Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 10 (3/14-3/20)

shan84
03-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Good job for week 9 red team. Results later tonight.

2 freebies used and 1 elimination.

Hope everyone has a great week. Don't forget St. Patrick's day on the 17th. Wear your green and eat lots of green. :)

shan84
03-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Red Team Week 9 Results

Total lbs and percentage lost: -38.8lbs, -.76%

Biggest Loser:
Rainbowsmiles, -6lbs, -1.85% :celebrate: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Honorable Mentions:
peanutt, -3lbs, -1.44% :cheer: :cheer:
Sindaena, -2lbs, -1.37% :cheer: :cheer:
Desidoo, -18lbs, -5.59% :cheer: :cheer:

**Remember, in order to be eligible for Biggest Loser you have to post at least once in the weekly thread.

On a side note, way to go Desidoo. An amazing loss and kudos to you for hanging in as a red team member.

shan84
03-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Continuing the chat from last week's thread:

Rainbowsmiles- I can relate to your emotions concerning the events in Japan. I am overly sensitive sometimes when it comes to things like this. Even more so when it is happening so close to where I am. Different things put it into perspective though. My bf and I took our vacation last year to Tokyo. One of my 4 year old students is Japanese and his parent's have friends whose parents are among the missing. It's very sad. On a side note, this morning our school emailed us our emergency policy in case anything were to ever happen here on the island.

I hope everyone has a great week 10. I'm on continued success from last week. I think I would have had a bigger loss last week except TOM hit on Saturday and kind of ruined my weigh in for Sunday. But, I'm not using that as an excuse to eat what I want, or go crazy emotionally and go off the wagon so to speak. I'm on day 8 of being totally on plan with food and exercise. I'm feeling great. I know this is going to continue. Only 5 more weeks to the big trip in the Phillipines.

JayTee
03-14-2011, 09:06 AM
:bravo: to RAINBOW, PEANUTT, SINDAENA, & DESIDOO! YOU BIG LOSERS, YOU!!!!!

GO RED!!!!!!

peanutt
03-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Congrats Rainbowsmiles!! :carrot: WTG Desidoo and Sindaena!

Shan - I hope that you and everyone else in that part of the world stays safe. I can't imagine the extent of this damage. Good for you for 8 straight days perfectly on plan!! Sometimes a little regroup or re-evaluation can be just what we need to keep on track. WTG!

dream710
03-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Congrats Red Team! You guys have had such amazing numbers this challenge, very inspiring, KEEP ROCKIN IT!!

rainbowsmiles
03-14-2011, 07:35 PM
thanks everyone :hug::hug:

whew....WEEK 10 is upon is ladies!!:o

4 WEEKS TO GO FOR THIS CHALLENGE...
LET'S ALL DiG iN AND FiNiSH WHAT WE STARTED!!
:dancer: WE ARE A ROCKiN' 24 LADiES STRONG :strong:

:cheer2: LET'S GO RED!! LET'S GO RED!! :cheer2:

i for one...am really feeling the effort!! last week i truly
gave it my all! i have to give a shout out to all you ladies who
keep posting and help me invision that it will happen for ME too!!

sometimes it just seems so far away!
but i am one determined chic!
THiS iS MY YEAR!!

1.2 POUNDS....MORE....WiLL MAKE iT AN EVEN 50 POUNDS GONE!!

i have to keep reminding myself that this is MY YEAR...
and that i have to stay the course...i can't do it all in one week! haha

PLEASE...DON'T GiVE UP AND DON'T GiVE iN! :D

skinnycow126
03-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Woo-hoo Rainbow! You are doing great!!!! Congrats to all the losers this week... so amazing!!!

JayTee
03-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Rainbow-- 1.2 is a drop in the bucket! No problem-o! THANK YOU for keeping the motivation mojo flowing here. This week we'll be celebrating your 50!!!!!

Sindaena
03-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Gratz Rainbowsmiles!! You can totally get your 50 lbs down this week. :)

It's Monday. Time just changed the "bad" way. I'm tired and unmotivated. But I've developed such good habits to carry to the gym and through my meals, and I have all of you to think of whenever I consider going lazy...so keeping on keeping on, hoping to be feeling the mojo again soon though!

shan84
03-15-2011, 06:56 AM
Rainbow- 1.2 is nothing for you. NOTHING! You will far surpass that I'm sure. Good luck this week!

Everyone else- Hope your getting off to a kick butt start to week 10. All is ok here in SK. Watching everything going on in Japan closely, yet at the same time life goes on. I had parent/teacher meetings today, and have 8 more tomorrow. My food lacked some nutrition today, but it was really on plan, just a little too low calorie. I'm going to plan better for tomorrow. I also just got home from a kick butt workout with my trainer. Felt awesome tonight!!

How is everyone else going?

CourtneyDaisey
03-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Hey Red Team! :) I'm around. I just got in a lunch break workout at the office gym. Did 10 minutes on the treadmill (walking and jogging mixed together) and then 15 minutes of weight machines. I concentrated on upper body stuff, like preacher curls, chest press, shoulder press, and rowing. I despise the shoulder press! :P

rainbowsmiles
03-15-2011, 12:43 PM
i've really been dragging since the earthquake and tsunami...glued :tired: to the tv and online news feeds that i have stayed up through 3 am EST to watch! just can't seem to pull myself away from watching...and so keen on any report of miracles in the aftermath. can't sleep well, haven't eaten well, haven't eaten much, haven't been motivated to do much other than watch more cnn. this too shall pass. i'm one of those pro-active fixers. when things get broken, i fix them. when family and friends have problems, they know they can always come to me to help them right them again. but when worldwide tragedy happens knowing i can't fix it, i feel so helpless. its crazy i know, but its a feeling that takes some time for me to shake. i once went to an animal shelter, and came home with 11 dogs. i soon realized that i can't go to animal shelters. how do you ladies cope with disasters like this?

Angie
03-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Susan -- Congratulations on your great week! I'm normally glued to CNN, like you are, following any tragedy. In this case I've avoided it because I didn't want DS to see some of the images, so I have him to thank for that. I've limited myself to certain times when I can look online or watch CNN, normally in the few min before work in the morning or after DS is in bed. Even then I set limits for myself so I won't be dragging the next day. Maybe you need a bedtime young lady :D, in your bed, no TV or computer, by 11:00 p.m. ;) I think I normally feel like we've contributed to helping because we always have some kind of fundraising (ie/ paid casual days), food or clothing drive here at my office after events like these; so that helps to satisfy the impulse to reach out.

rainbowsmiles
03-15-2011, 01:11 PM
thanks angie :) hugssss :hug:
you're right...i need to limit my watching....and get to bed earlier!!
rest is good for the soul!
thanks again

pokeycactus
03-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Ugh, I need help, you guys.

I know I haven't ever posted in this chat thread (just for my weigh-ins) but I need to reach out.

I have been holding solid at 199-206. My weight fluctuates up during the week and then back down to 199 by the end of the week, mainly because I think I panic a bit at the thought of weighing in and work pretty hard by the end of the week.

I need...motivation? Accountability? Something. So I'm reaching out...for ideas, people to be accountable to, or something. Any ideas? Words of wisdom? I know it's late in this challenge, but I need help and figured I could turn to you girls! :)

shan84
03-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Rainbow- I myself have felt glued to the tv as well. I have forced myself to shut it off about an hour before I go to bed, but I'm still having nightmares all this week. Especially with everything happening so close to me here in Korea. I do keep the Japanese English tv channel on my work computer running at all times (no volume, and with the screen turned, so none of my 3 and 4 year olds can see the screen). I have it running so I can check headlines every 30 minutes or so throughout the day. I put the volume on during their recess time and my lunch break. It's so hard to not feel emotional and sensitive to what is taking place. But, I'm just continuing to pray for everyone there.

