New Pages

:carrot:

Tejas
03-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Good Morning....off to tap practice, BBL

beach bum
03-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Thanks for the new pages RHONDA,hope you have fun at your tap practicing class.

NANCY-You poor thing!! You have been going though so much,with this horrible disease your Robin has. Yes you were normal I had the same with the mixed feeling when my DH had cancer.I had no family up here but my hubby, and that was scary.Stay close & talk to the Lord he will strengthen you like he did me,& in return I gained true friends that I now call my sisters.

PAM-No don't say the four letter word,I'm sick of the snow,but I was ,lucky it didn't come my way/Thanks for the congrats,wish it was a little more but with the lack of exercising I have no chance.

VICKIE-Sorry about your 3 lb gain,you'll get it down again. I think we have a duplicate new pages on the board. I'm posting over hear as i saw Rhonda's pages first.

Have to go and meet my friend at the gym to sign up for the walking/tour.Will be back later.

ems81wales
03-07-2011, 05:19 PM
hey girls hope your all ok? Thanks sandra for the support i hope you are ok you do loads for people in need good on you xxx

ontarget
03-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Ems, you are too sweet. Thank you so much. I appreciate you so much. I am very proud of each and every one of you chickies here. I thoroughly enjoy reading about all of your successes and am trying to get them to rub off onto me.

Rhonda and Maryann, sounds like you had your day planned. You, too, Vickie. I haven't done much at all today except run some errands this morning. Curtis and I have had a lazy Monday the rest of the time.

Tejas
03-07-2011, 10:09 PM
So, shall we use these pages? I think I was a bit ahead of you this morning Vickie??

I had a good day with food and exercise program, and am turning in early.

sloanie
03-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Just got back from Bible study. Isaiah is full of prophecy, but it is also full of promises. One we read tonight is 49:16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands. What a thought! God has our names engraved in the palms of his hands!! Awesome :D

I am half heartedly eating kinda low carb and have lost a couple of pounds. I am trying to eat only meats and small amounts of fruits and veggies. I don't know how long that will last, but I think it's helping me get back on track. I'm watching you all lose weight, and I'm so excited for you all! Vickie, even though you say you have gained three pounds, look at your ticker!! It's awesome. Let us know how ww goes.

Nancy, I'm praying!!!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Have a good night.

Tejas
03-08-2011, 01:05 PM
I was at the gym at 6:15 this morning :faint: My day and week are so busy I had to go then or not get my four routines in this week and have a rest day.

After that I went to tap practice. Then DH and I went out for Fat Tuesday pancakes. Don't forget yours! I've been awake so long that I've eaten 2/3 of my calories already. Salad, cottage cheese and protein powder for the rest of the day!

I lost another pound (of course, the pancakes might change that:lol:).

BBL

ontarget
03-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Sloan, that's a beautiful thought. Thank you for sharing.

Rhonda, I am amazed at your energy. Doyle and my grandmother was a lot like you. She kept the road hot. Congrats on sending another pound away.

Vickie, I agree with Sloan. You're doing fantastically!

I just got home from WW. I didn't wi as I'm back on the "not weighing very often" spree. Got me 6 months of food journal trackers. I really enjoy having the spiral booklets.

Biggest Loser tonight. Life is good.

Tejas
03-08-2011, 01:19 PM
I wish I had the energy to do more cardio, but I don't....at least not yet.

Have a great day...BBL

beach bum
03-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a wonderful yesterday with my friend .We first went to the gym to sign up for the walking tour again. Its starts up in April and end at the end of May. Than we headed for Walmart to have my pictures from my camera to be developed 155 photos. My DD told me that I didn't have enough room on the magazine and the man told me differently. After he made a disc for my photos he erased the mag and now I can start taking pictures again. Once that was done we went to subways & I ordered a child size 4" sub with roast beef and the works. Than I brought Alice back to my house and we watched a video and than had Danish & tea.

This morning I had a doctors appointment for a follow up of my knee. That went well than I told him at I had a problem with my left hand with the tingling along with pins & needles 24 hrs a day without stopping. I now have to go back for PT with my therapist John for the next couple of weeks to see if I get rid of this thing. If not, I might have to go for surgery to remove the deterring disc,as the problem was a the base of my neck with a deterring disc.

SLOANE=I think that I have to lower my carbs again,but which ones is the question????? I love bread pasta & rice,and that the only carbs I use.Except if potatoes,corn and beets are carbs I have lots of them. I like the Reading from Isaiah thanks for sharing.

