Old 03-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default New to WW

I just wanted to say hello...I have been posting on the South Beach Diet pages for a few months, but this past weekend I took advantage of the last day of free registration and signed up for Weight Watchers--I am very excited to see where points plus takes me.

Any advice for a newbie?
sarahsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #2  
Yes I can!

S/C/G: 203/193/165

Height: 5'11''

Welcome! It's funny you say you were at the South Beach Forum because I tried SB last week for the second time and I could not do it. I lost 50 pounds with Weight Watchers a while ago but I gained back about 20 after I got pregnant again and now I am trying to lose about 30 Be patient with the WW program because the weight loss is not as fast as with SB. I am back with the WW system although I don't go to meetings right now. I think WW is the best program as far as being able to stick with it. Good Luck to you!
adaminu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

My advice is to be patient. Don't expect the weight to fall off like it sometimes will with more extreme programs. Enjoy the great flexibility of weight watchers, learn some better habits, take up exercise, etc.

One of my biggest problems is not being satisfied with the speed of my weight loss. I usually quit about 3-4 months in because it isn't moving fast enough and of course then I'm back to where I started. Sticking with it for the long haul this time.

The good thing is you can be on WW and be perfectly on plan eating all your healthy south beach foods. Or you can also be perfectly on plan eating foods that are not included in the south beach plan. I like having options.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Today is my third day tracking points--so far, so good. It helps that when I am hungry I can have a piece of fruit or something light and simple. I am trying to use SBD principals, but in all honesty cutting out food groups (like bread or fruit) just really isn't for me. And I like the flexibility of points plus.

Thanks for the heads up about being patient! It is hard, but I think I am ready to change my life, not just my dress size. I workout 4-5 days a week, and hopefully with my new eating habits will help me get the weight off.
sarahsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #5  
Wishful shrinking

S/C/G: 266/235/160

Welcome aboard! The best tip I can give you is to stay true to the tracking. Track, track, track. Every little BLT (bite, lick, taste). Good luck!
barbaramatafeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Talking

Sarah- Everyone else has given you great advice/tips so I cannot add much other than and GL!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote