General Diet Plans and Questions - Fat Smashers 2011

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Fat Smashers 2011

DEDIKAYTED
03-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Is anyone currently following the Fat Smash or Extreme Fat Smash plan and would like to post their menus, share their experience, or just support each other?

tyla
03-09-2011, 01:38 PM
I was planning on starting today. I'll join you. So, this is day 1.

Beila
03-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Is anyone currently following the Fat Smash or Extreme Fat Smash plan and would like to post their menus, share their experience, or just support each other?

Hey I tried extreme fat smash for a week. I've done this diet before two times. It's amazing, you'll see results, but I never completed the full 3 weeks. I lost 4 pounds in 5 days the last time. I can't remember what I lost the first time, but it was more than 3 pounds or so. I think what stops me is the fear of eating the cereals and carbs on week 2. I really have binge eating problems and the thought of having those foods tempt me to eat more than just one serving. I think if trying EFS again, do week 1 a couple of times before hitting the meals on week 2.

I've also just checked out Ian's other book, 4-day Diet, at the library. Haven't read it yet, but it also has good reviews on Amazon.

I like Ian's meals cause they're simple and vegetarian/pescatarian friendly, which I am. So hope it works for you!

tyla
03-09-2011, 04:25 PM
I made it through breakfast and lunch today. That's a big deal.LOL

DEDIKAYTED
03-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Hey I tried extreme fat smash for a week. I've done this diet before two times. It's amazing, you'll see results, but I never completed the full 3 weeks. I lost 4 pounds in 5 days the last time. I can't remember what I lost the first time, but it was more than 3 pounds or so. I think what stops me is the fear of eating the cereals and carbs on week 2. I really have binge eating problems and the thought of having those foods tempt me to eat more than just one serving. I think if trying EFS again, do week 1 a couple of times before hitting the meals on week 2.

I've also just checked out Ian's other book, 4-day Diet, at the library. Haven't read it yet, but it also has good reviews on Amazon.

I like Ian's meals cause they're simple and vegetarian/pescatarian friendly, which I am. So hope it works for you!

I go on and off fat smash.. I really love the plan. I have done both the Original Fat Smash and the Extreme Fat Smash and both worked pretty good. Sometimes when I don't feel like being creative and just want someone to tell me what to eat, I'll do a round or at least a week or so of the Extreme version. I exercise alot anyway, so extreme is right up my alley. You are right though, you definitely see the changes! Taking pictures is really good to do because sometimes you can underestimate the actualy physical changes that are taking place.

The first time that I did the Extreme version, I went through the 3 cycles. The last time I did it.. like YOU, I didnt want to have the cereal or the sandwiches. I LOVE LOVE LOVE cold cereal but I dont LOVE just having 1 cup! LOL! I always want to eat more, so instead, the last time I did EFS, I just did almost 2 weeks but just repeated cycle 1 twice. I just figured since it is the week where I lose the most, why not repeat it. I know the book doesn't recommend it, but oh well. I work the plan, they way it works for me ;) !

I also like the fact that I dont have to eat meat if I dont want to while on this plan. I am definitely NOT a big meat eater. I much rather have a veggie burger anyway.. I have my mother doing the diet right now, and she has been doing pretty good as well. She doesn't mind because she still gets to eat lean meats. So I guess its a win-win for everyone!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

DEDIKAYTED
03-09-2011, 09:36 PM
I made it through breakfast and lunch today. That's a big deal.LOL

Good job!!! Are you doing the original version or the extreme version?

tyla
03-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Day 1 done!

Dedikayted, I got the info off the internet. I suppose it's the original, where I can have yogurt, veggies, fruits, oatmeal, tofu, etc.

I requested the first book from the library today.

Good luck to us all!
Tyla

DEDIKAYTED
03-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Day 1 done!

Dedikayted, I got the info off the internet. I suppose it's the original, where I can have yogurt, veggies, fruits, oatmeal, tofu, etc.

I requested the first book from the library today.

Good luck to us all!
Tyla

Oh ok. That sounds like the first 9 days (detox) of the Original version! When I did that the first time around, I did lose my 9 pounds in 9 days! So good luck to you!

Don't forget to get some exercise in as well ;)

See you around on your Day 2 !!

tyla
03-10-2011, 11:34 AM
I feel great today! On to day 2.

Dedikayted, I don't expect to lose 9lbs in 9 days, but that would be great if it happened. I had a cup of coffee, so I'm not completely detoxing. Plus I had coconut water, which is really good for the immune system.

Other than that, I ate what was on the list. I want to get back to my goal weight, because I've gained a few lbs. since Christmas. I can't seem to get rid of them, and hoped this would help. (I did this plan once before. I didn't lose much but my clothes fit better, and I felt more in control.)

I got on the elliptical for 30 minutes yesterday and used my weights, so I'm exercising, too.

What exercises do you do? What version do you follow?

Good luck to us today. :goodluck:

DEDIKAYTED
03-10-2011, 01:29 PM
I am not on fat smash this week. I just finished doing about 10 days on the Extreme version to break a plateau. At this point, every time a break a plateau, I sit at the next weight for a few weeks and drives me insane!

Currently I do the treadmill - walking at inclines, running, sprinting, jogging
Elliptical
recumbent bike
cybex machine

I usually exercise 6 days a week :)

There's another 3FC member that expressed that she was on Fat Smash so I thought I'd start a new thread for fat smashers to support each other. Like I said, I use the plan as needed and love it. Whether I am on or off the plan, I love to help support others in their journey as well!

Hope you are having a great day 2!!! Keep working the plan - it will work for you!!! ;) I'll check on ya this evening to see how things are going..

tyla
03-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Day 2 done! On to day 3.

I actually don't have any cravings. Something about this plan makes me feel satisfied. I guess it's because I'm not eating processed foods or items with flour in them.

Dedikayted, What is the extreme version of Fat Smash?

I'm very impressed with your exercise routine. Excellent work! I try to get at least 30 minutes daily, because I feel so much better after I exercise.

Thank you for being here with me, even though you're not doing Fat Smash. It helps to know someone else is working at it and has done this plan, too.

Tyla :dust:

DEDIKAYTED
03-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Great job with Day 2. I just talked to one of my friends on the phone that wants to do fat smash detox til next Wednesday so I told him I will be there for him as well. Until I find out what my next plan of action will be, I will do the detox as well. Its the simplest thing for me and doesnt require too much thought (which I need right now).

So anyway...

Today so far:

Breakfast:
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup fat free milk
1 small apple

tyla
03-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Day 3 done. On to day 4.

Just wondering when protein like lean meats are allowed? I was concerned that I am not getting enough protein. I still feel great, though.

Talk to you on Monday, Dedikayted.

DEDIKAYTED
03-11-2011, 07:47 PM
The first 9 days - no meat allowed.. protein comes from egg whites, beans, yogurt, and milk only....

I usually use plain greek yogurt, because at least thats almost 20 grams of per serving..

After the 9 days, lean meat is allowed. :)

Ann72
03-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi ladies,

I'm thinking of trying out Fat Smash (not extreme). Can someone fill me in on some of the basics before I order the book (which is only like $5 and change on amazon right now)? Not sure if it's manageable or not for me and I'd like to learn more.

Thanks!

DEDIKAYTED
03-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Its a lot to type out but you can google it and a lot of different places tell exactly whats on the plan. Here is something taken from peertrainer dot com

1. Phase I - Detox - This phase lasts 9 days. In this phase you will eat mostly fruits and vegetables. The idea is to cleanse your body of junk and you eliminate things like alcohol and caffeine. By increasing fruits and vegetables you increase the body's ability to cleanse itself on the cellular level. You can eat all the fruits & veggies you want except white potatoes and avocados. You also can have the following: legumes/beans & tofu, 1 cup of oatmeal, 2 cups of brown rice, 2 cups low fat or 1% milk, 2 6oz yogurts and 4 egg whites (eggbeaters) only water & 2 cups of herbal tea to drink. You also get a very limited amount of olive oil dressing to use. This Phase lasts for 9 days.

newmeLicia
03-12-2011, 11:52 PM
The main point of the Fat Smash is to eat 3/4 of your meals as fresh, steamed, or grilled, vegetables or fruits. You can eat unlimited of these, but you can have the other things if you want. It is not advised to eat everything on the list in a given day. That would be overconsumption and just ruin the whole point to purge all excess waste and fat from your body.

Drink only water or herbal tea, NO CAFFEINE OR SWEETENERS... also... absolutely no added salt.. to anything, any normal seasonings without salt are fine.. and one teaspoon of either teriyaki or soy sauce per day, which is very good over steamed veggies and rice for dinner. NO BUTTER or added fats when steaming or saute'd vegetables.
3 POUNDS IN 3 DAYS!!!! THIS WEEK ALREADY... and not hungry... at all.. I eat a lot of beans and yogurt with fruit or vegetables at each meal and snacks.
Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack.. how you are to eat... every 2.5 - 4 hours

tyla
03-13-2011, 11:40 AM
I've been sticking with it, and I feel great. And my clothes fit so much better. I'm staying off the scale, as I'm one of these people that can't handle it when it doesn't say what I think it should.

I'm so proud of the fact that I stopped eating processed foods because of this plan. That was beginning to become a bad habit again.

Good luck, everyone. :goodluck:

newmeLicia
03-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Today sucked... I woke up with arms that I was unable to move for about an hour and a half. I changed the starter in my car last night and was under there for three hours tinkering. I guess they just lost blood flow. Anyways, I wasn't able to make my egg white omelet, or my lunch of fruit and yogurt and carrots and stuff. I ended up eating one of those pizza sticks from the gas station for breakfast, followed by a half a turkey and swiss sandwich with mustard- snack, and half the bread off. Then for lunch I ate a chicken salad filled tomato from the lunch room, half for lunch and then half for the snack. Dinner really sucked because I had to pick up some computers for my fiance to work on, fix a wire on the starter, and then I am about to leave and go to the store. I know excuses dont make up for mistakes, but work and all of this just did not let it happen today.
I will definitely go by the book tomorrow.
Egg white omelet with 1/2 slice cheese, and 1/2 boca burger inside, with onions and bell peppers.
Snack - banana
Lunch - steamed brocolli and cauliflower with no butter or salt
Snack - apple
Dinner - Vegetable spaghetti with whole wheat noodles
Sauce will be made with - zuchini squash, grated carrots, diced onions, bell peppers, plenty of mushrooms, and one large jar of pasta sauce, know its got salt and stuff but I cant make it from scratch.

tyla
03-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Doing great. I finally got the book. So I'm in for some interesting reading. Really, I've been doing almost everything it says to do. I've been straying a little, but not by much.

I think it's time for the last phase. All I really want to do is develop better habits and feel better. I'm slowly getting there.

This morning I had an egg substitue omlette, banana, cranberry juice. I have my spinach, soy patty and yogurt for lunch. Dinner will be oatmeal, veggie, apple and a yogurt.

tyla
03-15-2011, 12:08 PM
It may be time for me to go back to calorie counting. Last night was harder than I thought it would be. It may be time to mix things up a bit. I do, however, really like fat smash plan. (I also miss you, DEDIKAYTED.)

newmeLicia
03-15-2011, 08:28 PM
I have been straying alot but have eaten more healthy foods overall.. yet probably too much of them. I eat more than you should but less than I used to.... and they are more healthy choices. I made spaghetti with all vegetables no meat and whole grain noodles. 5 grams fiber per serving of noodles, not counting the vegetables... and I probably eat too two servings each time. But I have used the bathroom more regularly.. and my clothes fit better. I may not be losing pounds like I was the first three days, but I am sure I will keep losing.... I still don't add any salt to anything... yet the sugar thing is a problem for me.

DEDIKAYTED
03-15-2011, 08:46 PM
If you find yourself straying from the plan but still choosing healthy choices than I say just calorie count and not worry about being on an official plan - because if you do, it feels like failure when you don't follow it perfectly.. :)

Still.. eating fat smashable, healthy foods in moderation, with other healthy foods (especially protein) thrown in = healthy calorie countable plan!

DEDIKAYTED
03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Sorry I hadn't been in here that much!!! I have been on a mission with trying to figure my body out that I have been all over the internet and bookstores trying to refocus and regroup!! But I am still here for support!!!!!!!!!! ;)

tyla
03-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Doing fat smash still, but had a little raisin bran this morning for variety. Mostly doing vegetarian, but will add a little lean protein for seratonin. I'm counting cals, too. I'm changing things slightly to shake things up a bit with my body, so when I go back to fat smash totally, I will lose again. The Fat Smash Plan has really helped me be in better control and stop eating processed foods.

DEDIKAYTED
03-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Tyla!

Sounds like you have a great plan! That's whats great about fat smash.. Helps bring you back on course in a nice and simple way :)

I love eating vegetarian as well! I have mixed emotions about it, so I do throw some lean meat (fish and turkey) in here and there. We gotta do what makes us FEEL BEST! :)

tyla
03-16-2011, 02:01 PM
D, thanks for your support. By the way, I lost a pound today. Yay!

DEDIKAYTED
03-16-2011, 04:40 PM
By the way, I lost a pound today. Yay!

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!! On to the next pound!!! Yaaaay!:carrot:

newmeLicia
03-16-2011, 08:41 PM
She is so in the 120s...... WTG GIRL!!! Wish it would be that simple for me.. total TOM this week and eating everything Im not supposed to... well not really....
GOOD FOR ME MOMENTS:
accidentally put one of my sons fries in my mouth without thinking.... opened the window, and spit it out before I swallowed any of the unhealthy fattening salty fry....
someone handed me a large bag of peanut M & Ms and I folded them over and told them where I put them... but later ate ONLY ONE
Instead of picking up a bag of cereal or m&ms I ate a bowl of whole grain spaghetti... 8 grams of fiber in that bowl... and some meat and vegetables... im eating only breads and stuff full of fiber and whole grains.
BAD FOR ME MOMENTS:
yesterday ate that dry cereal for a snack...
Ate a rice crispy treat, in place of a much more calorie filled bowl of spaghetti...
ate some of my son's candy while he was eating it...
IN BETWEEN MOMENT:
drank cup of coffee this morning at work with SUGAR AND CREAMER.. - BUT dumped it out half way through.. AND PROCEEDED TO DRINK A CUP OF WATER
Have not lost any more weight.... but plan on trying my hardest to stick to it this week.. also has not helped that my fridge went out and i can not keep fresh veggies in there....

DEDIKAYTED
03-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Licia,

Great job at gaining control and making good choices! I know its waaay hard sometimes, so way to go!

tyla
03-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Licia,
Thanks for your support, but I'm not in my 120's at the moment. I put on 5lbs. during the holidays, and am having the hardest time dropping them. I exercise, count calories, drink my water. Nothing seems to help. That's why I chose Fat Smash to shake things up a bit. Didn't really drop a ton like they said I would. I lost 1 lb. That's it. Like Dedikayted said to me, maybe I'm not losing those lbs. because I've been dieting soooo long that my body wants to hold onto them. Sheesh it's irritating. I had to come here and post so I would not go off the deep end today. The last few days I've been counting cals instead of following Fat Smash hoping that would help again.

I think you're doing a GREAT job. Congrats on not getting out of control, but continue to try. Keep it up. This plan will work for you!

All the best to you!

newmeLicia
03-18-2011, 08:56 PM
talking potty training my son tomorrow.. wish me luck... so far an hour or two without a diaper adn he has pottied fine with no accidents... he knows how, just is lazy
he is 31 months.

tyla
03-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Licia, Congratulations on potty training your son! That's a huge deal. Boys are harder to train. So hang in there.

Keep at this. And I will be back on Fat Smashers on Monday. It seems to help me to stay in control and feel full. I noticed when I started to eat cereal, I was hungrier.

Good luck to you.

Beila
03-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Hey dedicated, newmie, and tyla!

I've decided to start the Extreme Fat Smash Diet for 7 days (and maybe 14 days, repeating week 1). Today is day 1.

Can i join in on the posting here? In need of fat smash support buddies!

If you recall my previous post, I did EFS before with great results. I hope to get myself out of the 150's soon, and into 140's with this diet. I've been "stuck" for a while at my current weight, and ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

I know Extreme worked for me in the past, I'm tired of counting cals, just wanna do whatever Ian says. I know it works for me, so I'll try again.

Talk soon!

DEDIKAYTED
03-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Bella,

I will be here to cheer you on! I did 2 weeks of week one a few weeks ago. Just think in less than 14 days you WILL be 14x pounds!!!! :carrot:

See you on Day 1!

Beila
03-20-2011, 06:01 PM
I kinda went off today! Oops :( It's supposed to be day 2, but I ate a veggie burrito from Rubios's Mexican Grill. They were giving it as free lunches at the LA Marathon. Btw, I was a medical volunteer, not a runner. Just thought I should mention that, hehe!

I looked up the calories, and it's a whopping 760 calories or so! What the eff? Way too much for something that is supposed to be "healthy". The healthy version has like over 500 cals. I don't get fast food places. They are too much for me. Never eating at a fast food place again!

So what to do now... I'm thinking of just starting on day 2 tomorrow rather than restart day 1 all over again.

Has anyone experienced this before? What do you do when you "mess up"? Do you keep going on that day or restart the day or previous day?

I don't want to mess up this time. But to my credit, I did have my day's lunch planned, and I was going to have my own salad and fruit instead of what they had at the marathon. I do want to run next year though. Today's race was so inspiring...seeing so many people finish the race, in what i think is one of the worst weather conditions ever, it just poured rain all over LA today. So bad. I can't believe the people that managed to finish the race. Props to the racers!

I'll check in later to see how's everyone else doing on the FS diet!

Talk soon!

tyla
03-20-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm starting day over again tomorrow, Beila. Welcome to the group!

tyla
03-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Today is Day 1

Beila
03-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Hey tyla,
I'm doing day 1 over today as well. So far so good, just hungry though, but spacing meals out every 3 hours and having both of my snacks.

Are u doing the extreme fat smash?

Talk soon!

tyla
03-21-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm doing the original plan, whatever that's called. So far, so good.

PrimeTime
03-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Hey guys! I'm on my second week of the extreme fat smash diet. I lost 3lbs the first week and I hoping for another lost this week. I made some oatmeal cookies and they were awesomely filling. They didn't taste like the best cookies ever, but they did satisfy me and are keeping me full. Good Luck to everyone!!

Beila
03-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Day 1 is really difficult, I already had 2 mozzarella sticks, almonds, and dried cranberries as snacks. I don't think I should have eaten that much for snacks, but just trying to curb the hunger. Still need to workout for 65 min. Going to gym soon.

Primetime, good to see you here and congrats on 3 pounds lost! Hope to see u more often here as we can motivate each other.

Talk soon :)

DEDIKAYTED
03-21-2011, 06:41 PM
I made it through Extreme by making sure my 2 snacks were really filling. Sometimes instead of having 100 calories worth of almonds, I would have 1/3 dry measured cup of oatmeal or a 0% greek yogurt.

I dont get to have regular bread, but if I could - heck, I would go and get that Nature's Own 35 calorie bread...throw a couple slices of fat free deli turkey on it with a bunch of lettuce and tomato and have a sandwich for 100 calories!

Basically, you just need to make sure that you get the most filling food you can find. Whatever will fill you up.

I also would try to not eat my breakfast too early in the morning.. I basicaly would wait until I was really hungry. That way, my meals could be closer together..

For instance, sometimes I get to work at 6am. If I had my first meal at the time.... I would end up having all my meals too early. So all in all, you get 4 meals and 2 snacks.... so 6 minimeals altogether. If my eating schedule looked something like this, I would be happier:

11 am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 5:30pm, 7:00pm, 9:00pm

Just some of my "tricks" to make EFS easier 'for me' :)

Hope everyone has done well today!

Beila
03-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Hey Dedicated,
Thanks for the great tips! I'm really going to try them out! I don't eat meat, but do eat seafood, so if I can try making my snacks more filling like tuna fish sandwiches, I'll give it a try! Also I LOVE oatmeal with cinnamon, so I'll give that a try too! I think breakfast will be later in the day as well, since I'm not super hungry when I wake up anyways. So what plan of action are you doing now in terms of the diet? Have you started? I hope to see you more! Thanks for motivation!!

---

So for me today, I did ok.

Breakfast: 2 Egg whites and Apple
Snack 1: Almonds, Dried Cranberries, 1 mozzarella stick
Snack 2: 1 Mozzarella stick
Lunch: Spinach Salad with 3 Tablespoons lite dressing, a few baby carrots, 2 egg white hard boiled eggs
Dinner: 1/2 cup chickpeas 1/2 fennel bulb sauteed

Exercise: 65 min cardio-- treadmill running/fast walking, stairclimber

Hope everyone is doing well on their diets!
Talk soon!

DEDIKAYTED
03-22-2011, 06:58 AM
Hey Dedicated,
Thanks for the great tips! I'm really going to try them out! I don't eat meat, but do eat seafood, so if I can try making my snacks more filling like tuna fish sandwiches, I'll give it a try! Also I LOVE oatmeal with cinnamon, so I'll give that a try too! I think breakfast will be later in the day as well, since I'm not super hungry when I wake up anyways. So what plan of action are you doing now in terms of the diet? Have you started? I hope to see you more! Thanks for motivation!!

---

So for me today, I did ok.

Breakfast: 2 Egg whites and Apple
Snack 1: Almonds, Dried Cranberries, 1 mozzarella stick
Snack 2: 1 Mozzarella stick
Lunch: Spinach Salad with 3 Tablespoons lite dressing, a few baby carrots, 2 egg white hard boiled eggs
Dinner: 1/2 cup chickpeas 1/2 fennel bulb sauteed

Exercise: 65 min cardio-- treadmill running/fast walking, stairclimber

Hope everyone is doing well on their diets!
Talk soon!

Your meals look good! As for me,, I just finished taking a week's rest to try and RESET/RESTART my metabolism. I have exercised intensely for a while and I think I was heading right down the OVERTRAINING mode. So I gave my body a break. Plus, I started reading about calories, BMR, and all that good stuff because in the end, I really want to be able to eat without trying to stick to low low calories. I thank all the programs that have assisted me to get where I am but I got to the point where I was plateauing... I was exercising alot and losing very slowly so I decided to do a little research and figure things out. So anyway, right now, I am experimenting.. Trying to put into action what knowledge I did take in about eating the right calorie amounts. I will know very soon how everything works out. Don't get me wrong.. plans like Extreme are good for a change/shock to the system and it definitely got me past a plateau. However, I think staying at low calories for too long along with uping my exercise more and more may have started having negative effects on my progress. I wasn't gaining but I just wasn't going anywhere. So now, instead of desperately trying to find the next fix, I just wanted to for once and for all find out what works for me. I mean.. I'm dedicated to my goal.. I eat healthy... I exercise... so the bottom line is - I deserve to be at goal. There was something that I was doing wrong and I am determined to figure it out.

So anyway.. this is my 2nd week on the experiment.. I started upping my calories 8-9 days ago. I just started back exercising this week. It will take a little while to really see if things are working, but I will stay the course.

I guess I knew that things were not right because I know plenty of people who are in their 120s and 130s that eat way more calories than me, and exercised less and were still moving along towards their goal... And others who were maintaining their weight in the 120s and 130s were still eating more calories than me... So I guess I had to finally just turn the light switch on... For a long time, I just thought my body is "different" and I have to fight it til the end.... but I no longer think that is what it needs at all. It is not trying to fight me. I think it was trying to tell me how to get to where I wanted to go safely, but I just didn't want to listen. But now.. :) I think we (my body and I) have opened the lines of communication.. It talks, I listen... and we are about to be in a much happier place. ;)

I mean.. Let's face it.. I have to live in this body for a long time.. Can't put up a "for sale" sign and move on to a new address.. So instead.. I will remodel this one.....its worth the work ;) No more fighting.. It loves me and from now on, I am going to love it back.

Beila
03-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Hey dedicated,
Its frustrating when things aren't moving, but I'm glad you are trying to figure things out and that you are still eating healthy and exercising. Sometimes I feel like that's what we have to do to maintain anyways, and if u look around and see what other people do, it is probably the case for a lot of people. To lose the weight, its those extra things you can do that will count. I guess figuring out what makes you maintain first is important. Also if ur metabolism is messed up from extremely low cal diets, I would up the cals and continue to exercise at the same intensity as before and see if that works. Or you can "zig zag" your cal intake, like 1200 one day and 1400 the next, and keep switching it up. I read that this way, ur body's metabolism gets moving again if u were stuck before.

Hope you figure it all out!

PrimeTime
03-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks Beila! Here is an update of what's going on:

So far pretty good. I'm down 1.8lbs for the week and still have 5 days to go!
Yesterday I had:

Gym time: 60 mins and 20 min of weight training

Breakfast: 1 mixed berry smoothie w/1/2 an apple
Snack: Fat smashers granola(awesome)
Lunch: Lemon pepper Tuna w/ steamed veggie mix(has blacks beans in it)
Snack: 1/2 of an Apple and a serving of cashews
Dinner: Fat Smashers Layered Dip Wrapped in Lettuce for crunch
(Spicey brown rice/fat free refried beans/1/2 a cup of chicken
shreds/Sliced bell peppers with cumin and garlic salt!) <--so good!

How are you guys doing???

Tonyia
03-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Going to restart Fat Smash again! When I started it last yr it was what kicked off my better/healthier lifestyle because it was full of foods that I could eat and loved to eat. So now all I have to do is recommit myself.

Dunno if I will do the detox part though as I don't really feel I need it at this time but if getting back on track seems harder than it should I will get back on the detox.

Now I just need to find the food lists again. I had them on my old computer but it died :(

Beila
03-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Hey toniya! Get the book, its probably really cheap on amazon if u get it used. And while u wait for the book to arrive, just do some version of the foods you remember. Or look online for some of the foods.

Primetime, the bell peppers sounds so good! I'm gonna try that today. Spices are so key to making my meals taste good, I had my chickpeas and fennel with curry powder, cayenne, and garlic powder last night and it was so good! Sauteed it with olive oil.

Today I have to do 2 rounds of exercise, 45 min in the morning and 40 in the evening. Sighhh..I'll give it my best!

Talk soon!

PrimeTime
03-22-2011, 01:50 PM
wow, twice a day! You go girl! I need to start doing two-a-days, but I might save that for when I plateau that way I'll have something to change...

Beila
03-22-2011, 02:41 PM
I know in the past, I always lose weight after a two-a-day of working out. Try it sometime! Even if the second one is just fast walking for 45min to an hour. It really works for me!

Beila
03-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Here's how my Day #2 has gone so far...not very good though:

Breakfast: 6 oz yogurt, 1/3 cup blueberries
Snack: 1/2 pear
Meal 2: Spinach Salad, dried cranberries, 2 Tablespoons raspberry vinagrette with 1 teaspon dijon mustard, 1 celery stick, 5 abbay carots, 12 almonds, 1 mozzarella stick, 1 garden burger, 1 small avocado with drizzle of olive oil.
Meal 3: SKIPPING (was supposed to be fish and 2 servings of vegetables)
Snack: 1/2 small apple, 1 kiwi
Meal 4: Dinner will be 4 ounces of fish 1 serving of vegetables (was supposed to be 1/2 cup rice (for gammas), and 1/2 cup chick peas).

Exercise: 30 min treadmill run/walk, and 30 min elliptical machine. I still need to do 25 min later tonight of some type of cardio.

I think Meal 2 was too much, thus why I skipped meal 3. I know i shouldn't skip meals, but was starving at meal #2. I'll just have to stay on track tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!

DEDIKAYTED
03-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Here's how my Day #2 has gone so far...not very good though:

Breakfast: 6 oz yogurt, 1/3 cup blueberries
Snack: 1/2 pear
Meal 2: Spinach Salad, dried cranberries, 2 Tablespoons raspberry vinagrette with 1 teaspon dijon mustard, 1 celery stick, 5 abbay carots, 12 almonds, 1 mozzarella stick, 1 garden burger, 1 small avocado with drizzle of olive oil.
Meal 3: SKIPPING (was supposed to be fish and 2 servings of vegetables)
Snack: 1/2 small apple, 1 kiwi
Meal 4: Dinner will be 4 ounces of fish 1 serving of vegetables (was supposed to be 1/2 cup rice (for gammas), and 1/2 cup chick peas).

Exercise: 30 min treadmill run/walk, and 30 min elliptical machine. I still need to do 25 min later tonight of some type of cardio.

I think Meal 2 was too much, thus why I skipped meal 3. I know i shouldn't skip meals, but was starving at meal #2. I'll just have to stay on track tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!

Were you able to get your 2nd workout in yesterday? How's it going?

Beila
03-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Hey Dedikayted,
No, i ended up staying at home and finishing up some work. BUT! I did an AM workout this morning, I jogged for 45 min and burned 400 cals! And today I'm going to do another workout, probably 1 hour of cardio, which is what I'm supposed to do anyways.

Today is going well. Staying on track to the diet, PERFECTLY!

I am having 1/2 cup chickpeas w/ 1/2 cup brown rice, and it tastes soo good! I cook the chickpeas with curry powder, onion powder and other spices and it reminds me of Indian food!

How's your day going? Have you decided what to do about your diet yet?

Hope to hear from ya!

DEDIKAYTED
03-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Hey Bella.

Yep. I am still "on plan" of trying to eat at the "correct" calorie levels. I am still hanging in there! TOM is hanging around for another day or so, so I next week I will get to see real results of whats going on! Can't wait. ;)

You are doing very well on plan! Keep at it!

Beila
03-24-2011, 01:03 AM
Hey Dedicated! Thanks for cheering me on! TOM is bad for me, I didn't lose weight those weeks. But even with exercise and dieting, I still just maintain during that time. Oh well.

So Here's Day 3. It actually is getting easier! I don't crave as many foods as I used to.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, 1/3 cup blueberries, 1/2 apple w/ cinnamon, green tea
Meal 2: Protein Smoothie (with strawberries, raspberries, 1/2 banana, bit of almond milk, rice protein powder, green powder)
Snack: Carrots with 2 tablespoons low fat dressing and dijon mustard
Meal 3: 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup chickpeas cooked with onions and curry powder
Meal 4: 4 oz baked fish, sweet potato, beet salad with balsalmic vinagrette and red onion

Exercise: 45 min jog/walk in AM; 65 min elliptical / stairclimber in PM

I'm so full after meal 4! This is amazing! I hope I'm losing weight. I can't imagine I did after today, since I ate so much food. I mean, the food alone must be like 3-4 pounds! I don't know, whatever!

Hope everyone else is doing good today! Hope to see more fat smashers here!
Btw, i finished reading Dr. Ian's newest book "4-day diet" and although I don't think I can do the diet, I think the first half of the book (first 100 pages) is really motivating and helps you mentally prepare for the challenges of starting a weight loss program. I really like his style of writing too! He's to the point! Anyways, if you have a chance, check it out. I borrowed mine from the library.

Talk soon!

PrimeTime
03-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Hey guys, I'm feeling a little discouraged and I only lost 2lbs. It's not the end of the week but I do my weeks from thurs-thurs because that's when I weigh in. In the two weeks that i've been on the fat smash diet I've only lost 5lbs. which isn't bad I guess. I guess it is time for me to start doing SECOND WORKOUTS! But before I try that, I'm really going to come down hard on my timed eating because I do space my meals out, but I could do better... Or, it could be that my sodium intake is just ridiculous....idk.

Also I had the best oatmeal ever today. It's called overnight oatmeal and it is so good. You use 1/2 cup of oats, 1/2 silk vanilla milk, 1/4 a cup of nf yougurt plain is best, a little honey, frozen berries--Mix and put in the fridge overnight! ugh it is soooo good!

I am excited about my lunch today, I'm having spicy lentils with tomatoes and shredded chicken...yum!:) How are you guys doing?

Beila
03-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Hey prime time,
Don't be discouraged, I would be thrilled to lose 2 pounds per week! It's really hard for me to lose weight, even doing EVERYTHING perfectly with diet and exercise. That's why I do the "gamma" plan for extreme FS AND I do extra exercise than required by gammas. Sometimes I blame it on my body chemistry, my slow metabolism, or genes. IDK...I guess what I'm saying is that everyone is going to expect larger weight loss numbers based on past personal experiences or what the books or science says, but we have VERY complex bodies that don't always work the way we want it to. This week maybe you won't lose as much, but next week maybe you lose even more! Who knows. Just stay on track and you will get there!

---

So far day #4 is going well. My body feels great! Digesting well, and loving the plan. Today seems to be a "low" cal day, so I will have to take advantage of my free snacks and allowances for the day. Its a rest day but as a "gamma", I need to do 50 min cardio.

Will check in later!

PrimeTime
03-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks! I should actually follow the plan to the T because I've just been eating what I'm supposed to and not following exactly! But you're right I should just stay positive. Have you weighed yourself yet?

Beila
03-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Hey Prime Time, yeah i weighed myself each day, and I'm losing weight! Each day I can expect 0.5 pounds loss. So I'm about 150.0 now. It's really an encouragement each day, cause I need to stay motivated to eat and exercise the way the diet calls for. It just makes me feel like it's paying off every morning when I weigh in. :)

About following the plan, I would follow it to a T and in case if you falter, at least you know you did your best. It's like driving in the dark if you're not following the plan--you're likely to go off track and not get to where you want to be. For me, I went with the strictest plan on EFS and I still go "off" here and there, and don't feel so bad about it since I gave myself some room to slack. Know what i mean?

