WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for March, 2011

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for March, 2011

Tina
03-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Welcome to the March thread.
To anyone new, we are a great bunch who give encouragement and have lots of fun, too. :D

janelle, how's the baby doing? Has your son calmed down a little. :) I know it's so exciting.

Susan, how is school going? I hope no student has accidently hit you in the nose.
Jeanne, you are a busy girl with your new business. Are you doing everything yourself?
Dori, how are you and Justin doing OP?

Mimi, you are doing so good with your weight loss. I'd love your secrets.

Maureen, any more snow? It won't be long before your whole condo looks like a brand new one.

farmgirl and ems, we miss you two.

Tammy, I hope your chemo is going well this week.

Please forgive if I left anyone's name out.

With all the Easter candy out already, I decided to go buy some small baskets. That's not an easy task. I finally found some tiny ones, after going many places. I figured that I'd better get them now before they're all sold out. :dizzy: I'm going to be industrious and fix them for people at Larry's office.
Hey, I'm actually losing some weight!!!!!
:irish:

jar1965
03-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Happy March everyone!!!!

Good job to all the losers this week!:carrot:

Tina - yes, it is just me and yea, I've been pretty busy! I love it!

TOM here ........ so no WI for me this week!:p

Have a great day! We have sunshine and clear skies....(for now anyways) and it's still pretty cold. I think I'm going to put my spring flag and flowers out on the porch today! Time to take down the snowman stuff!

Have a great day and drink that water!!!!!!!

shcirerf
03-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Good morning. The baby and parents are doing well. Trish is still pretty sore from the c-section, but getting along ok. Got to see them Thursday evening for a bit. This granny business if fun!

It's supposed to blizzard here, Mon/Tues. While it's not good for the guys with cattle, I would love to have a snow day and stay home and veg out.

Great job to everyone staying on plan!

Tina
03-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Happy Saturday! :dance:

Hey, I thought spring was here. We're going to be down in the lower 40's tonight and tomorrow night. Boo
Usually, once it gets up to 80, that's it for cold. Oh well. :dizzy:

Jeanne, I hope your things sell well today.

Janelle, that is so great about the baby. I know you're having fun. Have you bought the baby lots of things yet?

How's everyone doing????????????????????????????????????????/

Larry is changing our PCs today. I'll be offline for a few hours. Oh No!!!:(:(:(

auntie
03-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I can't believe it's March.... guess that means summer will be here soon :)

I've been so busy with school! I haven't even gotten on the computer for fun. So sorry I've been MIA. It's hard to type much on my phone and I always notice I misspell words. I don't like that!

Pat's band is playing tonight. I wanted to go but yesterday afternoon, I felt horrible. Came home from school instead of bowling, laid down and then went to bed at 8:30 pm. I woke up at 7:30 this morning and have slept all day! I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

I don't know much! Everyone take care!

Tina
03-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi,
Susan, I'm so sorry you are sooooo tired. I feel that way tonight. I'ms sure all that sleep will help you.
Where was Pat's band playing tonight?

We had Chinese food tonight I'm so thirsty now. :lol: I'm sure I'll have lots of water retention tomorrow.

Tina
03-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Okay, no one is posting today. :(
Maureen, what's new with you? Did you work on your house this weekend?
Susan, I hope you feel better now. Sleep is so good for you.
Mimi, what kinds of exercise are you doing?
Jeanne, come up for air! :lol:
Dori, I miss hearing from you.
Janelle, you must've had a busy day today.
farmgirl, we miss you, too.

We got a new PC. Tonight, we spent 1 1/2 hours with A.T.& T. getting the e-mail accounts set up correctly. What a mess!

Y'all have a good Tuesday.

shcirerf
03-08-2011, 10:08 PM
WI today. Down another pound. I was surprised. I really struggled last week. With the hub being sick the last year a lot of stress. I finally had a major melt down Friday night. Had a screeching, yelling bawling FIT! Been feeling much better since. Got my focus back too!

Just needed to unload, I knew it was coming, but just couldn't seem to get it worked out.

I think Hubby needed to hear my side, and actually HEAR it. Not give me the well, you should be me speech. Sometimes, ya have to whack that ole redneck upside the head and get his attention before you talk to him. (I didn't whack him, although it crossed my mind:D)

auntie
03-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing well. I finally feel better yea! Not sure what I had but it wasn't fun!

