General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/172/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Default I think I sleep too much :(

I've noticed that in the past few months my sleep patterns have gotten messed up. I now work part-time and hours that are totally random. Like, it might be 11-7 one day, 6-10p.m. another day or 12-5 another day. So, it is easy to sleep in...but I feel like I am sleeping in too long and often :/
Like, I could go to sleep at 10 and wake up between 8-10 a.m. the next day depending on what time I work. That is almost 10-12 hours!
How do I fix this? Do I just start waking myself up and do something else like read or workout even if I'm sleepy?
I also know it isn't my mattress since the mattress is about 2 or so years old. It should have more life to it...
So, I don't know if I'm just super sleepy, or over exercising/under eating or have just taught myself to sleep all day.
Dagny18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5'1"

I think it's the work hours you have. I feel the same way sometimes, when my shift at work gets crazy. My sleeping schedule would go out of whack then it would make me want to sleep more than I should.
marianne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

It's probably just your crazy schedule. Your body is probably like wtf is going on? lol. If you need to just set an alarm before you go to bed.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #4  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Because your shifts change your body will do that. When I worked afternoons from 2 - 10 I'd be in bed by noon and not want to get up before one and even then I was still tired. You just have to get your body adjusted and set an alarm everyday and get up at the same time.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/172/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Thanks, I figured it had to be the hours. When I finished college and had no job I didn't sleep this much!
I was thinking it could be my thyroid...I'm hypo and on meds. I can't get my levels tested until my insurance covered it...or maybe SADD like lack of sunlight because it is winter...
I think I might try to set an alarm and wake up around 8 or 9 each day
Dagny18 is offline   Reply With Quote