Faith Based Support Groups - Christian Encouragers ~ March

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers ~ March

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-01-2011, 10:45 PM
:angel: Welcome Friends :angel:
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

:angel:

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-01-2011, 10:54 PM
WELCOME ~ to the new MARCH Christian Encourager's Chat Thread; glad that you could join us over here ... have a great March, and stay warm ... ;)

----------------------------------------------------

(Thought I'd move today's post over here from the old thread too)

We have a blizzard ***** storm on the rage here right now; started just before dinner, but the winds started around noon -- that was a sign of things to come. Everybody is home and keeping safe & warm tonight. Had a good day; resting my knee well.

Had a 6" bunwich & soup for lunch; chicken & roasted veggies for dinner; a good day on plan. Yesterday wasn't so good, so I had a very light dinner to make up for that and it worked out well for me. Back on target after that and for today as well. Yeah! :D

It's time for some TEA! Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone; hello to all our MIA's -- hope you and yours are well; take good care ... Rosebud :flow2:

rissimo
03-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Good Morning everyone.....Welcome Meghan......Today is the second day of week 2 on the South Beach Diet and I weighed myself this morning and I have put 2 pounds back on. I have been following this eating plan to a T, with the exception of the 6 lemon cookies on day 3 of week one. Not very encouraging to say the least. But I will continue on..........

I do have to say that I am very proud of myself tho...Yesterday we had food day here at work to celebrate birthday's. ALOT of wonderful smelling food!!! One of the girls brought in Krispy Kreme Donuts, which by the way it my weakness, I could eat a whole box by myself, but I didn't even eat one. They all had to go downstairs for training and I was up here by myself for over an hour and I did not leave my desk and walk over there. Not that I didn't think about it mind you, I kept asking myself, "Who would know?" Then I thought, I would know, the Lord would know and those two people are the two most important people and I would let both of them down if I went over there. So everytime I thought about it, I would pray. I made it thru the day!!!!

Now, if I could just get up the strength and energy to exercsie I think I would be doing alot better. It's not that I don't like to exercise, I love to, I just like sitting aroung more. And I really need to change my attitude on that.

Today I am having:
(B) 2 mini quiches with canadian bacon
(S) Celery with Laughing Cow Cheese
(L) Green Salad w/ 3 Bean salad on it...Sugar Free Jello
(S) String cheese
(D) Baked Chicken with Steamed Broccoli and Sauteed Cabbage
And to drink all day...WATER, WATER, WATER and more WATER

bargoo
03-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Welcome Meghan and good luck !

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-02-2011, 04:12 PM
:welcome3: MEGHAN ~ looks like you have a little baby with you in your Avatar; glad you found us over here. Does your church have a special health program going on there?

I was just sharing in another thread here on this forum (the 16 y/o Angel one) about a daily devotional I read recently that talked about CHOOSING A MORE EXCELLENT WAY ... (Romans 2:18 & Philip 1:10: "approve the things that are more excellent"), so I am asking myself this question now ...

Is this THE MOST EXCELLENT CHOICE for optimum health?

If I had asked myself that the other day at the store, I would have passed up on the bag of salty, crunchy, carby munchies, I think; it was a smaller bag of baked crisps, but later on, I realized that they had too many calories for a snack and too much salt -- so lesson learned, and on we go from here ... :D

MARISSA ~ I agree -- good for you for making the MORE EXCELLENT CHOICE to avoid all those donuts a la creme; all that sugar is not good for us. The problem isn't having one, but can we stop at one? Sometimes, I do allow myself one of something (about once a month), but I have to choose carefully since it is only one serving of something. ;)

That's the lesson about choices that I am learning; to choose ONE SERVING of something. I was able to rectify the situation this time by eating a very small, light dinner and skipped my evening snack that day too. Next time, I hope to make the MORE EXCELLENT CHOICE and say PASS ... :lol:

Well, that storm passed through and we have had lovely :sunny: all day long. I put the leftover chicken in my crockpot with some veggies & small new potatoes, so we are having a kind of stew for dinner tonight; boy, it smells good in here. :)

Have a wonderful day friends ... Rosebud :flow2:

EZMONEY
03-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi Ladies....home for the week-end...I will catch up

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-04-2011, 08:13 PM
:wave: HI GARY ~ have a restful weekend ...

We had lots of :sunny: this week; very spoiled. Today was fairly mild for March at about 0 C or 32 F. We had some ***** during the night; but not too much. Just stayed home this week and let DH do all the errands; my knee seems to be getting better with each passing day.

I just finished another book called "TISHA" (which was a nickname for "teacher") about a brave young teacher who went to teach up in Alaska in 1927. A true story about all the adventures she encountered there; it was a very intriguing story -- loved it.

We had baked fish and chips (I had a few sweet potato fries) with coleslaw and sliced tomatoes tonight; it was a quick & easy thing to have on a Friday night. Did well for the rest of this week eating and living healthy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend ... Rosebud :flow2:

rissimo
03-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Hello Everyone. Well I have survived another day on this diet. I have to say that ever since I have started it I have not had one problem with my acid reflux.

I just got home for the best concerts....Winter Jam. I really enjoyed it. If it comes anywhere near any of you, you should really go. It was so AWESOME!!!!

EZMONEY
03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
HI GALS ~ :hug:

Well I am having a nice day home :carrot: Angie and I were not able to walk to Starbucks this morning as she had to sub at the yoga studio but we still got in a nice 3 mile walk in the neighborhood with the mutts. A glorious morning! we are having wonderful weather here :) In fact we are going to church tonight so we can take the dogs to the beach tomorrow for a 4 mile walk then breakfast at the beach cafe...if the rain expected tomorrow afternoon holds out :crossed:

Being out of town sure makes for a short week-end though...got home just in time to shower then go do :love: date night :love: at a new neighborhood bar and grill that opened up...loved it! I think it will become our new "burger" joint when we go out for burgers :) Then a weeks worth of drywall laundry, vacuum, loading up gear for next week.....goes fast. I was able to take a short nap while Angie did some sewing after bell choir practice at church and :yoga: yoga at the studio.

We will do some shopping at the produce market after church tonight then maybe a Costco run tomorrow after the beach...maybe I will be home in time for a little NASCAR and basketball ;)

So good to see MARISSA and MEGHAN joining us :welcome3:

Well I will try and check in tomorrow before I head back to 90210 for the week :hug:

EZMONEY
03-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi Gals ~

Well Angie and I did get to the beach this morning for our walk with the mutts then tried a new beach cafe that was really great! A vegan type place...with dairy and meat options...a little pricey but we knew that going in. We sat outside of course since we had the dogs...the waitresses just loved them of course! Got our 4 miles in and a healthy breakfast!

Went to Costco where we ran into my sister and niece just coming from church, they said we were lucky to have gone to church Saturday night since the morning service was Lutheran Schools Week stuff...a lot of children singing and presenting...always a fun time but it can be long! Then my son called and said the same thing!...lol...Hard for Lutherans to sit for 1.5 hours! Angie and I were out in 59 min. on Saturday night!!! So blessed to be there....also re-saw the sermon on Facebook this afternoon.

Have a great week ladies...I will be gone for the entire week more than likely...but you never know...sometimes I just sneak on home...ha-ha..

Be good, Gary

Bootsie
03-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Hey everyone! I just got through with Dog & Cat day at our store. Rabies drive ect.... Today went to Johnson City to our Aunt in the nursing home and she is not doing good at all. It might of been our last talk she is in bad shape. Still leading with the ministry and everyone is doing good so proud of them. We need rain again seems like for the past 6 years we have been dry and things are getting bad around here Nursing Homes just closing no warning. Seems like they could of known what was fixing to happen. Gas is almost 4.00 around here 3.50 for regular. Prices are getting so high it is unreal, feed has almost gone up 3.00 a bag some more. Sounds like we are all going to have to tighten our belts this year.

AuntLoopy
03-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Hi all! Sorry for the longer-than-usual absence. The last time that I was online was last Thursday. I'd just come home from work early after fainting while getting my annual lupus blood draw -- 14 vials, taken one at a time with much wiggling of the catheter and loud exclamations of confusion by the facility's phlebotomists who'd never seen such a test panel before. I made it home, checked my e-mail, then headed for the bathroom. There were a bunch of water company guys down at the end of the road, poking around in a manhole.

A few minutes later, I felt a hot wind on my sensitive areas, and stood up a split second before a fiery explosion blew the commode right off its moorings! I was knocked into the wall, broke the towel rack with my back, got chemical and flame burns on my face, and received a mild concussion.

I eventually roused myself enough to call my husband, who found me down at the bottom of the road, wearing a bag of frozen veggies on my head and screeching at the water company executive who had just arrived on the scene.

We were told that we would be reimbursed for the ER and a night's stay at a motel, and that employees would repair our bathroom and the pipes leading to our fixtures on the next morning. Neither of which actually happened. After spending all day Friday walking down to the Exxon station to use the facilities, I finally drove to the hardware store, bought a new wax seal for the commode, borrowed my friend's plumbing snake, and made enough repairs to hold us for the weekend. We still haven't seen the promised repairmen, and the supervisor isn't returning our calls about the financial issues.

Anyways, it was business as usual at church and chaplaincies on Sunday; I look like a lobster, and I walk funny (I have reinjured an old vertebral fracture from my girly football days), but I'm still getting 'er done. We survived The Great Sewer Explosion of 2011 -- and we weren't the only ones who came home that night to a bathroom in ruins. I'm seriously thinking about making T-shirts for all the neighbors.

And I am probably taking things to an unnecessary extreme -- but I made a point of staying on the WW program and my church's partial fasting regimen (21 days without desserts and meats) during the event and its aftermath, even while the water and cooking gas had been shut off at our end of the road.

I hadn't lost a lot of weight in the week before -- I think that my body had adjusted to the diet and the fasting. But neither did I have to get back on the "horse" after my most excellent adventures. It's easier to stay in the saddle than to mount up again after falling off the horse.

Bootsie
03-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Good Grief Charlie Brown! Auntie I thought I was the only one things unusual happened too but you take the cake . It is a wonder you wasn't killed! So glad kept you safe but you do need to get yourself to a doctor if you have not already!

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-07-2011, 07:59 PM
AUNTY ~ that sure was an adventure; but most excellent, I'm not sure. We are very glad you are OK. I agree that you should get yourself checked out to be on the safe side. Sending up prayers that you will heal up quickly with no lasting scars or damage. :hug:

HEY BOOTSIE ~ nice to hear from you again; glad all is going well with the animals and your counselling. Our gas has been going up too; we are at $6.45 a gallon right now (today is $1.29 a liter/5 liters in an US gallon). Our feed is much higher here, but then most everything is in Canada. ;)

GARY ~ glad you had some fun down time this weekend even if it was busy one; have a great workweek ...

We have been blessed with lovely :sunny: for a few days now; the temps are a bit colder at night and you can feel it, but it is supposed to warm up as the week goes on. My left knee is feeling better each day -- am starting to use the canes for a little while each day to do some walking around here, then go back to the crutches for the evening to rest them.

Doing some reading & puzzles at night to pass the time; we had a nice leaner prime rib roast with lots of veggies yesterday and today. Hope you all have a wonderful week with not too many unexpected adventures .... Rosebud :flow2:

Bootsie
03-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Rosebud 6.45 a gallon why these old Texans would just have a hootin fit if gas gets that high! No one could afford a job unless they could walk to it! You live in the snow and you pay such high prices just to live, I honestly don't see how you do it!
My husband loves puzzles crosswords that is, never me I like to whittle and work with my animals. I think I am going to buy some more stuff up ,just in case we really get into bad times. So glad your knee is somewhat better but we want to hear it is all better soon praying for you Rosebud.

bargoo
03-07-2011, 09:59 PM
AuntLoopy. if that doesn't beat all getting blown off the commode !!!!! Keep on those people for every cent of reimbursement.

AuntLoopy
03-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Hi again everyone! I just wanted to reassure you that the DH got me to the emergency room immediately, frozen peas and all. I've got some skin damage (whether it's a burn or a reaction to all the poo-gas, I don't know), I re-injured my previously-broken vertebra that I've had since my girly-football days, and I had a mild concussion which has resolved.

If they don't reimburse us for the expenses, I may pay that concussion forward! :devil:

Oh 2 be me
03-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Mornign all! I'm new here (well, I was on here a yr or so ago). I'm Patty, live in NC w/ my husband and 20 yr old son. I go to school f/t work p/t. My daughter and sil live in TN and they are expecting our first grandchild!!!
anyway, look forward to meeting you all.

Aunt Loopie. I hope you are doing ok after all that ordeal. Wow! I would def. keep on them for reimbursment.

I have a bit of headache this morning due to some weather changes and maybe that hotdag I ate last night. Think I'm going to try to steer clear of nitrates for awhile. Seems they are in alot of processed meats.
I'm off to school. Waiting on a phone call as to when I need to go in for my stress test, then I'll head into work after school.

Ya'll have a blessed day.

bargoo
03-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Welcome back Patty !

ronni62
03-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Well, my goodness, a person's off here for a few days and things just go crazy!

Aunty, I sure hope you're feeling better-your sense of humor is good, that's for sure! I'd definitely be after whoever was in charge of the street/manhole work to get reimbursement, but don't let them have their employees do the repairs, because they're going to do things the cheapest, fastest way possible and may not be qualified to do the repairs. Just because someone works for the water company or the city or utility doesn't mean they know anything at all about fixing the problem you have-just look at what happened when they were working on what they were supposedly trained to do!! You might want to have your insurance company look at the damage and get estimates from independent contractors. And, get all your neighbors who were affected together so the company who caused the problems knows you're all banding together to get this situation taken care of.

Hope you all have a nice evening! We're expecting snow/ice again and I seem to have a flu bug, so we're just going to veg for the evening. Take care!

AuntLoopy
03-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi Ronni and all! Well, I went ahead and finished tightening up the plumbing today, and my water meter is running at the same rate as previously, so I'm guessing that there are no leaks outside the house underneath the yard. We Dutchies are pretty good at repairing things.

**boggles at the thought of paying somebody to fix things**

Anyways, the flu seems to be everywhere. The butcher shop was closed today because nobody was healthy enough to come in and cut the meat! It's a nasty flu; it's been killing nursing home patients all over the area. Which means that unless it's the same one for which we got flu shots in October, I'll have it soon myself. Hate the flu; it makes me just want to lie on the couch and eat Captain Crunch straight out of the box. So take care of yourself, ya?

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-09-2011, 10:13 PM
AUNTY ~ Yes, I understand what you mean about wanting to fix things yourself; my DH and I are the same becuz they charge so much here. We always fixed our own plumbing; and DH always tells people that's how we met -- he was helping to fix my plumbing ... ;)

I actually met him on his job; and he worked with my brother, so my brother started scheming how he could get us together. At first, I kept saying NO and NO again, as I wasn't sure what kinda person he was trying to set me up with; and I had long accepted that I wasn't meant to get married (there weren't a lot of good prospects in our small town, if you know what I mean). Of course, that is just when GOD decides to send a husband along, isn't it? He came all the way from out west; a French cowboy, no less! Whoda thunk, that was possible ... :lol:

HI RONNIE ~ Praying for all the folks out there with the flu; for you and those in the nursing homes; we know what that is like here too. I am praying that you have strong immune systems to battle those flus away!

BOOTSIE ~ you are so right about the high cost of living here; some Americans and Germans come here to fish & hunt; and they gasp at the prices of food and gas here. Our provincial gov has finally put our minimum wage up, but some feel it doesn't come close to where is should be. Greed is problem though, as the prices are jumping at ridiculous rates (ie the grocery prices go up every month, but our incomes don't). :dizzy:

HI PATTY ~ actually, I did remember you Patty; and we are glad that you came back again! :D

We've had milder temps here as this week goes along. My knee was a bit sore, but that could be the damp, milder weather; we have precip tonight as in *****. I just have to patient and let that knee heal; really all it needs is TIME ... thanks for all the prayers; I really appreciate them too!

Have a great Thursday everyone ... Rosebud :flow2:

P H A T
03-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Hola Chicas >> I found this wonderful thread just clickin' around :) bored at work .. LOL .. Since Im a Newbie to the forum, Ill introduce myself here ...My name is Desarae, ppl call me Desy ..I am a Christian; I was born & raised in the Church of Christ. Like most people, I fell away to "find myself" .. My family is extremely eclectic as far as beliefs go. My father's side of the family is Muslim, Mom's side is Christian, & I even have Jewish converts, Rastas & Pagans sprinkled in the mix .. I believe it has done me well to be open to so many paths & ways of life. At times I was confused with what I believed; God has given me natural inquisitiveness; so I question pretty much ... Everything .. lol.. but even with my thousands of questions I asked; I never was satisfied until I asked ^^ HIM ^^ ;; & he showed me !!! Soooo Im back at square one now, with a new found faith & belief ;; He Really does SHOW me things && He pushes me .. & When I gave my doubt over to Him.. well lets just say 'peace that surpasses all understanding' .. hehe :) anyway .. Im here & with HIS help, I know I can reach my goals for weight loss, to live a healthier life & be more energetic to do Better in ALL ways; including for HIm .. Man, that would be a great testimony...

Ill be here often, a little Christian encouragement is good for the soul.. God Bless :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-10-2011, 08:59 PM
:welcome: DESY ~ glad you found us over here; we are happy that you are joining our chat group. Sounds like you come from a mixed heritage too. What you say is so important for people to understand ...

... but even with my thousands of questions I asked; I never was satisfied until I asked ^^ HIM ^^ ;; & he showed me !!!

You can pray and ask a lot of questions about religion; and you can talk about and debate the bible for your whole life over -- and still not KNOW GOD! WHY? Because you need to go to the source ... to the LORD himself, and the bible says to do that over and over and over again. As Billy Graham always says, "GOD LOVES YOU, and HE wants a relationship WITH YOU!"

When you meet Him on those terms (His), then HE will show you His LOVE & GRACE & POWER in your daily life. It is simply about asking Him to reveal Himself to you personally: that is why we ask Him to come into our heart and life, so that He can help us become all that HE wants us to be. The Word says that GOD wants us to love Him with all our hearts and souls. He knows we can think. He knows we can intellectualize til the cows come home; but what He really wants is ~ your HEART & SOUL!

Not too much to ask, is it? :lol: That is where His Holy Spirit likes to do his work first -- in your heart. Becuz that is the place where LOVE GROWS best ... in the garden of your heart & soul! :D

It was really mild here today; we actually reached 50 F here. That's almost unheard of in March. So we went up town to do a bit of shopping; maybe overdid it a bit, so I am resting my legs tonight while I pop in here. Time for my tea now; hope everyone has a FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow ... Rosebud :flow2:

P H A T
03-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Yes, yes .. I'm just sitting here reading your post nodding my head back & forth.. :) isn't He awesome?

ahh ... as for the weather here in KY .. we actually had a couple flurries around 3:30pm. The weather here goes up & down constantly, it seems like it will never get warm !! Plus Im still trying to prepare myself for daylight savings time. Yay!! WE get to go to work an HOUR EARLY !!!! lol

maykatcooper
03-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I am so drained right now and yet am feeling so refreshed. I'm brand new on this site and just wanted to quickly check things out before dropping into slumber. I look forward to getting to know you all better. 1 John 5:14-15 is my life plan... seeking His will and praying for others. I am Kathy, a child of the King!