CourtneyDaisey
03-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Hey Red Team! :)

I did hit the gym after work as well! I did 15 minutes on the treadmill (ran for 1 minute) and then 30 minutes on the elliptical as well! Hooray!

I also ate TOTALLY on plan today! No screw ups! Not even one bite of something that wasn't on plan! WOOT! :dance:

rainbowsmiles
03-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Ugh, I need help, you guys.

I know I haven't ever posted in this chat thread (just for my weigh-ins) but I need to reach out.

I have been holding solid at 199-206. My weight fluctuates up during the week and then back down to 199 by the end of the week, mainly because I think I panic a bit at the thought of weighing in and work pretty hard by the end of the week.

I need...motivation? Accountability? Something. So I'm reaching out...for ideas, people to be accountable to, or something. Any ideas? Words of wisdom? I know it's late in this challenge, but I need help and figured I could turn to you girls! :)

rachel....i am soooo happy to see your beautiful smiling face in this post :)
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT!!

i am no expert by any means...but i would suggest that the coming week...you journal EVERY SINGLE MORSEL OF FOOD THAT GOES IN YOUR MOUTH! write everything down, and i mean everything from a glass of water, a stick of gum, a nibble of anything. then post it here, and we can all help you take inventory of just what you are eating. that is the first thing i do when i don't show a loss that i expect...i go over every inch of my food journal in detail....
so tell us what you eat tomorrow. everything. deal??

CharlieJune
03-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Congratulations to all our top losers! :) GO RED!

shan84
03-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Courtney- Congrats on your on plan day! Woohoo!

Pokeycactus- I agree with rainbowsmiles. Sometimes we don't realize that the small things really add up. Journaling my phone either on paper or electronically is key for me to stay on plan and see results.

MadamButterfly
03-16-2011, 11:18 AM
RAINBOW . . . CONGRATULATIONS!!!

ALSO TO SINDEA, DESIDOO AND PEANUT, WAY TO GO LADIES . . .

SORRY I'VE BEEN SO ABSENT THE PAST WEEK BUT MY COMPUTER BLEW UP, I WENT TO WORK AND GOT HIT, BIT AND KICKED BY ONE OF THE RESIDENTS (I WAS WORKING IN MEMORY CARE THAT NIGHT), THEN WHEN I GOT HOMEI STEPPED DOWN THE STAIRS WRONG AND TWISTED MY ANKLE . . . (ALL IN ONE DAY) UGH!! SO IT WAS THE CURSE OF THREE'S . . . NEEDLESS TO SAY THE COMPUTER SHOULD BE FIXED TOMORROW, (I HOPE), I DON'T HAVE TO WORK IN MEMORY CARE FOR 2 MORE WEEKS AND MY ANKLE IS FEELING MUCH, MUCH BETTER . . . I HAVE BEEN MISSING EVERYONE AND ALL THE MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT . . . I'VE FELT LIKE A PRISIONER . . . I'VE BEEN STAYING ON PLAN AND DOING WHAT EXERCISE I COULD, MOSTLY THE UPPER BODY AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO RIDE MY BIKE ONE LEGGED (IT'S UP ON A TRAINER RIGHT NOW) . . . SO LADIES HANG IN THERE, I SHALL RETURN SOOOOOOON!!

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY

JayTee
03-16-2011, 12:50 PM
MadameB---I truly admire your never give in attitude, and you are truly a saint to be working in memory care. So inspiring to read about a truly horrid few days and making the most of them. WTG!!!

Doragone
03-16-2011, 08:22 PM
:cheer2:Congratulations Red Team :bravo:
...and especially Rainbow Smiles!!!!:encore:

You Guys Rock!:congrat:

So Motivational!!!!:high:

Here's to a big loss for all of us for week 10!:grouphug:

You guys are awesome:hug:

Dora

rainbowsmiles
03-16-2011, 09:04 PM
aww thanks dora :) :hug:

we are all in this together!!

WE CAN DO iT!!

skinnycow126
03-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Happy Wednesday y'all!!! I hope everyone had wonderful days!!!! I am super sore from working out, but it's a good kind of sore, so I'll take it!

