Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-06-2011, 02:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Default 5.1' 135 pound burning to many calories whit bodymedia use ? help please.

I need help understanding this, I bought a bodymedia fit 2 week ago , and my calories burn are a lot higher that I though.

On freedieting said : 1970 calories for maintenance whit a 5 times a week intense exercise.

My bodymedia goes from 2650 to 3200 .

Isn't that to much for my weight, height and age.(135 pound, 5.1" 30 years)

It hard to accept that I am burning that much, they said that it has a 10% different.

I have been having trouble with my maintenance / weight lose , i just wonder if , I was eating to Little on base a my bodymedia reading.

Please help me get this one.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

MyPlate has you around 2,000 a day not including exercise. Including exercise, it would be higher.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:37 AM   #3  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

And freedieting.com says you need 1859. Unfortunately, all those calculators and gadgets are just estimations. Sure the bodymedia is probably pretty acurate about your burn, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you can eat all those cals back.

We're all experiments of one, as we've all heard here, and you're just going to have to pick a calorie range and stick with it for at least 8 weeks IMO, to see how it reacts with your level of activity, TOM, and other natural life fluctuations. I know that's hard, but finding that sweet spot can take a long time. If you don't like what the scale is doing then you can increase or decrease depending on your desired results.

If it matters to you, I was maintaining at 1600-1800 with weekends "off" for a while. Then I decided to up it to 1800-2000 with weekends still "off" but a little more controlled. I'm still deciding if I'm liking the second range and am considering decreasing slightly because I'm not quite sure I'm liking the scale's behaviour. I'm 31, 5'6" on a good day and hovering at 141-143, and I think I liked it hovering at 138-140 better, but I'm also in the middle of a strength training program so I'm not sure what the best course of action is for me right now. So like I said, experiment of one Good luck!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

So it is possible , that my body can burn that much calories ?

I guess i have to play whit my numbers, it just seen to much for my height , weight.

Thanks for the replies.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote