Old 03-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Default *~*Weekly Chat March 14 - March 20*~*

This year is way going way too fast, I'm just going to put it out there.

I'm sorry I had planned to cross over some personals from the last part of last week's chat but my brain just died on me - I know I meant to say something to indi, MiZ and jmko and all I can remember is that to jmko = how funny, my cat eats fries too haha.

I'm feeling all jittery this week, but positive. Spoke to the lady about the receptionist position and sent her off my CV - hopefully she'll want me in for an interview. I guess knowing one of the company owner/managers is a step in the right direction, but I want the job because they want me, not because of who I know.

I jumped the gun on the plateau, I'm back up to 63kg/138.8 pounds. AGAIN. Urgh.

I am coming into this week though with the same goals I set last week - 1400 calories average per day, exercise more (when possible) and don't let the crap food creep in so much!

I've already planned to go for a run after work, it's non-negotiable. My workout clothes are sitting right inside my room, so it's home, change, run, cool-down, shower, dinner.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone!

Last week ended in thousands upon thousands of calories of junk food, huge binges the likes of which I had never done before. I am ashamed to say it but I weighed 3 KILOGRAMS more this morning than I did on Thursday morning, and at least half of that is probably "real" gain.

I wore my 67 cm waist pants today as a reminder not to overdo it. They fit nicely on Thursday and today I am busting out like nothing else over the waistband - I guess this is "muffin top" at its saddest. I also keep getting injured - on top of the existing Achilles tendon problem I twisted my ankle Saturday morning and this morning felt SHIN SPLINTS on the walk to work. My fitness level feels like it has plummeted completely, I could barely do 20 pushups last night.

While the numbers are alarming I think I should prioritize healthy behaviors over focusing on weight loss. With one the other will follow, or something. So much for my goal of under 125 by Friday. Sigh.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #3  

krampus You're right, I think prioritising healthy behaviour is the best place to start - I wish you the best of luck sorting it out, I am sure you can do it.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #4  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Rainbow - Awsome about feeling positive about this week. Hopefully you get the job that would be wicked! Good luck on your running this week! You can do it!

Krampus - Last week was a stressful week, and I feel you on the muffin tops...Sometimes my jeans looks awsome and then bam I have a muffin top and i'm like eww even my fat shirts didn't hid them well either.

===

So Sweets and I are going to get together a few times a week and get in a nice workout video in, since I'm feeling really unmotivated about working out. Also she's helping me plan a romantic meal for my new guy. I know I'm weird right? who the **** wants to make a romantic meal for someone? But it's going to be more of a secret romantic meal haha I'm going to cook something epic, have flowers at the end of the table and a lit candle. I'll have a beer on the table for him and me something else...see romantic yet hidden...right? haha I don't know when the **** I became such a friggen sap...
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #5  

MiZ I think that sounds awesome haha...how's this for romantic, it's my boyfriend and I's 3 year anniversary on Wednesday and I can't be bothered organising anything. We'll probably just end up deciding on some restaurant last minute or something. I think your dinner sounds lovely, I hope it's appreciated! Thanks for the luck! I hope I get the job too...it will mean less time for so many other things, but I think that will be a good thing - more motivated to use my time wisely!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #6  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Rainbow - that's sweet, see I'm always short on cash so I don't want to do a resturant thing because I'm poor and I'd rather cook something healthy that won't give me a stomachach and a make it a little more intimate. I've been talking to this guy since Nov, but we finally met last friday so it's not like he's a new new guy in my life (he's just new) haha.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #7  

MiZ Oh cool I see. No, I think it's a great idea. I would actually definitely prefer to cook at home for my boyfriend and I on Wednesday, but living with his parents kind of prevents this - means that a meal at a restaurant is more intimate than eating at home hah! Money is definitely a problem as well...we're both pretty low on cash, especially after the weekend.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

rainbow i was holding my fry last night, and the cat totally snatched it. don't worry too much about going up. at least you dropped and the scale moved. drink more water!

krampus the good thing is, you didn't gain too much. you can definitely lose it again, just make sure to keep exercising, even if it is just a walk around the park.

miz awwwwwww, so cute! what do you think you're going to do??

White day is tomorrow!! I don't think DH is getting me anything. He can never remember. He barely remembered valentine's day. ugh. Anyway, I did nothing at work today. Well, I did manage to print my envelopes out at work for wedding invitations. It sorta worked, but the printer kept jamming and eating my envelopes so they're all crinkled. I figured I could justify it as getting busted up in the mail. That's one thing down. All I have to do is take them to the post-office tomorrow and get them posted and off they go. My guest count is actually looking a little lower than anticipated too. The DH friends from NY aren't coming, and I think he's bummed. That leaves me with twice the number of guests. I've got a ton more to invite, but I feel bad for him...sadness.
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #9  

jmko Oh I am trying with the water, but it's always me forcing myself, I just don't feel thirsty all that often! My cat literally loves fries, but not pointy ones (yes, I tested it out). I used to give him fries if I had them at home, but I don't live at my parents anymore and he is still there. I miss him!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #10  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

White Day and no candy/cookies/cake/treats from coworkers. It's happy because I don't have to panic about eating sugar, but sad because in past years at work there was always cake or something from male coworkers. Last thing I need is more sugar though.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:47 AM   #11  

krampus Maybe they're intimidated by your hotness

~So I just got back from my jog/walk - definitely not as much jogging as usual, I had some intense cramp/stitch in the exact same place as always, though this time it was possibly worse than it's been - felt like extreme stabbing pain and kind of hurt more when I breathed. I almost cut my route shorter because of the pain but I kept going.

