South Beach Diet - SBD Chat for Weekend March 5-6

View Full Version : SBD Chat for Weekend March 5-6

Mmckellen
03-05-2011, 06:29 AM
Hi all,
Hope I got the title right here! Mod, feel free to edit.

BEAN OVERLOAD. So, I did end up having wine last night and having roasted chick peas with it. I was in a snacking mood and had more than .5 cup - probably had 1.5 cups total. Problem is I also had chick peas in my lunch dish and ate a MS black bean burger for dinner last night :fr: My husband was threatening to go stay in a hotel! I've got to get some beano. Now, the thought of beans is grossing me out. I think I'll give the leftover MS burgers to some girls at work.

Today we are driving up to my parent's house and stopping at Ikea on the way to pick up a few items. We're going out to dinner tonight (Mexican) and I will be off plan. Coming back tomorrow, and I've already done a lot of my weekly food prep so I shouldn't be stressed. It's going to rain here, but be in the 50s. Wish me luck with my conversation with my mom-hope everyone has a great weekend.

tomandkara
03-05-2011, 06:51 AM
Good luck, Matilda! I hope you can enjoy your weekend despite the heavy talk.

I'm just checking in quick to get a recipe. I'll be back later.

Heidi58
03-05-2011, 06:53 AM
:lol: Matilda, your husband's threat to stay in a hotel last night got me giggling. I'm sorry you were uncomfortable though. I'm wondering how you're going to manage Mexican tonight without beans? LOL I do hope you have a good visit with your folks today, and that the Lyme disease discussion with your mom goes well.

Hello Kara, I hope your Saturday is going well.

I didn't mean to alarm anyone with my comment about artificial sweeteners yesterday. I believe that they're fine in moderation. My problem is that I've been relying on them way too much. I drink 4 - 6 cups of hot tea most days and was putting 1 packet of Splenda in each cup. My daily yogurt was flavored with splenda. I have steel cut oats or oat bran for breakfast most mornings and I was putting splenda on that too. Then there were the extras, things I didn't have every day but had several times a week (diet soda, SF jello, chewing gum). That's way too many chemicals for anyone. It's no wonder my body is rebelling at being cut off! :lol: I'm sure I'll use artificial sweeteners from time to time once the spring challenge is over but between now and then I'm sticking to stevia, honey or agave if I absolutely have to add sweetener.

We had a great time at the ski area yesterday - it was cold but sunny and the kids were dressed warm. Everyone enjoyed the tubing and there were no injuries so I went to bed tired but very happy. :)

I've got a youth group event this afternoon, but the morning is my own. I've got a lot of things I should do, but I'm thinking of putting those things aside and heading out on my snowshoes. There's rain/sleet on the way tonight and that will make my favorite trail 'crusty'. I'll still be able to snowshoe but it's great right now so I want to get one more trek without crunching at every step. ;)

Enjoy your Saturday friends! :hug:

cottagebythesea
03-05-2011, 06:54 AM
:coffee: Good morning!

You did fine, Matilda, and thanks for starting us up. :) I hope you have a nice visit with your parents, and things go especially well with your mother. I'm very familiar with Lyme disease, as the family I work for all has it except for Maggie. They have their good days and their bad, but it can be a grueling and devasting disease. Sorry about your bean overload!

The only thing on my agenda for today is go out shopping for a birthday present for Audrey, who'll be turning the ripe old age of 10 next Sunday. She enjoys science and loves to prove theories, so I hope I can find something she'd like at the Discovery Store. I can't do anything out in the yard today since Jake put the first lawn treatment on it yesterday, so I think the rest of the day will be spent curled up on the sofa reading.

Time to refill my coffee.

Mmckellen
03-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Heidi, I'm with you on the artificial sweetners. The chemicals in them really worry me. I also notice products that use them increase my cravings and make me gain weight. I've read too many stories about aspartame to feel comfortable, and we don't really know all that much about splenda. If I'm going to eat something sweet I'll go for something with real sugar, and deal with those consequences. In two weeks we are going to the Cheesecake Factory and I'm going to share a piece of real cheesecake with my family.

Ruthxxx
03-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Jake put the first lawn treatment on it yesterday!!!!! Cottage, you are soooo mean! I don't even have a clear deck although today's predicted rain should help that.

Matilda, my sympathies to your DH over the bean overload. ;)

Heidi, snowshoeing certainly is major exercise. My inner thighs are still sore from the first time I tried it - first AND last I must say.

