WW Food and Point Issues - New to WW and have a points question

TrixieFL
03-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Hello. I just joined Weight Watchers yesterday and I have a question about how to use my Weekly points Allowance and my Activity points. This morning I did a 30 min dance workout and this evening I will do a 30 minute walk that will probably be considered moderate in exertion. Do I get to add those points I earned onto today's total points I am allowed (29) or do I use up my Weekly Points Allowance first and then add on any extra points I've earned? Since its my first day and I didn't budget correctly because I had lunch out with a friend, I am out of points and starving. I've already eaten an apple and grapes but I am never going to make it without dinner. So do I add the points I've earned onto my daily total or use points from my weekly total first? Thanks so much for the help. I hope to budget my points better tomorrow!

skinnycow126
03-08-2011, 06:01 PM
As long as you have points in the bank, it doesn't matter where you take them from. Some ppl like to use activity points on the day they earn them, others prefer weeklies. Do whatever is easiest for you!

Smashley
03-08-2011, 07:37 PM
My leader explains is like this: use your daily points first, then your weekly allowance points. If you still need to use points then you can dip into your activity points. You can use them anyway you want though. Don't worry about using your allowance or activity points, thats what their there for, you'll still lose weight. I always dip into my allowance points a bit during the week but I don't use them all.

Koshka
03-08-2011, 08:02 PM
I use my activity points first. I tend to use them on the day of the activity since activity makes me more hungry. I do sometimes use Weekly points but usually don't use more than 10 and sometimes none at all.

TrixieFL -- The biggest mistake people make on activity is thinking it is higher intensity than it really is. It is much safer -- particularly early on before you know how your body reacts -- to count activity as low intensity.

TrixieFL
03-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks so much for the advice!