SANDRA-My friend always has lots of ideas to get us started and to enjoy the rest of the day.Lucky I have her.

RHONDA-I had pancakes this morning also,but mine were low fat ones from the Bisquick healthy hearty mix.

Have a great day,see you some time tomorrow afternoon after Ash Wed Services.

ontarget
03-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Ladies, I have an announcement to make. My dear friend kellygirltexas is going to join us sometime soon. Kelly is my OA sponsor!! Well, she's more than my sponsor; she's my dear friend. Kelly is working the CORE program for her first time and is doing great. You are going to love her and her enthusiasm. We just got off the phone a few minutes ago. Her excitement for CORE is very contagious. I always feel uplifted after chatting with her. She's a world of knowledge. I am so glad she's decided to join us.

:welcome: Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhonda, I will do some :ebike: while watching BL tonight. I know I need to do more, but it's just not happening yet. Maybe some day I'll hear the click.

Maryann, you're lucky to have your gf to walk with. Makes me smile.

Paula, thank you for your help with the dairy question.

Guess I'd best get off here now and go outside. Our weather is gorgeous! I need to soak up some sun. Catch ya'll later.

pam920
03-08-2011, 05:56 PM
hello chickies.

The weather is gorgeous here too. Sandra, you are doing better than I am in the exercise department. Why is it so difficult to stay motivated? I did rake leaves for over an hour today, does that count?

Maryann, glad you are joining a walking group. I know you love doing that. Hope the PT goes well.

missing JOJO. Hope she is having a wonderful time, and we know she is.

Rhonda, you are just too busy.

sloan, your ticker is pretty awesome too.

My hubby told me today that it looks like I've lost more weight, but I haven't. Been stuck for a month, but no gain. I know I need to add exercise, but I'm lazy. There, I've said it. I'm lazy.

hi ems.

Welcome Kelly. I did core until this newest program. Love it.

ontarget
03-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Pam, it sounds like your body's firming even if you haven't lost any more pounds. Kudos to dh for noticing! Yes, I definitely think you can count raking leaves as exercise.

Tuesday:
:ebike:

sloanie
03-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Pouring down rain and cold here. There is even a slight chance for snow on Thursday. I have been staying away from all breads and starchy veggies; also, no rice or pasta. I'm going to "choir practice" on Thursday, so I'm not sure how margaritas, I mean Mexican music, will fit in with my plan. I may have to "sing a couple of Mexican songs" anyway.

Sandra, I'm excited about meeting your friend. She sounds fun!

Maryann, your day sounds nice.

Rhonda, congrats on the loss. I was invited to Fat Tuesday at my mom's church, but I decided to stay home and eat low carb. Have a pancake or two for me!!!

Pam, it's nice when the hubby notices our efforts. Congrats!!!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!!

Vickie
03-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Hello Chicks! I promise, PROMISE to be better soon. I just almost finished my first day on program. I've been SO busy. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do this combination of JC and WW points plus/Core. My head is spinning.

I'm off to try to calculate my old Core chili that is for dinner tomorrow into WW PP. Hope there are points left for Core cornbread.

Kelly.....can't wait to meet you! Any friend of Sandra's is a friend of ours. There is no nicer corner of the internet anywhere. I'm sure you can teach us a lot.

Tejas
03-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Hi again:

I had a lovely nap this afternoon, and then went to a meeting.

I read on the WebMD site that eating 7 calories for each pound of bodyweight is a good standard for trying to lose weight at a safe rate. So, if one weighed 200 pounds, it would be 1400 calories. I've read on another site that carbs should match body weight. So, for me that would be 1267 calories with 181 grams of carbs a day. I don't know how "true" all of this is, but there it is for your consideration. Of course, the carbs should be "good carbs." I think I'll aim for this and see what happens.

pam920
03-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Morning all. I have that scratchy throat and slight congestion again. I think I stirred up the pollen when I was raking yesterday. I just started feeling better. More leaves need to be raked.

Rhonda, I hate all that counting. That is what I like about Simply Filling. I know what I can have and know what needs to be counted. I would drive myself insane trying to keep track of carbs, etc. Let us know how it goes.

sloan, hope you don't get snow. My husband will get antsy in April, to head back to KY, but I'm holding off until the first of May.

Vicki, best of luck trying to do both. Will you still purchase JC foods?

