South Beach Diet - On Plan Thread: March 6-12, 2011

View Full Version : On Plan Thread: March 6-12, 2011

shelflife
03-06-2011, 10:00 AM
It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!

This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

People in different phases of South Beach post here so it will help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!

While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week? .

shelflife
03-06-2011, 10:05 AM
My dinner menu plan for the week:

Sunday: Cheat
Monday: Cheat
Tuesday: Greek salad with chicken
Wednesday: Lasagna roll-ups
Thursday: Chicken breast stuffed with cheese and broccoli
Friday: Chili
Sat: Taco salad topped with black bean patty and/or leftover chili

Ruthxxx
03-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Phase II
B. coffee, poached egg on ww toast, ½ grapefruit
S. glass of skim milk
L. chickpea, chicken and veggies salad with lemon and oil dressing on spinach
S. apple
D. ww couscous with lamb and mushrooms, green beans, sliced tomato

shelflife
03-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Wt: 172.0 - I think I may be approaching TOM?
B: 1/2 banana with PB pre-gym
Sn: Cheese slice & V8 post gym
L: Break-free with spinach, tomato, and RF old cheddar
Sn: Veggies with 2T hummus, Skinny latte
S: Vegetable soup at home, and I'll get some lettuce wraps at the gastropub
Ex: 60 minute BodyCombat class

I'm going to a class function tonight at a gastropub. I will probably have a couple of drinks. Should I even try to resist the tapas? Should I set a limit for myself? Should I adjust my meal plan for the day in anticipation for an off-plan evening (eg: skip dinner)? Thoughts appreciated!

CyndiM
03-06-2011, 10:18 AM
B: black beans, broccoli, egg, rf cheese * lots of salsa
L: Giant Pile of Veggies - they don't call it that anymore but I loved that name. It's roasted roots covered with sauteed kale with plenty of garlic and spicy tomatoes with cheese sprinkled over it.
S: apple
D: tofurkey roast with roasted turnips, sweet potatoes, carrots & onions

exercise: bad hip day so probably lots of short workouts - 20m bike, 10m EA step workout (20 if I can do it), hooping, and hip/core PT exercises

cottagebythesea
03-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Phase 2 -

B. slight cheat - 2 slices of Wegman's Marathon bread w/ a little Brummel & Brown spread
L. leftover spaghetti squash & spinach saute, cup of African Stew
S. ff greek yogurt, apple slices
D. Cauliflower Alfredo sauce over steamed red cabbage
S. 1/2 cup of NSA ice cream

zeffryn
03-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Ok, I've been pretty off plan for the past few days and the scale and my body shows it. I feel terrible physically.

We're going on a picnic today - any ideas for food that is easily packed and not so bad?

cottagebythesea
03-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Zeff, you could make sandwiches in whole wheat pita pockets, or wrap lean roast beef, turkey or ham with lowfat cheese around celery sticks. Raw veggies w/hummus or ranch dressing are always good to-go foods, too. Some other suggestions would be fruit, yogurt, string cheese, nuts.

How about making a whole wheat pasta salad loaded with veggies, or a quinoa or whole wheat couscous salad?

Taco bake is also good cold and could easily be packed for a picnic lunch.

And don't forget deviled eggs! And, oh! Gazpacho!

SGeranium
03-06-2011, 12:38 PM
1: Greek yogurt, a little agave, frozen cherries. coffee plus half n half
2: salad with tuna and rf cheese, dove dark chocolate square
3: ham roll ups with dill pickle and lc
4: pizza with rf cheese and sausage on a low carb tortilla, big green salad, roasted green beans
5: tea with stevia, too many dove dark squares. Clearly I' m not ready to have any extra around.....:(

Water yes
exercise: 3.5 mile walk with the pup in just under an hour.
vitamins yes

Usernametaken
03-06-2011, 03:00 PM
ShelfLife, I'm sure there will be on-plan choices on the tapas menu. I would think skipping dinner to make up for it could be a bad idea--if you go to the pub hungry you are more likely to make unfortunate choices.

Zef-My favorite picnic snack is green beans sauteed in olive oil and then dressed with lemon. They are super tasty cold!

B-Smoothie
L-another smoothie and some burnt broccoli
D-Quinoa risotto w/broccoli, chicken, and bell peppers

Gonna do my best to exercise today, after 2 days off in a row :( (Yay! Did it)

murphmitch
03-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Phase II

B & L: Veggie omelet, turkey sausage
S: RF cheese stick
D: Stir fried scallops with crack slaw and broccoli
S: Almonds

fozentusic
03-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Phase 1.5

B: coffee, homemade tabbouleh made w/ WW couscous
L: spaghetti squash pizza (deep dish pie)
D: red lentil dal w/ 0% greek yogurt

Exercise: 30 mins walk/jog at the gym

claire0412
03-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Another off plan day for me. My friend bought mini ice cream chocolate lolly things round last night as a thank you for cooking her dinner. They've been in the freezer since last night and I've eaten 3 (whoops) of them since then. I am terrible, I can't have things like that in the house. I've thrown them in the bin, which is a terrible waste. I thought about taking them to the local train station and giving them to the homeless people, but it is sub zero outside and ice cream isn't the best thing in that weather. Bin it is!