Yesterday was a delightfully relaxed day with some niggles cleared, coffee with a friend and time to get some wee projects ready to demonstrate at my quilting meeting on Monday. We are having a tea and quilt raffle in the fall and want to have a small craft table as well. I am going to show them how to make chicken pincushions which are kind of cute. I've also made some stack'n whack coasters.

Today will be another relaxed day. It's supposed to rain and be mild so I just might get some of the ice off the back deck. We are expecting snow tomorrow :( and snow on top of ice is not a good thing for my bum knee. I also plan some couch time with two snuggly dogs and I might even get a chance to watch the first Harry Potter. My Book Club is reading Harry and I just can't get into it so I'm going to cheat. We are supposed to be comparing it to The Hobbit. :shrug:

Time for an OP breakfast - not beans, Matilda! I hope you all have some fun and relaxation this first March weekend. :cofdate:

CyndiM
03-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Good morning :wave: Slept wrong and woke up with a killer headache. I've got to shake it and prep for a one hour phone conference at 10. I'm running it so I have to clear the cobwebs out (my boss has a 15 month old and has worked 3 nights this week so we took over the calls today so she could spend the day focused on that cute baby). Right now I'm hoping coffee and sitting up will take care of it. Must schedule a massage for this week! I'll be back after my call meeting.

cottagebythesea
03-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Sorry about that, Ruthie, but I just thought I'd rub it in. I hope I don't have to end up eating my words! I don't want to see any more snow this year! ;) That's too bad that you aren't enjoying Harry Potter, I read the entire series one summer and thoroughly loved it. Enjoy your relaxed day!

Heidi, I've been thinking a lot about trying to give up Splenda, too. I use it about as much as you, but my coffee and tea just don't taste right without being sweetened. I may try switching to stevia and see how that goes. I'm glad you had a nice day at Black Mountain yesterday with the kiddies.

Kara, what's on the menu for dinner? ;)

Cyndi, take a couple of Advil with your coffee to help banish your headache. That's an awful thing to wake up to. I hope you're feeling much better in time for your conference.

WaistingTime
03-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Good morning everyone!

Matilda - The beans don't get me anymore. But... broccoli and some fruits and cabbage! And sugar free gum!

Heidi - I am probably very similar to you in thinking. I've contentedly used sweeteners for years but I might get 6-10 serving a day now! I was thinking about you yesterday, when I bought more sf jello, and wondered what you'll be eating if you want a sweet treat.

Cyndi - Hope you feel better soon!

This is my teen's basketball tournament weekend. First game is at 11:00 which cuts right into my morning exercise so I will try to get going earlier today. He could play up to 5 game this weekend if they win them all; they won't. So my weekend is in flux until we know more. My mom just passed along Jodi Picoult's new book to me so I'll be doing some reading.

BBL!

NicoleInCt
03-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Good morning, everyone. That was a funny bean story to start with today :) I've been there too! I really measure my black bean soup (as much as I love it). So, I haven't posted here all week. It's been crazy, but I stayed on plan, exercised 1hr on my treadmill 3x this week, and plan to add 2 more times this weekend. I am down a total of 7 lbs since February 15th, so I'm feeling pretty good. And here's the interesting part: I usually take one meal off each week (usually at some point over the weekend). Well, last night I decided to have a piece of my homemade pizza and a piece of my son's ice cream cake for dessert. It was good. I enjoyed it. But the interesting part is that I was excited to get back on plan today. EXCITED! Never in my life have I genuinely wanted to be on a "diet." I realized I feel good on SB. I know I'm eating well/clean, and I'm losing weight in the process! I don't feel deprived or like I'm missing out on something, which I think has been my mindset in the past. What a revelation! Have a good weekend, everyone!

tanner'smom
03-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Good morning!!

I LOVE :love: beans!!! I guess I am lucky in that they do not give me gas. I do get gas though from any dairy.

I have always thought I consume to much artifical sweetners. It does concern me. I always would like to lessen my consumption.

Today should be calm. I have laundry, groceries and taking my son to his play practice.

Have a great Saturday!!

weezle
03-05-2011, 09:08 AM
I THINK about beans and get gas. In fact, I think I'm starting to get gassy now, from all this talking about beans. I literally laughed out loud Matilda. Chris can totally relate to your DH. I read your post out loud to him and he scoffed and said "Been there!" :lol:

So here's what I say...... since wan2beamom, thefrenchgirl, and I live in Springfield, and candle lady certainly has reason to come up and VISIT Springfield, I think the next Fat Chicks on the Beach gathering should be.... in Springfield. I tried a fun trip to the Keys last year and nobody could make it. Lots of history here! Abraham Lincoln! State Capital of Illinois! Oooooh. :D? (Also we at least have some birds, for the bird lovers. Chris and I heard an owl the other morning!)

Anna has her volleyball tourney today. We have to be there at 10:45. Chris is like "ugh this is going to be all day." Well um... yes. It's a tournament. Like a geeky gaming tournament, only without the computers. It's an all day event. :rolleyes: As long as she has fun!!!

Better find some breakfast. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Lisa

claire0412
03-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi everyone!

Hope you don't mind if I jump in to the daily threads every now and again!

I noticed lots of people are saying they want to cut down on the sweeteners - i hear you! I've been on phase one for 2 weeks now, and have been eating a lot of sweeteners because they are legal. I have noticed they bring out the cookie monster in me though, and last night it ended up in a massive detour off plan. I've decided to give them up for the spring challenge, so I'm making some sugar free jam (just using the sweetness from the fruits) today to help me through! Yoghurt with jam and peanut butter is my favourite breakfast!

I've started back on plan today though, with a big long run out of the city (14km, the longest i've managed this year so far!) and now I am feeling healthy and willing to stick with the plan again :-)

MMckellen - I know what you mean! The beans do it for me too, and sugar free sweets and cauliflower, which is rubbish. Thank god that my boyfriend is in the US for 5 weeks, hopefully my bowels will've adjusted by the time he gets back. I better cancel my order for sugar free stuff, or he might live to regret it!! Now I see the positives of living in a country with a very limited range of sugar free things (jams, sweets and that's about it!).

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Schmoodle
03-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Hello all! DH got home fine yesterday and is freezing his butt off while acclimating to end of winter instead of end of summer. We dropped the kids at the farm for riding lessons this morning, and had a nice breakfast out, then groceries and errands. I'm going to relax for a bit, try to get caught up on laundry, then plan to make a nice pork tenderloin dinner later. DH became a fan of Pisco Sours while in Chile and brought a bottle home, so we'll mix up a batch later - he says he likes them without sugar, so won't be on-plan with the liquor but at least no sugar. That's it - stay home eat drink relax, what a grand plan! Just realized I did not put the next load in yet, so bbl for personals.

TallandThin
03-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Morning friend beachers :wave:.

Matilda, thanks for getting us started this weekend. So you went a little overboard on beans, girl it could have been a whole lot worse. Good luck on talking with your mom. Hope she listens to you and will get checked out. OMG, the cheesecake factory. My problem is that the one piece would set me off and I couldn't/wouldn't stop. I have to be so darn careful about that.

Heidi, when and if you start using artificial sweeteners again, how about truvia? I believe it is made from part of stevia, isn't it and should be one of the better ones? I have also read that when buying stevia that there are two kinds and one doesn't leave the after taste. Has anyone else heard about that?

Linda, how fun to go shopping for Audrey at the Discovery store. I could spend most of the day there. I remember when my youngest GS was about that age or younger. I so enjoyed shopping for him.

Ruth, remind me again what niggles stands for. Would love to see a picture of your chicken pincushions and stack'n whack coasters.

Cyndi, I slept wrong yesterday and woke up with an aching back which hung around most of the day. I'm still feeling it a bit this morning but hoping it will work it's way out. Good luck getting rid of your headache and hope your conference call runs smoothly.

Karen, relax and enjoy your boy's games this weekend. I miss not having some sort of game to go to right now for our youngest GS. He plays football in the Fall, baseball in the Spring and a little soccer about now. We go to all of his football and baseball games but not so much for soccer.

Nicole, and you should feel good about your 7 lb loss girl. Just a word of advice though, be real careful about those "off meals" as they can become a habit and later when the weight loss slows down, it will be more difficult.

Jasmine, I completely agree. I think we all would like to cut down the amount of artificial sweeteners that we eat, but right now I have to concentrate of first getting some more of this weight off, then a bit further down the road, I'll tackle other issues.

Lisa, and you get to go to a game today too! I miss doing that right now but baseball will be starting soon.

