Old 03-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 306/301/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Needing some encouragement.. feeling a little down...

I am not sure what is wrong with me.. I know I was feeling a little bit discouraged when the scales showed a bit of an increase several days ago. I talked to my best friend who has also done MF and she told me to stay OFF the scales.. so I haven't been back on them.. My weigh in is this Tuesday.. day after tomorrow. That will be my 3 week mark.

I guess in a way getting on the scales when they were showing significant loss was such a boost for me.. and now I am just waiting and wondering. I haven't cheated.. yet! But man have I considered it. I just don't want to undo the progress I have made.. that is ALL that is keeping me focused. But I am a very impatient person too. I want it gone! UGH.

And I have been reading alot of articles and posts, here and mymedifast, regarding loose skin etc once you lose all your weight. It's depressing. I am 40 and have been overweight for a lot of years.. gradually beginning about 15 years ago when I got married. I can't believe I let it get this out of control. It makes me so sad.

I was FEELING like I was losing... my skin was getting looser on my legs and hips etc... but I am not sure it's still happening. I am terrified I am going to gain back what little I have lost.. 14 lbs, or that I am not going to be able to stick this out, or that it simply will stop working for me. I have SUCH a LONG way to go. *sigh*

Have any of you cheated at all? What/how much did you eat? And how much damage did it do to your diet..? I thought maybe if I gave myself a cheat meal, I could then refocus and move forward.. but part of me is afraid if I do that, I may sabotage my efforts all together and I won't want to continue on the MF. UGH!

I also have some other stressful things going on in my life right now, and I am sure that isn't helping my outlook at all.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Pinkhorseofcourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Girl you really need to relax. You are stressing yourself out which isn't helping you lose weight.

Just trust the plan! Follow your 5 MF meals a day and your 1 lean and green and TRUST the program cuz it does work

Give it time, I ONLY weigh in once a week and I've had a gain here and there but overall in two months I've lost 16 lbs, which to me is GREAT. Yes it's "just" 2 lbs a week but the point is the number is going down.

Maybe for you you should weigh in only weekly OR even just once a month- either way for now just follow the 5/1 plan and if you want to exercise go on a walk or something, don't do anything crazy. Like I said in your other post from my observation a lot of people seem to do better not exercising until later on down the line. Exercising actually stopped my loss for 2 weeks, once I stopped the weight started coming down again. While I like working out I'm in no rush to get started again! I'm enjoying the free time with other activities

DON'T CHEAT! I know easier said than done but if you cheat you are only cheating YOURSELF.

Remember it's 2-5 lbs a week and if you are 14 lbs lighter already that means you are over that average- most women lose 2 lbs per week on MF so you are way ahead of the game.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 306/301/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Beerab! I am trying to chill a little.. but I am a worrier by nature. lol Plus I am not doing the Medifast past the one month mark.. See my other post.. saying I am quitting.
Pinkhorseofcourse is offline   Reply With Quote