Tomorrow i'll be back on phase 1 + an apple a day. Hopefully I can get back on the wagon and quickly...

Porthardygurl
03-06-2011, 05:50 PM
March 6th.

B: 1 flourless sugar free chocolate zucchini muffin
L: ? maybe...yogurt, cheese string and 2 cups of v8
D: Chicken! with homemade sugar free kansas style bbq sauce
Desert? who needs it?

CyndiM
03-06-2011, 05:58 PM
PHG - are you getting your 4.5 cups of veggies and just not listing them? Remember vegetable juice shouldn't replace more than 1 serving of your veggies per day

TallandThin
03-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I need to get back in the habit of posting to this thread every day. When I was doing it before, I believe it was helpful. So much to learn and remember! Right now I know I have leftover chicken spinach casserole and some of the kale, white bean and chicken soup for my next few dinners.

Zeff, I was shocked to see your post just now about you eating off plan. I've been following your posts pretty close and have been so inspired by your success. I just didn't think you had any problem staying on plan any more. Guess the "old ways" will always be there in the background just waiting to move in and take over again if we don't keep our guard up. Well girl, get back on track as so many of us are out here hoping to do as well as you are.

Mmckellen
03-06-2011, 07:57 PM
TaT, I think a lot of Z's success is because she can go on plan and get back on with little issue most of the time. Something I am personally striving for, and why not start with today? I was totally OFF PLAN and while I will not go into detail, let's just say....California Pizza Kitchen.

Mmckellen
03-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Monday Phase 2
B: kefir, quinoa cake with spinach and mushrooms
S: edamame
L: beef stew with broccoli
S: carrots and a lf cheese stick
D: andouille sausage with arugula and chick peas

kmac1196
03-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Okay...since I don't plan my meals ahead...here was yesterday.
SBD P1
B 2 eggs, broc, peppers, etc lf cheese
S lf string cheese
L Salad with feta and chicken oil and vinegar
D same as breakfast
S yogurt/ricotta/1 tb natural pb
Cals 1695 burned 504 (1 hour weightlifting morning, 5 mins rebounding, 35 mins treadmill evening).

cottagebythesea
03-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Phase II -

B. oats soaked in unsweetened almond milk with mixed berries & cinnamon
L. spaghetti squash & spinach saute, cup of African Stew
S. apple & yogurt
D. cauliflower alfredo sauce over roasted red cabbage wedge, roasted carrots
S. SBD peanutbutter cup

zeffryn
03-07-2011, 08:45 AM
T&T - I know these are excuses, but my mom is in town and it is mardi gras. I've been pretty good about making the best decision at a restaurant, but sometimes even the best decision isn't really on plan. Too many carbs, too much sodium, too much alcohol and not enough exercise. My husband keeps telling me that this is life and I can only control so much, and that the biggest thing is that I don't let it snowball out of control -- I guess he is right :)

--
My day today will most likely not be really on plan, just the best decisions that I can make.

I am, however, choosing to get up really early and hit the gym. I have an awesome workout planned and am really pumped for it.

I'm going to start Phase 1 on Wednesday to get my cravings under control.

1: (brunch) 1/2 ezekiel english muffin, lots of spinach, 1 lc wedge, 1 poached egg; strawberry/banana/pineapple smoothie
2: snack: TBD
3: dinner: TBD

exercise: 45 min. treadmill (sprints + incline), 25 min. spartacus workout (mens health magazine, cardio + strength)

kmac1196
03-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Zeffryn, I know you are struggling and I'm sorry but your story is inspirational to me. You know you are going to be eating a bit off plan due to your celebrations and you are working out to offset it a bit. And I know you will get back on plan when it all settles down again. Thanks for sharing!

TallandThin
03-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Zeff, Just so darn inspired by you as you have come so far, tried so hard and are so honest with what is happening in your life, either good or bad. You are definitely one that I try to learn from and hope, no, strike that, KNOW :cheer: that you will get past this little bump in the road and have smooth sailing again. Not to put pressure on you but just know that there are folks out here following your every move and hoping that some day we can accomplish as much as you have. Now go :kickbutt:!

zeffryn
03-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks all. I'm glad I can be for you, what so many women here were (and still are) to me :)

claire0412
03-07-2011, 01:01 PM
First day back on the wagon properly:

Phase 1.5
B: Yoghurt, homemade sugar free berry jam, tsp peanut butter
S: Handful of nuts
L: Broccoli soup + left over veg from last night's dinner
S: Apple with peanut butter (1 tbsp)
D: Pak Choi and Ginger Sweet Tofu
S: Glass of hot milk

I know I eat too many nuts but I love them and feel like I've cut everything else out... Tomorrow I'll try to eat just yoghurt and jam without the peanut butter...

EmmaD
03-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Phase 1
More of the same. I have a serious backlog to get through before I can buy new stuff...

B - coffee with unsweetened almond milk, smoothie with Greek yogurt, cocoa powder & peanut flour
L - veggie white bean soup with some lowfat cheddar on top, spinach salad with flaxseed oil, glass of low-sodium V8
S - hummus with broccoli and orange pepper strips, cup of black tea
S2 - egg salad in Romaine lettuce leaves
D - Spaghetti squash deep dish pie
dessert - no idea

zeffryn
03-07-2011, 01:40 PM
claire - just make sure to measure that handful of nuts :) what about some cheese with the apple instead of the peanut butter - still protein, less nuts.

claire0412
03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah good idea to sub cheese for one portion of nuts. I just love them and they are so practical for school! I love apple and peanut butter though, so I think I will swap my nuts at school for some cheese or some veg. Today was especially nut heavy, but I always eat too many!

AmyKitKat
03-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Monday Phase II
B: Egg Scramble
S: Cottage chz w/berries
L: pb oatmeal
S: FF Yogurt
D: Chickpea/Spinach stew w/beef

Friday Cal: 2,167
Sat. Cal: 2,133
Sun. Cal: 1,227

SGeranium
03-07-2011, 07:35 PM
1: eggs, cxn sausage, lf cheese, much salsa, ls v8 with siracha
2: banana with almond butter
3: chef salad with salsa/ Greek yogurt dressing
4: grilled pork loin, roasted asparagus, roasted sweet potao fries, green beans and rye cracker with lf cheese
5: tea with stevia and a small Greek yogurt with frozen raspberries

Water: fail
exercise: rest day
vitamin: fail again

Usernametaken
03-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Techincally on plan, but epic fail on the veggie front today. Gotta hit the grocery store!

b-smoothie
l-leftover jambalaya and an apple
d-turkey hotdogs and ww bread

murphmitch
03-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Phase II

B: Boiled eggs, V8, turkey sausage
L: Salad, deli roast beef, guacamole, TJ's Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce (my new infatuation), pico
S: Skinny latte
D: Chicken breast with mozzarella, mixed veggies, a little more guacamole
S: TJ's Marcona Almonds (another new love)

Mmckellen
03-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Tuesday Phase 2
B: kefir, quinoa cake
L: beef stew with broccoli, 1 wasa cracker w/1 lc lite wedge
S: banana with almond butter
S: carrots and edamame
D: not sure, b/c we are going to a church mardi gras dinner. I am told they are serving jumbalaya which I probably won't eat because of the peppers. I'll see what else is available and cobble something together. This is why I really filled up on snacks today.

kmac1196
03-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Monday...P1
B HB egg, v8
S lf string cheese, nuts
L salad, chili
S sf fudgsicle, PB
D chili, huge bowl of veggies

35 mins treadmill, 5 mins trampoline

cottagebythesea
03-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Matilda, do you have a recipe posted somewhere for your quinoa cake? I'm curious about it.

Phase 2 -

B. oats soaked in almond milk w/sliced mango
L. cup of African Lentil Stew and a salad with no dressing
S. apple and yogurt
D. the last of the cauliflower alfredo sauce over roasted baby bellas and roasted carrots
S. TBD, if I even need it. I'm seriously thinking of giving up my beloved desserts for Lent.

Ruthxxx
03-08-2011, 08:38 AM
B. Fibre1, strawberries, ground flax, sf yogurt
L. vegetarian chili, 1 cup cabbage and 1/2 c. celery as a salad with oil and lemon, sliced apple
D. quesadilla on 2 small ww tortillas with mashed kidney beans, chicken, veggies and a slice of cheese

35 grams of fiber so I must drink water!

claire0412
03-08-2011, 11:39 AM
B: Low fat quark and berries
S: Kohlrabi, red pepper and a boiled egg
L: Tuna salad
S: Apple with peanut butter, yoghurt
D: Salmon with mozzarella, pesto and pak choi (guess what I bought lots of!)
S: Hot cocoa to help me sleep

Water: on track
Exercise : Cycling to work and back (60mins), interval training (5k, 30mins)
Comments: Much better on the nut front!

SGeranium
03-08-2011, 11:56 AM
1: ww toast with peanut butter, blood orange, coffee with half n half
2: choco protein smoothie with spinach, cherries, yogurt, coconut milk
3: turkey burger, lf cheese, green salad, roasted sweet potato fries
4: tea with stevia, ham roll up with lf cheese and roasted green beans

vitamin: yes
water : yes
exercise: 9.25 miles run walk intervals so so much easier with toast and orange!!

TallandThin
03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
B = Decaf coffee w/sf creamer (oops, I know, I know)
S - Apple and string cheese
L = 2 deli chicken slices w/ff cottage cheese and pico
S = 3 tsp peanut butter (I know, too much but at least I'm being honest)
D = Sirloin tips w/peas and lrg salad w/radish, mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, egg, avacado and lf ranch dressing.
D = 1 cup nf plain greek yogurt w/cinnamon, splenda and walnuts

Usernametaken
03-08-2011, 07:21 PM
b-smoothie w/ cherries, banana, oats, spinach, yogurt, and cocoa powder
L-spinach feta wrap
D-egg salad in a pita w/ spinach

zeffryn
03-08-2011, 08:05 PM
my day today was relatively on plan! i can't wait to get back to the gym tomorrow!