Claire, of course we don't mind. Good for you for getting right back on plan.
Well, time to get off here and get busy. I've already completely my walk this morning in the sunshine and feel good about that. Now the rest of the day will be doing laundry and general normal house chores. In this nice weather though, will spend some time this afternoon outside getting some more sun before the storm comes our way tomorrow. Have a great day my friends and try hard to stay on plan on your beach blanket!

candle lady
03-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Fat Chicks on the beach meeting in Springfield...I could handle that...as long as it will be warm!!! LOL

candle lady
03-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Hey everyone! Just got back from an MDA walk. It was at Cowboys stadium and I had to be there at 8am....I am soooo tired! I can't decide if I should take a nap, work on homework, or do my food prep for the week. I think the nap will win because I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!:dizzy:

weezle
03-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Jess - I agree, I think the best time would be June. Low-mid 80's, but not scorching State Fair time, 90+ degrees. I would've said May, but thanks to "Global Warming," it doesn't really warm up here consistently until mid to late May now. :?: They should call it "Global Freezing Lisa's :censored: Off." :lol:

Are your parents still here in town? Thought of you today at the volleyball tourney. MY NAME IS LISA AND YOU KNOW WHAT I GOT??? ;)

RandoMandaPanda
03-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Good afternoon! Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.

Matilda-LMBO with the beans! I'm fortunate in that even with my IBS, beans and spicy foods don't do anything to me. I could eat them by the truckload and everyone around would be none the wiser! Squeeze cheeks, girlfriend!

Heidi and Matilda-I try to stay away from the stuff, for sure... When I stay completely away from it, though, I get the worst urges to cheat. My 'cheats' have become SF Torani syrups (sweetened with sucralose) to sweeten my iced coffee in the morning. If I had to give up my super-sweet flavored iced coffees I couldn't do SB!!! A tablespoon of syrup goes a long way. Before SB it would be a tbsp of vanilla extract or nesquik chocolate syrup and 1-1.5 tbsp of sugar in my iced coffee!!! (Sugar addict, much?)

Cottage, enjoy a lovely day of reading!!! I'm jealous! I keep trying to start A Prayer For Owen Meany and it just isn't happening! My four year old doesn't like me paying attention to anything but him, haha!

Ruth, I can't get into Harry Potter, either... Not even the movies! I did thoroughly enjoy The Hobbit, though. I recently picked up LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring for $1 at Goodwill, but again, my four year old won't allow it.

Cyndi, how nice of you guys to take over like that! I hope your headache clears up quickly!

Karen and tanner'smom, sounds like the kidlets have you occupied today! Isn't it great working as a chauffeur?! ;-)

Nicole, Congrats! It does feel good to know you're doing something great with your body. That's an excellent revelation to have!!!

Claire, 14k?! Good for you! I'm lucky to do one and not fall out! LOL! Keep up the good work!!!

Schmoodle, I never could get into pisco! Blech! Enjoy though, and I'm sure you're happy to have him back! How long was he gone?

Well ladies, the past two days have been rough. Had to turn down the job interview as I simply couldn't afford the trip after all... Dropping off resumes on Monday, as well as donating plasma. That'll be $50 cash in my pocket! Going to the community college as well to look into a couple of programs (namely web technologies and graphic design). I'm glad I can rest up a little this weekend before Manic Monday!!!

Today my munchkin's friend has a birthday party. Not exactly looking forward to it... A McDonald's filled with crazy screaming 5- and 6-year-olds! Ahhh!

ALSO, pretty big news. For those of you that are familiar with my story, you know that my boyfriend of 6 years and father of my 4 year old skipped the country when his mother passed, and I didn't know if and when he was returning. Well we spoke last night and he said he'd like to be home within the month if he can!!! He doesn't have a set travel date, but is aiming for the first week of April. My son has been having a rough time not having his Daddy, and his return would mean the world to both of us.

I hate to join this forum and vent all my Jerry Springer drama, but it alllll hit the fan at once, lol! Never a dull moment!!! <3

Happy Saturday, chicks!

Amanda

PS, Scale was down a pound yesterday. Did weights last night, and it didn't budge one way or the other. No doubt my muscles are retaining water to repair, so hopefully tomorrow I get a bit of a whoosh and drop one or two. Then I could upgrade my 50 lb chick avatar to a 55! Oh, and I'm so ready to be past my 20 days of probation so that I can put up a ticker already!!!

Lexxiss
03-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi Everyone:sunny:

Wow! The first time I haven't checked in early in ?? ages?? Life just happened too fast this morning, then I lost my internet to ski traffic.

Right now I'm in the backseat of my own car with Bing...mom in front, sis is driving. She always has errands and I don't mind going since she goes to a big park for a bike ride. We have to take my car, though, because of the bike rack. I won't get home until later but have some leftovers from last night.

Take care everyone!

candle lady
03-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Jess - I agree, I think the best time would be June. Low-mid 80's, but not scorching State Fair time, 90+ degrees. I would've said May, but thanks to "Global Warming," it doesn't really warm up here consistently until mid to late May now. :?: They should call it "Global Freezing Lisa's :censored: Off." :lol:

Are your parents still here in town? Thought of you today at the volleyball tourney. MY NAME IS LISA AND YOU KNOW WHAT I GOT??? ;)
Lisa, my mom is still there and my dad lives in Lincoln. They divorced after 19 years!!! Crazy but true. Oh how I miss the volleyball days...how did she do in the tournament??

weezle
03-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Ahhh they lost the very first match, to the team they wiped the floor with a week ago! Poor coaching. Who the heck puts their B Team in for the first game in tourney play??? Not Miss Bowden, that's who. B Team struggled and lost the first game, morale went down and everyone was bummed for when the A Team went in the second game, and they lost. I think in the two games, we gave up at least 15 points to serves either in the net or served out. They just choked after losing the first game.

Anna played well, thankfully. She's pretty level-headed about things, much moreso than she was at the beginning of the season. She said she went out there and was humming every time she served. I will say that 5 & 6 grade vball has come REALLY FAR since we were there. Girls with a more powerful overhand serve than I had in high school!!!! :yikes: Spiking already, it's crazy!

Sorry to hear about your parents splitting. Hopefully they're both happy, though!

Heidi58
03-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Hi ladies! :wave:

I didn't get my snowshoeing in - I got ready and went out to the barn to get my snowshoes and then realized I'd left them in the truck the other day. And Fergie and the truck were on their way to NH for the day. duh! I walked around the yard and then came in and hit the treadmill. The youth group event this afternoon/evening was a lot of fun and I managed to avoid both the junk food AND the diet soda. :) So I'm tired but happy tonight.

TallandThin, I agree with you 100%. I've been uncomfortable with all the artificial sweeteners for months now, but I didn't want to try giving them up while I was still losing weight. I'm only brave enough now because I'm at my goal weight. I need to investigate Truvia a little bit more. It's made from stevia but also has sugar alcohols in it (erythinol I think). I'm happy with the plain stevia from the health food store, so I just haven't taken the time to read up on Truvia yet.

Amanda, I'm missing my SF syrups big time right now. I'll adjust though.
Too bad you didn't live closer, I've got a nice collection of flavors I could pass on to you! LOL

Lisa, I'm sorry Anna's team didn't do better today, but glad that she handled herself well. :)

:hug: to the rest of you.

Porthardygurl
03-06-2011, 04:18 AM
Good early morning to everyone on this lovely March 6th day...Its about 1:13 in the early morning and i havent made it to bed and evidently neither has my brain..Yesterday was okay but the day before was horrible. I ended up taking baby girl to the hospital because she refused to eat anymore..She wouldnt eat at all..Well now she seems okay but she has to go back to see a doctor because it turns out that despite me feeding her 8 bottles a day, she has only gained a pound in 4 months ( i wish i had that kind of luck) which means something is going on..so she may have to get some tests done..plus she is still horribly ill with Bronchitis thats not getting better despite being on a max dose of an inhaler and oral antibiotics..But apart from that, i finally got to have some "just me" time last night. I got out to the womens church scrapbooking group and had a great time doings scrapbooking for the first time ever..I met some awesome women who i intend to hang out with and it just felt good overall to have a de-stress break because i felt like i was going batty for awhile..just stressed from dealing with baby girl.. Have i mentioned that im thankful for my daughter? I love her to pieces and i love that she is my life..thats what im thankful for..

Well everyone, i hope you have a marvelous beautiful march 6th today..Im going to bed now..and hopefully my brain will..only a few hours till church is around the corner..:) Have a great day! PS: Coffee is on for those early morning risers!

Heidi58
03-06-2011, 06:16 AM
Pleasant dreams, PHG. I'm glad you were able to have some time to yourself last night. I hope your little girl feels better very soon.

