Chicks up for a Challenge - Sarge's No Excuses/Boot Camp to Beach Weather Challenge

JayTee
03-03-2011, 06:11 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/8611211/2/istockphoto_8611211-drill-sergeant.jpg

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have already lost 33 lbs./15%, and have assembled a platoon, a group who are all out willing and determined to give 110% each and every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds like melting butt-er (that's a salute out to you know who) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. I got nothing but time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition!"

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here and embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

Rules: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds that week then DO IT! Join in any week!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, sir Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

:drill:
Sarge is Back!

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.

rainbowsmiles
03-03-2011, 06:22 PM
SiR....YES SiR....COUNT ME iN SiR!!!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5091/5495111369_56ffbea454.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5495111369/)

hey sarge....want a marshmallow??? go ahead....take it!! :D

rainbowsmiles
03-03-2011, 06:43 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5292/5495141969_53b41a6b6f.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5495141969/)

MadamButterfly
03-03-2011, 06:45 PM
SARGE, REPORTING FOR DUTY

I'M HERE TO MELT SOME BUTT-ER

LET'S ROCK IT OUT, SO BRING IT ON, I'M READY NOW!!

rainbowsmiles
03-03-2011, 06:52 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5211/5495750844_b779776eb8.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5495750844/)

BRiNG iT ON....
MELT YOUR BEST BUTT-ER!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-03-2011, 06:59 PM
:drill: nice to meet you sarge...

this is a GREAT challenge...
JUST WHAT i NEED everyday...
a little dose of kick in the BUTT reality check!!
can't wait!!

NO EXCUSES!!!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5099/5481988569_d0d453c4e4.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5481988569/)

BRiNG ON THE BOOT CAMP CHALLENGES!!

I'M SOOOOO READY!

JayTee
03-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Way to go privates Rainbow & MadameButterfly!
Pledge your Pounds Promise on Sunday and I'll kick your @#!!! all week.
Bring your friends.

I want troops!

I want a PLATOON!

I WANT YOU TO LOSE WEIGHT!

YOU WILL ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL!

Soooooo good to be back!

Kicking BUTT-er each and every day!

anni3d
03-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Ok - well I'm here and already kicking butt.

Resolute
03-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm in to drop the hammer , started Monday actually.

Gonna get it done, time to finish this, my last inner battle to win and the war is mine. Then it's on to the peace keeping mission. :D

JayTee
03-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Welcome Private AnniD--You'll enjoy the rank and file who have already joined!

WAY TO JOIN THE RANKS OF GETTING FIT & FABULOUS!

I'll expect you to pledge pounds here on Sunday. If you don't promise me pounds, I'll find you! Believe me!

carosmith14
03-03-2011, 07:14 PM
I want in! I'm reporting for duty right now...and off to run 2.5 miles in less than thirty minutes.

Kick my a$$.

JayTee
03-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Welcome Private Resolute! I applaud you for saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Pledge pounds by Sunday. Sarge will keep a list and post it by Monday morning.

JayTee
03-03-2011, 07:17 PM
OMG, Sarge can barely keep up! Welcome Pvt. Carosmith! Way to be a runner. Sarge is dragging her sorry butt-er to a 10K on 4/3 and I know we already have another runner in the group!

PUMP IT UP!

rainbowsmiles
03-03-2011, 07:36 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5174/5495236131_655a65b3ef.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5495236131/)

:welcome:
welcome biotches....LETS DO THIS!!

CAROSMiTH

RESOLUTE

ANNi3D

MADAMBUTTERFLY

Cheshirecat
03-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Sir, new recruit reporting sir.
Ready to get my a$$ handed to me, especially on the days I want to wimp out!

Starting with a 10k myself on Saturday too. With hills of course, sir!

MadamButterfly
03-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Sarge, You may need this, just in case . . .

:lol3:

OK, OFF TO MELT SOME BUTT-ER!!!!

SARGE, Glad you're back, you'll have a platoon in no time . . .

JayTee
03-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Welcome Prvt. Cheshire! Power up those hills this weekend recruit!

Thank you MadameGoo for the can o'wup @#!. Don't make me use it on you.

Carosmith should be back from her run by now. Double time it pledge!

Fill your canteens with water pledges and get ready to get YOUR SWEAT ON tomorrow!

http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-lose-5-pounds-in-2-days.htm

SMSDREAMER2007
03-03-2011, 10:26 PM
sir, yes sir! Private smsdreamer2007 reporting for duty :p

rainbowsmiles
03-04-2011, 07:42 AM
morning sarge.....oatmeal: check! water: check
now off to the gym... be back later to report sir!
:boxing:NOW GET YOUR BUTT UP AND GET IT IN GEAR....SiR!!!!:drill:

JayTee
03-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Welcome Pvt. Dreamer! Hope you had a good nights sleep because it's time toRISE & SHINE PEOPLE!!!!!

http://www.dvdactive.com/misc/chris/hdcaps/fullmetaljacket/fullmetaljacketbdcap1.jpg

What's your plan of attack today? What will you do to lose weight today?

Temptations lurk everywhere. If you even think about caving, think about Sarge getting in your face!

We are 8 so far! 8 strong, determined, proud members willing to go out and GET IT DONE!

Privates Rainbow, MadameB, AnniD, Resolute,Carosmith,Cheshire,&Dreamer....DISMISSED!

Double time it to the gym ladies and have a good day!

anni3d
03-04-2011, 09:45 AM
One cup coffee, one bottle water, some flax seed n oat hot oatmeal and going to work out now before I weigh in. L8r.:dizzy:

JayTee
03-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Work out - phase one complete!
Get-r-done!

rainbowsmiles
03-04-2011, 11:29 AM
:drill: sarge sir....

2 hrs 45 mins at the gym SiR!

biked 8.5 miles, walked 2 miles,
swam 1 mile :)
workout complete SiR!

JayTee
03-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Prvt. Rainbow--Excellent job! You earned your stripes today! If Sarge were capable of shedding a proud tear, he would!

In case anybody needs extra motivation today or over the weekend, here's an image to keep your head right.

http://www.nutritioncouncil.org/memberservices/images/Fat.jpg

Sometimes a picture says a thousand words.

MadamButterfly
03-04-2011, 12:02 PM
WORKOUT COMPLETE SARGE

JM's NO MORE PROBLEM ZONES . . . OH MY . . . 5 POUND WEIGHTS . . .
OVER 40 MINUTES WITH HEART RATE IN THE "FAT BURNING ZONE" :lifter:

NO NEED FOR CRUNCHES OR PUSH-UPS AFTER THAT ONE . . . ANOTHER WORKOUT THIS EVENING . . . :belly:

I'M MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER!!!!

2 bottles of H2O consumed, healthy breakfast and a shower . . . DONE!!

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY . . . ALMOST TIME TO PROMISE SARGE SOME POUNDS . . . I'LL BE GLAD TO GIVE THEM UP . .

JayTee
03-04-2011, 12:07 PM
WAY TO GO GOOMASTER!!!!! Sarge is impressed with your work to push outside your comfort zone with the new workout programs.

Can't wait to hear to pounds pledged on Sunday!

CourtneyDaisey
03-04-2011, 12:29 PM
I've been wondering where all of my chatty teammates disappeared to! Now I know!

Private CourtneyDaisey reporting for duty, SIR!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I'm so glad to see you all here! Now...time to burn off some butt-er!!!!!!! Oh...and to get appropriately chided for her bad dinner choice last night. :eek:

JayTee
03-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Welcome Pvt. Courtney! If Sarge reads another dinner description like you posted earlier in the week you'll be running sprints until you fill the puke bucket featured in Biggest Loser! Release your inner-Sarge and make the right choices over the weekend!

SARGE'S PROMISE ME POUNDS STARTS SUNDAY!!!!!

JayTee
03-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Workouts done for day, but in honor of Madame Butterfly my promise for tomorrow is to start incorporating crunches into my workouts and work my way up to her amazing numbers!

Enjoy your Friday night all!

CourtneyDaisey
03-04-2011, 04:18 PM
I definitely plan on incorporating more jogging into my treadmill cardio days at the gym. I gave that a whirl yesterday...and actually enjoyed it. It was move interesteding than just walking! :)

JayTee
03-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Excellent news Courtney! This is your time to really turn the corner. No more losing the same few pounds over and over again! There are no guardian angels sitting on your shoulders, only mini-Sarge and mini-Jillian screaming in your ears! Think about it!

Sindaena
03-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Hi Sarge!

Just the motivation I need to not skip my "run" tonight and to behave on the upcoming busy weekend. My daughter is competing locally Saturday morning, and my son 3 hours away in Portland Saturday evening. My mom flew out to watch and I will be the lucky driver out and back, likely with an overnight and resulting meals out.... Ugh!

Anyway count me in and I'll work up the courage to make an actual pledge in this challenge. :)

JayTee
03-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Welcome Prvt. Sindaena! Nice to have you join us here where you get what you came for! Sounds like you have a weekend of challenges, but Sarge doesn't want to hear any excuses on Monday! Keep up the great work you've delivered to date! Sarge has met his match to keep up with you, but Sarge will kick your @#!!

LOTS OF PEOPLE VIEWING THIS THREAD BUT NOT POSTING! FEEL FREE TO JUMP IN ANYTIME AND MAKE SARGE A PROMISE. HOW MANY POUNDS ARE YOU WILLING TO SAY YOU CAN AND WILL LOSE NEXT WEEK?!?!?!

Sarge will start. Between 3/6-3/13 I CAN and I WILL LOSE 2 more pounds!

Sarge's Pledge Board
Sarge = 2

SMSDREAMER2007
03-04-2011, 05:40 PM
did half an hr of walking and about 20 mins of bodyweight exercizes :D

MadamButterfly
03-04-2011, 05:45 PM
I can't believe I'm doing this, not even sure why . . . maybe a way to mark my half-way mark, (even though it's a smidge more than half way . . .) One pic is from Nov 2010, (one month after I started this journey) The other two are from today . . . I painted the jeans on, although I DID NOT have to lie on the bed to zip them up, they're size 8's, The only 8's I have . . . I haven't worn these in public yet . .

OK, I can't believe I'm doing this . . . oh well who cares . . . LOLOLOL

JayTee
03-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey Dreamer--Thanks for reporting in! Congrats on checking off "exercise" on your to do list today!

MadameButterfly -- What a riot! I hope you posted those pics on Biggest Loser site! Sarge salutes your accomplishment and bravery. There's kind of a surreal feel to having your head missing which I like. I have my own vision of you! Now drop and give me breathing room in those jeans!

rainbowsmiles
03-04-2011, 05:55 PM
..... to mark my half-way mark

HOLY BAT-BUTT-ER
madambutterfly!!!
YOU ARE SMOKIN' HOT!!!
THANKS...for sharing the photos....
that INSPIRES ME EVEN MORE!!

now get your
HUMPing
"FAT MELTiNG"
SMOKiN HOT
:strong:BUTT-er BURNiNG BODY :strong:
ready for your evening workout!! :D

MOVE iT TO LOSE iT SiSTA!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-04-2011, 05:58 PM
:drill: SARGE SiR....this private is
pledging 3 pounds SiR!!
:running: :running: :running:

rainbowsmiles
03-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Welcome Prvt. Sindaena! Sarge has met his match to keep up with you, but Sarge will kick your @#!!

WOOHOOO this week is gonna be like **** week!!
sarge i'm changing that pledge to 5 pounds!
you and sindaena are gonna eat my dust...SiR!! :D

drinkypants
03-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Count me in Sarge! This is just the type of "challenge" I have been looking for! I was starting to get a little discouraged, but I know Sarge will keep me on my toes :woops:

I can't explain how excited I am to have found this thread :carrot:

JayTee
03-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Sarge is so @#!! excited---excuse my "french" about our newcomers! Sarge is currently busy in the mess hall cooking low cal/low fat chicken marsala but will be back soon! Those of you "crossing over" so to speak, please make sure to continue posting in your "other threads" as well and bring your friends!

Sarge refuses to be silenced again!

SMSDREAMER2007
03-04-2011, 07:25 PM
I pledge 2 lbs to you sarge. I can't go too fast or too slow! hehe

rainbowsmiles
03-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Count me in Sarge! This is just the type of "challenge" I have been looking for! I was starting to get a little discouraged, but I know Sarge will keep me on my toes :woops:

I can't explain how excited I am to have found this thread :carrot:

COCOLOCO....:hug::carrot::Dwoohooooooooooooooooooo ooo cocoloco
sarge is gonna work our BUTT-s off!!!:o
you are gonna be in ONE-DER-LAND:carrot:
before you know it!!!!

HEY SARGE :drill: that low fat low cal chicken marsala sounds divine!!

COURTNEY:hug:....i ate my GREENS miss greenwithenvy!! now don't let us hear of your bad choices again missy!! or sarge will tan you hide! heehee

DREAMER...way to pledge!!!

SINDAENA GF....did you get that run in?? you inspired me to do more this evening, so another 30 mins on the excrsie bike it was! THANKS GF!! YOU ROCK!!:hug:

ANNI....where are you??? what did you do today?? huh huh???

RESOLUTE....dang....what a GREAT inspiration you are with 150 pounds lost!! OMG!! that is freakin' amazing!! LOVE YOUR SPUNKY ATTITUDE!!

CAROSMITH....did you get that 2.5 mile run done in the time you said? OMG...it is my goal that this year i do some running, even if it is to the end of the parking lot!!

CHESHIRE CAT....a 10K!! way to go!! i don't think sarge will let us have WIMP OUT DAYS! HAHAHAHAH GOOD LUCK BUSTING THOSE HILLS PVT!!

SARGE...thanks for that image of the FAT....i'm gonna knock off a 5 pounder in your honor this week!! I'll be spreading some FAT-BUTT-BE-GONE-GOO!! did another 30 mins tonight and hitting that gym tomorrow too!! no more slack saturdays for me SiR!!

COURTNEY....that mini sarge and mini jullian on each shoulder....better waht your BUTT-er GF!! SARGE IS ROCKIN US THIS WEEK!!

MADAM...i'm still turning cartwheels over your 8's!!! WOOHOO!! :D

Cheshirecat
03-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Reporting in Sir!
I can feel the motivation coming off this thread.

My motivation for my run tomorrow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHMaiNyztk

peanutt
03-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Private Peanutt reporting for duty! Pledging 1.5 lbs for next week, Sarge!

rainbowsmiles
03-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Reporting in Sir!
I can feel the motivation coming off this thread.

My motivation for my run tomorrow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHMaiNyztk

loved that vid!!! THANKS cheshirecat :D
MY SARGE IS BETTER!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Private Peanutt reporting for duty! Pledging 1.5 lbs for next week, Sarge!

welcome private peanutt!!! :D
THIS IS OUR YEAR BABY!!!
WOOHOOOOO
I SEE ONE-DER-LAND
on your horizon!!

:drill:SARGE CAN MOTIVATE LIKE NO OTHER!!

ps...i LOVE YOUR QUOTE!!!

MadamButterfly
03-04-2011, 08:47 PM
THANKS RAINBOW, I don't know about smokin hot, I have just a bit over 25 pounds o - BUTT-ER to melt away, but I know Sarge will kick my BUTT-ER if I don't keep my REAR IN GEAR . . . :rofl: I am soooooooooooo funny in my own head . . . . also Rainbow thanks for that kick in the A*** because I almost skipped that evening workout . . .

Sarge; Workout #2 - Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout & lower leg workout (5 llb weights) . . . Heart rate in the FAT BURNING ZONE 43 minutes . . . I will melt that BUTT-er!!

Cheshire cat, Cocoloco, sindea, Courtney, peanut, resolute, dreamer, anni, carosmith . . . hang on because we ARE GONNA MELT THAT BUTT-ER!!! :welcome3:

Tomorrow will be cardio day to allow my muscles to recoup since JM worked them into submission today . . .

Waiting til Sunday for weigh-in and then I'll PLEDGE MY POUNDS (PMP), although I'm thinking 2.2 . . . I'll make it definite on Sunday . . . maybe more . . .

Everyone hit the racks early 'cause Sarge will be blowing that bugle NICE AND EARLY . . .

rainbowsmiles
03-04-2011, 09:01 PM
:drill: SARGE SiR...
instead of my usual tea and biccies and a board game with hubby....
i dug out an old vhs tape of stretch and tone execises....
busted my BUTT-er for 30 more mins...
then made myself a
mango orange pineapple pina colada protein smoothie!!