Angie
03-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi all! I'm still having a love affair with 219, but I plan to kick that number to the curb, plus a few of his friends, by our next weigh in! I'm so tired of this epic stall that I seem to be in...and I need a new bouncy guy in my signature. :D

Rachel -- Your post reminded me of a little piece of motivation I received from a friend here a few years ago...so I dug up her post, because I'm not capable of putting it any better than this:

pre- LAWL I saw a woman walk by me who was very trim, fit pretty..... I thought to myself "what I wouldn't give to look like that" then I thought to myself, "what would I give???" when I say to myself "what I wouldn't give....." it implied to myself that I would give anything in the world. But then I realized, I don't have to give that much. I don't have to give my first born, my home, my husband, my soul. Then what do I have to give? I have to give the desire to stick to it. When I realized that I could have it all I have to do is do it, then it became clear. This was not something that was off limits to me. I CAN be fit. It is mine for the taking. It is like Dorthy, the ability to go home was there all along, she just had to believe it herself. Click your shoes 3 times and tell yourself "theres nothing like fit, theres nothing like fit! "

The other thing I tell myself is I only have to be POP for one day, thats all. only one day---- today. when I wake up tomorrow, I tell myself again, you only have to be POP one day --- today.

that is not to say that I don't fail from time to time, I completely understand what you are saying about feeling addicted and out of control. But I have got to keep trying, because I would give anything to be trim and fit myself.

Hang in there and click those shoes!
Lettie

shan84
03-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Hope everyone has a good Thursday!

All is good here in SK. I've made it to the gym every planned day so far this week. My weight hasn't been moving daily though. I'm trying to be patient but its so fustrating. I'm going to try to up my water intake the next few days and see if that helps.

How is everyone else doing??

CanadaMel
03-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Finally working out of my funk due to worrying about world events. Having lived in Japan for 2 years- I've camped near many of the towns that don't exist anymore. It's surreal and hard to grasp. Luckily my friends that are there are safe as most are in the Tokyo area. Dealing with guilty feelings for thinking "I'm so glad I don't live there anymore"
Hopped on the treadmill after we (my YMCA/CBC live right now team) had a presentation with a dietician. I rocked out 5k in 33 min, but am paying the price today- my legs are sore.

:luck2you: Have a Happy St.Patty's Day! :drinkup: mmmm Guinness!

rainbowsmiles
03-17-2011, 10:19 AM
HAPPY
:luck2you:ST PATRICKS DAY:luck2you:
EVERYONE

:lucky:
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

:drinkup:

traditional gaelic blessing

JayTee
03-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Happy St. Pat's Day all!!!

CanadaMel--glad you're out of a funk! Nice run time on the 5K!

I ran outside today for the first time this season and really enjoyed spring that is in the air here today. Churned out a 10K+ and feeling great!!!

Good luck all on pushing thru the week, the St. Patty day parties, and then LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS!!!!! Let's make it another winning week Red!

Sindaena
03-18-2011, 12:49 AM
Happy St. Patty's Day everyone ... a little late on that one, lol.

I am in a funk this week. The bad part is skipping some workouts, the possible upside is forgetting to eat until late in the day and ending up low on calories. Hopefully it's just time change plus time of month and everything will be back to normal next week! Scale is at least staying friendly. :) Down 2 and posted so I don't forget!

rainbowsmiles
03-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Happy St. Patty's Day everyone ... a little late on that one, lol.

I am in a funk this week. The bad part is skipping some workouts, the possible upside is forgetting to eat until late in the day and ending up low on calories. Hopefully it's just time change plus time of month and everything will be back to normal next week! Scale is at least staying friendly. :) Down 2 and posted so I don't forget!

wow sindaena....you rock!!
i think nearly everyone is in a funk of some sort!! maybe its week 10...just week 10.
so proud of you for staying the course even in your funk!!
i think its kinda hard not to be in a funk right now with the earthquake and tsunami and now libya...
hope everyone has a great day!

MadamButterfly
03-18-2011, 01:27 PM
:hug:SPRING WILL BE HERE IN JUST A FEW DAYS !!!! WOOHOO!!!

Pokeycactus: How are you doing . . . you can overcome this, just keep working, write everything down, whatever it takes . . . we are here for you . . .

JayTee: Thanks, I don't know that I'm a saint though, I'm a :devil: sometimes, but really enjoy working there, these little old people crack me up . . . and I learned a while ago that horrid days will come and go; so just make the best of what you have RIGHT NOW . . . we can't change yesterday and we can't predict tomorrow so just figure out what you're going to do today, at this very moment . . . and then just go with the flow (I'm rambling, AGAIN <sigh>

Angie; love that post . . . we really don't have to give up that much, we just need to realize that we can do it !!!

CanadaMel; it's hard not to feel empathy with all the things going on in the world, but GLAD your friends are OK

Sindaena: OK, just get up, take a walk, start moving . . . sometimes I have to force myself to start, but once I start then I'm good . . . GO MELT SOME BUTT-ER ----------- RIGHT NOW GIRL . . . YOU CAN DO IT!!! (I sound like somebody's Mom) (LOLOLOLOL)

CanadaMel
03-19-2011, 12:33 AM
MadameButterfly- I'm glad you're optimistic about spring.
We have a snowfall warning in effect here- expecting ~20cm (~8") of snow.
Guess that's why they call it the great white north!LOL

rainbowsmiles
03-19-2011, 01:04 AM
ANOTHER UNOFFICIAL MEMBER

*I've actually been tracking my weight for TBL in my siggy b/c I didnt know if it was ok to post in the weigh-in thread.

Starting Weight: 328 lbs.
FRIDAYS - Weigh IN day

Week 1 Weigh-in (1/16): 323 (-5)
Week 2 Weigh-in (1/23): 318 (-5)
Week 3 Weigh-in (1/30): 315 (-3)
Week 4 Weigh-in (2/06): 310 (-5)
Week 5 Weigh-in (2/13): 308 (-2)
Week 6 Weigh-in (2/20): 306 (-2)
Week 7 Weigh-in (2/27): 304 (-2)
Week 8 Weigh-in (3/06): 301 (-3) ... not sure how 'accurate' this is though. We'll see next week.
Week 9 Weigh-in (3/13): 301 last week wasn't accurate as I suspected, but I feel this week it is.
Week 10 Weigh-in (3/20): 299 (-2) Yay! Broke into the 2's! Now let's keep it moving in the right direction
Week 11 Weigh-in (3/27):
Week 12 Weigh-in (4/3):
Week 13 Weigh-in (4/10):

SO INCREDIBLY PROUD OF YOU HONEY!!!
:yay:
WOOHOOOO
:woohoo:
WAY TO GO!!!!!
:dance: :dance: :dancer: :carrot: :dance: :dance:

WHAT AN INSPIRATION YOU ARE TO EVERYONE ON THIS TEAM!!
:bravo:
AWESOME....:encore: KEEP IT UP GF!!
YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
:hug:

MyBodyisMyTemple
03-19-2011, 01:39 AM
Hey there everyone,

as we prepare for the weekend, remember that EVERY DECISION YOU MAKE WILL IMPACT YOU ONE WAY OR THE OTHER... now let's make the ones that will impact our lives for the better!

Susan I am really happy that I Finally broke into the 2's. I have a looong way to go, but slowly and surely I am getting closer and closer.

Of course I'm trying to catch up to your progress... heck a little friendly competition never hurt anybody ;) lol.

JayTee
03-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Major Congrats MYBODY!!!! Amazing fortitude!

OK, Reds.. GET YOUR LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS ON!!!! Let's pull numbers like we did last week!

Angie
03-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Good morning everyone!