Vickie
03-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Completed day 1 and on to day 2. My head is still spinning. I love my Leader but she didn't do a very good job of describing the new program. I'm glad I have etools since I can track when I'm out on my iPhone. I just added two recipes through recipe builder. It's a lot of work to do it EXACTLY as presented. I'm not sure what the Simply Filling Technique is or how it works. I asked her if I had all the old Core information but I'm not sure she understood what I was asking. She was not a Core person. I'll have plenty of time to wrestle it to the ground in the coming months! I'll share what I learn.

Rhonda, naps are good. I'm not getting any lately. Harumph! 7 calories a pound would be nearly 1800 for me which is less than the 1500 calories that JC had me on. I wonder if it caps out at some point?

So far, I'm just eating my 35 daily points. I've got a birthday lunch out on Friday with my GF and a family birthday party on Saturday, so I'm trying to save my 49 points for then. I'm actually going to try not to use too many since I'm scared of them. Yesterday, I only ate 34 of the 35 points. Today, I've planned out all of my food and still have 2 points to pick. I have to go through the 2 point list to see if anything strikes my fancy!

Pam, my plan is to buy and eat the JC foods that I like alot, plus start to cook again and wean myself off of JC. I'll also still be having my once a week date night dinner out at a restaurant. And, maybe once in a while I'll have my Chipotle burrito bowl with no rice. Yum.

We'll see. I'm sure lots of adjustments will need to be made. I had shredded wheat and blueberries this morning around 7:30 and I'm already hungry again. This always happens to me when I start a new program. All I'm doing is living and breathing it. It makes me hungry to deal with the planning and stuff. Addict that I am.

Gotta go but I'll be back soon!

Drink your water.....I don't want mine but I'm drinking it anyway!

Tejas
03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
I find it easy to track the carbs, calories, etc because I just plug what I eat into fitday.com and it does the calculating. All I know for sure is that I need to shake something up to start losing again.

So, I shook my body up and started my day with a spinning class. I've got to get more of that in and am going to try for 3 times a week. Or, at least some kind of cardio.

Good luck, Vickie!!

beach bum
03-09-2011, 12:50 PM

Just go home from Ash Wed Mass where the choir sand and than to a lecture from the parish priest about confessions. They had a luncheon that followed but I had my fish dinner ready for cooking.

SANDRA-We had a fun group last year on the walking tour as my friend & I are really looking forward to trying it again. Thanks for introducing us to your friend Kelly looking forward to her post.

PAM-You might of lost inches,congrats :carrot: to our shrinking woman.Sometime other people have to tell us as we can' see for ourselves. I'm looking forward to the walking group as we do have conversion while we walk and it makes that fun. Hope that The PT will walk as I don't like the idea going under a knife.

Have to go my dinner is ready have a nice day

Vickie
03-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Mary Ann, I like walking too. I need to do more. Brodie will enjoy our walks together. I've been planning my food for all week. It's hard creating the data base. I'm determined to follow the new program without tweaking. I'm convinced the are on to something. That's a big part of why I went back.

Tummy is growling. THAT hasn't happened in a while. What does that tell you? I'm having 1 cup cooked whole wheat rotini, 1/2 cup light cottage cheese and one tablespoon smart balance light cooked into a kind of cottage cheese casserole. I grew up with this kind of dish during lent when I was a kid. It's kind of a comfort food item for me. Yum.

BBL!

Vickie
03-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Ate my lunch and I'm STILL hungry!!!!!!! What is wrong with me? Better have my orange and glasses of water 7 & 8.

I changed my tracker. I feel happy and hopeful and ready for Spring.

ems81wales
03-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi pam hope your well?

Sandra the more the merrier :D

I have wi tomorrow i want to loose 1.5lbs to get my first stone since i started back so fingers crossed. My usual loss is a lb so im hoping for a miracle hehe xxxx

pam920
03-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Vicki, simply filling technique is basically the core program. They have added a few things to the sft and taken some off that were on core. Now, u can have reduced calorie breads, where u used to have to count them as points. Avocado, u count points, where they used to be free. I actually like the newest program better than Core. When I eat cereal, I am hungry a couple hours later. I find oatmeal (I prefer steel cut oats) keeps me satisfied longer. Also, your fruit is free, so have an apple, orange, banana or berries, when you get hungry. Wasa with skinny cow is very satisfying for me, for a snack. I find fiber keeps me fuller, longer.

We went to Applebee's for lunch. I was good and had a salad. I wanted a good old fashioned burger and fries, but passed. I did eat a couple fries off my husbands plate.

I think my problem, other than not exercising, is I need to track and maybe cut out a few snacks. I found these chips that are low calorie/fat and when they are in the house, I eat them. Making a mental note not to buy them for awhile.