Oh 2 be me
03-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Morning all! I'm sitting here listening to the drip drip of rain. I think it is finally going out of here today. We had a bit of snow last night, not much, thankfully.
I am still hanging on here, reading posts, etc. Get to go the grocery store this weekend so plan on getting some good stuff to eat, prepare and plan for the week ahead.

One thing I'm having trouble with is my coffee intake vs. water intake. I go with my travel mug of coffee. I'm trying to break that and drink more water or even green tea. I'm going to buy some more green tea this weekend.

well, Ya'll have a blessed day!

bliss3244
03-11-2011, 09:33 AM
i would love to join the group...

weighted down
03-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Hi, I am recovering from major colon surgery I endured on Feb 9th :) and I've lost some weight. I have been working on weight loss for about 2 yrs but have had ups and down with the weight loss. In total I've lost about 50lbs.

Being overweight has always been a place of protection for me in many ways. With the biggest protection keeping men away from me. But since I've now lost 50lbs. men are starting to give me attention and this is TERRIFYING me!!! I'm supposed to be taking things slow due to the surgery but I'm finding myself eating more than I should and it's affecting my stomach and my emotions hugely. I feel like I'm in a war and I don't know how to win it.

Please pray for me. I know God has the wisdom for me to get past all this but I honestly feel very alone in what I'm dealing with. Thanks!

AuntLoopy
03-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi all and a special welcome to our newcomers! :D This is a great community of amazing people.

Today I was finally able to verbalize what makes me crazy about my Weight Watchers meeting. It's the fact that nobody seems to take it all seriously.

Perhaps it's just because I'm a cheap Pennsylvania Dutchie who hates spending $10 on a diet club. Or I'm just stubborn and pig-headed when I decide to do something.

But this week, the leader asked a question (apparently expecting to get a different answer): How many of you have lost weight every week since you came to WW?

I was the only person who raised her hand. And I was annoyed when she looked at me sternly, then turned away and said, "See, everyone has good weeks and bad weeks."

She went on to talk about indulgences and giving oneself a break, etc. And how we can always hop right back on the wagon if we fall off it.

This hasn't been my experience, not with dieting nor with life in general. We have a saying that it's easier to stay on a horse than to catch it and get back on. I spent today baking stuff for our church's regional conference dinners that don't fit into the WW plan. No problem, because the stuff is not gonna sprout wings and fly into my mouth. If I decide not to eat it, that's all there is to it.

There have been times in WW when I've been up all night, unable to sleep because I felt so hungry. I've spent days without water and cooking gas. I've been doing double shifts at work. But whether to overeat or not is still a decision, ya know? It's not like the old joke about the two Dutchie moonshiners. Every day, you could find them outside next to their still. First one of them would hold a shotgun to the other guy's head, and he'd take a drink. Then they'd switch. They'd keep it up till they were both drunk. (And that's how bad Dutchie moonshine is, folks!)

Am I alone in feeling that we ought to be able (especially as believers with the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit) to keep this thing under control? Truth is that I'd never bothered dieting till now. I'd always heard that it was difficult, and I come from a culture where women are allowed to get larger as they grow older. We LIKE eating! So when it became obvious that the DH and I needed to rein in our gluttony for health reasons, we just went to WW and learned how to eat healthy, and neither one of us has looked back.

So why all the angst at my WW meeting? Why isn't everyone just simply FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS? I mean, I looked at other diet plans before we committed to WW, and it is by far the most flexible plan out there. We don't even use the weekly allowance points because if we plan ahead (and we always do), we just don't need them. It's nice to know they're available, but so far we've never been in such a big emergency that we couldn't stop to pack a couple days of food before fleeing to the hills.

I am just not getting it. I mean, we write down each day's food plan on the night before. If something goes wrong (for instance, being stuck at work, or having something go bad in the refrigerator), we just stop and recalculate.

I'm not bragging. I'm just saying that it seems obvious that, if you want to lose weight and you're spending good money to join a diet club, why would you *NOT* follow the diet????

*sigh*

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-12-2011, 11:39 AM
:welcome: WEIGHT-DOWN ~ glad you have joined our Christian Chat Thread; prayers going up for good health in every area. For some people, losing weight is not their biggest problem but KEEPING IT OFF afterwards as old emotions spring up on them. Have you read my EMOTIONAL HEALING thread? Something there may help you a bit. Weight can be a shield for some people from some kinds of fears; but you can be healed of that in time. Often our fears are exaggerated; while they may start out from a very real cause, they can take on a life of their own after awhile and just stick around. It is good that you already recognize this in yourself; that is the first step to healing. Pray to JESUS about your fear of men; telling Him exactly what you fear and why. Then ask for healing of that in your mind, heart, body, and soul with GOD's PERFECT LOVE! (Perfect Love casts out fear; I John 4:18). It will take a bit of time, but this can heal ... :hug:

EDIT TO ADD ~ try to see attention from men as a compliment. Sometimes, UNwanted attention can be a bit unnerving, but ask for advice how to handle those few who get out of line.

:welcome2: KATHY ~ Yes, we can have confidence that when we ask GOD anything according to HIS will -- that He hears us and will help us (I John 5:14-15). Sometimes He says YES, sometimes He says NO, sometimes He says WAIT, and sometimes He says TRUST ... :)

:welcome3: BLISS ~ come on back and tell us a bit about yourself ... ;)

DESY ~ You sought Him with all your heart & soul; and He was faithful to answer you too ... :D

PATTY ~ I cut my coffee down to just 2 in the AM; and I have tea or water the rest of the day; I also like to have a chocolate Ovaltine or Mocha coffee now & then. In the summer when it's hot, I may have the odd diet soda too.

AUNTY ~ Congratulations on your wonderful successes so far. You have such determination, that I have no doubt that they will continue for you too -- what an encouragement you are for others who are starting a new health journey here.

As you know, everyone is different and everyone walks their own path. This is your first effort at losing weight on a diet; and some people find the first time or even 2nd or 3rd isn't that difficult, esp if you have found a plan you like and you have a lot of willpower (I know that I had tons of willpower over my life so I lost piles of weight over & over). You are just starting your journey and weight-loss is faster in the beginning. Later on, it may slow down, or it may not, but the former is more common.

I had so much will-power that I lost hundreds of lbs over my lifetime; the biggest problem for me was KEEPING IT OFF! Life would happen -- injuries, illness, job losses, stress, and emotional upheavals would all work together and over time, I gained weight back. Not becuz I was just a glutton who liked to eat copious amounts of food, becuz I didn't -- but that I ate too much of the wrong kinds of foods for my body and lifestyle. MOSTLY, I NEEDED HEALING ...

From my knowledge and experience, I have noted that people that have dieted many times (esp yo-yoers); have lots more weight to lose (over 75 lbs); have suffered a lot of change & stress & hurt; have pain & physcial problems; and are older -- sometimes have a more difficult time with sustained weight-loss. Mind you, this is not engraved in stone, just common. Often, they will need to tweak their plans, change plans (cycle them), increase & change their exercise regimes, and persevere through some plateaus & stalls to reach their end goals.

The facts are that most people who diet gain some weight back eventually (95% or more); but I think we can learn ways to prevent that with knowledge & persistence. We need to develop healing strategies that help us to succeed -- physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I believe we all can succeed to some degree, BUT WE MUST BE EVER MINDFUL!!!

Let's work together; pray together; and support each other, so that we all can grow and see our dreams for restored good health come true ... :D

maykatcooper
03-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Aunt Loopie, I'm so proud of you right now... not in some kind of prideful way proud, just that you are claiming the strength that is given to all of us in Christ. Sometimes I just give in to temptation too soon (with food) and that just won't work! Your words are a real encouragement to me. Thank you for being so transparent and candid!

I tried a couple of "all but freebie" recipes today and am blown away! Kale Chips and Mock Baked Apple Slices... The apples are all but a freebie 'cause they were made with peeled and sliced zucchini rather than apples. I used Walden Farms Apple Butter, 1/2 lemon squeezed (the juice I mean), salt and allspice. Baked it at 350 for 30 minutes and then topped with cinnamon. GASP! I can't believe how good it is!

Walden Farms products are 0 Cal, 0 Carb, 0 Fat. They use Splenda or some other calorie free sweetener. I'm not sure how they make it so good but OH MY! A number of health food stores and perhaps Whole Foods carry then, but here in the mountains of Pennsylvania there ain't no such animal... so I order online.

P H A T
03-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Hey everyone, I hope everybody is having a good weekend. I'm actually at work right now doing some overtime. I'm about to leave. I just wanted to point out something that happened to me today. Some guy approached me, wanting to talk, & trying to hit on me. I politely declined, since I am in a committed relationship with the man I love, & he proceeded to tell me I should be "lucky that he tried to give me attention." .... What NERVE. Why do ppl assume just because youre a fluffy person that you're desperate & willing to fall for any jerk that approaches? I've always been fluffy, but I've never been desperate! Gosh!

:belly:

EZMONEY
03-12-2011, 06:07 PM
HI GALS :wave:

Well I am home from 90210 for the week-end :carrot: I will probably be staying up there all next week but I just never know, it is a large project but we have some smaller ones going on too and I can't always just send guys....my boss wants me to go and supervise....but sometimes they are closer to home :)

I had an awesome week with 3 guys sharing their thoughts on our sharing Christ. I posted it here ~ http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/227905-holy-spirit-work.html

:carrot: My daughter just stopped by...I will be back...yay she is home from Italy :carrot:

bargoo
03-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Please continue to pray for our friends in Japan who are going through a horrible ordeal. It is painful to watch this devastation but think of the people having to experience it.

EZMONEY
03-12-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm back :)

My daughter stopped by, I didn't know she was coming. She came up to see her mother in law as she has breast cancer and has recently gone through surgery. I knew I was going to see her tomorrow. She stayed for dinner as my son in law was at a tennis tournament.

After church tomorrow Angie and I are going to my daughter/sil's mom and sisters church for a craft show. They wanted Angie to bring her yoga materials and purses she has been making.

Well ladies it is so nice to see so many new faces...I will try and catch up better tomorrow but for now my prayers and :welcome3:

Be good ~ Gary

maykatcooper
03-13-2011, 10:00 PM
:?:OH MY... so sick today. We missed church but can go during the week and went on Wednesday. Migraine and I'm actually wondering if it has anything to do with Splenda. Anyone else having trouble with bad headaches the day after a Splenda/splendid meal?:dizzy:

Oh 2 be me
03-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Mornign all.
Had a bad headache yesterday, still not feeling too good this morning. Sinus I think. change in the weather.

MaryCat I cannot drink/eat anything w/artificial sugar in it. It does give me headache. So that may be what has caused your migraine.

I have classes today. Not feelign up to it but I missed then one dy last wk so need to go.

Still trying to be more aware of what I eat. Small steps. I'll get there eventualy.

maykatcooper
03-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Mornign all.
Had a bad headache yesterday, still not feeling too good this morning. Sinus I think. change in the weather.

MaryCat I cannot drink/eat anything w/artificial sugar in it. It does give me headache. So that may be what has caused your migraine.

I have classes today. Not feelign up to it but I missed then one dy last wk so need to go.

Still trying to be more aware of what I eat. Small steps. I'll get there eventualy.

Patty, thank you so much! It is such an amazing encouragement to know that I'm not walking a path alone! I am going to try to make some minor changes to test this. I have the chocolate shake (not pre-mix) for night snack and that could be part of the nightly mild headache. I had this amazingly delicious Mock Baked Apples using zucchini and WF Apple Butter. Yum it was so good but for 6 zukes used 1/2 jar. I'm thinking that was the culprit. I want to believe it's not true because this was soooo good but... the headache and accompanying nausea weren't worth it. Sigh. Au Naturale have to be my theme. Smile. Thanks again. Kathy:smug:

AuntLoopy
03-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi Kathy!

When I switched from sugar to Splenda, it was in the context of Propel vitamin-enhanced water. I have lupus, and tend to get dehydrated easily (now that I've reached the age for hot flashes, too!) I liked Propel because it was sweetened with cane sugar, and not high fructose corn syrup.

I didn't notice the change on the label. But suddenly I started getting headaches. Eventually I figured it out. Nonetheless, I decided to see if I could adapt to it, because I like the flavors of Propel, which encourages me to drink water instead of Gatorade (thereby saving a few hundred calories a day).

It took about a month of slowly adding it to my food regimen, but fortunately (or NOT fortunately, if it turns out to be bad for ya), now I don't have any reaction *AND* I can't tell it from sugar.

I had my first diet soda in many years, at church yesterday. And my goodness, it was delicious! Not fake tasting like Equal or saccharin.

maykatcooper
03-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi Kathy!

When I switched from sugar to Splenda, it was in the context of Propel vitamin-enhanced water. I have lupus, and tend to get dehydrated easily (now that I've reached the age for hot flashes, too!) I liked Propel because it was sweetened with cane sugar, and not high fructose corn syrup.

I didn't notice the change on the label. But suddenly I started getting headaches. Eventually I figured it out. Nonetheless, I decided to see if I could adapt to it, because I like the flavors of Propel, which encourages me to drink water instead of Gatorade (thereby saving a few hundred calories a day).

It took about a month of slowly adding it to my food regimen, but fortunately (or NOT fortunately, if it turns out to be bad for ya), now I don't have any reaction *AND* I can't tell it from sugar.

I had my first diet soda in many years, at church yesterday. And my goodness, it was delicious! Not fake tasting like Equal or saccharin.

Yum... Diet Soda! That sounds really nice. It is off my protocol. Sigh, but this is really working on me so I'm hanging in there. Smile. Thanks for the idea of breaking it in slowly. I hadn't even considered that. I hopefully will adjust as you did. I did read the possible side effects and headache was listed. Sucralose is the sweetener and research shows it should be controlled. I'll have to balance and watch my intake. Smile. Thanks again for your answer and input and wisdom. Smile. Kathy

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-14-2011, 08:55 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ we've been having some lovely :sunny: here for over a week now with warmer temps too; had one day of clouds but the :sunny: has returned -- what a glorious blessing here in the month of March!

BARGOO ~ we have been sending up lots of prayers for Japan and her people; also regarding keeping the nuclear reactors safely contained as well.

Have been resting my legs and they are really starting to feel better; it's been three days in a row with no pain. So we got lots done here today; some laundry, changed & washed the bed linens; cut DH's hair; did my hair along with shower, etc (I was able to lean on my Geri-chair to take weight off my knees and had no pain getting in and out of the shower today).

Have been eating really well too; made steak and veggie-mushroom medley for dinner tonight (have leftovers for tomorrow too). I subbed some pot barley for rice and it was nice. I am really seeing a difference by staying away from the salty snacks.

Have been doing a lot of reading in the evenings, but enjoying that too. Just finished some books written by Christians like LORI COPELAND (her books, FAITH, JUNE, HOPE series). All were enjoyable to read.

Hope you all have a wonderful week ... Rosebud :flow2:

Bootsie
03-15-2011, 12:57 PM
So thankful Rosebud ...No pain! Yeah I see so many new faces love it! All the determination here Wonderful! You can really see God at work here!

Oh 2 be me
03-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Evening all!
It has been a rainy dreary day. But they are saying temps will be at 70 by Friday!! WooHoo! I'm so ready for spring. I was noticing today some Bartlett pear trees that were almost in full bloom. They are so pretty but I don't like the smell.
I've done good with my food choices today. I've started taking my lunch/snacks. My half n half w/my coffee of the mornign adds quite a few calories but I'm not ready to give that up! I don't like the lf/ff version either.
I got some decaf to have a cup when I get home of the evening, instead of reg.
Still small steps.

Weighted Down:hug: I understand what you are saying. I have some of those same fears. But you know, I just thought of something. When I give into those fears of looks, comments, etc., and stay overweight, unhealthy just to keep those situations from happening, then I'm going back to the reason I have these fears and I'm giving into the control it once had on me.
I know there can be good reasons for these fears. It is hard to over come.
One thing that helped me thru some issues was the bible study "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. Wow! God showed me thru that study that I am His princess, He has clothed me in robes of righteousness. He has broken the bonds that once held me in this fear. JustWant2Bhealthy, I agree with all that you said about this.GOD's PERFECT LOVE! (Perfect Love casts out fear; I John 4:18). Amen!

Well, my time is up. Gotten get off and get some things done in the house, supper, then study for a test tomorrow.
Ya'll have a good evening.

maykatcooper
03-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Evening all!
It has been a rainy dreary day. But they are saying temps will be at 70 by Friday!! WooHoo! I'm so ready for spring. I was noticing today some Bartlett pear trees that were almost in full bloom. They are so pretty but I don't like the smell.
I've done good with my food choices today. I've started taking my lunch/snacks. My half n half w/my coffee of the mornign adds quite a few calories but I'm not ready to give that up! I don't like the lf/ff version either.
I got some decaf to have a cup when I get home of the evening, instead of reg.
Still small steps.

Weighted Down:hug: I understand what you are saying. I have some of those same fears. But you know, I just thought of something. When I give into those fears of looks, comments, etc., and stay overweight, unhealthy just to keep those situations from happening, then I'm going back to the reason I have these fears and I'm giving into the control it once had on me.
I know there can be good reasons for these fears. It is hard to over come.
One thing that helped me thru some issues was the bible study "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. Wow! God showed me thru that study that I am His princess, He has clothed me in robes of righteousness. He has broken the bonds that once held me in this fear. JustWant2Bhealthy, I agree with all that you said about this. Amen!

Well, my time is up. Gotten get off and get some things done in the house, supper, then study for a test tomorrow.
Ya'll have a good evening.

I began this very study, Believing God, two weeks ago with two neighbors. We are going really slowly to be able to digest and embrace all Beth (actually God's Word) teaches us. I'd love your prayers for one of the girls is not a believer. She is seeking. This is pretty strong stuff for a seeker so, without knowing who Sue is... please pray for God to draw Sue to Himself and give her understanding and faith in Himself. Thanks so much. Kathy

PS... I just wasn't careful in my reading of your note. You said, "Breaking Free." I've benefited from that study 3x now. It is excellent. I was leading the group and was so blessed to see so many lives "let go" of old baggage that was so very debilitating. The study we just began is another Beth Moore study and has been offered online so we can view it right from my home TV. She made all the paperwork downloadable and printable. WOW! Techno world we live in does have some advantages. Ha! Ha!

Praying for you today. Smile. Kathy

ronni62
03-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi, All and a big :welcome2: to all the new chicks since I was last here!! So glad to have you here!

We've just had a busy couple weeks. DS2 home on spring break, DS3 started soccer practices, DH home with a bad back for a couple days then took some vacation, too, while DS2 home. We decided to take an afternoon and drive the hour to go to a Red Lobster as our substitute for the whole 'spring-break-at-the-beach-thing' and had a wonderful meal and time with the boys.