---

Here's my Day #4 on EFS:

Breakfast: 6 oz nonfat greek yogurt, 1/3 cup blueberries, green tea
Meal 2: Fruit smoothie with 1 cup berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries), 1tsp green powder, 1 tsp rice protein powder
Meal 3: Small Beet salad with balsalmic vinagrette, and large Kale salad (with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, 2 tsp eggless mayo, 1 tsp dijon mustard).
Snack: 1 mozzarella cheese stick, 1 small apple
Snack: 2 celery sticks with 1 tsp almond butter
Meal 4: 1 garden burger, 1/2 cup brown rice with sauteed onions and 2 chopped celery sticks, hot lemon water

Exercise: 60 min treadmill run / fastwalk

---

Feeling good, but might get hungry again tonight. I hope I can hang in there and not eat anymore. I have pickes in the fridge if I need a snack. This diet makes me very "regular" and I'm hoping that it's due to my metabolism coming back to life. I felt like it was nonexistent in the last 2 months.

How's everyone else on their diets?

Talk soon!

PrimeTime
03-25-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm treating today like a light day. Today I had a 1/2 a cup of oatmeal and fruit and I'm going to have veggie salad for lunch and probably a fruit smoothie for dinner! Maybe on tuesday when I check myself i'll be happy with the results. I go to the gym for 60 min but in that time I burn 700-800 cals and then afterwards I weight train. So, I don't really go by the minutes, I go by the calories I burn. You are doing so well on this program girl! You know what you want and you're going after it!:)

Beila
03-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Today is day 5, its tough this morning, feeling tired and I have to do 2 workouts, an am and pm today, 40 minute each. Plus I have to shop for food for 2 weeks. No weightloss this morning :( but at least I am still at 150. I've lost 1 pound so far. Gonna aim for 2 more pounds by monday.

Primetime, you burn lots of cals! What do u usually do for cardio at the gym to achieve that?
Your light day seems so little, good luck with that! I feel like my light meal days are too little for me. Last night I eneded up eating half a frozen juice bar and a cup of hot chocolate and a kiwi fruit after dinner. Just feel hungry at 8:30pm if I have dinner at 7.

Sorry if I sound cranky, I guess the food and cravings are kicking in. Really wanting carbs today :(

PrimeTime
03-25-2011, 03:28 PM
I run on the treadmil at 5.2-5.3 for 15 min. After I don that I put the treadmil on a hill at 10.5 and walk between 3.6-4.0....it is wonderful. I burn calories and it's easier on my knees and I get done with burning my calories faster.

I get you, it's ok. I angry most of the time when I'm on a diet because I can't see results fast enough. When I'm hungry I fix this snack and it coats my stomach and softens the hunger pains: 1/2 cup of oatmeal 1 teaspoon of an egg white a dash of cinnamon a dash of salt, 3 lines of honey mix and then I eat! It's soooooooooooooooooo goood:)

PrimeTime
03-25-2011, 03:47 PM
on yeah and for the past 47 days of me being on a diet/ because I just started fat smash 2 weeks ago. I've only lost roughly 15lbs..I feel like that is way to slow..isn't it?

Beila
03-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Primetime, I ddont think that's slow, I have been exercising dieting since the beginning of january, and barely lost 5 pounds! Of course I was going about it the wrong way, but I'm just glad that EFS works. It has been the only diet plan that has worked for me. Calorie counting doesn't work for me, I gain the weight back within a few days.

Beila
03-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Day #5 was really bad. I binged here and there, but I really tried to stay on track with meals and I did do the exercise, although not with the intensity that I hoped to do. Also, I gained 1.5 pounds! Ughhh, so frustrating after losing 1 pound after the first 3 days. Hopefully it's just water weight.

Day #6 is today. I really want to see results by the end of cylce 1 so gonna try to stick to the diet to a T.

How is everyone else doing?

Talk soon!

DEDIKAYTED
03-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Don't dwell on the setbacks. Just keep going! Stay focused, it will pay off ;)

Beila
03-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Day #6:

Today was so so again. I ended up binging, AGAIN! But i got back on the wagon... here's how it went today:

Breakfast: 2 eggwhite veggie omlet, coffee with almond milk
Meal 2: Fruit Smoothie (1 cup of mixed berries, 1 cup almond milk, rice protein and green powder)
Meal 3: BINGED :( had 5 tosted spelt tortillas with cinnamon and sugar :(
Snack: Baby carrots with 1T mustard and eggless mayo mixed together, 1/2 frozen fruit juice bar, 1 boild egg white
Meal 4: 4 oz salmon 1 cup brown rice, 1 serving of peas

Exercise: 75 min of exercise on stairclimber

------

I weighed in this morning and although it showed I gained weight since yesterday, I'm not gonna let it deter me. I thought about binging tonight, but I'm gonna restrain! It's hard, all I think about is binging, but I'm gonna be strong. Day 7 is tomorrow, a new cycle starts monday, and weigh-in on monday! I hope i lose more tomorrow and on monday.

Talk soon! Thanks for reading! :)

PrimeTime
03-27-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't think your binging is as serious as you think it is. When I binge I go all out. Not to say that what you did wasn't bad, but I WOULD NOT consider that a binge. I binged on friday, and i'll never do it again! I got so full that I didn't even enjoy it. Normally every friday I allow myself to have one cheat meal of what ever I want. Usually, I'll just buy cheesecake and make a really good meal. This was my Binge: Half of a loaf of french bread with pesto sauce, tomatoes and italian style cheese, 5 chicken tenders, cheesecake, 4 chocolate chip cookies! <---awful I know. But on saturday I worked out for 4hrs. 2hrs in the morning and 2hrs at night burning a total of 3000 cals. On tues, I'll see if there is still any damage from friday...but idk. I SAID ALL OF THAT TO SAY: you still are doing great! And that you don't know how to binge correctly haha jk.

PrimeTime
03-27-2011, 08:29 PM
I also just had the BEST MEAL EVER!! I made stuffed Bell Peppers. I boiled the bell pepper in water until tender. I also made spice brown rice and I chopped and put tomatoes in the rice. I stuffed the peppers with brown rice, fat free refried beans. The majority of the bell peppers were filled with brown rice. I split a serving of fat free refried between the two of my bell peppers and I put it in the oven on 425, baked for 8-12min...sprinkled mozzerella cheese on top a half a serving between the two! It was sooooo good! I ate one and was satisfied so I saved the other one for later! Yum!

bbobsgrl
03-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Hi everyone ~ I'm back to fatsmashing...today is Day 1. I'm really excited because I know for sure that it works. Does anyone know what happened to all of the fatsmash recipes that were on this site a few years ago?

PrimeTime
03-28-2011, 12:31 PM
yeah, there is a thread called fat smash and theres a woman on there who posts a link. I would go get it for you, but I'm on my phone...I'll look up later, if you don't find it! Good Luck on your first day!!

PrimeTime
03-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi everyone ~ I'm back to fatsmashing...today is Day 1. I'm really excited because I know for sure that it works. Does anyone know what happened to all of the fatsmash recipes that were on this site a few years ago?

Here you go!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-...t-recipes-212/

PrimeTime
03-31-2011, 07:56 AM
Ok so today is weigh-in day and I'm so worried that if I don't make my goal, that i'm just going to end up doing a bing:(. I also said that no matter what this weekend that I was going to do 30-60 min of weight training if I didn't make my goal. either way, when get to work, we have a scale in the staff kitchen and that determines how my weekend goes!!!! fingers are crossed!!!

PrimeTime
03-31-2011, 08:39 AM
ugh i'm only at 193.8, was at 195.8...that's barely 2lbs. Next week i'm starting over for Cycle 1, but I think i'm going to try the Y plan. I might also stick to the exact plan for each day next week as it appears in the book.

Beila
03-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey primetime,
I'm restarting cycle 1 today, and doing Y (gamma) plan and doing everything to a T. That's the only way I will have results I believe. Last week, if I cheated just a little, despite doing all the gamma exercising, I only lost half a pound. So gonna restart with full force! Let's encourage each other along the way!

My starting weight now is 153.5. Hoping to lose 4 pounds this next 7 days. Hope it works!!

PrimeTime
03-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Awesome, I'm restarting on Sunday, I'm not taking a break from dieting but I am going to be eating freely within limits friday and saturday. Hopefully I see more progress! And yes, we should encourage each other! I really hope next week I can hit the 4lb mark.

Beila
03-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Awesome, I'm restarting on Sunday, I'm not taking a break from dieting but I am going to be eating freely within limits friday and saturday. Hopefully I see more progress! And yes, we should encourage each other! I really hope next week I can hit the 4lb mark.

Hey PrimeTime, i don't know if this helps, but what I also do in my free time, if bored, I go online and read all the good reviews on Amazon about the book, and how so many people lost 4 pounds in their first week. It's really motivating! Also, I strongly encourage you to stay on plan, and don't go beyond what the book says to do. Last week, I would cheat here and there, not insanely though, and I didn't see results, like only half a pound lost. The Y gamma plan is what I'm doing, and I'll probably end up doing even more exercise than called for, like 15-30 min extra each day, just to make sure I'm doing enough cardio.

LET'S SMASH THE FAT!!!

PrimeTime
03-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Well, it's not that I don't do they plan. But, I do follow the days exactly! Do I have to eat what the book says for that day? I'm eating the food on the plan just not in any particular grouping or order! But yeah, i'll go look at the book reviews that sounds very helpful.

PrimeTime
03-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Oh gosh, I was reading some of the reviews and I need to go back and read the plan again because the only reason I have been only losing 2lbs a week is because I've been eating a little more than what I was supposed to:( Yikes! As I'm reading, I have alot of things to re-evaluate! Thanks for the tip!

Beila
03-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Oh gosh, I was reading some of the reviews and I need to go back and read the plan again because the only reason I have been only losing 2lbs a week is because I've been eating a little more than what I was supposed to:( Yikes! As I'm reading, I have alot of things to re-evaluate! Thanks for the tip!

Are you doing Extreme or Regular Fat Smash? I don't remember what the regular calls for in terms of size, but the Extreme does emphasize quantity, like 4 ounces of fish = checkbook, 1 serving of veggies = small fist, etc. I have been using my measuring cups for everything. Yeah, the portions are small, but if you eat every 2 hours, you won't be hungry. And eat the "free snacks" or add them to your meals for more substance.

PrimeTime
03-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Yeah I need to do that and I'm doing the extreme fat smash diet right now. I should pay closer attention.

Beila
03-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Just finished eating / exercising for Day #1. Here's how it went...

Day 1:

Breakfast: 2 egg whites, small apple, 1 large cup coffee w/ creamer
Meal 2: 1 cup fruit (1/2 pear, 1 kiwi, blueberries)
Snack 1: Baby carrots w/ lowfat dressing
Meal 3: Small Kale Salad, 3 T yogurt
Snack 2: 1/2 pear, 1 pickle
Meal 4: 1/2 cup curried chickpeas, 1 serving of veggies w/ tomato sauce, 1 hard boiled egg white
Dessert: I know not allowed...oh well...1/3 cup yogurt with coconut flakes

Exercise: 70 min of cardio (treadmill 30 min, 40 min stairclimber)

-----

I hope I don't eat for the rest of today. I know I didn't drink enough water, so if I get hungry I guess I'll just be having water, maybe with some lemon.

I just want day 1 to be over with, hoping to lose a pound by tomorrow. Sorry I'm grumpy. lol

PrimeTime
04-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Wow that food sounds pretty awsome! did you get hungry! If you keep this up you'll lose 4lbs for sure!

I think i'm going to get a bag of carrots and dip them in spicy honey mustard. instead of fat free dressing. or regular mustard, because following the plan to a T, I'm gonna need carrots pickles and all the egg whites I can get. I'm always hungry lol!

Good job on ur first day! I'll have a food/program update for u on sunday!!

Keep it up!

Beila
04-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Prime time,

Just thought I'd share some tips since this is my second, (or third) go around of this cycle this year!

The food is not that great, but spices make all the difference. For example, the chickpeas cooked with a little almond milk and curry powder, parsley, cayenne pepper, flakes, smallest tad of butter, dash of salt, makes a nice indian dish! Also, for my yogurt and oatmeal, i put cinnamon (which also boosts metabolism 20x supposedly). When I have to munch, (usually while I cook) the carrots and celery sticks come in handy. It also fills me up before I eat the meal I cook. The pickles are a free snack, but I try to only eat one every 3 days or so cause they have tons of salt and will make you bloated and not show weight loss from the water retention. Adding one hard boiled egg to foods also tastes good, like in coocked veggies, the salads, or cooked into oatmeal. My favorite snack is popcorn! I buy it in the bag already popped. It's like my binge food, since I can eat almost 2 cups for the 100 cal snacks! Day 1 is tough, but each day after gets so much easier.

Good luck!

Beila
04-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Hey all, how we smashin?

So here's how my day 2 went:

Breakfast: 6 oz greek yogurt, 1 apple
Meal 2: small spinach salad with 3T lowfat dressing, grape tomatoes, 1 persian cucumber
Snack 1: baby carrots
Meal 3: 4 oz baked salmon, 1/2 cup curried chick peas
Snack 2: big bag of popcorn (I know its too much, should have had only one serving, but I ended up having 4!)
Meal 4: 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 serving veggies
Snack 3: not allowed, but was hungry again...1/2 cup yogurt 1/2 banana

Exercise: 50 min jog/walk in AM, 40 min elliptical in PM

---

I feel like I cheated to much yesterday seeing the extra food I ate. Today I'm just going to try to stay on track and follow the diet to a T, I didn't lose weight since yesterday, and feel bad about the cheating. I hope to lose a pound by tomorrow so I gotta stay on track today.

Will report day 3 later!

PrimeTime
04-02-2011, 08:56 PM
The extra food you had wasn't that bad, but maybe instead of having yougurt make this: cup of berries that are frozen, but them in the blender with vanilla soy milk light spoon of honey. It really hits the spot!

cheat weekend is coming to a close! I went to the gym to burn off my cals from the buffet I went to on friday. I burned 2100 cals doing cardio at thr gym and lifted weights for 40 min. As of today I haven't gained any weight. I was OUT OF CONTROL!! It's back to the grind on sunday!!

Beila
04-02-2011, 09:04 PM
The extra food you had wasn't that bad, but maybe instead of having yougurt make this: cup of berries that are frozen, but them in the blender with vanilla soy milk light spoon of honey. It really hits the spot!

cheat weekend is coming to a close! I went to the gym to burn off my cals from the buffet I went to on friday. I burned 2100 cals doing cardio at thr gym and lifted weights for 40 min. As of today I haven't gained any weight. I was OUT OF CONTROL!! It's back to the grind on sunday!!

2100 cals! That's insane! what do you do to get to that amount? Like how long? So stoked for you to start tomorrow! The food is better Day 3 (today for me)! Thanks for the berry smothie trick! That should hold me over next tmie!

PrimeTime
04-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Girl I made myself stay at the gym for 3 and a half hours I figured if the ppl on biggest loser can so it, so can I! They usually do it for 5hrs! I decided to binge so, I should decide to stay at the gym. I am determined to lose weight. This time around I have resolved to hold myself accountable for working out. Normally if I binge, I dnt work out, what's the point right? I realized there is a point. I can it what ever I want, I'm just going to have to WORK.

Also, for the smoothie if you want it to be bigger add ice cubes. but normally I use frozen berries.

I had pizza today and fee really guilty. But as long as the scale doesn't change, I'm good. Tomorrow morning I'm hittin the gym hard and fat smashing harder!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!

Beila
04-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Girl I made myself stay at the gym for 3 and a half hours I figured if the ppl on biggest loser can so it, so can I! They usually do it for 5hrs! I decided to binge so, I should decide to stay at the gym. I am determined to lose weight. This time around I have resolved to hold myself accountable for working out. Normally if I binge, I dnt work out, what's the point right? I realized there is a point. I can it what ever I want, I'm just going to have to WORK.

Also, for the smoothie if you want it to be bigger add ice cubes. but normally I use frozen berries.

I had pizza today and fee really guilty. But as long as the scale doesn't change, I'm good. Tomorrow morning I'm hittin the gym hard and fat smashing harder!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!

There's another smoothie recipe on here and other really awesome ones to help you next week!

CHECK IT OUT!!! I'm sooo stoked about making some of these!
http://www.thismamacooks.com/extremefatsmashrecipes

She even puts the calorie amounts.