:boxing:BOOYAH!!!:boxing:
NOW THATS WHAT i'M TALKiNG ABOUT!

BRiNG iT ON SiSTAS!!
THiS PRiVATE iS ON A MiSSiON THiS WEEK!!
GETTA GET BACK iN GEAR AFTER BEiNG SiCK FOR 2 WKS!

HOWS THAT FOR DAY 1 BACK iN ACTiON SARGE? :D

Sindaena
03-04-2011, 09:22 PM
[SIZE=4]SINDAENA GF....did you get that run in?? you inspired me to do more this evening, so another 30 mins on the excrsie bike it was! THANKS GF!! YOU ROCK!!:hug:

I did, thank you. I am sooo tired now... but I have a nice chicken breast stuffed with lowfat cheddar and asparagus and some brown rice cooking. Unfortunately I can smell the high fat beef massamun curry cooking for the rest of the family, lol.

Way to go on the extra half hour rainbow!

JayTee
03-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Welcome Prvt. Peanutt!

Nice vid Cheshire!!!!! Incredible motivation. I shall think of you as I put in my own 10K tomorrow morning. Mine has no hills, so bless you, private...let us know how it goes this weekend.

SARGE IS INCREDIBLY HAPPY WITH THE PROGRESS, PROMISES AND HARD WORK OF ALL!!!! AND THAT's A GOOD THING BECAUSE SARGE IS A FRIEND OF CHARLIE SHEEN AND SARGE DOESN'T WANT TO HAVE TO FIND AN EXCUSE TO CUT OFF YOUR HEAD AND MAIL IT TO YOUR MAMA IN A BOX IF YOU DON'T PRODUCE!

SARGE PLEDGE LIST UPDATE:
Sarge = 2
Rainbow = 5 (impressive pledge, private!)
Peanutt = 1.5
Dreamer = 2

Sarge salutes all pledgees...http://www.absolutestockphoto.com/albums/userpics/10012/thumb_Absolute_12_61235.jpg

Hit the sack recruits...revelry at 0:500!

rainbow84uk
03-05-2011, 03:27 AM
Sir, Private Rainbow84uk reporting for duty, sir!

I'd like to pledge -2lb for the coming week, Sarge. This thread has motivated me to get down to the gym right now!

rainbowsmiles
03-05-2011, 07:27 AM
MORNiNG SARGE :drill:
off to the gym bbl to report in SiR!!
I KNOW YOU'LL KiCK MY &*^%$$##@ SiR!!!

JayTee
03-05-2011, 08:36 AM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50596691.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14D594706ABFBE0E3EDFECD96DE7609735 5033994A0515CF34B01E70F2B3269972

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? RISE & SHINE PLATOON!!!

Welcome Prvt. Rainbow84uk! Sarge gladly accepts your 2lb. pledge

SARGE'S POUNDS PLEDGED UPDATE (Week 3/6-3/13):
Sarge = 2
Rainbowsmiles = 5 (impressive pledge, private!)
Peanutt = 1.5
Dreamer = 2
Rainbow84uk = 2
dcapulet = 2
resolute = 4.1 (per week!!!!)

Now grab your duffel and head to the gym like Rainbowsmiles!
Platoon DISMISSED...

dcapulet
03-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Sir, Private dcapulet reporting for duty, sir!

I'd like to pledge -2lb for this week, sir.

JayTee
03-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Welcome pledgee dcapulet! Sarge accepts and will hold you to your 2 lb. pledge! Now get off the internet and get to the gym!

Resolute
03-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Yesterday my evening weigh in was 250, i just about made myself nauseous from putting so much into my walk but last weekends getaway had to be paid for, i still lost 3 pounds week on week even with the detour (proud of myself ;) ) anyways...

I have 55 pounds to hit my goal weight and am aiming high ( i have hit every single goal so far so why not ? ) come June 1st i want to see that number 1 so bad i can taste it, so 87 days to lose 51 pounds is my goal, which means 4.1 pounds per week or ~2050 ish calorie deficit a day.... Eek, still thats my promise to you Sarge.

JayTee
03-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Resolute--Look at you!!! You made Sarge all warm and fuzzy with your words "my workout nearly made me nauseous!" and holy moly...what a pledge?!?! 4.1 per week!!!!! Go Hard or Go Home!

Sarge http://www.midwaysailor.com/military/salute.jpg you!

CourtneyDaisey
03-05-2011, 09:47 AM
I've been fighting it...and the crud has finally gotten into my lungs. One of my co-workers has it and now I seem to have it too. Ick. Still...I am NOT going to let having a chest cold keep me down!!!! It's also pouring down rain today, which screwed up my plans to go geocaching with my friend but I can still get in exercise today! This may be a Wii Sports kind of day.

JayTee
03-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Courtney-- it "WILL" be an exercise day!

CourtneyDaisey
03-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Courtney-- it "WILL" be an exercise day!

SIR!!!! YES SIR!!!!!

Getting off the couch and computer RIGHT NOW!!!! :D

rainbowsmiles
03-05-2011, 10:38 AM
:rain: PVT RAiN
REPORTiNG SiR!! :drill:

2 HOURS OF "GYM THYME" DONE!!
yes, you read that right, GYM THYME .... because its
ALL ABOUT SPiCiNG UP MY WEEK!!

iT'S THYME!!

:boxing:THiS iS MY YEAR!:boxing:

32 MiNS EXERCiSE BiKE, iNTERVAL TRAiNiNG RANGE
4-8, 8.1 MiLES DONE!
SWiMMiNG 1 MiLE 46.25 MiNS,
PLUS 15 MiNS KiCKBOARD
WALKiNG 1 MiLE 14 MiNS
WEiGHT TRAiNiNG 20 MiNS 15LB WEiGHTS

:drill: THANK YOU SiR!

rainbowsmiles
03-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Yesterday my evening weigh in was 250, i just about made myself nauseous from putting so much into my walk but last weekends getaway had to be paid for, i still lost 3 pounds week on week even with the detour (proud of myself ;) ) anyways...

I have 55 pounds to hit my goal weight and am aiming high ( i have hit every single goal so far so why not ? ) come June 1st i want to see that number 1 so bad i can taste it, so 87 days to lose 51 pounds is my goal, which means 4.1 pounds per week or ~2050 ish calorie deficit a day.... Eek, still thats my promise to you Sarge.

:woohoo:
LOVE YOUR ATTiTUDE!!!
LOVE iT!! LOVE iT!!

you have inspired me!!!
:strong:i WiLL get another workout in today!:strong:

rainbowsmiles
03-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Go Hard or Go Home!
Sarge

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5056/5499204719_cd967d8664.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5499204719/)

GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
LOVE iT!!

THANKS SARGE :drill:

rainbowsmiles
03-05-2011, 10:58 AM
SARGE DOESN'T WANT TO HAVE TO FIND AN EXCUSE TO CUT OFF YOUR HEAD AND MAIL IT TO YOUR MAMA IN A BOX IF YOU DON'T PRODUCE!

i'M NOT LETTiNG SARGE
KNOCK MY BLOCK OFF!!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5499225071_9cb4f4175a.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5499225071/)

MadamButterfly
03-05-2011, 11:25 AM
SARGE, I SEE YOU HAVE A FEW NEW RECRUITS . . .

Dcap & Rainbow84; :wave: Nice to see you all here . . . THERE ARE NO EXCUSES HERE . . . SARGE WILL SEEK AND FIND IF YOU TRY TO WIMP OUT ON THAT WORKOUT . . . OH YEAH!!!!

Courtney: HOPE YOU'RE FEELING BETTER SOON, WAY TO GET IN THAT WORKOUT!!!

Resolute; WOW . . . GREAT GOAL . . . YOU CAN DO IT . . . ONE-DER-LAND FOR THE SUMMER . . . OH YEAH!!

Rainbow; Oh this is going to be confusing, two rainbows . . . WAY TO WORK OUT HARD!! SARGE WILL BE SOOOOO PROUD . . .

SARGE; REPORTING IN AFTER MY ZUMBA CARDIO PARTY WORKOUT AND 400 CRUNCHES . . . HEART RATE IN THE FAT BURNING ZONE 45 MINUTES . . . OH YEAH!!!

OK SARGE . . . DID YOU GET THOSE CRUNCHES IN . . . EVEN IF YOU DO 10 . . . CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH . . . YOU CAN DO IT!!

OK, TOMORROW IS WEIGH-IN AND PROMISING POUNDS . . . WE CAN DO IT . . . IF WE DON'T SARGE WILL OPEN THE CAN OF WUP A*** ALL OVER US . . . :lol3:

Cheshirecat
03-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Back from my run Sir!

Were there hills? Heck Yes
Was it raining? Oh yeah
Did I kick some a$$ and take some names? Affirmative!

6.2 miles done, 59 minutes!
My legs love it.

Courtney-Don't let that cold get you down! And geocaching, love it. I haven't gone in over a year. I need to get back into this summer.

Rainbowsmiles-I'm in awe of your gym time! Way to sweat it out!

I'll promise my pounds tomorrow when I weigh in.

VickieLou
03-05-2011, 12:50 PM
JayTee Thanks for starting this Challenge. I need extra :kickbutt: I didn't do very well in February. I want to reach Onderland by Easter. I want to reach my GW: 132 by Dec. 31st. I'm going soon to the gym to do weights and cardio. Will enter my SW on Sunday. Sarge I want to pledge to lose 3 LBS this week, Sir.

:drill: Good Luck, Everyone!

JayTee
03-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Steven Tyler recently praised an American Idol contestant with..."s** fire and save matches, f*** a duck and see what hatches!" SARGE feels the same way about the attitude coming from this platoon! Awesome!

Sarge just completed 10K run/jog/puke in 80:55, plus free weight session AND in honor of the divine MadameB did 30 crunches and vows to add 5 more each day until he meets the GooMaster 400 Challenge...(could be a new Nascar race). P.S. Thanks for bringing your friends...the more the merrier!

On the "Rainbow" matter...how about Rainbow1, Rainbow2...kind of like Thing1 and Thing2 in Cat in the Hat! Kidding...perhaps RainbowUSA and SpanishRainbow?

Cheshire!!! Dayum! Nice run time. You took those hills like a WOMAN! At the Boston Marathon pre-game activities they have a wall where you can sign your name that you're gonna "knock the b*s**rd off" and that's what you did today!

Welcome Prvt. Vickie! Tell us tomorrow how many pounds you WILL lose next week and we'll add you to the giant tote board.

RainbowUSA--gf...you da man! Two-a-days?!?!!? WTG!!!!

Resolute
03-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Well i opened up my time capsule today (my closet :D) seems i used to be somewhat fashionable for a guy, decided to try on some clothes and hot damn i can fit in some, i'm so close to my destination there is no stopping me now. :hyper:

Time to clean the house top to bottom- ugh, then head out for my 9K daily walk.

JayTee
03-05-2011, 01:32 PM
HOW MANY OF THESE DO YOU PLEDGE TO LOSE NEXT WEEK??? (3/6-3/13)

http://www.nutritioncouncil.org/memberservices/images/Fat.jpg

SARGE'S POUNDS PLEDGED TOTE BOARD (to date):
Sarge = 2
Rainbowsmiles = 5 (impressive pledge, private!)
Peanutt = 1.5
Dreamer = 2
Rainbow84uk = 2
dcapulet = 2
anni3d = 2
VickieLou = 3

SMSDREAMER2007
03-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Sarge sir reporting on today with my 50 mins of running/walking I did it sir....I havn't ran in a long time sir..but I did it!

JayTee
03-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Congrats Pvt. Dreamer! Sarge loves to hear I DID IT! I CAN! I WILL!

Carry on!

anni3d
03-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Ran 2.5 miles yesterday on the Mill. Added an incline for a few minutes. Jammed to some tunes and pushed myself to run a few minutes @ 10 min./mile pace. Knees a bit sore - no pain, no gain.

My pledge: within a week, drop another 2 lbs.

I've lovin it!:woops::woops::woops:

JayTee
03-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Nice job pledgee Anni3D! Sarge accepts your 2lb pledge! Ice those knees and do it again tomorrow!

:drill: has a special eye on you!

rainbowsmiles
03-05-2011, 06:18 PM
:drill: SARGE SiR!!

just call me PVT. RAiN ... OR RAiN MiLES!! CAUSE THATS
WHAT i'M GONNA GiVE YOU, LOTS OF MiLES!!
MiLES AND MiLES!!

:rain:PVT RAiN....REPORTiNG ADDiTiONAL WORKOUT
20 MiNS STEP AEROBiCS
1 HR 45 MiNS BEACH CYCLiNG!
(well about 15 mins of that was feeding seagulls)
OHHH WHAT A GLORiOUS AFTERNOON!
CYCLiNG ON THE BEACH HARDLY SEEMS LiKE A WORKOUT WHEN iT iS iN
THE SUNSHiNE AND ENJOYiNG THE SOUNDS OF THE WAVES
AND GENTLE OCEAN BREEZES!

WHEW...SARGE...i'M BEAT!!:o

BUT WAiT....THERE'S MORE!!!
WHAT'S THAT???
20 CRUNCHES DONE!!

BOOOYAH!!

:boxing:THiS iS MY YEAR BABY!!:boxing:
BRiNG iT ON!!

rainbowsmiles
03-05-2011, 06:25 PM
COCOLOCO...:hug:.WOW GF!! i just saw your 2.6 loss post this week!! HOLYMOLY GF!! YOU ARE ROCKING THAT WEIGHT OFF!!:carrot:
SOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU...KEEP IT UP!!

rainbowsmiles
03-05-2011, 06:29 PM
JayTee Thanks for starting this Challenge. I need extra :kickbutt: I didn't do very well in February. I want to reach Onderland by Easter. I want to reach my GW: 132 by Dec. 31st. I'm going soon to the gym to do weights and cardio. Will enter my SW on Sunday. Sarge I want to pledge to lose 3 LBS this week, Sir.

:drill: Good Luck, Everyone!

welcome vickielou!!!
SARGE CAN BEAT THE LOU OUTTA YOU!!
SARGE WILL GET YOU INTO ONEDERLAND...
IF ANY ONE CAN SARGE CAN!!

soooo glad you came to join this challenge!!
THIS IS OUR YEAR!!

BOOOYAH!!!!

dcapulet
03-05-2011, 07:28 PM
50 mins of cardio and weight at the gym done, sir!

JayTee
03-05-2011, 07:50 PM
DCap & RAINBOW-MILES (new name which I love!) EXCELLENT! AWESOME JOB JOB!!!!

Peanutt--on plan! :)

Platoon kicking butt-er all weekend?!?!? Boo-yah!

anni3d
03-05-2011, 08:36 PM
for accepting my goal. may i have 'anotha?

drinkypants
03-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Rainbow MILES thanks!!! Wow, I can't believe how much you exercised today! That's amazing!

Sarge, Sir, I am pledging 3lbs this week!

I did 40 minutes of hill intervals including 4 minutes of jogging on the treadmill today, but as I can see from my fellow platoon mates that was just a warm up. Tomorrow I am going to do 60 minutes w/ 10 minutes jogging!

JayTee
03-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Why yes Pvt. anni3d, you may "have 'anotha," I shall post shortly!

Prvt. Loco-- Yes, Sarge shortened your name because it amuses him. Sarge accepts your pledge and salutes your workout regime! Upping your program will fit in nicely with a "side challenge" this week which I'm going to post shortly.
Welcome aboard soldier!

CourtneyDaisey
03-06-2011, 08:17 AM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/christianlady1978/reveille.jpg

Rise and shine! Sarge wants to hear our pledges of butt-er!

Sir, I am pledging 3 pounds of butt-er this week! I want those stupid 240's GONE!!!!! And I WILL get in good workouts to see that they go away! I also will NOT have ANY slip ups with my food this week! That especially means NO EATING OUT AT ALL this week!

I can and WILL do this!!!!!

Cheshirecat
03-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Goooooooood morning, Platoon!

Weighed in and I'm here to pledge 1.5 lbs gone this week.
We will kicked all this butt-er out of here.

JayTee
03-06-2011, 08:34 AM
SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SARGE'S PLEDGING FUN DAY!

SARGE'S POUNDS PLEDGED TOTE BOARD (3/6-3/13):

Sarge = 2
RainbowMILES = 5 (impressive pledge, private!)
Peanutt = 1.5
Dreamer = 2
Rainbow84uk = 2
dcapulet = 2
anni3d = 2
VickieLou = 3
CocoLoco = 3
Cheshire = 1.5
Courtney = 3
Butterfly =
Carosmith =
Sindaena =

Sarge replaced the batteries in his abacus and is pleased with 31.1 pledged thus far. That's over a "marathon" of pounds (and 124 sticks o'butt-er) the platoon WILL LOSE this week!

