Old 03-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #1  
fat to fab

S/C/G: 326/294/150

Height: 5'8

Default Think this will be interesting .

What was the turning point for you to lose weight?
For me I think it was a combination of things, from feeling sick all the time, my health over all how i feel. Seeing 326 lbs on the scale instantly made tears roll down my face. How could i let myself get there? I never had problems about other people making me feel bad about my weight, or even tell me you need to change. When i met my husband, he didnt see my weight, he saw me. I love food and lots of it. I feel like i got so comfortable with my self, i ignored it, he made me feel beautiful, sexy etc that i said to the **** with it. Now I want a family, a healthy life, at that a long one. I realized no one can do this for me, only me. How could i just let my self go? Im done with my comfort zone, im ready to become the person i feel like i am. I no longer want to be just the fat funny girl to everyone. I joke about my weight all the time, and im done. I started at like i mentioned 326 and am now down to 297, all i can say is watch out because the real me in coming!
sierra51390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #2  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

My weight had been going up and down with health issues and pregnancies for years but I think Valentine's Day was my kicker to really stop playing around. My hubby bought me a box of chocolate truffles and I finished it off in 2-3 days and put back on the few pounds I had lost the previous few weeks. My acid reflux really started to flare-up also and I just had a epiphany that the docs were right. This is hurting me not only with acid reflux but I have had gestational diabetes twice and one day I may very well become diabetic but IT WILL happen if I don't get real and do what's healthy for me. It's a fact that I had been denying, putting it off, taking for granted there was time. There might be time but if I am gonna spend it eating junk, it's gonna run out fast. So there you have it...Plain and simple. I am fighting to keep my health. One more thing, I recently found some relief for my arthritis and I feel indebted to repay that blessing my doing my best towards my health. If not now, while I can, when will I ever get past this 50 lbs?

Last edited by 4star; 03-02-2011 at 03:18 PM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I was disgusted with myself and angry (at every situation around me including my breakup I was going through), and it probably helped a bit that everyone else around me when I went home told me how fat I was and should lose weight. Not to mention my break up gave me motivation as well. Sometimes you realize things yourself in life but you need the negativity around you to push you harder to move from it and work at it. at least I did at that point in my life. (I thrive of negativity on other's it allows me to push myself over the limits...I gotta change that though and realize that positive reenforcements are also good and not to want to quit when people are cheering you on)
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Got dumped, broke my ankle and couldn't move... I just got. Fed. Up.

Some people do need that moment of defeat to get that fire going, while others just wake up and the lightbulb has gone off. I so wish that I was in the latter category.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #5  
fat to fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Got dumped, broke my ankle and couldn't move... I just got. Fed. Up.

Some people do need that moment of defeat to get that fire going, while others just wake up and the lightbulb has gone off. I so wish that I was in the latter category.
Although that would be great, be very happy you are doing it. Everyday you wake up is a great day, what we want to with it is our choice which is the beautiful thing.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I don't think there was a specific event that started my weight-loss project. I just got honest with myself about how much weight I had gained over the past few months (post-wedding "love weight") and decided to turn it around.

Since I started the project though, I found out I have a genetic predisposition to Type II diabetes - that plus a slightly high fasting blood glucose test have provided HUGE motivation to keep losing weight, start working out, and keep my (currently) good health. I hope that this motivation will stay with me for life because I really don't want to develop diabetes (even gestational diabetes)!

Thirdly, right now I'm reading Good Calories, Bad Calories and it is blowing my mind. I hope it contributes to my permanent dietary changes.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Precisely. I just wish I had "chosen" to "make that choice" many years sooner
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #8  
fat to fab

Me too, its hard. You look so good, i hope that will be me soon.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

As terrible as this sounds? I didnt want to end up like my
Mom, grandma, cousins, uncles, aunts (all on my moms side). A few on my dads side too (he is a small guy).

I seen some pictures of my self and good lord. Yuck!
Also I didn't ever feel sexy! I also want to have kids! I don't want to be obese and preg.
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7

The true turning point for me was when I was sitting down on a chair and saw my reflection in the mirror. My back looked huge. A week later I started my journey.
The Chubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #11  
fat to fab

I can relate to the picture thing, i cant even take full body pictures or ill delete them. Maybe a goal can be to get pictures taken when i hit my goal weight.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

My daughter. She was born in August, & the summer before I had dropped 28lbs in order to have a healthy pregnancy (after losing 2 pregnancies - not weight-related). I want to be happy & healthy, & the best possible example I can be for her. I don't want her to struggle with weight issues - I want us to set the standard, show her how to eat right, & to always be active.

Plus, I want to be the mom at school every morning who all the other moms hate because I'm so hot. I want to be a MILF.
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/168/125

Height: 5'2

I had tried to lose weight before but the scale wouldn't budge (no matter what I did). My belly area got bigger and bigger and my pants were starting to fall down (but not in a good way). I went to my Doctor and told her that everything was out of control, I worked a physical job and didn't eat as much as my weight suggested. Something was wrong! She looked at me and told me to jog around the block. I told her been..there..done..that! Well one night I had an inspiring dream telling me to switch Doctors, so I did (thank God!) My new Doctor discovered my Diabetes and Sleep apnea and is treating me for both that and my Hypothyroidism. She weighs me every time I go in her office and congratulates me on my weight loss. My other Doctor never weighed me once, it wasn't part of her practice. Once my medical problems got more in line and I attempted again to lose weight (again), I saw the scale moved downward. Then I realized that I could do this! I always wanted to lose weight but I just needed a little help.

Last edited by Dusti; 03-02-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: update
Dusti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

@Dusti - OMG! That's insane. That lady shouldn't be practicing medicine. You poor thing! So glad you are seeing a good dr who takes care of you!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

To the OP, you need to forgive yourself for letting yourself gain the weight. I was in the same mindset as you about 45lbs ago, and I decided to forgive myself, move on from the past and start to focus on my future. That worked wonders for me.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote