30-Somethings - Week of *December 15*

View Full Version : Week of *December 15*

KarenK
12-15-2002, 09:39 AM
Good Morning!! Hope everyone is off having a great day. We are getting ready for Tripper's prospective new owners to come. I am getting nervous about this. I know he needs a new home but I'm gonna cry like a baby when it's time for him to go!!

Snow: Welcome to the group. Just jump right in. In case you haven't figured it out yet, three of us are pregnant so we (well, at least I am) are focusing on not gaining too much. We are not allowed to diet right now. Wow, that's the only time in my whole adult life I've been able to say I'm not allowed to diet!! You can get to know us better by reading the bio's section but we are always happy to repeat it here so don't hesitate to ask any questions.

I have started noticing that I can't eat that much at a sitting, I guess Alex is starting to take up more room. :D . The only thing is that I get *SO* hungry so quickly sometimes. I'm still doing OK with staying away from sweet stuff. Maybe once or twice a week I want a sweet. Mostly I want salty and MEAT. Wonder if I need more protein?

OK, enough of a book for now. Have a good Sunday

LBH
12-15-2002, 11:18 AM
Hi All,

Man, I am soo wiped out these days!! :( I just got up...it's 11:00 AM! I went to bed around 11:00 PM! Of course I tossed and turned all night, and was up at 6:00 to pee...right before DH's alarm. My whole body aches, I guess I hot shower will help a little, and the coffee is also helping to wake me up... ;)

Yesterday I felt like someone had kicked the crap out of me all day. I have a lot of pressure down there, I think he's pushing on my cervix. At first I thought it was my bladder, because I would kind of have that feeling like, no, I have to pee!! But I realized it wasn't, so it must be my cervix?!?! I'm debating asking the midwife to do an internal to see if anything's going on in there, but I don't know. She doesn't normally do it til I'm in labor. I may just go to see her next week, because my feet and lower legs are really swollen now. I was sitting on the bed indian style last night, for about 10 min. maybe, and when I stretched out, I noticed that I had a huge indent in my leg, from the other foot! :eek: I spent quite a while with my legs elevated before that, so I'll have to really watch them now I guess.

Karen- One of the biggest things I craved throughout this PG is beef!! Yes, you're body needs protein, and salt! The baby takes a lot of the sodium. If you can do it, eat a couple eggs for breakfast every day, or at least a few times a week. And try logging what you eat, to see how much protein you're getting. Our childbirth instructor had us trying to get in 100gr. a day, which really isn't that hard to do. If you have your 4 glasses of milk a day, that's 32 gr., plus I *think* 3oz. of chicken is like 20 or something. Nutrifacts.com is a good place to look up then nutrition info. Besides, protein really does fill you up! Always have snacks around too! I have an arsenol of stuff in my drawer at work!! :lol: Nutrigrain bars, pretzels, pringles (for the salt cravings!), bananas, cereal...

Anyway, sorry to keep going on about how horrible I feel!! :( Have a great Sunday all! I'm supposed to go shopping with a friend, but personally, I think she's on crack for wanting to go!!

snowball18
12-15-2002, 01:35 PM
hi all--- well congrats to all you moms to be! i'm so happy for you guys since i've been blessed with 2 nephew and 2 nieces within a 2 year period and they are just wonderful. i'm a single gal ( and 30 already)and maybe soon i will meet mr. right and be a mom one day also. don't worry about weight gain, enjoy it now since i'm sure you will go on serious diets once you have the baby. also you will lose most of it since i've seen my sisters pack on a lot of weight during their pregnancies and now they are almost back to their normal weight. i'm the only one in the family that seems to get heavy and always trying to lose weight. anyway--- i hope you will support and encourage me while i try to lose the 15 lbs. that i've gained before more starts creeping up. my x-mas gift to myself is to rejoin the gym again and i will do it tomorrow--- pls. remind me!! anyway, hope to hear from you guys soon ;-)

LBH
12-16-2002, 07:48 AM
Hi All,

It's amazing what a back massage can do for you when you really need it!! :) I'm not big on massages, they usually hurt too much, but DH did my back this AM with the hand held massager we have (bought it originally for his back!) and man, did that feel good!! Actually helped make me more mobile!! What a great guy I've got!! :D

Snow- Glad you joined us over here! Don't forget to rejoin the gym today!! :D :D Don't worry about being 30 and not having met Mr. Right yet. I met him on my 31st b-day, and I'm 34 now! WOW, that's a lot of babies in a short time, being an Aunt myself, I know that must've been rough on your pocketbook!! :lol:

RR- You know we need a daily check-in from you now...it's too close!! :eek: Hope you're just too tired to log on!

Have a great day all!!

RoadRunner
12-16-2002, 07:51 AM
Welcome Snowball!!!! I am the first to deliver the baby's on this thread and am scheduled on Thursday..DOnt worry about being 30 and single...I got married for the first time at 37 last year soo U have plenty of time!!!!! :D Good luck on the stubborn 15lbs!!!! I am gonna start a partial diet after thursday but since I will attempt breast feeding cant cut back too much..I only gained 15lbs total so far with 3 of those last week....Keep posting!!!!

Lauren--My swelling started last week..Last night, I had big ankles and feet...My MD recommends sleeping on your left side and U will pee all night!!!!I see her today at 10am..The pain is cervical pressure and I was sure with all that I have..the sharp needle feelings, the freq urination etc that I had to be 3cm...BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO......It is cuz the head is moving into position and putting the pressure there.....I am having another NST today soo we will count contractions and see the baby's response again.....

Karen--How did the doggie interview go?????

Hello Everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RR

TechAlum
12-16-2002, 12:40 PM
Hello All,

Wasn't around over the weekend because I decided to come down with a cold :(. Friday night I fell asleep on the couch at 9:00 trying to watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas" . I was bummed because it's one of my favorites. Luckily I'd already gotten ready for bed because I was soooo tired. Then I went up to bed and slept until the alarm at 7:00, I never get 1 + 9 hours of sleep straight through. Guess I needed it. Between starting TOM on Thurs. and coming down with the cold I was whipped.

I've got most of my Christmas shopping done and presents are wrapped. Need to clean for the party on Sat. I can't believe I agreed to have another party with 35ish people here. Oh well, get them done together and I should be done for a while.

WW went OK, I lost and am back to where I was 12 weeks ago. I am so tired of loosing and regaining the same 5-10 lbs over and over again. After the holidays I really need to buckle down, and get to work on this. If I can just maintain for the next 2 weeks life will be good.

OK now that I've written and novel....

RR - Good luck on Thurs. You'll do great!!!! And besides you'll have an engineer with you to ask lots and lots of questions :lol:.

LBH - Hope DH's party was fun. I know what you mean about procrastinating, I am soooo bad.

Snowball - Welcome! Good luck on that 15 lbs.

Jul - Welcome back! 3lbs isn't too bad. My WW leader always says you don't "own" gains like that unless they stick around for more that a month. Glad your show was a success.

Karen - Congratulations on finding our the sex and that all is good. I'd stick with what the home scale says if that is consistant.

Well, I need to go make myself some lunch. Have a great week all!!

- Tech :chockiss:

KarenK
12-16-2002, 04:21 PM
Hi all. Well, the doggie interview didn't go so well. The other couple's dog was totally uninterested in playing with Tripper. They kept saying he was scared, but I don't think so. He was wagging his tail, he just didn't want to play. He was in a strange place with strange people and Tripper is a tad barky when he wants to play. Anyhow, they didn't take him. We have two more people in line, one of which has already emailed asking how things went!! They have a younger dog which I think would be better with Trip. The other people interested also have an older dog. I dunno. This is so sad!!

Lauren: Isn't it wonderful when the DH is thoughtful!! DH found out this weekend that he was going to have to hold the baby, you should have seen his face!! It was hilarious. He has NEVER been around an infant, never mind actually held one. He had this terrified look on his face and I told him not to worry the baby won't break. He finally agreed, but man oh man, I would have loved to have a camera handy!! I guess he thought I was going to do all the holding. I explained that I'm not exactly superwoman and I was going to need help. I think he will come around.

RR: Yeah on Thursday!! I can't wait to hear that she has arrived. I'm as excited for you and Lauren as I am for me!!

Snow: Welcome again. BTW, don't forget the gym (finally got that right, kept writing GUM!!).

Tech: Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Hope you are better today. Drink tea!! That's DH's favorite cold remedy.

I got my packages mailed today. I never wait this long, I don't know what is wrong with me this year. I only had to wait in line for about 25 minutes. That's not too awfully long, especially after all the horror stories I've heard.

OK, have a great evening!!

Lunula
12-16-2002, 04:51 PM
I've been lurking on this board for awhile now, and all the other posts say, "Go to the weekly thread!" - so here I am. :) Not sure if this is the appropriate place to introduce myself... feel free to scold me if not!

I'm 31 years old, recently separated, quit smoking about a year ago and got on the scale before Thanksgiving to find myself at my highest recorded weight ever. I joined Weight Watchers about 4 years ago and was successful at losing about 40 (didn't reach my goal which was 60 lbs) pounds... but gained 15 back within the first year after I quit, and then another 35 in just the last year.