High-fives to you all on your dedication this week and on that note Sarge has a side challenge for you: GIMME FIVE! It can be 5 extra crunches a day, 5 extra minutes in the gym, a 5lb weight plate added to your current routine, 5 sprints added to your run routine, 5 bites of food left on your plate, be creative if you wish!

Now get out there and drop those pounds. You gave Sarge your WORD!

CourtneyDaisey
03-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Psst...Sarge...I pledged 3 pounds for this week.

JayTee
03-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Sorry Courtney--You and Sarge were posting at the same time this morning but Sarge has since cleaned his ears and added your pledge. Sarge is very proud of your promise to eat in all week!!!!!!

CourtneyDaisey
03-06-2011, 09:06 AM
*salutes* Thank you Sir! :D

rainbowsmiles
03-06-2011, 09:08 AM
GOOOOOOD MORNiNG PLATOOON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c45KgHYJ7M&feature=related

:drill:SARGE WiTH TOO MUCH COFFEE!!
BAHAHAHAHAHA:D

JayTee
03-06-2011, 09:21 AM
RainMILES- You da best! That link must be re-posted every morning! My achy from crunching abs hurt even more from laughing while watching.

ALL MUST WATCH!!!!

Thanks for making Sarge's day!

CourtneyDaisey
03-06-2011, 09:30 AM
GOOOOOOD MORNiNG PLATOOON!

:drill:SARGE WiTH TOO MUCH COFFEE!!
BAHAHAHAHAHA:D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Time to switch to decaf!

JayTee
03-06-2011, 11:26 AM

Updating SARGE'S POUNDS PLEDGED TOTE BOARD for the week (3/6-3/13):

Sarge = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
Dreamer = 2
Rainbow84uk = 2
dcapulet = 2
anni3d = 2
VickieLou = 3
CocoLoco = 3
Cheshire = 1.5
Courtney = 3
Butterfly =
Carosmith =
Sindaena =

New members welcome! How many pounds will you pledge to lose this week?!?!?

MadamButterfly
03-06-2011, 11:44 AM
OMG THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD !!! LITERALLY LAUGHING MY A** OFF . . .

PVT MADAMGOO REPORTING IN: HERE TO PLEDGE MY POUNDS . . . YOU CAN HAVE 'EM CAUSE I DON'T WANT 'EM . . . STARTING WEIGHT THIS WEEK WILL BE 164.4 AND I AM PLEDGING 2.2 POUNDS . . .

CHALLENGE . . . HMMMMMM . . . I THINK ME IS GONNA TRY TO DO 5 1-ARM PUSH UPS . . . OH MY . . . WILL DEFINITELY TRY THESE ON MY DAYS I DON'T DO JM NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES . . .

RAINBOW-MILES; you're are rockin' those workouts girl, running circles around me . . . OH MY, I guess I'm gonna have to crank it up a notch or two . . . it makes me tired just reading your workout . .

WORKOUT FOR TODAY: JM No More Trouble Zones, HR in FAT BURNING ZONE 45 MINUTES, HR above for 3 minutes . . . will try a 1-arm push-up tomorrow . . . oh my . . . . hope I don't fall and smash my face . . . LOLOLOLOL

JayTee: way to rock those crunches . . . you'll be at 100 before you know it . . . WOOHOO!! I definitely need you to kick my BUTT-ER THIS WEEK!!!

OK LADIES . . . HANG ON BECAUSE SARGE IS GONNA START WHIPPING US INTO SHAPE . . . WE CAN DO IT . . . OH AND WATCH OUT FOR THAT CAN OF WUP A** . . .

JayTee
03-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Daily call to arms thanks to Prvt. Rainbow-MILES: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c45KgHYJ7M&feature=related

Sarge = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
Dreamer = 2
Rainbow84uk = 2
dcapulet = 2
anni3d = 2
VickieLou = 3
CocoLoco = 3
Cheshire = 1.5
Courtney = 3
MadamGoo = 2.2
Carosmith =
Sindaena =

MadamGoo--You're already killing Sarge! Workout complete for the day and got to 35 crunches. Will add 5 every day til I match your 400, but holy @$!! --- one arm push-ups!?!? Dayum girl! Raise the bar much?

Resolute
03-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Had a bad day yesterday Sarge, fell off the wagon and had around 1200 calories more than i planned, very upset with myself when i rose this morning, my day of rest has been dropped, laced up my boots and braved the -20 this morning for a 9 K walk, got home and spent 60 more minutes shovelling snow, strangely it's a wonderful day and i'm happy, will just cut back some this evening and i'm right back on track. :)

Where the mind leads the body follows.

MadamButterfly
03-06-2011, 02:16 PM
OH SARGE, DON'T BE TOOO IMPRESSED YET . . . I HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED ONE, BUT PLAN TO PUT A PILLOW UNDER MY FACE/HEAD . . . . LOLOLOL OH YES I DO!!!! AND AS FAR AS THE CRUNCHES, YOU KNOW I DO 100 REGULAR, 100 REVERSE (E.G. KNEES AT 90 DEGREES AND LIFT KNEES/BUTT UP, THEN 100 EACH TO THE LEFT & RIGHT WITH ONE KNEE BENT AND THE OTHER CROSSED WITH THE ANKLE RESTING ON THE KNEE/THIGH, THEN LIFT OPPOSITE ELBOW TOWARDS THE KNEE THAT IS RESTING ON THE BENT KNEE (I HOPE ALL THAT MADE SOME KIND OF SENSE) . . . WHICH MAKES 400, MAYBE TRY 15-20 OF EACH, THEN YOU WILL HAVE EITHER 60 OR 80 . . .

OK SARGE, RAINBOW-MILES AND EVERYONE ELSE, I BOUGHT AN I-POD/MP3 PLAYER AND I NEED SOMEWHERE TO DOWNLOAD SOME GOOD WORKOUT MUSIC . . . . SUGGESTIONS???? I'VE ALREADY LOADED ABOUT 300 SONGS, SOME OF WHICH WILL BE GREAT TO WORKOUT TO . . . BUT I WANT MORE!!! THANKS

RESOLUTE: WOW -20 degrees and 9K . . . YOU ARE A BRAVE WOMAN . . .WTG

rainbowsmiles
03-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Had a bad day yesterday Sarge, fell off the wagon and had around 1200 calories more than i planned, very upset with myself when i rose this morning, my day of rest has been dropped, laced up my boots and braved the -20 this morning for a 9 K walk, got home and spent 60 more minutes shovelling snow, strangely it's a wonderful day and i'm happy, will just cut back some this evening and i'm right back on track. :)

Where the mind leads the body follows.

dang resolute....you are sooooooooooo inspiring!!
a 9k walk? dang! in -20 double dang!!

love the quote...where the mind leads the body follows!!
you're making me feel VERY GUILTY having my rest day today! haha

JayTee
03-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Resolute--Sarge appreciates your confession and ability to rectify on your own. Let me know if you need Sarge to break out the can o'wup @#!!

MadameGoo--WTF??? By the time Sarge diagrammed those crunch instructions he was a pretzel and fell on his @#! Was that your plan?

RainbowMiles--Rest?!? What's that?

Resolute
03-06-2011, 02:36 PM
OH SARGE, DON'T BE TOOO IMPRESSED YET . . . I HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED ONE, BUT PLAN TO PUT A PILLOW UNDER MY FACE/HEAD . . . . LOLOLOL OH YES I DO!!!! AND AS FAR AS THE CRUNCHES, YOU KNOW I DO 100 REGULAR, 100 REVERSE (E.G. KNEES AT 90 DEGREES AND LIFT KNEES/BUTT UP, THEN 100 EACH TO THE LEFT & RIGHT WITH ONE KNEE BENT AND THE OTHER CROSSED WITH THE ANKLE RESTING ON THE KNEE/THIGH, THEN LIFT OPPOSITE ELBOW TOWARDS THE KNEE THAT IS RESTING ON THE BENT KNEE (I HOPE ALL THAT MADE SOME KIND OF SENSE) . . . WHICH MAKES 400, MAYBE TRY 15-20 OF EACH, THEN YOU WILL HAVE EITHER 60 OR 80 . . .

OK SARGE, RAINBOW-MILES AND EVERYONE ELSE, I BOUGHT AN I-POD/MP3 PLAYER AND I NEED SOMEWHERE TO DOWNLOAD SOME GOOD WORKOUT MUSIC . . . . SUGGESTIONS???? I'VE ALREADY LOADED ABOUT 300 SONGS, SOME OF WHICH WILL BE GREAT TO WORKOUT TO . . . BUT I WANT MORE!!! THANKS

RESOLUTE: WOW -20 degrees and 9K . . . YOU ARE A BRAVE WOMAN . . .WTGThanks although i'm a man. :p

dang resolute....you are sooooooooooo inspiring!!
a 9k walk? dang! in -20 double dang!!

love the quote...where the mind leads the body follows!!
you're making me feel VERY GUILTY having my rest day today! haha

Don't you feel bad, i've read your workouts and you are crazy determined, i get a lot of inspiration from you girls, today was my day but i blew it and have to pay the piper.

I try not to go so hard i hurt myself, you need to keep that in mind as well, if we hurt ourselves we cripple a fantastic weapon against fat. Just wish winter would bugger off, i keep fearing a bad fall on ice debilitating me from my daily walks.

Resolute--Sarge appreciates your confession and ability to rectify on your own. Let me know if you need Sarge to break out the can o'wup @#!!

Thanks Sarge, when in doubt tell the truth, i will redouble my efforts, i won't let you down. ;)

rainbowsmiles
03-06-2011, 02:42 PM
RESOLUTE: WOW -20 degrees and 9K . . . YOU ARE A BRAVE WOMAN . . .WTG

hey madam....resolute is a guy! woohoo!! he's gonna keep us in line with sarge!!

Want2beafish
03-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Yes sir sarge! I just joined 3fc today and I think it will be good to start off here :) I would like to lose 2 pounds this week

JayTee
03-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Excellent Prvt. Fish. Welcome! How many pounds you wanna pledge to Sarge that YOU WILL drop this week come **** or high water?!?!?! Huh? Sarge can't hear you!!!

Resolute--a man! Most excellent!!!!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Yes sir sarge! I just joined 3fc today and I think it will be good to start off here :)

:welcome: FiSH!! you've picked a GREAT place to jump in!!
But be warned...Sarge won't take any CARP...ummm CRAP!!! hahaha

JayTee
03-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Daily call to arms thanks to Prvt. Rainbow-MILES: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c45K...eature=related

Sarge = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
Dreamer = 2
Rainbow84uk = 2
dcapulet = 2
anni3d = 2
VickieLou = 3
CocoLoco = 3
Cheshire = 1.5
Courtney = 3
MadamGoo = 2.2
Carosmith = 2
Sindaena = 1.5
WannaBFish = 2
Linkypie = 3

LINKYPIE2011
03-06-2011, 03:19 PM
yes sir sarge - I want in!

Pledge is 3lbs.....

JayTee
03-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Welcome Linky! Nice pledge -- now get in the gym!

SMSDREAMER2007
03-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Sarge, sir..this is pvt. dreamer reporting in. Mission melt BUTT-ER for 3/6 is complete sir. Walked/ran for 40 mins today sir!

carosmith14
03-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Alright I'm here to post... Not a minute too late. Sarge...about my run last Thursday... ran 2.68 miles in 26 minutes. Not too shabby, eh? My plan is to get to 25 minutes next go around.

My plan for this week... 2 pounds. Got a wedding coming up in May...gotta get that dress down! So... by next Sunday I should weigh 152 when I weigh myself early in the morning :)

HAPPY WORKING OUT/EATING GREAT THIS WEEK EVERYBODY!

carosmith14
03-06-2011, 08:07 PM
To all those pledges that have 3-5 lbs./week... if you succeed this week (and i hope you do!!)....can you tell me/us EXACTLY what you did(workout)/ate over the week? Keep a log and share next Sunday! It'll be so helpful for a ton of us!

Thanks so much, and I truly wish you the best!

VickieLou
03-06-2011, 08:20 PM
welcome vickielou!!!
SARGE CAN BEAT THE LOU OUTTA YOU!!
SARGE WILL GET YOU INTO ONEDERLAND...
IF ANY ONE CAN SARGE CAN!!

soooo glad you came to join this challenge!!
THIS IS OUR YEAR!!

BOOOYAH!!!!

Thanks Rainbowsmiles between the platoon and Sarge I should be in shipshape in know time! :) Good Luck, Platoon!

VickieLou
03-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Sarge my SW: 224.2 for 3/6 and GW: 221.2 ( -3 LBS) for 3/13. I went to the gym and did 30 minutes of cardio and 3 x 20 on the physioball. I went grocery shopping at a large store and pushed my cart full of healthy food for at least an hour. I plan on doing more cardio this week. I work out with a trainer 2x a week and 1x by myself with weights. Plus Cardio 5 to 6 times a week. This is the 1st weekend in a month were I counted calories and stayed in my range of 1200 - 1800 calories for a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Let's melt some butt-er! :moo:

JayTee
03-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Gotcha Carosmith--added your pledge above! Run time---most un-shabby!

Prvt. Dreamer! Exercise - check! Nice!

Prvt. Lou- Exercise - check! Mess hall full of healthy -- check!

This week the platoon has promised to lose a total of 40.3 pounds, just over 160 sticks of butt-er!

Good luck all, and remember, NO EXCUSES!!!! Sarge wants to see a big smile on each pledgee's face when they meet their goal for the week!

JayTee
03-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Caro--I've been averaging between 2.5 to 4 lbs. loss per week since 1/1. My own plan is simple -- calories consumed vs. calories expended. I do cardio machines mostly... treadmills, stairclimbers, bikes, ellipticals...basically any machine which allows you to enter your body weight and tells you how many calories you expended during your workout. Some of the platoon post their workouts on another site. Here's my post from this past week. I figure Sarge should put up or shut up. The calories consumed will look low, but I swear, I'm full 95% of the time (at least since two weeks into the new year--the first two weeks I ate more while resetting my metabolism from absolute couch potato to something that could be considered alive).

Monday- 2ml stroll+50 min. stairmaster=1247 burned vs. (700 consumed)
Tuesday-3mls+50 min stairmaster+weights = 1304 vs. ( 900 consumed)
Wednesday-5K run+3.5 walk+20min stairmaster+weights = 1124 vs. ( 975 consumed)
Thursday- 4mls tread+40 min stairmaster+weights = 1310 vs. ( 900 consumed)
Friday- 5K tread+ 50 min level 10 stairmaster = 1374 vs. ( 1155 consumed)
Saturday- 10K run (80:55) + weights + 30 crunches = 1037 vs. (1385 consumed)
Sunday- Easy day/20 min stairmaster + 10min tread + 35 crunches = 475 vs. (1100 consumed)

Calories Burned: 7,871
Calories Consumed: 7155

Also, the pounds really started falling off when I started to drink AT LEAST 80 ounces of WATER per day.

Anyways, this is what works for me. Hope it helps.

drinkypants
03-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Prvt. Loco checking in Sarge! I did my 60 minutes w/ 10 minutes of jogging.. when I felt like walking the rest of the time, I thought of you and pushed myself to complete the 10! Then I did 5 minutes on the exercise bike for my 5:D

We have some big goals this week, but I know with Sarges "butt-er" kicking we can do it!

Cheshirecat
03-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Rise and shine, rise and shine!
It's time to get this day started!

Breakfast-whole wheat english muffin and a clementine.
One serving of fruit down! (I'm trying to eat my fruits and veggies)

It's run day for me after work. Plus an extra 5 for the Sarge!

I will melt this butt-er!

rainbowsmiles
03-07-2011, 07:39 AM
:wave:GOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNiNG PLATOON!!!
GET UP AND GET YOUR
BUTT-S IN GEAR
B4 SARGE GETS HERE!!! :drill:
:rofl:
HAHAHA
off to the gym bbl to report in SiR!!
i won't forget my extra high 5's today SiR!!

CourtneyDaisey
03-07-2011, 07:51 AM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!

