Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 12:02 AM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Wakee Wakee,eggs And Bakee===bovine Bliss

OKAY ENOUGH WITH ALL THE PAGES!!!!I am up VERY late,cleaning out my basement---I threw out THREE giant bags of ornaments= Christmas and otherwise---actually I have been sending them over to my friend's grade four class====they LOVE all the junk and are giving it as gifts this holiday!!! The poor little urchins don't have much so my junk looks good----my friend says they go wild when she holds up something and says' Who wants this!!!"ANYWAY-----POOR kiwonkers!!! at least he didn't crash up your saaaaaaaab!!!! WHAT was he doing-----was there snow???? regarding your Flarida holiday----who's going,can i come???? will we visit peachboing????? We put the tree up tonight---still needs more lights though-----i have a bunch of presents wrapped===first time EVER to have anything done this early=----that's what you get for being stuck inside with ROIDS-----man i am tired now---nite nite
Old 12-16-2002, 12:09 PM   #2  

Poor Bagzie, our comrade in cowdom, fallen by the dreaded Roids. Have you ever discussed them w/ your Dr.? I once had to sit thru a detailed description by one of DH's friends about his roid surgery. For some reason he thought I wanted to know all about it.

I have most of my shopping done. I spent the weekend doing it, so my house and the rest of my life is in a shambles. I made the mistake of going with a friend on saturday. Big mistake. All I managed to get done was 1 gift, lunch and sore feet. I carried a bunch of my friend's gifts though. So on sunday I did power shopping. No friends, no husband, comfie shoes and a wad of cash.

Kiwi, thank goodness your DH is ok, sorry that your Explorer is smashed up. Can it be fixed or are they talking total? It seems it doesn't take much for insurance co's to total them out anymore.

The problem w/ a new thread is that with my impaired intellectual ability I have a hard time remembering what we were talking about.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:44 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Big honking migraine. blah and ouch. Can hardly wait for school concert tonight

Don't know yet whether the Explorer will be totalled. It was a lot of damage -- we went down to the garage yesterday afternoon to see it in the daylight. The cop at the scene estimated $4000 damage, so that wouldn't total it, but I'll bet it's much more. By the way, Bagz, my Saab hasn't moved for 2 years The only way DH could smash that up would be to run into it with the plow! Come to think of it, he has been a bit of a disaster lately; maybe that's next. Oh, and there was a lot of ice on the road when he spun out. I hate ice. Our whole driveway is ice now.

Well, DD went to school. She's a tough kid. I ran after her up the driveway this morning with sudafed and a bottle of water I almost died from that -- lord, I'm seriously out of shape! Hey, give me a break, my driveway is uphill and almost the length of a football field. I'm measuring it tomorrow. I'm probably wrong. It's probably 50 feet or something. Sheesh, I'm such a wimp. I haven't received my exercise tape package yet. Just wait.

Bagz, you're such a good cowie. I want to remember to dig out some jackets we don't use anymore for the Coats for Kids box at the store. I usually do a charity gift thing every year, but I haven't seen any in town.

I'm actually done shopping except for a short list I'm going to finish probably Wednesday. I don't have to wrap much until I get to NC, so I may actually be able to concentrate on packing and finishing my cards!

Right now I'm listening to the Benedictine Monks chanting. It's sort of soothing to my poor head.

Kiwi
Old 12-17-2002, 01:14 PM   #4  

Ppl are really bugging me lately!!!Not you ppl, of course. Just ppl of the 3-D persuasion. I woke up this morning to DH griping about his socks. "All I ask is that I have a lousy pair of socks clean" was the direct quote. I don't care that he apologized all over himself - I ain't talkin' to that man until I thaw out and that might be springtime. I actually have nightmares about laundry - I do laundry for 5 adult ppl. I work full time (well I'm here 8 hrs a day, just not always working), I cook, I clean, I take care of every little detail of that man's life. I told him "believe me, you ask for a h*ll of a lot more than clean socks."

Sorry. I just had to rant.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:48 PM   #5  

You know, it's only fun to rant when you cows come and commiserate with me.

I've caught your headache, Kiwi. Did your DD dazzle you w/ her performance?
Old 12-17-2002, 05:16 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Poor Wabby!

I am a laundry pile washout myself. I can't deal. I thought I was caught up enough to maybe only do a couple of loads this week before we left on vacation. Wrong. DH needs underwear, jeans, shirts. I need sweaters washed. It will take forever. Meanwhile all I want to do is sleep.

DD did well in her concert. The band sounded really awesome and the chorus was very good too.

God I'm boring.

So, maybe if you didn't do anything but wash his socks for a month or so, he might wise up, eh? That would be a fun experiment. "Why's the refrigerator empty?" "I had to wash your socks" "How come you weren't at work today?" "I had to wash your socks"

Ta. I have nothing to say.
Kiwi
Old 12-17-2002, 06:14 PM   #7  
fatter than U

And you actually went on a cruise with the guy, Wabby? Cut him off, I say! For a couple of days at least.

If men only knew how hideous sock washing is. Actually, it's not the washing, it's the sorting and folding into little bundles, isn't it?

I seem to be coming down with something but it's been in the coming down with stage for too many days now. Can't really tell what it's going to blossom into. Just in time for Christmas. Yay.

Off to bed.

Hope your migraine's better, Kiwi!

Is Peachy already on the boat? Why hasn't she contacted us from the Tiki Lounge?
Old 12-17-2002, 09:34 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i used to have major **** about sox---now i put ALLLLLLLLLLL the sox in a laundry basket---UN-sorted---If anyone wants a pair,he or she must dig around and come up with a pair-----now i mostly buy just the white sports sox which are of course UNI-sex=-----all of you are getting or being SICK!!! that is because the stressed out women are in charge of CHRISTMAS!!!! that is what causes migraines,roids and lethargy-----in short,MEN cause them remember---MENopause,MENstural cycle, blah blah blah,i am boring.---Kiwi--when do you head out????i forgot to say---we have a MaRDENS in Calais tooooo
Old 12-18-2002, 12:31 PM   #9  

I love your idea, Kiwi. What's for dinner? I don't know, I'm sorting socks. You can't walk through the house, but the socks are white, bright, and clean.

I have almost your method, Bagzie. Everyone's but mine are matched up and stored in a plastic bin in the laundry room. I like the idea of letting them match up their own socks.

DH apologized a million times and also went to the store and bought himself a bag o' socks. He's trying to weazle his way back into my good graces. I kind of like this. He made coffee this morning and brought me a cup. He said "here's your coffee" I said "thank-you, you know a cup of coffee is all I ask."

Geez, Bagzie, and you say that you're boring. All I can talk about is socks.

Poor Sugar P. What a lousy time to be coming down with a bug.

The Dr. called with my surgery date to have my gallbladder yanked out. Jan. 6th. I wonder how many other organs I could do without? This may be a new weight loss method.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:24 PM   #10  
fatter than U

Default Isn't January 6th Epiphany?

What could that have to do with Wabby's gall bladder? I bet there's some deep-seated meaning there. Or else it's the day after the doctor gets back from his ski holiday in Aspen!

Feeling much better. Still can't figure out which part of me is broke, though. I think it's the sinuses, as usual.

Got *all* my cards written and will send tomorrow! Yay. World record for me. I usually do it in January.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:29 PM   #11  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I can't find my sox either and I wash them myself. Dom't you have one of those laundry services that will come to the house and pick up the sox? Sorta like an old-timey diaper service. I think they have them in big cities.

I leave in two days. today I came home from work, crawled into the bed with my clothes still on and fell right asleep. It was about 3:30 pm. I hope I'm awake during the cruise.

Bagzie, sweetipie, I called the post office and they said they'd see what they can do. I haven't received cards from anyone. I haven't mailed any either but that's different.
Old 12-18-2002, 11:12 PM   #12  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

thank you peachers----i am so excited for your trip!!!! i will accept a postcard from the ship in lieu of a Christmas Card----i need to see something warrrrrrrrrmmmmm----it is freeeeeeeeeeeezing up here in the tundra.good night sweet cows.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:10 AM   #13  
fatter than U

Peachy, you still live on Swordfish Avenue, don't you? I hope I sent my card to the right address.