1: fruit plate, nf plain greek yogurt
2: lentil soup
3: dried papaya (unsweetened)
4: taco salad

murphmitch
03-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Phase II

B: Omelet with turkey sausage
L: Chicken, edamame & veggies
S: Skinny latte
D: Pork loin, grilled asparagus, steamed cauliflower & broccoli with Parmesan
S: Almond butter

shelflife
03-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Getting back on track after two messy days!

B: Leftover spaghetti squash pie
Sn: Coffee with milk and splenda
L: Lentil vegetable soup
Sn: FF cottage cheese cup
S: Big greek salad with chicken
Sn: Dark chocolate with 1 tbsp peanut butter -- thanks for the idea murphmitch!
Ex: 60 minute BodyAttack class.
1298 calories

Mmckellen
03-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Ok, so the church dinner had no peppers and the jumbalaya was delish and they had wine which was lovely and it's Fat Tuesday anyway so I went off plan...

zeffryn
03-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Plan for 3/9

wt: 158.8 :(
P1

1: 3 egg white puff, 1/2 cup plain, ff greek yogurt with cinnamon and stevia
2: lettuce wraps (roasted turkey, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, mustard); 10 almonds; 1 oz. cheese
3: big salad (spinach, assorted veggies, hummus instead of dressing, 1 T. sunflower seeds), 1/4 c. cottage cheese, 1 hard boiled egg

phase 1 is hard now that i am so used to phase 2!

exercise: 45 min. zumba, 45 min. kickboxing

Now that I look at my day, I see that it wasn't enough food....but I was satisfied throughout the day. Will remedy this tomorrow.

--
WT at the end of the day, directly after eating and drinking at dinner: 158.0 -- ahhhhh, it feels so good to get rid of this bloat.

shelflife
03-08-2011, 10:46 PM
4: indonesian peanut butter chicken over spinach

This sounds amazing! Probably because it contains the words "peanut butter". Would you mind sharing the recipe?

EmmaD
03-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Phase 1

B - coffee with soy milk. Omelet with sauteed veggies
L - very veggie white chili (sooo tired of eating this every day... my freezer is full unfortunately - with Phase 2 foods - so no room to freeze it). Salad, low sodium vegetable juice.
S - veggies with hummus
S2 - nuts & dried green beans
D - crabmeat-stuffed flounder. Sauteed spinach, cauliflower puree.
dessert - Greek yogurt

--- actually didn't end up eating a lot of this (WEIRD, usually I am clamoring for more food) ... maybe I'll be starving at midnight and end up eating the rest then, who knows

Plan for tomorrow since I just took stock of what needs to be eaten in the fridge:
B - coffee with soy milk. Omelet with sauteed veggies, low sodium vegetable juice.
L - very veggie white chili (ugh - see above). Tomato salad.
S - Romaine lettuce leaves with tuna or salmon salad
S2 - celery with Laughing Cow cheese
D - tofu with broccoli and pea pods (prob. not Phase 1 but oh well) in peanut sauce, over a bed of steamed spinach, MAYBE with shriataki noodles
dessert - chia pudding made with soy milk (I'm going to try adding protein powder, we'll see how that goes)

Porthardygurl
03-09-2011, 12:49 AM
Phase 1

B: Sugar free flourless chocolate zucchinni muffins (2)
L: Skipped
S: 2 cheese strings w/ 2 cups of veggie cocktail
D: Battered fish 4 small pieces and 1 diet root beer

Overall im just mad right now and have been going off plan for the past two days..not out of my funk yet.

TallandThin
03-09-2011, 01:38 AM
B - decaf coffee w/sf creamer
S - 2 tsp peanut butter
L - ½ Jimboy’s taco salad, iced tea w/splenda
S - 3 nsa fudge bars (I know, one too many!)
D - Remaining ½ Jimboy’s taco salad, iced tea w/splenda
D - 2 cups nf plain greek yogurt w/sf jam, truvia and walnuts

Even though I know I'm allowed 2 cups of dairy a day, I'm wondering if the 2 cups of yogurt at one time is too much, especially in the evening??