Tina, Pat played in Fort Worth. It's actually one of my favorite clubs to go to with him. I was dissapointed but there was no way I could have gone.

Spring break is next week. Pat wants me to go spend time with my mom. I was planning on it but he thinks I need to go for longer. I'm kind of glad. It will be a tough week for her. It will be a year since Daddy died. Hard to believe! It seems like yesterday!

This year for Lent, I'm going to eat right and exercise.

auntie
03-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Janelle,
We must have been posting at the same time. You have been under a lot of stress! You can have a melt down........ You made me smile about whacking your husband. Sounds like something I would say. How is that grand baby?

shcirerf
03-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Everyone is doing great! Growing like a weed. This granny business is much fun!:D

Gotta run, that work thing.:( Be back later.

shcirerf
03-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Welcome mrsmatt. I have twin boys, but they are 30 yo.

Tina
03-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Hi all,
Meghan :welcome3: You can fit right in here.:D
I'm Tina and am a Lifetimer who is slowly losing back to my goal weight. Some weeks are slower than others. :lol:
We'd love for you to stay with us. How wondeful that you have twins!!!

janelle, Good for you!!! You needed to let loose. Having all that stress bottled up is no good. You don't want a heart attack!:o

Susan, it's good you can go home and be with your mom. It's been 2 years since my mother passed away. Time goes by quickly.

Jeanne, how's the business?

Dori, Maureen, Mimi, everyone else-----we miss y'all.

:flow1:

auntie
03-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Hi All,

Welcome Meghan! Congratulations on the twins! We are glad you joined us.

I'm Susan. I live in the Dallas area. I've been lifetime forever but have to loose a lot to get back to goal.

Ok.... let's say... I WORKED HARD FOR MY PAY TODAY. Let's see.. got punched, slapped, scratched and poked with a pen! I'm exhausted!!!!

I'm glad that spring break is close by!!! I'm excited about seeing Momma! I'm not sure what we'll do but I know we'll find something to do!

Tina, I remember when you lost your mom. It's hard to believe that it's been 2 years.

Janelle, glad everyone is doing well and growing fast!

Jeanne, You are busy as a bee!!!! You didn't have much down time did you?

Tammy, HUGS!!!!! how are you?

Maureen & Mimi, is it still cold in Canada?

I think spring is just around the corner!

Have a great evening!

maureen kempster
03-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Hi all

Welcome Meghan
I'm Maureen & I too am a lifetime member trying to get back to goal weight. I'm almost there this time after finally realizing that I really do have to watch what I eat & I write everything down. I'm on week 35 of doing this pretty faithfully. A few slips here and there but my Lord I'm human!! I live in Gatineau, Quebec which is in the National Capital Region-I work in downtown Ottawa.
Janelle, thanks for my morning laugh. I can just picture you blowing up. Good for you it's not good for your health to hold it in.
Susan, you should get danger pay. Glad you're getting to see your Mom. As for the weather here - it's not too cold(it would be for you & Tina) but they're predicting more bloody snow.
Well, I'd better run and if I missed anyone - hello hello hello
5 AM comes early

maureen

Tina
03-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Hello, hello, hello---
It is a beautiful day here....just stay out of the wind. :D
I went to Home Depot to look for flowers. Wow, they'd just gotten in so many beautiful things.
Since I live where I don't have any green space, I have to use a few pots. I bought 2 dahlias and 1 daisy and some white alysium. Now, I need Larry to go buy a bag of potting soil. (I'm still afraid of picking up anything heavy.)

Now, it's time for lunch and there's nothing in the house. What will I do! :lol: :lol:

auntie
03-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Hi,
Today was a more peaceful day! I'm so thankful! Only one more day til break! :carrot: YEA!!!!!

Nothing new here but wanted to say hi.

Tina, I would like to get flowers but we still have a chance of freezing still. Soon it will be warm enough.

Tina
03-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Happy Saturday :carrot:
What's going on?

auntie
03-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Not much is going on here. I should be hurry to get my bags packed but I'll do it tomorrow at the LAST minute like usual. I told Pat, Momma was excited about me coming. He said "See aren't you glad I said go all week?" He is a silly boy! I'm not sure what we are going to do but I do know that I'm going to take inventory of her books and then get her some new ones. She loves Danielle Steele.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

maureen kempster
03-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Just stopping by while I eat lunch to say hello. Hope everyone is having a good day. Changed the time last night so today seems to be going pretty fast. Lots to do, I want to try and get my storage room organized etc-I've been putting it off long enough.