Some jerk from work took my lunch that I put in the fridge on Friday! :( I had some homemade lentil soup in a reusable container in a bright yellow plastic bag. I came in this morning and it's eff-ing gone! Jerks. :mad: Fortunately, I have enough stuff at my desk to tide me over without having to go out and get something to eat. I have a large container of oatmeal at my desk, two oranges, 1 banana, and 1 apple. I'll be fine even without my yummy soup.

After work I'll be finding the time to get in some workout! I won't be able to do the gym tonight but should be able to walk with the husband, kid, and dog.

Have a great day everyone!

Resolute
03-07-2011, 08:16 AM
I would rage if someone stole my food... LOL. Look at it as a good omen starting of this weeks drive.

Probably part of my problem, just try and think of it as some skinny person that really needs it, heres to a great day !

JayTee
03-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Courtney---Sarge stole your food! Duh!

As a matter of fact, with the first full day of MISSION BUTT-er MELT on us Sarge cleaned out the platoon barracks, mess hall, lockers, anywhere food could be hidden.

http://www.orizzontikubrickiani.it/images/hartman.jpg

Sarge is checking for crumbs under your fingernails too!

Resolute--Love the attitude...a skinny person who needs it stole the food! lol

Cheshire, Loco & Rainbow -- Up & at 'em already! Sarge is gonna have to set the bugle alarm earlier tomorrow. Love the high-five/extra fives!

STEP LIVELY PLATOON!

MadamButterfly
03-07-2011, 09:21 AM
RESOLUTE . . . OH MY GOODNESS, I AM SOOOO SORRY

MADAMBUTTERFLYGOO <---------------- :o (feeling a bit stupid and very embarassed, oh my) I, um, well, I didn't know you were a guy . . . oh my, sorry . . .

OK, I STILL NEED SOME IDEAS FOR ROCKIN' MUSIC FOR MY I-POD/MP3 PLAYER (OH WHATEVER IT IS, IT PLAYS MUSIC IN MY EARS SO I CAN MELT THE BUTT-ER), OR SOMEWHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THE MUSIC, FOR FREE IS BEST . . . :lol3:

JAYTEE: DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE YOU A PRETZEL, BUT :rofl: THINKING ABOUT IT THOUGH . . .
I'LL TRY AGAIN . . .
1. Do 100 regular crunches
2. Do 100 reverse crunces (knees at 90 degrees, lifting butt up & down)
3. Do 100 cruches to the right, (with right leg resting on bent left leg)
4. Do 100 crunches to the left (with left leg resting on bent right leg)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Carosmith: wow . . . I want to start running, if it ever quits snowing . . . <sigh> planning on doing C25K . . .

Cheshirecat: I LOVE FRUIT . . . and I make a protein shake after I workout with a banana and some applesauce . . . (that's always two fruits and when I have my breakfast I have been cutting up and orange . . . mmmmmm, mmmmmm good)

OK, I'M OFF TO GET MY WORKOUT IN, (ME THINKS ME HEARS THE SARGE COMIN') AND I'M GONNA GET MY PILLOW, PUT IT ON THE FLOOR, POSITION MY HEAD OVER IT AND TRY A ONE-ARMED PUSH-UP . . . LOLOLOL . . . OH I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M GONNA TRY THIS . . . THEN IT'S A SNOW SHOVELING DAY TODAY . . . <sigh> AGAIN . ..

JayTee
03-07-2011, 09:46 AM
MadameGoo--What Sarge LOVES about having Resolute, a GUY, join us is that should just about put an end to any of the sniveling excuses SARGE has to read about "feminine" problems getting in the way of SUCCESS!!!!! I'm betting we don't even have to keep our minds out of the gutter on hump day! LOL!

Gosh darn, Sarge loves the internet and meeting so many new, fascinating people!

Off to the gym!

p.s. free download music? I usually have my kids download my fav songs from Itunes (cause I don't know how) but I looked around this morning and found this:
http://www.djsteveboy.com/podrunner.html

anni3d
03-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Gooooooooooooddddd mooooorrrining platoon!

Checking in from WA @ 6:50 AM
() oatmeal w/flax - check.
() 8 oz. water - check.
() 1 cup coffee - check.

Gym bound now - check.

Kick butt ladies & gents today. It's a new day.:carrot:

Want2beafish
03-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Good morning all! Just got back from a walk/run up the street and around the corner and back. Good way to start the day my lungs feel open and ready gonna do some cardio in a bit and I'll run/walk again tonight ( new to the running, I'll work my way to longer amounts) :) and of course healthy food choices through out the day. Hope you all have a wonderful kick butt-er day!!!

MadamButterfly
03-07-2011, 11:55 AM
SARGE, I'M BACK AND REPORTING IN:

Kathy Smith's cardio workout "AEROBOX': WITH MICHAEL OLAJIDE,(he's a boxer) CAN YOU SAY HOLY SMOKIN' JUMP ROPE SARGE . . . AND 400 CRUNCHES, & SNOW SHOVELING . . . HR AT A BUTT-ER BURNING BEAT FOR 78 MINUTES . . . (I'M GONNA GIVE YOU THAT 2.2 POUNDS THAT I PROMISED . . .

1-ARM PUSH-UP UPDATE: I put my pillow under my face . . . (yea, I'm just a little crazy) assumed the position and tried. I could only go down about 1/2 way, but I did 3, rested and did 2 more . . . AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO CALL 911 . . . LOLOLOL, glad I didn't videotape it . . . I'm sure it wasn't pretty, will continue to try these each day . . . (but the pillow WILL be in place EVERY DAY!!

JayTee: Thanks for the link . . . will be searching for tunes to run/jog to as I plan to do the C25K when the weather is not so snowy . . . I envy ALL YOU RUNNERS . . . SO IMPRESSIVE!!! Thanks for the link . . .

Courtney . . . sorry someone took your soup . . . I LOVE SOUP . . . GREAT JOB WITH THE BACK-UP PLAN . . . I hate when people do that . . . if they don't have food or whatever, I will always gladly share what I have or let them have whatever I don't want . . . I always bring extra as I NEVER know exactly what I'm going to feel like eating . . .

VickiLou: :welcome: and hang on 'cause we're gonna MELT YOUR BUTT-ER . . . LOLOLOL

rainbowsmiles
03-07-2011, 12:05 PM
:rain:PVT RAiN MiLES REPORTiNG iN SiR! :drill:

breakfast: 2 baked coconut french toast with 1 tbsp maple syrup, topped with 1/2 banana, 5 grams black walnuts and dash coconut flakes, 1 orange pineapple mango with pina colada protein smoothie

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5092/5506786082_4aa94942f0.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5506786082/)

exercise bike: 33 mins, interval training #7, resistence 4-8, distance 7.5 miles...HiGH .5 extra miles!!

bench free weight training: curls, bench press, fly, bicep curls, tricep curls while on back on bench, using 15 lb weight per hand, 3 sets of 10 reps each.

in sarges honor: HiGH 5 tricep dips ( i loathe these )

zumba: 30 mins

swimming: swam 1 mile, 1/2 mile strokes, 1/2 mile kick board, plus HiGH 5 extra laps for a total of 77 laps!!!!! 1 hr. 15 mins.

after gym lift: 10 almonds on way home from gym

now off to the showers and a healthy lunch....this pvt is beat!

JayTee
03-07-2011, 01:38 PM
MONDAY ROLL CALL!!!

Get a *for every task completed.

Exercise complete = *
Extra High Five complete = *
Eating on plan ALL DAY! = *

Sarge * * *
RainMILES * * *
Peanutt
Dreamer * * *
RainbowUK
dcapulet * *
resolute * * *
anni3d *
VickieLou
CocoLoco
Cheshire * * *
Courtney
MadamGoo * *
Carosmith
WannaBFish * *
Linkypie
Sindaena * * *

RainbowMILES - Excellent work Prvt., but the food porn made Sarge really, really hungry...lol That looks delish! The bench dips is something I added too! LOATHE is right!

GooMaster--Sarge admires the recent fat burning heart rate references and efforts. I have no doubt you're gonna kick butt-ered butt this week. If someone steals your pillow, like Courntey's soup, send out an SOS...we'll dispatch the medic wagon.

It's gonna be awesome when so many of the platoon break down new and plateau walls this week!

Carry on and report in! This platoon pledged a 41.8 pound loss this week!!!!! That's a lot of butt-er!

Sindaena
03-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi! Sorry I didn't get on to make a pledge yesterday. I was away all weekend managing two kids meets (1 three hours away) on saturday and then driving back vis Mt St Helen's yesterday. I was pretty good with my eating though, at maintenance cals on saturday once I logged everything, and at my usual deficit again yesterday.

I have 5 pages of thread yet to catch up, but I wanted to post in my late pledge: 1.5 pounds for the week. ...and I hit the gym this morning for weight training and plan to run this evening. :)

JayTee
03-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey Sind--No problems. Sarge happily accepts pledges at any time!!! I'll check you in!

rainbowsmiles
03-07-2011, 04:00 PM
GOOOOOOOD AFTERNOON PLATOON!!!

DON'T LET THE AFTERNOON LULL ZAP YOUR ENERGY!!

EAT A HEALTHY AFTERNOON LiFT!!

LiFT YOUR MOOD!! LiFT YOUR SPiRiTS!!

Sarge...oooh i love the STARS!!!! SO GLAD WE HAVE A STAR SARGE!! :drill:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5135/5506770229_3b809f0d63.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5506770229/)

SMSDREAMER2007
03-07-2011, 04:30 PM
SAARRRGEEEE!!!!! I went shopping today got lots of veggies, some fish and other stuff allllllll healthy. Breakfast was a piece of wheat toast then I had a snack of walnuts Followed by a lunch of a cobb salad! Don't forget sarge, I didn't forget exercise! I ran/walked/bodyweight trained for 90 mins today! I feeeeeellll GRREEEEAATTT!!!! Good luck platoon!!!! we can do itt!!!!!!!!

JayTee
03-07-2011, 04:40 PM
RainMILES--Thanks for the thanks and big shiny big medal, but not necessary! Sarge will pin a bigger medal on you WHEN you hit that big pledge you made this week which I know you're gonna do!

Dreamer -- Roll call updated! Excellent work private and yes, in fact, sticking to something feels great, doesn't it! I gave you your third star for today because I'm convinced your eating will be what you want it to be ALL DAY!

The Mess Hall is calling for dinner prep. Sarge out...

dcapulet
03-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Good afternoon all!

Sarge, here to report 50 minutes of cardio yesterday. This morning, 55 minutes of cardio and weights after my exam. My "5" is five bites left on my lunch plate.

JayTee
03-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Excellent work dcap! High 5 on your "5"! Love IT!

JayTee
03-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Sarge done for day! 1,400 calories expended in 4ml. walk+stairmaster+40 (up from 35) grueling crunches vs. 1285 calories consumed in delish, on target consumption!

:drill: happy!

Cheshirecat
03-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Reporting in Sarge!

One serving a fruit (strawberries) and veggie (carrots) at lunch and then some broccoli with dinner. Plus the clementine from this morning.
4 servings today!

I tried to eat some applesauce for a snack but, alas I just was not into it!
But I loved your idea MadamButterfly--applesauce in my smoothie. Now that I could probably get with!

3 mile run after work done. I kicked it up a notch just for you Sarge! Even the husband commented that I had a little more 'umph' today.

I still owe my extra 5--I'll be doing some leg exercise to help my hip flexors and hamstrings once dinner settles down in my stomach!

Resolute
03-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Resolute--Love the attitude...a skinny person who needs it stole the food! lol

STEP LIVELY PLATOON!

LOL... I wrote that in a hurry as i was leaving this morning, to read it now it seems all discombobulated or something. :D

Anyways pretty average effort today from me, sadly nothing special, i'm pretty much maxed out as far as time in a day goes, still laced up my boots and did my walk when i came home from work, now i'm left with around 2 to 3 hours to eat, clean up, shower and relax, then do it all over again tomorrow.

Life is good though. :)

RESOLUTE . . . OH MY GOODNESS, I AM SOOOO SORRY

MADAMBUTTERFLYGOO <---------------- :o (feeling a bit stupid and very embarassed, oh my) I, um, well, I didn't know you were a guy . . . oh my, sorry . . .

OK, I STILL NEED SOME IDEAS FOR ROCKIN' MUSIC FOR MY I-POD/MP3 PLAYER (OH WHATEVER IT IS, IT PLAYS MUSIC IN MY EARS SO I CAN MELT THE BUTT-ER), OR SOMEWHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THE MUSIC, FOR FREE IS BEST . . . :lol3:

JAYTEE: DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE YOU A PRETZEL, BUT :rofl: THINKING ABOUT IT THOUGH . . .
I'LL TRY AGAIN . . .
1. Do 100 regular crunches
2. Do 100 reverse crunces (knees at 90 degrees, lifting butt up & down)
3. Do 100 cruches to the right, (with right leg resting on bent left leg)
4. Do 100 crunches to the left (with left leg resting on bent right leg)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Carosmith: wow . . . I want to start running, if it ever quits snowing . . . <sigh> planning on doing C25K . . .

Cheshirecat: I LOVE FRUIT . . . and I make a protein shake after I workout with a banana and some applesauce . . . (that's always two fruits and when I have my breakfast I have been cutting up and orange . . . mmmmmm, mmmmmm good)

OK, I'M OFF TO GET MY WORKOUT IN, (ME THINKS ME HEARS THE SARGE COMIN') AND I'M GONNA GET MY PILLOW, PUT IT ON THE FLOOR, POSITION MY HEAD OVER IT AND TRY A ONE-ARMED PUSH-UP . . . LOLOLOL . . . OH I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M GONNA TRY THIS . . . THEN IT'S A SNOW SHOVELING DAY TODAY . . . <sigh> AGAIN . ..

Aww shucks, don't feel bad :hug: honest mistake, there are hardly any guys smart enough to join in with you troopers , you girls light the way.

As far as music goes i am pretty stuck in my older 80's and 90's tunes myself, typically i choose songs that mean something to me, what i mean is they can be inspirational with the words on a personal level although it doesn't hurt if they have a strong driving beat either.

rainbowsmiles
03-07-2011, 08:55 PM
hey squad!!! i am so loving this thread!!

so much drive and determination coming off these pages!!

i am so in awe of the running and all the throw down challenges!!

wow!! thanks to everyone participating!!

:drill: sarge....you REALLY know how to drive a squad to become their best!!

dcap....love the HiGH 5 BITES LEFT!! way to go!!

dreamer...i love your posts!! they SCREAM DETERMINATION!! love it!

sindaena...omg all that driving!! way to go gf!! did you get that ru in tonight??
keep up the fantabulous work!!

peanutt...hows your day been???

madambutterfly...OMG 1 ARM PUSHUPS!! holymoly...i can only do 2 regular 2 arm pushups!! i salute you private!! cheers!!

courtney....did you eat your greens today...hmmm wheres that green with envy challenge for the platoon huh????

COCOLOCO....hot chica...where are you??? how was your day?? did you get your sweat on?? whats your HiGH 5'S???

WANT2BEAFISH....did you get your running done thie evening?? i have heard others talk about C25K...running training .... that gets you from couch to a 5K....have you heard about it??

ANNI3D...good evening....how was your day?? about your flax...do you just add it in the little grains or grind it?? you inspired me to buy some flax...but not sure what to do with it!! haha

RESOLUTE....hows the man of the squad today???? come on now....keep us on our toes!!

CHESHIRECAT...how was your day?? omg...i know you busted some BUTT-ER today!! love your energy!! cant wait to read about it!

LINKYPIE...where are you?? don't think you can come pledge and not report in private!! get it in gear soldier!! tell us what you did today??

carosmith...i posted a pic of breakfast just for you!! i will keep my journal all week!! now whats on your menu??

VICKIELOU...how are you??? what did you do today to get stronger soldier???

RainbowUK...where is your motivation you spoke of huh??? did you go to the gym like you said??? report back!! we want to know!!

OK SQUAD...EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT EVENING...THIS PRIVATE IS HEADING TO THE BED EARLY...IF I KNOW SARGE...THAT BUGLE IS GONNA BLOW EARLY!!
NIGHT SQUAD!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-07-2011, 08:56 PM
CHESHIRE AND RESOLUTE...woohooo thanks for the updates...i guess i was posting at about the same time!!

rainbowsmiles
03-07-2011, 09:01 PM
:drill: sarge...i almost forgot....lunch...homemade chicken cannellini and broccoli soup, cottage pimento cheese and flatbreads, 7.5 oz gingerale, afternoon lift: green tea, 10 grapes and 2 oz turkey, dinner: steamed rice with mixed veggies, peppers, snap peas, grilled chicken, broccoli, pineapple, green tea, ice water: 76 oz today. how the heck you drink 80 plus oz!! i felt like a slooosh all day! haha permission to hit the latrine!! evening lift...coffee and a digestive biscuit!