Maryann, I wish I was close to you. I would join your walking group.

Hi ems. Hope you have a great WI.

Rhonda, you are doing killer workouts. I don't know what you could do to shake things up. Maybe shake up your eating??? Go high calorie, then low calorie??? I hear that works sometimes.

ems81wales
03-09-2011, 04:56 PM
cheers pam i made a smoothie the other day that filled me up and it was only 2 points :D xxx

Tejas
03-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Pam, I've thought of that and might try it. I think that for 3 weeks I'm going to try 1300 calories with moderate carbs and low fat and add the cardio into weight training. If that doesn't bring a change, I'll try something else.

A problem is going to be that I will be in NM for five days this month with all that wonderful Mexican food and great beers! I will have to find some form of exercise, but I will be hiking and scrambling over rocks and boulders.

pam920
03-09-2011, 05:46 PM
I just did 2 mile walk. How do you post those emoticons? I found a cute one, but don't know where to store it so I can use it on here.

Vickie
03-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Wow, Rhonda. That sounds low. Is that safe for someone working out as hard as you do?

Pam, I'm impressed. No exercise for me yet. You have to click the go advanced button underneath where you type your message. Then you'll see all the emoticons.

I ate my chili and cornbread. It was delicious if I don't say so myself. I also had homemade applesauce. I'm satisfied for now. I get a double dark chocolate zone bar and a glass of skim milk in about 45 minutes. Then bed. Woo Hoo. What a party girl I am.

Tejas
03-09-2011, 09:26 PM
I think it is OK, Vickie. I've been eating at 1500 and not losing. A few weeks lower isn't going to hurt, I don't think. If I'm really hungry, I do something different.

I'm going to try to eat really "clean" as they call it, minimal amount of anything processed. On workout days, I'll likely eat a little more.

Pam, did you time yourself on your walk?

Don't get too wild there, Vickie! ;)

nancy237
03-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Robin is still in ICU and has been put on a breathing machine. It is such a helpless feeling to just wait and pray. They now know he has the flu and maybe
also a bacterial pneumonia. The doctor has encouraged us that he has had other similar patients that have used the breathing machine for a few days
and done fine. I have been an emotional wreck all week. I had been handling things very well but watching him struggle with his breathing all week has put me over the edge.
I called my doctor today to see if I could get something to calm my nerves and
the PA said I would have to come in for a visit which isn't possible. I wonder what would help.

pam920
03-09-2011, 10:22 PM
:running: = 2 miles

Nancy, so sorry to hear Robin isn't doing well. They had my dad on a breathing machine when he had his stroke, and they weaned him off. I hope you can find something to settle your nerves.

Tejas
03-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Oh my goodness Nancy, you do have a lot to handle now. Of course they can wean people off these machines and they do it everyday. The disease is the threat, as you know. I'm so sorry. Are you absolutely sure that it is impossible for you to see your doctor. If it is then have you thought about asking Robin's doctor if he can help you find someone you can see?

beach bum
03-10-2011, 09:58 AM

Had a great night sleep and today I'm going to take it easy.Maybe go down to the beach to get a little sun & walking in. Than sometime this afternoon try my WATP's tape for 15 min. Must be into some kind of shape & get ready for the walking/tour I joined.

Mary Ann, I like walking too. I need to do more. Brodie will enjoy our walks together. I've been planning my food for all week. It's hard creating the data base. I'm determined to follow the new program without tweaking. I'm convinced the are on to something. That's a big part of why I went back.

VICKIE-You're lucky to have Brody walk with you.I think If I had a dog I would walk more. Or maybe its just trying to get out after the surgery its only been 8 wks.Looking forward to Spring where I can go out every day.That's good that your planning your meals ahead. Are you going to use the Core foods or the Flex ones???

Maryann, I wish I was close to you. I would join your walking group.

PAM-Did you check to see if you have any type of walking group in your town???? I'm going to try to incorporate some of my snacks in with my meals like fruit or yogurt and than have a a large protein shake at night to keep full.Pam I very impress with your 2 mile walking per day your doing great.

NANCY-I'm so sorry that you have so much on your plate.If you can't get to the doctor for some of prescription to calm you nerves I agree with the girls ask Robins doctors or the hospital what you can take.

Have to go, want to get dressed and go down to the beach,Pam inspired me to get out there & take a walk.

Vickie
03-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Nancy, I am SO sorry about Robin's infection. I agree with Rhonda. I would seek assistance at the hospital where Robin is and with Robin's Doctors. You have a history with them now and there is no reason they shouldn't be willing to either prescribe something themselves or get you with someone at the hospital who can talk to you. I'm praying for both of you. I just know they will conquer these infections. I understand completely where you are. Jim is my best friend and I know exactly how I'd feel if I were in your shoes. You are helpless but God isn't.

Vickie
03-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Mary Ann, my plan is to use primarily Core/power foods. But, I confess, I'm still a bit confused about the plan. I'll be staying after again next Monday to ask some more questions.

I love my tracker. I can't wait until it starts moving downward again.

Tejas
03-10-2011, 12:23 PM
yes, Vickie, that is one really cool tracker :)

ems81wales
03-10-2011, 03:18 PM
sorry to hear things aint been to good nacy i hope things get better for robin x

I lost half a lb tonight was abit gutted as i wanted my stone but hopefully il get it next week x

pam920
03-10-2011, 07:24 PM
ems, congrats on 1/2 lb. It all adds up in the end. I know how you feel about missing out on your stone, but there is always next week.

I managed to finally drop another pound. Been almost a month for me.

Rhonda, I did 2 miles in 30 minutes.

Been gone all day. Settling in for a night of tv. American Idol, Grey's, Private Practice. Love Thursday nights.

Vicki, ask your leader for the simply filling technique hand out. It gives a list of what you can eat. I'm surprised she is talking Core with you. From what I hear, they have completely quit discussing the old plans and it's stricly points plus now.

Maryann, I haven't a clue where to try to find a group here.

Tejas
03-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Pam, 30 minutes...that's good.

I had a good afternoon at the gym, then picked up my almost 7 year old great niece and we planted flowers here, made spaghetti for dinner and went to a story telling festival. I don't get to see much of her alone and I'm trying to get more of that. We had fun and I bought her a puppet that she said she would learn to tell a story with.

pam920
03-10-2011, 10:59 PM
where is Sandra? I was watching The Joy Behar Show and Shirley Jones was a quest. She is so pretty and she reminded me of Sandra. Does anyone see the resemblance?

sloanie
03-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Nancy, just stopping by to see how things are going with everyone, and I saw your post about Robin. I'm so sorry you are both going through that. I love what Vickie said: You are helpless, but God isn't. Hang in there! I'm prayin'

Vickie
03-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

HUGE Congratulations to Ems and Pam for losses this week. Your hard work is paying off.

Rhonda, you had a fun day. We have our Great Nephew on Sunday while his Mom and two sisters go to a baby shower. We RARELY have him alone and it will be fun. I'm looking forward to it.

Sloan, it's always great to see you. I was wondering about Sandra too, though, I've been messaging with her and think she is ok.

I've done 3 days on program. Yesterday at the restaurant was hard. I have another restaurant today, a birthday party tomorrow, and a lunch out with the Great Nephew on Sunday. AND....I'm having the nerve to hope for a loss on Monday! This is really putting the program to the test.

Gotta go eat breakfast and get ready.

ems81wales
03-11-2011, 10:52 AM
cheers pam and vicki :D

well done pam xxxx

beach bum
03-11-2011, 03:24 PM

Had my PT meeting with my therapist and next week he going to put my neck in traction. It seems that when he did the traction manually that hand started to feel better. So he told me he's going to let me on the traction machine and see what happens.

Was suppose to go to the PB club but the heavy rains put a damper on that.Oh well there's always next week. Its that horrible about the earth quake in Japan and than tsunami that killed all those poor people. Now its heading for the west coast.

Mary Ann, my plan is to use primarily Core/power foods. But, I confess, I'm still a bit confused about the plan. I'll be staying after again next Monday to ask some more questions.

VICKIE- That sound like its doable,especially using core foods you won't get in trouble with that.I agree ask all the questions you want,if you want to program to work. WW never worked for me.as I ditched the diets and just count calories and carbs.

Maryann, I haven't a clue where to try to find a group here.

PAM-That's to bad,maybe at a local senior citizen center you could ask if they would start a group like that in your town.

Have a great day & evening see you in the morning.

Vickie
03-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Just got back from lunch and I did VERY well. Moderation was the key....AND some extra points from my bank! Just dessert later tonight and fruit if I'm hungry until then. Oh yeah and all my water. I'm behind.

Hope JoJo is ok. Did I miss it? Is she on vacation or something?