I hope we all have a great day on program

talk to you all later

maureen

PS Susan enjoy your time with your Mom

Tina
03-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Hi group, It's been a very busy day.
After church, we went to a pizza place. I had a little bit of salad and a few pieces of pizza. Then, we came home and worked on our presentation for the property valuation hearing that's on Tuesday. Yuck!

Maureen, I hope you got a lot done today.
How did everyone else do today???????

Tina
03-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi friends, What's going on?
janelle, how is your new g-baby doing? How's work and your husband? You are quiet. I hope everything is okay.
It's a beautiful day here. I'm going out to plant some flowers in my pots. I waited until now because it was pretty chilly here this morning--50's.

shcirerf
03-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Things are fine here. Just had a lot going on.

Down another 1.4 today at WI!:carrot: Only 10.4 to be back at goal.:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

In other good news, I'm going to Lincoln at the end of the month, with my son, for 3 days to a high school football coaching clinic at the University of Nebraska! I went 2 years ago with my son who is a HS FB coach. Looking forward to the break. It's a lot of fun, and I'll get a couple of days away from all my worries.

I'm not going to go crazy with food, and we will walk, walk, walk, but I am going to have one nice meal, in a place we don't have locally. Probably Olive Garden.

The most fun part of this trip is we get to spend Saturday morning watching the Cornhuskers football practice. And talk to the coaches and get their input on things. Talk to the players!

Can you tell I'm a fan? :D

The baby is doing great. Gaining weight and sleeping pretty well. Not totally thru the night but for about 5-6 hours a night. Mom is doing good as well. Daddy is a proud papa, that little girl is going to wrap that State Trooper around her little finger!

jar1965
03-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!! WELCOME Meghan!!!!! So nice to have you here!:carrot:

Things are quiet this week (so far) for me & Sweet Baby Depot! Soooooo, once again, I had a "talk" with myself & decided to get back at it! geeeez, it's easy to get off it. I decided that every morning it will be the FIRST thing I do (ww online, 3 fc & make my days plan) and it will be the last thing I do before I go to bed!!!! And after my day is set & figured out...,.I will check the business and all my personal emails & facebook. There! I said it oiut loud. Feel free to hold me accountable!;)

I've come tooooooooo far to blow it now!!!

Have a great day everyone!

jeanne

Tina
03-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I think everyone is Irish today, aren't they!

maureen kempster
03-21-2011, 05:44 AM
Good morning

Boy, have we ever been quiet. Susan, are you back home now? I hope you had a great time with your Mom.
Tina, how are you feeling? Are you still going to the gym or just using the treadmill at home? I envy all you southerners who are able to think of planting flowers now. They're calling for snow here today! It won't stay but enough is enough.

Marion, how are things with you?

Jeanne, hi, are you still busy, busy busy?

My brother-in-law's pretty much finished with the painting. A few more little things and it's done. He's been busy during the week with some other contracts so has only been able to paint at my place on the weekend. It's looking good.

I went shopping on the weekend for new clothes. Since July I've lost about 24 lbs so my pants were not fitting very well. I'm so happy to report that I went from a size 14 to a size 10!! Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyy

Well, I have to get going. Let's all have a great day on program

take care

maureen

Tina
03-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi All,
I agree that it has been way too quiet around here. I don't believe it has ever been this quiet. We've got to do something about that, don't we!!!!!

Maureen, I'm so proud of you. :carrot: :dance: :bravo:
Wow, going from a size 4 to a 10. So great!

Mimi, how are you doing?
Dori, are you and Justin still OP? How is school?
Susan, I know you were sorry to leave your mom. What all did you do?

Tammy, we miss you and hope you are feeling good.

janelle, how is work and how is your husband? How's that baby doing? :):):)
Jeanne, how was your weekend?

I use the treadmills at the gym now. Mine doesn't work. We need to get rid of that thing! I went to the gym this morning for a little while. I've been OP all day. I've got to begin journaling again.
Hope to hear from everyone soon.

shcirerf
03-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Down another .6 at WI tonight! Woot!