You're such a trooper to workout BL style! I have tried, the best I could do is like 1100 cals at the gym for 2 hours. Also, maybe breaking it up would help too, like do the workout AM and PM so it gives you after burn affect. I'm gonna try to do that tomorrow. I just got Jillian's 6 week abs DVD from the library, gonna try that every other day next week.:carrot:

Beila
04-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Hey so here's how day 3 went, not so bad, actually without the snacks, its a lot of food for me:

Breakfast: oatmeal with eggwhite cooked in, small apple, large cup coffee
Meal 2: fruit berry smoothie, 1/2 banana, tsp rice protein powder, tsp green powder
Meal 3: curried chickpeas with brown rice
Meal 4: 4 oz salmon baked, small sweet potato, 1 serving green beans medley
Snack: 1/2 cup yogurt with frozen berries and half banana

Exercise: 80 min cardio machines ( treadmill, elliptical, stairclimber), burned 650 cals

----

Day 4 is today, and its a low cal day, hope to get through this. Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it! Btw, I lost another pound, so in 3 days lost 2.5 pounds!

Primetime--how u doin?

PrimeTime
04-03-2011, 07:32 PM
wow that's is a lot but it's amazing how that doesn't really matter!

I had overnight oatmeal with berries for breakfast.

I had a bowl of broccoli with soy sauce.

snack: apple and a granola bar

dinner: berry smoothie

I may have a bowl of lentils at 8 or something idk, probably not. I can't weigh myself until tues, so we will see how everything is working.

I didn't go to the gym this morning, I had a terrible tooth and ache and then had work. I ran for 30 min with a friend. Tomorrow morning, I'm just going to hit the gym harder!

PrimeTime
04-03-2011, 07:33 PM
*Tooth ache

Beila
04-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Ughh day 4 is over! Not eating anymore tonight!

Here's my Day 4:

Breakfast: 6 oz yogurt, frozen berries, large coffee with creamer
Meal 2: skipped (supposed to be smoothie)
Meal 3: large veggie salad with hard boiled egg white and a crab salad (crab from can mixed with eggless mayo and mustard--doesn't taste as good as the fresh real deal)
Snack 1: BINGED! Boooooo! 5-6 servings of puffed popcorn (like pirates booty)
Meal 4: skipped (was supposed to be veggie patty with brown rice)

Exercise: 70 min cardio machines ( treadmill, elliptical, stairs), 630 cals burned

So I binged and skipped like 2 meals. Today didn't go well, hopefully the cals won't make much of a difference. I just wish I ate healthy stuff instead of crap! I'm mad at myself because I kept thinking to myself since last night "don't binge, don't binge" and there I go and get my groceries and grabbed popcorn to binge on. Well I am learning not to go too far and to be better with my diet. I guess I can be proud of the fact that I didn't buy candy or chocolates or other crap that is much worse than popcorn.

Onto day 5 tomorrow, no more sulking. Thanks for reading!

Beila
04-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Primetime, overnight oatmeal sounds good! Hoe do u make it? Also don't worry if you can makeup the exercise the very next day, I think you'll be fine! I do that too sometimes! Good job on the diet!

PrimeTime
04-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm looking forward to my Binge on Friday lol, that's the only thing that's keeping me on track. Tomorrow morning we will see how well...

Overnight Oatmeal: 1/2 cup of Oatmeal- 1/2 cup of vanilla soy milk or low fat milk of your choice. 1/4 a cup of nf yogurt or greek yogurt. Mix in a little honey and frozen berries. Let it sit overnight and eat in the morning. No need to cook the oats!

I completely understand ur need to binge. I deal with that everyday. That's why I plan one. I worked out this morning burned 605 and workpout my abs for 15 min.

I'm about to have a bowl of broccoli and soy sauce...loove it!

Beila
04-04-2011, 09:00 PM
hey Prime time,
I hope you're surviving Day 2! Day 3 has more food, just you wait :)

I'm not doing well on Day 5 (Today)...ughhh, just stress from work and dealing with people over email. I hate when people on email sound so rude or supset at you for no reason.

Anyways, here's how it's going so far..

Day 5:
Breakfast: Eggwhite omlette (spinach, green bell peppers, jalepeno) with salsa, 1 small apple
Snack 1: 2 cups popcorn (again! it's gone now), raisins (binged on them, don't know how many i ate!)
Snack 2: 1/2 cup yogurt and 1/2 cup frozen berries
Meal 2: 1/2 cup Brown rice

I haven't exercised yet, but will go to the gym at night I guess after the traffic dies down. I'm supposed to do 2 workouts, 45 min each, but I guess I'll just have to do it all at once. Just a stressful day. Plus I gained a little bit of weight, so now I'm like 151.5.

PrimeTime
04-04-2011, 09:41 PM
what is it that you do? People do things to get a rise out of you or they have something else going on so they use you to take it out on. If I were you, I would remain professional about the situation. oh and I felt like binging hard core today because I didn't get into my grad schools that I applied to. I have one more and I'm meeting with them tomorrow to discuss admission.

I think I ate a lot today but less than I was before, so maybe I will lose more but this what I had:

Snack before work out: mini granola bar

Snack after workout: apple crisp bar

Breakfast- bowl of broccoli with soy sauce

Lunch: 1/2 lentils with tomatoes and carrots mixed in

Snack: apple crisp bar with an apple

extra snack: carrots and a serving of honey mustard

Dinner: 4oz chicken 1/2 sweet potato

Beila
04-04-2011, 09:48 PM
primetime, it was an email from this volunteer coordinator. she was just a b*tch about my schedule. i'm volunteering at a hospital for experience to get into PA school. the grad school process is hard, but you'll get through it with determination. I'm also going through that right now. best wishes to you through these hard times. just remember to keep the emotions separate (i should be talking to myself!), and the binging emotions will stay away and you won't binge. please don't fall off track, just stay determined :) I'm supporting you here!

PrimeTime
04-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks! I know we can do it, it's the getting their that sucks! However, this is the longest I've managed to stay on a diet since sophomore year of college. I used to weigh 235, since that time, i've managed to keep my weight between 200-210. Usually on the 6th week I forget the diet because I start to feel better. So, I think going on this diet is the best thing and I never would've considered it until coming on 3FC.

Beila
04-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Hey, so I think I'm done exercising/dieting for today (Day 5). I managed to do about 70 min of cardio machines at the gym (only 400 cals burned).

Just a reminder to all out there...DRINK YOUR H2O!!

It's soo important. I think I only had like 2-3 cups of water today, and my weight just ballooned to 153 post evening workout. That's really bad. Plus I skipped my last 2 meals (out of 4) and ate sugary quasi healthy snacks: banana, binged on raisins, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.

Anyways....don't forget....DRINK YOUR H2O!!

Dr. Ian's right about that.

Prime time, i agree, EFS is the best thing for me. The key to success on it though is following it to a T. Seriously, I've noticed the scale go the wrong way when I didn't follow it.

Beila
04-05-2011, 01:13 AM
I'm looking forward to my Binge on Friday lol, that's the only thing that's keeping me on track. Tomorrow morning we will see how well...

Overnight Oatmeal: 1/2 cup of Oatmeal- 1/2 cup of vanilla soy milk or low fat milk of your choice. 1/4 a cup of nf yogurt or greek yogurt. Mix in a little honey and frozen berries. Let it sit overnight and eat in the morning. No need to cook the oats!

I completely understand ur need to binge. I deal with that everyday. That's why I plan one. I worked out this morning burned 605 and workpout my abs for 15 min.

I'm about to have a bowl of broccoli and soy sauce...loove it!

Do you use instant oatmeal (from a packet) or from the box/bulk type (rolled oats cook on stove)? I don't have instant :( I'm trying it tonight cause I have to rush tomorrow morning. Hope it works with the rolled oats!

Also, I just had a bowl of broccolie and soy sauce and steamed shrimp, BOY that was good! Like chinese food!

PrimeTime
04-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I used rolled oats, not instant packets! Oh and as of today because I binged both days friday and saturday i'm 0.6 up from my weight last week on tues. After I went to the gym on Saturday morning, I weighed the same, so I positive it was saturday night's binge that did it! Mainly because I didn't go workout at the gym. friday I went to a buffet and saturday I was out of control. I may just go back to the binge I always did on friday, which was make a good meal and have dessert instead of the buffet ( haha). However, I am positive that if I would've worked out sunday morning like I did saturday morning, my weight would've stayed the same. Or I may just hold off until easter weekend, I'm not sure exactly! ugh:/

I don't now how you're gaining weight so quickly! That doesn't make sense!

Beila
04-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Hey primetime, I don't understand what the heck is going on with my weight either, like I am 152.5 this am. Wtf??

Sun was 151
Mon was 151.5

I didn't really eat that much. Oh well, I guess I just need to focus on drinking more water, that may be the problem.

Btw, my overnight oatmeal was awesome! Tasted better than regular cold cereal!

PrimeTime
04-05-2011, 10:20 AM
I looooove it soooooo much! This morning even though it's a heavier day, I decided to be on the light side. I had nf plain yogurt with honey and berries. My plan is to work out harder today at the gym and make up for lost time.

PrimeTime
04-05-2011, 09:45 PM
omg! I am so excited about this apple bake i'm going to make, just as soon as the fish i'm making which by the way is only 62 calories comes out of the oven. I covered it with tomatoes and bell peppers, lemon pepper and spices....yum!!!

Beila
04-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Ughh, today has just been awful. Just binging all day. Not really eating right, and I don't feel like exercising this late. It's been busy today, and was upset still about yesterday's emotional upset. I have to learn not to mix my emotions with food. I guess tomorrow's a new day.

PrimeTime
04-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Beila!! You've got to push girl. When you feel like giving up look at how far you've come! You don't want to ruin all that hard work! I'm sorry that you ended up binging, BUT you are right, tomorrow is a new day! Hold yourself accountable for today and work harder! I would kill to be ur size! I'm 5'6 194.4! *Ru Paul voice:YOU BETTA WORK!!!!!! lol

Beila
04-06-2011, 09:44 PM
hey primetime, yeah, I've just been binging every day! I can't seem to quit it. I need to think about how hard I've worked and where I want to be. Thanks for the support. I hope i can quit binging starting right now. :(

PrimeTime
04-06-2011, 11:29 PM
oh lord! just restart friday! give urself another day to regroup

PrimeTime
04-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Right now I'm 192.4. I have decided not to over indulge my binges and to only do them every 15lbs!! I don't get to move my ticker until 5lbs are lost each time.

This morning I had my apple bake hot for breakfast
and granola bar for snack
for lunch I'm having a bowl of broccoli with cheese and soy sauce
for snack i'm going to have fruit N yogurt
not sure what I'm going to have for dinner yet, but it will probably be fish!! yum!!!

Beila!! What's going on with ya???

Let in the Slim
04-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi Everyone

I am new to the Smash Diet. I would like to thank Beila for the suggestion. I read one of your posts under another thread.

I am on day 3 of the original Fat Smash diet and I love it. I'm so sick of eating meat for protein, so this is great for me. I am currently suffering from a cold which is not interested in leaving, so I haven't started exercising. However, I have lost about 5 lbs so far. I eat the same thing everyday, pretty much, but I have NO cravings for junk. I even took my daughter to a birthday party and didn't have cake! That is HUGE for me!

Beila - can I make a suggestion? There is a book by Judith Beck called "The Beck Diet Solution - train your brain to think like a thin person". Essentially it is about the psychology of dieting. Each day there is a new tip / exercise for you to complete. eg - Day 1 - create Advantage Cards - there is a list of statements that you prioritize or create your own. Rank them by priority. Carry them with you. When you feel the need to eat something detrimental to your diet, pull them out and read them. I find they help. My number 1 reason for losing weight is "I will like myself better". That stops me in my tracks from eating garbage.

PrimeTime
04-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Hi Everyone

I am new to the Smash Diet. I would like to thank Beila for the suggestion. I read one of your posts under another thread.

I am on day 3 of the original Fat Smash diet and I love it. I'm so sick of eating meat for protein, so this is great for me. I am currently suffering from a cold which is not interested in leaving, so I haven't started exercising. However, I have lost about 5 lbs so far. I eat the same thing everyday, pretty much, but I have NO cravings for junk. I even took my daughter to a birthday party and didn't have cake! That is HUGE for me!

Beila - can I make a suggestion? There is a book by Judith Beck called "The Beck Diet Solution - train your brain to think like a thin person". Essentially it is about the psychology of dieting. Each day there is a new tip / exercise for you to complete. eg - Day 1 - create Advantage Cards - there is a list of statements that you prioritize or create your own. Rank them by priority. Carry them with you. When you feel the need to eat something detrimental to your diet, pull them out and read them. I find they help. My number 1 reason for losing weight is "I will like myself better". That stops me in my tracks from eating garbage.

Hey!!! welcome!! You don't have to eat the same thing everyday! There is soo much variety that you can add in with this diet!!

Beila
04-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Hey letintheslim, I checked out the beck book from the library. Like the suggestions using notecards, and I will try to make some soon, like stuff that will prevent me from binging.

I should get then and re-read some of the tips. Glad that u are on the fat smash diet! I hope to restart tomorrow on the extreme fat smash. I was just doing awful these past few days, since tuesday, I have been binging, and feeling sick every time. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I hope to lose this weight soon.

Primetime, thanks for your support and words of encouragement. I will continue on and be more proactive about my diet now. You are doing so well on efs! I hope ur doing well today!

PrimeTime
04-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm glad you find something that might help you out. I imagine you're probably stress out? I hope you get back on track soon, u were on it! This weekend might be a little rough for me because there's a wedding and my family is coming down. But i'm not going to get full, i'm just going to stop when i'm satisfied and call it a day!

Beila
04-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Day #1 on EFS, again...

Just gotta get back in the swing of things. I'll write more later. But just letting the world know, I'm back, and going to stick to it this time. I'm running out of time for me to make my mini goals.

How's everyone today?

BTW, my starting weight this time, 156! :( I went way overboard on binging

PrimeTime
04-08-2011, 05:04 PM
At least you're back on before you get too off track!! you're back on just in time!! YOU CAN DO IT! More importantly, you have my full support.

Beila
04-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Just finished my salad, which was kinda large, but maybe i'll just exercise harder at the gym. i'll have to go later tonight since I'll need to wait for this to digest.

primtime, which day are you on? how much have you lost? hope it's going well!

PrimeTime
04-11-2011, 12:22 PM
I did awful this weekend....day 1! just finished working out at the gym! 70min

TheMacBarbie
04-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Hello fellow Fat Smashers!!!

I was in a bad car accident and had to go on steroid therapy for my spinal injuries. These steroids caused me to blow up like nitro!!!

I ran into Dr. Ian at an event and he told me to try his 4 day diet. I lost 20 pounds in one month!!

fast forward another year, I have a new baby I did so good during my pregnancy i only gained 17 pounds (my doctor said that was fine I lost 12 pounds my first trimester because I was soooo sick) I lost 14 pounds by my 6 week appointment!!! :carrot:

that was so short lived, I had to go on another round of steroid injections for my back and put on 30 pounds in less than 2 months :devil:

getting so heavy so fast after losing my "baby" weight has messed with my mind a bit!!

with that being said , I hope you ladies can welcome me to the group & we can lose this weight together!!!

I'm doing Dr. Ians 4 day diet with a mix of the original Fat Smash

PrimeTime
04-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Hello fellow Fat Smashers!!!

I was in a bad car accident and had to go on steroid therapy for my spinal injuries. These steroids caused me to blow up like nitro!!!

I ran into Dr. Ian at an event and he told me to try his 4 day diet. I lost 20 pounds in one month!!

fast forward another year, I have a new baby I did so good during my pregnancy i only gained 17 pounds (my doctor said that was fine I lost 12 pounds my first trimester because I was soooo sick) I lost 14 pounds by my 6 week appointment!!! :carrot:

that was so short lived, I had to go on another round of steroid injections for my back and put on 30 pounds in less than 2 months :devil:

getting so heavy so fast after losing my "baby" weight has messed with my mind a bit!!

with that being said , I hope you ladies can welcome me to the group & we can lose this weight together!!!

I'm doing Dr. Ians 4 day diet with a mix of the original Fat Smash

Hey Girl!

Can you tell me what's different about the 4-day diet from the fat smash diet? I'll most likely buy the book, I just want to kow what's the reasoning behind the weightlos...thanks!

Beila
04-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Hey, primetime, you're never going to believe, I've fallen off track so much, binging and being lazy, I've gained more weight, and now I weigh 159! My gosh that is my heaviest!
I need to do something about this, but don't know what. I may have to wait a few days to control my binges before I get back to dieting. Sorry to be mia. Hope you are well. *hugs

PrimeTime
04-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Oh Beila!:( I haven't been losing weight at the quickest pace, but I'm taking it day by day. I sometimes eat things that are bad but in moderation. I'm a binger, I'll never stop being one. That's the main reason that I only lose 2lbs a week. I have bite sized candies and 100 cal packs, more than the allowed snack. I've learn to accept that any progress is still progress. It's okay to eat those foods that you want. But there are ways around the eating.

