South Beach Diet - What was your victory today?

View Full Version : What was your victory today?

RandoMandaPanda
03-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Y'know, I love our daily chats, suggestions, and mutual support... But I think it would be great to have a thread with what you did to day to make yourself proud. (In the vein of The Biggest Loser, LOL!) It can be something you achieved or something that happened to you because of your fit lifestyle. Today I've had two so far. I check my resting heart rate once or twice a week before I get out of bed, and today it is down exactly 20 bpm from where it was about a month ago! From 86 to 66.

I also tried to put on a pair of pants that fit me a month ago. They fit loosely, but I could wear them. Today? No such luck. They're like clown pants on me and I swear I can't take more than a couple of careful steps before they fall down around my ankles! It's amazing!

Those are my little victories of today... What made you smile about your progress today? =)

Amanda

ETA: A pic of my big fat fatpants lol... I look like hades but you get the point. This is with no sucking in!

http://i53.tinypic.com/2w6xf83.jpg

Enjoy! :twirly:

zeffryn
03-10-2011, 01:30 PM
I hoofed it through an incredibly difficult workout this morning, despite my every excuse to stop after 45 minutes.

AND, I wore leggings...in public...AND got a compliment.

RandoMandaPanda
03-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Good for you, zeff! I am still terrified of leggings and scarred after being teased for wearing them in middle school... When I was fat... And they weren't in style. LOL! Yay for personal victories!

abetterme
03-10-2011, 01:46 PM
I literally just stepped off the elliptical machine. I check 3FC while cooling off. I upped my resistance level to 5 for 15 min. It about killed me but I'm feeling so great right now!

tomandkara
03-10-2011, 02:06 PM
We had a hugely busy day and I didn't get to make our normal dinner-size meal at lunch time and instead had plain yogurt and a string cheese. Then I went to an ice cream social for my daughter and then grocery shopping and stayed on-plan through it all! Got home tonight and had a veggie burger over a salad and leftover brown-rice pudding. So proud of myself!

weezle
03-10-2011, 02:21 PM
I lost 1.2 lbs (probably water weight because I gained it Sunday) and am back to where my tickie is..... Does that count? :D

Also, had an earlier lunch than usual due to Chris' work schedule today and instead of eating a regular sized meal like I normally would, I just had a half pickle and 1/2 cup yogurt, and brought a natural PB on wheat with me back to work in case I get hungry this afternoon.

Ruthxxx
03-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Turned down a classy lunch with a group of travel writers who toured the Mill and came home to eat my planned lunch. (My ticker was no longer lying this morning and that gave me strength!)

Porthardygurl
03-10-2011, 02:30 PM
getting out of bed this morning..lol

RandoMandaPanda
03-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Weezle, if it boosts your confidence, makes you feel good, and reiterates to you that YOU'RE AWESOME!, then of course it counts! And a big HUZZAH for Kara, Ruth, and Kelsey too!

TallandThin
03-10-2011, 06:18 PM
This morning I was able to walk further than I usually do and I got out there and did it before the rain came. My legs are talking to me now but it was so worth it.

Punkin Fairy Mama
03-10-2011, 06:49 PM
my 5 year old has been super sick and the medicine is really hard on his tummy so having to work from home today to stay with him (dh is out of town on business) so trying to get him to actually eat I made him waffles... I had to make a batch of three and they looked SO SO SO good... I was so tempted to just stuff it in my mouth but I didn't!! I ate a 12grain piece of toast and natural pb... then for lunch took him to sonic and I was just tempted to say heck with it... I ordered a grilled chkn sandwhich with ww bun (i doubt the buns were fully within plan though) I pulled one bun off and didn't even snag any of my son's fries! so not 100% on and those two breads in one day may stall me for a few days,, still it could have been worse :)

MissKoo
03-10-2011, 09:34 PM
getting out of bed this morning..lol

same . . .

zeffryn
03-10-2011, 10:54 PM
my 5 year old has been super sick and the medicine is really hard on his tummy so having to work from home today to stay with him (dh is out of town on business) so trying to get him to actually eat I made him waffles... I had to make a batch of three and they looked SO SO SO good... I was so tempted to just stuff it in my mouth but I didn't!! I ate a 12grain piece of toast and natural pb... then for lunch took him to sonic and I was just tempted to say heck with it... I ordered a grilled chkn sandwhich with ww bun (i doubt the buns were fully within plan though) I pulled one bun off and didn't even snag any of my son's fries! so not 100% on and those two breads in one day may stall me for a few days,, still it could have been worse :)

omg. sonic tots are my weakness. i have to leave the area if anybody has them. awesome job!

Lexxiss
03-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Well I guess this was yesterday by now, but I got my bike out and rode my 3 miles to our swimming pool in the freezing cold for the first time in 2011. Last year, my first trip took 28 minutes. Yesterday was under 18 and that was with a headwind.

Heidi58
03-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Last year, my first trip took 28 minutes. Yesterday was under 18 and that was with a headwind.

Wow! :carrot:

claire0412
03-11-2011, 02:48 PM
My victory was a personal best for a 5k! I had loads of energy when I put on my trainers so I decided to test my half marathon pace (6min/km) over 5k to see how it felt. Ended up running way quicker (not sure why) and managed 5k in 26:28! Proud! I'll have to start adding a few carbs in on the days I run if I want to keep that up :-)

Mum2Monkeys
03-11-2011, 02:55 PM
60 oz of water today and it's only 1pm here :) Water's been my big downfall lately so this is a big victory for me lol

Ruthxxx
03-11-2011, 03:02 PM
I was in the city for groceries right beside the Chinese Buffet place. I bought a small pack of blueberries and a sushi veggie roll and was content. (I am addicted to Chinese food so this was major!)

weezle
03-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Mine today is resisting the urge to buy candy or cookies from the vending machine. Last night's binge + TOM sent me into a whirlwind of cravings today (woke up with the shakes and everything.) I went downstairs, I looked at everything in the vending machine, and I decided better of it.

AND, I made a trip down and back up the stairs in the process! Maybe I should start doing that..... just to go look.....

tomandkara
03-11-2011, 03:17 PM
The way I read that, Lisa, it sounded like you have a vending machine downstairs in your home. LOL

zeffryn
03-11-2011, 03:42 PM
um, i guess my ticker isn't lying anymore. i still haven't lost any MORE pounds in march, but i'm now to where i was on march 1 after my big mardi gras binge.

weezle
03-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Kara - Oh dear Lord, that would be BAD NEWS! lol

Mmckellen
03-11-2011, 06:07 PM
I weighed today even though I was worried it would be bad news (it was worse than I could have imagined; but at the same time I know there is no way in h**l I could have gained 5.2 lbs. of fat in a week) and then I posted it to keep myself honest. Plus, I walked at lunch.

Natasha1534
03-11-2011, 08:53 PM
It's small, but I finally woke up early enough to attend a 0930 hrs DanceFit class w/ my roommate. :) Oh, and I wore my new pair of skinny jeans...and liked them!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=38359&d=1299894934

shelflife
03-11-2011, 09:15 PM
You're looking great Natasha!!

RandoMandaPanda
03-11-2011, 09:20 PM
What a bunch of victorious ladies! Today I've already had 69 ounces of water. About to go for a run!!! Today was not the best SBD day... Had an 11 hour road trip with my fast food junkie mother... I made *decent* choices but not the right ones. Trying to accentuate the positive, which today have been my water intake, motivation for exercise tonight, OH! and I read the whole book on the trip today finally. Well, except for the meal plans and recipes, but you knew what I meant, right?

Punkin Fairy Mama
03-11-2011, 11:00 PM
more victory in not eating bad things in my face... :) Last day for a co-worker meant pizza day at work, boss was going to order me a salad but found out dominos doesn't have salad... so while everyone ate pizza I ate a string cheese... :carrot: lets just hope I can do so well next week on my week long business trip with my boss who really likes to eat! (though he seems to enjoy making sure I'm staying on track!) :dizzy:

TallandThin
03-12-2011, 06:49 PM
My victory today was pushing myself out the door to walk. OMG I sure didn't want to and tried making up every excuse in the world to convince me, myself and I that I didn't need to do it but finally this afternoon just did it and I'm sooo glad that I did.