I'm looking forward to another nice day. It's 44 degrees and rainy here. It smelled like spring when I opened the door for the dog this morning. We've got so much snow that it's not going to all melt, but I am hoping the high snowbanks at intersections will shrink down. And, I'm feeling much better now - no more headache, fatigue or irritability - so whether it was a virus or withdrawal from the artificial sweeteners, it's behind me now. :)

Enjoy your Sunday friends! :hug:

Ruthxxx
03-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Well it rained hard all night and turned to freezing rain and snow. My dog yard is flooded and is now a skating rink and my poor car is coated with ice. I left it out last night and feel like a bad car-mother. We also got a good 5" of snow on top of the ice. It'll be busy in the ER today!

After coffee, I'll bundle up and see if my car door opens. I suspect it won't and that I will not make it to Church. :shrug: I'm sure I can find something else to do that will be good for my soul this morning.

Hope your Sunday morning is more springlike than mine!

Ruthxxx
03-06-2011, 07:28 AM
:cheer: Church has been canceled because of the weather. I am going to grab another coffee, a magazine and soak in a hot tub for a while. Then I'll get out there with the hairdryer and see if I can thaw my car doors enough to get in and drive it into the barn. Gotta prove that Canadians are not wimps!

cottagebythesea
03-06-2011, 07:38 AM
It's raining here, but thank goodness it's cold enough to freeze. Ruth, please don't even try to go out until later when, hopefully, it will warm up some and be less dangerous. Heidi, I'm going out to the store later and am going to look at the stevia-based sweeteners. You really set my mind to seriously consider breaking my Splenda habit. I'm glad all your symptoms have vanished and that you are feeling better. PHG, I hope your baby starts getting better soon, poor wee thing. At least the doctor didn't feel it was serious enough to hospitalize her, so that's good news, right? I'm glad you were able to get out and have a little time to yourself. It sure feels good to get a little breather every once in a while and restore your soul.

I had planned on walking over to the supermarket this morning, but it's raining pretty hard out there, so I'm going to drive. I know, I'm a wimp. But I don't want my bag of groceries to get all wet! The kids will be over later for Sunday dinner and I'm making a roast for them, but I'm having Cauliflower Alfredo over steamed red cabbage with a salad. I want to make a batch of Nessa Bars for the week, too, and finish making a pot of African Stew. I got out all the stuff for it yesterday and sauteed the onions and peppers, then realized the lentils I was just about to add were split peas instead. They may have made a good substitute, but since I haven't tried this recipe before, I wanted to make it according to the directions the first time. ;)

The Philadelphia Flower Show opens today, a sure sign of Spring! :)

CyndiM
03-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Good morning :coffee2: I've got a couple of small windows open this morning to air the place out. It's not warm enough to open many but I'm loving the bird sounds. They sure think spring is right around the corner! Of course the kitties are also beside themselves because I did open their favorite window a little.

Ruth - That ice is heading our way tonight but not until after more melting. My driveway is a muddy mess and I'll avoid all the unpaved roads today.
Enjoy the found time,sounds like a perfect plan (the tub part, that is).

Heidi - I'm just looking forward to being able to get to our compost bins again! I feel so guilty throwing food bits in the trash but there's an 8' wall of snow across the back of our driveway and no getting over it. So glad to hear that you are feeling better today!

Cottage - Hm, not sure how that would be with split peas ;) I forgot that I bought creamy PB when I was making that a lot so our stew had little peanut bits in it. Not something I'd choose to do but not bad. I forgot how good that recipe is. I did use the 1/4 rice in ours to make it extra thick. yum

PHG - Hope the babe is finally turning a corner and feeling better. A good friend of ours just went through the bronchitis thing with her baby too. It's so scary. Good for you for grabbing a little time for you to relax. It's so hard being on 100% of the time.

Nothing exciting on tap today. We are off to town to buy DW work shoes at the Outlet Mall. I'll have to do a little shopping to, since we are there and all ;) Then off to lunch at my favorite place. After that it's home, cleaning, cooking and relaxing; not a bad plan for a weekend day.

I'm going to try to add a massage in this week if scheduling allows. Those stupid headaches are all from the herniated disc in my neck getting annoyed. A massage will settle things down again. I sure wish my insurance company would pay for those :shrug: but they are still worth every penny.

