Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 03-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Currrent:287

Height: 5'4

Default How Do You Deal Ladies

Ladies when you have lost the weight finally how do you deal with discolorations and other weight related body issues? I've found that I tend to sabotage my diets and work outs after a week because Im so scared. I'm terrified that when I do drop the weight I won't like my body. Sometimes I've seen women who drop the weight and they look so awkward like Jennifer Hudson, I dont want that big head little body look. So tell me ladies am I being petty? Has anyone else had these concerns?
imtryingtotry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I have stretch marks and loose skin. My husband is the only one who sees me naked and he thinks I look gorgeous. He loves to see me naked and constantly touches my body. I have no doubt he likes what he sees.

I look DAMN good dressed in clothes and my weight loss was totally worth it. I used to hate pictures of myself - I avoided the camera for 10 years. No pictures of me and my family in that time.

Since I've lost weight, I've joined Facebook. Happily post pictures of myself - no fears of my high school friends finding me, heck, I weigh less than I did in high school.

I've also shopped for wedding dresses and gotten married. Wedding dress shopping was the magical experience I had always hoped. Every dress looked great, no big gaping back with an exasperated sales girl trying to hold it closed. My wedding photos are fabulous, I love looking through our wedding album.

My driver's license - has my real weight on it. My picture is fab.

Not sure what else I can say about how weight loss was worth a little loose skin on my stomach, underarms, thighs, boobs. A towel wraps around me. I can bend and easily cut my toenails without being winded. I can keep up with my friends while we stroll around downtown (the old me had to stop and rest a lot). Airplane seats are roomy. Clothes shopping is fun. I have more energy.

I would never ever trade a little loose skin for filled-out fat skin. I hope I never regain the weight.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

You won't like how your naked body looks. But your clothed body will have you sooo happy. And how you feel will amaze you.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175+/113/120

Height: 5'6"

Things tighten up after awhile when you reach maintenance. I dropped a little over 60 pounds on a fairly small frame. I have had two children....one was pretty big. I do have some loose skin in lower tummy, thigh area, under arms. This loose skin has tightened up since July. I would much rather have a little loose skin than fat. My husband loves how I look too. We are more critical of our flaws--others don't notice them as much as we do. The looks factor is great but the HEALTH effects of getting thinner are awesome! Good Luck!
sisypheanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #5  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Gosh I don't know...I guess everytime I look at all the awesome tiny clothes in my closet.

It's one of those things you just have to accept because it's worth it for your health and for me personally to look good clothed. I have loose skin and stretch marks, which are improving with time, that I'll never be happy about. I'll never personally be able to wear a bikini or super short shorts, but who cares, I can rock the latest style and with the right bra I look fantastic. I've decided I just have to get over the rest because without surgery there is nothing I can do.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Currrent:287

Height: 5'4

Thanks Ladies you're so right. I just have to get on track and get this done!
imtryingtotry is offline   Reply With Quote