You need to start weight training, it's a life saver! It really makes a difference. Today was the first time I've been able to move my ticker and I did it! 190.6!!

Beila, you can do this! Focus! Get your goals in mind and focus!!

Beila
04-15-2011, 12:42 AM
Hey primetime, I'm sooo excited for your ticker moving! Congrats! You are doing so good! Despite your occasional "extras" in your diet, which btw are not too bad at all, I'm really proud of u! I wish I could get back to EFS, but u know post binge phases are tough to get out of, and I've been at it for days just binging. I think maybe 2 weeks or so? Not sure when I stopped EFS. But I can say that I'm trying to regroup and stay hopeful about my diet and exercise. Just been in and out of some "lows" you know. I do use some of the EFS meals every now and then and even the suggestions u have given me such as the broccoli and overnight oatmeal. I am really beginning to love the food and just find myself content with eating the EFS way.

Today I managed to do close to 2 hours of cardio, really low low intensity cardio though so like walking and stairclimbing, burning 560 cals at the gym. But this is actually a good start considering I didn't do any exercise since last sunday.

Well, keep smashing the fat. And I'll be all ready in a few days to get back on I'm sure. Just taking baby steps to get back.

Btw, I am about 156 now, just gained the weight back plus 1. Sigh. Well it could be worse, I could still be binging in my binge phase, right? Glad that's over.

Talk soon!

PrimeTime
04-15-2011, 11:51 AM
I think you should binge for as long as you need to. However, I think you should also workout. It's ok to be out of control. But ask yourself one question, who's holding the wheel?

Beila
04-17-2011, 12:07 AM
I think you should binge for as long as you need to. However, I think you should also workout. It's ok to be out of control. But ask yourself one question, who's holding the wheel?

NO, no more binge encouraging for me. I can't do it anymore. Seriously, would love to just "get it out of my system" but my body is taking it badly. It takes like 3-4 days for me to recover and get back down again.

How are you doing Primetime? Why so quiet? Are you doing alright? I hope you're still fat smashing!! You are my go to girl here for encouragement! Hope you're well!!

MacBarbie, hi there! How's the 4 day diet? I read that book, but decided not to follow it. I like a more structured diet. Just tell me what to do, you know?

---

As for me, I'm recovering well from the binge phase, earlier this week and will be coming around to EFS reaaal soon! I'm just figuring things out. I'm eating well, and exercising (not that stellar though, just walking on treadmill, stairclimbing, elliptical, just really slow though to get myself back).

Talk soon!

PrimeTime
04-17-2011, 10:33 AM
That's awesome, I can't wait to see you back on track....I binged hardcore this weekend, just because i felt like I should be able to eat whatever I want....but I went to the gym and worked out....still hoping I didn't gain weight, but if I don't get my sweets at some point, i'll fall off the wagon...tues, we will see how big the damage is. I had oreos, egg rolls, pizza, doritos, mm's lol and real soda....This week i'm going to try to lose the full 4lbs!! like for real this time!

Beila
04-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Primetime--Oh no, please don't binge anymore. It won't help with all the hard core working out you're doing. Be strong. I know you can do this. I do hope that you won't give up trying nonetheless. That is what's the most important thing when going through the diet. Just get back on it. You'll make it!!

I've been managing binging well, so I'm just happy to feel back in control. Have a good weekend!

PrimeTime
04-19-2011, 11:19 AM
ok so managed to gain a pound....however, I should've still lost a pound--apparently since I lefted weights(full body) for 3 days in row the muscle hasn't broken down yet. I'm hoping that it will and I'm praying that by thursday I can at least lose another 2lbs! :( I feel so discouraged!! Hey Beila, how are you doing?

PrimeTime
04-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Oh an then I looked on the calendar and since Feb 8th I've lost 19lbs and that's way too slow, looking at the time is making me feel even more discouraged:(

Beila
04-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Hey Primetime, maybe you it's water weight? Not sure, but i thought that i read somewhere when you build/break down muscle doing strength training, it takes up water. Are you regular? TOM?

Don't fret over 1 pound. I think you've done GREAT! 19 pounds so far! WoW!
I have only lost like 1.5 pounds since 1/1/11! It's discouraging for me as well, so i feel your pain, like ENOUGH ALREADY! is what i keep telling myself. mybday is coming up next month, and i would have been at my goal by now, if only i tried to lose 1 pound/week, which is soo doable.

anyhoo, just keep treading along. DON'T GIVE UP! If you watch biggest loser, you know how hard it is week to week, just to lose 1 or 2 pounds for some. And they do workout hard and eat right. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to us why it's not working. Body is complex. The key is to NOT GIVE UP. You can do it!! Please keep smashing along, and you'll get there. Just like everyone else that has had to lose weight, they did not give up.

---

As for me, i've been eating right, binge free for 6 days now (today is day 6), and finding new ways to make myself not hungry. I cut up some jicama yesterday, so another thing to add to my "free snacks" list when i get back on EFS.

BTW, i was thinking of starting cycle 1 week 1 soon, so like the end of this month. What do you think? Where are you at? Please let me know as I would love to have a buddy to cheer on and work through it together!

Talk soon!

PrimeTime
04-19-2011, 12:40 PM
I've decided to stay on cycle one week one, since I'm seeing 2lbs results....I just had lentil soup with kale. (had I not gone overboard this weekend I would've been 189) I think you should start there, I remember you losing more during that period...at one point didn't you acutally lose the 3lbs or 4? Also, what do you consider a binge? Is Jicama that jamican fruit that's in a can? I was wondering about that....

PrimeTime
04-19-2011, 12:42 PM
We can do it, it's just going to take some serious focus!

Beila
04-19-2011, 12:54 PM
We can do it, it's just going to take some serious focus!

for sure! the focus is like 99% of it. really if you think about it. in all that you do, you just have to focus so you don't go off the rail...going off is like being pushed from 1st place to 2nd to last place or something. like it just throws you off track.

i'll be here though if you need more support! :carrot::hug:

PrimeTime
04-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks! I guess I'm really freaking out because I just found out that I'm going to this greek party(he invited me and my sorority) and I wanted to lose 4lbs each week until the party. which would put me at 12lbs and at this rate i'd only be at 8lbs, but only if I can lose 3lbs this week. or it will be 7lbs...ugh and my Ex is going to be there! With his new girl friend! So, I wanted to look extra great! I have a lot of anxiety about it.At first I was excited and now I don't even want to go anymore...lol.

I'm here for you to! The only reason I encourage your binges--is because I've been a weight loss rut before and I know how it is to stop and start, while in the middle of a binge and that can often make it worse. So, that's why I said start when you were ready. However, I am so glad that you've been binge free for 6days!

I'm on cycle 1 week 1 and will be doing this for a while.

Beila
04-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Primetime, I know how you feel about making it to the weight for the event date. I do this all the time, with my bday, vacations, parties, etc. The best advice I can give to you is that you just have to think about what you are doing now and how close or precise you are with staying on the plan that you have set out to do, but not necessarily stressing about whether or not you are seeing the results you want. Because in the end, you will look back and say, yay, I did the very best I could, and this is what I achieved (X amount of weight loss). If it truly is the very best that you could do (diet and exercise regime), then what more could you ask for? So, if 7, or 8 or 12 lbs is what you achieve to lose, as long as you know that you did all you could do, in that amount of time, you should be sooo proud of yourself! Seriously, people ask me if I lost weight in the past and in actuality, I had gained weight from the last time they saw me, so I don't think people notice 4 pounds on a person because its so spread out.

Each day, make a plan for what you can do to lose the weight (exercise + diet) and if you achieve it, then hooray! One more day that you finished in reaching your goal! How long that takes does not matter, just stick to what you set out and commit to do. And if you fall or go off track, quickly go back on track, and adjust yourself to get focused again.

I will be smashing soon with ya! Just overcoming the binge thing for now. Each day is hard enough for me to fight off urges. Even today I almost went to the store, but I used all sorts of methods to stop myself. It really is a battle.

Talk soon, and don't fret, u are doing GREAT!

PrimeTime
04-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Today wasn't such a great day, I have been snacking all day, but I haven't really gone overboard. I just don't feel up to it today, I've eaten everything that was on my plan I just had a few extra 100 cal snacks. I'm going to the gym later on!

Thanks!! That really helps, I'm starting to get a little weak...I've been doing this since feb 8th and i'm just a little tapped out of endurance.

Beila
04-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Today wasn't such a great day, I have been snacking all day, but I haven't really gone overboard. I just don't feel up to it today, I've eaten everything that was on my plan I just had a few extra 100 cal snacks. I'm going to the gym later on!

Thanks!! That really helps, I'm starting to get a little weak...I've been doing this since feb 8th and i'm just a little tapped out of endurance.

Yeah, working out will help stop the snacking. It always does it for me. If you're feeling physically week, you might want to change up the types of snacks to more energy providing snacks such as carbs that are slow burning and have more fiber. Since Feb 8th? That's a long time to be on this diet. If you mean just your weight loss start date, then yeah, it's a process, but reading many of the people's stats on this board, it seems it's a long process for many many people, no matter what your starting weight is, the good news is that those people lose the weight and keep it off. The process is long, just gotta stick to it. Also, i notice that many people starting the weight loss journey long ago have successfully lost and kept off their weight and are still on this forum. Maintainence is hard too it seems for them! And i'm sure it will be, so let's just take the time to "get used to it", sorry this advice sounds like "suck it up", but even in maintainence for me, i have to watch myself very often and make sure i exercised, even though i wasn't trying to lose weight. But you can do it! I'm so happy for you getting through thus far!

PrimeTime
04-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks, yeah I don't mean physically weak, I mean like I'm starting to cave in on my diet, hopefully after easter, I can get back to where I need to be. I back down to 190 and my goal is over these next four days that I'm out of town, to maintain my weight of 190. How are you doing thus far!?

Beila
04-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Primetime,

It's been going ok. I'm still about 153-154, and each day is still difficult for me to avoid binges. I crave sweets to, but not as much as bread. My gym sessions are so poor, barely able to burn 300 cals. I just don't work out as hard as I used to, like 800-1000 before. So I need to work on my motivation, my drive to work hard, and to control my binging.

I just bought some almonds and kashi go lean cereal hoping that some healthy fat and fiber will help me prevent snacking. Also, I have been eating regularly, and more whole foods. Hardly anything is processed at all. So I should be in good shape to do efs as I won't need to detox. Its just the binging part that is hard.

Good job getting back down to 190! I hope u can continue despite being out of town. Stay positive, and keep at it! You're doing good :)

Beila
04-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Ok, enough's enough! I'm gonna start EFS tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Beila
04-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Day 1 cycle 1: starting weight 153.5

I have already messed up my breakfast I ate my eggwhite omlette and and orange, but soon after, within an hour, I was so hungry I had a half cup of kashi cereal and almond milk with like a cup of almonds. Just was starving this morning. Last night I only had half a banana and pickle for dinner, so I guess that's why.

Well hope the rest of the day goes well.

PrimeTime
04-22-2011, 02:48 PM
aren't egg whites a free food?? why don't you put broccoli in ur omlets?

Beila
04-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Eggwhites hard boiled are a free snack. You eat snacks when ur hungry between meals and to hold you over till next meal, but snacks are optional.

It didn't say to put broccoli in the omlette. I'm trying to follow the diet exactly as laid out.

PrimeTime
04-26-2011, 11:00 AM
How is everything going? My vaction went well, I still gained two pounds, but I could go to the gym and i'm certain that's what did it. I hate gaining and losing the same weight...ugh:/ all that hard work. But anyways, this week I'm pushing through and my June 19th my goal is to be at 15lbs.

Beila
04-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi, I tried to go back on efs, but realized there are too many foods I miss. So I didn't make it past day 1 :( I am now trying IF and hoping that it works. It has worked for me in the past, without even realizing that that it had a name to it. So hopefully binging will be okay. I binged recently, last sunday, so I'm back up to my start weight again :( however now that it's may, I'm more determined and don't have time to mess up anymore, so I hope the weight comes off now. I'm also going to start training for a marathon in oct, and that should help me lose weight. I ran r miles yesterday at 5.5 on the treadmill, something I havent done before, or at least I can't remember if I have.

Are you going to start efs now? I will just use my IF as a way of eating and eat efs meals and snacks along with other ideas that I have come across. For exercise, I will do 60-90 min cardio, medium intensity, in the mornings or at fasting state, everyday.

This sounds crazy, but I hope to keep losing 4 pounds per week for a month. Let's do it!!!

PrimeTime
04-28-2011, 12:32 PM
i've been doing it this week and i tweaked it a little and got close to 4lbs i was 192.8 and now i'm 189.4. I added a spinach salad and rasberry dressing it's so good and it kills my sweet tooth. Next week i'll be back on track for my weight loss and maybe i'll hit 4lbs. I didnt workout much this week (2 days) right now it would've been 4. But IF? what's that?

PrimeTime
05-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Ugh:/ this weekend just made it clear to me that I need to work harder and that I need to reach my goal by August. I went to a pool party and saw all of these amazing bodies! I have never bought a swimming suit and I really think this time around I can reach my goal. Day 1, again!

beaka
07-16-2011, 06:10 PM
I just wanted to bump this up. Any one out there Fat Smashing? I'm on day 4 of Phase 1.

Beila
07-17-2011, 03:11 AM
As you can read I was attempting the Extreme Fat Smash for a while, and now I have found my own balance of foods and exercise that I love. The longest I tried this diet was 2 weeks I was always scared ot the carbs in week 3, but now I enjoy carbs in moderation, Dr. Ian Smith would be proud of my current diet. It has a resemblance of the week 3.

Good luck to all fat smasher fans out there! I love the book and it was a great way for me to realize food portions and how to enjoy veggies and fish.

I don't eat meat, only seafood, so it was perfect for me.

SophieCormier
09-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I've been thinking this morning of taking out my Fat Smash Diet book. I used to LOVE doing this. Well, maybe not love but it was one of the only diet that I could stick to for some odd reason. I think it was because I kept telling myself, in a couple of weeks, I'll add this to my diet, and that. I used to make a batch of veggie chilli which I put in containers and froze them. It's a delicious meal that keeps you satisfied for a while. The hardest part for me was not having any meat. I still managed though. I never got far on this diet due to doing it on my own. I'd like to find someone else to start this with me. I'm also starting P90X. I had gotten to day 30 some days and quit because I was working out but wasn't watching what I ate so I wasn't seeing the results I wanted. Monday, I'm starting both Fat Smash Diet along with P90X. Hope someone is out there to acompany me. :)

PrimeTime
09-02-2011, 12:47 PM
I currently doing the Extreme Fat Smash. I lost 3lbs. I follow it losely, it kind of just depends on what works for your body. I was able to lose 20lbs on it losing 2lbs a week and you're suppose to lose 4. I'm sure you'll do very well. I don't think the veggie chilli is in my book. I'll check but would you mind posting that reciepe that sounds great!!!!

SophieCormier
09-02-2011, 12:56 PM
I found it online a while ago. I've made it so many times and my boyfriend who isn't doing the diet always wants some. He loves it too. There's a lot of flavor to it. I'll post it when I find it. :)

I never read the Extreme version, how different is it from the original book?

SophieCormier
09-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I found it! This is the recipe I have.

Vegetarian Chili (Phase 1)
1 Tablespoon Canola oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 (15 ounce) Vegetable Stock
1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
4 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil

DIRECTIONS:
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the garlic, onion, and carrots in the pot until tender. Mix in the green bell pepper and red bell pepper. Season with chili powder. Continue cooking 5 minutes, or until peppers are tender. Add the stock.
Stir in the tomatoes with liquid, kidney beans drained, pinto beans drained, and corn. Season with oregano, basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Beila
09-02-2011, 02:29 PM
I currently doing the Extreme Fat Smash. I lost 3lbs. I follow it losely, it kind of just depends on what works for your body. I was able to lose 20lbs on it losing 2lbs a week and you're suppose to lose 4. I'm sure you'll do very well. I don't think the veggie chilli is in my book. I'll check but would you mind posting that reciepe that sounds great!!!!

I used to follow the extreme fat smash as well, but only lasted 2 weeks. The third week was tough for me due to me being afraid of the carbs due to binge eating problems (i'm a recovering binge eater), but now I eat carbs and can stay in control with them.

I guess I could do the diet again if i ever needed to lose a quick 3-4 pounds in a week, but I will just stick to what's been working with me right now, which is helping me lose 1-2 pounds a week, a healthy rate.

Good luck to all that do this diet! I love the book, and the way it helps you understand portion control and frequency of eating.