Tejas
03-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Vicki, Jojo is on holiday for the week. Good for you for your moderation. I had Mexican food for lunch and was able to be moderate also. No cheese, few chips, mostly chicken breast and onions and salsa.

I have friends in Japan: no word from them and nothing on FB

ontarget
03-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi there. I didn't realize I'd been MIA. I've been busy subbing and keeping the grands. All is settled down now and I won't be subbing any more this month due to going to KY and also schools' being on spring break. I'm still doing well with P+. I've eaten a lot of green beans and fruit especially bananas. Just call me "Monkey MaMa."

Nancy, I hope you can get something for your nerves. Have you asked your pharmacist for suggestions? I am so sorry you and Robin are having to go through all this emotional and physical stress. Bless your hearts.

Vickie, sounds like you're in the swing of things back on program!! Good for you for chugging that water!! Now, be sure to tell us what you're cooking/baking. I need some new idea. I love your tracker, too. It looks very springy.

Maryann and Pam, Curtis and I are starting to take daily walks around the pasture again. He's keeping us a path mowed.

Ems, we don't want you to be gutted. Any loss is a good loss. :cheers: to you, too. I'm loving those smoothies.

Rhonda, I like what Pam said about shaking up your calories. I am like her and don't see how you can add any more exercise. You're amazing, though; you might be able to do so.

Pam, I remind you of Shirley Jones? Thank you. I've been running in circles the last 3 days, and actually thought I'd been here. Guess that's because I was online reading posts at school. Posting was blocked on the school's compters. That's why I was just reading. Congratulations on your loss this week!!!! Way to go!

Rhonda, I'm glad you got to have a girls' day with your niece. Sounds like fun. Last night I watched a Barbie movie with Kennedy and Alexa. Alexa stayed in my lap the whole time. She is having her adenoids removed next Wednesday and isn't feeling too well. She needed some "MeMaw" time. So did MeMaw.

I've been worrying about the people in Japan today, too. So sad.

Well, I guess I'm off here for a bit. I apologize if I missed responding to any of you. Have a Terrific Friday evening. I'll be back tomorrow.

sloanie
03-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Hey chickies! I'm off today and all next week for spring break. I spent the day with my sister doing girl stuff. It was a good day. I'm staying pretty low carb, and I'm doing pretty well. I have Bible study leaders' meeting at 7 in the morning, then I'm off to Knoxville with my sister and niece for an overnight trip. I'll check in when I get back.

Hope you all are doing well. It's late, and I'm sleepy, so tata for now.

Tejas
03-11-2011, 11:19 PM
I've heard from one of my friends in Japan. He and his wife where in Tokyo. They felt it, but are OK.

I won't be around tomorrow. I'm going to a protest in Austin about the proposed cutbacks to education here it Texas. The governor has threatened the loss of 100,000 jobs in education. It is unnecessary, we have a "rainy day" fund just for times like this. It will be a long day, beginning in about 4:30AM when my niece is picking me up. We're going with her teacher colleagues from Ft. Worth.

Well, I could increase my cardio for sure. But, when I finish with a workout, I'm finished :lol: I do those 4 days a week; that leaves 3 to do some cardio. I read somewhere that we should be getting 1 hour of cardio a day. I don't think so!!! :nono:

pam920
03-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Morning chicks.

Sandra, good to see your smiling face. Glad everything is okay and you were just busy.

Rhonda, you go girl. Wish I was closer, I would join in the protest. I agree, who does 1 hr cardio everyday? No one I know.

Maryann, hope your therapist can fix your problem.

Sloan, have a good trip.

Vicki, good for you on portion control. I'm sure you will have a great WI this week.

ems, hello back to you.

I'm watching the coverage in Japan. Can't even imagine what those poor people are dealing with right now.

Off to make breakfast. Have a great weekend.

ontarget
03-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Rhonda, good for you and your niece and others for going to Austin. I appreciate what ya'll are doing. I've been emailing like mad.

Pam, I am still in shock about what's happened, too. Sad.

We have some business to take care of today and will be having lunch out. I have already figured my P+. Looks like a 15 pointer.

beach bum
03-12-2011, 10:00 AM

Nothing new, but I find my left hand is now tingling less than it was before Hopefully the treatment will help.

Going down to the beach to get some walking done,and after that I will take it easy again over the weekend and resume my normal activities next week.

SANDRA-Hopefully its not windy by the beach today,I going down and see,I'm like to get a least 20 mins done today.

RHONDA-TG you heard from your friends in Japan. Property can always re build by lives can be. I couldn't believe my eye when I saw those horrible scary pictures of the disaster. It makes one think how fiery mother nature can be.