Sindaena
03-07-2011, 09:38 PM
[SIZE="4"]
sindaena...omg all that driving!! way to go gf!! did you get that ru in tonight??
keep up the fantabulous work!!

Thank RainMILES. :) I did get my run in this evening and even threw in some pushups while stretching and then I hit the gym hot tub for a few minutes of blissful relaxation before picking my daughter up from her gymnastics. I have one more kid pickup and dinner yet to go before I'm done with the day. Looks like the folks in earlier timezones have had a great day! I'll be sure to finish off on plan as well.

:carrot:

JayTee
03-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Update: Great first day so far!!!!

MONDAY ROLL CALL!!!

Get a *for every task completed.

Exercise complete = *
Extra High Five complete = *
Eating on plan ALL DAY! = *

Sarge * * *
RainMILES * * *
Peanutt
Dreamer * * *
RainbowUK
dcapulet * *
resolute * * *
anni3d *
VickieLou
CocoLoco * * *
Cheshire * * *
Courtney
MadamGoo * *
Carosmith
WannaBFish * * *
Linkypie
Sindaena * * *

Carry on and report in! This platoon pledged a 41.8 pound loss this week!!!!! That's a lot of butt-er!

rainbowsmiles
03-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Thank RainMILES. :) then I hit the gym hot tub for a few minutes of blissful relaxation

ooooo sindaena....a hot tub.....ooooo drool....so envious!!! Ahhhhhh soak some extra for me please!! :D

Want2beafish
03-08-2011, 01:07 AM
Today was a good day I ate healthy and kept my cals low and I finished my exercises and I ran up the stairs 5 times instead of just walking :)

Oh and to rainbowsmiles I didn't know what c25k was until you mentioned it to me and I looked it up and got the app!!! Thanks I'm gonna start doing that!!!!

Ps. Sorry if this is way late it's 10 where I am...

drinkypants
03-08-2011, 02:05 AM
Private Loco reporting (late)

Exercise complete = Yes! I did 65 minutes on the treadmill including my 10 minutes of jogging, I am worn out!
Extra High Five complete = Yes! I hopped on the elliptical for 5 minutes before I left the gym, thinking of you Sarge!
Eating on plan ALL DAY! = Yes! 1,260 calories (my goal is to stay under 1300)

RainbowMILES that french toast looks sooooooo delicious, it makes me wish I wasn't watching my carbs lol

MadamButt-erfly - congrats on the one arm push ups, that's amazing!

It's great to see everybody doing so awesome!

CourtneyDaisey
03-08-2011, 07:24 AM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!!

Rise and shine! It's another beautiful day at Sarge's Boot Camp! And by beautiful, I mean another day of working your butt-er off! :drill: :woops: :woops: :woops:

Yesterday ended up being my rest day for the week. I have a nasty head cold. I am so sick of my sinus issues honestly! :mad: Why me? (God replies..."Because you p!$$ed me off!") :rofl: My dad said that to me once when I asked, "Why me" and it cracked me up. Hahahaha! I ended up going to bed at 8:30PM last night and slept like a rock. Today I am feeling much better! My nose is still running but the chest cold crap seems to be breaking up. Yay!

Because I took yesterday as a rest day, today I am putting in double duty in the gym! Yes sir, Sarge! I have my gym bag under my desk at work! I came to work with my hair pulled back. About ten minutes before I am done today I'll be changing into my gym clothes and leaving right at 4:30 to get my butt-er to the gym! I am hitting that treadmill HARD this afternoon! I am going to... :eek: ... RUN on it! For as long as I can! Then I'll walk to catch my breath...and RUN again!!!!! I will only have about 30-45 minutes to be at the gym tonight but I plan on making the most of them!

I brought soup for lunch today. I plan on putting a note on it that says "Keep your mitts off my lunch!" :p If someone touches my lunch today...I might just start my workout at the office with them as the punching bag. :devil: Hee hee!

I'm not going to let this stupid cold be an excuse! I WILL work my butt-er off tonight at the gym!!!!! WOOT!

Pvt. Rain is right! We should bring the Green With Envy Challenge to this group too! For those who aren't familiar with it, every day make sure to eat something green. Sorry, green icing and green beer don't count. :p So, eat something green today folks!!!! I'll be having my greens with dinner tonight. I think I'm just going to do a large salad after the gym. Breakfast today will be oatmeal with my Silk soy French Vanilla creamer in it. I have an orange on my desk for a snack. Lunch will be my lentil soup (barring any office b@stards who might steal it). And dinner will be a big salad! I've already had 32 oz. of water today! :cheer: Drink that water folks!!!! EDITED: We apparently have Granny Smith apples in the break room today! I'll have one of those with my oatmeal! Yum!

I'm off to actually do some work now. :D I'll check in later!

Cheshirecat
03-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Good Morning!!

I love coming on this thread and reading how much butt-er we are all knocking out!

And yes, I so echo C. Loco, Butterfly on the one arm push ups! You are really putting it all out there!

Oh, Sindaena-the hot tub sounds wonderful. That was one of my favorite things about the gym I use to go to--getting to hit the sauna after a workout.

Well, I'm up and ready for the day. One bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios with 1/2 cup of milk and a serving a grapes.

I suppose to do a walk/run with my co-workers after work but we'll see how the weather turns (rain is forecasted). Then it's home for some Wii Just Dance and some weight, push ups, sits ups and all sorts of fun things.

And can I just say... 4 days until Spring Break!! (I'm a teacher, who needs her break!)

JayTee
03-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Morning Prvts. Cheshire & Courtney! Courtney, Sarge is gonna hold you to your words...unplanned rest day = double duty in gym tonight otherwise it's starting to sound like an excuse to Sarge! Get mad at me now, you'll thank Sarge later! And maybe we'll run Green w/Envy challenge next week for St. Pat's day.

Prvts. Loco & Fish -- Don't worry about "late" reports... Sarge only really cares if you meet your pledge for the week because that makes the entire platoon happy!

If the platoon falls short of our goal WE WILL have our computers taken away for a day, run sprints for an hour in freezing rain while dodging bullets, and belly crawl thru mud under barbed-wire!

JayTee
03-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Today is FAT TUESDAY or Paczki Day (pronounced Poon-ch-kee=polish jelly filled donout) but this platoon will not cave! Why?!?

Because those are "PPPPPPledge PPPPPPins" you're wearing, Privates!

http://bp3.blogger.com/_FdEdvFQfwAU/R_qsuez6dkI/AAAAAAAADG8/2IrYd5oEQd0/s320/neidermeyer2+mark+metcalf.jpg

After you wipe the spit out of your eye name the movie reference if you're as old as Sarge and then HIT THE GYM!!!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-08-2011, 09:25 AM
goooooooooood morning squad!!

:drill: TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA!! :D

oatmeal and banana and granny smith apple: check
offgymday exercise bike 30 mins: check
offgymday free weights 20 mins: check
offgymdaywalk: to come later :D

everyone have a GREAT day!!
KEEP TELLING YOURSELF
THIS IS MY YEAR!!!;)

JayTee
03-08-2011, 12:18 PM
WHERE'S THE CHATTER PLATOON?!?!?!?! SLEEPING IN???? YOU'RE FORCING ME TO REPOST ANOTHER ROUND OF:

That still makes me laugh RainbowM! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Sarge is done with round 1 for the day including MadameB crunches up to 50 (oh, lard ... sorry, I meant oh lord, I'm beginning to despise you!)

MadamButterfly
03-08-2011, 12:30 PM
HAPPY FAT TUESDAY!!

SARGE, NO WORRIES ABOUT CAVING . . . ATE HEALTHY ALL DAY YESTERDAY WITH PLENTY OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES . . . NO JELLY FILLED DONUTS IN SIGHT . . .

Cheshirecat; spring break . . . I bet Sarge hopes you have extra workouts planned . . . LOLOL

Sindea; I'm soooo jealous . . . HOT TUB . . . maybe I'm coming to the gym with you . . . but just to soak in the HOT TUB . . . <ahhhhhhhhhhhh> feels so good . . .

Wan2beafish; running upstairs . . . work those quads and gluts . . . OH MY

Resolute; sometimes time is against us, just try to work as hard as you can with the time you have . . . Sarge will stand for nothing less. As far as the music . . . I think I'll have to find music that "MOVES" me LOLOLOLOL

SARGE; Reporting in: Yesterday, ate healthy all day, tons of H2O . . . loaded some music in my ipod. Today eating well so far, increasing the veggies with veggie soup <mmmmm, mmmmmmm good> JM No More Trouble Zones - DONE, along with 5 1-arm push-ups (still only going 1/2 way down, but I did all 5 at the same time today . . . OH MY . . . will continue to go down farther each day . . . No work today so a second workout this evening . . . OK, off to the store for some yogurt, veggies and other "Good for you foods"

LADIES & GENT; HAVE A GREAT DAY, DRINK YOUR H2O, EAT LOTS OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES AND MELT YOUR BUTT-ER!!!

EDIT: SARGE YOU CRACK ME UP, we must have been posting at the same time . . .

QUOTE: Sarge is done with round 1 for the day including MadameB crunches up to 50 (oh, lard ... sorry, I meant oh lord, I'm beginning to despise you!)

IF YOU THINK THE CRUNCHES ARE BAAAAAAD, YOU OUGHT TO DO THE AB WORKOUT IN JM's NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES . . . LOLOLOL . . . I THINK IT'S WORSE THAN THE CRUNCHES, THATS WHY I DON'T DO CRUNCHES ON THE DAYS I DO THAT WORKOUT . . . :rofl:

CourtneyDaisey
03-08-2011, 12:54 PM
ANIMAL HOUSE!!!!!! :rofl: I love that movie!!!!!

Sarge, I am just now going on lunch break...and as double duty I am hitting the gym AT WORK while on lunch! I ate while still clocked in so right now I have about 40 minutes left that I can walk on the treadmill upstairs! Going there RIGHT NOW SIR!!!!

:tread:

CourtneyDaisey
03-08-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm back from the :tread: upstairs Sarge! I put in 30 minutes of walking and jogging. I wasn't initially going to jog since I knew I'd be sweating and would have to go back to my desk afterwards but I decided to anyway. If my co-workers smell me, then they smell me. Note to self: Go buy some body spray tonight and stick it on your desk just in case! ;) The whole time on that treadmill I kept repeating "No Excuses" to myself to get me to keep on going! Even when I wanted to sit down...that's when I'd crank the speed up from 3.0 to 4.0 and jog! I was melting some butt-er all during my lunch! WOOT!!!!

So there's my warmup for the main gym tonight, SIR! *salutes*

SMSDREAMER2007
03-08-2011, 01:40 PM
GOOOOOOOODDDDDDD MOOOOOORRNNNIIINNGGG FELLOOW PVTS! and of course sarge :p

Cheshire cat: Sorry you have to wait for spring break so long! ours is in 2 week the 21st-25th but the kids have next friday off too *whimps* lol

SIndea*runs to your hot tub in jealousy* Hiya! lol wish we had one!

wan2be: running? upstairs? *faints* DOOO ITTT!! your awesome!

Resolute: Hey, dont wseat it! we all get in a time crunch sometimes! just make the best of it and doooo iiitttt sarge cares about how hard you work out...not how long!

rainbowsmiles: thanks for that! glad it shows! im tired of being fat! BAH!

Sarge, pvt dreamer reporting in! I had a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast with 32 oz of water and 16 oz of peppermint tea! Then ran/walked for 60 mins! WOOT WOOT!

Come on fellow platoon members ! We can do this! lets melt that butt-er!!!!

Sindaena
03-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Good Morning! (Well, ok, almost afternoon even in my time zone...)

I completed my early morning workout as planned - cardio T/TH, weight training M/W/F. This evening I plan to catch the adult class at Tae Kwon Do with my kids. Which means no more hot tub until tomorrow after running. ;)

I'm not a breakfast eater, so my first up planned meal of the day will be lunch in about a half hour.

Have a great day everyone!

JayTee
03-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Sarge just got back from errands and while he'll address the rest of the platoon later, he's got to comment on...

COURTNEY!!!! SARGE LOVES THE SMELL OF SUCCESS!!!! SARGE SALUTES YOUR LUNCH TIME WORKOUT!!!!!! YOU MAKE SARGE WANT TO CRY TEARS OF JOY!

MadamButterfly
03-08-2011, 02:46 PM
ANIMAL HOUSE . . .

COURTNEY, COURTNEY, COURTNEY . . . THANK U, THANK U, THANK U . . . I KNEW THE SCENE BUT COULD NOT FIGURE OUT THE MOVIE . . . IT WAS DRIVING ME NUTS!! OH AND WAY TO MELT THE BUTT-ER ON THE TREADMILL . . . AND AS A WARM UP . . . OH MY

OK, I'm back from the store with yogurt, lettuce, bananas, mangos, baby carrots . . . and I decided to try a new Hummus . . .Spicy Three pepper hummus . . . . OH IT IS SOOOOOO GOOD, that and a handful of bagel chips (toasted garlic) were my snack before lunch . . . <yea, I'm a little behind time wise> will definitely have this for an occasional snack . . . oh and with baby carrots will be sooooo good . . .

OK, off to do laundry, a bit of cleaning AND THEN it should be time for my 2nd workout . . . then tonight I think a nice hot soak in the tub (not the hot tub) <sniffle> but me thinks me muscles need a little TLC . . .

drinkypants
03-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Sarge, Sir, Private Loco checking in on MELT Fat Tuesday!
Today I am going to the gym with my husband when he gets home from work... He only likes to stay for 40 minutes... so for my 5 today I am going to get him to workout an extra 5 with me! hehe We wont leave that gym until 45 minutes of working out has passed!

Nice job on the lunch workout Courtney!

RainbowMILES - You sure don't rest on "NoGymDays" do you? lol

Dreamer - You motivated me to get more water in! Thanks!

Cheshire - Pretty soon Sarge is going to have you doing 1 arm push ups haha

JayTee
03-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Right you are fellow losers--Rainbow, Courtney & the divine MadameB! Animal House it is ... Corp. Greg Niedermeyer spits out "Pledge Pin" at Flounder!

MadameB--I still think you're trying to kill Sarge. I can't try JM Trouble Zone until I master the crunches and then I'm gonna have to try the 1 arm push ups because quite frankly, if I could do (5) of those I would consider myself bad-@## and ready to run a Black Ops team in the next BL Challenge!

Dreamer--YOU ARE AWESOME. I'm so glad you joined us. You'll keep us motivated to keep up with the 20-somethings!

Cheshire--A teacher, eh?!? Sweet! What grade/subject? I love having you on board. Your check in post 10K still cracks me up! "Did I kick *** and take names? Affirmative!" Perfect!

Sind-There's a hot tub party going on in this thread! Love it! Maybe WHEN we all achieve our goal this week we'll synchronize our watches and all sit in a hot bath of celebration! Ahhhhhh!

WannaFish--5 times stairs!!! That's what I'm talking about! Also, there's constantly stuff I have to look up too like C25K (Couch to 5K), the "Shred" (Jillian Michael's program), and NSVs (non-scale victories). Who knew there was so much to absorb!

Prvt. Loco--Love the reports! check, check, check! Excellent job and so glad you're a "cross over" from that other evil team! hehehehe! Who cares as long as we all lose!

Headquarters is calling Sarge back to the gym to double time it. Dinner engagement out of Sarge's control tonight that will present some real challenges!

If I'm not back to ya later... SARGE STILL HAS HIS EYE ON YOU!

P.S. Loco thanks for clearing up Rainbow's "Offgymdays." The first time Sarge read that all bunched together, and I'll be the first to admit that he's kind of dense at times, he thought he needed a new book of computer chat abbreviations...OMG - OGD?!?! And RainMILES, now that I understand, WTG on working out on your Off Day!

Resolute
03-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Just checking in to say hi girls, :)

Done work a little early today, although i wigged out and went in early this morning when i could of relaxed and had a cup of joe.:dizzy:

This run of days from Tuesday through Thursday is crucial for me, most of my gains (and by gains i mean losses ) show up in this time frame, anyways everything is still on track although i might have bitten off more than i can chew, temps warmed up today, it's a lovely -5 and sunny, i will enjoy my coming walk.