SophieCormier
09-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks Beila :)
I found my book finally. I'm going to the grocery store today and buying what I need to start tomorrow. I'm doing two batches of chili tonight (one for me & one for my bf lol). I told him I'd do one with beef for him. I'm going to do the shakes for the morning, chili for lunch, and I'll have to find something for dinner. Maybe a vegetable soup or something. I read a blog online of someone following this diet and having GREAT results on it. I can already picture myself getting thin. I'm starting my exercise program today and the diet tomorrow. I think I might start a blog.

SophieCormier
09-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Yesterday, I started P90X. I did two pots of veggie chili (one for me and one for the bf with meat). I went grocery shopping and I think I'm all set for a couple of days. I want to make more recipes. This morning, I started things off with a fruit smoothie (1% milk, frozen fruits & a banana). It was yummy! I brought grapes and baby carrots for snacks & I have the chili for lunch. I bought some soy meat yesterday. One was soy chicken patties. I may do that with sweet potato fries. Soungs yummy to me!

Starting weight: 179.4

SophieCormier
09-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Feeling great. I haven't strayed away from the diet. Someone even brought some muffins at work for everyone. I didn't have one even though they looked really yummy! I already drank over 2L of water. I had my grapes for a snack before noon and baby carrots for my afternoon snack. I might look into making some banana pancakes tomorrow morning. Those look yummy too!

PrimeTime
09-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Oh wow you are such cooker. I think ppl like you really benefit from the program because you're adding variety. This is going to be a sucess. I'm going to make the chilli this weekend!!!

SophieCormier
09-08-2011, 07:03 AM
I'm usually not a cooker, my boyfriend is usually the cook lol!
When I'm on these diets, for some reason, I find it a lot easier to cook meals. I don't feel like I'm dieting at times. Yesterday didn't go exactly as planned though. I did well my first meals but when it came to dinner, I cut up my sweet potato, added a bit of oil and salt and put it in the oven to cook. I also cooked up some soy chicken patties. I ate 3/4 of one and threw out the rest. It was just NASTY! Total garbage! I ate my sweet potato fries and made myself another smoothie. I didn't eat again for the rest of the night.

This morning, no time for pancakes, I'll save them for tomorrow since I'm not working. I started the day with a smoothie (they're so good!), although this morning, I would've gone with a bagel if I wasn't on my diet but oh well. If I want to get healthy, need to sacrifice a bit for now. I did my workout yesterday (Cardio X). I'm so out of shape, I had to press pause one time because I had pain in my stomache. It eventually passed and I finished my workout. Today, I still have my veggie chili for lunch. I'm thinking of doing some spaghetti squash for dinner. I also have a recipe for the sauce to put on top so that might be yummy. I love spaghetti squash! On to day 2!

SophieCormier
09-08-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm struggling today...
I'm sitting here with a chocolate chip muffin 3 feet from me. One part of me already wants to quit the diet and just do my thing but another part of me is telling me "where has that gotten you in the past?". I'm trying to be strong. I have a half hour for my lunch break. I have some chili. Hopefully it'll keep me full for a while and stop me from craving stuff. I read that day 2 & 3 are the worst. I ate a piece of sugar-free gum. That's probably the reason I'm craving stuff now. I also really craved an iced coffee this morning. I was REALLY tired and could've used one. I didn't though, just sticked with my water. I'm really hoping this gets easier soon!!

PrimeTime
09-08-2011, 04:35 PM
AWESOME!!!! Since I'm doing the extreme fat smash, I'm allowed to have sweet things. 200 cals worth and since I go to the gym, I can usually get away with added an additional 100-200 of sweets and still lose 3lbs a week. I eat weight watchers ice cream, smart one's ice cream, and sweet temptations! oh and some days i'll have a luna bar(chocolate brownie), these are only on the days I weight-train. I fell off this weekend because of labor day, but this coming up week I should be back on track. I know what you mean about the cravings. Yesterday, my instructor brought brownies and I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEE SWEETS!!

But even though you wanted it, you made a great decision which shows growth! You should be proud of yourself!! HANG IN THERE!!!! I usually tell myself you know how that tastes, you don't need to have it. It didn't work this weeked lol. When I go home to visit the family, all bets are off! That's why I have until Thanksgiving to lose 25lbs!!

Hope all remains well!!

SophieCormier
09-08-2011, 05:43 PM
You can have sweets on the Extreme Version? :O Lucky!
I'm going to do an apple crisp today though (Fat Smash Friendly). That should be sweet enough for me hehe!
I'm so happy someone is going to be doing the diet with me. Even though it's not the exact same. I'm weighing in tomorrow morning for the halloween challenge. We'll see if I can lose weight in a couple of days.
I ate something that wasn't on the list but it was last resort. I was cooking my brown rice. I was going to add my soy ground beef with it and add some beef flavoring to my rice and mix everything together. Well, after I add my beef to the rice, I was looking in the cuboards for my beef flavoring. When I found it, it was hard as a ROCK! I couldn't even pick at it with my fork. I had to put some type of sauce in there so I decided to add a bit of low calorie bbq sauce for taste. Honestly though, it wasn't very good. I'm going to stop buying those soy meats. I don't like the taste of em. I ended up making a small smoothie after that.

PrimeTime
09-08-2011, 05:58 PM
oooooh I loved the apple crisp!!! I would add my own tweek to it and spray I can't believe it's not butter and also honey. Sometimes I would heat it and have it for breakfast in the morning! When it gets a little colder, I'll start eating it for breakfast again. I like it hot. I take it you don't have a sweet tooth, eh? lol

SophieCormier
09-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Mmmmm! Hot Apple Crisp *drools* Haha!
I have a sweet tooth but I also love my salty foods. I need something sweet once in a while. The recipe I have is really simple too, egg whites, oats, apple & splenda.

PrimeTime
09-08-2011, 08:12 PM
oooh mine doesn't use most of that. mine just requires: 1 bottle of unsweetened apple sauce, sliced apples, oats cinnamon and pop it in the oven. what's your exact recipe for that one, I kinda wanna try it, just to see which one taste better...

SophieCormier
09-08-2011, 08:16 PM
My recipe is actually Apple Bake, not Apple crisp. Not sure if it's the same thing or not.

1 cup of oatmeal
1 apple, cored and sliced
cinnamon to taste
splenda
I can't believe it's not butter spray -- 2 servings worth

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 ins, dependent upon the thickness of your apple slices.

I ended up making oatmeal banana cookies instead of this. They were actually pretty good.

PrimeTime
09-09-2011, 12:03 AM
omg?!!!??!! Banana oatmeal cookies?!!!!! <---------------------------WITH BANANA?!!!

SophieCormier
09-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Yes! :D They were pretty yummy!
I felt like they might miss something but they were still good.

1 cup uncooked (old fashioned) oatmeal
1/4 tsp salt
1 ripe mashed banana..the riper the better
1 egg white (or 1/4 cup egg sub)
2 packets of splenda
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp almond extract

Mix the ingredients together and spoon by teaspoon into cookie sheet (I spray with Pam) cook 10-15 minutes in 350 degrees preheated oven.

I'm thinking of making more actually. lol!
Today, me and my sister might be going to the bar and do some karaoke. I'm going to be drinking water (this is probably going to be hard).

SophieCormier
09-10-2011, 01:24 PM
I did EXCELLENT! I craved a few times (many times for ice cream yesterday) but my sisters were helping me and I stayed away from it. I ate excellent yesterday and today it's already 2:22PM and I'm doing great! There are times when I REALLY feel like cheating though but I somehow stop myself. I'm very proud of myself for yesterday. All I drank was water and I was the designated driver. :)

SophieCormier
09-12-2011, 08:59 AM
I weighed in this morning at 176.0 meaning 3.4 lbs lost so far and I'm on day 6 today, getting close to the end of Phase 1. I can't wait to get cheese, cereal & meat again! I haven't been too good on my exercise part. I need to step it up. I was originally supposed to do P90X but I don't have much energy for it so I'm going to start walking with the dog.
I tried a few recipes this weekend. I tried the Apple Bake that I posted. I didn't have the spray fake butter so it was REALLY dry. So I tried adding a yogurt to a portion and oh god, is it ever good! I add the vanilla activia. It's really good and filling. I also tried the pizza for phase 1. That was terrible! I only ate half, threw out the rest and made myself a smoothie. I haven't ate my spaghetti squash yet. Hoping to do that tonight. I'm getting some tomatoes and a few more ingredients and going to do some tomato basil soup for the rest of the week for lunch. Sounds yummy! We shall see. Anyways, it's getting a lot easier. I'm not craving as much. My boyfriend still eats what he usually eats. It's not as tempting as before but the temptation is still there. I also haven't had my normal iced coffee since I started this diet. I thought it would've been tougher but it's not that bad. Things are going great! I'm finishing phase 1 on Thursday so Friday is going to be a good day I think. (MEAT!!) I hope it doesn't stall my weight loss though.

How are you doing PrimeTime? Still going strong? What day are you up to?

PrimeTime
09-12-2011, 12:51 PM
You go girl!! You can do it! As long as you stick to the lean meats you'll be fine. This last week I didn't lose any weight, but my body is changing and I lost quite a few inches. :)

SophieCormier
09-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Lost inches are even better than pounds! :D Congrats!
I'm REALLY feeling good today. No cravings, and I'm just feeling awesome! It's pretty dark and I think it's going to rain so I guess no walk for me today. I bought all my ingredients to do the tomato basil soup. I hope it's good. I'm really counting on this soup for the rest of my lunches during the detox phase which is 3 days. I bought more apples to do the apple bake again. I'm going to do the same thing and add the yogurt to it afterwards. It's SOOOO good! You have no idea. I had it for dinner tonight LOL! I didn't feel like eating something hot so that's what I did. I'll have a fruit smoothie later on. I'm going to weigh in again tomorrow morning. I think that puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day when I see it go down :)

SophieCormier
09-13-2011, 05:53 AM
Weighed in at 175.0! YAY! One lb less than yesterday! This is soooo encouraging to me. Yesterday I was such in a happy mood. I cleaned the whole house. If you would know me, I'm always down and HATE cleaning. But yesterday, I actually enjoyed it. I hope I have one of those days today.

SophieCormier
09-13-2011, 02:09 PM
I wasn't able to do my soup yesterday because the recipe called for 2 cups of Basil and I only had a bit in my spice rack (2 CUPS?! That's a lot of basil!). I'll finish it tonight. I had done everything else and when I came to the last thing, basil, I had to put it on hold. The pot is chilling in my fridge. hehe! I bought some peaches today for snacks. I also bought some veggie cheese & hot dogs. I'm going to try both tonight for dinner. I'm counting the days to the end of phase 1, only 2 days to go and I'll be on to phase 2. Can't wait! I still need to stay clear of alcohol. I usually love to drink so I'm staying clear from that. I'm going at my sister's this weekend, I hope I'll behave. She said she wouldn't feed me junk food. Let's hope not!

SophieCormier
09-14-2011, 07:59 AM
I forgot to do my tomato basil soup yesterday so I tried finishing it this morning while getting ready for work. The recipe asked to put half of the soup in a blender to mush up the tomatoes I guess and put it back in the soup. I put it in the blender when it was still boiling. Well... when I turned on the blender, I was holding on to the lid but I guess not enough, the soup went flying everywhere. It even went on my arms which REALLY hurt! I still hurts even hours after... You should've seen the mess everywhere. There was basil everywhere. Anyways, I won't be attempting this soup again. I probably should've waited till the soup was cool before putting in blender (recipe didn't state that). So, I've decided that I would find another soup that didn't involve blenders. LOL!
I weighed in this morning at 175.0. Doesn't surprise me because my TOM should be starting tomorrow so that could affect my weight a bit.
Yesterday, I bought some veggie sliced cheese. It tasted almost exactly like regular sliced cheese. I made myself a egg white omelet and added that cheese in it. It was delicious! I also made some veggie hot dogs but those were nasty. Garbage again! I ended up making myself a fruit smoothie after my omelette. Another good day yesterday. No exercise though sadly...

PrimeTime
09-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Oh wow reading this was like an emotional rollercoaster!! Haha, yeah I just started TOM yesterday!! Even though you didn't go to the gym you still managed to eat right and that's 80% of the battle right there. The tomato and basil soup was tragic, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it again. 175 is awesome!! That's how much I want to weigh by January 1st!!!! Next week I'm going to start being more restrective, I'm not ok with not losing weight for another weigh-in. Therefore, it's GO TIME!!! Do you really think TOM has that much of an effect on weight?

SophieCormier
09-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I had tougher days than others LOL!
I think TOM affects some people for a couple of days. I know I can bloat and be heavier but it'll go back down soon so it's no biggie.
For the Tomato Basil soup, it scared me too much. It still burns. I'll try something easier lol. Plus it made a **** of a mess in my kitchen, holy cow! Today and tomorrow to go and then I can add meat & cereal again to my diet :D So happy but scared at the same time. My weight loss won't be as fast but I knew that already. I still can't believe how easy it gets after a while. It's so easy the way of eating once you eliminate the cravings. Tonight, I should be doing my spaghetti squash but I know I'll probably end up doing egg white omelette again because it was good :) I also want to do my apple bake.

Also, I don't have anything for lunch so I'll have to go buy those tomato soup to go cup thingie. There's probably ingredients that I shouldn't be having but I don't think it's that bad. There's no potatoes or noodles in it. I'll have that with a yogurt.

PrimeTime
09-14-2011, 11:27 AM
well what kind of a store are you going to?Maybe you could buy salad ingredients and keep the rest at work. The soup isn't that bad but if you can get less processed items, do.

SophieCormier
09-14-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm going to the grocery store. I can't do salads sadly. I just HATE the taste of it. Also, I think it makes me hungry even more and right now, my stomach is just screaming for food. I have lunch in 30 mins. I'll see what else there is and if nothing, that's what I'll buy.

SophieCormier
09-14-2011, 06:49 PM
So I ended up having the tomato soup thing. It wasn't too filling but it was satisfying enough with a yogurt. I ate a peach at my snack and then at lunch, I made some stir-fry with brown rice. It was good and filling. There were leftovers so I'm bringing it for my lunch tomorrow. Tomorrow is my last day on Phase 1!! I can't believe it's gone by so fast. One thing that's worrying me on Friday is that the company is supposed to be paying our lunch. I don't think the others are going to buy from a health place so... I'm kinda in a pickle. I don't want to sabotage everything. It's too early to be thinking of cheating... I have to be strong and bring something from home. I'll have to prepare something that I REALLY enjoy so that it doesn't seem like I'm dieting, just eating healthier. I think posting on here for everyone to see helps me. I was really thinking of cheating just that one day. I know that if I cheat, my cravings are going to return and I don't want that!

SophieCormier
09-15-2011, 05:48 AM
Weighed in at 174.6 this morning :D

Today is the last day on Phase 1. I'm so happy I've gone this far! Tomorrow morning, we will see exactly how many lbs I lost during the detox phase. Tomorrow I can start having my coffee again. So excited! I also want to find a good chicken soup I could make. I'm going to search some recipes during my lunch break.

PrimeTime
09-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Congrats girl!! Hope all goes well with the company lunch!!! :)

SophieCormier
09-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Thanks PrimeTime! :D

I weighed in again this morning at 174.6 so that means I lost a total of 4.8lbs so we can say 5 lbs :) This morning is day 1 of phase 2. I started my morning with a bowl of cheerios. I'm planning on getting a chicken salad for lunch and I'm still unsure of what I'm having for dinner. I'll be eating fruits for snacks. I started TOM yesterday so hopefully I won't crave any crap.

SophieCormier
09-17-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm sick today :( It all started yesterday. My throat was hurting, my nose and eyes were burning. Last night I took some medicine and this morning, my whole body aches & my head is light headed. I was supposed to visit my sisters and their kids today but had to break it off because I wouldn't want to give it to them or the kids. I guess I'll take it easy today...
On the good side though, I weighed in this morning at 172.8 :D

PrimeTime
09-17-2011, 12:43 PM
WOW.....I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! But not about you being sick haha. I HOPE YOU GET WELL SOON:D

SophieCormier
09-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks PrimeTime! :D It was a one day flu. I'm all better now. Thank god!
I've been good up to now. Tonight though, I might have had too much salt. My sister did supper, I had some spiced up chicken with brown rice, pees & salted green beans. Let me tell you, she had salted those beans. It's been a few hours that I ate and I can still taste the salt in my mouth and I didn't eat many. My mom even said they weren't that salted... wow! I'm usually the one always putting salt on my food and tonight I was the one who said there was too much. Maybe not having much salt during the past two weeks really helped me with my sugar (BONUS!). I'm hoping it won't affect my weigh in tomorrow morning. I know I shouldn't weigh in every day but it really motivates me seeing the weight loss every day :) This morning, I weighed in at 172.6. I didn't prepare anything for lunch.... I wanted to prepare a soup for the week. I'll have to go the grocery store tomorrow morning and buy some stuff to make a salad I guess... I don't really want to but I might have to since I can't think of anything else... Oh well. I can do one day with salad. That's what I ate on Friday and it wasn't bad.
Today I'm on day 3 of phase 2. I've been on the diet for 12 days now. :) I can honestly say that I haven't cheated once. Tomorrow, I'm starting walking with a co-worker during my lunch hour. I'm hoping having a buddy to walk with will help. It usually does.