PAM-Thanks,Hopefully the traction machine will help my neck disk go back into position and relief my hands tingling.

Have a nice day

ontarget
03-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Maryann, good for you for walking. Enjoy your time at the beach.

Vickie
03-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I've got a big day today. I'll be crazy busy and have eating challenges. Fingers crossed.

Praying for you, Nancy and Robin!

Tejas
03-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Home again, after a very long day. The protest organizers say that there were 11,000 people at the protest!

Let's hope it works. The formerly great state of Texas is an embarrassment in education, and it's not the parents, students or teachers fault!

Vickie
03-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I did GREAT at the party yesterday but slipped a bit once I got home. That happens to me often after I get home from a party because I feel deprived. I need to just get over it though. I had one small meatball, one 2 inch slice of corned beef, 1 small tablespoon of potato salad, and a 2 inch slice of italian sausage. I enjoyed them thoroughly and also ate my JC meal which I did NOT enjoy. I brought a large DD coffee with me, black and drank that while eating about 30 baby carrots and a couple of sticks of celery and a 1 tsp dab of lowfat italian dip. The deprivation was in my head and NOT my tummy.

When I came home I ate my normal dessert then made a huge mug of tea which should have sufficed. But then I ate 8 saltines with about a tablespoon of smart balance light. Wasn't hungry....just wanted them. Sigh. I'm still within my points values for the week but I've used 29 extra points (20 left). No exercise to speak of so how can that possibly equate to a loss this week?

And.....I have the Great Nephew today who would like to go out to eat for lunch. So I'm here calculating! Weigh in tomorrow.

Rhonda, I'm proud of you for standing up for what you believe in.

Mary Ann, how was the beach?

Sandra, was lunch worth the 15 points?

Pam, I haven't let myself watch the Japan coverage. It makes me weep.

Nancy, I'm thinking of you and Robin.

BBL. Gotta figure out what I'm going to do for food at lunch time.

pam920
03-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Morning.

Vicki, those weekly points are there to use. Using them will not make you gain weight. I never used them, when I did WW years ago. This time, with the new program, I decided to use them and see what happens. Guess what? I actually lost weight. They are built into the program. I really need to get serious with exercise and tracking. I had a Sonic New York style hot dog with onion rings yesterday. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Planned on tilapia, but then went out the window.

Rhonda, your protest had a good turnout. Doubt it will do any good, but kudos to you.

Anyone know when jojo is coming home? Hopefully we will see her smiling face on Monday.

Vickie
03-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks, Pam. I hope you're right. Tracking makes ALL the difference in the world to me as it does not let me be in denial.

ontarget
03-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Vickie, Pam's right. And I am very proud of you for keeping track. One of my problems is that a lot of times I just don't pick up the pen then I totally lose control. Sounds to me like you did well. I did enjoy lunch at Chicken Express. I made a mistake, though. It was 18 pts. I ended the day using a few WPA's, too.

Last night I had a big fruit bowl of blueberries, strawberries, and banana. Life is good.

beach bum
03-13-2011, 11:22 AM

Forgot to change the clocks last night and fortunately someone[Leo] woke me up and it was 6:03 and than I remembered it was actually 7 instead of 6. When I go to church my brunch friends weren't there so I guess they had the same problem like me,but over slept.

Otherwise not new,going to take a nap this afternoon. By the way do any of you know what to do with the car key thingy when it doesn't work opening up the door locks or trunk????? I don't see where there's a battery to insert.
Have to open the car door with the key. I thinking to go back to Toyota and see what they can do.

SANDRA-I really like walking along the beach,but yesterday it was trying to walking with & against the wind. My friend called and told me that she wasn't going to join me with the walk. I only walked 10 mins.

VICKIE-Some time we have to eat comfort foods when we feel deprived other wise we would go over board the next time we go out somewhere. I'm sure you'll be Ok at W=I. I did enjoy my walk yesterday even if it was too WINDY.I made it for 10 mins.

Have a great day,since I didn't have any brunch I going to get my Sunday Lunch ready

ontarget
03-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Gosh, ya'll! I thought I was perfect. I really messed up. Oh, well, I'm dusting off and will just pretend in my mind I did all right. That's what I have to do to keep from throwing caution to the wind and using this as an excuse to pigout till Tuesday.

Yesterday when I figured my pts for Chicken Express, I used P+ info I got for 1 chicken tender as that for 4. I didn't catch the mistake till after we ate there today with the lunch bunch.