Mmckellen
03-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Wednesday, Phase 2
b: kefir, quinoa cake
s: edamame
L: indian chick peas, sliced pepper
S: laughing cow wedge on a wasa, carrots
D: turkey meatballs with marinara sauce

kmac1196
03-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Yesterday...P1
B egg white, veggies, lf cheese
L OUT...panera chicken cobb salad, greek dressing, tea
S nuts, cheese
D haddock, veggies (recipe from new book)
S sf fudgsicle, PB
1 hr lower body weights (heavy)

CyndiM
03-09-2011, 08:06 AM
I love WFH days when I can actually plan every meal :)

Phase 2
B: egg, beans, broccoli or spinach, salsa & rf cheese
S: chick pea crunchies
L: leftovers, probably PB lentil stew
S: kefir & blueberries
D: cajun rice and beans, sauteed cabbage

exercise: outside walk!, hip/core exercises, hooping (total at least 70m)

cottagebythesea
03-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Phase 2 -

B. Oats soaked in almond milk w/berries and chopped mango
L. big veggie-filled salad w/feta cheese and avocado, no dressing
D. African lentil stew, Greek yogurt

claire0412
03-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Phase 1.5

B: Quark with berries
S: Boiled egg, kohlrabi, peppers
L: Broccoli soup + coffee + sugar free (sweetened with stevia) pudding
S: Apple and peanut butter, coffee out with friends
D: Cauliflower pizza with ham and mozzarella + side salad (iceberg was on offer, boo)

Exercise: cycling to and from work but nothing else, zero time and I feel like I am coming down with a cold/sore throat!

Water: Good but just bought 4 big 2l bottles of fizzy water to make me drink more. I am trying to never by bottled water because plastic bottles are so bad for the environment, so those 8l should last me a long time! I feel very guilty...

AmyKitKat
03-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Wednesday Phase II:

B: Egg scramble
L: PB Oatmeal
D: Lentil Soup

Monday cal: 1400
Tuesday cal: 1770

TallandThin
03-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Today I plan on eating

B - 2 eggs, turkey bacon, v8
L - deli chicken, hb egg (I'll be working at the warehouse so it has to be easy)
D - leftover kale, chicken, white bean soup with a salad.

SGeranium
03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
1: egg plus whites, 2 cxn sausages, roasted asparagus,v8 with siracha, coffee half n half
2: crack slaw with ground turkey and siracha so. darn. good.
3: nf Greek yogurt, agave, blood orange
4: black bean soup with lf cheese and yogurt topper, green salad with o and v
5: tea with stevia

Water: just barley enough
Exercise: 50 min
vitamin: fail again..... why is this so hard?

shelflife
03-09-2011, 06:56 PM
SGeranium -- I struggle with taking my vitamin (and my omega-3 since I don't eat fish) regularly too. We should try to keep each other accountable!

Wt: 171
Vitamin & ω−3: ✓
Ex: C25K week 5 part 3 (10 minutes walking, 20 minute jog), 60 minute yoga class, 10 minute ab class.
B: Oats soaked in almond milk with 1Tbsp Holy Crap and 1/2 banana
Sn: Babybel light and V8
L: Spinach salad with mandarin segments & strawberries, 1T dressing. Leftover spaghetti squash pie.
Sn: Veggie sticks with 2T hummus
S: Lasagna roll-ups with roasted garlicky/mustardy/balsamic vinegary/lemony broccoli.
Sn: SF Jello, 8 Almonds
Total Calories: 1368

CyndiM
03-09-2011, 07:50 PM
B: Oats soaked in almond milk with 1tbsp Holy Crap and 1/2 banana

Finally resorted to Google - it's cereal! I've been mighty confused

shelflife
03-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Finally resorted to Google - it's cereal! I've been mighty confused

:lol:

If anyone else was wondering, Holy Crap is a mix of chia seeds, hulled hemp hearts, buckwheat, cranberries, raisins, apples, and cinnamon! Here's the info sheet. (http://holycrap.ca/HolyCrapFAQ2011.pdf)

Btw, Cyndi, did you take the pic of the owl in your avatar? Is it a barred owl?

CyndiM
03-09-2011, 08:38 PM
DW is the bird photographer in the house. It is a barred owl that showed up in our yard one morning.

Usernametaken
03-09-2011, 09:46 PM
B-cherry, oats, spinach, and yogurt smoothie
S-oops
L-2 hard boiled eggs, banana, ww bread w/almond butter
D-baked chicken w/ broccoli and cottage cheese ranch

murphmitch
03-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Phase II

B: Veggie omelet
L: Salmon, huge salad
S: Skinny latte, RF cheese stick
D: Grilled salmon, steamed broccoli, stir fried peppers, mushrooms, onions & zucchini
S: TJ's Marcona Almonds

zeffryn
03-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Cyndi's DW is an amazing photographer. Her bird and nature shots are beautiful!

--

the indonesian peanut butter chicken was a bust. it burned in the crock-pot and got all dried out and gross. hit the deli/salad bar for dinner instead. boo.