Made a loaf of bread last night and broke out real butter (Mmmm) for my sandwich today... a turkey roast i made in the slow cooker sunday sliced thinly, yummy yum yum, oh with a dill pickle.

Hoping to shave a few more cals off intake today and doing ok at this point, large salad on tap for later plus something else when i can make up my mind.

No retreat no surrender. :D

rainbowsmiles
03-08-2011, 04:44 PM
MELT Fat Tuesday!

RainbowMILES - You sure don't rest on "NoGymDays" do you? lol

MELT FAT TUESDAY!!! LOVE IT!!! WHAT A GREAT IMAGE!! MADE ME GET OUT AND GET THAT WALKING DONE FOR REAL!! 2 MILES!! DONE!!

THANKS COCOLOCO!!! for inspiring this FAT CHIC ON MELT FAT TUESDAY!!

:sarge: OGD....2 mile walk DONE!! whew!!! i go to the gym 4 days a week, then 2 days...work at home on my OGD...then on sunday i normally rest completely! but sometimes i just have to get outside and ride cause i love riding!! and sunshine!!

sindaena...i would scold for not eating breakfast...cause everything i've read said its the most important meal of the day....however, dang gf...your excellent weight loss so far this year....is so impressive...it must work for you and gf YOU TOTALLY ROCK BREAKFAST OR NOT!! YOU ARE SO INSPIRING!!

courtney...OMG SO UBER PROUD OF YOU GF!!! can't wait to hear what you do this evening at the gym!!

dreamer....32 oz water PLUS 16 oz tea...all for breakfast...then running afterwards....OH MY....i would have never finished that run except to run to the john!! haha i am trying to drink more and more water, but i am having to get up 3 times in the night uggg!!! poor rest = tired pvt!!

everyone....thank you all for joining this thread...you guys are so inspiring to me and your posts all make me feel like i can truly get there...where all of you are...running and one armed pushups and 10k's and gee...its hard sometimes being over 300 but i am gonna bust butt until i break that huge 3 off the front of that scale!!! won't that be a day of jubileeeee.....so thanks everyone for being such hard workers and devoted and determined!!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!

JayTee
03-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Just a "quickie"...

Rainbow -- :)

Resolute -- great to have you check in. "Mid Week" success being sent your weigh!

Sarge done for day: 6.5mile walk/jog (including best 1 miler time (10:24) since rising from the sofa from the great undead on 1/1/11)+35 min. stairmaster+free weights+45 MadameB crunches = 1334 machine calories burned. Now to conquer dinner out...fingers crossed!

Later fellow losers!

VickieLou
03-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Sorry Sarge for not reporting in since Sunday.

Sunday I stayed on plan and exercised.

Monday I stayed on plan and exercised.

Tuesday I worked out with trainer on weights and did Cardio. Food I didn't stick to my plan today. Need to work on that. Wednesday will be a day of fasting beginning of Lent. I thought it was okay to eat out for lunch. :o
Plan on working out on my Elliptical at home tonight. I seems everytime I get some more weight off I have a binge. Need a :kickbutt: from Sarge and the platoon. I want to get this weight off. Now I need to get tougher about my food choices. Weighed in at 222.6 today.

Here is my Update for Monday roll call. What does Extra High Five Complete mean?

VickieLou
03-08-2011, 06:46 PM
VickiLou: :welcome: and hang on 'cause we're gonna MELT YOUR BUTT-ER . . . LOLOLOL[/QUOTE]

Thanks MadamButterfly! Let's Melt some Butt-er this Week! I've lost -1.6 Lbs so far this week. :moo: :drill:

SMSDREAMER2007
03-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Cocoloco ....np...glad I could motivate you!

Sarge...thats cause I am a 20-somehting! WOOOOOT LETS MOVE IT..WE CAN DO IT! I am sorry to say sarge, I am behind in eating. I got my hr long walk/run in and on my way back from the store at the end of it (don't worry only buying good stuff) I started feeling sick, spent the next hour throwing up then the next three hours in bed. So now here it is dinner time and I haven't even had lunch or either of my snacks! Going to try to get some water and tea to stay down first. I wont let you down sarge!

Sindaea! I hear ya I am not much of a breakfast eater either, unfort I normally wake up so early that I need to eat.

Madambutterfly ick laundry! I hate it....soorryy!!!! have fun though...laundry is a little extra kick of a workout! hehe

Resolute wtg!!!! mmmm bread!!!! what kind? LOL

Rainbowsmiles yea I made sure I went to the bathroom before I left LOL and hang in there...I just recently ghot out of the 300's im hanging at 295 ish right now YOU Can DO IT!!

Vickielou THATS GREAT!!!! mid week check in every so often are better than none at all.. I think sarge would agree. Keep it up you can do it!!!

Keep it up yall! im going to down some water and hopefully keep it dfown!

CourtneyDaisey
03-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks for all the comments on my lunchtime workout folks! :D

I am home now. And tired! After work I hit the other gym and did 15 minutes on the treadmill (a combination of walking and jogging again) and followed that with 30 minutes on the elliptical! I got in my extra five today with an additional 5 minutes after that! Boy am I beat!

But....I am not done yet!!!!! Tonight during "The Biggest Loser" I am committing myself to doing what I call "Commercial Crunches." Whenever a commercial comes on, I get off the couch, hit the floor, and do crunches until the commercial break is over and the show comes back on. So, during the two hours of "The Biggest Loser" I can get in a LOT of crunches! the last time I did this I was sore for two days afterwards! :eek:

Here's to pain!

Hmmm...pain...reminds me of a song...

"Bring The Pain" by ABstraXT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWIIfeXL5s) (this is my cousin's band and they kick some butt-er!!!!)

Sounds like Sarge's theme song... "I come to bring the pain...come and get some!" :drill: Yep...the pain is bring brought baby!!!!!

peanutt
03-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Sarge, forgive me for not reporting back sooner! I've been busy working my butter off and filling my house with healthy food.

Monday - perfectly on plan, 60 minutes of brisk walking
Tuesday - perfectly on plan, 60 minutes of brisk walking, PLUS 5 incline pushups, 5 crunches, 5 squats

Cheshirecat
03-08-2011, 08:24 PM
End of the day report-in.

On target with healthy eating. 5 servings of fruits and veggies!
Plenty of h2o. I was quite thirsty today actually.

Wii Just Dance for 30 minutes, plus arm, core and leg exercises done with extra reps thrown in for fun. Yeah, fun.

Sindaena
03-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Tonight during "The Biggest Loser" I am committing myself to doing what I call "Commercial Crunches." Whenever a commercial comes on, I get off the couch, hit the floor, and do crunches until the commercial break is over and the show comes back on. So, during the two hours of "The Biggest Loser" I can get in a LOT of crunches! the last time I did this I was sore for two days afterwards! :eek:

Way to go Courtney! And, I am so jealous, lol. I won't get to see tonight's BL episode until sometime tomorrow afternoon. :(

Resolute
03-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Just a "quickie"...

Rainbow -- :)

Resolute -- great to have you check in. "Mid Week" success being sent your weigh!

Sarge done for day: 6.5mile walk/jog (including best 1 miler time (10:24) since getting rising the sofa from the great undead on 1/1/11)+35 min. stairmaster+free weights+45 MadameB crunches = 1334 machine calories burned. Now to conquer dinner out...fingers crossed!

Later fellow losers!

Wow, i feel like a bum when i read some of your efforts, thanks for the well wishes, tonights weigh in i was at 248, so down 2 pounds over the last 4 days(last time i weighed) Two more and i keep my word to you.

SMSDREAMER2007... The easy to make kind, my bread machine, just a plain sandwich loaf, tossed everything in the machine before i turned in, woke up in the middle of the night to such a wonderful smell :D, anyways i don't indulge in bread a whole lot but could'nt resist a turkey sandwich. Can't totally deprive oneself, just have to stay smart about it.

Stayed right at my BMR today for cals, no more no less, a perfect day for me, the less i weigh the less i can eat and all my exercise / daily activities are a deficit.

Hope everyone else is as happy with their efforts, you should be from what i've read.

dcapulet
03-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Checking in for the evening, sarge - On plan eating today, and good water intake.

Tomorrow's the hump all - lets plow right through it!

drinkypants
03-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Sarge, WTG on your personal best mile!! You are such a great example!

I ended up getting my hubby to stay at the gym for an hour! More than the extra 5 I was hoping for :D My eating was 100% on plan too!

everyone....thank you all for joining this thread...you guys are so inspiring to me and your posts all make me feel like i can truly get there...where all of you are...running and one armed pushups and 10k's and gee...its hard sometimes being over 300 but i am gonna bust butt until i break that huge 3 off the front of that scale!!! won't that be a day of jubileeeee.....so thanks everyone for being such hard workers and devoted and determined!!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!

RainbowMILES you will see that 2# in no time! You are doing so amazing!! Your determination motivates me every day! I know I am not alone in feeling motivated by the positive energy you give off.. it's contagious! So THANK YOU!

Resolute
03-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Dang cat woke me up early this morning, apparently he needed a massage. http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6874/bleh2c.gif Hey at least i can enjoy a coffee this morning, have to look for the positive.

Oh well its the simple things that make life worthwhile. http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/715/heartwml.gif

Hope everyone has a positive and productive day. :)

Cheshirecat
03-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Haha, Resolute--cats just do what they want. Mine love to walk right over me when I'm sleeping.

GOOD MORNING ALL!
It's a rainy, rainy day here. I thought it was Thursday but the husband informs me it's just Wednesday. Broke my little heart for a second.
Oh well, just one more day in order to kick some butt-er!!

Breakfast done-one serving a fruit down.
It's a run day. Yay.

I have a long meeting too...but I got my snacks ready for the afternoon.
I teach kindergarten--but it's a half day for them so we get to spend the rest being professionally developed.

rainbowsmiles
03-09-2011, 07:35 AM
GOOOOOD MORNING PRIVATES!!!

:rain: RAiNMiLES AWAKE AND READY TO BEAT
DOWN THiS FAT
AND MELT SOME BUTT-ER!!!!

UP AND AT 'EM THIS MORNING!!

IT'S HUMP DAY!! WOOHOOOO!!

OFF TO THE GYM...BBL TO REPORT....SiR!! :drill:

Sindaena
03-09-2011, 07:45 AM
<yawn> It's morning already?!

It's 4:42 Am and I'll be off to the gym for weight training - Chest, Triceps, and Abs - in a couple minutes. I did get my TKD class in last night along with an extra five minutes of cardio doing nonstop cardio kick drills. Tonight is a run night after I drop my kids off at gymnastics around 4.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

JayTee
03-09-2011, 08:49 AM
<yawn> is right Sindaena...sorry platoon, Sarge hit the snooze button on the bugle this morning!

It's Wednesday, time to bust your hump day! That's right, "Operation Hump!"

http://ourbunkers.0catch.com/operationHump.jpg

I see several of you have already left the barracks this morning! In the distance I can hear the sweet sounds of the platoon taking Sarge's name in vain while cardio kick-boxing, running long, elipticals, bikes and treadmills grinding, extra stairs being climbed, and amazing feats of strength like (5) 1 arm push-ups, and weighted squats and lunges being performed.

Bust a hump troops and sweat on that gym floor, drip sweat from places that have never seen sweat before! And for those who missed it, Cheshire's motivational video link is worth a repeat today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHMaiNyztk

Carry On!

JayTee
03-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Quick note:

Resolute mentioned being right on his BMR, (Basal Metabolic Rate), something I actually believe everyone trying to lose weight should be aware of. Here's a a link for those of you wanting to run your own calculations:
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Tamara
03-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Can I join this challenge as a late entry? Sarge, I fell off my weight loss/exercise journey for the last time. No more excuses. If I don't pay for the gym, I can still jog, walk, and do fitness DVDs for free at home.

Sunday was my first day back. I started C25K running program, and yesterday was my first day of 30 Day Shred.

I WILL:
- start each day with small affirmations, prayer, and focus
- accomplish my private goals
- exercise everyday: 30 Day Shred, C25K, long distance walks (4-6 mi total)
- drink at least 64 oz water daily
- eat less, and focus on eating more REAL foods and fruits/veggies
- check in and track on 3FC and SP

I'll track my exercise and water in this post (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3747953-post43.html). My checkins will be at least once a week, and you all can check my blog for additional info.

rainbowsmiles
03-09-2011, 11:03 AM
TAMARA!!

OOOhhhh sarge loves new recruits!!!!
woohooo!!

rainbowsmiles
03-09-2011, 11:15 AM
:rain: RAiNMiLES reporting in SiR! :drill:
GYM DAY COMPLETE!!
:tread:Treadmill: 2 miles done!
:lifter:Free Weights: done!
:swim:Swimming: 1 mile done!!
:wave:HiGH 5 times 3...for a high 15 mins of shooting hoops with hubby!
gym time complete: 2 hrs 30 mins!

oatmeal with 1/2 banana and 5 grams black walnuts, 2 pcs bacon
green tea, 48 oz water done!

:goldpot:
now whats for grub sir? feed this platoon!!
we're hungry on hump day!!
:D

SMSDREAMER2007
03-09-2011, 11:27 AM
dreamer reporting in sir! GOOOOOOO MOOORRRNIINNGGGG PLAAATOOOOONNN
Making my breakfast of a bagel and cream cheese now. Just finishing the first 16 oz of water and making my first 16 oz of tea now! then I will drink another 16 oz of water and walk/run for an hr WOOT WOOTT!! LETS GO PLATOON! TIME TO MELT SOME BUTT-ER!!!!

JayTee
03-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Welcome Prvt. Tamara! New recruits always welcome. All Sarge asks is that on Sundays you promise Sarge a total number of pounds you WILL lose the following week and then DO IT! We've got walkers, runners, C25Kr's, Zumba Queens, Spinners, and just plain ole' cat people here. On Sunday let me know what you PROMISE to lose and I'll add you to the giant tote board for the week.

Rainbow--Low fat/low cal white Chicken Chili being served in the mess hall! How goes your "slooshing" today?? :carrot::carrot::carrot: for those fives you're giving...five pounds, five extra minutes, five dips....

Dreamer--our "20-something"...love, love, love you checking in each day! Keep at it!!!! My "20 something" son just dropped over 35 pounds and re-entered what he calls "TWO-dentenland" for the first time since high school. He's a changed person!

Carry on troops -- Melt that Butt-er!

MadamButterfly
03-09-2011, 12:33 PM
HAPPY HUMP DAY ALL . . .

SARGE; WENT ON A SPECIAL SECRET MISSION LAST NIGHT AND TAKEN PRISIONER . . . SNUCK INTO THE PRISON OFFICE AND CHECKING IN . . . POSTS MAY BE FEW BUT BE REASSURED I AM MELTIN' BUTT-ER . . . FOUND A LOOSE PLANK IN MY HOOCH WITH FRESH SPRING WATER UNDERNEATH . . . THERE IS A BANANA TREE OUTSIDE ONE WINDOW AND A MANGO TREE OUTSIDE THE OTHER SO PLENTY OF FRUIT, WILL TRADE FOR SOME FOR VEGGIES . . . I ALSO SAW A GARDEN ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CAMP AND WILL PLAN A LATE NIGHT RAID AND MAKE SOME SOUP . . .

SARGE: REPORTING IN:
LAST NIGHT 2ND WORKOUT - COMPLETE
WATER- 6+ BOTTLES (16 oZ)
WORKOUT TODAY DONE . . . 2 BOTTLES OF WATER SO FAR . . .
PLAN FOR THE REST OF THE DAY . . . VEGGIE SOUP, TURKEY SANDWICH, SALAD, MANGO, BANANA AND FRESH PINEAPPLE . . .
1-ARM PUSH-UPS - COMPLETE . . .

WILL CONTINUE THIS PLAN UNTIL I'M RESCUED . . . THEY MAY HAVE CAPTURED ME BUT THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO HOLD ME HERE FOR VERY LONG

SIGNING OUT . . . I THINK I HEAR THE GUARDS COMING . . . OVER & OUT

rainbowsmiles
03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
madam....i sooooooooo love your post!!!

JayTee
03-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Breaker***Breaker***Butterfly....

You have crossed enemy lines...rescue helicopter dispatched...in meantime use your canteen to mix aforementioned mango, fresh pineapple, and banana with 3oz rum, find a tiny paper umbrella and return to hiding!

Will debrief you on return! Won't that be special!

SMSDREAMER2007
03-09-2011, 02:43 PM
LOL awesome post madambutterfly!!

Rain/wind threatened todays mission sarge, don't worry I told the wind and rain to stuff it and ran/walked anyway I look and feel like a drowned rat! . Went the extra mile and walked another 15 mins plus added in 20 mins of weight exercise for a total of 95 mins of exercise! the extra 5 just for you sarge! Boiling an egg for a delicious cobb salad now while downing my 4th glass of water (16 oz glass) . It will be noon soon. pvt dreamer over and out.

Sindaena
03-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Rain/wind threatened todays mission sarge, don't worry I told the wind and rain to stuff it and ran/walked anyway I look and feel like a drowned rat! . Went the extra mile and walked another 15 mins plus added in 20 mins of weight exercise for a total of 95 mins of exercise! the extra 5 just for you sarge!

Way to go Dreamer!

I'm going to be a wimp and run on the treadmill at the gym, and then reward myself with hot tub time. I'll add some extra time to my run/walk too in anticipation of a Girl's Night party I'm going to tonight. My party game plan is 1 glass of wine and no munchies. Worse than the calories in going over would be not getting up for my AM workout tomorrow. This is the first one I've been invited to in the 2+ year's I've lived on this coast, so I am absolutely going.

SMSDREAMER2007
03-09-2011, 04:30 PM
thanks sindaena! have fun at your girls night tonight! they rock!

JayTee
03-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Hey Platoon! In honor of the 150% effort I've been reading on the thread, Sarge dedicated his workout to slapping high-fives with the platoon today: 55 min stairmaster + 55 min treadmill + 55 Madame B crunches + added 5 lbs. to arm curl free weights + attempted 5 one arm push-ups which resulted in a pathetic display of ineptitude!

Sindaena--watch out...in one hour Sarge will have glass of wine in hand and jumping in a hot tub too!

Salutes out to all busting HUMP DAY!

Carry on!

Resolute
03-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Weird glitch in the matrix, nothing to see here, move along. http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6874/bleh2c.gif

Resolute
03-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Whats up troops ? :D

Ah... another day, just finished my walk, didn't want to go after work today but C'est la vie, anyways i feel better having done so after all is said and done.

Lets see, felt pretty weak today, might be squeezing my calorie intake a wee bit low, got on the scale and i was down to 247 tonight , holy moly i'm almost obese, joy oh joy :D, what a ridiculous thing to be excited about, guess it's all relative though.

Anyways looking at maybe a couple hundred extra cals over my BMR tonight, can't stand feeling drained during the day, everything is looking rosy for my planned loss this week.

I feel on top of the world, just so empowered it's unreal, i'm in total control and i love the feeling.

Cheshirecat
03-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Sarge--lovin' all the 5s! Way to lead the troops!

sindaena-good work putting in some over time. Have a blast with the girls!

4 servings of fruits and veggies for me today.

3 miler around the neighborhood, gave it a little more when I heard Sarge voice in my head!

JayTee
03-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Resolute--WTG! Way to drag yourself out even when you didn't feel like it. Being in "total control" is indeed a GREAT feeling!

Cheshire--music to my ears that Sarge is in your head! Love it!

Note...Resolute's signature... "You can be a warrior or a slave." This platoon is made of WARRIORS!!!

Resolute
03-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Resolute--WTG! Way to drag yourself out even when you didn't feel like it. Being in "total control" is indeed a GREAT feeling!

Cheshire--music to my ears that Sarge is in your head! Love it!

Note...Resolute's signature... "You can be a warrior or a slave." This platoon is made of WARRIORS!!!

I took it from a song i sometimes listen to when i walk, you probably never heard it before " old and canadian " but i've always liked it, means a little more to me these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxdqcVaBcyk

SMSDREAMER2007
03-09-2011, 10:09 PM
WTG SARGE! love the 5's !

anni3d
03-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Hey Sarge - ran today when I didn't want to and it sparked some new energy here at work. Worth it for sure. (oh, and I gotta tell you - the additional motivation - your screaming voice in my head helped too!)

Over and out.

drinkypants
03-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Hey Sarge! I am off to the gym right now.. It's 11:30 p.m. here.. I am a night owl, so while you are all up working out.. I am fast asleep =P For my 5 I will do... 5 different strength machines at the gym.

I'll be the one snoring when you're doing your sit ups in the A.M. hehe

EDIT: I worked my butt-er off Sarge, well hopefully some of it hehe --- I tried 6 new machines, we'll see how my muscles like it in the morning! Hitting the bunk!

Cheshirecat
03-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Rise and shine, time to get out there and seize the day!

Thanks for the morning tune Resolute.

Cereal and grapes for breakfast to start me off on my day. I'm about to go pack a lunch then off to work.

Kick some butt-er today Platoon!

Tamara
03-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Sarge, I don't have access to a scale right now. Can I post goals and update my progress weekly?

Sindaena
03-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Good Morning!

Pvt Sindaena reporting in. Got my run/walk in yesterday, half a mile longer than I had been doing and added some push-ups to my stretching for good measure, followed by my hot tub indulgence and and on plan Girl's Night with just 1 glass of wine pre-figured into my calories for the day and no munchies even though everyone said that the brownies were to die for!

I'm up and heading off for this morning's cardio workout at the gym in the pitch black rainy pre-dawn. <yawn>

JayTee
03-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Sarge, I don't have access to a scale right now. Can I post goals and update my progress weekly?

Tamara--Yup! Sundays is check in day. Sarge doesn't even care what your starting weight is, unless you want to share. All Sarge truly cares about is whether you dropped the promised poundage that you pledged on the previous Sunday! And it can't be the same one or two pounds week after week--the trap we all fall into sometimes! Sure, a platoon member could lie here or there, but who would they really be letting down?

Dismissed! Off to the gym, double time!

JayTee
03-10-2011, 08:43 AM
RISE & SHINE PLATOON!!!

OPERATION BUTT-ER MELT CONTINUES

http://mytidykitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/melting-butter.jpg

It's Thursday, plenty of time for as many "last chance workouts" you might need to reach your promise for the week. Here's a reprint of this weeks toteboard of pounds promised.

Sarge = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
Dreamer = 2
Rainbow84uk = 2
dcapulet = 2
anni3d = 2
VickieLou = 3
CocoLoco = 3
Cheshire = 1.5
Courtney = 3
MadamGoo = 2.2
Carosmith = 2
Sindaena = 1.5
WannaBFish = 2
Linkypie = 3

Anni3--WTG!!! Sarge is happy to provide that "gentle" nagging in the back of your brain! And see, when you're done with that run, doesn't it feel great!

Loco--6 new machines!!!! Nicely done, private! Sarge loves "machines" ...like Terminator, Rise of the Machines!

Sind--Awesome staying on plan with girls night! Sarge was tempted this week too, but figured if he had to set a good example. Just the words, "pitch black rainy pre-dawn cardio" makes Sarge grin!

Resolute--Agree with Cheshire, that video/song is a great way to start the day! I WILL!!!

Troops DISSSSSS-MISSSSSSED! Hit the gym and melt that BUTT-er off!

rainbowsmiles
03-10-2011, 10:11 AM
goooooooooood morning privates and sarge SiR!! :drill:

:rain: PRiVATE RAiNMiLES reporting in SiR!

enjoyed my lie in this moring on my off gym day! woohoo
this chica had been working muscles she didn't even
know she had!

breakfast: scrambled eggs (1 egg plus 2 whites in 1 MISTO spray)
2 pcs bacon, coffee with dash cream and hazlenut flavoring)

i think i have worked out more this week with more intensity
than any week since i started in dec!!

loving all this encouragment and support!!

:drill: SARGE: YOU DA MAN!!!

:grouphug: SQUAD...YOU'RE AWESOME!!

:running: :running: :running: :running: :running:

ahhhhh trying to let my body rest on a rest day but
i get so excited i want to do more and more!! :)
this is gonna be a GREAT WEEK!!!

i can't wait for weigh in day!! woohooooooooo

BOOYAH!!
THiS iS MY YEAR!!!

SARGE: i'm throwing in more chunks of butt-er....to be melted...like that wicked witch...i'm melting...i'm m-e-l-t-ing......

SiNDAENA....NO brownies...not even a nibble?? OH I AM IMPRESSED!!! WAY TO GO GF!!! YOU ROCK!!

TAMARA: no scales no prob...just weigh in on sunday!! woohoo we are gonna have some impressive numbers on sunday!

CHESHiRECAT: love your morning wakeups!! so encouraging!! love your spirit! you help get me in gear pvt!!

RESOLUTE: thanks for the song choice!! :) also, i so agree...when you said you always feel better having done so after the fact....there are so many times i would lie in bed and skip gym...but for sarge's screaming voice in my head and all the other privates already up and busting BUTT-er...and you know what...i have never walked OUT that gym door without a SMILE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT on my face! IT DOES MAKE A BODY FEEL GLAD!!

COCOLOCO....you have really been busting BUTT-er this week!! way to go gf!!! i can't wait tl weigh in!! R vs B gonna be an interesting week!! KEEP AT'IT NiGHTOWL!

ANNi3D: i know what you mean about SARGE'S VOICE YELLiNG iN MY EAR TOO!!! sure makes a private dig a litle deeper!! don't want the wrath of sarge come sunday! haha

DREAMER: hope your day is going great and that you are right on plan!! UPDATE US ON YOUR WEEK!!

MADAM: sarge has us all gathered and in training for your rescue....hang on soldier...we're coming! in the meantime....KICK BUTT AND TAKE NAMES!! BOOOOYAH!!

COURTNEY: gf...where are you?? all that extra hard work out....get it in gear soldier!! ROCK ON SiSTA!! BOOOOYAH! YOU'RE HAVING AN AWESOME WEEK!

PEANUTT: HOWS THE WEEK GOiNG....REPORT IN SOLDiER!!

DCAP: HOW WAS YOUR HUMP DAY?? did you plow right through it?? REPORT IN PRIVATE!!

RAiNBOWUK, ViCKiELOU, CAROSMiTH, LiNKYPiE, WANT2BEAFiSH...?????????

OVER AND OUT!!

SMSDREAMER2007
03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
rainbowmiles thanks for asking...my week is going better!

yesterday was an iffy day I feel kinda bad and kind of really good! I have been looking at popcorn chicken (the breaded and fried pieces of chicken ) and doughnuts for most of if not all of the day and i'm feeling bad cause I WANT SOME!!! but, I am feeling really good because I haven't given in to that craving! hehehe. I can walk through the stores and not have a problem anymore but I haven't had people leave them out for hours on the table and have them call to me all day. This is my test! Weighed today and I had lost .8 a pound so far my official weigh in is sunday so we will see. I hope its at least over 2 lbs for this week! I know its going to start slowing down here and soon, I just want one more week of over 2 lbs before I even out XD

as for today working on my 2nd glass of water and my glass of tea while eating my whole wheat bagel breakfast..soon as I am done here time to run/walk XD

rainbowsmiles
03-10-2011, 12:41 PM
:drill: ok i couldn't stand it....and walked 1 mile! how come i feel guilty on REST DAYS???

DREAMER STEP AWAY FROM THE DOUGHNUTS....they will only leave a "doughnut" around your middle!!!
COME ON NOW PRIVATE...YOU CAN DO IT...here's some willpower dust for you!

as for the popcorn chicken....cut up boneless skinless chicken into small bite size pieces, roll in one egg white that has been whipped, then coat in parmesan cheese and bake.....all the yummmmmmm and none of the guilt!!
hugs :hug:
:dust: :dust: :dust:

JayTee
03-10-2011, 01:23 PM
DREAMER!!!! BACK AWAY FROM THOSE DONUTS!!!! Don't even think about that saturated fat piece of doughy LARD!!!!

And that's what you came here for!

RainMiles!!!!! YAY, walking on your off day. Sarge thinks that would make a lovely song title!

SMSDREAMER2007
03-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Operation wet rat was a success!!! Walked 1 hr 15 mins in the pouring rain. now I do look and feel like a drowned rat...but I feel GREAT!
Don't worry rainbowmiles and sarge. I am NOT eating the doughnuts. I didn't eat them yesterday, I am not eating them today! I stuck to my bagel this AM having my snack of 3 egg whites and am now finishing my first 16 oz of tea I started before my walk and working on my 3rd 16 oz glass of water this AM. Gotta go out to the school in an hr planning on taking some zucchini sticks with me since I will need to skip lunch because I won't get there in time to have it. I got this, No doughnuts. Thanks for the tip on popcorn chicken though ranbowmiles. Never thought of that. I did cut chicken into bite sized pieces and just ate that instead XD Dreamer out ps. thanks for the willpower dust!

Resolute
03-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Good afternoon everyone, very average day today except my emotions are all over the place, i was super positive this morning and now i'm dead flat right now, weird.

Let's see, i know i said i was going to have a few more cals last night but i actually had a few less, to lazy to make something else besides a sandwich and my salad LOL, probably why i'm crashing mentally, temps have really improved +10c today, nice but wet and mucky out, just trying to shake loose some mojo for my walk, done work a little early today ( probably a good thing. )

Today is usually but not always my low weight for the week, the odd time friday surprises me, so i'm hoping to see some more positive results otherwise i have to drop the hammer so to speak if i want to achieve my number.

Wishing all strength of spirit, every day is another step in the right direction.

rainbowsmiles
03-10-2011, 04:33 PM
just trying to shake loose some mojo for my walk

RESOLUTE....omg!! sending you some monkey mojo!
:jig: :jig: :jig:

now get out there and get your walk on private!! :D

thanks so much for sharing in this tread...is sooooooo nice to have a :strong: strong man around when ya need one!! and WE SURE NEED YOU!!

peace and strength to you too soldier!!

Resolute
03-10-2011, 04:53 PM
RESOLUTE....omg!! sending you some monkey mojo!
:jig: :jig: :jig:

now get out there and get your walk on private!! :D

thanks so much for sharing in this tread...is sooooooo nice to have a :strong: strong man around when ya need one!! and WE SURE NEED YOU!!

peace and strength to you too soldier!!

Just getting ready to lace up now, i might be physically strong but true strength comes from deep within your heart, i used to think women were weak (ashamed) until i truly opened my eyes and mind to the truth of it.

I'm just doing my best to try and get caught in the wave of energy you ladies give off. :hug:

JayTee
03-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Hup! Hup! Chin Up Resolute!

Agree with RainbowMILES and sending mojo to get that walk in! You know you're gonna feel much better when you're done. Reward yourself with something when you're done. Make yourself something more than a sandwich tonight too. You deserve it! I know it can get grueling and monotonous at times, but using some of your own words from other threads, look at how far you've come. Dude, you're almost done turning a mountain into a mole hill! Dust off those clothes you found hidden in your closet and get out there!!!!
Break out a crock pot too! Wouldn't it be nice to have some wonderful smelling treat waiting for you when you got home?!?!

Sarge done with workouts for the day...stairmaster, treadmill, weights and up to 60 MadameB crunches! Knowing I gotta put up or shut up keeps me going!

Have a great evening all!

peanutt
03-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow, I'm a bad private. I've been negligent in my reports to Sarge and the platoon!

I just got back from a work party where the box of donuts was passed around THREE times. I passed it on by all three times. Then the plate of cookies came around TWICE. I passed it on by both times. :D

The best coating for making healthy "chicken nuggets" that I've found has been ground almonds, ground flax, wheat germ and seasonings. Sooo good and so nutritious!!

JayTee
03-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Peanutt--Good to have you check in! Sarge doesn't worry about you! I know you're always on the right track! We need to find Courtney tho...gone M.I.A. for a few days!

Sarge looks forward to your poundage report on Sunday!

rainbowsmiles
03-10-2011, 06:57 PM
The best coating for making healthy "chicken nuggets" that I've found has been ground almonds, ground flax, wheat germ and seasonings. Sooo good and so nutritious!!

This sounds delish....can you give me a specific measurement??? plzz :D

SMSDREAMER2007
03-10-2011, 07:36 PM
also sending mojo your way resolute! Just checkin the posts for now ya'll Don't worry no doughnuts have been eaten by me! They want mcdonalds for dinner ,I am passing on that too!! My goal for this week is no cheating so it will be done!!! gonna figure out what I want for dinner for myself XD have fun yall check back later

p.s. wtg on the workout sarge!

Resolute
03-10-2011, 07:54 PM
also sending mojo your way resolute! Just checkin the posts for now ya'll Don't worry no doughnuts have been eaten by me! They want mcdonalds for dinner ,I am passing on that too!! My goal for this week is no cheating so it will be done!!! gonna figure out what I want for dinner for myself XD have fun yall check back later

p.s. wtg on the workout sarge!