Unfortunately, the weight loss is not going well for me. I agreed with a lot of what Rosebud said about the emotional and stress eating issues. I had a lot of family issues growing up and it just seems that food was my only 'friend' although I know it's not true, but I didn't have Jesus then. Now, it's habit and it's soooooo hard to break those bad habits. And, like Aunty, I'm from the Pennsylvania Dutch and my family heritage is fat, fat, fat, but I know it's up to me to get this accomplished.

I posted in Prayer Warriors about my friend, Diana. She's had a setback with a fractured hip and will be undergoing a hip replacement asap. She's been very weak from the chemo and being unable to eat properly, as well, so I know this is a bad situation. One of her sons is coming from New Mexico to be here for the surgery (the other one is local), so we know they're anticipating that things may not go the way they want. I'll get more details soon.

This has happened on the very day that we learned last year my dad was not doing as well as he had let on. The 21st will be one year since he passed away and I still miss him every day.

Also, praying for the Japanese. My cousin is a missionary over there, but she's in the southern part, so she's ok, but so very worried about the people. She says the part of Japan affected by this is the least churched (Christian missions) area of Japan. They are praying for many Christians to come to help with the clean-up and restoration.

Well, we do have sun today and, for the first time in about 150 days, we're to have temps in the low 50's!!!!:carrot: Might be able to get out for a walk if I can get around all the snowmelt puddles-lol! The MS has been awful the last couple weeks, but at least my walking isn't affected. Can't go too far from a bathroom for now:o, but I should be able to get around the block!

Hope you all have a great day!

maykatcooper
03-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Hi, All and a big :welcome2: to all the new chicks since I was last here!! So glad to have you here!

We've just had a busy couple weeks. DS2 home on spring break, DS3 started soccer practices, DH home with a bad back for a couple days then took some vacation, too, while DS2 home. We decided to take an afternoon and drive the hour to go to a Red Lobster as our substitute for the whole 'spring-break-at-the-beach-thing' and had a wonderful meal and time with the boys.

Unfortunately, the weight loss is not going well for me. I agreed with a lot of what Rosebud said about the emotional and stress eating issues. I had a lot of family issues growing up and it just seems that food was my only 'friend' although I know it's not true, but I didn't have Jesus then. Now, it's habit and it's soooooo hard to break those bad habits. And, like Aunty, I'm from the Pennsylvania Dutch and my family heritage is fat, fat, fat, but I know it's up to me to get this accomplished.

I posted in Prayer Warriors about my friend, Diana. She's had a setback with a fractured hip and will be undergoing a hip replacement asap. She's been very weak from the chemo and being unable to eat properly, as well, so I know this is a bad situation. One of her sons is coming from New Mexico to be here for the surgery (the other one is local), so we know they're anticipating that things may not go the way they want. I'll get more details soon.

This has happened on the very day that we learned last year my dad was not doing as well as he had let on. The 21st will be one year since he passed away and I still miss him every day.

Also, praying for the Japanese. My cousin is a missionary over there, but she's in the southern part, so she's ok, but so very worried about the people. She says the part of Japan affected by this is the least churched (Christian missions) area of Japan. They are praying for many Christians to come to help with the clean-up and restoration.

Well, we do have sun today and, for the first time in about 150 days, we're to have temps in the low 50's!!!!:carrot: Might be able to get out for a walk if I can get around all the snowmelt puddles-lol! The MS has been awful the last couple weeks, but at least my walking isn't affected. Can't go too far from a bathroom for now:o, but I should be able to get around the block!

Hope you all have a great day!

:^:Hi Ronnie... I homeschooled 3 of our 4 kids and of those 3 one is a fashion designer, one a landscaper with an award winning business, one an airline pilot and all girls! Our oldest and only son was a HS senior the year we began and way too smart for me to have helped! LOL! We know better but God had the best plan!

Our oldest girl's husband (13 years and 5 kids later) was just diagnosed with MS. Not all testing has been done yet but I'm wondering if there is a site you've found most helpful with info about MS. We all are trying to learn as much as we can as fast as we can. He has been with his parents in central PA for about 6 mos but is due to return to Portland, OR next week... just in time for all the "radiation" from Japan to hit (not to happen... I'm hoping I'm being facetious in implying a change in the atmosphere in Portland... our son the chemist says it shouldn't be a problem). Anyway, any help you could give me would be most appreciated. We would much rather be equipped with the truth and with sweet flavored words. Thanks so much. Kathy:p

ronni62
03-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Maycatcooper-National Multiple Sclerosis Society and Mayo Clinic (www.mayoclinic.com) have good info. Even WebMD has some info. It's really hard to find good info, as so many doctors have their own opinions about the disease, so I visit a lot of sites. When I first came down with symptoms, it was so long ago, we didn't even have a computer, so all my research was done in real books-LOL! After 16 years of symptoms, I was finally diagnosed 2 years ago. Hope this helps:) What symptoms is he having? And, what treatments are they talking about? I take no meds, as they're worried about worse side effects than most of the symptoms I have. My sister has just had to quit the Tysabri infusions as she's at high risk of developing the brain infection (PML).

And, glad to hear that the homeschooling works out! Some days I wonder if it's worth it:dizzy: (I'm sure you know what I mean!)

Have a good day!

maykatcooper
03-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Maycatcooper-National Multiple Sclerosis Society and Mayo Clinic (www.mayoclinic.com (http://www.mayoclinic.com)) have good info. Even WebMD has some info. It's really hard to find good info, as so many doctors have their own opinions about the disease, so I visit a lot of sites. When I first came down with symptoms, it was so long ago, we didn't even have a computer, so all my research was done in real books-LOL! After 16 years of symptoms, I was finally diagnosed 2 years ago. Hope this helps:) What symptoms is he having? And, what treatments are they talking about? I take no meds, as they're worried about worse side effects than most of the symptoms I have. My sister has just had to quit the Tysabri infusions as she's at high risk of developing the brain infection (PML).

And, glad to hear that the homeschooling works out! Some days I wonder if it's worth it:dizzy: (I'm sure you know what I mean!)

Have a good day!

Ronni62, thank you so very much. I find it exciting that you are not using meds. I was afraid that Matt had lost too much ground 'cause he hadn't been on meds. I will go tho these sites this week. Thanks again. ...and homeschooling dizzies... OH YEAH! I still say it is the most fun I've ever had and began with the youngest in 3rd grade with a 9th & 10th grader. All stayed through HS graduation. I miss it so much but am also happy those days are bygone with precious, precious memories! Smile.

Right now, I'm scratching like crazy! This crazy rash was clearing up, I thought, and now it's speading! EEK! I know it's not shingles. I had that this past summer. I have an appt in the morning with the family doc. I hate to throw in the towel to go but am anyway! Smile.

My little Bible study group met today. We only made it through the preliminary T/F test. We had some AMAZING discussion opening doors to share our love for Jesus! With a seeker forming 1/3 of our group, this was such answered prayer. Smile. Pray for S... smile. :smug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-16-2011, 09:11 PM
RONNIE ~ :hug: to you during this time; prayers for you and your friend DIANA and her family too. I know what you mean about family lineage: both sides of our family have an inclination for weight issues too, so several persons in our family are dealing with that and diabetes (and some are doing really well). Hang in there with the kids; it is a lot of work, but as Kathy shows, the results can be well worth it. :hug:

PATTY ~ will look into Beth's books/works; sounds interesting.

KATHY ~ prayers for your rash; and for your friend, SUE and your little study group; may the LORD richly bless you all ... :D

HI BOOTSIE ~ nice to see you pop by. :)

We did our weekly shopping today; got some walking in. Gotta watch that; will go rest after this and take it easy tomorrow too. Have had mild temps here, but some cooler ones with some sun are predicted for the weekend.

Have a great week, friends ... Rosebud :flow2:

maykatcooper
03-16-2011, 09:33 PM
I've been singing "I've Got Sunshine on a Stormy Day" for so long I'm not sure if I'll be able to sing at all tomorrow... for the laughter and joy of REAL SUNSHINE and temps breaking 60! WOW! ...maybe "I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW"... hmmm. I'll work on it! Smile.

Bootsie
03-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Has anyone started their gardens? My husband leveled some dirt down for me and I made my garden up by our store . I did that so I would be close by in case David needed help at the store. I love the garden no bugs right now not one grasshopper in sight right now but tomorrow may be a different story! My husband said I did not know how to line up the post so I told him you do it then so he drove six post in and when he left to do his taxes I did 5 more and put up the panels and cut them to size also. I was one tired puppy but still had to make him supper and feed the animals.
Yesterday I planted 2 sweet peppers and a tomato bush the peppers are fixing to bloom!
Today I transplanted 5 squash hope they make it. Planted purple Hulls around the fence line and green beans contenders. Going to plant some red carrots tomorrow and beets. I think I will go ahead and plant some okra. Out front of the garden I am going to plant hot peppers and flowers. I started out some tomatoes for Fall yesterday, toothache plant, Joseph coat, first time for that suppose to be really pretty and you can eat it too., lots more 72 little plants.
I am going to work cleaning out our barn tomorrow, there was two men cleaning it out today and they were smoking in the Barn, can you believe that??? I went in there after they left and I said my gosh smells like something burning and it got worse and I walked through there and looked down at the ground there was smoke coming up through the manure and hay and I ran and got some water and it was headed for the boards on the barn slowly and I poured it over it and went to digging all of that up . I filled up my wagon and sit it out front of the house in our road made of gravel if it catches on fire again at least I can call the fire department and they can get to it. If I had not gone out there our barn would of burnt down by morning and all the animals. The two men were digging the crap out of my barn to make a compost pile. While I was working in my garden at the road. I guess they just did not understand you do not smoke around crap and hay, that is like paper burning but it burns slow and not that easy to put out if there is alot burning. They will know better next time though I can assure you.

