Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #1  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Default Just had my first binge :(

Ugh!!!! The title explains it all. I just experienced my first binge. I don't know what happened, I just couldn't stop eating! They had a luncheon at work today for a coworker's bday and I just couldn't help myself.

I feel completely horrible, like I've gained all 30 pounds back! I just don't understand because I've never had a problem with binging before. I just feel so bad and don't know what to do. I'm a loser...
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

You're not a loser... You're human!!! we're all guilty of doing it at some point. Some more than others, and do you feel any better about it now you've been beating yourself up about it? I bet the answer is no!

So you had a slip... get back on!!! all is good

Last edited by Jinksie; 03-09-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #3  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

You are not a loser! Were you very hungry when the luncheon started?

As for what to do, I would just get right back on the wagon with your very next meal. Don't starve yourself to make up for it; just learn from the experience.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day for you!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #4  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Ya know...it's ok to have a cheat meal/day once in a blue moon...just consider this your ONE! Tomorrow's a new day...k..sorah..sorah!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Girl there's no way you ate 30 lbs of food or calories and you know it! Binging is scary stuff but it happens to the best of us. Please forgive yourself, keep on going and don't think about it too much.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I JUST read this article that helped me so much. It's a 3FC post about "falling off the wagon" and it really made me feel better after all my latest slip ups and "failures." Please give it a read. EVERYONE has bad days. Don't give up.

Super post: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...off-wagon.html
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:23 AM   #7  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

everything will be ok i always do this when i hit a new low weight. it's a very common problem. we get all excited about a new low, but a part of us isn't ready yet, possibly subconsciously. have you tried listening to IOWL podcast? try it we have to stop the cycle of bad thoughts! you can do this!
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Please don't let one slip derail you! You have not failed. ALL of us have done this.

Look back at the luncheon and write down what was going on - how were you feeling emotionally and physically; any cues or stimuli that triggered you, etc. Make this a learning experience and build your skills and confidence to face the next challenges. You can do it!
Sskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5'1"

You're not a loser. Don't ever tell yourself that. We all slip up; that's normal. The more important thing is to pick yourself up after the fall and get back on track. You can do it.
marianne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:56 AM   #10  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I know that feeling you are describing about almost feeling like you gained it all back. I had a really hungry day last month where I ate way over my calories, I felt an out of control feeling, and almost a panicky feeling, like I KNEW I didn't gain 80+ pounds back, but I still felt like I had derailed my whole plan. It scared me that after several months of being totally in control, I just wasn't there for a few. I was worried that my whole new lifestyle was just a dream and that I was well on my way to my old ways.

The next day I felt back to my new normal, no harm done, and lost a good chunk at my weigh in a few days later! Use it as a learning experience, that a lot of us are never "in the clear" with food, and just need to stay vigilant, and always just go right back to plan!

BTW, a coworker luncheon, especially if you are very hungry, is a binge waiting to happen. It's VERY hard to resist all that food unless you make a firm plan about it ahead of time (and I usually bring my own food to such things). Now you know!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #11  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I'm going to disagree with the above. You ARE a loser! A 30 pound loser! Honey, you have been doing great and there is no way this binge is going to derail you from your ultimate goal. So now that it has happened, just figure out what you have learned from it (there's a reason for everything) and put steps in place to help with it not happening again. Hey, we are all allowed moments to be weak especially after being strong for so long. :-)

I know you are feeling bad but when you get on that scale next week (or whenver) you will realized that you didn't screw up as much as you think!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #12  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
I'm going to disagree with the above. You ARE a loser! A 30 pound loser!
I was thinking the exact same thing!!

Stay strong, don't let this get you off track. Today is a new day and you can start fresh.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'-1"

Please don't beat yourself up for slipping up. Heck it's not even slipping up! You had an off day. As long as those days don't become everyday you are all good. Congrats on that 30 pounds and there is NO way that you did irreprable harm. You just pick up today and take life's little lesson. Remember - we are all our own worst critics!!
DanielleLynnMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #14  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

MzJ

Don't let this little slip up get in the way of everything you've accomplished so far. We have all been down that road and we have all picked ourselves up and got right back to it. And I KNOW you can do the same.

We are always here for support and to help motivate you, hang in there

Last edited by L R K; 03-10-2011 at 12:52 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #15  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
I JUST read this article that helped me so much. It's a 3FC post about "falling off the wagon" and it really made me feel better after all my latest slip ups and "failures." Please give it a read. EVERYONE has bad days. Don't give up.

Super post: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...off-wagon.html
Pint - Thanks for sharing that super post, it really is helpful
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote