when I get home tonight as well as the new threads.
Awesome losses this week....WTG everyone. Those with a gain next week is your week you are all doing so great.

Blue Team Rocks