AuntLoopy
03-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi all!

Ronnie, thanks for showing us a potential positive aftereffect of the horrors in Japan. I know that Christians (because we are the most charitable people in the world) will be swarming to that part of Japan. May God in His mercy bring a positive outcome from this disaster. Historically, conversions to Christianity have doubled/tripled/etc. in areas where volunteers come to help those in turmoil from natural disasters.

Today I went to my doctor. As some of you know, I have been living for over 25 years with autoimmune disease (various doctors have called it lupus, RA, fibromyalgia, and a half-dozen other names that actually mean: we got no idea what is wrong with ya.)

It was a tough week WW-wise, with my first small weight gain despite following the program precisely. But when we saw my blood work (and they take a LOT of blood tests, because lupus can affect any organ or body part), the doctor thought that there must be an error. Not only is my bloodwork "like a newborn baby" -- even down to a cholesterol reading in the mid 100s compared to 389 three months ago, a heart rate like an athlete (despite previous lupus-related damage), and blood pressure so low that they couldn't read it, and they had to take me off my anti-hypertensive medications before I just fell over -- there are no markers for RA or lupus or any other autoimmune disease. This isn't the same as being in remission; this is *GONE* like it never happened.

We'll be repeating the tests in 90 days. And we're praising God for such a remarkable gift of renewal and healing, with such a small effort (following WW). Like my husband's "dying" tumor, this healing is beyond the medical profession's understanding.

My boss/pastor said that "this is because you were willing to be obedient" when we had the inspiration to change our lifestyle into more diligent healthy eating, despite things being weird at church/my job, DH's intestinal tumor, and the bankruptcy and unfriendly takeover of DH's company all at the same time. (We flunked the "are you ready to lose weight" quiz at weightwatchers.com!) I can tell you that it is an undeserved favor from a gracious God.

Oh 2 be me
03-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Aunt Loopy WooHOo! That is awesome news!! Praying it continues.

Bootsie I think I'd be having me a talk with those fellas! Thankful you caught it. Every year I think I would like to have a garden but then I'm not sure I'd even want to work in it if I had one. We had one when I was growing up. Dh plants a few tomatoes, peppers.

It has been a long day. I went for a stress test (echocardiogram?) this morning. Whew! I made it to the finish but I was whooped and could not breath when I got off. But thankfully my bp didn't go high, my heart rate was in good range. I didnt' see a dr there so I'm taking that as a good sign. I will see my reg dr in a week or so for the results.

This is one reason I really need to get healthier and get some of this weight off me. My dad passed with heart disease, my brother has blood clot issues, my mom has high bp, her dad passed of a stroke. I need to get myself into shape.

I've been sitting here looking over things on calorie counting,et c. I'm trying not to get overwhelmed.
I'm making my grocery list out, going to make a menu out.

Well, ya'll have a good evening.

Oh! and they weighed me today-210. Blah!!

EZMONEY
03-20-2011, 06:45 PM
HI GALS ~ :)

Well my week-end home is almost over then back up to Beverly Hills all week unless...UNLESS...my GRANDdaughter comes :carrot: Her due date is Tuesday :) My son and daughter in law came to church this morning and she is so ready to deliver!

Angie and I took the goldens for a walk to Starbucks yesterday, as we usually do on Saturdays when we can, this time we parked there then went out through an area we usually drive through. Very pretty and all the spring smells! The girls missed a walk after church today because it was just too cold, we have a new storm on the way. I guess I could have put on a jacket, I think I have one ;)... Bad :devil: parents :D

Watching basketball all week-end during time between chores...leading my son in our personal pool...a game behind my son in law in the ESPN pool we are in as a family/friend group.

The sermon Pastor did today was great on anxiety.....tsunami/earthquakes...radiation fallout....if it comes up on FB before I leave I will post it here.

Angie has been watching the Harry Potter marathon when she gets a chance, although we have all the dvds. I have never seen an entire show :^:

Continue to pray for AJ from our church, a young man with major heart issues right now...not looking good. His family has been dear church friends of ours for almost 30 years.

Well ladies, good to see all the posts when i come back into town. Soon I will be working closer...for a few weeks....and will be able to catch up and be a bit more personal...until then...

My prayers are with you all :hug: Gary

Oh 2 be me
03-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Gary is your grand daughter here yet? I'm expecting my first grandchild in October!!
Well, weighed this morning and I'm down 2.5 lbs!! Woot!! This is day 3 of counting calories. I think the weight loss had to do with the exercise of a stress test I had to have last Friday and then the major amount of walking I had to do at work on Saturday. But I'll take it.
The weather has been so nice this week. I'm hoping to get some walking in today.
Well, off to get some homework done.

EZMONEY
03-22-2011, 09:25 AM
PATTY no GRANDdaughter yet...dang!

My dil started having contractions yesterday morning at 1am....my son kept in touch, I was working out of town, and said the doctor said to tell your dad to come home...the baby will probably come tonight (yesterda) so far she is still kicking in the tummy....

we all hope she comes very soon....

Hannah2
03-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Hello everyone, Just joined this site then discovered this forum. So happy that there is a christian forum! I live in rural New Brunswick not too far from the Maine border. Cross border shopping is wonderful! Been struggling to lose about 15 pounds. It really shows as I carry it on my upper legs. Ugh!
It is not good for walking here yet. Woke up this morning to see snow on the ground and flurries all morning. The temp is -1 to +1. Will be so happy for some really nice warm weather! It is really good to meet you all. Have a wonderful day.

ronni62
03-22-2011, 03:49 PM
:welcome2: Hannah! Glad to have you here!

Bootsie-I'd be kicking some cigarette-smoking butts (pun intended) if I were you! You were guided by God to check out your barn, for sure;) As far as gardening, we think the frost may have come out last week, but still waaaayy too cold to put anything in the ground-not even potatoes-and very, very wet. My crocuses are starting to bloom, though, but they're right up next to the south side of the house, so it stays warmer there. I'll try to upload a pic, but can't remember how to resize.

Aunty-God's healing power is simply amazing, along with all His other powers, too!

Gary-waiting to hear about that granddaughter:)

Hi to everyone else, too! Not much going on here-rain, rain, rain right now. Spent the last couple days on an emotional roller coaster. Yesterday was 1 year since my dad passed, so I'd be remembering good things one minute and crying the next. I started wondering when the disbelief goes away. I look at his photos and it still seems impossible that this man who was so much a part of my entire life is now gone-can't call him or write to him or hear his laughter or sarcasm;) Went through photos for a good one to be used for a memorial ceremony at Life Center where his eyes were donated. He would hate the thought, but wanted people to know he was really a good person. The photo I found was from my sister's wedding and he looked so good in his tux! We eloped so didn't have any of those kind of photos of our own. He donated the rest of his body to IU medical school, so we don't have his remains back yet to bury. They said it could take up to 2 years, so I wonder if that doesn't have something to do with the disbelief aspect. He didn't want any kind of funeral, memorial, or "family gatherings" (his words) when he died, so we honored his wishes....well ......mostly-my cousins and aunt (Dad's only sibling) had a dinner with my family and Dad's best friend. So, I don't know if the lack of 'ceremony' has anything to do with it or if this is just normal.

Anyway, I've rambled long enough. Hope you're all having a nice day!

ronni62
03-22-2011, 04:14 PM
I think we figured it out! Wanted you to see my dad in his tux too:)

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-22-2011, 06:12 PM
:hug:RONNI ~ that's a lovely picture of your Dad; so handsome in his tux (thanks for sharing that with us). What you are feeling is very common; the disbelief factor hangs on for quite some time. You find yourself thinking or saying, "I just can't believe he/she is gone". Just last night, I commented to DH that it's hard to believe that my mother has been gone for 18 years, becuz it seems like it was yesterday. Time has flown by so quickly.

She died suddenly, so it wasn't expected at all; we had to rush over 400 miles for her funeral/memorial down south. It felt like a whirlwind; and I kept asking DH "was it real?" Of course, he kept reassuring me that it was; and that was that. My siblings were so sad; and so quiet (all except for the youngest; as they were so close and alike too). I just kept hugging her as long as she needed (until she was all cried out). I think everyone was still in shock at that point; stunned really.

Our mother was a very vibrant, talented lady; kinda like the matriarch of the family and the loss had a huge impact on the family (she was like the glue that held everything together). I told my brother that now everyone would have to learn how to fly on their own; and they did, but not until after a lot of stumbles, falls, and even crashes.

The place was packed and didn't have enuff seatings and they had to open up all their extra rooms some distance away (and that wasn't even all the people that were her friends). Some didn't know until long after that she had even passed; it was hard to call everyone they knew over her lifetime (co-workers, friends, etc).

With time, you will feel better; but you will still cry now & then. You'll remember their laugh, their wit, their voice, their gifts & talents -- and yes, even their faults too; but as time goes on, you do cry less. DH was reminiscing about both his parents being gone; and I told him that now that my Dad & stepmother are older and getting sick so often, you kinda feel like you're walking on eggshells wondering how long you have with them. You hope & pray that they have more time.

DAD called, and since they have to stay closer to home for health reasons and becuz they are landlords; they will only be coming once this year in August. I told him that we would rather they rest and get their health back; and told him to take it easy (but he likes to keep busy). Oh well ...

You'll get through it RONNIE; we all will. Prayers going up for peace & strength for you during this time. Wow, you have flowers up already; we have too much snow in our south side yet, but soon the west may melt so they can come up. I asked DH not to put any more snow on that garden so they can.