Uhh... mojo overload, must not mentally snap :dizzy:

To late , i'm living proof that lowering your calorie intake to low will lead to instabilities, got home and my waterproof shoes were sopping wet not to mention my apparel, anyways the best part was when i found out my keys were not in my pocket.

Tya, anyways i'm having a diet ginger ale and whisky right now. :D

Cheshirecat
03-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Oh my goodness,
I so did NOT want to do anything today. I just wanted to sit on my duff and surf the 'net and have aimless text conversations.

BUT...

I surfed right onto this thread and read the motivation, the dedication, the will power. If my platoon mates can pass up doughnuts and cookies, go walking in the rain and in 10 degree weather. If crunches can be done by the 10s and 100s, if rest days can still have some great activity....then I can get up and do it too!

So, thank you Platoon!

I just spent 45 minutes, Wii Just Dancing, push upping, crunching (I was inspired to do some reverse crunches--haven't done those in months), tricep dipping and planking.

I feel better for it too.
SO anyone still out there trying to sneak by---get UP, and DO IT!

peanutt
03-10-2011, 08:23 PM
This is from the Eat Clean Diet website:

Crispy Chicken Bites
Yield: 6 servings (20-25 nuggets)
Ingredients

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts weighing about 6 oz / 170 g each
1/4 cup / 60 ml oat bran
1/4 cup / 60 ml wheat germ
1 Tbsp / 15 ml coarsely ground flaxseed
1/4 cup / 60 ml coarsely ground almonds
1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml sea salt
1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml white pepper
Pinch garlic powder
1/2 cup / 120 ml water or low-sodium chicken broth
1 large egg white, lightly beaten

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 400F / 232C. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or coating lightly with best-quality olive oil.
2. Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces, about 1.5 inches square. Set aside.
3. Next, combine all dry ingredients in a large container with a tightly fitting lid. Shake well. This is your coating mixture.
4. Combine water and egg in a medium bowl. Dip each piece in the water/egg-white mixture. Then dip each piece in the coating mixture. Make sure each piece is well coated.
5. Place on the baking sheet. When all of your chicken has been coated and your baking sheet is full, place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.

Nutritional Value for 4 Nuggets

Calories: 100
Calories from Fat: 32
Fat: 3.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Protein: 12 g
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 320 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg

I've tweaked it and now usually leave out the oat bran. I just throw the almonds, flaxseed and wheat germ into my Magic Bullet and grind it up. I usually season with Italian seasoning or herb and garlic Mrs. Dash.

JayTee
03-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Resolute & Cheshire-- You make Sarge smile!!!! Yeesh, what was it about Thursday? Tough day! Way to push past it!

rainbowsmiles
03-10-2011, 08:52 PM
thanks peanutt....i have flax seed and needed a good idea what to do with them!! thanks so much!!
hugs
susan

peanutt
03-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Susan - You're very welcome! I hope you enjoy it!

SMSDREAMER2007
03-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I need some more willpower dust platoon! Yea soo....the people I live with don't eat so healthily and know I can't have the stuff and dont want to have the stuff but still they have left out the doughnuts, fried chicken, popcorn chicken and oreos, also are on their way home...nope make that just walked in with mcdonalds for all of them..Temptation city anyone? Sigh. I WILL NOT EAT IT! i think....

rainbowsmiles
03-10-2011, 08:58 PM
I need some more willpower dust platoon! Yea soo....the people I live with don't eat so healthily and know I can't have the stuff and dont want to have the stuff but still they have left out the doughnuts, fried chicken, popcorn chicken and oreos, also are on their way home...nope make that just walked in with mcdonalds for all of them..Temptation city anyone? Sigh. I WILL NOT EAT IT! i think....

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

GO GET IN THE BATH TUB AND SOAK...TAKE A LARGE GLASS OF ICE WATER...AND LEAVE ALL OF THOSE TEMPTATIONS BEHIND...ITS SO NOT WORTH IT....THINK OF YOU....THINK OF YOUR GOALS AND HOW FAR YOU'VE COME...YOU CAN DO IT!!

AND MCDONALDS...EWWW GROSS....SAVE THE EMPTY BAG FROM MCDONALDS....PUT IT ON THE COUNTER...THEN SMELL IT....ITS GROSS...STALE YUCKY GREASE THAT GETS USED OVER AND OVER...ITS DISGUSTING....IT GETS IN THE CLOTHES AND STINKS AND DOESN'T EVEN WASH OUT...THE FLOORS OF MCDONALDS ARE SO SLICK FROM ICKY GREASE...UGGG...I KNOW, I HAD KIDS WHO USED TO WORK THERE!! ITS GROSSS!!!! DON'T EAT IT!!

peanutt
03-10-2011, 09:00 PM

You will not eat it!!

After you take that relaxing bath Rainbow suggested, paint your nails! I never want to mess up my nails by snacking after I give myself a little manicure.

JayTee
03-10-2011, 09:00 PM
DON'T DO IT! DON'T CAVE DREAMER! MOVE AWAY FROM THE TEMPTATION OR FACE IT SQUARE ON AND CALMLY PICK IT ALL UP AND PITCH IT IN THE TRASH!!!! JUST THINK ABOUT HOW LONG IT TAKES TO BURN OFF THOSE EMPTY CALORIES!!!!

WILL POWER DUST TSUNAMI COMING AT YOU!

Resolute
03-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Have you ever seen how long that stuff (mMcdonalds) can sit out and not rot, pretty much forever, seriously something that wards off bacteria like that can't be good for you.

It's on you girl, what do you want more? Instant gratification with the horrible feeling of failure later or a renewed sense of determination and pride ?

JayTee
03-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Now this is what I call I platoon of motivation! Within 15 minutes of a SOS for help there was a swarm of support! AWESOME!

SMSDREAMER2007
03-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks all!!! I needed that KICK IN THE ARSE. I didn't eat it instead I had a big salad and a bowl of brussel sprouts sautee'd in a tiny EVOO with some garlic and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese YUM! i ended eating the whole bag giggles. Now, I am like wait.. why did I want that crap? I can do it!!!! if the junk food isnt gone by tomorrow I am throwing it in the trash whether they like it or not. I didn't get the bath in (our bath is too small for me to take a bath at this weight) but I did paint my nails and toes! after my dinner I made I am soo fulll anyway. Hugs all thanks my AWESOME platoon!

JayTee
03-10-2011, 10:10 PM
PHEW! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED DREAMER!

SMSDREAMER2007
03-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Yes sarge mission accomplished!!!

VickieLou
03-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Pvt Vickielou reporting in today. Yesterday Lent begin so it was a day of fasting I only ate 635 calories. I was tired so didn't exercise.

Today I met with my Trainer and did weights. Cardio I did an hour on the treadmill and I stayed on my food plan today.

Speaking of GREASE from McDonald's I was outside the building one time when they were pumping or cleaning out the grease vat. It smelled horrible.

I weighed in at 222 today so only 1 pound from my Goal weight for the week.

Platoon lets melt some Butt-er!

SMSDREAMER2007
03-10-2011, 11:10 PM
AWESOME vickielou! wtg! you can do it! :cheer:

drinkypants
03-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Way to fight temptation DREAMER!!

Today was my OGD (hehe Rainbow) I am in such a groove of working out now, that it was hard not to.. I ended up walking my dogs twice as long as usual, they were pooped when we got home hehe

I really love the machines Sarge! Even though I am super sore.. I am going to start a regular routine with them! I need to start working on my guns, so one day I can do a one arm push up haha

WTG Vicki on the pound lost!

This platoon is really impressive.. instead of excuses to not do things, I see them just doing it - even when it is nasty outside! The support and inspiration in this thread is amazing.. thanks everyone!

Sindaena
03-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Pvt Sindaena reporting in. I made the adult TKD class tonight, so two workouts accomplished today. My ankle is bothering me a bit; hope that doesn't interfere with my planned run tomorrow evening. Tomorrow morning is leg weights day too, so it's a rough overall day for an already sore ankle :(

Anyway, on plan for food today, chowing down on some broccoli slaw with greek veggie dip while my chicken breast stuffed with asparagus and lowfat cheddar cooks.

Dreamer - Awesome job resisting all that junk food!

VickieLou - Awesome midweek weight check!

Resolute
03-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Got up a little early this morning, wasn't having the greatest sleep anyways, feel horrible about news coming out of Japan now.

My efforts this last week i redoubled and i could definately tell physically and mentally, still last nights weigh in i had dropped 4 pounds day on day ( no idea what is going on ) bringing me to 7 pounds down from a week ago, i don't know if this is an anomaly or if it will stick but for the first time in what seems like forever i was not technically classified as morbid.

I don't put a lot of stock in those charts though because if i was to hit their ideal weight i would be extremely gaunt, my body is and always has been somewhat larger than normal in the bulkiness department plus i am kind of lucky because the weight i do carry is distributed evenly rather than all in one spot. I feel bad even worrying about my weight when people are fighting for survival, i've just put so much into this it's become somewhat of an obsession.

Wishing everyone a safe and productive day.

Cheshirecat
03-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Morning Platoon.

I was just reading up on the news about the earthquake too and the possible resulting tsunamis. Hard news.

Good work Dreamer with resisting temptation, actually completely derailing it by cooking your own food and getting pretty nails!

Resolute-Wow 7 lbs, that's a great kick in pants to keep going!

It's a pot luck for my work today. I making sure to bring some fruit along. Hopefully someone will bring some veggies. I'll be super choosy today and pick the 'good' stuff!
Long run day after work today. 7 miler. We are going to try out a new path too--I just hope all this rain had a chance to dry a bit (it's a grass path).

Oh, and IT'S FRIDAY!!! That deserve a celebratory push up or sit up or 10!!

rainbowsmiles
03-11-2011, 07:32 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNiNG SARGE!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNiNG PRiVATES!!

:yay: T.G.I.F. :yay:

bittersweet....to wake up to such devastating news of the earthquake and impending tsunami...sure makes me sad and so much destruction in the world these days.

off to the gym...with a heavy heart...bbl to report in sir!

JayTee
03-11-2011, 07:46 AM
GOOOOD MORNING PLATOON! SO MANY BRIGHT, SHINY FACES UP & AT 'EM ALREADY!

Motivational image for the day:

http://www.skinnysushi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Fitness-Friday.jpg

Wow, I used the phrase "sending Will Power Dust Tsunami" last night to Dreamer and then we have the Japan news this morning. Kind of creepy. Aftermath to hit Hawaii and West Coast in about an hour. Sarge is gonna be way more selective in his choice of words today!

Have a good day all!

dcapulet
03-11-2011, 08:11 AM
PVT dcap reporting in, sarge - Yesterday morning, I walk/ran 35 minutes. Last night, 60 min aerobics/weights for a total of 90 min. Plus 5 MORE pullups!

For fitness Friday - family rock climbing to help get us all fit. AND - five more SOMETHING...

What are YOU doing for workout weekend, everyone!!??

JayTee
03-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Hey hey Prvt. DCap!--Nice to have you report in... Nice work for the week. Love the 5's!

It sounds like we're gonna have some great numbers on pounds lost by all come Sunday.

Sarge is lacing up his running boots right now. The sun it out and there is a 10K on the horizon that I can't say Sarge is "excited" about, but is gonna run nonetheless.

Get out there and DO IT PLATOON!

VickieLou
03-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Good Morning Sarge. Good Morning Platoon.

Are we Ready to Melt some Butt-er!

Heading out to the Gym soon to do some Cardio.

I weighed in at 221 today. I reached my Goal weight loss of -3 Lbs today.
I Lost -3.2. Good Luck, Platoon!

MadamButterfly
03-11-2011, 11:40 AM
GOOD MORNING SARGE AND ALL RECRUITS . . .

REPORTING IN TO LET YOU KNOW I'M STILL ALIVE AND HUMPING MY BUTT-ER . . . LOTS OF H2O, VEGGIES, FRUITS AND GOOD PROTEINS . . . CAUGHT A FISH OUT OF THE STREAM THAT RUNS UNDER THE HOOCH, TRADED SOME BANANAS FOR APPLES AND RAIDED THE GARDEN TO MAKE SOME VEGGIE SOUP, GREEN BEANS, CORN, TOMATOES, ONIONS, CELERY, POTATOS AND SO MUCH MORE, ALSO MANAGED TO SNEAK SOME WILD RICE OUT OF THE KITCHEN WHEN I WAS PASSING THROUGH THERE AND MADE A WONDERFUL SOUP . . . STILL DOING 400 CRUNCHES ON THE DAYS I DON'T DO JM NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES, 1 ARM PUSH-UPS ARE BEING DONE WITHOUT A PILLOW NOW . . . GOING A BIT LOWER NOW, BUT STILL NOT QUITE ALL THE WAY DOWN, MAYBE BY SUNDAY . . .

I'VE READ THROUGH ALL THE POSTS AND IT LOOKS LIKE ALL THE RECRUITS ARE DOING WELL, RESISTING TEMPTATION, RUNNING IN THE RAIN AND BALLS TO THE WALL . . . (no offense resolute)

SO EVERYONE KEEP MELTIN' THAT BUTTER . . .

MISSING EVERYONE AND POSTING REGULARLY, BUT SOMETIMES LIFE'S MISSION GETS IN THE WAY . . . SIGNING OFF FOR NOW AND WILL BE CHECKING IN AGAIN ASAP.

MADAMBUTTERFLYGOO

JayTee
03-11-2011, 11:47 AM
LISTEN UP PLATOON!!! REPORTS OF SUCCESS STARTING TO ROLL IN! DRUM ROLL PLEASE FOR PVT. VICKIELOU HAVING MET HER PLEDGE FOR THE WEEK!!!!

Sarge = 2
RainbowMILES = 5
Peanutt = 1.5
Dreamer = 2
Rainbow84uk = 2
dcapulet = 2
resolute = 4.1
anni3d = 2
VickieLou = 3 //// (-3.2)
CocoLoco = 3
Cheshire = 1.5
Courtney = 3
MadamGoo = 2.2
Carosmith = 2
Sindaena = 1.5
WannaBFish = 2
Linkypie = 3

Congrats VickieLou! Way to go beyond the call of duty! As I recall the platoon promised 40.3 lbs. for the week. Now we've only got 37.1 to go!

Cheshire--Thanks for your chatter this morning. I wasn't "feeling" my 10K today, under pace for personal best so I bagged time and went 7 miles instead because I read that in your plan for the day. So thanks for that!

Carry on!

katy trail
03-11-2011, 12:01 PM
pvt katy trail reporting for duty. going to get that butt-er off sir! good thing my name is trail, because that's where i'll be this week. and walking or running up my stairs at home all day.

SMSDREAMER2007
03-11-2011, 12:02 PM

Wow, I used the phrase "sending Will Power Dust Tsunami" last night to Dreamer and then we have the Japan news this morning. Kind of creepy. Aftermath to hit Hawaii and West Coast in about an hour. Sarge is gonna be way more selective in his choice of words today!

I think so sarge Seeing as I live on the west coast.....about an hr from the coast :p Every one of my friends overseas are iming me left and right worrying about me and the impending tsunami supposed to hit oregon (where I live). Anyway jsut checkign in with whole wheat bagel in hand...gonna lace up my sneakers in a min. I have errands today so I have to run early. Good luck to all on weigh ins in the next 2 days!!!

pvt dreamer out.

JayTee
03-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Welcome Pvt. KatyTrail! By Sunday let Sarge know how many pounds you pledge to lose next week and we'll add you to the toteboard! Glad to have new recruits!!! Now hit the gym!

MadameB--better coordinates needed for rescue! On the other hand you seem to be doing pretty well for yourself. Perhaps an extended stay?!?!?!
Chat when it's safe!

Dreamer -- seek high ground!

Sarge out...

Sindaena
03-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Pvt Sindaena reporting in. I did my leg workout in early AM and then took a nap, lol. Back up and at em, and my ankle seems ok, so planning to run later this evening. Looking forward to the weekend to catch up on lost sleep and rest days.

SMSDREAMER2007
03-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Pvt dreamer reporting in.....operation drowned rat day 3 was a bust. I didnt rain on my run it was cloudy and SUNNY! lolol . I walked for 45 mins with spurts of running intermittently. Eating my egg whiles now. Got errands to do. Oh and jsut for you sarge when I did my weights I added in 5 twists and 5 extra lunges ! hehe have fun platoon HIT THE GYM!