I hope you've had a great week so far. I'm off to go shopping for new running shoes this morning, now that I actually run in them I need something of better quality. :D

I'm sitting at a new low for me and very excited about it, but I want to wait until tomorrow to weigh in, just in case I'm able to work off even a few more ounces by then. Happy SAturday!

kris2008
03-19-2011, 04:32 PM
You guys did great last week! Hopefully I can help a little this week and you won't have to carry me again.

skinnycow126
03-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Ahhhh, had a gain this morning at my meeting! Boo. It wasn't unexpected, but still disappointing nonetheless. Here's to a better next week!

rainbowsmiles
03-19-2011, 05:58 PM
canada mel.....:snowglo: this would be me...locked inside if i had all the snow you get!! sorry for all the cold!! brrrrr so amazed at how dedicated you are even in such horrid conditions!!

skinnycow.....WHAT A GREAT ATTITUDE!! reminds me of courtney on TBL this weel, when she said, ok so i didn't make the goal this week, i will next week!! woohooo!!!!

kris.....hang in there....next weeks a'comin!!! rock on gf!!youcan do it!!

angie....so excited to hear your new low tomorrow!! woohooo!!!
COMING ATTRACTIONS....ANGIE ON THE LOW SIDE!! GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!
WHOOOP WHOOOOP!!

JAYTEE....have a great week!!! rock on sarge!!

EVERYONE....DON'T FORGET TO WEIGH IN!! PLEASE....SURE DON'T WANT TO LOSE ANY MORE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!
hugs
susan

CourtneyDaisey
03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
MyBodyIsMyTemple - WOW!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Way to go girl!!!!

I lost 2 pounds this week! Yay!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/christianlady1978/wi03202011.jpg

I am getting closer to the 230's, really!

CanadaMel
03-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Good job Courtney- WTG!!

I'm taking a freebie this week. Went to an open house yesterday to celebrate a friend's wedding & let's just say I visited the bar too fquently, plus my body is gearing up for ovulation & I am bloated!

Here's to a new day! hope everyone has a great weigh in and a good Sunday. I'm contemplating doing taxes since we have to file both Cdn & US. Fun times- anything to avoid the reality of the snow on the ground.

MadamButterfly
03-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Good Morning Everyone

I am soooooo sorry, weigh in was a +1 pound . . . UGH AND OH NO . . .

CanadaMel: Sending you some :sunny: Just keep telling yourself, "Spring will come, Spring Will come, Spring Will Come . . . it worked here and I'm only a few hours south of the canadian border . . . :brr: Try to stay warm

MyBody: :congrat: :woohoo: YOU ARE DOIN' IT . . .

Skinnycow & Madambutterfly sitting on the NON-LOSER side, <sniffle> That's OK, we will return next week meltin' our BUTT-ery GOO!!

Courtney: Keep goin' girl . . . more than half way to ONE-DER-LAND!!!!

Angie: A NEW LOW . . . I LOVE IT AND I BET YOU LOVE IT EVEN MORE . . . :congrat:

Sindaena: I've been in a funk too . . . BUT spring is here and we CAN DO IT!!!!

shan84
03-20-2011, 07:04 PM
No change for me this week and I'm getting really fustrated. I posted all my food and exercise this week. Calories in vs calories out I should have at least a 4lb loss this week. Personal trainer says its muscle gain but I want to see the scale move! Any friendly suggestions?

CourtneyDaisey
03-20-2011, 09:28 PM
[SIZE="2"]

Courtney: Keep goin' girl . . . more than half way to ONE-DER-LAND!!!!

Wow, I never really looked at it that way but you're right! I am closer to the 100's than to the 300's now! Cool! :D

That was just the motivation I needed to pick me up this week! :)

peanutt
03-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Shan, the biggest suggestion that I can make is to not give up or let the lack of movement on the scale get into your head! I know I've fallen victim to that and let myself get derailed. You know what is healthy for your body, what foods to eat, how much water to drink, that you need to exercise and all the other good habits. They've brought you this far and they'll keep you going. Just think of how much stronger and fitter your body is becoming, even though that scale didn't move. :)