Gotta go serve dinner; take care ... Rosebud :hug:

EZMONEY
03-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi GALS :)

Well still no GRANDdaughter....:mad:.....;)

She keeps poking around in there...doctor said she was sure to arrive yesterday after he had my dil come in since she has been in labor so long....doctor had her come back in today and said all is well, she just isn't quite ready....and seriously what are the chances she was really gonna come on her due date? :D

RONNI ~ Did your father not want you to have a "family gathering" or a funeral because he didn't want people fussing over him? Sounds like a pretty good guy since you loved him so much. How would it be if you had a "celebration" for him like we do for my mom with the Grammi Judi Chili Celebration. Something simple, just family and friends over for an easy meal...we make it potluck...I make the chili and Angie makes one too....if it feels right to say something about him fine, if not go about your gathering having a good time visiting. Do you really think he would mind that?

My wife and kids know that as far as I am concerned they can do whatever they want. I want my body to go to research at the college here, Angie too...I told them they can have a BBQ, have a memorial at church...whatever THEY want to do...'cause it won't be about me...I will be in :carrot: paradise! :carrot: The only thing I ask is that they try to make it a happy occasion...because they too KNOW that I will be having a great day with our LORD!

Well...back to baby watch....;)

tayde
03-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Hi Everyone...I'm new here. Some background info, I was raised in a Christian family, pretty much from high school to about a month ago I was either questioning my faith or not ready to give my life to Jesus. I visited a nice church about a month ago and surrendered my life to Jesus.

Recently, I've been thinking alot about the "idols" I have in my life....all of the things I "worship" other than God. I've realized that my appearance and my weight are obsessions of mine. I do need to lose weight but I obsess over it and I obsess over my appearance.

I want to focus on losing weight and becoming healthy and feeling better about myself...but I want to do it with the glory of God. Any suggestions or encouragement? :cb:

bargoo
03-22-2011, 08:16 PM
tayde, Welcome and good luck !

EZMONEY
03-22-2011, 08:32 PM
I want to focus on losing weight and becoming healthy and feeling better about myself...but I want to do it with the glory of God. Any suggestions or encouragement? :cb:

:hug: Stick around....we will always be here to help.....ask anything of us you wish :)

AuntLoopy
03-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Welcome Tayde!

I think that you're doing it for the very best reason. Personally, there's an element of vanity involved (buying vestments right off the rack!), but at its best, my WW experience is all about being obedient and faithful, taking care of my body so that it can continue to serve the One who saved me.

Which reminds me: here's a pic of me in my brand new black preaching robe, down 16 pounds and three dress sizes!

Because even a little bit of progress is still progress... (http://pics.livejournal.com/karunya/pic/0002d9t1/)

Bootsie
03-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Hi Tayde Welcome! This is a great group ,you will grow to love them. They have helped me more than they will ever know.
Tonight God taught me a good lesson. I could not find my cat Rufuss and he always comes home at night, he hunts all day long. Could not find him been outside for two hours and I stopped and prayed and I have never had a pray answered so soon .I was in the store room today and he was in there! What a relief I would of been up and down the road all night looking for him!

Ronni, I know the sadness you are going thru bless your heart, I lost my Dad and my Mama, but my sister and I were so close when she went it really dug a hole in my heart. Thou she is gone sometimes I feel her so near can not explain it, I can hear her laughter, it always made me laugh and we would have to go in separate rooms to stop laughing it was so contagious, we would laugh till we had tears. I loved her and I still miss her, we had the same Birthday except she was 15 years old when I was born.
I love your flowers so pretty! I had some little white ones on the south side blooming in the cold weather!That is also a great picture of your Dad.

Bootsie
03-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Gary how do you donate your body to colleges for research? I have heard of it being done but never heard how or where to get the papers.

Gary, My friend does not want no funeral she wants to be took straight to the grave side and buried ,no grave site funeral either. She said If you want to visit me come by while I am alive and give me flowers now so I can enjoy them don't wait till I am dead. She said I don't want people goking at me when I am laying in my casket and she wants a wooden box nothing fancy either. I said Ok...not even a dinner or celebration No she said. If you want to do that you can do that to while I am alive so I gave her a 80th birthday party and invited everyone!

ronni62
03-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Thank you all for sharing your grief stories with me-it helps a LOT to know I'm not alone.

Bootsie-Body donation is fairly simple. I found the info on-line for Dad when he started thinking about it. It should be easy if there's a medical school in your state. Indiana University takes bodies free of charge to the family as long as they are in Indiana (otherwise there is a transport fee). There are some rules-the body must be viable for research/study, so certain diseases would prohibit a body donation. No organs could be donated, except eyes, to anywhere else, which makes sense, as the med students need to know where everything is. Best thing is to look on-line for body donation and see what comes up in your state. Dad wanted to do this so that none of us would have to pay for any part of his burial. After the med school is done, the body is cremated and they will either bury the remains in their cemetery or return them to the family. We are having Dad's remains returned to me, so we can bury him with his parents-we also found out that the cemetery they're in does not charge anything to put the container of ashes on a family plot, which would make Dad very happy.

Rosebud-thank you. It seems that most of my family is passing away in a sudden manner. Don't know what you think, but DH and I decided it's just a bit harder to deal with when the death is unexpected. His dad lingered with the cancer and, hate to say it but, it was a relief to see him go and know he was no longer suffering. My dad's death was so unexpected that we were all just floored. I remember my aunt saying over and over that this wasn't the way it was supposed to turn out. Their parents (my grandparents) were killed when a semi ran over their car 18 years ago and, like you, it still seems unreal. They were also the glue that helped hold our family together. Now, my dear aunt is taking up the reins, so to speak. She just wants to keep us all close, so she still has some part of her parents and brother, and, of course, we just love her and want to have her around as long as we can!

Gary-maybe I answered somewhere in all the rest of that, but Dad's main objective was to keep any of us from having to spend any money on him, as he had very little insurance and pretty much died penniless. My cousin joked that Dad did things the way he wanted and made sure the last check he wrote bounced! ( it wasn't really that bad, but you know what I mean) Dad had also been very badly affected by his parents' funeral and the expense of it. The funeral director seemed to think that they'd be reimbursed by the trucking company, so charged rates much higher than anyone thought they should be, when, in fact, there's some law in IN that keeps companies from having to pay for "work-related" deaths. So, long story short, Dad did not want any of us to ever pay another funeral home for anything ever again. He also hated how people would stand around talking about the deceased and cry and be emotional, but we did that anyway, so we'll probably have a family 'gathering' when we bury his ashes and hope he can forgive us;)

AuntLoopy-you look great in your photo!!

Well, sorry I went on and on and on and ..... Hope you all have a wonderful day and that things are starting to 'spring' up! God bless!

Bootsie
03-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Yeah Aunt Loopy 16 pounds and you look great!

Going to check it out Ronni for I think that is a great idea! Helping someone in the future after I am gone, just love it!

AtLeastMyToesAreThin
03-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi everyone! I've been reading through this and smiling. This is exactly the type of support I need :)

I have about 15lbs to lose - coming from a background of eating disorders and alcoholism - I'm so ready to let go, to let God.

Bootsie
03-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Welcome , Atleastmytoesarethin! Hope I see lots and lots of you around here.
I checked it out on donating my body to science and there are so many now it is getting like which one do I choose! I am going to really have to do some checking out all of them. My grandson is going to become a chripractor,oh this computer don't know nomore than I do how to spell it a Back doctor in other words, may ask him what he thinks.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-24-2011, 08:42 PM
:welcome: HANNAH ~ it's nice to have a fellow CANADIAN join us on our thread here. The weather is cold here too; and we still have lots of snow, as we had a big storm recently. The temps are colder this week, but we have been blessed with lovely :sunny: too!

:welcome2: TAYDE ~ Congrats on your new decision for Christ! One thing that I love is that we are encouraged in the scriptures; and reminded that we don't have to worry or be anxious about what we eat or wear (see Luke 12; also in Matthew too). GOD wants us to be healthy & well, but he doesn't want us to worry about it. We have been blessed with lots of healthy food in our society so we can eat well and get healthier too. There are some threads in this forum that you may find helpful too.:D

:welcome3: ATLEASTMYTOESRSKINNY ~ glad that you found us over here; come back often. Did you see our PRAYER WARRIORS THREAD in this forum? We'd love you to join us there; we can always use more prayer partners! Am sending up some prayers for you too! :hug:

GARY ~ that's so true; not many babies arrive right on their due dates, esp the first ones ... ;)

AUNTY ~ your new robe looks fine ... not too flashy; just right!

RONNIE ~ you're welcome; I think sharing our experiences can have a healing effect. Also, I do agree with you & your DH -- and for the exact same reasons too. :hug:

BOOTSIE ~ glad that you found your kitty; I always call on the Lord and His angels (mine too) to help us find things that are lost, esp our fine furry friends. The Lord knows how much we care about them; He does too!

:wave: BARGOO ~

Have a Fabulous Friday everyone ... Rosebud :flow2:

Oh 2 be me
03-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Evening all! Sorry I haven't taken time to read the post, hope you all are well. I'm tired. Had one class this morning then on to work, didnt' get off til almost 7. I work in a tuxedo shop and it's starting to get busy with proms.
I did get to the chiro today. My lower back is giving me problems. Hurts.
I have done pretty good with my eating choices. Did some extra walking today. I need to get a pedometer.

Hannah2
03-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Hello everyone,and thank you for the welcome! I rather bombed out this week. Not good at all for calorie intake. Came down with a sinus infection. Just wanted to eat all the time. Something going down my throat seemed to ease the itchyness. Wrong choices of course! It is still very windy and cold here so I can't go walking until I am over this sinus problem. Gained 2 pounds. I am hoping that is fluid and not fat! I have been drinking tons of water to soothe my throat so perhaps it is the fluid! I have to get my act together soon though...summer is coming even to cold New Brunswick! I wonder, do floor exercises really help. Some say yes and others say no! I thought I would give them a try while I am house bound.
**** I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me****

EZMONEY
03-25-2011, 02:45 PM
HI GALS ~

She's here and GRAND!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/228894-shes-here-shes-grand.html#post3774977

Hannah2
03-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Awesome...congratulations!!

ronni62
03-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Congratulations Grandpa Gary!! Or, as we said in southern Indiana, Pappaw!! You're probably spoiling her already;) And, she has a beautiful name! Hope mommy, daddy, and baby are doing well!

EZMONEY
03-26-2011, 09:59 PM
I have added the pictures from yesterday to the link I gave

tyme4me
03-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Good Morning All,
Prayers to those in need; congrats to new babies; and a BIG thank you for a wonderful site to feed the heart and soul.

Ronni: I'm am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Father who passed at age 49; my Mother at 57; my oldest Brother at 50; and I just lost my last Brother at Christmas time four days before his 59th Birthday. We had just talked how he would be the first to make age 60 in our immediate family. Grandparents were in their 60's and 70's. My brother didn't show for the early Christmas dinner while my son was in from Hawaii. I knew something was wrong-he always came early-he was the fun "Dad" to my son and daughter and their friends. I thank God everyday that he saw them both and the grandkids days before the dinner. I was the outgoing one and he was the shy one, but we were always best friends--could talk about life or anything. He is so missed. His(and my husband) job of 37years closed 5 years ago and it was very hard. They both missed full retirement (55 and out) by months. My brother is not married and did parttime jobs to make ends meat, but had no insurance. We paid for his cremation and my kids are coming back in this summer to go with me to do what he wanted with his ashes at our favorite camping area in WV--my parents home state. Much family still there and my brother was their favoite uncle also. My sister and I are the last and she is 57 and I will be 55 tomorrow. She is sure she is next, but I tell her to thank Jesus and God for each day. She has been a christain for a long time whereas I have always believed in God, but am just really learning about him and his word for the first time for the last few years.
Thank you for a place to come and be able to say how I feel. Reading all of your posts gives so much support and you can feel the Lord in all of you.
Shirl

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-27-2011, 07:52 PM
:hug:SHIRL ~ prayers going up for you & your sister, and your family; you all sure have been through a lot too. Glad that you are coming to know GOD through his precious son, Jesus Christ. Did you take a peek at the Salvation Thread in this forum. Just have to invite Jesus into your heart and life, and He is faithful to help you learn all about His Father too. Jesus said that if you know Him, then you know the Father; for they are one (gospel of John). JESUS has all the same wonderful traits that GOD has: love, kindness, mercy, patience, fariness, goodness, righteousness, etc.

GARY ~ :congrat: to the new Grandparents, Gary & Angela; and to the proud parents & family ... :D

PATTY H ~ good for you for making some more excellent choices recently; ^prayers^ going up for your back issues ...:hug:

We've had lotsa lovely :sunny: here to warm up our cooler March weather; some of the ***** is melting, and it sure looks like spring is around the corner. I did really well this month too; only one day, we had some popcorn for a snack, but ate really good that day, so things would even out too. It's so nice to see continuous improvement along the way ... :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend ... Rosebud :flow2:

EZMONEY
03-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi GALS :)

Still walking on :cloud9: since the birth of my granddaughter Kaia Faith :hug: Praise GOD! :carrot:

Angie and I saw her after church today, I held her for about an hour :carrot: we are trying to "share" with everyone that wants to see her right now and give my son/dil some space. I know as time passes things will ease up. My dil's grandparents are here and her sister from Florida, so we are trying to give the the most time as we will have every day to visit. SHE just has so many aunts, uncles and cousins that want to see her right now and all of my son/dil friends...they are VERY popular with all their sports/work/ and Charger Girl etc. They haven't been able to take much of a breath but at the same time feel very-VERY blessed to have so many supporters!

I will head out of town tomorrow for the week but may sneak back home one day...I am not sure I can go all week w/o seeing her :D

So awesome to see new people here and I swear I will take time soon to catch up and visit with all of you and our "REGULARS!"...the thread that holds us together...I like to include me in that too ;)

So short on time right now :(

I will tell you all I read every post and all are included in my thoughts and prayers :hug:

Angie is calling for dinner....

Be good...

Bootsie
03-27-2011, 09:46 PM
YaHOO! Grandpa Gary!
:cheer::cheer::cheer:
KAIA FAITH
A beautiful name

EZMONEY
03-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Thank You BOOTSIE!

Bootsie
03-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Today is a beautiful day in Texas. Not to hot not to cold just right... calling for some rain but they don't rightly know it could come up a good frog floater! Only God knows. People are afraid to plant around here for fear of no water, If you wait on perfect conditions you will never succeed! They just don't understand, why I have a garden, told them you have to trust the Lord. They just shake their head and look down at the ground and walk off, and say I hope your right. I hope he shows them!

maykatcooper
03-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Ronni I am praying for you and your family... I am so sorry. How treasured that you and your brother were so close.

Expecting snow SNOW did I say that out loud YES SNOW TONIGHT! I think I'll curl up tomorrow and work on one of the two quilts I'm enjoying.

Met with our little neighborhood Bible study today and am feeling so very blessed. My next door neighbor is a wonderful Christian... I've never been in that living circumstance before and I am treasuring it. Smile...

Finished 8 week weigh in with Ideal Protein protocol and have lost 26 pounds. SOOOOO HAPPY! Smile.

Oh 2 be me
03-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Evening all! Hope you all are doign well.
I've bout wound down and thinking of going to bed to read awhile.
I had a slip over the past several days with my eating and keeping track of calories but I'm back on track today. I've got my lunch and snacks ready for tomorrow.
My daughter went to the dr for her first visit on Tuesday. If you want you can see her ultra sound on my blog at hallhaven.blogspot.com. She is 12 weeks! I'm ready to go for a visit but it being prom season (I work in a tuxedo shop) I won't be able to go for another month or so. sigh.

Bootsie
03-31-2011, 10:09 PM
Patty maybe she can send you the strip they give of the heart beat, I got Stormys, gosh it don't seem he should be 18 , He was just following me around on the ranch seems like yesterday with his little wheel barrow and me with mine feeding the goats and cows. All of a sudden he would stop and say, Nanny! The plane! The plane! and look to the sky or Nanny! pointing at the sunset set. Look! Look! Or going to town and we come upon a sign Dairy Queen pointing saying Dairy Queen! Of course he was just 3 years old, sure have missed him.

Oh 2 be me
04-01-2011, 06:19 AM
Aww! Bootsie, I'm sure you do miss him. My son is now 20, my dd 23. I do miss those years.

I'll ask about the strip next time they go or if they have one to get me a copy of. THat's a good idea. I thought about starting a journal type thing.

I'm up early this morning. I have to be at the tech school before 8 to sign up for a medical coding class. THey only take the first 20! And the class won't be until summer of 2012! Then I have to go to work. Today is pickup day at the shop. I'll be busy, busy!!

Have my lunch, snacks ready for the day.
Ya'll have a wonderful day!!

bargoo
04-02-2011, 03:47 PM
I would like to request prayer for David Stow. I do not know him, but he lives near me on Northern California. He and a couple of friends went to the LA Dodgers/SF Giants baseball game in LA. LA won the game. But evidently some Dodger Fans were so enraged that a Giants fan attend a game at their ball park they attacked this man and savagely beat him, he is in an LA Hospital in a coma , listed as critical condition. This attack was not provoked in any way. I do not know his mother Ann Stow but have learned that she works at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Felton , Ca. David has two children and works as a Paramedic. Isn't that ironic ? His job is to help save lives and now he is fighting for his life.

I made an error on his name he is Bryan Stow.. no change in his condition as of this morning.

Oh 2 be me
04-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Bargoo, will say a prayer for him. That is such a shame that people get so intense over a game. I don't understand that.

I'm home after working 5 hours this morning. I had a bad headache this morning so took some meds and now it's a dull throb along with the affects of the meds. Change in the weather always does this.
It is a beautiful but windy day here, temps in the 50's. Love this time of yr.

Ya'll be blessed.

maykatcooper
04-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Praying now for a miraculous healing by our Lord and a full recovery... comfort and encouragement for David's family and those who were traumatized by seeing this at what was to have been a fun day. Thank you for sharing the request.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar067/cartoonapple01/lb/234/165/207/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Bootsie
04-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Praying for David in Texas. It is a shame that people take games so serious .I won't even play 42 with my family because they take it too serious! They can play by their selves!

bargoo
04-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Thank you all for your prayers, I know his family will be so appreciative.

bargoo
04-03-2011, 11:16 AM
I made a mistake on his name . He is Bryan Stow Fortunately God knows his name. Nothing new on his condition this morning according to todays paper.

Bootsie
04-08-2011, 04:28 PM
That's right Bargo, he knows. I seen it on the news the other morning and they say he may never come out of it. That is a shame that game turned to that.
Well I am wondering where is everyone?;) Hope out having fun in good weather!

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-09-2011, 08:40 PM
STOP!!!

PLEASE DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD ANYMORE. THANKS!!!

OK, YOU GALS/GUYS ~ we're over in the new APRIL thread ...;) Here's a link ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/229705-christian-encouragers-april.html#post3799880