Mmckellen
03-10-2011, 07:13 AM
Thursday Phase 2
B: kefir, quinoa pancake
L: brown rice sushi, miso soup
S: sliced red pepper, laughing cow wedge
D: planned cheat

cottagebythesea
03-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Phase 2 -

B. oats soaked in almond milk w/berries & cinnamon
L. PB Lentil Stew, salad
S. apple
D. opened-faced toasted cheese and tomato sandwich, tomato soup

zeffryn
03-10-2011, 08:50 AM
P1
wt: 157.6

1: 3 egg white puff; 1/2 c. greek yogurt with cinnamon and stevia
2: black beans and homemade pico de gallo, avocado
sn: 1/2 c. greek yogurt + 1/2 c. ff cottage cheese mixed with crystal light powder.
3: spaghetti squash and meatball casserole; salad; skim milk

exercise: 60 min. fat burner class (step + kickboxing combo)

Schmoodle
03-10-2011, 09:10 AM
B: scrambled eggs with salsa
S: V8, hummus and raw veg
L: Chili
S: skim latte
D: flank steak, some eggplant concoction

Ruthxxx
03-10-2011, 09:21 AM
B1. coffee and 20 grapes
B2. coffee and a ww English muffin & PB at the Diner with friends
L. Chicken and veggie soup, glass of skim milk
D. Chicken, veggie, bean, cheese quesadilla made with 2 ww small tortillas
S. prunes, water as needed plus Metamucil - TMI but ...

zeffryn
03-10-2011, 09:50 AM
are sunchokes (jerusalem artichokes) phase 1 friendly? anybody know? they are slow digesting (perfect for diabetics - it says on the bag) tubers.

i picked up a bag yesterday and want to roast them, but I can wait until phase 2 next week.

AmyKitKat
03-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Thursday Phase II:

B: Egg Scramble
L: Leftover Lentil soup
D: Leftover 3 sisters stew

Wednesday Cal: 1,336

claire0412
03-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Thursday P1.5

B: Yoghurt with sugar free jam
S: Studentenfutter (nuts and dried cranberries)
L: LEft over cauliflower pizza + kefir
S: 20g bar of chocolate (not even the 70% type, bad me!)
D: Salmon + salad, zucchini and peppers
S: Am going to the cinema so I'll try my best to avoid, but...

Exercise: 60mins cycling and pilates DVD. I have such a sore throat and my voice is nearly gone, didn't want to make it worse by going running

Water : Check!

SGeranium
03-10-2011, 12:54 PM
1: Greek yogurt, agave, raspberries and a chopped up blood orange coffee with half n half
2: veg with hummus
3: black bean soup with lf cheese and yogurt, green salad
4: fish piccata, roasted zucchini, summer squash , carrots and artichoke hearts
5: apple slices, cheese, too many almonds * super snack monster *

Exercise: 5 miles
Water: barley
vitamin: of course not

EmmaD
03-10-2011, 01:52 PM
are sunchokes (jerusalem artichokes) phase 1 friendly? anybody know? they are slow digesting (perfect for diabetics - it says on the bag) tubers.

i picked up a bag yesterday and want to roast them, but I can wait until phase 2 next week.

In the South Beach Dining Out Guide, the recipe for poached salmon and sunchoke puree was deemed "all phases"! I don't think I've ever had those. Interesting.

Phase ONE. Supposedly. I haven't been so good about sticking to my plan. Maybe I should just plan to be out of Phase 1, because I've done OK sticking to Phase 2 foods. But then maybe that's defeating the point of breaking the cravings (for wheat primarily). I have not yet sorted out what is the right choice for me. My weight is fine but I need to dial it up a notch if I expect to ever lose any more and stop getting all bingey over the whole wheat tortillas :devil:

Um, pretty much the same as the plan for yesterday, since I have all the same stuff:

B - coffee with soy milk. Smoothie with cocoa powder, Greek yogurt, peanut flour, "green" powder
L - Lentil veggie soup. Tomato salad.
S - Romaine lettuce leaves with tuna or salmon salad
S2 - celery with Laughing Cow cheese
D - tofu with broccoli and pea pods (prob. not Phase 1 but oh well) in peanut sauce, over a bed of steamed spinach, MAYBE with shriataki noodles
dessert - chia pudding made with soy milk (I'm going to try adding protein powder, we'll see how that goes)

zeffryn
03-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Emma, thanks for the info. You need to try them, they are slightly sweet and nutty, with an earthy flavor like all tubers have. Really excellent roasted with rosemary and garlic.

What about just cutting the wheat out of your diet and doing the rest phase 2? are you ok with other grains? I'm finding now that I'm doing Phase 1 that I'm having a hard time planning foods - what would be a quick orange or something as a snack is now an intense study of the fridge. I'm so used to phase 2! My black bean/pico/avocado lunch is pretty darn tasty, though :)

---

CRAVING something sweet. I guess this is when I should distract myself until the cravings pass. Eventually they stop coming around.

Porthardygurl
03-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Today ph1..

