WW Food and Point Issues - Help, cannot get WW Points Plus Calculator anywhere!

yafah
03-12-2011, 03:30 PM
I just went to our local WW Center to weigh in yesterday after a long absence. I am being introduced to the new points plus system for the first time, and I have no way of calculating the points for pre-packaged foods. When I contacted my center about this, they told me I had to purchase a WW Points Plus calculator but had none in stock. When I asked them when they were expecting their calculators, they told me in 2 months! I could be halfway to my goal weight in 2 months without knowing how to use this new system. They also told me I could go to weightwatchers.com and use their free calculator there. Well, there is NO FREE calculator at their website. You have to become a subscriber for a fee in order to access their online store in order to purchase a calculator.

I have no way to purchase a calculator and they are charging $50 for them on eBay. Totally out of line. Anyone know what I can do? I sent an email to WW about my situation and disappointment. Am I wrong? I feel that when I visit a WW center, pay my dues, I should expect helpful information.

If anyone has some suggestions for me, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

bargoo
03-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Have you tried Craig's list ? Or Freecycle ?

amandie
03-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Someone posted a link here from WW's website to calculate PP+ values since all PP+ calculators are all gone for a while. Lemme try to find that thread.

PS you can google online (just type in points plus calculator) for a [free] online calculator to use until you get a calculator.

jmfan317
03-12-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.calculatorcat.com/free_calculators/weight_watchers_calculator.phtml

yafah
03-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Thank you for the link for the free PP calculator. Yes, I guess there has been a shortage of these calculators everywhere, so weightwatchers.com is providing the link for free. Thank you all so much.

amandie
03-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Thank you, MjLuva! I wasn't sure if I could have given out the link due to forum rules and whatnot. GL, Yafah! ;)

kiernan
03-13-2011, 08:22 PM
I was looking for these too. Found a TON of them on eBay...

Good luck!

chandracz
03-21-2011, 12:11 PM
I found some on ebay.