If you get sick in the cruise, one of those handsome doctors will look after you, just like on Love Boat.

Get this: went to the post office today to send all the cards and letters and wanted to send a big picture book to adorable nephew in Vancouver. The chick at the counter weighs the thing and says "That'll be 28 Euros, please!" THAT'S 28 US BUCKS!!!! To send a kids' book. Thanks, but no thanks - it's going to sit around here until nephew comes to visit. He'll probably be 18 by then.

Also: ds6 comes home from school last week and says "Here, we get a free class picture because they lost my portrait." I say "Whaddya mean they 'lost' it? Where is it?" He says, "Mrs. N. says it wasn't with all the other pictures she got." Geeeeeez! Why does this always happen to us? I went to talk to Mrs. N. today and made her promise to ask all the other teachers to look one more time. You have to treat these people like preschoolers to get results. Apparently some other teacher got a whole bunch of class pictures from Mrs. N.'s class so the photographer probably screwed up at our expense. Nothing *ever* works at this school. It's like a curse. And I want that picture of my babyyyyyyyyyyyy because he looks so cute with three teeth missing on the top.

Enough complaining. I'm off to bake fruitcake. Not the kind you have to leave for 6 weeks. The kind you can eat the same day. With NO peel. I hate peel.

Got another present for dh - a mini paper shredder to destroy his top secret documents. How exciting.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:43 AM   #14  
Ginny

Hi ladies,

Remember me, I posted a while back asking if I could join your circle...

I started reading your threads everyday and you ladies crack me up.. you are all so funny.... I can just picture you all.....

The story about the socks..when I had all the boys home.. and I have 5 of them.. plus hubby, I got so mad about socks.. nobody ever had any no matter how often I did laundry, and I did it like 4 times a day... anyway, I finally just threw them all in a large wicker basket and made them make their own matches... now that it's just dh and myself, youngest is off at college, I still put his in a smaller basket up in our bedroom, they are matched up though...it's just easier than packing them into a drawer...

I donot really believe you are all slobs... and I enjoy reading the do to list of one of you gals... my sister and I used to do that all the time... share our lists of things to do with each other.. didn't make us do them any faster, but helped us see what we had to do... and reminded each other of things we'd forgotten..

Anyway, I just had to say hi this morning.. the sun is shining here in Michigan and its 39 degrees and no snow.... though we may get a few flurries tomorrow.. but I am just full of the christmas spirit, I finally got it.. and wanted to post.

I gather some of you are in Canada.....and have snow... well do us a favor,, and keep it...LOL my ds#2 who lives in Calif. now is coming home tomorrow and he wants snow... but no one else does...

Well, hope you all have a very Merry Holiday...and hope you don't mind my posting..

Dahlia
Old 12-19-2002, 03:49 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Honk..Snort

I have what Sugar has. I think my sinuses are doing some kind of slow death spiral. I feel crappé. I am on my last load of laundry prior to packing. Of course I should be actually packing.

Dahlia, post away, we love to talk to normal people

Oh yeah, I should actually send those Christmas cards to people, not just address the envelopes, huh? Darn. Guess you'll be getting your card after your cruise, Peachpot. Have a wonderful time. I'll wave from the plane.

I'm totally bummed out about your ds's missing picture, Sugar. Would you like me to come over and look for it? I would be so mad if that happened, although I have to say that this year is the first one in a long time that DD's school picture didn't have some weird expression. It's actually very good.

Would you believe that people outbid me on those bras?? And you thought nobody would buy bras in an auction. I raised my bid at the last minute and got one of them. Goodie for me.

We had Christmas for just us last night (after my marathon shopping trip to the "big city"--which nearly killed me ). We got DD a featherbed. She loooooooooooovvvveeeeessssss it. I got a new TV for the kitchen, a nice little 13" one. I've always had one in there, but it doesn't work right. You have to bang on it to get a picture. Now I can watch HGTV and cook at the same time. Or I can argue with the news commentators while washing dishes. Or something.

Need to do something to further this packing enterprise. Ta

Kiwi
Closed Thread