B: piece of flourless sugar free banana flavoured breakfast cake(home made)
L: 2 pieces of my homemade foccacia flax crusted pizza
D: Meatballs served with mustard and homemade sugar free bbq sauce.
Desert? Who needs it..

shelflife
03-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Wt 170.0
Ex: 60 minute BodyCombat class
Vitamin & ω−3: ✓
B: Large flake oats soaked in almond milk with Holy Crap and walnuts
L: Had to buy. Whole wheat wrap with turkey, tzatziki, feta, mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, & cucumbers. Babybel light.
Sn: Veggie sticks with 2T hummus
S: Beach Salad from a restaurant as discussed here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/227791-what-would-you-order-advice-appreciated.html).
Total cals: 1,438

ultimatebea
03-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Phase 1, day 9 -
B - scrambled eggs with veggies, V8 juice
S - low fat cheese crumbles
L - chili, salad with cashews, balsamic vinaigrette dressing
S - 2% CC with sugar free jam
D - TBD
Not enough water . . .

My meals look so boring next to all these great menus. I think I had better spend a little more time looking at these recipes!

murphmitch
03-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Today ph1..

B: piece of flourless sugar free banana flavoured breakfast cake(home made)
L: 2 pieces of my homemade foccacia flax crusted pizza
D: Meatballs served with mustard and homemade sugar free bbq sauce.
Desert? Who needs it..

Porthardygurl, you don't list one veggie! This plan doesn't work well if you don't include lots of veggies.

Usernametaken
03-10-2011, 09:58 PM
b-spinach, cherry, banana and oatmeal smoothie with homemade almond milk
L-the less said the better
d-almond and oat crusted chicken nuggests, soy ginger broccoli

zeffryn
03-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Picked up the Eat Clean Diet cookbook tonight. LOTS of great recipes that are south beach friendly. I think it will fit nicely.

wt: 155.0

P1

1: pre-workout @ 4:30 a.m.: 1 T. almond butter
2: 3 egg white omelet with spinach, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms; plain ff yogurt with some crystal light powder mixed in; chai tea brewed in US coconut milk
3: tomato soup with poached eggs over spinach
4: 10 almonds
5: going out to a mexican restaurant for dinner. mixed veggie fajitas, no tortillas, no cheese, side of sliced avocado and black beans instead of refrieds.

i hate phase 1. a lot.

exercise: 60 min. fat burner class (step+kickboxing+weights)

Mmckellen
03-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Friday starting a week of Phase 1
B: Kefir, scrambled eggs, spicy V8
L: spicy chick peas, sliced red pepper
S: 2 tsp. almond butter
D: grilled chicken with cauliflower alfredo sauce

shelflife
03-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Wt 170.0 Darn. I was hoping to see the 160s again today! I really thought I peed off most of my TOM bloat yesterday! :lol:
Ex: We're under a blizzard warning! I guess today will be a rest day!
Vitamin & ω−3: Check!
B: Break-free omelet with tomato, spinach, and old cheddar.
L: Tuna salad
Sn: Veggies with 3T hummus. SF jello. 1/2 banana with 1T PB.
S: Chicken breasts stuffed with broccoli & cheese, swiss chard (topped with 1/2 tbsp of butter :eek:, red bean mash.
Sn: 1 square 85% dark chocolate with 1tsp PB.

I had the afternoon off with resulted in too much snacking. Dinner was a bit heavier than it's been lately as well, but it was really delicious and so much better than going out. BF came home craving pizza delivery, but was very satisfied with what we made!

claire0412
03-11-2011, 10:47 AM
B: Yoghurt and sugar free jam
S: Boiled egg and apple
L: Mixed salad from iceberg lettuce, soya beans, sugar snap peas, broad beans, ham and egg with mint dressing (mint and vinegar)
S: Fruit bar (no added sugar) and 10 nuts
D: Cauliflower pizza with mozzarella, ham, sundried tomato and ham
Dessert: maybe sugar free pudding? No sweetener though!

Exercise: steady 6-7km run later, 60mins biking and 30mins walking
Water : lots

EmmaD
03-11-2011, 02:22 PM
i hate phase 1. a lot.

Ugh. I don't want to talk about it. I guess I finished my 2 weeks, but it was a crappy half-assed 2 weeks on Phase 1. More like 1.5 but with not enough veggies consumed. Yay me.

Emma ...
What about just cutting the wheat out of your diet and doing the rest phase 2? are you ok with other grains? ...

Whoops. Should have thought about this before I made bread yesterday :devil:. A dense, heavy bread made with ww flour, oat flour, flax seed meal, wheat bran, oat bran and 4 kinds of seeds (oops, forgot the chia seeds). I should call it Kitchen Sink Multi-Grain Bread. I liked it, hearty and wholesome. [it definitely needed some work in the leavening department so if I make it again, I'll have to adjust something] But you know sometimes having bread around = disaster, so we'll see how it goes.

So - hypothetically, I don't want to eat many grains. BUT as an exercise in trying to be more frugal with my food budget, I am trying to use up all the wonderful grains I have in my pantry. It's all whole grains, and the ww flour is almost gone so I am going to try things like flax meal and chickpea flour baked goods. Maybe I'll go ahead and freeze the rest of that bread I made...

Phase ?
B - black tea with unsweetened almond milk. I small slice multi-grain bread (42 g; I weighed it!) toasted, with smear of smart balance. Romaine lettuce with egg salad made with one whole egg and one egg white.
L - Lentil soup! [I'm gonna be eating this for the next 3 days too. Fun fun] With spinach added.
S - not sure yet, have to survey the fridge
D - Don't know. If we don't go out, I will make crab cakes with a big salad.
dessert - chia pudding made with almond milk

SGeranium
03-11-2011, 02:54 PM
1: greek yogurt, raspberries, chopped orange, a little agave, and coffee with cream
2: bean soup with raw sugar snap peas
3: afternoon coffee with cream (first one in months- wiped out)
4: taco salad with salsa /yogurt dressing
5: sunflower seeds

I feel like I'm forgetting something.....

Exercise: not a lick , really run down today.
Water: not enough
vitamin: I remembered !!!!:carrot: shelf life actually saw your post and that reminded me;)

Mmckellen
03-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Saturday Phase 1 eating (but may have a bit of wine tonight)
B: I am having a blood test at 8:30 so I can't eat until after that. I'm bringing sliced chicken and sugar snap peas with me to eat for breakfast.
S: peanuts
L: veggie omlette with salad on the side (eating out)
S: roasted chick peas and carrots
D: spagetti squash casserole

CyndiM
03-12-2011, 07:38 AM
B: beans, broccoli & egg
S: apple, string cheese
L: African lentil soup
S: yogurt
D: spaghetti Squash, gimme lean & veggie sauce, big pan of roasted broccoli & cauliflower

exercise: walk outside!, hoop, hip/core exercises

claire0412
03-12-2011, 11:04 AM
B/L: Omelette with loads of left over veggies
S: Orange and walnut muffin (yum!) + too many cranberries + too much dark chocolate (bad!) 1/2 an orange
D: Chilli con carne
Lots and lots of tea
Dessert : yoghurt with an apple

Exercise : cycling 40mins - am ill :(
Water : good!

zeffryn
03-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Lost the water weight from Mardi Gras and I am doing pretty well with cravings, so off to phase 2 it is. I was having wonderful success before on P2 when I stuck to plan.

wt: 154.6

P2
1: ezekiel bread pudding (chopped up ezekiel bread, unsweetened cranberries, pecans, unsweetened almond milk, 1 egg)
2: raw vegetable soup from the Crazy Sexy Diet cookbook (just a bunch of veggies, blended with veggie stock); kombucha
3: italian turkey meatloaf (using ezekiel crumbs), mashed cauliflower, green beans
4: grapes

shelflife
03-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Wt 169.5 - now I just have to stay on plan so I don't bounce back up!
Ex: Couch to 5K Week 6 part 1
Vitamin & ω−3: Check! Yeeaaah to both of us SGeranium!
B: 1/2 Banana & 1Tbsp PB on a slice of toasted Ezekiel bread. A laughing cow.
Sn: SF Jello.
L: 1/2 spicy bean burger in a small tortilla with sour cream, cheddar, tomato & broc slaw
Sn: 8 almonds & an orange post gym.
S: Wendy's chili over smashed cauliflower florets. Wasn't sure how the chili would work over cauliflower, but it was so awesome!! Very filling too. Topped with a 1T sour cream and 1/8 cup grated RF cheddar.

SGeranium
03-12-2011, 12:45 PM
1: coffee with cream
2: ceaser salad, baked chicken breast, orange
3: roasted veg/ chicken sausage pizza on a ww tortilla, extra roasted veggies, a couple of bites of dh's awesome home made pizza with off plan crust
4: tea with stevia, 100 calorie dark chocolate bar, roasted chick peas ( so good, this was my first time making them)

water: good today
vitamin: two days in a row!! Go me
Exercise: only 30 minutes, must do double duty today

Porthardygurl
03-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Phase 2!!!

B: 1/2 cup of steel cut oats w. 1/2 cup fat free splenda sweetned yogurt
S: skim cheese string
L: Flaxseed foccacia style bread slice w/egg salad and 2 cups V8
D: Bunless burger with homemade sugar free bbq sauce and side salad.

CyndiM
03-12-2011, 05:39 PM
PHG - I know it's probably getting really old but where are your veggies? Are you not a veggie person? Would ideas help? It really will be much easier if you get 4 1/2 cups of veggies in - you will be more satisfied and everything will move better. The two things I changed that really made a difference were getting those veggies in and eating more beans. It takes a little creativity at first but you will be glad you did. As a bonus it will be great for your little one as she starts trying new foods.

RandoMandaPanda
03-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Om nom nom. Phase 1.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs with RF cheese and about a cup of spinach wilted in for good measure.
Snack-2T PB
Lunch-Spinach salad with tuna and a smattering of this fabulous chipotle ranch I found at the store last week
Dinner-About to make a burger patty out of ground sirloin, chopped jalapeños, RF cheddar, cumin, cayenne, chili powder, and a touch of garlic powder. I'll be eating it over--you guessed it--spinach. I heart spinach. Can't get enough of it!
No dessert. And I didn't have anything interesting around the house for an afternoon snack either. Big grocery shopping in the morning, so I'll get some stuff for that!