4 CHICKEN TENDERS: 28 PTS
1 MASHED POTATOES: 3 PTS
1 BISCUIT 5 PTS
GRAVY 1 PT

So my total for yesterday is 46 pts. YIKES!! On a good note I did not eat all the potatoes or gravy.
My only difference is today I ate 3 tenders instead of 4. My total for lunch today is 39 pts! Again--YIKES!!

So now I am in the hole -1 on WPA's. I have walked the pasture and worked in the yard about 3 hours, so I have AP's and will use 1. Tomorrow is my last day of the week. I'll make it, but it's going to be very close.

Life goes on.

sloanie
03-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Oh well, Sandra, I think you are doing a great job. At least you know where your points are. I, on the other hand, did not do so well. I have to admit, hanging out with college guys at the University of Tennessee is fun, but I was way off. Visiting with my nephew and his room mates was a hoot! The guys were very polite and nice, but boy do they act like typical college guys. We ate and drank a lot. A whole lot! I will be back to the low carb tomorrow, I hope. I'll let you know how that goes.

I have to say that I am very worried about Nancy. I hope she can post soon and let us know what is going on. Need to pray, pray, pray!

GTG since I just got home. Have a good evening, y'all!

Tejas
03-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Yes, Sloan, I'm sure that Nancy and Robin are on all of our minds, and thank you for saying so.

I've done well today, having about 1300 calories, drinking lots of water, working in the yard and feeling good.

Sandra, hang in, just like you always do. I hope you enjoyed your nap, Maryann. And, Sloan, it won't hurt you to have been a college kid again!

nancy237
03-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks for thinking of me ..

I finally have good news.. They plan to take Robin off the ventilator in the morning. Or at least do a trial and then decide. They have been doing things the last few days to prepare and think he is ready.

Things have been calm since he went on the ventilator with him being heavily sedated since Wednesday. He wakes some but mostly sleeps. Today I played some of his favorite music and he tapped his fingers to the music. It is hard to do things like tie down his hands so he doesn't pull tubes and tell him he can't have water when he gestures for it.

I am holding up okay and grateful that I am only trying to care for him & eat & sleep. Just doing those 3 things is a challenge.

My oldest son turned 21 Saturday. He stayed in Boone because he was helping to guide a rafting trip. I called him at 8:47 am from the hospital he was born and he said "why so early mom" I told him it was just too cool to call him from the hospital where he was born at the exact time he was born & to be glad he wasn't a middle of the night baby.

I always seem to post late Sunday night so I may cut & paste this post tomorrow on our new pages.

If anyone facebooks just pm me ..I posted 109 pictures the other night of Robin's best photos for family & friends.

ems81wales
03-14-2011, 05:50 PM
cheers for the support girls it means alot hopefully il get my stone this week.

I hope your all well xxx

ontarget
03-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Ems, ;););););) for a good wi this week.

Tejas
03-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Quiet today...that's great news, Nancy.

My right leg/knee is giving me fits but I went to tap practice and to the gym, carefully. I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow morning about my leg. I'm sure it's something like bursitis. I did the best set of barbell chest presses ever: 70 pounds, 2 sets of 12 reps almost perfectly controlled :dance:

My eating was good, but I'm stuffed now. I just had grilled trout and lots of broccoli!

I hope you're all having a good day.

nancy237
03-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Robin is off the ventilator !!

The nurse warned me this afternoon that going back on it was a possibility
but he was doing better by afternoon so I pray that won't be necessary.

He was much weaker than I expected and still unable to turn himself in bed
or hardly lift his arm. I was hoping after the sedation wore off he would be
better but I guess it will just take time.

I feel like a bag lady carrying my sleeping bag & pillow down the hall of the hospital to find the best sofa for the night. I found a much better spot for tonight in the surgical waiting room .

I had friends that brought dinner to me at the hospital and we even had a glass of wine. They wanted to leave a flask of wine for me but I told them that would look way too bad if anyone saw it.

Pray for increase strength and improved breathing this week.

Vickie
03-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Awesome news, Nancy!!!! I'm so happy for Robin. I will definitely focus my prayers on strength and easy breathing.

I read all the messages but can't stay to catch up right now. I lost two pounds at WW yesterday. I don't think it was virgin weight yet and I don't think I can move my tracker yet since I didn't raise it when I gained. I'm going to be more honest about that in the future. Kind of doing the Suze Orman stand in my truth thing.

I've got to run since I've got a million things to do today. I'll be back.