I went out and bought a step (for aerobics) because it was one of the few exercises I enjoyed doing in my WW days, along with 4 exercise tapes. I also just enrolled at a local community college for a 2-day-per week step class and a 2-day-per week strength training class (these don't start until late January). Currently (for about a week) I'm doing 25 minutes of step aerobics everyday and also using an online service (Fitday) to record what I'm eating (I actually threw out a pint of Ben & Jerry's last week!!)

Anywho - I work a lot of hours and I'm constantly reaching for horrible foods out of boredom, stress, frustration, etc., etc. I crave the support which you all seem to have on this board... I've always been very impressed by the sense of community and caring here.

Thank you for reading. I look forward to getting to know you all better! :goodvibes

Rabbit
12-16-2002, 05:21 PM
hello all. :)

I've had 2 parties already this week and one more to go, and I think I've already gained the 2 pounds I lost last week. Sigh. What a tough time of year this is. I'm still glad that I rejoined WW, I'm sure I'm doing better than I would have.

Jul - thanks. :)

Snowball - Welcome! :D ~ Did you join the gym yet?? ~ You are so good to stop yourself at 15 pounds.

Tech - Enjoy your party! ~ hooray for the loss.:)

Karen - hooray for getting those packages in the mail. :dizzy:

Lun - Welcome! :D ~ Hooray for all the classes you've signed up for.

gotta run. Rabbit

RoadRunner
12-16-2002, 05:25 PM
Lunula--WElcome!! Of course U R in the right place for support!!!
Most of us have been on WW but some are following other programs!! Feel free to chat with us all!!!

Well...Fingertip dilated!!!YEah!!!! She stripped the membranes??whatever..soo hopefully I will go into labor before Thursday!!!If not...thursday at 4am it is....She changed her mind on pitocin and we are going with some pill called Cytotec???I am gonna read up on it!!!

TEch--That is what makes me the most nervous!!!Mr Engineer will ask too many questions!!!!But, it is too funny..when the MD mentions any word with a "V" he just gets red in the face and quiet!!!!:D :smug: (not meaning Vicki hahaha)

Have a great one!!!Send some labor vibes!!!!!
RR

snowball18
12-16-2002, 06:55 PM
hello all-- it will probably take me awhile to get everyones code names so i will post a big hi to everyone! i did not get to renew my gym membership today since i went out shopping with my mom for most of the day and took her out to eat at a nice spanish rest.--- u can say i was pretty bad today since i got hungr after all the shopping . but i will definitely get my new gym membership tomorrow and maybe get to work out too. oh i hope you guys don't think i'm so down about being single since i know the right time and the right guy will come along soon, he's probably just taking the detour route. its just lonely sometimes since most of my friends are already married or seriouly attached. but hey i rather be on my own than just settle for anybody for the sake of not being alone.
RR--- you are so due soon-- good luck and hope you have a quick delivery, what a great xmas present on your way soon ;-)

ok, hope to hear from all of you soon!

LBH
12-16-2002, 08:36 PM
Vicki- DO NOT LET THEM USE CYTOTEC!!! I have read many horror stories. It's a drug that was originally created for treating ulcers, I think, and they realized that it also brings on labor. There are lots of bad side effects. I'll see what I can find out and post it for you. Please, please read up on it...they use it because it's cheaper than Pitocin. I'll try to get back here tonight with more info.

LBH
12-16-2002, 08:52 PM
Vicki- Here are a couple articles I found. There's a ton of links if you type in Cytotec, but I chose two that seemed to be reliable sources, the FDA and NursesPDR. Please read them, and talk to your Dr. some more about it. I'm not trying to scare you, because obviously I don't have experience with it, but I have NEVER heard a good thing about it.

http://www.nursespdr.com/members/database/ndrhtml/misoprostol.html

http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/SAFETY/2002/safety02.htm#cytote

RoadRunner
12-17-2002, 08:18 AM
lauren---Thanks for the info..THey used it on my sister in law and it worked great but the articles on fetal demise and uterine rupture have scared me to death..I dont know whether to consider letting nature take its course and go until she decides or do the induction..Life is sooo confusing.....
V

LBH
12-17-2002, 02:39 PM
Hi All,

RR- I'm glad everything was OK with your SIL and Cytotec. I don't mean to upset you by any means, I just wanted to make sure you were informed. :) I'm guessing that if labor started on it's own, it would be better, that was there's less of a chance of needing anything to help it along. But if your'e definitely going to have a C/S (which I can't remember if they are letting you try vaginal first or not?), then maybe you don't want to bother inducing, because why feel them at all, if you're not aiming for a vaginal birth, right?

Snow- Oh no, I didn't think you were being too down! I think I was just remembering how crappy I felt before I found DH and how frustrating the whole process is. RR and I both met our DH's online, since we've been posting here!! I guess we just wanted to let you know that it's never too late!! :D Just tell me to shut up if I go to far...sometimes I don't know when to be quiet!! :ziplip: Now, go renew that membership!! :lol:

Rabbit- Just think of it as a challenge. You re-joined WW during the holiday season...the hardest time to do it...you must've felt like you needed that challenge!!

Lu- Welcome! Sounds like you've had a lot of tough obstacles over the past year. You know WW works, so that's a good place to start. And good for you excercising!

Karen- Sorry to hear the doggie interview didn't go to good, but it's for the best, if the owners weren't too keen on it, better to pass than try and fail, right? Sounds like you've got some anxious people lined up to meet Tripper!! I hope it goes well with them.
:lol: at DH!! Maybe you ought to go to Toys R Us and buy one of those life like baby dolls for DH to practice with?? I'm serious!! If I can't get DH and I into a baby care class before Petey gets here, I'm going to find a doll and teach him how to change a diaper, and swaddle, etc. He's been around babies, his neice and nephew, but he's not comfortable around them when they're that small. I will add though, that my cousin was an only child and he was never around babies, just us cousins, and we're all within a few years of each other. He has two kids now, and while he wasn't super comfy with them when they were tiny, he's come a long way! DH will be OK, but I recommend looking into those baby care classes at the hospital, and a doll that makes noises...for DH and the dog(s)!

OK, I've rambled enough for one day!! Hope everyone is well!!

lizzard_h
12-17-2002, 03:46 PM
Hi all you preggies and non-preggies!!!! Just stopping by for a quick hello. I haven't been to the gym in over a week. I'm so swamped trying to get ready for the holiday. I'm up late doing things and then can't get to sleep cuz my minds going over all the lists. I haven't stepped on the scale in awhile either. TOM arrived today so I'll weigh myself in a few days to see where I'm at. I have my good and bad moments. Thankfully I work in a small office of men -- one's on a serious diet (much better than I am), the other is diabetic, and the other two have been on travel so I've managed to stay away from the normal office sweets.

RR -- In case I don't get back in here before Thursday...good luck with your delivery. I hope it's quick and painless!! :D

snowball18
12-17-2002, 06:36 PM
hi all-- i know i said i was going to renew my membership today-- but i didn't ( buy I definitely will since that would be my x-mas gift to myself) i treated myself for a glam day--- got haircut and highlights and feel great! i want to look great for the upcoming new year and while i try to loose the 15 lbs. that creeped up on me! anyway, i was pretty good today and did not cheat, i just had dinner so hopefully i don't crave for some extras tonight which is my weakest time. i hope to hear from you guys later ;-)

Dena
12-17-2002, 07:13 PM
Hi Snow,
Just to let you know, I replied under "The Buddy" Thread. I have about 10 lbs to lose. You can find me under "The Support" thread. It's the "One Day at a Time" Heading. You can belong to two support groups! :)

KarenK
12-17-2002, 09:43 PM
Hi all. I think Alex has been doing aerobics and jumping jacks along with jogging in place on my bladder today. I've been to the bathroom so much it's starting to get embarassing! Sometimes I lie on the couch so I can feel him better. Tonight I felt two hard kicks in my side!! That's the first time I've felt that. I think he was telling me to get off of his head, so I did :D !!

RR: Yikes, that med sounds scary. Is there a big reason for not waiting for things to happen naturally or are you just anxious? If not, why not wait? Seems like it would be better. I've heard that induced labor is much harder on you than letting things happen.

Lauren: If I thought he would cooperate I would get the doll!! I might later on. I want to get Tripper out of the house before I start anything like that. He would probably try to eat the thing or bark at it if it started making noises. I don't want to set him up for failure with any of the families interested in him!!

Snow: I have to throw my vote in with the others. I didn't meet DH until I was 30 and we got married when I was 33. I know the feeling of frustration that you aren't meeting Mr. Right. Especially when everyone around you is in a relationship. I also met mine online like some of the others here. It seems to be a modern phenomenon!! We met to go scuba diving. I don't think I would chance meeting anyone from a chat room. That is sorta scary. Hope you stayed strong after dinner.