Been staying crazy at work. We've delivered puppies, baby calves, pinned broken leg in a dog, sewed up prolapses, and of course all the regular appts, and other walk ins. Now that the weather is warming up, the grooming is picking up too. I'm pooped.

Did a little yard work over the weekend, and got all my seeds started in my mini indoor greenhouse. Finally got it thru the hubbies head what I wanted for raised garden beds. He's happy, he won't have to roto till. But, he still has to build the boxes.

Tina
03-24-2011, 11:39 AM
janelle, :carrot: Yea for the loss. I'm waiting until tomorrow to step on that scale. :)
It sounds like you are so busy at work. Wow to your garden. What will you plant? I'm going to get a couple of hibiscus plants today.

Hi, everyone else!!!!!!!!!

Tina
03-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Greetings,
How was everyone's Friday?????
Maureen, when is your vacation?
Mimi, is it still snowing up there? I can't believe it is. Wow, what is your best month of the year---August? Just guessing. :lol:
Tammy, thinking about ya!
Susan, how is school?
Dori, we miss hearing from you.
farmgirl, how are you doing?
Jeanne, did you get things straightened out on fb?
janelle, you are so busy, too. Are your raised gardens finished yet?

Today, I went to a track and walked one mile. It was cloudy and breezy....too pretty to stay inside a gym.
We had Chinese food tonight. Of course, I'll have water retention tomorrow.
Drink your water!!!!!

Tina
03-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Good Morning,
Can you believe that March is about gone! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Everyone drink your water and have a great OP day.

Tina
03-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi again,
janelle, how is that baby doing? You are quiet.
Come to think of it---everyone is quiet around here. :(

I've got a pie recipe to share, as soon as I find it. :o

shcirerf
03-28-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm still around. We've been awfully busy at work, and I've been doing some spring cleaning, and got all my seeds started in my mini green house, in the spare bedroom.

The weather here has been it's usual crazy spring self. Snow, sleet, rain, thunder, lightening and sunshine today. :dizzy:

Going to Lincoln this weekend. Hoping to hit the Mongolian Grill. I looked up their nutrition info online. Yumm, great place for a WW to eat. Making plans to keep mostly on track, but will probably have one splurge meal.

Hubby had the stomach flu all weekend. Hope I don't get that yukky stuff.

shcirerf
03-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Down 1.6 at WI! 8.2 to go! *Pats self on back* lol.

Tina
03-29-2011, 10:11 PM
:carrot: Janelle, that's great!!!!! :carrot:

maureen kempster
03-30-2011, 05:39 AM
Way to go Janelle. I second Tina that this has been a quiet place lately. I know I'm guilty of not posting as often either. I picked up my Kia Soul last night. My brother did decide to buy my little Kia Rio from me-he'll take over the payments-he's getting a good deal too-I only have a little less than 3000 miles on my little car-I really think I'm out of my mind-I really didn't need a new car-but I did want that Soul-it's red.

I've been sticking to program pretty much-still journalizing and I'm now starting week 39-I'm stuck but if I'd just get back on my treadmill I might see that scale move.

Well, I hope we all have a great day

maureen

Tina
03-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Morning!
Maureen, that is so wonderful about your Kia. :dance:
I'm so glad your brother took your car. Red, my favorite car color!

Here's that pie recipe I like---
Key Lime Pie
1 reduced fat graham cracker pie crust
1 pkg (4 servings) sf lime Jell-O
1/4 c. boiling water
2 (6 oz.) key lime yogurts-light
1 (8 oz.) container ff Cool Whip, thawed
Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water and add yogurt. Fold in Cool Whip.
Spread in crust and chill for at least 2 hours.
8 servings
3 pts per serving (Now, this is the old pt. systerm I have no idea about Pts Plus. I wouldn't think it was much more.)

maureen kempster
04-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Good morning all

Well, I'm staying pretty much the same so I'm thinking that maybe I'm at the weight I should be at-what I have to do now is exercise and tone up-does anyone know a good dvd for exercising with weights? I think that's what I'd like to start doing. I can't seem to get motivated enough to get on my treadmill.

I know it's April now but Tina I don't know how to start a new thread lol

I hope we all have a great day on program

maureen