PrimeTime, how are you with the diet?

SophieCormier
09-19-2011, 06:09 AM
173.2 this morning... I knew it...

PrimeTime
09-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Ok, i'm failing terribly so, I'm detoxing for two weeks and I'm taking supplements

SophieCormier
09-19-2011, 06:18 PM
You're doing the extreme one right? Did you ever try the original book from Fat Smash?

SophieCormier
09-20-2011, 07:42 AM
173.0 this morning. My weight loss isn't going fast anymore but that's ok. My body is adjusting to the change of calories. I'm not worried. I'm doing fine. I don't feel as if this is a diet anymore. I've changed my lifestyle now. Last night, I told my boyfriend I would do some mexican style rice with lean ground beef. I put in some green & red peppers, brown rice, water, salsa, some chili powder and then you top it off with cheese. I made a BIG batch. We both enjoyed it and there's leftovers for lunch and if I still want some for supper, there's enough for both of us LOL! It was healthy & very filling. Will be doing this again. It also doesn't take too long to cook so that's always a plus. I have it marked down on a spreadsheet that I'll be going on phase 3 on October 7 and I'll be able to enjoy whole wheat pasta & bread again.

I started walking yesterday with my co-worker. We only do 20 mins so I need to do 20 mins after my dinner. I'll start it tonight so that will be 40 mins walk each day which is good! Good start! I slacked off a bit with my water. Better go fill up my water bottle hehe! Have a good day!

Edit: Oh, my boss came in our office this morning with a big box of chips, chocolate bars & peanuts. He was telling people to take some. I didn't take one thing from the box. The only thing I though was some packs of gum :D I'm so proud of myself sometimes!

PrimeTime
09-20-2011, 10:58 AM
You should be very proud of yourself. Free Junk food, is pretty tought to beat. haha. I did try the regular fat smash awhile back, it didn't really work for me. The extreme one has worked way better. The only reason I'm saying I've failed miserably is because I lost my motivation. But, I think I'm slowly getting it back. This week I'm doing better. I went to the gym before work and I'm eating foods that are more filling and I changed up my eating schedule and plans. We'll see what happens next. Hoping for the best!

You seem to have a handle on things! I lookin to get some of what you've got haha: SUCCESS! :)

SophieCormier
09-21-2011, 07:03 AM
I'm glad your getting your motivation back! :D It's really fun having someone to share my weight loss journey with. I probably wouldn't have done what I did if it weren't for you. I thank you for that!
This morning, I weighed in at 172.4 :D It's going down again, yay! I'm still sick though. I thought it was over, just a soar throat but now the throat is worst and the nose is starting. I finished all my halls (found out there was sugar in there grrr!). I hate being sick!

PrimeTime
09-21-2011, 11:30 AM
No problem, I totally understand and glad I can be of help! You know this morning it finally hit me, I can totally do this. Before, I was just trying to force something that I really wasn't into doing at the moment because it is what needed to be done. I don't know if it was the endorphins or what not but I felt like if I just keep on this track 25lbs I'd do-able by Nov. 22nd. I feel like I'm ready now.

Halls isn't that bad. It really shouldn't have the much of an effect. You're doing great girl!!

SophieCormier
09-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Awesome! :D 25 lbs is do-able! I'll be here for ya every step of the way. I found that the more I wrote on here, it helped me do good for some reason. The first few days are going to be the hardest... but it gets better with time, trust me! I'm there. When you find foods that you enjoy eating, it gets a lot easier. I found foods that if I fall off the wagon, I can do phase 1 again and lose the weight I gain. I have it all planned out in my head for the long term. I'm still walking at noon, 25 mins. I need to walk at home. Was supposed to do it yesterday but didn't. I'll have to go right when I get home because when I post-pone it to later, it never gets done. Hopefully this will work for me.
Take it one day at a time girl. You'll do awesome! When you start losing weight, you'll see how encouraging it is and will help you continue ;)

SophieCormier
09-22-2011, 07:11 AM
I finally went walking 20 mins after dinner so that would make 45 mins walk for the day. Yay! I need to continue this pattern. I weighed in this morning at 173.0 AGAIN! *sigh* I think I know where my problem is. I'm not regular anymore. Not sure why. I used to be in the beginnning and poof, that changed. I might have to add some benefibre in my food or something. Or even start having one Activia per day to get me going again. Other than that, things are going good! :)

margarita124
09-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Hey Smashers- I'm looking at starting the program this week-we are organizing our food shopping lists to start phase one-any tips? I find the "list" in the book not to be very helpful....Any feedback would be greatly apprecited:)

SophieCormier
09-22-2011, 12:00 PM
I found for phase 1, preparing your meals and freezing them are the best option. Not only is it convenient, but it keeps you on track. DON'T CHEAT! You'll see that in the beginning, you'll want to but don't! Things will get easier in a few days. You just need to tough the first ones. Find recipes you enjoy. Vegetable Chili is one of my fave during phase 1. Not only is it filling but it's delicious. If you have a sweet tooth, make something with fruits in it. I loved having my apple bake mixed with yogurt. Mmmm! Drinks LOTS of water. :) I have to go now but let me know how things go! :D We're here for ya if you have any questions.

PrimeTime
09-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Sophie, how much water do you drink? I'm thinking of a make a stir fry with brown rice and veggies, I'm really craving chinese.

@Margarita I few staple and easy things I include on my shopping list: Lentils, brown rice, sweet potatos, bags of broc and mixed veg, frozen chicken, cheese. I like to get stuff to where I can make it on the run. It all really depends on what you plan on making and if you're a cooker (like Sophie..lol) I'm cooker if I have time and I never really do. These items are quick and easy for me to make the night before.

SophieCormier
09-22-2011, 01:36 PM
I drink at least 3 bottles (591ml) a day. Sometimes more. The only time I don't drink enough water is on the weekend. I always forget to fill my bottles the night before where as when I'm at work, they buy those big bottles and it's always cold so I just refill my bottle there.

I just finished eating a chicken salad, omg it was good! I really enjoyed it. I also went walking so I'm happy :) Hopefully tomorrow will be better on the scale. My "official" weigh ins that count are on Fridays.

Lately, I don't have much an appetite for dinner. I've been doing fruit smoothies. They're yummy and they are easy to digest compared to a full dinner. I might make one for dinner tonight since I want low numbers tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be 171 *crossing my fingers*

PrimeTime, do you have an official start day? Did you weigh in? I wish I would've measured myself in the start. I think I lost inches on my hips.

SophieCormier
09-23-2011, 07:10 AM
Weighed in this morning at 173.0. I seem to be stuck at 173. I'll have to stop weighing in every day and just weigh in on Friday. I'm all sad that I'm at 173 but when I look at it, I lost 1.4 lbs this week so it's something right? I think my body is still adjusting to my way of eating. I went walking again last night. I'm being good. :) The scale isn't really helping me right now but we'll see what happens next Friday.

PrimeTime
09-23-2011, 10:35 AM
I started 8/25, I measured myself then, I have a friend measure me every month. I'm in a weightloss challenge right now and weigh-ins are on thursday, so I've stopped weighing myself every day. I've been doing but back tracking over the weekends, which this last 8 weeks isn't going to happen. Also, when you diet you naturally poop less, but you should be trying to drink as close to a gallon a day as you can.

gatorgirl6
09-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Hello all!

Well like most of the world, I have yo-yo-ed myself into my highest weight. I have told myself for a while now that this must end, and unless I set myself an actual goal and plan I am not going to get it done. Well, I was thinking over how I would go about losing weight this time and I have decided to join the smashers. It seems like it was destiny since I will be starting tomorrow and exactly 90 days down the road is Dec. 24th. My goal is to successfully complete the 90 days on the fat smash diet and lose 25 lbs. That goal is probably a little high, but if I get anywhere close I will be very happy.

Well, I will be checking in here regularly, and I hope you all don't mind the addition of one more smasher into your group. I have never done this diet before so I'm not really sure what to expect.

Thanks!

:P

SophieCormier
09-26-2011, 08:26 AM
@PrimeTime: If you get measured every month and you started on the 25th, that would mean you measured yourself this weekend right? :) How did it go? Did you lose any inches?
@Gatorgirl6: Welcome! :D It's always fun having more people join in. Did you buy the book yet? If so, which one do you have (Regular/Extreme)? I'm doing the regular one and I'm almost done phase 2.

Only one more week to go and I'll be in phase 3!!! This is the farthest I've gone on this diet and I'm very proud of myself. Next Monday, I'm going to be adding whole wheat bread & pasta in my diet again. I'm kinda scared and excited at the same time. I don't want it to stop my weight loss. I still have cheated/binged. My boyfriend even continues to buy chips/fast food and I don't have any. I'm pretty focused in my diet ATM. I really want to lose this weight. One of my goals is to lose weight for Halloween which is 1 month away. I'm wearing a short dress so... want to look my best hehe! My other goal is my new year resolution from last year was to reach my goal weight before 2012. I still have time to reach it and want to do it by then! My goal weight is 135-140lbs. I haven't weighed in since last Friday. The scale is calling my name HAHA! I stay away from it. I'll only weigh in next Friday. Well, off to fill up my water bottle. Hope you guys have a great day! :D

gatorgirl6
09-26-2011, 11:03 AM
@Sophie - I'm just doing the regular version. I read Phase 1 in Barnes & Noble and then came home and ordered a $3 used version online. I figure it will get here by the time I start Phase 2.

Well, today is Day 1. I weighed in this morning and still can't believe I let myself get here. 205.6. <eek!> Well, Hopefully soon that number will be long gone. I don't really know what to expect for this diet. Phase 1 says 30 min exercise and lots of veggies and fruit. I went to the store yesterday and stocked my fridge full of my fav fruits and veggies. I think I can do this... change that - I know I can do this. For my 30 min of exercise I think I am going to try to do the 30 day shred. Lets see how these two plans combine for me. :P

SophieCormier
09-26-2011, 12:52 PM
I didn't exercise during the first phase. I REALLY didn't feel like it so I just stuck to the diet. (I can't start exercise and diet at the same time, too much to think about at one time lol) I started walking during phase 2 though. I walk 45 mins 5 days a week. If you're a cooker (like PrimeTime calls me haha), find some good recipes and cook it in advance so that you don't stray. I found some good recipes that I still enjoy even on phase 2 and possibly 3.

Mmmmm! I bought myself a greek salad at the grocery store, it's DELICIOUS! For $3.99, will buy again! I noticed that I enjoy salads more now :D So from now on, it's going to be salads for lunch (Monday-Friday). I may add wraps from time to time during phase 3 to change things up if needed. I went walking by myself today during lunch. 25 mins. My co-worker didn't take a lunch. When I heard she wasn't coming, I got to thinking... should I go or shouldln't I? I then decided to go. Might as well! Then I'll only do 20 mins when I get home and I'll be good for the day! :D

Oh, and I saw my sister yesterday... She said she could tell I lost weight by my face and by the way my clothes were fitting. That was REALLY nice to hear. She's really encouraging me to keep going. She's always asking how the diet is going and stuff. I'm really loving my sister right now HAHA!

PrimeTime
09-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Welcome gatorgirl6, this diet is pretty managable once you figure out what you really like as opposed to just doing the program as it directs. It works better if you enjoy it! You can do this!

@Sophie I had measured myself aug 11 so I've already measured myself for the month of september, I do my measurements around that time. This weekend I had a lot of salad to. I didn't have time to make food twice, so I went to McDonalds and got a southwest grilled chicken salad w/o dressing. (320). That was satisfying. Doesn't it feel just great when all of your hard work is recognized! That is awesome!

Lastnight I made "Not so chicken fried rice" for lunch today and tomorrow. It was pretty good. This week is going to be a good week. Oh yea and I made it through the weekend without going overboard!

SophieCormier
09-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Ok, you have to post the recipe for that "Not so chicken fried rice" haha! Rice & Chicken are both something I love so that'll probably a recipe worth trying. Good for you for doing great this weekend! :D I can't believe I haven't had bread or pasta in 3 weeks! That's crazy for me! I feel so good lately. I have such a positive attitute compared to before. I'm also not feeling depressed. Unreal how food can change your attitude towards life. I can't wait to weigh in on Friday!!!

Edit: Oh, and on Friday, I'm going to the movies with my friends. I won't be able to buy some popcorn like I would normally do. I'll have to eat something filling before going because the smell of popcorn is going to kill me!!

PrimeTime
09-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Bring your own healthy little move snack! Me too! I can't weight (lol) to weigh in on Thursday. I didn't weigh myself at all this weekend. Normally, I weigh myself every hour.

Not so fried, chicken fried rice

Ingredients:

Pam
2 cups of Brown Rice
2 Chicken Breast
1/2 cup of egg whites
1 packet of Asian fried rice seasoning or 1/2 cup of soy sauce and 1 Table spoon of ginger
1 Table spoon of honey
1 bag of frozen broc stir fry
*I also added cayenne pepper

Put rice and chicken on to cook. Scrambled egg whites with pam. Put frozen veggies on top of scrambled eggs. When rice and chicken are done, add them into the mix. Add in the listed seasonings and stir thoroughly.

SophieCormier
09-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Mmmm! Sounds yummy! Will try that, thanks!
Do you have any ideas of what I should bring as a snack at the movies? I would need something salty for sure. Hmmmm...

SophieCormier
09-27-2011, 08:37 AM
I have a confession to make...
I've been having some Ice Coffees pretty often. I like them better than hot coffees. Do you guys think it's going to sabatoge my weight loss? It's a medium Ice Coffee from Tim Hortons.

PrimeTime
09-27-2011, 11:40 AM
If you get cucumber sprinkle either lime or lemon on top of them with a touch of salt that tastes pretty good. You could also do the same thing with an Apple accept you would just put salt on it. Or You could make your own healthy version of trailmix.

PrimeTime
09-27-2011, 11:40 AM
As for the iced coffees, I would limit that to once a week, maybe Friday's.

SophieCormier
09-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I didn't have iced coffees in the first phase and slowly started drinking them again during phase 2. It started at once a week, then it fell to the weekend, and then it fell to one a day pretty much. I'm going to have to limit myself to one a week like you said. As for snacks at the movie, don't really love cucumbers. Maybe apples but I'll look for more ideas online since the apple is going to go brown before I get to the movie lol.

SophieCormier
09-27-2011, 02:24 PM
I think I may go buy myself a cereal (something like Kashi) and put it in a bag and bring a bottle of water too. I think that could work. :)

gatorgirl6
09-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Mmm. I made my mom's veggies for dinner tonight. It's basically a bunch of squash, zuccini, and whatever other veggies you have on hand and want to throw in with a can of undrained tomatoes, covered and simmered. Cook until its well done and season to taste. Sometimes I throw in some salsa or tomato sauce. So good. I made enough for a couple days. This yummy meal should help me get through phase 1.

Day 2 was a success. Only 7 days left in phase 1. ... Not easy, but I can do it.

SophieCormier
09-28-2011, 05:46 AM
Sounds good gatorgirl6! :D I know you can do it! Just keep going. You'll see how easier it gets.

PrimeTime
09-28-2011, 04:41 PM
oh wow, that does sound good. I think I do the simplified version of that when I'm in a rush I get frozen veggies and grab a can of tomato soup and pour half of it on top. It's pretty good, but that sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. :D

gatorgirl6
09-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Another pretty successful day so far. A third of the way through phase 1. I didn't want to exercise today, so instead I just walked home from campus. My estimate is about 1.75 mi down a steep hill and took about 35 min. I'm not sure that counts...

I may have to go back to the store tomorrow or Friday. I hadn't realized how much produce you eat when that is pretty much your whole diet. lol. I am looking forward to being able to add some lean meats back into my diet. I also have noticed my sugar cravings to be going down some. I could still eat some at the drop of a hat, but I am not left thinking about how much I really want to.

PrimeTime- That does sound similar. The great thing about this veggie is you can make it with any flavor you want. This time I had a more italian type flavor and used basil, oregano, and garlic powder. Other times I have added some cooked chicken in it. The best so far has been 'unstuffed' peppers as my dad calls it. Its the same stuff as above with some seasoned lean beef added in and some peppers - my mom like bell so that's what she adds, but I normally do some hot peppers and use a can of spicy tomatoes and a touch of cheese. Fire roasted tomatoes or cream sherry can change the flavor or you can turn it into a thick chili if you add some beans (or not - I don't like beans) and some chili powder. Its a very flexible and yummy recipe.