Off to scan cookbooks to plan the day's cooking. Hope your Sunday has plenty of time for relaxing

claire0412
03-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Afternoon everyone!
PHG - your poor little girl, I hope she gets better soon!
Heidi - glad you are feeling better. I am going to look into Stevia tomorrow.
Ruth - good luck! I'm thankful the snowy winter seems to be over now, wetter.at says temperatures will be around 14 degrees next week, happy days!
Cottage by the Sea - the flowers on my windowsill are growing now, it defo is a sign that spring is on its way!

I've had a lazy but productive day so far. I've finished making my jam, am making broccoli and blue cheese soup at the moment. I've even hung out the washing and cleaned the fridge! I'll go out for a run soon, ring my mum and buckle down to some lesson prep and thesis writing. Funny how I will do everything I normally hate (cleaning!!) before I writing one paragraph of my MA thesis. Grr bad Claire.

Have a nice day everyone :-)

WaistingTime
03-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Good morning all!

Porthardygurl - That sounds scary! How old is she?

Heidi - You have inspired me. I am trying to go sweetener free today just to see if I can stand it! My tea is yucky:( I'll be interested to see what your research shows. Seems the info is so contradictory on all types of sweeteners, artificial or not.

Yesterday my teen's team won their first basketball game so went on to a second that they lost in the final seconds of double overtime. It was very exciting and tense for the spectators! Not bad considering that other team was ranked top in their league. Today I may finally get to those scrapbooks waiting for me. Maybe:) Off to get my beans out of the crockpot.

tanner'smom
03-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Good Morning!!

I am not sure what the day holds. I do know for sure we will go to church this morning and I have already started the laundry.

Porthardygurl-I hope everything turns out well for you girl. A sick child is always stressful.

Have a great Sunday!!

TallandThin
03-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Morning everyone. Just time for a quick cup of joe :coffee2: as family is coming over for breakfast :hun:. Will check in later. Raining here so plan on doing the dreaded weight training dvd. Oh my aching body :).

Schmoodle
03-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Hello chickens! DD1 has reported in from New Orleans and has not been arrested, so I can stop worrying for a bit. She seems to be having a great time. It's rainy and icky here today, and I think I'll focus on paperwork and getting organized. I was going to clean, but I am just not feeling it and it can wait.

PHG, I hope they figure out what is going on with baby and she's better soon. Little ones sure do keep you guessing.
Lisa and Jessi - so funny how you found each other here. You know I am always up for a chick meet anywhere if I can work it in.
randomandopanda - the pisco sours were great. I love tequila and margaritas though, so it's a similar taste to me. DH was away 4 mos. He is home 4/away 4 for his job.

weezle
03-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi! Just checking in! Gonna grab some breakfast. My brother and his preggo wife are in town today so I'll be running to my parents' later on. Just another busy Sunday! Hope everyone has a great day! :D

Lisa

Lexxiss
03-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Happy Sunday:sunny:

Finally getting here! I think we're travelling tomorrow and I should be set up with better internet next week. :cp:

We are off shortly to meet up with Kirks DD and his nephew & wife. They wanted to get together for BD's. We're going to Cali Pizza Kitchen and I have to figure out what I'm having before we leave. Enjoy what's left of your weekend, friends. PS I will get a bike ride in later. Yay!

RandoMandaPanda
03-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Hey chicks! Quick check in! It's dreary and rainy here as we just had a cold front come through. Apparently it will be short lived as we're supposed to be back in the 60's tomorrow. I'm ready for spring to take full effect here! Down another pound this morning, which means I'm at my lowest since just postpartum... Over 4 years ago!!! It also means I can trade in my avatar for the 55 lbs lost chickie! Woohoo! After my evening workout I'll 'weigh in' on a couple of things. For now, I have a lot on my plate! Gotta run! <3

Amanda

PS-Schmoodle, I hate tequila and margaritas too, lol. I'm a picky drinker, which is a good thing!

Natasha1534
03-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Oh my...there are lots and lots of lengthy posts in here today!!! I don't have time to read them all, but I just wanted to come say hello. I hope you ladies are doing well. We had a cookout at work tonight and now my tummy hurts. I was good, for the most part, and ate a turkey burger on whole wheat instead of the regular burgers my co-workers ate...but I did have 1 cupcake for dessert, shame on me. :( Back on plan right this minute, though!!! :)

Anywho, I'll come back later and try to catch up.