Have a super tomorrow!!

snowball18
12-17-2002, 11:56 PM
hi kk, i did find will power not to eat anything after dinner--- but its sooo tempting, my mom just made pumpkin pie ( yup-- i live w/mom since its just me and her now w/my other siblings all married w/children) i'll stay strong and just head to bed soon. tomorrow night i have a b-day party to go to and the big dilema is the "outfit" and an ex who will be there as well. we haven't seen eachother for a while and have not seen the extra 15 lbs. of lovin that i've added. not that i want a reconciliation of any sort since he his just not the right guy (he got issues besides loving and thinking he is MR. GQ of every year) we parted as friends, but don't hang out anymore. i know it already--- whatever i wear i would be so self conscious--- but i plan to party and have a great time! i'll tell you guys all about it! later ;-)

LBH
12-18-2002, 05:51 AM
Hi All,

So I woke up at 4:30 because the smoke detector was starting to beep...you know, that annoying beep every 30 seconds or so when the battery needs to be changed? :rolleyes: So I try to pull it down to take the battery out (after stopping at the bathroom, of course!), and I can't get it, so I wake up DH, and he took it out, mumbled something about how they haven't made these batteries in like 4 yrs., and he goes back to bed. I also went back to bed but laid there wide awake.

Then Petey starts rolling around, stretching, I guess thinking it's time to wake up...along with my stomach rumbling! So I finally got up and went to the bathroom...yup...again...and then got a bowl of cereal and came here! I guess it's gonna be a long day...

Snow- Mmm, pumpkin pie...my favorite! Good for you holding off on eating, I don't think I'd be able to skip the pumpkin pie!! DH & I both lived home til we got married! Nothin' wrong with saving on rent money!! Don't worry about the party, get dressed up, knock everyone out, and who cares what ex thinks!!

Karen- Do you feel Alex on a regular basis now? Isn't it funny how we get obsessed waiting to feel him? :D I think I spend extra time on the computer at home here just to feel him, I guess it's something about the position I'm sitting in when I'm on here that he's more active!

Liz- Hey, nice to see you! Sounds like you've got it pretty good at the office these days! We have a holiday party in our office today, they're having it catered, so I'm sure there will be lots of stuff to try and avoid! :ink:

Well, have a great day all!! Hopefully I'm not flat on my face in my cube asleep by noon!! :lol:

RoadRunner
12-18-2002, 07:01 AM
Lauren--I have been up pacing since 3am...I walked the mall yesterday with my parents, they took me out to eat, I washed clothes, repacked the diaper bag....Since 3, I have rewashed the cradle sheets since Bagheera was found sleeping soo peacefully in it with her head on the boppy pillow and washed some extra clothes I got!!!!I am a nervous wreck and it is making Kaylee wild!!Last night, we taped her moving in my stomach and talked to her while we listened to her heartbeat with the doppler..Today, we will videotape putting the carseat in my truck for the first time...should be an adventure!!!!

Karen--They dont want me to go past the due date cuz of the gest diabetes and my size..I am only 5ft and small in the pelvis if she is over 8lbs...They have to be really cautious d/t extra fat in the neck region of diabetic mothers babies and the possibility of shoulder problems getting out..I am being induced for a vaginal delivery with the possibility of a C sec.

Snowball--yeah for U!!!Pumpkin pie sounds delicious!!!!I am craving anything sweet cuz it has been since Sept since I had anything!!!!Good Luck at that party..Keep the head high and strut!!!Let us know how it goes!!!

Liz--good to see U back!!!

Well, off to drink coffee and maybe work on my baby book!!!!
RR

Rabbit
12-18-2002, 01:00 PM
Just popping in to say hello! It's a real busy time. I keep thinking my shopping is done . . . and then more people, things, parties creep up. But I'm done with parties for the week. And I sent all of the cookies from my cookie exchange party to work with dh today. :)

Rabbit

KarenK
12-18-2002, 02:52 PM
Hi all. The caseload was light at work today so I got to come home early. I got the car washed and stopped at the grocery on the way home. I'm so industrious!! :D (NOT!!)

RR: I had heard about the big shouldered GD babies but had forgotten it. (Trying not to think about that part yet!!) Well, you gotta do what ya gotta do for both you guys. I just hope it goes super fast for you. Walking is supposed to help start labor so I guess your doing the right thing in pacing.

Lauren: Geeze, that's a bummer about the fire alarm. The first thing DH did when we got the house was get an alarm system with monitored fire/heat sensors. That way they are hard wired and we don't have to worry about batteries. I like the secure feeling with the animals that if there's a fire when we aren't here, the fire dept will be notified much quicker. I did not use the stickers about find our pets though. I don't want a fireman to be looking for my animals when he should be getting out of a burning building. I only feel Alex occasionally. Last night was the strongest time yet 'cause I was squishing the poor thing. He was desperate!! :D I can't wait to feel him regularly. I know I'll probably get tired of it, but I'm SO looking forward to it.

Rabbit: Yeah on sending the cookies away!!! I know what you mean about the shopping. I thought we were done but it turns out there are two more to get tonight!! Hopefully then that is it!!

OK, have a great evening.

LBH
12-18-2002, 04:33 PM
Hi All,

Just got back from our office party...all I can say is, I'm glad I didn't pay anything to attend this! They wanted $10/pp, but it wasn't required, and I didn't decide to go until yesterday. When I went to pay this AM, they said don't worry about it. Most of the food was spicy!! :( Have you ever had a spicy swedish meatball?! :eek: ...Yeah, that's what I thought!

Karen- My brother has his smoke detectors hard wired, but he still has to have a battery or something, because I remember him saying one night one was beeping and he had to disconnect them all or something!! His wasn't connected to a service like your's though.
You will not get sick of feeling him move! It may annoy you for a second, if he wakes you up, or if he gets in your ribs or something, but then you'll deal with it, because it's such an amazing thing!! I don't know if it's because I'm tall or not, but he did not get up that far to get in my ribs.

RR- DH is gonna have one of the guys at the firehouse install the car seat base in his truck tomorrow, and I'll worry about my car some other time...when it's fixed! Are you using an infant seat, or a regular convertible car seat? You may want to check with your local fire company, or police to see if they inspect them for correct installation. If you have a BRU near you, they do it too.

Oh well, I feel like crap now...Petey did not like the food I ate! :( Have a good evening all!

StraitLover
12-18-2002, 04:55 PM
No one probably remembers me because I'll start posting and then fall out of the habit, but I do read every day. I just wanted to pop in and wish Vicki good luck tomorrow w/ the induction. The time has just flown by!

Hopefully, w/ the new year, I will get back on the stick and start posting again. :dizzy:

Juldiet
12-18-2002, 05:02 PM
Lauren, I was reading your post about your dh not knowing how to diaper a baby and you were thinking about getting a baby doll. It might be more effective if you get your big cat, whisper in the cats ear that you are taking it to the vet and get your dh to try and diaper it. hehehe :) - jul

LBH
12-18-2002, 05:14 PM
Jul- Oh, you are sooo bad!!! :lol: My goodness, I'd have to take him (DH) to the hospital after that!!

Strait- Of course I remember you!! Good to see you!! Hope to see you back regularly soon!

KarenK
12-18-2002, 08:56 PM
Hi again,

Jul: ROFLMAO!! You are too funny. If I did that to DH I may never see him or the cat again.

Strait: Stop by anytime.

Juldiet
12-18-2002, 09:15 PM
Well, you have to be prepared for anything when it comes to diapering boys - you better be quick. - jul (who is extremely glad to be out of the diaper years)

snowball18
12-19-2002, 01:19 AM
hi all--- i just got back from the party i mentioned last night--- and i did have a great time! bad for the diet--- had 2 apple martinis and most of the food there-- yup i was a piggy-- tonight was a major cheat night for me, maybe the next time will be on x-mas day--- oh what the heck, its the holidays! i know i'm being bad right now, but not for long--- i promise for the new year its some serious business ;-) yup my ex was there and we were really quite civil w/one another and talked for a while, but no sparks there for me anymore-- he actually said i looked really good and invited me to another party -- but i said no thanks, since what's the point when i know its completely over and i don't want to start anything i will regret again later on. we were good friends before but since we decided to take our friendship to the next level and did not work out-- we ended up jeopardizing a friendship since we don't hang out anymore except for little get togethers of mutual friends that we share. i'm just glad i had i good time and did not feel awkward, even with my outfit ;-)
well talk to you guys later!

RoadRunner
12-19-2002, 04:05 AM
Snowball--glad things went well at the party...Low stress is the key!!!!

Strait--thanks for the well wishes!!!

WEll...off to take a bath and head for the hospital..I am scared and nervous...Have been pacing all night..hmmmm..thought this was for the daddy to do!!!!:lol: :lol: It is hard to believe that I will be a mom before the day is done!!!!

Lauren--I will call U later and U can post!!!!!!!!
RR

LBH
12-19-2002, 07:41 AM
Hi All,

Geez, you'd think it was ME having the baby today!! :lol: Everytime I woke up last night, I was thinking about Vicki, and I even dreamed she had little Kaylee...it was a water birth and everything went lovely, btw!! :D When I woke up at 4:30, I said a little prayer that everything goes well. I'll keep everyone posted when I hear something!!

Snow- Glad you had such a good time at the party. I think you just have to relax and have fun sometimes, as long as you know you can get yourself back on track! Good for you being civil to ex-bf, and not letting him spoil your night. :D

Jul- I remember when I used to babysit these two boys, the one was 15 mo. when I got him, and really couldn't do much. I taught him to walk, talk, potty train, taught them both manners...it wasn't a very good home life, but I honestly feel like I made a difference. Next to having this baby, I feel like they were one of my bigger accomplishments in life! Anyway, Justin was such a wiggle worm, I used to put him on the floor, and hold down his arms and legs with my legs while changing him!! And always had a spare wipe, towel, or something to cover him!! :lol:

Have a great day all, and I'll check in later with the good news!! :bb:

KarenK
12-19-2002, 04:18 PM
Hi all,

Just checking in to see if there's any news about RR. Will be back later......

LBH
12-19-2002, 04:36 PM
Hi All,

No news from Vicki or Refman yet! I'm getting impatient!! :lol: I could use something to occupy my mind today, aside from my piece of crap car!!

I'm home, my car is at the dealership...wasn't it just there a couple months ago?! It has officially replaced my Monte Carlo as being the biggest piece of crap I've ever owned. :( The intake manifold gasket is leaking inside and out and it's mixing with the antifreeze and contaminating everything, which is why my heat isn't working correctly, and the coolant light is always on, and God knows what else. That job will be about $800. Then there's the broken rear defog, seems the module shorted out or something, and melted the components, so that's another $180. Then there's the noise...my main complaint for the past couple yrs. on and off. They don't know, they need to drive it again, but they won't drive it the way it is. I'm like, HELLO, I've been driving it just fine for 3+ yrs.!! I told them it's at low speeds, all they have to do is coast across the garage and they'll hear it!! :rolleyes: So DH had to come all the way up to the dealership to get me after lunch, and bring my home. Actually, he brought me to work, I have to go pick him up at 5:30. I called back and gave the guy the extended warrantee info and he'll hear something tomorrow, AM I hope.

So DH is crabby...when did it become my fault that my car's a P-O-C?? :( We just shelled out 900. to fix his p/u, now this?! Talk about a streak of bad luck... :cry

Anyway, hoping to hear from Vicki or Refman soon!!

KarenK
12-19-2002, 06:22 PM
Hi again,

Well pooh, I was hoping we might have news. I just hope things are going well for her.

Lauren: Jeeze, sorry to hear about the car. It's a good thing you have the extended warranty though. (I'm assuming that the warranty will cover the cost of repairs and not you!!). Is it possible to trade it in yet?

Gotta go check on dinner. Don't even ask what it is, it's totally unhealthy!!

Juldiet
12-19-2002, 06:38 PM
I'm checking too....and waiting....

Lauren, sorry about the car. I think I'd start thinking about trading it in.

Karen: enjoy your dinner....I have an idea ours won't be very healthy either. I spent the day painting the boys room each wall is a different color (gold, sage green, purple, and blue) ...it looks good but I'm just too tired to cook something healthy. - jul

puppypower
12-19-2002, 06:54 PM
Hi there,
Is this the "weekly thread"?

LBH
12-19-2002, 07:54 PM
MISS KAYLEE IS HERE!!!

I just got off the phone with Vicki, here are the stats:

Name: Kaylee Victoria
Time: 2:05 PM
Weight: 7 lbs., 15.9 oz.
Length: 20 1/2 inches

She came via C-Section after awhile of no progression, and some heart rate deceleration.

Vicki is doing great, said it was a breeze!! Kaylee is in the NICU for a bit, but should be with Vicki tomorrow AM. She's doing fine, but since she didn't go through the birth canal, she had some fluid in her lungs.

She has curly blondish-red hair (I think that's what color she said!), and a pointy little chin like her big sister. Vicki said she's just beautiful....of course!! :D

Refman will post some pics on their website later. Vicki's dad is sending me pics in a little bit. If I can figure out how to post them, I will.

Congrats Vicki, Refman, and big sisters, and Welcome to the world Kaylee!!

LBH
12-19-2002, 07:56 PM
Puppy- Yup, this is the weekly thread!!

Jul & Karen- Yes, I've been desperately trying to figure out a way out of this car for awhile, but I'm upside down on my loan, so I have to try and sell it for as much as possible, then make up the rest. :( I find out tomorrow if the warranty company will cover the cost.

puppypower
12-19-2002, 08:04 PM
Looks like I came in at a very exciting time!!
Congradulations on the new baby!!

It's nice to meet all of you.

snowball18
12-19-2002, 09:44 PM
Congrats Vicki--- i'm so happy for you and wishing your whole family much joy for the arrival of your extra special xmas gift! i'm sure Kaylee is beautiful and will bring your whole family w/much love and happiness.