SophieCormier
09-29-2011, 12:00 PM
You can go through a lot of produce with this diet haha! I'm at the store almost every day/2 days. It's crazy!
You seem to be doing great, gatorgirl6! Keep it up! :D
I stopped drinking my iced coffees every day. I stick to just coffee with milk & splenda. I'll just have my iced ones on Fridays like you mentioned.
Tomorrow is weigh in. I'm REALLY excited about this weigh in. I can't wait to know how much I lost. I keep looking at myself in the mirror and I can almost see me shrinking. It's exciting!
Not tomorrow but next Friday is day one of Phase 3. Can't wait for that!

Have a good day girls! Keep on smashing!

gatorgirl6
09-29-2011, 03:35 PM
I know a lot of people are not advocates of weighing every day, but I know that it works for me. When I see the number go down I get excited and if it doesn't I just work that much harder. It's crazy but since Monday I have lost 2 lbs! It's only Thursday! I am becoming less tempted to cheat and I look forward to hopping on the scale in the morning. I still don't like my weight, but I see the potential for the future. I know the weight loss will slow down soon, but for now I will ride the wave and keep this up as long as I can.

Well, I have almost gone through my whole fridge worth of veggies - except for my lettuce. For some reason, I feel like I don't want to eat salads. I will just want to put cheese and croutons and salad dressing on it and my other veggies are healthier. Tonight I will have to make a trip to the store to stock up again - all my strawberries, grapes, and raspberries are gone. :( There is an apple harvest festival this weekend and as it is my first fall in NY I just have to go and see all the goodies. Now, I just have to stay away from any cobbler or pies...

SophieCormier
09-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Yeah, I used to weigh in everyday during phase 1 but you slow down during phase 2. I was always the same thing every day so I figured I'd weigh in only every Friday. I didn't like it because I really though I would've done better than I did. I know I shouldn't put myself down. 1.6 lbs lost this week. I weighed in at 171.6 this morning. I was expecting more so, I didn't enjoy my weigh loss which I should've. I think I'm going to stick at weighing in every day but just counting the weigh ins on Friday. All I thought about all week was my weigh in on Friday and now that it passed, I'm like at :( for some reason.

Tomorrow, I'm going into town to buy myself some good shoes for jogging. I'm going to start jogging instead of walking. Next week, whole wheat bread & pasta are coming into my diet and I'm terrified of not losing any weight on that stage. I know I should't worry. Even on that phase, I'm eating less than I was before starting this diet so I should continue losing but I'm still scared.

PrimeTime
09-30-2011, 11:33 AM
That was my problem with the regular fat smash I only lost 1lb per week I didn't like it. But at least it's something:D. Stay Positive!

SophieCormier
09-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I'm still positive :) I'm good because I'm not starving or anything. The only things that are tough are if other people are eating foods I shouldn't and it's something I enjoy eating. After they finish though, I'm really happy with myself for staying strong. I stopped my iced coffees this week. Had one today though since Fridays are when I allow myself to have one. I ordered the Extreme Fat Smash book today from Amazon. I should be getting it between October 13-20. I was always curious as to what was so different between the two. I may also buy the 4 day one just to see what it is.

SophieCormier
10-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Weighed in this morning at 170.4 :D I knew I had lost more than 1.6 lbs! Oh well, I'm still going to put the weight from yesterday. But I'm happier now hehe!

gatorgirl6
10-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Sophie - That's great!

I weighed this morning too for some good news. I've lost 5lbs so far. :) My goal is to be under 200 by the end of phase 1 (or even better Monday). Now I, unlike most people, don't think of this a 'onederland.' My whole life with the exception of a couple months I have weighed under 200 - yet not always happy with my weight. I am not going to celebrate once again being at weight that at one time was my 'all-time-high.' I will celebrate continuing to see the scale go down and working towards a goal.

Hopefully today will be another successful day. I probably won't exercise - even though I should - I have WAY TOO MUCH homework and studying to do. Why did I decide to do grad school at an Ivy? Silly me!

SophieCormier
10-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Wow! you're doing great gatorgirl! :D Keep it up! I read your blog. I'll be following it. I wish I would've kept one from day 1.

gatorgirl6
10-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Well, I thought about food most of the day and didn't get much done on my HW. I guess that means I will be up late tonight and hopefully I can get my mind off food and on my studies. The good news is, I have stayed OP for food.

I need to start exercising again. On days I have school, I walk all over campus, up and down hills, for classes. But on days that I have off, I am a lazy bum who is stuck in her apt most of the day doing work for those courses. Honestly, I may not really get any extra exercise in until Friday because of how much I really need to get done. Once Friday hits I will have no excuse. My Goal is to work out at least 3 days btwn Friday and Tuesday next week. Hopefully my weight loss won't slow too much before then.

SophieCormier
10-03-2011, 05:56 AM
I weighed in this morning at 169.0!!! I'm so happy! Finally in the 160s. I'm also finished with phase two on Friday, starting phase 3. I've never gotten to this phase during my first attempts so that's a good sign. I've never been so focused on a diet in my life. Let's hope I don't screw it.

gatorgirl6
10-03-2011, 06:22 AM
My weigh in this morning was less happy than I had hoped and expected... 200.0. The exact same as yesterday. Now, I got up much earlier and I think this effected the weigh in. I have a tough day ahead of me. I will just have to stay strong and look forward to a bigger loss tomorrow.

SophieCormier
10-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Don't worry, I had some days where my weight even went up a couple but then went back down. Now though, it's going down as if my body has now adjusted to the way of eating. I told my boyfriend I would probably cry when I hit 165 on the scale. My lowest weight was 166 but didn't last too long. I feel like I'll be hitting 165 soon!

margarita124
10-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi guys-
Great to see everyone's progress here-I love seeing the updates and am inspired by your gains (personally) and losses (lbs!)

Today is Day 1 of original smash plan-we are just starting the 1st cycle. I food shopped like a maniac yesterday and think I'll need more fruit and yogurt before Friday!
Unfortunately, it's TOM for me-woke up with cramps and feeling crabby.:devil:

Water all day-this is tough!, I brewed some green peach tea to have iced if I have a craving.

So far:
breakfast
>1 4 oz cup black tea w/ stevia (I knew I'd trigger migraine if I stopped caffiene immediately-normally, its 3 cups w/ cream and sugar!)
>1 Oatmeal muffin from the recipes page- yum!

snack
>chunks of honeydew melon

lunch
>6 oz Smoothie with Light Choc Soy milk, no fat yogurt, banana and strawberries

Planned for rest of day:

>snack- cukes&carrots with dill/yogurt dip

>dinner-big salad/veggies w/ FF dressing

>snack- apple bake w/ oatmeal- also from recipe thread

I don't feel hungry and am in a controlled environment-LOL so I'm not smelling any intruder food smells-coffee, drive through, people heating up leftovers, etc.
I'm a little worried about protein-I'm not an egg eater...so I'm trying to get some chick peas in to every salad and keeping up with the yogurt. I'm afraid that by the end of this week, I'll want some chicken!
I have a crazy work week ahead with 2 late nights- Tues-Thursday-I hope I can time my meals to prevent cravings.

SophieCormier
10-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Welcome margarita124! Good to have you join us! This diet is tough in the beginning but you'll see how easy it becomes. You'll feel awesome once the 9 days are up and you see the weight loss. It encourages you to keep going. I thought the apple bake was good mixed with some yogurt. Wasn't as dry and was REALLY good. I bought the ingredients to do some more. I've done like 3 batches already ha! I enjoy it for breakfast. It's healthy and filling.
I just had a salad and omg, was it ever good! Really enjoyed it. I can't believe I'm saying that salad is good. I used to HATE salads but now, I'm used to it and look forward to them every day.

PrimeTime
10-03-2011, 01:59 PM
WOW guys, that's awesome! Great motivators! I managed to lose 3lbs this past week. One weekend I had ballooned all the way up to my starting weight. I'm just now finally coming back down. :) Staying Positive and Focused.

margarita124
10-03-2011, 02:03 PM
thanks for the support and suggestions on the apple bake!
I'm headed out for a walk-I'd rather watch TV or read outside- BUT I'm going to walk and then read outside on my deck!

>>random FatSmash questions for you guys??

I realized I didn't fir in my brown rice today-does tht make a difference? I'm mking the baked rice tonight to have for the week.

When can I have tuna (not tuna steaks, canned white in water) ? Does that wait until P2, along with "Meat" as the book refers to it;)? I find the book to be very loose...

condiments during P1- can I really have a low fat mayo? If so, I'd mix it w/ the tuna (if allowed) and make lettuca wraps.

trying to get creative! ;)

SophieCormier
10-03-2011, 03:34 PM
PrimeTime: YAY! YOU GO GIRL! That's the way to do it!

margarita124: For your brown rice question, do you mean you didn't have brown rice today? You don't have to if you don't want to. I usually eat some with my meat for dinner. I don't know if you ever tried Sweet Potatoes. I know those are good as well. As for Tuna, I'm not a tuna eater so I'm not sure. You could always try it on phase 2. From there you'll see how your body reacts to it. I know I've had some pork a couple of times during phase 2 and I guess I wasn't supposed to... oopsie! I guess I won't be buying Pork Chops for a while haha! You learn as you go. I don't have the book with me ATM but I do think you can have some mayo on phase 2. I know you can also have 2 tsp of butter. :)

gatorgirl6
10-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Well, today was a wash. I'm not sure how the scale will respond in the morning, but I wasn't 100% on plan - I also had no choice. I was on sort of a work trip today. I spent the day in the hospital (I'm not sick, I'm designing medical devices). We had a sort of working lunch and there was no way to leave and get my own lunch. They ordered pizza and soda. No options - that or don't eat. So I had a slice and a little diet soda. I didn't over do it. Then for dinner we went as a group to a deli... great. So I ordered a sandwich (only at the meat - turkey breast) and some watermelon. We did walk around the hospital all day and had an hour break where we walked from the hospital to central park and back (~1hr walk). I think I did the best with what I had, but I also know it wasn't on plan. I think I may trying staying on Phase 1 for a couple extra days and see if that helps get me on the right track.

SophieCormier
10-04-2011, 08:28 AM
It happens gatorgirl. It happened to me on phase 1 that I ate a canned tomato soup that was full of perservatives. This was before I started eating salads. As long as you keep going, you should be fine. You just need to learn from your mistakes and be prepared for next time. Life isn't perfect, everyone makes mistakes.
I weighed in this morning at 170.6.. boo! I love the 169 a LOT better. Haha! Oh well. I had a good dinner last night. I put a sweet potato in the oven, boyfriend prepared some T-Bone steaks on the grill. I added a bit of butter and salt on my sweet potato. It was an EXCELLENT meal! I loved it. I hadn't tried a baked sweet potato before. I really enjoyed it. I did my apple bake last night. That's what I ate for breakfast, mixed with a yogurt of course ;)

margarita124
10-04-2011, 09:35 AM
OK-Day 1down-not bad but by bedtime I was thinking about chips and dip and ice cream sundaes.
Today- Day 2- CRAP! I woke to get clothes from dryer to find basement in two inches water-sump isn't working and my wetvac is onthe fritz.
I officailly need a cup of coffee-NOW.
going to get coffee-not a donut or anything else- just coffee-It's not starting out to be a fab day:(

SophieCormier
10-04-2011, 10:30 AM
margarita124 - Awwww! I'm sorry to hear that. That surely is no fun to wake up to. Good for you for not having that donut :)

gatorgirl6
10-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Sophie - First off, you have to tell me about this apple bake. I have been wanting something like it, but don't know how to make it OP.

Weirdly enough, I don't think I made a mistake yesterday. I reacted the only way I could in the given situation. I literally had no choice. Because of that, I don't feel bad about it at all - just a little frustrated that I may not see the loss I was hoping for (or any at all) for a couple days because of it.

On to another super stressful day. I have to study all day long for a test on Thursday morning and tonight I have to proctor a gen chem test (I'm a TA).

SophieCormier
10-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Apple bake is REALLY simple to make. I just use a baking dish, put one cup of oatmeal at the bottom of the dish, cut up 2 apples into small pieces, put on top of layer of oatmeal, put some cinnamon and some splenda and then I put another cup of oatmeal on top of all of it. Put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 mins depending on the size of your apples. Voila! :) Like I said though, it's dry so what I do, I take a bowl, put some in it, take a yogurt and mix it together. I like the activia vanilla yogurt. It's REALLY good!

margarita124
10-04-2011, 04:48 PM
I made the apple bake last night for a "treat" and then had some for breakfast today. Pretty good-added lots of cinnamon and nutmeg, cloves.
Also am loving the smoothies-I am not a yogurt lover but eat the Chobani 0% for protein-I've been tossing one of those into the blender with other stuff and YUM
hoe you all had a good day

SophieCormier
10-05-2011, 08:33 AM
I just love the smell of my apple bake cooking in the oven. Cinnamon is just so yummy!
I have a magic bullet and it's the best thing for making smoothies. I throw in a banana, frozen fruits and milk (Vanilla soy milk is the BEST).
I weighed in this morning at 170.0. I haven't exercised this week yet. I can't go walking because of the nasty weather we're having. I don't have any excuse though, I have an exercise bike at home. I need to do it tonight!

Have a good day girls! Keep on smashing!

SophieCormier
10-05-2011, 11:10 AM
I had bought a Ebook online for $40.00 without even knowing what it was. (I know, I'm crazy!) But the website said that if you're not satisfied with the diet, you can get reinbursed. The more I read on it, the more curious I was till I decided to buy it. It's called the Action Weight Loss. It states that you can lose 10-15lbs in the first 10 days and then lose 10% of your weight ever month. I haven't tried it yet but I printed it and the more I read on it, the more I'd like to try it. The first 10 days are a bit wacky and are probably REALLY hard to do but it gets a whole lot easier after those days. I want to lose a lot of weight for Halloween but it's not going fast right now. I know slower is better but I ordered a costume and I'm afraid of it not looking good on me because I still have weight to lose. It's a short dress... I love this diet don't get me wrong. I feel like trying it and if I can't, to just continue on with this diet. What do you guys think? I'm pretty confused on what to do here...

gatorgirl6
10-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Sophie - I tried to google it, but there is no real information about what the diet entails. Plus, every 'review' I found was clearly made by them. What does it entail? I don't really know how to give advice about it with no info on it. lol.

SophieCormier
10-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Ok, I'll explain the diet. It consists of three phase. Phase 1 is 10 days and is the reset phase. There's only a couple of items you can eat on each day. Example, day 1, you eat Soup & watermellon. There's no breakfast. You're only allowed a coffee with sweetner & calorie free creamer (don't think that exist?). You eat at 11AM, 2PM, 5PM, 8PM of the things it tells you to eat. Every day is different items. After that, you go in phase 2, it gets much better. Depending on your height & weight, you have a diet made up for you. With my weight and height, I have 5 servings of protein (100 cals each), 2 servings of dairy (100 cals each), 2 fruits (100 cals each), 5 vegetables (100 cals each), 1 fat & 1 carb (200 cals each). It gives you a list of foods also to choose from. You also get two cheat days during the month where you can stray from the plan. You can eat anything just don't overdo it. You decide when to use these days. You also get a really good exercise program to follow on each phase. Phase 3 is the maintenance phase. I think it would be easy to follow. It's just the first part that's kinda scary lol. But all the exercise is something you do at home. You get different exercises depending on which category you fall in. Phase two takes around 30-45 mins to do a day which is very doable.
I don't know if I missed something. lol I tried to search everywhere for reviews on this and didn't find anything. Like you said, it's all something they wrote themselves. I'm willing to give it a try and blog about it. But I'm still not sure...

margarita124
10-05-2011, 08:02 PM
sophie- keep us posted-sounds interesting.

Day 3 of smash-I want coffee and chocolate. But I'm tolerating it ok.

I find I am super hungry at night with this phase-does it get better?

SophieCormier
10-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks margarita124 :)
It gets better but I sometimes go to bed with my tummy growling (like last night), I just ignore it and go to bed. I always tell myself that I'll eat when I get up in the morning so the sooner I sleep, the sonner I'll eat (not really but you know what I mean haha).

My official weigh in is tomorrow and I weighed in this morning at 170.0... again...
My weight loss is really slowing down. I hate it! Tomorrow I'm starting bread & pasta and it'll probably slow down even more so I think I'm going to try the other diet for a while. See how that goes. I'll wait after Thanksgiving though so I'm going to stick to this diet until I start the new one. I'll probably start the new one next Monday.

SophieCormier
10-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Weighed in this morning at 169.6. It's in the 160s so I'm happy. That's 1.8lbs down from last Friday. I didn't do exercise this week so I knew it wasn't going to be a big weight loss. How is everyone doing? Any weight loss?