Faith Based Support Groups - My 16 Year Old Little Cousin is an Angel

hpnodat
03-02-2011, 10:03 AM
I have lots of younger cousins but this one is very special to me because she is like a wise old woman but in a 16 year old body. This little chick has got it going on. She says things to me that constantly has me in awe.

I told her that this is my year for me. I'm making a commitment to myself and to God to heal my body, mind & soul. I told her right now I'm trying to focus on getting my body healthy and she says to me, "you can just do what I do". I was thinking to myself, what on earth could she tell me about dieting that I don't already know. I asked her what it is that she does, and she said "I ask myself is this food something that Jesus would eat and if it's not then I don't eat it".

How simple is that? What would Jesus eat?

No, I don't think Jesus would eat a whole bag of doritoes in one sitting, I don't think he'd eat that whopper from BK or those fries from Mcdonalds. I don't even think he'd touch that donut either. I think he'd probably eat all those wonderful whole foods we have available to us.

So lately, whenever I have a craving for something, I've been asking myself if it's something Jesus would eat. lol

bargoo
03-02-2011, 10:34 AM
What a wise teenager . Surely God has a wonderful plan for her life.

guamvixen
03-02-2011, 11:57 AM
So cute! Gave me goosebumps! Makes perfect sense.

beerab
03-02-2011, 01:03 PM
WWJE I love it :)

Fairy
03-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Lol that's a good plan, except I wouldn't know what Jesus would eat.. I reckon he'd love pizza ;)

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-02-2011, 04:21 PM
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO? You know, that IS something that some of us have considered along the way; but like FAIRY says, we may have to do a lot of supposin' on our part.

I read a neat daily devotional recently that was talking about something PAUL mentions about "CHOOSING THE MORE EXCELLENT WAY" (Romans 2:18 & Philip 1:10); and since then, I have been asking myself this question ...

Is this THE MOST EXCELLENT CHOICE for optimum health?

So, by all means, if asking yourself these questions helps you to make healthier choices, I say -- GO FOR IT; and thanks for sharing your young cousin's clever thoughts with us here -- we really appreciate it! :D

FAIRY ~ :lol: I know that I love Pizza; and I would think that JESUS would like it too ... but would he eat it? Hmmm ... I don't know! From the scriptures, we do know that JESUS ate a lot of FISH & whole grain breads (wheat & barley loaves), plus some butter & honey. ;)

EZMONEY
03-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Lol that's a good plan, except I wouldn't know what Jesus would eat.. I reckon he'd love pizza ;)

I sure hope so FAIRY!! :D

Way cool to your niece HPNODAT :)

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-06-2011, 07:40 PM
YES, GARY ~ I agree with you and FAIRY on this one; I kept thinking about this thread while doing my devotions today. JESUS ate whatever everyone else was eating in His day; and I'm sure He would love pizza too. Ya, He would eat pizza, but just not too much ... ;)

bargoo
03-06-2011, 08:01 PM
I wonder if Jesus would order Kosher Pizza. He is a Jew after all.

fattymcfatty
03-06-2011, 08:10 PM
I think Jesus would prefer the thin "NY" style crust over "Deep Dish Chicago"...

:)