Lauren-- hope all works out with the car trouble, i'm sure everything will go smoothly. hope it won't stress you out for the holidays.

hi all, hope things are going well with everyone and i will write more tomorrow since i'm going to sleep at my sister's house since i think my niece caught chicken pox--- we have an early doctor's appt. tomorrow--- hopefully its just a rash and will be gone soon or else x-mas would be only with out one of my sister's family since we can't take the chance for my other niece (6 mos.) or my 2 nephews to get sick for the holidays too. well, got to go-- bye

KarenK
12-19-2002, 10:01 PM
Hi guys~~

Vickie: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy that she arrived safely. Get lots of rest and get well quickly.

Puppy: Welcome to the group. We are sort of excited here right now. There are three of us who are pregnant and Vickie was the first. :D Tell us a little about you. You can learn more than you would ever want to know about us from the bio thread. We are glad you're here.

elisa822
12-20-2002, 07:56 AM
What else can I say that hasn't been said? CONGRATULATIONS VICKI!!!! I am so happy for you and your whole family, what a great Christmas present - enjoy!

Juldiet
12-20-2002, 04:04 PM
yeah!!! congrats!! So glad everything went well.

Puppy: welcome!

jul

Rabbit
12-20-2002, 06:23 PM
CONGRATULATIONS VICKI AND FAMILY!!

Welcome Puppy!

Hello to everyone else. Been a crazy time for me. Hope to be posting more regularly after the holidays. :)

Rabbit

KarenK
12-21-2002, 08:32 AM
Good Morning all!!

Those parenting genes that make you wake up early on the weekend are now working on DH. The past two weeks he has been up at 7!! Yikes. That's one thing I'm not looking forward too, getting up at night and on the weekends!!

Hope ya'll are having a great day!!

LBH
12-21-2002, 01:49 PM
Hi All,

Karen- :lol: Get used to it...me, the original night owl, never sleeps past 5:30 without having to get up to pee!! And ever if I do go back to sleep, I'm always awake by 8:00 at the latest!! ...Mind you, it's 1:30, and I have a headache and I'm still not functioning... :lol:

I'm still waiting for pics of Kaylee!! Refman hasn't posted any on growthspurts, and Vicki's dad hasn't sent me any. :( I'm dying up here!!

We went to visit Labor & Delivery this AM. It was actually pretty nice! The LDR rooms have all nice wood cabinets and trim. There's a bathroom and shower in every room, and behind closet doors, there's a whole neonatal crash cart, should there be an emergency! The lighting is adjustable, and they can even turn it off, and just have a light and mirror illuminating the baby coming out, if I choose that atmosphere. I like that idea. She strongly suggested bringing CD player and CDs, said it was alright to bring the back massager, and snacks for dad, and the fridge was right down the hall if needed. They tag baby's ankle, dad's & mom's wrists and baby's umbilical cord with matching bands, as well as a "lo-jack" kind of thing on the baby so if he's taken somewhere unautherized, the police and security automatically come! She pointed out their ID badges and that she has a certain color around her picture to show that she's an L&D nurse. That's kinda cool. There weren't really any babies in the nursery, she said most of them room-in, or are out feeding at that time. There was one newborn we saw that was born this AM and was just under the lights for a bit. She was soo tiny!! Also caught a glimpse of a baby coming out of the OR from an emergency C/S. Actually, only saw the blanket!! :lol: Overall it was a good tour, and DH & I feel much more relaxed that we won't have any issues with the staff as far as trying to have a natural birth, especially since our midwife will be there the whole time. Oh, she did say that no one except the father is allowed in the LDR rooms! Mom wasn't too happy when I told her that, but the waiting area is right there near the LDR rooms, and I'm sure they're flexible if I should start crying for my mom!! :rolleyes: I certainly don't want the whole family in there though!!

OK, Petey, you're welcome to come anytime now... tap...tap...tap...

KarenK
12-21-2002, 11:25 PM
Hi all,

Lauren: You are so funny!! Surely your not quite ready for Petey to pop out. I felt Alex a lot yesterday and so far today only one little kick early this morning. I have been moving around a lot so maybe I just missed it. Maybe he had to rest after being active yesterday!!

Sure hope Vicki and Miss Kaylee are doing well.

BigPhatBooty
12-22-2002, 06:11 AM
Lurker alert!

Just wanted to say congratulations to Vicki and family. Beautiful news.

Now I'll just hang my head in shame and go back into hiding :o

KarenK
12-22-2002, 09:02 AM
bpb:

No hanging your head in shame and hiding, You come right out here so we can tell you we missed you and hope you are doing well!! Just stop by when you can. BTW, how's rollerblading going?