Also I have an interview for this job on Friday! I'm excited but also nervous...and slightly pissed off as well? Only because my boyfriend's dad is one of the 3 owners of the company, and when I asked him what the women wear in his office, he said it was fairly conservative, he said "no bosoms", he said a lot of them wear pants rather than skirts and that I should take out my second earring before coming to the interview. I have two piercings in each earlobe, but I thought they were fairly conservative in comparison to what a lot of other people have! Also I don't want to lose my personality by dressing super conservatively - I think I could still be fairly fashion forward in a more office type of way? I'm not pissed off at my boyfriend's dad, more pissed off at the idea of ... losing my identity in a sea of plain button down shirts and "slacks".
Old 03-14-2011, 03:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Oo I have never heard of White Day! Just wikipedia'd it. Marshmallows and chocolate, mmm. Happy holiday to all of you celebrating today

rainbow yeah it does suck to have to dress a certain way. When I got to India I realized that no bosoms literally means NO BOSOMS, as in, don't remind us you even have any. I realized all my clothes, even my nice work clothes, show some sort of indication that there's something under there- not even cleavage sometimes but just the slight raise in the chest before the cleavage. None of this was ok. I have had to buy a number of new shirts here or present horny sexually repressed men a nice picture they can not-so-subtly capture forever with the cameras on their phones. (sorry if that sounds crass, but in a culture where you aren't allowed to hold hands in public, date, or often even be alone with a member of the opposite sex until you are married, well... there are outlets).

Anyway all that to say I would definitely dress SUPER conservatively for the interview- even in the US this would mean a button-up and a suit, very little makeup. After you get the job (and I'm sure you will!) then you can probably let loose a little bit. Just let them know you take this opportunity seriously and don't give them any reason in the interview to get distracted from your awesome traits and abilities.

MiZ the date sounds fun. What romantic foods did you pick to serve? I think anything that is nicely plated will definitely send the subtle message of romance and intimacy
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:39 AM   #13  

indi Gosh, I totally get that India would be a completely different kettle of fish...it's all kind of crazy. I think the main problem is I don't actually have like... anything remotely corporatey - like I don't own a button up shirt, a suit jacket or pants or skirt...actually I don't own any pants at all other than jeans, and they're too big now...hah.
I kind of had an outfit in mind but now I'm thinking it won't be right? I don't know...I'm nervous now!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:17 AM   #14  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I'm still still alive! I just wantedto pop in before my laptop dies. I've totally fallen off track eating wise. I think part of it is stress, part of it is for comfort, and part is because I am tired and crave energy so eat. So basically I need to figure out
-some nice food that is a treat but wont kill my diet
-things other than food that are comforting
-sleep when tired!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

I Live!

Now to hop back in for the week.

Rainbowstripe Congrats on the Job interview! 8-5 sounds normal with a built in lunch. Unfortunately the real world prefers us to look conservative more often than we want. For the interview: I also have two piercings in each ear, I usually take the second out for the interview and wear small non-dangly earrings. That said, I work for the police (about as conservative as it gets) and we have an officer with a rook piercing and another with a bar in her ear. I wear two earrings at work on a regular basis, though I avoid dangles because I answer a phone so often. I also wore a fitted oxford type shirt and a grey knee-length broadcloth skirt for the interview but wear more colorful blouses here most of the time. I like button ups (at least the fitted ones from Express) so I have those in a bunch of colors as well. My advice is go conservative-ish for the interview and then take a look at the environment.

MiZ I love the feeling of intimacy that home done romantic dinners bring. I suggest you worry less about how epic what you're cooking is. It can be simple and classic, what makes the night is the presentation. Plate it like a restaurant meal, with a starter or salad and then the meal and a small desert, maybe to share? Here's an example: I will do a simple pasta with a nicer canned sauce, but what makes the meal is the starter and desert. Get a nice ripe tomato, some basil leaves and a ball of fresh mozzarella and slice tom and mozzarella. layer on a plate basil leaf with mozzarella then tomato on top and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Very simple and looks gourmet. Finish with a nice sorbet or gelato, pre-scooped into nice balls in dishes, at desert time remove from freezer, garnish and serve. (Sorry, I'm a bit of a foodie. I didn't mean to hop all over your dinner.)

Krampus, jmko I've never heard of White Day, that's kinda cool. I do know that the immature college guys I know advocate 3/14 as "Steak and a blowjob day" as a way to reciprocate from Valentines. Rather crass and offensive to me. I prefer 3/14 to be "Pi(pie) Day" in honor of 3.14159 we all have slices of pie.

indiblue I don't dress sexy at all for work, but I can't imagine working in that environment. Cops are bad enough for comments in the locker room but having to not show any hint of bosom would be near impossible for me. I've got boobs in formless overlarge garments.

I stepped on a scale at some point today and it read 142.something. Will know more when I get up tonight. Almost done with week from ****. After tonight two more nights of work, I hope I maintained. In other news, I am head over heels for the boy. So quickly it defies logic. He told me he really likes me, and wants to tell me more in person. Can't wait for next weekend. I'd forgotten how hard it is to eat on plan when dating though. So many bad food choices due to work this week and now I'm going to have to be careful when we go out.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote